Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: Aka Things That Make You Go "Gah!"

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Your Pet Peeves are your Pet Peeves and you're welcome to express them here. However, that does not mean that you can use this topic to go after your fellow posters; being annoyed by something they say or do is not a Pet Peeve.

If there's something you need clarification on, please remember: it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; don't talk about what they said, talk to them. Politely, of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be treated with respect. (If need be, check out the how to have healthy debates guidelines for more).

While we're happy to grant the leniency that was requested about allowing discussions to go beyond Pet Peeves, please keep in mind that this is still the Pet Peeves topic. Non-pet peeves discussions should be kept brief, be related to a pet peeve and if a fellow poster suggests the discussion may be taken to Chit Chat or otherwise tries to course-correct the topic, we ask that you don't dismiss them. They may have a point.

• Start Topic

I take one omeprazole daily for acid reflux and heartburn. It works pretty well for me. Now that I know from my colonoscopy that I have gastritis (stomach lining inflammation), basically all I can do is treat the symptoms.

What's weird is I'll fall asleep on the couch occasionally and wake up with acid reflux but it rarely happens in bed. Both surfaces are flat (not inclined).

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

Now that I know from my colonoscopy that I have gastritis (stomach lining inflammation), basically all I can do is treat the symptoms.

Is it chronic? Because some forms of gastritis can be treated with antibiotics if they are caused by bacteria. That's how I got rid of mine many years ago.

• Useful 2
32 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

Tags in clothing, especially in the neck seam. Why are we still doing this?!?!

A couple of years ago I bought some panties, the cheap kind that come in one pack. They had tags at the waistband in the back & it drove me crazy, so I finally cut them off. Then I realized other than that, I loved them & wanted to get more. But I have no idea what brand they are because there isn't a name anywhere else & I don't have the tags. I didn't see them again where I bought them either, so basically, whatever company they are lost a sale because they were stupid & put tags instead of printing their name.

• LOL 7
On 2/8/2022 at 3:32 AM, SoMuchTV said:

Pretty sure I’d be the Clueless Acquaintance Trying To Make Small Talk who would say something like that, so sending out apologies to the universe. But in this case I suspect you already know how the remark was intended, or you wouldn’t have been peeved by it. 

Which brings me to my pet peeve: small talk. Also, "How are you?" should be discarded entirely, since it has lost all meaning.

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

Which brings me to my pet peeve: small talk. Also, "How are you?" should be discarded entirely, since it has lost all meaning.

I disagree with this, I think it's more important than ever to check in on people and see how they're doing. Sometimes asking "how are you" is the only way to even start the conversation.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, emma675 said:

I disagree with this, I think it's more important than ever to check in on people and see how they're doing. Sometimes asking "how are you" is the only way to even start the conversation.

Except that people now say it as a part of greeting, with the expectation that you will just say "Fine", or even "Great". My team leader is asking it at every work meeting, at my previous job when I had to answer phonecalls some people would say it as a way of greeting which just made the call unnecessarily longer, etc. Even when I talk with people i know, I am not sure if they are genuinely asking or just checking the required thing to say and I don't feel like spending minutes pondering whether I should just say fine to get over it, or talk about how I really am. I don't mean when I talk to some actual friends, I mean like extended family or colleagues or other people that I most likely don't want to talk to in the first place. For introverts like me, the whole small talk is just an unnecessary, energy draining crap.

• Love 5

This topic reminds me of my father. I love my dad, and he loves me. I know he cares in his own way. However, he's one of those constant how are you, but doesn't care to listen types. It's his favorite thing to ask, but he'll forget he does, will tune out, dismiss your problems if you share, etc. I remember when I was younger and had really bad depression, he'd be all chirpy "you doing good?!" I'm like yeah not at all, you know my life is a disaster. Please don't constantly ask me. 

When it comes to family and friends, I prefer a genuine "how have you been?" and being okay with sometimes hearing "not good" and discussing why. I think calling someone you haven't talked to in awhile and asking how they've been doing is really lovely. I really hope that this pet peeve of the unnecessary how are you isn't being confused with that. 

