Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 01/12/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Whoopie said in an interview that she'd be back stronger than ever.

Dear Whoopie,

Glad you're better.

Please know that it's ok to relax and tone it down.

Sincerely,

One who hopes to stay a View fan

Edited by Isisnin
  • Love 7

Because of Mario playing Anthony on my beloved Sex and the City I have unconditional love for him.  The episodes where he is Charlotte's wedding planner are some of my favourites and I still die laughing when I watch.  I've also always been happy to find him on my screen when I tune into The View; most especially back when Joy was still around as the 2 of them worked well together and got each other.  And P.S.  I still miss Joy.  :(  The show really isn't the same without her.  The end.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 18

Mike Huckabee criticizes the Obama for letting their kids listen to Beyonce....... didnt he have a son that tortured and murdered animals??

Does he really want to be the voice of moral child rearing?? How about cleaning up your own home before criticizing others because of your politics.

I hadn't heard this story before, so I checked Snopes and now I'm sorry I did. Ugh. "It was mangy. It looked like it was going to attack." So basically, the George Zimmerman defense with a twist.

http://snopes.com/politics/politicians/huckabeedog.asp

When did underage kids living in the White House become fair game anyway? Someone on the far right (just a wild guess, lol) is working overtime to paint the Obama girls as a pair of ghetto tarts raising themselves and it is so not cool. As I missed the show again, I'm hoping the panel gave Huckabee's statements all the respect they deserved: NONE.

Edited by Milk-Eyed Mender
  • Love 15

For the record, Naya said she showers once a day.

I beg to differ with you, she made reference to an average of every other day depending on what she was doing.............. And she apparently got what she wanted as her fellow fame ho Sherri does, mentioned numerous times on posts for what she said, whether there was truth to her statement <s> or not...

Edited by dumbdownus
  • Love 2

Mike Huckabee started out as a seemingly reasonable guy in the 2008 primaries, but he morphed into a FauxSnooze right wing hate radio pontificator - the best was his remarks about a year ago about American women being dependent on Uncle Sugar for their monthly birth control prescriptions.  Run Huckster, Run!  Just for the pure entertainment factor!

Haven't watched yet, will check back in later.

• Love 10

I missed the very beginning, then left the room after hot topics leaving it on as background noise, so didn't catch the Donny Osmond intro.  In fact, didn't know he was on and only went in to see who was singing.  Did they interview him?

Rosie's response to someone writing "why are you such a bitch?" - "If by 'bitch' you mean Brave, Interesting, Tough, Charitable and  Honest . . . "

Love SabiRo.  RO doesn't care for booking so many guests on the show either. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 1

I missed the very beginning, then left the room after hot topics leaving it on as background noise, so didn't catch the Donny Osmond intro.  In fact, didn't know he was on and only went in to see who was singing.  Did they interview him?

Yes, Rosie & Mario interviewed him & he sang a couple of his oldies.

It's weird watching this episode, because I always viewed Samantha Ponder as being anti-gay. Maybe she is or never was.

I've been following her on Twitter for years and she'd tweet out in defense of the Duck Dynasty guy's anti-gay comments (not explicitly but obliquely) and she took delight in gay football player Michael Sam being exposed for having reality TV plans.

She also is an alum of Liberty University, the university founded by Jerry Falwell.

So watching her in the middle of all this gay conversation was, well, interesting.

• Love 4

Gosh, I hope Donny cuts out the plastic surgery effective YESTERDAY!

The guy has had one + too many procedures.

The difference between his neck and face is extremely distracting.

You don't need to look 16 buddy, rely on your talent and likeability - you'll be fine.

• Love 9

I remember Star Jones used to shower like 3 times a day, mostly due to her weight I'm sure, but that's an example of a black person over doing it.  Mostly, I think most people are a little too sensitive about racial differences, I mean different cultures have different habits.  I'm white and shower like twice a day, mostly because I do it once at the gym and once at home.  Definitely hurts my skin though during Ohios subzero winters.  Overall, I'd say whats the harm.  Definitely bad to over due shampooing though, no matter what doctor you talk to.

I can't believe i remember this, but back when the show was Meredith, Star, Joy, and Lisa, they discussed showering. Star did say she showered at least twice a day, but it was Meredith who said that she showered only once every other day or less.

• Love 3

Oh, I think I remember that too, Athena!  I think it came from a discussion they had about how little Meredith bathed her children.  The hosts seemed shocked, there was a big brouhaha over it and the next day, or some later date, BW asked the audience for a show of hands or applause and asked, "who thinks Meredith should bathe her kids more often?, and how many think this is acceptable?".  Ah, the good old days - that was a panel able to make anything fun.  But I thought George Lopez was so funny today when he said something like "I shower every day, to smell white".  LOL.

• Love 8

Mike Huckabee criticizes the Obama for letting their kids listen to Beyonce....... didnt he have a son that tortured and murdered animals??

Does he really want to be the voice of moral child rearing?? How about cleaning up your own home before criticizing others because of your politics.

