Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Where Chris Hardwick Got His Groove Back

• Start Topic

I want Yvette as a permanent guest. Or Co-Host. And while I'm making requests, if it's going to be Darryl and Carol next week, I want Glenn and Rick there too. Original four deserve a show together since they're all still currently alive (for a very long time, because I will be crushed if any of them die).

• Love 12

Okay, Hardwick said Reedus, McBride, and a surprise guest next week. I thought last week he said someone else with Reedus (like another writer/producer type). Maybe Darryl and Carol are in the clear for next week and the surprise is the guest whose blood is spilled?

• Love 4

Okay, Hardwick said Reedus, McBride, and a surprise guest next week. I thought last week he said someone else with Reedus (like another writer/producer type).

I think Gimple maybe?

• Love 1

Carol is my queen. I bow down to you, Scarol. Don't ever die.

Rick, take a seat.  Let Carol handle Pete.

ETA:  So it's Melissa, Norman, Gimple, and a "surprise guest."  Glenn was crying pretty hard in the promo, maybe it's Maggie that snuffs it and (comics):

Carol ends up as the leader of Hilltop

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 3

Chandler has Gale Anne Hurd's hairstyle.

Thanks for pointing this out.  Carl's weird hat hair on the show being a dead ringer for Gale Anne Hurd's hairdo has had me giggling for an hour.

• Love 3

Maybe Alanna Masterson.  Carol or Rick kill Pete and Tara takes a turn for the worse and dies from her injuries because Drunken Pete is dead.  Glenn would cry over her.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 4

Maybe Alanna Masterson.  Carol or Rick kill Pete and Tara takes a turn for the worse and dies from her injuries because Drunken Pete is dead.  Glenn would cry over her.

OR Tara succumbs to her injuries, turns, and eats a too-drunk-to-take-precautions Pete!

• Love 15

Chandler Riggs needs to be on TD a lot more.  Very surprised by how articulate and mature he was.  (and thank you, Hardwick, for keeping the 'immaturity' somewhat in check)

AL: "Chandler basically looked like an Ewok for the first couple of seasons".   lol.   Add that to all the OT Star Wars talk we started the pre-air and live chat with for Try, and it makes it even more hilarious.

• Love 9

I"m really hating this show. Finally Yvette with her notes is back on, but there's constant pandering to the facebook and internet crowds with Chris running off their names and stupid comments and questions. Then we have 3 or 4 user polls and member of audience questions. What a waste. 

• Love 6

I was seriously pissed that YNB was sidelined.  I know she had more points to make, and the questions went elsewhere.  I get it was Miss Chanadlar Riggs first appearance, but YNB was right about the Rick/Jesse stuff being rushed.  And she was shut down by Hardwick.  He transitioned from host to shill in that moment.

• Love 5

Best promo ever. Not vague at all.

It was such a good promo that it makes me laugh all over again at the memory of the ones from the last half of the last season of Breaking Bad. They were amazingly vague and often so banal.

So we know blood other than walker blood will be spilled, and a third surprise cast-member...I'm going with Morgan as the guest, but he won't be killed.

• Love 3

So happy to see Chandler Riggs on the show tonight! He seems like a sweet down-to-earth kid growing into a thoughtful articulate young man. I really liked Andrew LIncoln's affectionate words about him (Ewok, hehe!), and I went "awww" too when Chandler said he got emotionally attached to the babies and how sad it is when they leave! He did such a great job answering all of the questions directed to him.

I went from wishing Carl would just die already in Season 2 (annoying little Ewok that he was, heh!), to really growing to like his character very much over the past couple of seasons. I would be very upset if they got rid of him now!

I look forward to the next time Chandler is on TTD, and I hope Jimmy Fallon is listening and gets Chandler on his show too!

• Love 4

LOVE Chandler saying he gets sad when the babies leave. He's a sweetheart!

I loved that, too.

I love Yvette. It would be nice to see her on more often.

I don't want to see any more of our main cast members die. I don't tune in for shocking deaths - they almost lost me with Hershel's death, and the baby not being in her little chair. 

• Love 4

I was seriously pissed that YNB was sidelined.  I know she had more points to make, and the questions went elsewhere.  I get it was Miss Chanadlar Riggs first appearance, but YNB was right about the Rick/Jesse stuff being rushed.  And she was shut down by Hardwick.  He transitioned from host to shill in that moment.

He's always been a shill. It's just that most of the time he and YNB have been in agreement. He was doing her a favor, in a way, because I don't think any of the season 2 guests who criticized the writing have ever been allowed back.

(I agree with her about Jessie and Rick, but I think TPTB may not love hearing criticism on the couch)

I don't know if Glenn would be in that level of emotion, unless it was all pent up of course. Maybe he's crying because Deanna tells him he killed her son and Noah and it's all on his shoulders.

• Love 2

It was such a good promo that it makes me laugh all over again at the memory of the ones from the last half of the last season of Breaking Bad. They were amazingly vague and often so banal.