One way of showing you care genuinely is taking the time to listen. I believe in being positive, but there is such a thing as toxic positivity. It's healthy to talk about your worries and problems to a degree. I think it's much easier to get over them that way. I'm also not the type to be a very draining friend. More often than not, I'm the one who's good/fine/great and listens to everyone else. Besides listening, I do believe in trying to help people with their problems, if you can. I'll share advice, books, different things that have helped me. I've helped loved ones out with money. I'll help out with errands for those who aren't as mobile. I guess I think actions speak louder than words. Show me you care about how I'm doing, don't just ask me constantly. 

• Love 7

TV-related pet peeve . . .

I love Bridgerton. Love the scenery, beautiful people, costumes, music, all of it. But I could really do without some of the raunch. It's almost like grownup Disney escapism for adults with how pretty and dreamy it is, then there's a dude's ass or bunny sex. It's not the most graphic stuff on television, but not the most tasteful either. 

• Love 4
On 2/7/2022 at 5:04 PM, peacheslatour said:

I did have somebody tell me that about Chicago Fire. It's nothing like Emergency! It's about a bunch of alleged firefighters who spend all their time partying, drinking, shagging each other and having "meaningful" talks with each other about aforementioned parting, drinking, shagging, etc. 

And worse, I read on one review of Chicago Fire on IMDB that in one episode, the trucks and other equipment pulled into the station front-first, instead of backing in with the front facing out. That is not good practice (it's for entertainment, of course, but still...), because if you're called in for something, and you don't have time to waste (you've gotta head that way quickly and get over there fast), having to back out can cost valuable seconds and minutes, because you've got to look behind you and watch where you're going.

Backing in and driving out, on the other hand, like was done in Emergency!, is far more practical (of course, you've still gotta watch traffic no matter what, but if you back in, you can see how bad the traffic is and gauge when to pull out into the road), and this is another reason why I might see and enjoy all of Emergency! on DVD before I even touched a minute of Chicago Fire.

• Love 4

Backing in and driving out, on the other hand, like was done in Emergency!, is far more practical (of course, you've still gotta watch traffic no matter what, but if you back in, you can see how bad the traffic is and gauge when to pull out into the road), and this is another reason why I might see and enjoy all of Emergency! on DVD before I even touched a minute of Chicago Fire.

For all it's archaic approach to sexism, Emergency! was very realistic.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

For all it's archaic approach to sexism, Emergency! was very realistic.

Except for the fingernails on Dixie.  Most nurses don't have long fingernails like that.  

Emergency!  taught me the meaning of diaphoretic because it seemed almost every patient was reported as being diaphoretic so I had to look it up.

For work, I park in a municipal parking structure which is across the street from a fire station.  I've often have to wait to enter or depart as a fire truck is backing into the station.  It's a station that has water rescue equipment due to the lakes in and around my city, so sometimes they're backing a boat into the station - that takes a bit of maneuvering, usually with a couple firefighters in the street providing direction.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Calvada said:

Except for the fingernails on Dixie.  Most nurses don't have long fingernails like that.  

Emergency!  taught me the meaning of diaphoretic because it seemed almost every patient was reported as being diaphoretic so I had to look it up.

For work, I park in a municipal parking structure which is across the street from a fire station.  I've often have to wait to enter or depart as a fire truck is backing into the station.  It's a station that has water rescue equipment due to the lakes in and around my city, so sometimes they're backing a boat into the station - that takes a bit of maneuvering, usually with a couple firefighters in the street providing direction.

How many gallons of water does a firetruck carry?

It is far more practical for a firetruck to back into the station than for it to pull into the station.  In an emergency, they are ready to go -- just pull out and head to the fire.  Otherwise, they waste time backing out and changing gears and all that.  Seconds can count in an emergency.

We have a contractor who regularly visits my workplace, and he said they were instructed to back into parking spots for safety reasons.  They drive large panel vans, and they say that it can be hard to see if someone is walking behind the van as they back out of a parking spot, especially if they don't have backup cameras.  They can be fairly certain no one's standing in the spot behind them as they back in, though, and obviously can see in front of them when they pull out of a spot.

