Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: 50 Shades Of Shade

• Start Topic

Cynthia and Peter embark on a joint business venture by looking for a new location for their lounge. Meanwhile, Kandi hosts a sex-and-relationship party, where NeNe and Claudia face one another. Also: One lady discovers her significant other might not be faithful.

Here we are, still standing" - thanks, Cynthia, that's the kiss of death for a reality TV marriage. Whoo hoo! Can't wait for that.

Phaedra is one of the nation's top black attorneys? Fix it, Jesus. No really. Fix it. We are in a bad way if she's the top. Who was on the voting committee? Marion Barry? If you don't want to be associated with Apollo's behavior, don't help him set up fake companies, and don't sit on the board of them.

Nene: I don't think these shows create monsters, but they certainly make them worse. This bitch is just a dark cloud and they need to stop inviting her to stuff and then
enabling her. Don't complain now, Kandi, you knew she was a bad-tempered, intolerant snake when you picked (invited) her up. She's so fucking full of her self - and unnecessarily so. So nasty, and so rude.

So ... next week looks fun :).  Nothing like a stripper calling a model a whore ... and all we have in common is 8? It's gonna be all DeGrassi up in here! (They go there...)

ETA: Well, at least now we know why Phaedra utters "Fix it, Jesus" every two seconds this season. #fixitjesus tees sold by Parks, Inc. no doubt. I'm Pagan, so it makes me no never mind, but it does seem kind of religi-tacky. I could be wrong, tho /FLC

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 19

Didn't we tell Phaedra to lay low and keep her head down? She of all people need not come for anybody and their man. She's way too easy a target. A newbie could really elevate their staus with a well placed zinger about Apollo going bye bye.

Now I'm off to watch Kenya on Celebrity Apprentice. Don't judge me.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 6

The weird things I noticed...

NeNe's empty bookcase.

Todd needs to drop the wife-beater shirt.

Claudia is a very gracious lady to compliment Kandi on her furniture.

Kandi should never tell people she picked it out herself.

If Cynthia and Peter break up, she can hand him over to Miss Smurf with the blue hair.

• Love 14

Even though people will think less of me if they actually know who Nene Leakes is, I'm going to tell everyone Nene and I are friends. Almost every show Nene tells someone "Don't say we're friends!" Don't know why anyone would announce that but since it obviously bothers her so much and she worries about people doing it - I am announcing here today that Nene and I are friends. And we will continue to be friends until the day we meet.

• Love 24

Cynthia really is a big dummy. Peter is robbing her blind.

Judge Hatchett's face while sitting next to Phaedra cracked me up.

Reality TV crossover alert: Gocha (the chick who revealed she dated Roger) appeared on Lala Anthony's show on Vh1. She has been dating Lala's cousin, Dice, for a hot minute so I don't know how true her story is.

• Love 4

While I know Nene has her issues being a friend....and I don't really mind Claudia....it seems to me that she (Claudia) is easily butt hurt when people don't immediately fall all over themselves when they see/meet her.  She tagged Porsha for doing it and now it's Nene.  WTF?  Considering the fawning that Kenya and Cynthia do whenever they see her, it's not shocking that she has a problem whenever someone doesn't ask her to twirl or compliment her outfit.

How does one meet all these men from Africa?  Apparently they are making bank and in the market for wives from America.

• Love 5

Cynthia really is a big dummy. Peter is robbing her blind.

Judge Hatchett's face while sitting next to Phaedra cracked me up.

Reality TV crossover alert: Gocha (the chick who revealed she dated Roger) appeared on Lala Anthony's show on Vh1. She has been dating Lala's cousin, Dice, for a hot minute so I don't know how true her story is.

I knew, I knew her. She was on another show about a Atlanta beauty shop. She's hungry for that reality fame.

When Porsha said she had a new man from Nigeria, long distance..... all I could think was she got one of those emails, answered it, and the party was on. She may have no money left on her credit card or in her bank account by now.

• Love 16

I think when they say they are in a relationship with someone from Africa, they have received an e-mail from Nigeria informing them that a distant, formerly unknown relative has died tragically and they have been left 987 million dollars if they provide the sender of the e-mail sender all their banking info.

