Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: 50 Shades Of Shade

• Start Topic

I think Kenya's laugh during the Demetria tea was more incredulous than anything.  I don't think she was reveling in someone else's pain, at least not any more than any of the other women there.

I think Kenya was not only reveling in someone else's pain, she was intent on making the pain even worse by laughing out loud at that pain.  She did the same damned thing to Chris William's wife Natalie by telling her that he didn't claim her as his wife, just like Gocha told Demetria that Roger Bobb didn't claim her as his girlfriend, but just his artist.  That kind of crap is right up Kenya Moore's alley. 

• Love 8

You know what would open Cynthia's eyes to Peter's shadyness...the investor guy Marcus from The Profit. Peter couldn't run that game on him. She's going to need Suze Orman before a divorce lawyer.

I love this show! I don't have a business but I learn so much from watching. It's the personalities that intrigue me...

• Love 1

I think Kenya was not only reveling in someone else's pain, she was intent on making the pain even worse by aughing out loud at that pain.  She did the same damned thing to Chris William's wife Natalie by telling her that he didn't claim her as his wife, just like Gocha told Demetria that Roger Bobb didn't claim her as his girlfriend, but just his artist.  That kind of crap is right up Kenya Moore's alley. 

At first I thought it was one of Kenya's loud inappropriate outbursts until I rewound and heard her say "but this tea"

• Love 2

If Kenya was laughing at Demetria, oh well. Demetria got all up in Kenya's grill, wagging her finger and rolling her neck, butthurt because Rogerbobb took a picture with Kenya (and Cynthia and Peter), pissed because Kenya didn't take out an announcement that she wasn't dating Rogerbobb.

So if you're coming for me because you think I want your little raggedy man, then yes I'm gonna get my LOL on when some other chick casually spills the Tazo about her dating your man. Hunni I'm not the one you need to watch out for. Apparently it's her...and her...and her...

• Love 13

OMG, these pathetic people, their pathetic parties and sad pretensions, their ill-fitting clothes, their sad make-up, relationships from hell (sons, mothers, husbands and etc.) and their blindness!

Oh, Nene, why do you want to be Jean Harlow or Marilyn Munroe?

Kandi, your TH look is scary ugly! And, take it from someone with experience, don't dis your man in public like that. Cynthia has it right, though that loser will walk in minute as soon as your ass is broke.

Kenya and Claudia, only along for the ride. Not "housewives," not really "Atlanta," don't give a shit.

Yes, Phaedra, you are a great lawyer. Thanks for covering up your cleavage when it counted. Oy...

• Love 3

Okay, I am still laughing at the irony of Apollo getting upset about the fence Phaedra is having built.  Why is he worried about something he isn't paying for and something he will probably never see?  He hopped up there like he was paying for it.  He knows his money goes toward strippers and cars.  Fences are not in his budget.

Is the new BarOne in the neighborhood where Dr. King lived?

Can we stop with the relationship parties?  A fashion show held at Kandi's store could have been a venue to embarrass Demetria in front of everyone and Nene could have ignored Claudia there too.

Kandi's sex schtick is boring and I thought her questions to Claudia were juvenile.

Oh, Nene, why do you want to be Jean Harlow or Marilyn Munroe?

I don't understand it.  She looked so much better with a darker hair color.  I also think she would look good with a natural style like Aunt Laurie.

The pink lipstick she was wearing in her THs was hideous.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 3

I'm guessing that NeNe's interview with the He-Man wig was shot after this season already started airing because of her dig at Cynthia's tag line ("Life is about choices and I choose....")

It's amazing how she has so many supporters and "followers" but her negativity is, as Kandi put it, killing the vibe. And her cast mates are supposedly the negative and unsupportive ones...

