Type keyword(s) to search

Trailers & New Movies: Coming Soon to a Cinema Near You!

• Start Topic

Edgar Wright to develop a new version of The Running Man, based on the Stephen King novel. The Arnold Schwarzenegger movie had very little to do with the original book. Being an action movie fan and not really into King, it was a big surprise to read the book and discover it had nothing to do with the movie. Still, it's kind of surprising that this took so long. I wonder if the rights expired or they're finally running out of other King stuff to adapt.

King would have to be the world's number one living adapted author. Overall of course, it's Shakespeare with King as 2, then Michael Crichton as 3.

• Love 2

Outside of a black protagonist, what sets Without Remorse apart from your regular 80s action movie? I'm not knocking Michael B Jordan, don't worry. But why is he taking on a movie that probably would have starred Stallone, Schwarzenegger, or van Dam back in the day? Maybe it has more meat on its bones than the trailer suggests, but right now it looks utterly forgettable. He's better than that nonsense.

43 minutes ago, Anduin said:

But why is he taking on a movie that probably would have starred Stallone, Schwarzenegger, or van Dam back in the day?

He's producing. Which means he's not getting paid, he's getting paaaaaaaaiiiiid.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, AimingforYoko said:

He's producing. Which means he's not getting paid, he's getting paaaaaaaaiiiiid.

Oh, well that's different. With any luck, he'll use the money to fund something better. I'm sure he needs my stamp of approval, so let me say good work. 🙂

• LOL 3
9 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Wait 80s action movies are bad now?  IMO, few action movies are as good as what was put out in the 80s/early 90s. 

Not the top tier, obviously. But the lesser ones. I'd put this on the level of Conan the Destroyer or Red Heat. Or most of Segal's output.

6 minutes ago, Anduin said:

Not the top tier, obviously. But the lesser ones. I'd put this on the level of Conan the Destroyer or Red Heat. Or most of Segal's output.

I admit the trailer looks generic but it's based on a Tom Clancy novel and I've liked movies based on his adaptations in the past so we shall see.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I admit the trailer looks generic but it's based on a Tom Clancy novel and I've liked movies based on his adaptations in the past so we shall see.

That's fair enough. I'll probably wait for reviews.

• Love 1

RE: Jiujitsu ngl, that looks like a fake fan-made poster

RE: The 355 PLEASE don't be Ocean's 8 again. Great cast but why so much punching and so many guns in a movie about... hacking?

Took one look at that trailer and was all, "FUCK YOU MICHAEL BAY." Read the room, asshole.

How DARE they?

RE: We Can Be Heroes What are you doing, Christian Slater? Also, why does no one ever try to expand the Sky High universe?

RE: Shadow in the Cloud Sexism + fighter planes + fantasy monsters??? Also, everyone's accent is crazy.

New teaser thing for Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

I don't know what I think of this. In under a minute, it goes from dread to comedy to messed up. I hope the full movie smooths things out, or at least is less jarring with the transitions.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Anduin said:

I don't know what I think of this. In under a minute, it goes from dread to comedy to messed up. I hope the full movie smooths things out, or at least is less jarring with the transitions.

This is the Ghostbusters movie with the grandchildren of one of original men, so dread to comedy to messed up seems about right for the movie.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Anduin said:

This is why a sober guide is recommended whenever you decide to trip balls.

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, Anduin said:

So Gremlins-style mayhem featuring leftover Adipose from Doctor Who dressed up as mini Sta-Puft marshmallow men? Why not - could be fun!

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, giovannif7 said:

So Gremlins-style mayhem featuring leftover Adipose from Doctor Who dressed up as mini Sta-Puft marshmallow men? Why not - could be fun!

Glad I'm not the only one who saw Adipose in sailor hats. lol It's like the Adipose Navy has invaded Earth. Beware! They will fatten you up with marshmallows and then those very marshmallows will spilt off you into cute little evil aliens!!! or in this case...ghosts? Are those supposed to be ghosts? Did the original Sta-Puft find a lady Sta-Puft and these are their little Sta-Puft children? 

1 hour ago, AimingforYoko said:

Gotta be honest, Taylor Sheridan is the bigger draw for me over Angelina.

Same, although it's not a knock to Angelina. What is a huge distraction here though is her hair and makeup - she looks like she's about to model for a photoshoot. Not quite what I would expect for a firefighter/firefighter-adjacent, no matter how naturally beautiful.

7 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

This is the Ghostbusters movie with the grandchildren of one of original men, so dread to comedy to messed up seems about right for the movie.  

My point is, that's three moods within one minute. I just find it jarring. If it's paced out over longer, I'm fine.

Zola is very... A24. Very Spring Breakers. I hate it but I can't say I expected a movie based off a twitter thread adapted by Jeremy O. Harris sounded like it would look any different than this. 

Space Jam... why is it Tron? I miss the sentimental nonsense (the whole beginning with a Michael Jordan backstory) of the original movie but it does look like LeBron's acting improves once he meets Don Cheadle and the plot kicks in. There's so much CGI. The part that looks more like 2D animation is such a relief for the eyes. 

Cruella is kind of growing on me. I like The Devil Wears Prada rip off of trailer #2 more than the grim-dark Joker rip off vibe of trailer #1

• Love 1

I'd never heard of the original, so when I saw the sequel's title in another thread earlier tonight, I thought it was some sort of parody.  I still have no idea what any of it is about, and that trailer makes it look like a film I'd rather stare at my wall for 90 minutes than watch, but I'm glad there's something there for the majority of you who understand why it's funny.  (I mean, sure, Samuel L. Jackson, and he was enough to salvage a Die Hard movie for me, but this - I got nothin'.  You had to be there?) 

• Love 2

Teaser Trailer for the remake of West Side Story, directed by Steven Spielberg. I know Spielberg always wanted to do a musical but I'm not sure a remake of a musical that is still very well known and acclaimed is the best choice. That being said the teaser looks solid. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1

Mark Wahlberg takes on a drama again.  I'll be interested in seeing the reviews of this one, but I can already tell that I'd be crying my eyes out through most of it.  The young actor looks like he might be really good. 

This is based on a true story, but if aren't familiar with this story and you watch the trailer you'll be spoiled about a key part of it.