• Love 5

Oh, Cynthia... that new location you claim is going to be Atlanta's "Bourbon Street"  is going to fail.

It appeared they dubbed in Kenya telling her aunt about the Miami trip.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 2

Cynthia is an idiot if she even thinks about going into business with Peter. See how quickly he said write out a check? Red flag right there.

Goche, girl that was beyond tacky to mention that right then and there, all with that smug look on her face. It's all about how you say it that makes all the difference in the world.

Nene saying she's not mean is the biggest laugh ever. Clearly delusional and Broadway must be hard up for "actresses" (I use that term loosely) cause there's no way in hell she can play Mama Morton in Chicago. Wicked Stepmother is the perfect role for her but more playing that in a back alley more than Broadway.

• Love 7

Goche, girl that was beyond tacky to mention that right then and there, all with that smug look on her face. It's all about how you say it that makes all the difference in the world.

I agree...and no one called her on it - talk turned to Roger what's-his-face and what an ass he is. That wasn't cool. And notice Cynthia was the only one who followed Demetria as she left, embarrassed. That was sweet of her.

• Love 2

I only just noticed it but Demetria has the most sour apple bitch face I have seen in a very very long time.

And as much as she gets on my nerves, I have to throw love Kenya's way simply for that laugh that came out of her right after the Roger Bobb revelations. She got me to double over and laugh too.

• Love 1

Clearly delusional and Broadway must be hard up for "actresses" (I use that term loosely) cause there's no way in hell she can play Mama Morton in Chicago.

Well Wendy Williams played Mama Morton in Chicago so they're just handing out roles to anybody with some sort of following.

• Love 5

Loved the look on the contractors' faces when Phaedra asked for an electrical fence.

Ditto for Apollo whining about being ignored.

Yeah, who didn't see Kandi's sexy night becoming a repeat of last season's fiascos?

• Love 2

I think Kenya's laugh during the Demetria tea was more incredulous than anything.  I don't think she was reveling in someone else's pain, at least not any more than any of the other women there.  Cynthia was the only one to follow her--that was a nice thing to do.  

Kandi seemed to know Goche's backstory prior to the party and so of course she had to invite her, right?  Kandi's a stealth bitch.

NeNe is a ratchet cow.

• Love 2

I don't think Claudia is butthurt people aren't fawning over her but if somebody is being cordial to everyone else but with you they have a "girl bye" attitude and you haven't done anything or said anything to prompt this, you're going to want to know why.

Demetria opened herself up for the Roger Bob mess by name dropping Roger Bob. Nobody else name checked their man.

Cynthia might as well be a partner with Peter since he's tsking her money anyway.

I'm not sure why Apollo is so concerned about Phaedra's gates when jail bars are in his future.

• Love 11

When Porsha said she had a new man from Nigeria, long distance..... all I could think was she got one of those emails, answered it, and the party was on. She may have no money left on her credit card or in her bank account by now.

Did she have any money to start with?   :-)

• Love 5

Cynthia:  If you don't care what the haters have to say why mention what they say?

Ayden & Dillon aka The Prince and Mr. President, respectively:  To adorable, I love when they are on, it makes the rest of the show bearable.

Apollo:  He was just worried about how he looked in front of those men with his wife there calling all the shots.  You showed your family no respect when you were out committing crimes so why should you be included in the plans to keep them secure while your away?

Demetria:  Needs to dump Roger Bobb.   I can understand keeping the relationship under wraps while working together on a set because that type of thing is usually frowned upon.  But that show has been over for quite some time.  Even if this woman is lying, why hasn't Roger and Demetria's relationship progressed?

• Love 2

Does anyone know the song that Kandi referenced? I can't remember the exact phrasing, but it wasn't something like, "B*tch, you ruined my mood"... or b*tch something something...