• Love 3

Why does Cynthia think that "investing" money in yet another of Peter's businesses will give her a voice when she gave him money for Uptown and he didn't even tell her when he closed it down?  Didn't she find out by Twitter?  She's the most delusional dodo bird on this show.  I've been reading how he was being sued for getting way behind on the rent for Bar One and The Bailey Agency which is probably why the owner was being foreclosed on.  I won't feel one bit of sympathy for Cynthia when she has to file bankrupt after Peter dumps her ass when Bravo finally gives her the heave ho.  smdh

Every time I hear the name Roger Bobb, it makes me think of Justin Bobby who was Audrina Patridge's boyfriend on the MTV show The Hills. lol

Edited by swankie
  • Love 8

If Cynthia and Peter break up, she can hand him over to Miss Smurf with the blue hair.

Nice... Lol

One of the reasons (well the only reason) I like Cynthia is because of her impeccable style. I still remember her looks during the African trip - flawless. Well, times have changed and now I have zero use for her. What was that floral pantsuit she was wearing? The blue eyeshadow? #fixitjesus indeed.

This happened in a previous episode, but I'm just going to put it here... I Was really annoyed when Phaedra made a comment that the natural wig Derek was working on looked like pubic hair. Bitch- that's what your hair looks like without all the fake ass weave you got up in there. What a stupid desperate shallow woman. I used to feel a little bit sorry for her and the Apollo situation, but no longer. Those chickens are coming home to roost. In your stringy ponytail.

• Love 5

At this point I don't care if Cynthia gives Peter her money. For some reason she thinks being "a partner" is going to change their dynamic. Idiot. Even during their makeup session, Nene meanly told Cynthia she wouldn't do lunch with her for 2 years. Of course Cynthia thinks everything is fine and gets further humiliated when Nene punks her at Kandi's party. Girl, bye. 

Doesn't Cynthia remember last week when NeNe told her it would be a couple years before she got over what Cynthia did enough to be friends again, if ever?

Demetria and Smurfette are flattering themselves saying they "dated" RogerBobb. I'm pretty sure he didn't "date" either one of them. Did either of them go to any Hollywood parties, walk any red carpets? I would bet neither had any Ruth Chris dinners. Maybe they went to Steak and Shake on the was to the crib. I have another shiny quarter that says nan one of them met his momma at the family BBQ.

I'm sure he SMASHED the both of them. But date? Nah.

• Love 6

my take on this episode...

Nene - She told Cynthia that it would be years before she felt comfortable being friends with her again so why did Cynthia think they were back to being besties at the party?  She told Kenya that the meeting was so that they could actually stand being in the same room together and be cordial.  Nothing more.  Why did Kenya feel the need to try to hug Nene like they were old friends?  Nene has only seen Claudia once and apparently didn't like her so why was Claudia so butthurt over Nene brushing her off?  If I barely know you, I probably won't speak to you. Nene spoke only to people she knew so just deal with it and move on.  Claudia confronting Nene, demanding an explanation for why she didn't get a greeting is just plain odd.

Cynthia - Poor delusional Cynthia.  I just cannot believe she has no problem in financing another of PSmurf's wims again.  And to have him hollering "Write the CHECK" was just a testament on how much he loves her.

Kenya - we all know I for one cannot stand Kenya and she always gives me good reason.  Her dissing Nene's looks to her aunt was so unnecessary.  She just loves talking smack about everyone but wonders why they don't like her.  She is vile on and off the show and yes, the others see her posts just like we do.  Her laughing at Demetria was another reason not to like her.  She gets so much pleasure in someone else's pain and embarrassment.  She appeared to forget she was in pretty much the same situation in Anguilla with Walter.  She wouldn't have liked it if someone there found her embarrassment funny enough to laugh out loud

The other thing I noticed was Kenya's immediate bitchface the moment she realized her "friend" Claudia had been married.  She doesn't seem to know anything about her longtime "friend"

Phaedra - folks appear to forget that like doctor-patient privilege, Lawyer-client privilege is the law and unless the client allows it, she cannot show any of her other clients on camera.  So yes she probably is a very good lawyer and even though we do not see her law practice very much on the show does not mean she doesn't regularly practice law.  We are only seeing about 10-15 minutes of an hour of her life.

