Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: 50 Shades Of Shade

• Start Topic

Oh and why was Demetria all "the D is on point" or whatever when talking about Roger? So classless and desperate. I make it a point of never talking about sex with current partners for gossip purposes.

If RB wasn't already hesitant to full on commit, that kind of behavior would seal the deal for me. 

Roger Bobb sounds like the Walton son that nobody bothered to say good night to.

HAHAHA! Or what JB Duggar would have named one of his many sons if they had gone with an "R" theme. 

• Love 6

If Nene wants to be an actress, then she might want to learn to speak proper English cause she once again said "want" instead of saying "wants". I mean there are roles where you can portray characters that skipped English class throughout your middle & high school years but damn Little Dutch Boy, let's use the right words.

• Love 9

Phaedra is one of the nation's top black attorneys? Fix it, Jesus. No really. Fix it. We are in a bad way if she's the top. Who was on the voting committee? Marion Barry?

Has anyone done any research on this event Phaedra attended? Was the award national, state, or for Atlanta? I know I heard someone, maybe the MC, say it was for black attourneys in his opening speech but Phaedra seems to imply it was more inclusive.

I'm not sure why Apollo is so concerned about Phaedra's gates when jail bars are in his future.

I suspect he is upset about losing access to the house after he's served his time.

Please no more sex parties and Kandi Koated Nights. 

I have to give Todd credit for making it look more professional than when it looked like a public access show recorded in someone's basement. I didn't think Kandi asking if Claudia gave Jamie Foxx head was appropriate. It seemed like an ambush question to me. I hope that show is longer than the five minutes we saw.

At first I thought it was one of Kenya's loud inappropriate outbursts until I rewound and heard her say "but this tea"

I had trouble deciding on whether that was an awkward moment laugh or her being mean. If she said that, yeah, it's the latter.

What I could find online about the award we saw in the episode:

The National Bar Association, and the country’s oldest organization of African-American lawyers and judges, announced, “Phaedra Parks receives Maynard Jackson Jr. Legacy Award. Congratulations for her service & commitment to legal work.”
Named after Atlanta’s first black lawyer and civil rights hero Maynard Jackson, Jr., the award is given to lawyers who  are “empowering the future and providing leadership of our communities as did the late Honorable Maynard H. Jackson Jr.”
  • Love 2

I think it started out as an awkward laugh, as someone had broken the silence and said, "Kenya, it's your turn" to get them back on track.  And Kenya was caught off guard and all, "Oh, we're not gonna discuss this anymore!"  Lol!  I wouldn't have wanted to go after that either!

• Love 3

Is Roger Bob(b)like Jim Bob Duggar? Two names supposed to be said together kinda like MaryAnn? Or is Bob(b) his last name?

If it is his last name, why does everyone use his full name every time they speak of him? Is it some sort of drinking game?

• Love 3

Really censors? So it's okay to show two dangling dildos on tv, as long as the tips of them are blurred? I don't get it.

Nene and her big fluorescent teeth are so immature. I have co-workers who I absolutely would not piss on if they were on fire, but because I was raised right and am an actual adult, I can nod and say hello to them. And to not speak to someone because they're friends with someone you don't like? How old are you? It takes more effort to not speak than to just be polite and say hello.

All I have to say about Demetria is that she should Fire her make up artist. That foundation makes her face look gray.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 13

I am waiting to hear/see/read about the other two roles NeNe's agent mentioned. For real, or for show?

I thought the same thing - what agent is going to turn down the "proven" role of Mama Morten for his client in favor of the Wicked Stepmother role in Cinderella.  And "go against TYPE" - dude, she wouldn't have to ACT!

• Love 4

Cynthia - Poor delusional Cynthia.  I just cannot believe she has no problem in financing another of PSmurf's whims again.  And to have him hollering "Write the CHECK" was just a testament on how much he loves her.

I should be surprised Cynthia didn't consult an expert of some sort about viability of their business in that neighborhood and broken-down building instead of making an impulse judgment, but I am not.

• Love 1

Why did Demetria feel the need to mention Roger Bobb by name; she, with the exception of maybe NeNe, was the only one who mentioned her man by name.

Because the producers told her to? That whole scene looked like a set up to me...

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 3

That gray dress was not flattering on Porsha.

It certainly was not. Especially the side-view.