So we know blood other than walker blood will be spilled, and a third surprise cast-member...I'm going with Morgan as the guest, but he won't be killed.

From your mouth to TPTB's ears.

• Love 4

He's always been a shill. It's just that most of the time he and YNB have been in agreement. He was doing her a favor, in a way, because I don't think any of the season 2 guests who criticized the writing have ever been allowed back.

(I agree with her about Jessie and Rick, but I think TPTB may not love hearing criticism on the couch)

I don't know if Glenn would be in that level of emotion, unless it was all pent up of course. Maybe he's crying because Deanna tells him he killed her son and Noah and it's all on his shoulders.

I totally agree with you and it's too bad (too bad as in too bad that the writers are reluctant to hear constructive criticism, not too bad that I agree with you). TPTB should listen to people like YNB -- she's the consummate smart superfan. Not to mention she's right; Rick IS attempting to rapidly assemble a post-ZA nuclear family unit and it doesn't jibe with his character at all. Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 6
I love Yvette. It would be nice to see her on more often.

Honestly, I think she should be on every week. She is the perfect fan - she's insightful and funny at times, but not over the top. And she takes notes! That's my kind of girl. 

I can get on board with those who think Lennie James might be the surprise. That would be a good one. 

• Love 6

Yikers! Darryl AND Carol are on next week??? I've got a bad feeling about this.

I had said in in spec but I want to be wrong!

I think Gimple maybe

Gimple wrote The Grove which was Carol's big episode.

• Love 1

LOVE Chandler saying he gets sad when the babies leave. He's a sweetheart!

I went "awww" too when Chandler said he got emotionally attached to the babies

I have a feeling he didn't get to spend much time if any with babies before this show.

912e874f46c0adfede0de43336db586a.jpg

• Love 4

When Yvette comes back I hope they retire the "she takes notes...look at her notes!" schtick, because whenever I see them I just remember that she took so many notes but couldn't even remember that the Tom Sawyer book shown during the big Caryl episode was likely a reference to Lizzie (Lizzie read the book and mentioned it more than once).

• Love 2

I did laugh when she started talking about how Rick was "enunciating" with the gun. That was a hilarious way of putting it. 

I'm so relieved that they had new Andrew Lincoln footage because I got to see if my horror at what Rick has become would affect my feelings about him. Thankfully, it didn't - he still seems like an adorable guy.

I know I've said it a dozen times but I wish they would banish the polls. The one about Enid just made me think poorly of the audience, because every black man in one of those polls get a huge majority of distrust, and Enid gets about 30%.

• Love 2

I did laugh when she started talking about how Rick was "enunciating" with the gun. That was a hilarious way of putting it. 

It reminded me of Vincent Vega and that didn't go so well.

• Love 3

I love when YNB is on the show. She actually keeps the topic on the show. Most of the time her theories are the same ones that have I've seen mentioned on here. 

I wasn't a big fan of Carl/Chandler before, but he has grown into the role. I liked his insights into Carl and liked that he had some. And LOL at the tree scene being awkward. I'd imagine it would be for any child actor. 

Also can we keep getting the women EP's on the show. I like them better than Gimple and Nicatero. 

• Love 5

I mostly appreciated that she had an opinion about Rick and Jessie that was the most intelligent rebuttal possible of that relationship. I talk about how she says too much with shipping, but she put that aside to point out how unhealthy this relationship is and how it's all a big delusion. And it flies in the face of the haha nature of the show this season, but I'm glad someone said it, and that this wasn't one of those panels with a failed stand-up comedian who would go around the set doing pelvic thrusts to show us his opinion of "Jessick" or "Ressie" or whatever they are called. 

I was glad there was an attempt to have serious talk about Sasha too, as Hardwick just mentioning her wasting ammo came across as dismissive to me. If it was someone else, like Carol, I have a feeling he'd be going on and on about what a bad-ass she is. 

There's a very sneering, dismissive tone in many fans where only select characters are deemed worthy, and his job as a host should ideally be to not pander to that element.

• Love 5

Ready to duck the tomatoes, but I'm always left a little underwhelmed by YNB's appearances. I didn't watch TD in its first season, but read all about the Eighth Wonder of the TD World, and as a fan of Community, was greatly looking forward to seeing her. I don't mind people shipping one couple or another, and I do like her thoughtful theories (Sasha's clearing the woods, how Rick sees Jessie, etc.), but I feel like she knows that people see her as the ultimate superfan and therefore stand-in for "us." I feel this turns a little into pandering (ex. her mouth agape, directly mugging to the camera after the preview clip for next week). Don't get me wrong, she's far better than some guests, but not quite the sun and stars.

Chandler Riggs was terrific. Hope that kid continues to succeed in the industry without any tragic child actor shenanigans. Anyone know on what "project" he and GAH worked previously?

• Love 5