Claudia appears to be kind of needy when it comes to compliments or the lack thereof.  She seems to be like Trixie Tang off of the Fairly Odd Parents where she constantly has to hear people tell her she's pretty and that they just adore being around her.  She doesn't handle brushoffs very well at all

Demetria needs a reality check with ole RB.  Even though blue hair really should not have put it out there about her dating RB to a group of people she don't even know.  It was like an obvious ambush set up by her and Kandi, who had to know her "friend" blue hair once dated RB and that it would go south if told to the delusional Demetria.

That said, Dee needs to realize she isn't the main squeeze she thinks she is.

Porsha seemed to prefer keeping to herself this episode.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 8

Claudia appears to be kind of needy when it comes to compliments or the lack thereof. She seems to be like Trixie Tang off of the Fairly Odd Parents where she constantly has to hear people tell her she's pretty and that they just adore being around her. She doesn't handle brushoffs very well at all

I blame that on her momma. Claudia said how much she wished just once that her mother would tell her that she loves her. I cannot imagine growing up and never hearing those words from my parents. It has to have had a huge impact on her feelings of self-worth. So, for that reason, I give Claudia a pass on wanting people to like her or accept her into the fold. She's probably had to fend for herself a lot during her life.

• Love 4

Wow, it looks like MJ's boyfriend already started renovating Peter's new property. And there is/was a funeral home next door? Get Phaedra in on that, and you guys can take over the entire block! 

I laughed so hard when Apollo said, "No one respects me for some reason". For SOME reason! I couldn't possibly guess what that reason(s) might be. 

Someone please explain to me how playing the Wicked Stepmother in Cinderella would be a stretch for Nene. 

Demetria is coming off as Fifty Shades of Delusional. And desperate. When they were all going around the room, giving the current state of their relationships, no one else mentioned the NAME of their SO. It's like she's so proud to specifically be with this Roger Bobb person, and cannot see that he is just not that into her. She needs to buy a clue. 

Kind of a boring ep, not a fan of the sex parties and what-not. 

• Love 10

I wonder if Bedroom Kandi is falling in sales, or why else were we subjected to talk of it for an hour?

ETA: I googled "Bedroom Kandi", and some of the products are now available on Amazon, some of them for 75% off. It used to be that you could only buy them at home parties (Tupperware Gone Bad). There was one BBB complaint that was resolved. I would love to know what that was all about. No idea if these products are exclusive to BK or if someone is playing off that name.

• Love 4

If I went to a party and a "doctor" told me that I was going to be bound to someone I had issues with to forge a connection, my reaction would have been the same a Nene's. I've been told that I don't have a poker face at all so I guess my ass would have killed the vibe of the party too. That exercise was never going to work. They tried it so that there would possibly be some type of conflict but it looks like Nene went off-script and refused to play along.

Also, I don't see what was wrong with Nene not hugging or kissing Kenya. She said hi. I've been in a situation like that and neither of us have ever gone in for a hug. I think Kenya was mistaken from the meeting. Nene said she just wanted them all to be in a place where they could be in the same room. How does that translate to hugs and kisses? Though I did notice she and Cynthia did exchange them.

Anyhow, the RogerBobb (seriously, why must Demetria always say his first and last name all the time??) revelation was so messy. And then for her to say she doesn't believe ole girl. She is STUPID. She will continue to be played by him because that's what she allows.

And Cynthia...Oh Cynthia. She is so silly. I don't remember people betting on them breaking up. I thought we took bets on how long he would dry up her bank account.