Kandi's Bedroom Kandi party was as embarrassing in its lameness as the (no) video release party. Speaking of which...

What is Demetria's role in this show? Is she a friend of? Jr housewife with training wheels? I really don't know and wonder why I should care about some peachless chicks so-called relationship. What the hell is this episode where the major drama is between 2 people that have barely been introduced to the audience?

I don't care about Demetria and RickyBobby. Their drama isn't interesting enough to warrant a 15 minute segment of an hour-long program.

Edited by Lakewood27
  • Love 5

At first I thought it was one of Kenya's loud inappropriate outbursts until I rewound and heard her say "but this tea"

Oh my goodness!!! That is so funny. The thought that you put that quote from Kenya here, right now, has me cracking up laughing. I think at first everyone, including Kenya, were just mouth-hanging open flabbergasted, then the idea of it all airing out right there, at that inappropriate time, by a smurf with hideous blue hair, was just overwhelming. Kenya couldn't help but to laugh out loud. More than her throwing shade, it was more of a WHAT THE HELL just happened moment!.

• Love 9

I looked Roger Bobb up on IMDB. Long list of credits as a producer, born in London, etc. And yes, that's his first and last name. I guess he's not up to the Madonna or Cher status yet of just using his first name and people will know who he is. :)

• Love 1

Roger Bobb sounds like the first part of some one calling in an airstrike. "Roger.Bobb.Ready.Mark.Two"

I keep thinking that there's some other competing sponge living in Bikini Bottom. Like SpongeBob's ne'er do well cousin that he maybe doesn't want to talk about.

There is only one Roger in my book and that's Roger Troutman. And he's busy giving the angels more to the ounce. I don't watch Tyler Perry shows, so I've never heard of B. Roger B., nor Demetria.

• Love 4

Oh and why was Demetria all "the D is on point" or whatever when talking about Roger? So classless and desperate. I make it a point of never talking about sex with current partners for gossip purposes.

I believe she said "exquisite." TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI  I already told yall I find him grossly unattractive, so this tidbit is just disgusting to hear.

I believe she said "exquisite." TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI  I already told yall I find him grossly unattractive, so this tidbit is just disgusting to hear.

• Love 2

Please explain this name to me: Gocha.

Go-Shay. Keep wanting to call her GoTcha. First encountered her on LaLa Anthony's show, because the relationship she is in is with LaLa Anthony's cousin, Dice (a woman)....which colored me surprised when she copped to having dated Roger JimBobb. For what its worth, she was just as obnoxious on LaLa's show as well. And phonetically, the spelling of her name irritates the entire fugg outta me. LOL! Like her Mom was tryna be faboolous (TM RHWOBH Kevin Lee) but failed miserably.

Edited by MichelEliz
  • Love 3

What the hell was the point of the random girl in her underwear on the table surrounded by food? Why? I've seen parties were the food was served on a nude or scantily clad woman but that girl was just randomly splayed there.

Nene and her big fluorescent teeth are so immature. I have co-workers who I absolutely would not piss on if they were on fire, but because I was raised right and am an actual adult, I can nod and say hello to them. And to not speak to someone because they're friends with someone you don't like? How old are you? It takes more effort to not speak than to just be polite and say hello.

In her own words, why be so nasty and so rude? Nene is killing me because she has done better than this. The best and smartest thing she ever did was flip the script on Phaedra when she tried to come for Nene via Marlo. Nene peeped the strategy and instead befriended Marlo taking the wind completely out of Phae's sails. Bloop! Sure it all went to shit in 2 seasons later but that was a well played move at the time. Nene knows the game by now. As loathe as I am to admit it, Nene is arguably the star of the show and lawd, does she know it. If she doesn't like the new girl, whether the reasons are valid or not, it isn't a good look to not at least adhere to standard society niceties, like saying hello. By her acting the way she is acting it is only giving this chick a storyline. This shit show act of Nene's is probably what resulted in Claudia getting a peach. It gives Claudia what ever HW seems to want and crave - someone to beef with.

All I have to say about Demetria is that she should Fire her make up artist. That foundation makes her face look gray.

Demetria was wearing MAC's new American Dad's Roger line foundation in Classic French Gray. 

roger.jpg

Someone murmured right after she said that that you don't go around telling other girls stuff like this. I think it was Kandi. Smart advice!!

