Type keyword(s) to search

Trailers & New Movies: Coming Soon to a Cinema Near You!

• Start Topic

Blake Lively recruits Jude Law to aide her on her vengeance run after her family is killed:

What is that accent she's sporting?

On 9/13/2019 at 11:14 PM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

*plotzes*

It's kind of hard to see Helen Mirren as a patsy. I'll be interested to see her pull that off.

ETA:

Nice to see Liam remind us he's an Academy Award-nominated actor, but I kept waiting for him to physically threaten the doctor or something.

Edited by AimingforYoko
  • Love 1

6 Underground, new Ryan Reynolds action movie. Directed by Michael Bay. It'll be on Netflix.

Looks more fun than the new Terminator and Harley Quinn trailers. Entertaining nonsense.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Anduin said:

6 Underground, new Ryan Reynolds action movie. Directed by Michael Bay. It'll be on Netflix.

Looks more fun than the new Terminator and Harley Quinn trailers. Entertaining nonsense.

I thought it was being released in theaters.

23 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I thought it was being released in theaters.

Oh, okay. I thought that because Netflix was behind it, it would be straight to Netflix. But this doesn't look entertaining enough to actually spend money on.

4 hours ago, Anduin said:

Oh, okay. I thought that because Netflix was behind it, it would be straight to Netflix. But this doesn't look entertaining enough to actually spend money on.

According to Netflix’s YouTube account it is going straight to Netflix. 

58 minutes ago, Dani said:

According to Netflix’s YouTube account it is going straight to Netflix. 

I don't know what to think now. But I don't actually want to watch it, so all this is hypothetical anyway.

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Guy Ritchie's The Gentlemen

I'll be cautious, but this looks like a return to form for Mr. Ritchie. And I'm glad they made McConaughey an American. Having him try an accent would've been brutal.

Speaking of, best comment I've heard about the trailer is, "Charlie Hunnam's been doing bad American accents for so long, that his British sounds fake."

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

63Up coming out in November.  Every seven years, since 1964, British documentarians have interviewed the same seven people, from the time they were seven years old (7Up) to now, when they're 63.

This one will be sad as one of my favorites will not be on the show. I wonder if this will be the last one

Writers hired for new Pirates of the Carribean movie. My first thought: the sequels will continue until morale improves. Second: if Johnny Depp is in it, I won't watch it. He's a washed-up wife-beating alcoholic. I don't see why anyone would hire him these days.

Third, the creator of Chernobyl? That's a surprising choice. Until I checked his IMDB. Stuff like the Hangover sequels, Charlie's Angels, and so on. Yeah, I can see how the producers would want that writer.

• Love 1
On 10/9/2019 at 10:53 PM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Hmm.....

Filmed in Ireland. My dad's relatives are from there. Cool. The original was done by Deborah Kerr and features one of the kids from the original Village of The Damned. Those Irish Manors are something, huh? 

A Million Little Pieces looks interesting.  Funny thing, though I hadn't heard the movie and didn't recognize Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Charlie Hunnam, but as soon as I heard them speak, my first thought was, "These actors are English."

Billy Bob is going to kill this movie, though.  It looks like it's going to be all him.

But the trailer called the book controversial.  It was, but not because of the subject matter, but because the author tried to  claim it was a memoir, when it turned out to be fiction.  The publisher even offered people their money back.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Free Guy.  Ryan Reynolds is an NPC in a video game who becomes aware.

"From the studio that brought you Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and The Lion King......Twice."

Edited by AimingforYoko
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 1/1/2020 at 1:12 AM, Silver Raven said:

Blumhouse's Fantasy Island.

Looks ... intense

I think this is a really smart move by the IP owners. I'm probably not going to see this, but I find the premise of a horror version of the original far more interesting than the millennial (wink wink) nostalgia of a movie like the recent Charlies Angel bomb.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, xaxat said:

I think this is a really smart move by the IP owners. I'm probably not going to see this, but I find the premise of a horror version of the original far more interesting than the millennial (wink wink) nostalgia of a movie like the recent Charlies Angel bomb.

Definitely looks more in vein of the Malcolm McDowell remake than the Ricardo Montalban original.

I saw the trailer for Ordinary Love today before Jojo Rabbit.  I see it's been released in the UK, but won't be released in the US till February.  I wonder if Neesom and Lesley Manville can retain some love by the time next year's Oscars roll around.  Probably not.

• Love 1

This is interesting. Eli Roth to direct a Borderlands movie? I can see a couple of problems. Apparently neither Roth or the BL lead developer Randy Pitchford are great people. So there's that to start with.

But focussing on the details, the appeal of Borderlands isn't the plot. Not the jokes either. It's all about getting some ridiculous weapon and wiping out the enemy. There are a million movies about that. Admittedly, I don't know of any that have the same post-apocalyptic crossed with high-tech look. The only PA movie with a million guns I know of is Fury Road.

I suppose if you streamlined the plot. Cut out a lot of go here to get the mcguffin, go there to activate the bridge controls, return to previous location and talk to someone... And start with the vault hunters actually hunting for the vault, rather than discover its existence five hours in.