Related peeve -- I am terrible at backing up into a parking spot or my driveway.  Even with the backup camera, I have a hard time aiming properly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I am referring to regular cars/ suvs, there is no advantage backing in vs pulling in. Especially with back up cameras now. 

I always suspect regular people who back into a spot as going to rob a store so they need a quick getaway.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

When I first started driving I always backed into a spot in case I needed a jump. Now, in my old age,  I back into driveways and such if I’m going to be leaving when it’s dark out. I do the same at home, especially in the winter. It’s easier to get out in the snow going forward, rather than backing up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
28 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

When I first started driving I always backed into a spot in case I needed a jump. Now, in my old age,  I back into driveways and such if I’m going to be leaving when it’s dark out. I do the same at home, especially in the winter. It’s easier to get out in the snow going forward, rather than backing up.

But isn't hard to back into a spot in the snow?  

It rarely snows though where I live. 

In the municipal parking structure I use when I'm in the office, there are a number of people who back into a parking spot.  I have no issue with that except for those who need multiple attempts to back their car into a parking spot.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Whoever was the expert that said the best way to reduce stress was to talk to yourself like you were a child was full of shit. I’m a thirty-four year old woman and yet friends of my parents talk to me like I’m a child—read: in a simpering, condescending patronizing manner. I cannot stand it when other people do that, so why the hell would I talk that way to myself?

• Love 4

I don’t know what appropriate Everything Else TV thread this fits in, but people that make wild assumptions about those who don’t like certain characters on shows, especially if it’s one of the characters that’s a darling of the fanbase. 

I was just on a subreddit for one of my favorite shows, and someone said that maybe people don’t like one of the popular female characters because she doesn’t fit the nurturing and ultra-feminine definition of a woman, or because they see their own flaws reflected in that character. I have also seen people who don’t like her referred to as “self righteous hypocrites who need to examine their lives.” And it really just rubs me the wrong way. I’m actually a woman too and I have enjoyed characters who aren’t “ultra feminine”, so I don’t see why not liking a character means I need to examine my life. Is it because I don’t fit the echo chamber? And is it really appropriate to make assumptions about real people’s lives because they like someone who doesn’t exist? I don’t know. It bothers me so much I may just unsubscribe.

Guarantee you if you reversed the roles and started making assumptions about the lives of people who liked the character that those people would be raging and claim they were being told who to like. But it’s OK when they do it. 

Edited by Cloud9Shopper
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 2/12/2022 at 7:13 PM, Calvada said:

In the municipal parking structure I use when I'm in the office, there are a number of people who back into a parking spot.  I have no issue with that except for those who need multiple attempts to back their car into a parking spot.  

Along those lines, why haven't car manufacturers/ traffic authorities yet to invent and/or agree to a signal that indicates to the driver behind that the driver ahead is about to back into( with the intention of parallel parking in) a clear spot?  I mean, in my city, there are times when I have no choice to get a spot to a near by destination besides parallel parking, and to do so when there's traffic behind me, the only remotely coherent means I have to communicate my intentions is to suddenly speed up so there's at least one car space between us THEN  use my right turn signal when I start backing up into the spot - and even then cars behind me have still sped up to the point that I have no space to be able to back into the desired spot and have to either try to seek out another spot and/or circle around the block and HOPE that the original spot didn't get taken.

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Backing in to a spot is no more practical. I will fight that battle to the end. 

My neighbors have commented many times about the fact that I back into my garage. They think I’m nuts, but when I get into my car I’m ready to go. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

My neighbors have commented many times about the fact that I back into my garage. They think I’m nuts, but when I get into my car I’m ready to go. 

My neighbors have been consistantly awed by my prowess in doing so.  To be fair, I am the youngest in the neighborhood, by probably 15-20 years.