I just sighed before writing this. First, I hate the things we (some) women do to each other. Why that woman would announce that she dated Demetria's bf at that time is beyond me. Just trouble. In fact, it could be jealousy because Demetria has been on a pretty long running sitcom. However, let me say this, this thing with Roger Bob - I hate that name almost as much as I hate a cheating, lying, disrespectful ass man - has been boiling this whole season with her storyline. Why is Demetria trying to make this relationship happen. Maybe it is just me, but damn, is money THAT important? The guy is seriously unattractive, obviously not that into her, and disrespectful. Why would she waste her pretty, and her own celeb fame while it is hot, on such an ugly in spirit and body man? Why? Is it THAT bad in Atlanta. I've heard stories, but this is ridiculous. Girl, a successful and gorgeous female attorney once told me about dating in an undesirable location that sometimes you have to import your man into the city. Shit Demetria, go online. You're a pretty girl. That dude is fugly (that's not even a word I have ever used before.)

You know what? Everyone should agree together to just stop speaking to NeNe. She is just not a nice person anymore. Why have that Debbie Downer -sorry to all my peeps named Debbie - around. She adds nothing. All of those discussions about making amends and yet she still shows her ass at events. As fans of the show, is there something that we can do? Believe me, I am all for people having success. I come from a place of abundance, but it is doing nothing good for her. Nothing. She is losing her soul.

Kandi your party sucked. Todd looked yummy.

• Love 10

Does anyone know the song that Kandi referenced? I can't remember the exact phrasing, but it wasn't something like, "B*tch, you ruined my mood"... or b*tch something something...

Kendrick Lamar. Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe. A rap song about being high, I think. Great song though. Really cool sounding.

• Love 4

At this point I don't care if Cynthia gives Peter her money. For some reason she thinks being "a partner" is going to change their dynamic. Idiot. Even during their makeup session, Nene meanly told Cynthia she wouldn't do lunch with her for 2 years. Of course Cynthia thinks everything is fine and gets further humiliated when Nene punks her at Kandi's party. Girl, bye. 

Please no more sex parties and Kandi Koated Nights. 

• Love 5

Demetria, you in danger girl. In danger of being embarrassed every time you mention RogerBobb's name. That dude doesn't respect or love you. I was mortified for her, but she brings it on herself. Who would spend that much time in a relationship unless there was an agreement to never marry like Oprah and Stedman?

Gocha can have an arena of seats because what she did was mean as hell. Completely unnecessary and it made her look like a bitch.

When Nene said she wasn't mean so she didn't know if she could play the Wicked Stepmother I almost choked on my orange juice. The Wicked Stepmother role was predestined for Nene.

Also, Cynthia needs to stop looking like a wounded puppy from an ASPCA commercial when Nene says they aren't friends. She's giving Nene just what she wants. Cynthia is spineless, so it's hard to feel too sorry for her. Peter will drain that bank account.

That gray dress was not flattering on Porsha.

I can't stand Kenya, but I laughed my ass off when she couldn't hold her laugh in.

• Love 4

You know what? Everyone should agree together to just stop speaking to NeNe. She is just not a nice person anymore. Why have that Debbie Downer -sorry to all my peeps named Debbie - around. She adds nothing. All of those discussions about making amends and yet she still shows her ass at events. As fans of the show, is there something that we can do? Believe me, I am all for people having success. I come from a place of abundance, but it is doing nothing good for her. Nothing. She is losing her soul.

Kandi your party sucked. Todd looked yummy.

See, now how can we make this happen? I know on Basketball Wives cast members decide to not film with other members they don't like. How can these broads make moves to freeze Miss Thang out? Since the cast is so beneath her now and every time she's in the room she has her "I smell shit face" on. Why should any of them bother with her?

She should Go film with her manservant since he's the only one she can tolerate. I don't really think she holds the Queen Bee status that she once did. Production can't keep asking this cast to deal with a woman who thinks she's so above them.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 6

I don't think Claudia is butthurt people aren't fawning over her but if somebody is being cordial to everyone else but with you they have a "girl bye" attitude and you haven't done anything or said anything to prompt this, you're going to want to know why.