Huckabee is the guy who got up on stage and jammed with Ted Nugent, a tea party favourite.  Nugent is vile and crazy and has called President Obama a subhuman mongrel and has threatened to assassinate him, yet he is still invited to all sorts of Republican events and fund raisers. http://www.politicususa.com/2014/10/14/nra-board-member-ted-nugent-calls-assassination-president-obama.html One obvious difference between Nugent and Beyonce is the colour of their skin.

I didn't watch the show today but did Nicolle have the guts to call Huckabee out for the wingnut loonie that he is?  Or is he ok because he's a Republican?

• Love 8

So Huckelbee's son was a role model at a Boy Scout Càmp? And he talks about the WH daughters and Beyonce? And Nicolle can't comprehend that kind of cruèl behavior or chooses to ignore it?

I would shower a lot as well if I were Nicolle.

• Love 6

Never heard of Sam Ponder before . She seemed likable and and has a kind of "natural beauty" as opposed to the heavily made up beauty of the shower lady. Anyway, my ears perked up when George Lopez was on and she mentioned she is from Phoenix went to Central High School and her Mom substitutes at Carl Hayden High which is where the robotics team George's movie is about went. Central High is in my old high schools district so we lived in the same area...small world. Anyway, I looked her up and, as already mentioned on here, she went to liberty University (Jerry Falwell) and I suspect is deeply religious and conservative. She will co host again next week and has been on before. Wonder if she is being auditioned as a cohost? I am worried that she may be a less shrill version of Elizabeth Hasselbeck.......ugh!

Gosh, I hope Donny cuts out the plastic surgery effective YESTERDAY!

The guy has had one + too many procedures.

The difference between his neck and face is extremely distracting.

You don't need to look 16 buddy, rely on your talent and likeability - you'll be fine.

Clearly, like brother like sister. Marie's face looks very overdone and weird.

• Love 5

Thanks for posting the link to the Donny interview. David Cassidy was my fav growing up, but I liked Donny too.  He looks good, but as someone else mentioned, there is a visual difference between his face and neck.  I'm sure it's worse for women, but I imagine there's pressure for men to look young too. 

• Love 1

Never heard of Sam Ponder before . She seemed likable and and has a kind of "natural beauty" as opposed to the heavily made up beauty of the shower lady. Anyway, my ears perked up when George Lopez was on and she mentioned she is from Phoenix went to Central High School and her Mom substitutes at Carl Hayden High which is where the robotics team George's movie is about went. Central High is in my old high schools district so we lived in the same area...small world. Anyway, I looked her up and, as already mentioned on here, she went to liberty University (Jerry Falwell) and I suspect is deeply religious and conservative. She will co host again next week and has been on before. Wonder if she is being auditioned as a cohost? I am worried that she may be a less shrill version of Elizabeth Hasselbeck.......ugh!

Clearly, like brother like sister. Marie's face looks very overdone and weird.

She was on QVC all week shilling NutriSystem and her face can't move, and her lips are blown way the fuck up. All those kids they have between them and none of them tell Mom and Dad what freaks they look like?  Jeez, if my mom came out looking like Marie, all of us would be rolling on the floor hysterical.

• Love 6

Rosie O just denied that Rosie P is leaving, interesting. We will have to wait and see.

What is she gonna say, "Rosie P is leaving"?

If they really wanted Rosie P to still be connected to this show, they would have video feed with her. Really, she could spend 3 minutes with them live on the air to "check in".

I say it hasn't happened for a reason.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 1

Nicolle doesn't know about photoshopping? Sometimes I think she puts on this innocent facade about social media, current events, technology, but I don't know why she does it. Is she too busy with her three year old to pay attention to these things? I'm sorry, I just find her phony.

• Love 8

Nicolle doesn't know about photoshopping? Sometimes I think she puts on this innocent facade about social media, current events, technology, but I don't know why she does it.

I find it phony also but I don't know the upside of doing it. On the other hand, she did freak out and leave twitter because of a question about hair spray.

I am also over the whole OMG you're a celebrity bit. At first it was cute and seemed genuine. Today she didn't let Amanda Peet finish a sentence without jumping in with more celeb worship.

• Love 6

WRT Nicolle's explanation of what "conflating" means, ironic that the term is used in the press primarily when referring to the Cheney/Bush duplicitous rationale for getting us into the war with Iraq - conflating the 9/11 attackers with Saddam Hussein and Iraq.

Mario had to be reined in today when he went off on the Kathy Bates/ Sarah Palin comparison. Way too obscure. Thank goodness RO was there to gently handle things. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 3

Nicolle doesn't know about photoshopping? Sometimes I think she puts on this innocent facade about social media, current events, technology, but I don't know why she does it. Is she too busy with her three year old to pay attention to these things? I'm sorry, I just find her phony.

That reminds me of when Regis was still on Live, Kelly Ripa would say she was computer free and all that nonsense. 

find it phony also but I don't know the upside of doing it.