• Love 2

I live at the top of a blind hill, and backing out of my driveway is not practical even under the best of circumstances.  In good weather, I can pull all the way in the driveway (it's about 40-50 yards long) and turn around, but if there's any significant snow, I park as close to the street as possible (less shoveling that way), but it also means I have to back in.  Sometimes it takes me a couple of tries to get it right, which no doubt irritates the speeders who tailgate me, but I don't care.  My peeve is that those people are speeding and tailgating me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I never even thought of backing into a driveway.  I was only referring To parking spots.  

But there is no possible way I could back into our driveway or garage. Two large cars in an average two car garage is hard enough just pulling in forward. No room for error. 

• Love 4

Speaking of parking peeves, my apartment complex ownership has decreed that all residents' vehicles must have a "parking pass" that we have to pick up from the office during "normal business hours". Guests will have to have a pass that maxes out at five days. I wonder how a guest is supposed to get a pass if they arrive after "normal business hours"? They are giving us until March 1 to get the passes and are then towing non-passed cars after that.

Here's the thing: they know how many vehicles each apartment has because we have to list them on the lease. They could easily give each apartment the number of passes they need instead of making people try to get to the office when they are open, which are limited hours.

I'm pretty sure I know why they are doing this. There's one car that appears to be abandoned or at least undrivable across the lot in front of our building. Its tires are all flat. So instead of having that and similar cars towed after, say, one warning, we're all being "punished".

They are also "offering" "preferred parking" at $25 per month. There's no covered parking nor garages, and there's plenty of parking to go around, so this is just a blatant cash grab. And are they going to use that money to restripe our lot that has completed faded stripes? They're literally gone. I'm betting very few, if any, people buy preferred parking. No one living here has money to throw away on a preferred space. Except apparently for the person who owns an undrivable car.

5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

3 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I never even thought of backing into a driveway.  I was only referring To parking spots.  

But there is no possible way I could back into our driveway or garage. Two large cars in an average two car garage is hard enough just pulling in forward. No room for error. 

Speaking for my garage, backing in vs. pulling in is a decision based purely on the space available.  If I backed in, my heat pump would prevent me from opening the driver side door.  So, decision made for me.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

I don’t know what appropriate Everything Else TV thread this fits in, but people that make wild assumptions about those who don’t like certain characters on shows, especially if it’s one of the characters that’s a darling of the fanbase. 

I was just on a subreddit for one of my favorite shows, and someone said that maybe people don’t like one of the popular female characters because she doesn’t fit the nurturing and ultra-feminine definition of a woman, or because they see their own flaws reflected in that character. I have also seen people who don’t like her referred to as “self righteous hypocrites who need to examine their lives.” And it really just rubs me the wrong way. I’m actually a woman too and I have enjoyed characters who aren’t “ultra feminine”, so I don’t see why not liking a character means I need to examine my life. Is it because I don’t fit the echo chamber? And is it really appropriate to make assumptions about real people’s lives because they like someone who doesn’t exist? I don’t know. It bothers me so much I may just unsubscribe.

Guarantee you if you reversed the roles and started making assumptions about the lives of people who liked the character that those people would be raging and claim they were being told who to like. But it’s OK when they do it. 

That's so rude, geez! And over a fictional character? lol One thing I've noticed is that oftentimes people who jump to think everything is sexist or due to internalized misogyny in some way can be some of the most hateful towards women. And this has been my experience with both men and women who do it. It's like "I love and support women so much, I will jump down the throat of anyone who has anything unflattering to say about a woman, concluding fictional ones!" 

Which reminds me, I've really learned to not go by labels. I've vented on here before about a woman I used to work with who was a self-proclaimed man's woman and really did say a lot of misogynistic stuff. (I've listed that as a pet peeve in the past.) But she was ultimately much kinder to me than the biggest "feminist" at work who was outraged about me getting a promotion and tried to stab me in the back. She spoke out against racism a lot too. She even said she'd delete family members off of Facebook if she thought they supported people she found racist. But she harassed a black woman I was friends with and made up incredibly damaging lies about her. Actions speak louder than words. 