• Love 3

While I know Nene has her issues being a friend....and I don't really mind Claudia....it seems to me that she (Claudia) is easily butt hurt when people don't immediately fall all over themselves when they see/meet her.  She tagged Porsha for doing it and now it's Nene.  WTF?  Considering the fawning that Kenya and Cynthia do whenever they see her, it's not shocking that she has a problem whenever someone doesn't ask her to twirl or compliment her outfit.

I don't think Claudia is butthurt people aren't fawning over her but if somebody is being cordial to everyone else but with you they have a "girl bye" attitude and you haven't done anything or said anything to prompt this, you're going to want to know why.

I don't think Claudia was butt hurt either, probably just shocked at the level of Nene's rudeness.  And she was very rude.  She greeted every other person in the room, and when someone mentioned Claudia, it was just a "oh, we've met in the past" with a kind of dismissive hand wave.  Would it have killed her to add on an extremely simple, "nice to see you again"  and then kept it moving?  More power to Claudia, for not only pulling her to the side, but calmly asking her what the issue was,  listening, saying, "Ok.  Thanks!", then walking away without escalating.  

At first I thought it was one of Kenya's loud inappropriate outbursts until I rewound and heard her say "but this tea"

That's what made that scene even funnier.  Lol!  Kenya has no shame.

What was with Nene telling us about all the packages and gifts she receives every day that she doesn't have time to open.  Thanks for sharing....we don't care.  The fact that she was so dismissive about any job offer on Broadway just shows her level of delusion.  Would love to find out how what happened with the other 2 and how she got stuck with Cinderella.  

• Love 5

The weird things I noticed...

NeNe's empty bookcase.

Todd needs to drop the wife-beater shirt.

Claudia is a very gracious lady to compliment Kandi on her furniture.

Kandi should never tell people she picked it out herself.

If Cynthia and Peter break up, she can hand him over to Miss Smurf with the blue hair.

Nene has always lived in "fake" houses with empty bookshelves. lol       I would rather have empty than Kandi's serial killer taste in furnishings. :)

• Love 5

At this point I don't care if Cynthia gives Peter her money. For some reason she thinks being "a partner" is going to change their dynamic. Idiot. Even during their makeup session, Nene meanly told Cynthia she wouldn't do lunch with her for 2 years. Of course Cynthia thinks everything is fine and gets further humiliated when Nene punks her at Kandi's party. Girl, bye. 

Please no more sex parties and Kandi Koated Nights. 

I think Kandi Koated Nights just means a lot of dumb people with STD'S.

• Love 5
I don't think Claudia was butt hurt either, probably just shocked at the level of Nene's rudeness.  And she was very rude.  She greeted every other person in the room, and when someone mentioned Claudia, it was just a "oh, we've met in the past" with a kind of dismissive hand wave.  Would it have killed her to add on an extremely simple, "nice to see you again"  and then kept it moving?  More power to Claudia, for not only pulling her to the side, but calmly asking her what the issue was,  listening, saying, "Ok.  Thanks!", then walking away without escalating.

I don't think Nene was being rude.  Just because they met once several years ago, don't mean Nene has to greet her like they are old friends.  They are not.  It was the same with when Claudia felt the need to get Porsha to sit with Kenya for a chat when Porsha only knows this woman as a co worker on another show.  Then Claudia wants to know why Porsha doesn't like her.  Porsha doesn't know her any more than Nene does.  If I don't know you at all, I am not going to speak to you.  If I met you several year before and didn't like you then, I also will not speak to you now.  Claudia demanding an explanation why Nene didn't say "Hi" to her is a bit childish on Claudia's part.  This woman is in her forties, not highschool age

• Love 2

I wonder if Todd ever wakes up and thinks he's living in some sort of Twilight Zone nightmare episode when he looks around at the furniture?

The furniture, Kandi and his mother in law.   Run, Toto RUN !!