Good lawd was the black room with the white seating and red accents ugly as sin. It looked like a low rent BDSM establishment. Kandi's taste level is just the worst!

• Love 12

Someone murmured right after she said that that you don't go around telling other girls stuff like this. I think it was Kandi. Smart advice!!

Ugh.  "Exquisite."  I'm getting grossed out all over again. That's an image that I don't need to have in my head.

And yes, why the hell would you tell a room of strangers that? You don't know those women. Some may want to see for themselves. What a foolish woman.

• Love 1

Roger Bobb Roger Bobb Roger Bobb -- I don't think I ever dated Roger Bobb but can't be sure.  Every single time Demetria mentions Roger Bobb and her "incognito" back alley love arrangement with Roger Bobb she looks sooooo miserable and hostile.  I guess the Roger Bobb D being exquisite and all don't mean she's going to be dragging it down the aisle.  And, just in cause I forget -- Roger Bobb!

Kandi's sex talk is enough to turn anyone off.  One thing I do like about Nene is that she has NO real time or patience for this kind of thing.

Poor Cynthia -- Likening MLK's "I have a dream" with whatever latest venture Peter has cooked up is just really so offensive and dumb. She's looking rough this season -- The seesaw thing between Nene and her was old and tired a few episodes ago.  

• Love 3

Roger Bobb sounds like the first part of some one calling in an airstrike. "Roger.Bobb.Ready.Mark.Two"

Yes, it really really does!  (I also end up flashing on Ranger Hal, who had a little kiddie show in this area back in the early 60s.)

Cranky ass Demetria was definitely not prepared for that incoming SCUD.  It's a nasty gal who puts that kind of stuff out there like that.  Blue Hair, that's just not nice.

• Love 2

Okay, educate the prissy middle aged lady.  "the D is on point" = ?  I mean, I know it was sexual, but what does it mean?  I'm askeered to google.

I continue to like Claudia (she was always my favorite briefcase girl!)  If somebody treats her wrong, she's going to make sure it's all caught on camera, and that the other person makes it better or doubles down and looks twice as bad.  That's a skill.  Kenya has it (see the makeup hug with Porsha at the KetchupChampagne restaurant), but usually ruins it by overkill.  So far Claudia's being careful.

NeNe was absolutely dismissive, but if it's true that Claudia was supposed to be "friend of" that makes a little more sense, because she didn't want to give the "friend of" any air time.  Maybe she was taking a page from the RHOBH playbook where Faye Resnick was supposed to be a new cast member but everybody looked at her like crap on their shoes and so she was always fighting her way into conversations that seemed to have nothing to do with her (and her ultimate role was cut, leaving audiences thinking the same).  

Except unfortunately, NeNe does NOT have the skill to know when somebody's playing her.  She's just rude to anybody who isn't of use to her at the present moment.  Claudia's a smart cookie - witty and willing to bide her time to show her claws.  Right now she's toying.

• Love 2

I took it to mean, kassa, that D stands for dick and that what Roger Bobb has to offer is exquisite.  It belongs, after all, to Roger Bobb.  It may not, however, belong to Demetria.  Roger Dick Bobb, Roger Bobb.  

Apollo all pissed because of the fence. He still doesn't get that he is going to be gone for eight freakin years! He needs to be worrying about whether his kids are going to know who in the hell he is after 8 years. 

I can't stand another TH with Cynthia's blue eyeshadow. 

Demetria must not be getting much of that exquisite D because that is one uptight, sour face bitch.

Peter telling Cynthia to get her checkbook ready. I am so done with that asshole. 

Whoever labeled the new women as "peachless chicks", love love it!

• Love 5
And yes, why the hell would you tell a room of strangers that? You don't know those women. Some may want to see for themselves. What a foolish woman.

Perhaps it's contractually obligated for Demetria to name her lover as being "Roger Bob" and explain (in a tone that didn't exactly suggest she was all that happy) that the "D is on point."  Reading this thread, apparently he's kind of a whore.  It could be a kind of...product placement, I guess.

One thing I forgot last night- I thought Todd wanted Kandi to elevate her brand and perhaps snag a White House invite.  I'd be curious to hear how building a nicer set for a sex-focused talk show helps get closer to either of those goals.  Shouldn't she at least be talking about sex at a higher level than "did you give Jamie Foxx head?"