I'd go into some of the bs men try to get away with under the guise of equality and feminism, but I don't have the energy right now. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

Reddit is a misogynist cesspool most of the. I stick to gardening, cooking, dollhouses and DIY subs mainly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 2/12/2022 at 7:43 PM, ginger90 said:

LOL, I started backing into my work parking spot after I had to have my 13 year old Maxima jumped by AAA. I miss that car. 

On 2/12/2022 at 6:22 PM, DrSpaceman73 said:

I am referring to regular cars/ suvs, there is no advantage backing in vs pulling in. Especially with back up cameras now. 

Other bigger trucks and firetruck, sure, you eliminate problems backing out onto the road. 

My new vehicle is a large pick up, I love the back up camera with it's yellow bars to show me where my backend is headed. I have a hard time with spatial recognition so using mirrors does not work for me. 

On 2/13/2022 at 8:57 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I back into my driveway as well, the back up camera in my truck is good for backing into a space but we have dog walkers and small children riding bikes all through our neighborhood and it makes me nervous to back into the road. This way I'm going straight and can see in front and both sides of the vehicle. Less stress for me. 

• Love 6

I’m jealous of everyone who can confidently back into a parking space or garage. I can do it, but I would be the person taking several tries to do it, annoying everyone else. I’m also jealous of everyone with backup cameras. I have a 2010 Subaru Outback, so before backup cameras became standard, and since my car only has 55,000 miles on it, I’m not replacing it any time soon. I have new car envy for sure.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Reddit is a misogynist cesspool most of the. I stick to gardening, cooking, dollhouses and DIY subs mainly.

I do agree. But similar to what @RealHousewife mentioned, it was other female posters making assumptions about why other women don’t like this character. I did laugh in a way because I love Olivia Benson and she’s not exactly who I think of when I think “ultra feminine” or “girly girl.” 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I’m jealous of everyone who can confidently back into a parking space or garage. I can do it, but I would be the person taking several tries to do it, annoying everyone else. I’m also jealous of everyone with backup cameras. I have a 2010 Subaru Outback, so before backup cameras became standard, and since my car only has 55,000 miles on it, I’m not replacing it any time soon. I have new car envy for sure.

I always try to back into my spot in the winter before it's going to be icy.  I feel I should charge my neighbors for the entertainment.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 2/12/2022 at 5:22 PM, DrSpaceman73 said:

Other bigger trucks and firetruck, sure, you eliminate problems backing out onto the road. 

It is annoying waiting for people who do not have the necessary skill to back in in one try.  I'm always having to wait for someone driving a gargantuan vehicle to inch back and forth to fit into a parking spot. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

A few years after we moved to Maine, a couple of girlfriends and I went down to Camden for dinner. I was driving my late, lamented Dodge Grand Caravan (as long as a city block and with an interior the size of Radio City Music Hall). We found a space around the corner from the restaurant, and I slid in. Both of their jaws were hanging open. I said, "What?" And they said, "You did that in one try!" Well, jeez, I've been parallel-parking my whole life. It's not a skill you need to develop up here. So now I know how to show off if I need to.  🚙

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Wireless-Backup-Camera-HD-WIFI-Rear-View-Car-Vehicles-WiFi-Night-Vision

Knee jerk link share, just to show that it may be a relatively simple add.  Perhaps there is a vehicle upfitter in your area you could consult with.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Useful 3
6 hours ago, Suzn said:

It is annoying waiting for people who do not have the necessary skill to back in in one try.  I'm always having to wait for someone driving a gargantuan vehicle to inch back and forth to fit into a parking spot. 

My pet peeve is people doing this when arriving at football games.  They all drive enormous pickups that I'd need a pogo stick to get in.  And even though there's people walking around, throwing footballs, cooking over open flames, playing cornhole, and kids darting about, every last one of these guys has to back in.  Usually takes them three or four tries.  We've taken to raising our alcoholic beverages in salute to anyone who just drives into the spots.  No ice, snow, or steep incline excuses.  And, usually not nearly as many people around when you leave.

I'm in awe of how many of you have garages empty enough to park in!  Mine is still full of crap from cleaning out my mother's place.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, meep.meep said:

My pet peeve is people doing this when arriving at football games.

