Type keyword(s) to search

Trailers & New Movies: Coming Soon to a Cinema Near You!

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, Joe said:

New Venom trailer! This comes out right before my birthday. And I'm already planning to avoid my family that day... No, I'm kidding. This looks bloody terrible. I'm not going to waste my time on that. But did I have anyone fooled, even for a moment?

The action, and Venom himself, look amazing.  Everything else, not so much.  Like, what the heck voice is Tom Hardy doing for Eddie Brock?

• Love 1
On 7/31/2018 at 9:58 AM, Joe said:

New Venom trailer! This comes out right before my birthday. And I'm already planning to avoid my family that day... No, I'm kidding. This looks bloody terrible. I'm not going to waste my time on that. But did I have anyone fooled, even for a moment?

On 7/31/2018 at 10:33 AM, Jediknight said:

The action, and Venom himself, look amazing.  Everything else, not so much.  Like, what the heck voice is Tom Hardy doing for Eddie Brock?

Tom Hardy, Riz Ahmed, and Michelle Williams???  Did no one learn the lessons of Fan4stic?

I'm still not sure this isn't a comedy but if it ends up on Netflix I will watch it.

#NotMyLizzie I'm kind of into the Kristen Stewart part of the movie but Chloe Sevigny is killing me. Her accent is way too modern. I'll stick with Christina Ricci. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I'm still not sure this isn't a comedy but if it ends up on Netflix I will watch it.

#NotMyLizzie I'm kind of into the Kristen Stewart part of the movie but Chloe Sevigny is killing me. Her accent is way too modern. I'll stick with Christina Ricci. 

I thought it was a thiller? I would check it out. There should be some good twists. 

I'm suspicious because of Paul Feig and Anna Kendrick. And Blake Lively can be silly... at least on social media. I'm not sure there isn't self-awareness like that Lifetime movie that Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig made. Though that was mostly boring af. 

On 31 July 2018 at 3:33 PM, Jediknight said:

Like, what the heck voice is Tom Hardy doing for Eddie Brock?

It's terrible. It's really distracting. I feel like that's his go to accent for so many American movies he's done. He just sounds really dopey or something.

also I like Michelle Williams but I'd have preferred someone with a bit more attitude or personality.

Edited by Chas411
  • Love 1
On 7/29/2018 at 6:31 AM, aradia22 said:

At least I don't know enough about Colette to be annoyed the way I am whenever she's in a book adaptation and is nothing like the character in the book. It's very... literary Big Eyes.

The first time someone told me about the plot of Big Eyes, I screamed "this is so much like Colette's story". I don't want to reveal too much about Colette, but she was indeed exploited by her   husband and later went on to live her life on her own terms, and what a ride that was :) 

• Love 1

Trailer for remake of the Dargio Argento horror movie Suspiria starring Dakota Johnson, Tilda Swinton and Chloe Grace Moretz:

Dakota Johnson also appears in Bad Times at the El Royale which also stars Jon Hamm, Chris Hemsworth, Nick Offerman and Jeff Bridges:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

The Front Runner

I had no idea they cast Hugh Jackman as Gary Hart!  How the heck did that happen?  Gary Hart was nowhere near as attractive, LOL.

I don't remember, but wasn't Gary Hart considered attractive by presidential candidate standards? Hollywood movies are routinely filled with above-average looking people, even in roles where they're supposed to be ugly, allegedly, so it makes sense that "attractive for a politician" in real life turns into "former Sexiest Man Alive" onscreen.

• Love 1

Bryan SInger to direct Red Sonja? Oh god no. I would like more than one good Conan-ish movie, but not from Singer. If any Millenium execs are reading this, I won't go and see any work Singer does, ever again. I suspect I'm not the only one. It's a terrible idea. Find a director who doesn't rape children. There are hundreds out there, probably thousands!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Anything would look better than the Jim Carrey one, as long as it doen’t have Jim Carrey.

Well.... the Jim Carrey version had problems that far exceeded and exacerbated Jim Carrey.  At least it wasn't The Cat In The Hat.

• Love 6

I had no idea they were doing an Elton John movie. I will have to go see that. I had to go look up to see who it was playing him. What's weird is that last night I was on a roll watching Elton John videos on you-tube and I watched the one with Justin Timberlake, "This Train Don't Stop There Anymore" and I was thinking they should do a movie with Justin playing Elton.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I like Taron Egerton and I love Elton John, but I'm sorry, Taron cannot sing.

Why would they even be using his voice for the singing anyway??

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Trini said:

Why would they even be using his voice for the singing anyway??

Didn't they also do that for Diana Ross in Lady Sings the Blues even though she doesn't remotely sound like Billie Holiday?

They also did that with Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning for the Runaways, although they used backing vocals of the real deal to make them sound real.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

Vice

My first thought is that it looks like Sam Rockwell as George W. Bush is going to be one of those cases where even though he doesn't look too much like the real person, I'll still end up buying it, because he seems to got the mannerism, voice, etc. down pact.  And, hey, another Christian Bale/Amy Adams reunion and this time not with David O. Russell!

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ditto! I’m mostly pleased with  casting. EXCEPT for who is playing Colin Powell: Tyler Perry. ??That’s right.  Not a typo or mistake. UGH? 

Tyler Perry isn't that bad an actor, he was pretty good in Gone Girl.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

I still can't believe that's Christian Bale! Say what you want about him, but the son of a bitch can act!

I’ve been Bale’s bitch since the one minute trailer of Batman Begins when it ended with:?”It’s me” in 2005.

I had totally forgotten he was the killer in the Shaft movie.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I was finally able to watch the preview of Vice with volume and DAMNED if Bale hasn’t nailed the speech pattern along with how that vulture speaks. And of COURSE it’s out at Christmas!??

That Killers song is perfect, too.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I was finally able to watch the preview of Vice with volume and DAMNED if Bale hasn’t nailed the speech pattern along with how that vulture speaks. 

Aw, calling him a vulture isn't fair -- to ACTUAL VULTURES. XD

You ought to see Christian Bale in American Psycho.  His character's look and mannerisms are a dead ringer for another figure who call not be named...

• Love 2

Time Freak

If you could turn back time…could you win back the love of your life? That’s the problem puzzling Stillman (Asa Butterfield, Ender’s Game), a physics genius recently dumped by his stunning girlfriend Debbie (Sophie Turner, “Game of Thrones”). So after creating a timeline of their romance and a machine to rewind the past, he grabs his wingman, Evan (Skyler Gisondo), and sets off to right every wrong he made with Debbie. But as this insane comedy proves, there are some mistakes too perfect for science to fix.

There are significant differences of course, but this reminds me of Weird Science. So when am I going to finally get a movie about a young woman who creates amazing tech because she's horny for a dude?? This looks fine, I guess. But I've seen these same tropes play out for at least my entire lifespan, and I'd like some gender equality, thanks.

• Love 2