• Love 6
I don't think Claudia was butt hurt either, probably just shocked at the level of Nene's rudeness.  And she was very rude.  She greeted every other person in the room, and when someone mentioned Claudia, it was just a "oh, we've met in the past" with a kind of dismissive hand wave.  Would it have killed her to add on an extremely simple, "nice to see you again"  and then kept it moving?  More power to Claudia, for not only pulling her to the side, but calmly asking her what the issue was,  listening, saying, "Ok.  Thanks!", then walking away without escalating.

I agree. There's some middle ground there between jumping up and down and squealing as if you're long lost BFFs....and just waving someone off as if they're a gnat who deigns to bother the queen. I got a very dismissive vibe from her as well. Nene seems to think that if you're not actually friends with someone you don't have to bother with social graces, being polite, etc. 

• Love 12

I agree. There's some middle ground there between jumping up and down and squealing as if you're long lost BFFs....and just waving someone off as if they're a gnat who deigns to bother the queen. I got a very dismissive vibe from her as well. Nene seems to think that if you're not actually friends with someone you don't have to bother with social graces, being polite, etc.

I was just about to post this, G. Thanks! It is indeed rude to not greet someone in a social setting. It was specific on Nene's part to dismiss Claudia as beneath her notice. True, they're not besties, but what history do they have that The Great Golden-Haired Sashay Show My Ass on Every Occasion couldn't squeeze out "hi, how you doing"?

Nene wanted Claudia to notice and inquire; then N could proclaim that she was being used to make thirsty Claudia relevant.

As others have posted, this woman is ridiculous and her downfall will be really sweet.

• Love 11

I don't think Nene was being rude.  Just because they met once several years ago, don't mean Nene has to greet her like they are old friends.  They are not.  It was the same with when Claudia felt the need to get Porsha to sit with Kenya for a chat when Porsha only knows this woman as a co worker on another show.  Then Claudia wants to know why Porsha doesn't like her.  Porsha doesn't know her any more than Nene does.  If I don't know you at all, I am not going to speak to you.  If I met you several year before and didn't like you then, I also will not speak to you now.  Claudia demanding an explanation why Nene didn't say "Hi" to her is a bit childish on Claudia's part.  This woman is in her forties, not highschool age

I disagree.  As ghoulina and SFoster21 point out above, it's about manners and social graces.  I don't think anyone was expecting her to run up to Claudia, hug and kiss her, and jump up and down about their long lost friendship and reunion.  Just a simple greeting to show you weren't raised in a barn.  If Nene had at least done that, and then Claudia approached her about why she was so cold, then I would agree that Claudia was acting childish.  But based on what happened, that title goes to Nene.  

• Love 13

I can't stand Kenya or Claudia.  They act like mean girls who think they're above everybody because they're "pretty."  Shit, I've seen better looking women on the streets of NYC.  Besides, if they're so hot, how come they're always hunting for men?  How come they're never dating anybody?   I know that Atlanta is a tough market, but what's wrong with dating men who aren't black?  

And as for her being bi-racial.  If she never mentioned it, no one would ever know; she looks like a light skinned black woman to me; hey, I'm lighter than she is and both of my parents are black.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6

I honestly believe something happened between Claudia and Nene that we aren't privy of yet. Nene's comment ("the thirst is real") when Porsha mentioned Claudia's name in one of the earlier episodes and the exchange that happens next week - yeah, something went down that we don't know about. We'll see.

While I might have uttered a simple hello to Claudia, I don't think I would have said much more than that. I'm very bad at masking my true feelings though.

• Love 1

I know that Atlanta is a tough market, but what's wrong with dating men who aren't black?

I recently did a search on Match.com just to see who's out there for women such as these, in their age range, etc. There are plenty of good-looking black men who are looking for someone to date. They may not be millionaires, though, and that's where the market gets slim.

I honestly believe something happened between Claudia and Nene that we aren't privy of yet. Nene's comment ("the thirst is real") when Porsha mentioned Claudia's name in one of the earlier episodes and the exchange that happens next week - yeah, something went down that we don't know about.