I would not want to know why Nene is upset with me if I were Claudia.  I would consider it a badge of honor if she did not speak to me or look in my direction.  If I were Claudia, I would let Nene continue hating while I continue looking good and collecting my checks.  Claudia divides her checks by 1 whereas Nene divides hers by at least 5, excluding her entourage.

Of course, Claudia understands how this show works and she is using Nene to elevate herself.  Carry on Claudia.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 5

.it seems to me that she (Claudia) is easily butt hurt when people don't immediately fall all over themselves when they see/meet her.  She tagged Porsha for doing it and now it's Nene.  WTF? 

I don't think she's butthurt, I think she's just a straight up chick, and doesn't get how you could be anywhere from casually friendly when meeting in another forum, to being straight rude the next time you meet up which throws her off. Forget Porsha who has been out to dinner with her and works at the same station. I'd be annoyed if people acted brand-new when they met up with me during "filming."  And then I'd get to Moving On (TM - pay me!) and patting my pockets like Don Juan, completely out of fucks to give.

In my enjoyment of the preview with I'mDatingRogerBob doing Phaedra's man's numerology, I almost forgot ole' Gregg got a slap coming his way too. I am here for it all, yum, tell me more... *Kenya eating popcorn*

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 5

When the guy said Nene had three offers to be on Broadway I immediately said doing what selling tickets, being an usher or a coat check girl! No way in hell they want her to oreform unless it's off, off way off Broadway!

Cynthia said what they had been married four years? Ok, calm down now don't go putting yourself and Peter in the marriage hall of fame or anything. Are we seriously supposed to believe the new location for Bar One is going to be the next Bourbon street. Cynthia needs to stop drinking the Peter koolaid. Wake up girl!

Smurfette may be a fame whore but I to tally believe Roger Bob is a lair, cheater and all kinds of shady.

And if Phaedra is one of the top lawyers in Atlanta remind me never to get it trouble there, hate to see the lawyers they consider bad.

• Love 3

Why did Demetria feel the need to mention Roger Bobb by name; she, with the exception of maybe NeNe, was the only one who mentioned her man by name.

Probably because Production told her to so she could get the "party" started. Honestly, what I don't get is if someone is stating they dated Rogerbobb on and off for 8 years, and someone pipes in and says I dated him too (clearly past tense), why get your panties in a bunch when the operative words are "dated him on and off". This other chick could clearly have been dating him during the "off" cycle.

• Love 3

OMG I couldn't believe when that woman I don't remember seeing before said she dated that non-castmember's boyfriend (who I also know nothing about) sometime back in 2011/2! The drama of it all...it's riveting...

More seriously, I'm impressed with the main wives.  After last season's ratings they have to have made some good money this year, and they're bringing pretty much nothing to the table.  The only one who seems to be trying is Cynthia.  It's like they're exploiting the network- I appreciate that.

I finally believe in Nene's acting talent.  The way she said she's a nice person, that conversation about how being a wicked stepmother would be a true challenge for her- she delivered that with such sincerity and conviction.  I believed that she believed it, even though that can't be possible...unless she's seriously delusional.

Phaedra got an award for being an attorney?  When was the last time she even had a case (as someone's lawyer)?

• Love 5

People! Kenya and Claudia can do THs for me all episode if they like. Kenya with her not having enough lips or time to kiss Nene's arse or Claudia's not wanting anything Nene has including her manservant Gregg. I loved it!!

• Love 12

Probably because Production told her to so she could get the "party" started. Honestly, what I don't get is if someone is stating they dated Rogerbobb on and off for 8 years, and someone pipes in and says I dated him too (clearly past tense), why get your panties in a bunch when the operative words are "dated him on and off". This other chick could clearly have been dating him during the "off" cycle.

It wasn't during an off cycle and that's what upset her. She told Cynthia they were together during that time. Then the whole 'she knows him (Bobb)' - 2 b's really?

These women give me a headache but next week looks hilarious - the number 8 may get a lot of play lol!

You know what would open Cynthia's eyes to Peter's shadyness...the investor guy Marcus from The Profit. Peter couldn't run that game on him. She's going to need Suze Orman before a divorce lawyer.

Edited by Llama
  • Love 2