• Love 6

Hi everyone,

I never, ever post but I had to create an account to share this foolishness from Dimitria. She's so delusional.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-7/blogs/demetria-mckinney/demetria-responds-to-the-rumors?cid=rhoa_blog

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't she say that she and Roger Rabbit were together during the time ol' girl said she was dating him? Now, she's back pedaling and p-poppin. (a Funky Dineva-ism.)  LOL.

• Love 3

And as for her being bi-racial.  If she never mentioned it, no one would ever know; she looks like a light skinned black woman to me; hey, I'm lighter than she is and both of my parents are black.  

Whether anyone thinks she looks biracial or not, it doesn't change her heritage.

Again, if Porsha & Claudia are working in the same place, and Porsha barely knows Claudia, then why is Porsha being extra stank & rude to Claudia? I don't think Claudia cares one way or the other if Kenya & Porsha hug it out, but if you're going to be rude to me in my workplace & potentially create a hostile work environment, I want to work it out or let it be known that I tried to work it out.

My theory is that Porsha and Claudia were cool because they work at the same place.  When filming RHoA begain, Claudia most likely did not tell Porsha that she was going to be on the show.  Porsha showed up to work one day, saw the RHoA cameras, found out that Claudia would be filming and felt blindsided, thus her attitude when Claudia went into her dressing room.  She probably also felt threatened.

Hi everyone,

I never, ever post but I had to create an account to share this foolishness from Dimitria. She's so delusional.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-7/blogs/demetria-mckinney/demetria-responds-to-the-rumors?cid=rhoa_blog

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't she say that she and Roger Rabbit were together during the time ol' girl said she was dating him? Now, she's back pedaling and p-poppin. (a Funky Dineva-ism.)  LOL.

Bravo set this situation up, but they did not tell Demetria to continue making herself look like a fool.  I hope that she is getting paid well because there is no way she comes out of this thing looking good.

• Love 2

The fact that she was so dismissive about any job offer on Broadway just shows her level of delusion.  Would love to find out how what happened with the other 2 and how she got stuck with Cinderella.

My guess is that Nene was only offered the wicked stepmother role and the other two were thrown in by her agent to make it look like Nene is in demand.  I agree with another poster that there is no way Nene or her agent would pass up the Chicago role.  This scene is reminiscent of the one where Nene claims to have turned down hundreds of roles including one on Scandal.  Yeah...riiight, except...NO!    

Yet when everyone showed up at Kandi's party, Nene was all "Heyy gurl" or "Hi" with Cynthia and Kenya but "Gurl bye" with Claudia.  How are you going to be "Hey gurl" with Cynthia and Kenya but "Gurl bye" with Claudia when you've only supposedly interacted with Claudia ONCE and "don't really know her?"

Nene did acknowledge Claudia.  She just didn't "Hey gurl" her because it's obvious she doesn't like her.  We are allowed to not like people, it's not breaking any law.  Sometimes people just rub you the wrong way.  Why be fake about it and act like you do like them?  Then you're being misleading.  It's not like she called Claudia the "b" word and spit on her.   We don't know, maybe the first time Claudia and Nene met, Claudia was dismissive of Nene.  It could be anything, but people are allowed to have their own feelings about another person. 

• Love 6

I feel like I just crawled out of a slime pit.

Between NeNe and her "You didn't really think that meeting was detente, did you?" attitude, and Kandi's show going even lower than ever, it was one tasteless night in hell.

NeNe didn't think the wicked stepmother role was her? Right. Check yourself out in the mirror, girl.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 4

Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing this Dani331 ! This is one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard a woman say about "the other woman". "A sock to keep his dick warm between breakups." And donovan is right, she should not be saying this lest she invites comparisons to herself!

The Kandi Koated Nights(?) party was... well...Kandi's typical tacky shtick.

I too am questioning why we are getting the most drama between the "peachless chicks"*? Have other HW shows done this? Are we jumping the shark here?

FWIW, I don't think it would've killed Nene to be a little bit more cordial to Claudia. Then again, being dismissive is kind of Nene's trademark, so I didn't expect anything less.

Still amused at Cynthia's comments regarding the new location for Bar One. She's a visual person, so she can see how good the place will eventually look. This totally makes sense. She can see the light at the end of tunnel ya'll. Not to mention her MLK Jr. "analogy".