Backing in at a sporting event with a bunch of people around is a heck of a lot safer than trying to back out after the game, regardless of vehicle type.

People are more alert when someone is backing in, not so much when that car you are walking next to is backing out. Also: I can't tell you how many times my little Mazda 3 was parked between to larger vehicles, making it impossible to see what was behind those cars. I will pull forward if I have the option, otherwise it's back in all day, every day at sporting events and concerts. Even now in my Crosstrek with a back-up camera.

Edited by theredhead77
  • Love 3

People who don't clear/sand their sidewalk all winter. We had a thaw last week that is now frozen again, making sidewalks utterly icy, partially completely smooth and partially uneven. I'm not yet at the age where I need to worry about falling and breaking a hip but that doesn't mean I like to walk to work under these conditions. Or fall on my back and break the laptop in my backpack.

I walk along a residential street that has very expensive houses, so I know these people have money enough to spend on someone to clear it all if they're too lazy to do it. My city tries to make people use the car less but if sidewalk clearing isn't enforced, even I start to think it may be safer to take the car, spend a ridiculous amount of money on parking for a trip that takes 5 minutes. Never even mind the toll on my mental and physical health when I don't walk the half hour each way every day.

I'm seriously considering making shaming signs to stick on their front lawns. 

• Love 3

I live in an area where sidewalks are supposed to be cleared within 24 hours of a snow ending. Keeping them up after doesn’t seem to be an ordinance. Maintaining them should be, IMO.

Yet tickets are given if trash cans are left out the day after pickup. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Sidewalk clearing is a perennial topic in the snowy part of the calndar here.  A few years back, the then mayor enacted an ordinance which was largly ignored, and protested by many, with the reasoning that there were folks who could not physically perform the task nor pay to have it done, and the mandate disappeared.  It is extrmely frustrating.  When I walked to school (gasp!) as a youth, there was rarley an issue with sidwalks.  Homowners cleared them.  Now, the city doesn't even take care of the publically owned proprties.

Coming soon - endless debates about proprties not being mowed.

R.I.P. personal responsibility/accountability.

• Love 4

Oyyyy, ongoing peeve — stupid Optimum! All of a sudden, we have a time limit on the live TV pause function! It’s now 15 minutes until it will jump up to live time. But here’s the peeviest part: if you use only some of that 15, it still does it! On top of that, the voiceover lady in its commercials drives me nuts. Jerks.

@SuprSuprElevated I hear you! The same discussion is going on in the neighborhood app and I'm just shaking my head. The ordinance here is the homeowner is responsible to keep the sidewalk in front of their home cleared. The town does have a sidewalk plow but, IMO, it doesn't do that great of job and it's obviously very busy so it takes a while to get to all the streets. There are people whining about having to keep the sidewalk clear in front of their home because THEY PAY TAXES!!! And then there's the parents who are upset that their child is having to walk on the snow/ice covered sidewalks. Sheesh. 

#1, we have had exactly 2 major snow storms this year that dumped significant amounts that you'd have to shovel/snow blow. Kwityerbitchin!

#2, When I was a kid walking to school we would take a short cut through field in knee deep snow. Kwityerbitchin!  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Oyyyy, ongoing peeve — stupid Optimum! All of a sudden, we have a time limit on the live TV pause function! It’s now 15 minutes until it will jump up to live time. But here’s the peeviest part: if you use only some of that 15, it still does it! On top of that, the voiceover lady in its commercials drives me nuts. Jerks.

I hate Optimum.  But we haven't had that problem.  We have their DVR function, so it allows a longer pause.  Do you have DVR?  Always record everything just in case. 

Yeah, we have the all-room-playback DVRs. I was able to finally fix it by rebooting it a few more times today. I’m sure it will happen again. And judging by Optimum’s Facebook page, we are not the only ones who hate it. Oh, and it also increases your bill the longer you’re a customer; apparently my “discount” has expired after 20 years, which I learned when I called to ask why my bill is suddenly $300 per month! (I mean, unless they only do this to people who live in places with no other options?)

Edited by TattleTeeny