Maybe she thinks she is appealing to Sarah Palin's "real America".  LOL

• Love 4

I thought it was so sweet of Rosie to climb up the stairs to help the dog get going.  I also thought it was interesting that Nicolle didn't appear in that segment with the shelter dog.  That might have helped appease some of the people that are unhappy with her for not adopting a shelter dog.  She opened that can of worms herself by pointing out that she bought a dog instead of adopting one, so  she could have at least shown some good will by appearing with the shelter dog.  I guess maybe TPTB chose which segments they're in and she didn't have any choice.  

I like Mario.  I think he's smart and funny.  He does get carried away sometimes, but he usually makes me laugh.

• Love 3

Oh yeah! Way back in 96 he made a fat joke about her when he was on her show. 

And then he came on to apologize, and wore  a puppy costume and singing "Puppy Love".   Ha!  I don't remember any of that but I really enjoyed this clip on youtube.com   These two go back 20 years. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

I'm sure it's worse for women, but I imagine there's pressure for men to look young too. 

Celebrities/ Personalities- yes-  but men on the street or on online dating sites- not so much!

Men generally look a lot older than women of the same age!

BTW- I encourage my clients (with mental health issues) to shower daily- especially if they have an appointment with me (my job is to help them find employment) I say that a good sense of humor and a bad sense of smell is a requirement in my role.

Edited by springtime
  • Love 5

So do you think the producer told the other co-hosts to move the conversation past the discussion of the movie American Sniper?  I kept waiting for Rosie O to bring up the fact that the book has some controversy behind some of the facts, now that is hard to dispute since the author is dead.  It was such an abrupt moving on to another Oscar nominee that Nicole looked kinda taken aback since she wasn't ready to move on it seemed.

I was shocked they even discussed the rumors of Rosie P quitting the show.  I agree w/other posters upthread, we have been told time and time again that so and so is not quitting or being fired, just to save face until the end of the season when they co-host/s are actually cut loose.

I have this dread that they will end up bringing Sherri back as a guest co-host eventually just to stir up the pot since Rosie O has issues w/her right to extreme stupidity.

Other than the faux shower-gate scandal this week has been (yawn) boring.

• Love 4

Nicolle was annoying me during the American Sniper discussion because of the way she kept using the term "The American Soldier."   She sounded just like Bitsy to me.  Bitsy with a better voice and better hair, but I still felt like I was having a flashback.

Did they ever mention why Kelly wasn't on today?

• Love 6

Nicolle was annoying me during the American Sniper discussion because of the way she kept using the term "The American Soldier."   She sounded just like Bitsy to me.  Bitsy with a better voice and better hair, but I still felt like I was having a flashback.

Nicholle seemed very genuine, but having already witnessed a tirade on this topic by Sarah Palin, I question it.  I feel it's spurred on by the fact that Clint Eastwood was the director.  So the story goes that Liberal Hollywood hates America and it's soldiers, as well as poor old Clint, therefore the movie isn't appropriately respected.

And I'm so tired of Nicholle playing the victim regarding Sarah Palin.  In my opinion, We are the victim.  America is the victim.  And I want an apology Nicholle!

• Love 15

I mean what movie doesn't show how awful the Iraq wars and Afghanistan wars have been.  All the ones I have seen have been pretty realistic about what a fuck up all around they have been and the tolls they have taken on the soldiers.

And I thought it was funny when Rosie compared to sexuality as not always something you know right away like that you have blue eyes, because I'm one of those people who never knows if his eyes are blue or green.  I think that's pretty common, that blue eyes can look very green depending on what a person is wearing, so maybe not the best analogy, but I completely agree with the idea that sexuality is a spectrum.  That's why I was so confused for so long about my own.

• Love 7

I just have to say, if they hire Kelly Osbourne as a permanent, I will be seriously tested not to give up the show. I can't stand any of those godawful Osbournes outside Ozzy, and Kelly is the absolute worst of them, assuming she's some kind of expert on dancing or fashion just because she was cast on TV shows with the words in their titles.

• Love 9

Overall, I'd say whats the harm.

IIRC dermatologists say that showering daily can be bad for your skin. 

That, plus it's bad for the environment having to transport that water and heat it and then just flush it all down the drain to a sewage treatment plant. American society is a huge waster of valuable resources, the worst in the world.

And I'm so tired of Nicholle playing the victim regarding Sarah Palin.  In my opinion, We are the victim.  America is the victim.  And I want an apology Nicholle!

Amen. As I said in another thread, I might have some respect for Nicolle if she had had the ethics to stand up and tell the world what an idiot Palin was/is instead of working very hard to get her elected into the White House. Nicolle of all people knew what a plague she was infesting onto the country but Nicolle looked after herself first and foremost.

• Love 10

Mario had to be reined in today when he went off on the Kathy Bates/ Sarah Palin comparison. Way too obscure. Thank goodness RO was there to gently handle things. 

Mario is loud and obnoxious and he tries to dominate the show.  If Mario was hired, I would have to stop watching.  

• Love 4