*Brilliant phrase coined upthread by islandgal140

ETA: What did Claudia mean when she said, "[Porsha] and I have the same group of African friends. I was right next to her when she said she was going to get with one of them."? With the rumors going around about Porsha it didn't sound too good.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 1
Again, if Porsha & Claudia are working in the same place, and Porsha barely knows Claudia, then why is Porsha being extra stank & rude to Claudia? I don't think Claudia cares one way or the other if Kenya & Porsha hug it out, but if you're going to be rude to me in my workplace & potentially create a hostile work environment, I want to work it out or let it be known that I tried to work it out

.If Claudia didn't care about Kenya and Porsha's issues, then why call a sitdown to hash it out?  It was none of her business and she should not inserted herself in Porsha/Kenya's issues in the first place.  Claudia herself said Porsha speaks to her but does not act very friendly towards her (ie besties).  If Porsha barely knows Claudia, all Claudia needs to get is a "Hi"  Plus they do not actually work in the same place, Porsha's TV and Claudia's radio.  And once again it is Claudia's ties to Kenya that will make the others rather aloof

• Love 3

What the hell was the point of the random girl in her underwear on the table surrounded by food? Why? I've seen parties were the food was served on a nude or scantily clad woman but that girl was just randomly splayed there.

In her own words, why be so nasty and so rude? Nene is killing me because she has done better than this. The best and smartest thing she ever did was flip the script on Phaedra when she tried to come for Nene via Marlo. Nene peeped the strategy and instead befriended Marlo taking the wind completely out of Phae's sails. Bloop! Sure it all went to shit in 2 seasons later but that was a well played move at the time. Nene knows the game by now. As loathe as I am to admit it, Nene is arguably the star of the show and lawd, does she know it. If she doesn't like the new girl, whether the reasons are valid or not, it isn't a good look to not at least adhere to standard society niceties, like saying hello. By her acting the way she is acting it is only giving this chick a storyline. This shit show act of Nene's is probably what resulted in Claudia getting a peach. It gives Claudia what ever HW seems to want and crave - someone to beef with.

Demetria was wearing MAC's new American Dad's Roger line foundation in Classic French Gray. 

roger.jpg

Good lawd was the black room with the white seating and red accents ugly as sin. It looked like a low rent BDSM establishment. Kandi's taste level is just the worst!

Love American Dad Roger! Wasn't this pic from the episode where he was trying to get sexually harassed & his in-disguise last name was "VanderBooben"? Lol!

I, too thought the bra & panty clad centerpiece/woman was odd. I expected there to be food served on her so that she would at least have had a purpose there...

• Love 2

As usual, the following statements reflect my opinions only.

I loved seeing Phaedra receiving her award. Especially nice to see her mama there for support. It's always nice to be recognized in your field. I love seeing Phaedra's hustle and drive to support her family. I enjoy any scene showing the career success of the ladies. I think that its an important thing to show on a television series with the word "housewives" in it. There is nothing wrong with being a true "housewife", nor is there any shame in choosing to or needing to work. It's great to see different women being able to make all kinds of choices in how they live their lives.I admire the way  that Phaedra has handled her drama with Apollo in public. She is showing a lot of strength and dignity and doing right by her boys. This is the way to hold yourself in public, IMO. 

Todd is just too cute (minus the wife beater). He seems very respectful of Kandi (and her mother) and would make a great husband IMO.The woman laying on the table in her underwear was just odd. Sprawling out on a table of food in your drawers is just not sexy or sanitary to me- MMV. Points to Porsha for shaking the woman's hand and not treating her like an object to be ogled or ignored. Double points for Porsha telling her she looked cute. I love seeing women compliment each other and kill the "jealous" stereotype.

I don't understand Nene's brush off of Kenya. Literally I don't understand the point she was trying to make. They had just met up and cleared the air. I know they're not best friends or anything. But was her intention? To embarrass Kenya? To assert her Queen B status? I find Nene to be fun and extremely charismatic, and I could literally watch her read a phone book, but her behavior here was unimpressive and childish to me. Sure, not everyone is going to like everyone, but what's the harm in being kind? Nene's dismissal of Claudia brought back memories of  Vicki (OC) and how she reacts to newbies!

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 9