NeNe tends to say that about every newcomer on the show, especially if she thinks she may not be able to rein them in and under her wing to do her bidding. The thing that perked my ears up is when NeNe said she really didn't like the friends Claudia hung out with. THOSE are the people I want invited to the next party!

• Love 4

That what I was feeling.  Something about Nene and Claudia didn't click the last time they met.  It was obvious Nene didn't like her and I think Claudia knows why.  That's why she was trying to elicit some feeling from Nene.  Nene is also someone who wears her feelings on her sleeve.  You know when she likes you because she will bend over backwards to help you and you know when she don't like you because you will be dismissed.  All three women, Claudia, Cynthia and Kenya knew Nene wasn't feeling them and they went out of their way to come after her.  Apparently, they just couldn't take go to hell for an answer.

NeNe tends to say that about every newcomer on the show, especially if she thinks she may not be able to rein them in and under her wing to do her bidding. The thing that perked my ears up is when NeNe said she really didn't like the friends Claudia hung out with. THOSE are the people I want invited to the next party!

They are already there.  Nene don't like that Claudia is a friend to Kenya and Cynthia

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 2

What world do I live in where Nene Leakes (Call her "Ms. Leakes, because she is a stah, darling") gets 3 Broadway offers and Phaedra wins a national attorney award?  What's next - Peter gets Businessman of the Year?

I think everyone but Appollo knew who Phaedra wanted to keep out with that electric fence.   Loved her reference to his "mandatory vacation" like he is going to College with the Guidices.

Kandi should know by now that "good" and "party" are never words that appear in the same sentence in any HW show.

I'm over Roger Bobb - and to me, he doesn't seem like he's a real prize anyway. 

And Nene still sporting the Litte Dutch Boy look in her TH's.  Who told her that looked good?

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 4

How does one meet all these men from Africa?  Apparently they are making bank and in the market for wives from America.

Apparently they are making bank and in the market for (more) wives (to add to the collection) from America.  FTFY. 

But she does know her.  They've met before.   I think if you're being charitable, rudeness may have been debatable at "oh we've met before" I'm not sure how that's not rude, but at a minimum it's dismissive.  But in case there was any doubt, when Claudia then approaches her and says Nene can we talk, this bitch goes "about what?" fake horse tooth smiling the whole time.  Girl, bye.  I know 4 year olds who are more emotionally mature.  You're right Nene, you are like a one night stand.  Awful enough that you never have to worry bout me bothering with your ass again.  I'm biased though, I mean I just can't dislike a chick that pretty who's willing to show us those damn gorilla knuckles she calls toes. 

I must've turned my head and didn't catch the Kenya giggle but I'm not mad at that either.   To classify any woman who has zero vested interest in your relationship or your man because she's got both of her own a liar, is something a damn fool says.   I believe she's lying?   There's absolutely no reason whatsover to import stupidity like this when Porsha's dumb ass is still on the show.

Kandi sitting around grubbing with the OLG, she gone fuck around and grow herself a bootydo. 

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 7

I don't think Nene was being rude.  Just because they met once several years ago, don't mean Nene has to greet her like they are old friends.

Yeah, she was being rude. She's not asking Nene why they aren't hugging like old friends.  She's asking why Nene was cordial to everyone else but had a "girl bye" attitude with HER.  ESPECIALLY since they've only met once and especially since she was more cordial to Kenya, whom she has a problem with than to her, whom Nene has only supposedly met once.

It was the same with when Claudia felt the need to get Porsha to sit with Kenya for a chat when Porsha only knows this woman as a co worker on another show.  Then Claudia wants to know why Porsha doesn't like her.  Porsha doesn't know her any more than Nene does.

Again, if Porsha & Claudia are working in the same place, and Porsha barely knows Claudia, then why is Porsha being extra stank & rude to Claudia? I don't think Claudia cares one way or the other if Kenya & Porsha hug it out, but if you're going to be rude to me in my workplace & potentially create a hostile work environment, I want to work it out or let it be known that I tried to work it out.

Both Nene & Porsha were super rude to Claudia for no good reason and it's not a good look, especially when they are fake ki'ki'ing with the people they have a problem with (Cynthia, Kenya).

• Love 6

Roger Bobb sounds like one of those cheap cigars they sell at 7- Eleven.     Or he was named after a pirate ship and his middle name is Jolly.

Oh....and WTF was that room in Kand's house?   If anyone was born to a HO (JOYCE) then that would explain where she got her pimp taste in furniture.

• Love 3

What is Demetria's role in this show? Is she a friend of? Jr housewife with training wheels? I really don't know and wonder why I should care about some peachless chicks so-called relationship. What the hell is this episode where the major drama is between 2 people that have barely been introduced to the audience?

Every time I hear Roger Bob I think Roger Rabbitt.

I wished someone would dunk his ugly ass into THE DIP!

• Love 6
Again, if Porsha & Claudia are working in the same place, and Porsha barely knows Claudia, then why is Porsha being extra stank & rude to Claudia? I don't think Claudia cares one way or the other if Kenya & Porsha hug it out, but if you're going to be rude to me in my workplace & potentially create a hostile work environment, I want to work it out or let it be known that I tried to work it out.

Porsha like Nene was not too keen on anyone who professes to be kenya's friend.  Add to that Claudia attempting to get Porsha to play nice with Kenya when Porsha has a conviction over her head, put there by Kenya.  I would say the lovefest was never gonna happen.

As for Nene, she explicitly stated it was who Claudia associates with that she doesn't like.  Kenya is the central figure.  Nene isn't going to trust anyone who is friends with Kenya and neither is Porsha  and I can't blame them.

• Love 5

Oh and why was Demetria all "the D is on point" or whatever when talking about Roger? So classless and desperate. I make it a point of never talking about sex with current partners for gossip purposes.

• Love 7

What is Demetria's role in this show? Is she a friend of? Jr housewife with training wheels? I really don't know and wonder why I should care about some peachless chicks so-called relationship. What the hell is this episode where the major drama is between 2 people that have barely been introduced to the audience?

I heard Demetria and Claudia were brought on to be "friend of" the housewives.  Then they were going to make Demetria the new housewife, with Claudia just being a friend of.  But after Claudia read Nene (I think we'll see this next week) during one of the trips, they decided to make Claudia the new housewife instead of Demetria and demote Porsha to friend of because she really didn't have much of a storyline.  That's probably why Claudia doesn't have that much of a storyline...she was originally supposed to just be a friend of, so why film her storyline?

Porsha like Nene was not too keen on anyone who professes to be kenya's friend.  Add to that Claudia attempting to get Porsha to play nice with Kenya when Porsha has a conviction over her head, put there by Kenya.  I would say the lovefest was never gonna happen.

A lovefest doesn't need to happen but being stank and rude doesn't need to happen either.

As for Nene, she explicitly stated it was who Claudia associates with that she doesn't like.  Kenya is the central figure.

Yet when everyone showed up at Kandi's party, Nene was all "Heyy gurl" or "Hi" with Cynthia and Kenya but "Gurl bye" with Claudia.  How are you going to be "Hey gurl" with Cynthia and Kenya but "Gurl bye" with Claudia when you've only supposedly interacted with Claudia ONCE and "don't really know her?"

Heck, Nene's had it out with Phaedra and was all "hey gurl" to her.

Nene (and Porsha) creates her own drama for no good reason. All she had to do was say "Hello" and keep it moving instead of creating drama by pointedly dissing Claudia.  Perhaps Nene felt Claudia was just going to be a "friend of" so there was no need to be cordial to a nobody but dumb Nene actually secured Claudia's spot on the show by dissing her

Oh and why was Demetria all "the D is on point" or whatever when talking about Roger? So classless and desperate. I make it a point of never talking about sex with current partners for gossip purposes.

Marking her territory.  Funny thing is Gocha's current relationship is with a woman so Rogerbobb's D must not have been too on point for her.

• Love 4

Apollo actually saying that no one respects him and he doesn't know why. Gold. Absolute Gold.

And people wonder why I watch this trash. It's moments like this,and Porsha's history lesson on the Underground Railroad,that can make an entire season worthwhile.  

Edited by chlban
  • Love 7

Roger Bobb sounds like the Walton son that nobody bothered to say good night to.

I think if you ever needed evidence that Kandi is kind of emotionally stunted, you just have to tune in to Kandi Koated Nights and listen to her talk about sex the way no one I know has since junior high.  "Are you good at oral?"  I felt embarrassed for her, since she doesn't have the sense to feel embarrassed for herself.  Which isn't to say there's not a place in the world for helpful, intelligent, funny discussions about sex, God knows.  But this ain't it.  Her eagerness to jump in makes me really leery about Claudia, too.

Edited by Mondrianyone
  • Love 9

While watching, I realized what my problem is with this show; too many of the women on here aren't "wives."  I watch Beverly Hills, and all of the women on there, except for Brandi are married (well, Brandi was married).  Claudia, Kenya, Porsha and Demetria need to have their own show or something.  However, I don't find any of them interesting.

• Love 1

People keep saying that Nene knew Claudia and was still rude to her.  To me, it looked as though Nene was being cordial to someone she did not know well, was aware of who she was friends with (Kenya and Cynthia who she knows well enough were talking shit about her to Claudia) and that she had some previous problem with her.  And there's the explanation for her behavior.  I didn't have an issue with it and considering her not so distant history with Cynthia and Kenya I would also be cautious if I were Nene.  If you ask me, I was more wondering why it was Claudia was so offended by it.  So someone you barely know didn't say hello to you at a party....who gives a shit?

And Nene seemed to be fine with her during the stupid question and answer portion of the evening so I don't see how it's a Nene problem here.  Nene warmed up to her after they had a few moments to talk.  Seems incredibly normal for how relationships start off to me.  Not everyone you  meet is going to compliment your outfit and tell you how beautiful you are.  Nene said hello to her and smiled.  Sometimes people are guarded and Claudia (based on the 3 previously mentioned things up top) already has strikes against her.  If someone comes up to me at a party that I don't know well and is known to hang out with people I don't like I will probably greet them in quite the same way Nene did Claudia.

I maintain Claudia's butthurtness....hence why she mentioned the fact that Nene didn't say hello to her AGAIN after they started talking during Demetria's embarrassing moment.  If you aren't butt hurt, you brush it off and move on.  Claudia has shown to have a pattern here when she isn't complimented.  Nene absolutely pegged her when she said she was thirsty.

And Cynthia continues to be at the top of my most hated list.  Several things were made clear to her during that meeting with Nene yet she also got butt hurt by Nene's reaction.  Then out comes the "I'm not gonna continue to kiss her ass..." defenses.  She's the queen of the thirsties on this show....

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 7

Yet when everyone showed up at Kandi's party, Nene was all "Heyy gurl" or "Hi" with Cynthia and Kenya but "Gurl bye" with Claudia.  How are you going to be "Hey gurl" with Cynthia and Kenya but "Gurl bye" with Claudia when you've only supposedly interacted with Claudia ONCE and "don't really know her?"

Heck, Nene's had it out with Phaedra and was all "hey gurl" to her.

Nene was Hayy Gurl to the main HWives, she gave the cold sholder to Kenya and totally dismissed Claudia.  I didn't see Nene acknowledging Kandi's friends either.  As for Phaedra, they had become friends by then, so Phaedra got a HayGurl as well.  Meeting anyone once isn't knowing them.  Add to that, as I stated, being Kenya's friend didn't earn Claudia brownie points.

• Love 1