Type keyword(s) to search

Trailers & New Movies: Coming Soon to a Cinema Near You!

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Will Smith makes his Oscar bid:

Good God I hope not.  Who thought we needed a biopic of the father of Venus and Serena, and not Venus and Serena??  If Will was playing Richard in a supporting role, I would be all in, but not as the star.  

• Love 2
On 7/29/2021 at 9:14 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

Good God I hope not.  Who thought we needed a biopic of the father of Venus and Serena, and not Venus and Serena??  

Probably will Smith.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Is there a thread for cancelled projects? I don't remember seeing one. Either way, Die Hard 6 is gone. It bounced around for a while, but no one really committed to it. Then Disney bought Fox, and it got shoved onto the backburner.

Frankly, good. For multiple reasons. Director Len Wiseman is no more than average. Sure, Die Hard 4 was all right. But just all right. Not stellar. I'd rank it in third place of the Die Hard movies, above 2 and, shudder, 5.

Furthermore, I have no interest in watching any more action movies starring police. Not even old ones that I used to love. Not Die Hard, not Lethal Weapon, not Mad Max 1, not Dredd, not whatever else you can name.

I don't normally watch trailer as too much is given away in them, but when I watched "The Green Knight" the trailer for Lisa Joy's REMINISCENCE starring Hugh Jackman, Rebecca Ferguson and Thandie Newton played. 

As Joy and her husband Jonathan Nolan are behind WESTWORLD and like Joy, Jonah and Christopher Nolan they all enjoy their puzzle box storytelling I wonder how much of a mindscrew his would be. I'm getting "Strange Days" / "Inception"/ "Trancendence" vibes from this (what happened to Wally Pfster, anyway?).

3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Holy crap. Kristen Stewart just might pull this off. And it's from the director of Jackie so that's another plus.

I was just watching a news report from Afghanistan on ABC news, and they were driving a car on the streets of Kabul, and there were two Afghan guys holding this huge banner that said, "SPENCER".  Did the production company hire these guys to advertise this movie so that news cameras would pick up their banner?

On 8/26/2021 at 11:47 PM, AimingforYoko said:

Benedict Cumberbatch is not just screwing up universes this December, it looks like he's messing up people's lives on a smaller scale as well in Jane Campion's first movie in 12 years:

You know how some people complain if a trailer spoils the whole movie? I am not one of those people. I have not got a clue from this trailer what the movie is supposed to be about 😃. Only that it seems creepy.

Am I the only person in the world who doesn’t think Diana was the most interesting person on the planet?  She married the wrong guy when she was way too young, they both loused up their marriage, she did some very nice charitable work, and she died too early because she forgot to wear her seatbelt.  The documentaries and movies and television shows and continuing magazine covers and overall deification are exhausting.

• Love 6

I need to complain. Whoever is in charge of movie scheduling in Australia has completely lost the plot. Dune comes to streaming 22 October, right? Comes to Aussie screens 2 December. Same day as Ghostbusters: Afterlife, due in America on 19 November.

Matrix: Resurrections is due 22 December in America. While IMDB lists its Aussie date as 16 December, the actual cinemas around my way say 1 January.

James Bond: 8 October/11 November. Venom 1 October/25 November.

The Green Knight was never released here at all.

Yeah, we get MCU movies a day or two early, but the rest of this nonsense? I don't like it.

• Useful 1
20 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Well...Nicole doesn't look as bad as I thought she would as Lucy. Don't get me wrong, I respect the hell out of her, but I didn't think she was right to play Lucille Ball.

Still not sold on Javier.

But JK Simmons will be perfect.

I am also not sold on Javier.  I feel like he's going to skate by doing a caricature of Desi while Nicole gets skewered.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I am also not sold on Javier.  I feel like he's going to skate by doing a caricature of Desi while Nicole gets skewered.

I'm going to be shallow here:  he looks too old.  I have no idea who would have been better, but from the pictures I've seen and the quick shots of him in the trailer, he looks nothing like Desi Arnez.  In fact, I was wondering where Ricky was--it took me a minute to realize that was him.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Well...Nicole doesn't look as bad as I thought she would as Lucy. Don't get me wrong, I respect the hell out of her, but I didn't think she was right to play Lucille Ball.

Still not sold on Javier.

But JK Simmons will be perfect.

There is NOTHING in this trailer that convinces me that Nicole was the right choice. just nearly a minute of her being Lucille doing a voiceover? Please. And that wine stomping? PUHLEEEEEEEEZE.

Javier looks like he could be Desi's father. He's too...big. Or rather. Not skinny enough to play Desi. Desi wasn't stocky. And the hair is all wrong.

42 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I'm going to be shallow here:  he looks too old.  I have no idea who would have been better, but from the pictures I've seen and the quick shots of him in the trailer, he looks nothing like Desi Arnez.  In fact, I was wondering where Ricky was--it took me a minute to realize that was him.  

I'll be shallow right along with you. Nicole's voice is not gravelly enough; Like I posted upthread, Javier is too stocky and big around the waistline and Desi was on the slender side; and he doesn't have Desi's hairstyle, either.

The only thing Nicole has right is the hair color.

Yeah, I said it. And I don't care that Lucie and Desi, Jr (though I don't know if he likes this casting) are happy with the casting choices.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

There is NOTHING in this trailer that convinces me that Nicole was the right choice. just nearly a minute of her being Lucille doing a voiceover? Please. And that wine stomping? PUHLEEEEEEEEZE.

Javier looks like he could be Desi's father. He's too...big. Or rather. Not skinny enough to play Desi. Desi wasn't stocky. And the hair is all wrong.

I'll be shallow right along with you. Nicole's voice is not gravelly enough; Like I posted upthread, Javier is too stocky and big around the waistline and Desi was on the slender side; and he doesn't have Desi's hairstyle, either.

The only thing Nicole has right is the hair color.

Yeah, I said it. And I don't care that Lucie and Desi, Jr (though I don't know if he likes this casting) are happy with the casting choices.

You know what’s really pathetic? I still felt a bit of nostalgia at that rendition of the theme song.

Even more pathetic is while I KNOW Lucille and Desi weren’t that great of a couple in real life, I don’t want to spoil the illusion of Lucy and Ricky.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Like I posted upthread, Javier is too stocky and big around the waistline and Desi was on the slender side; and he doesn't have Desi's hairstyle, either.

I go a bit further and say he's not as handsome, either.

• Love 4

I respect Lucille Ball's talent and business savvy, but I cannot stand I Love Lucy and don't have any particular interest in their messy marriage.  So I am not the target audience for this, and have no idea if I'll ever get the eh, why not urge one night after it's on Prime and watch it.

So I don't have any protective or other strong feelings about this project, and still think that trailer looks incredibly meh.  Kidman doesn't sound anything like Ball, and that can be fine if over the course of the film itself she comes across with the spirit and presence of Ball.  But if you're going to cut a trailer that's just an actor speaking in first person as an entertainment icon, and the voice isn't even close, and I wouldn't have even known Javier Bardem was supposed to be Desi Arnaz if I just saw his clips on their own, I'm skeptical.

On the plus side, J.K. Simmons and Clark Gregg, but on the uh-oh side, it's Aaron Sorkin writing a female character, so that's an inevitable minefield.  My hunch is this will wind up being okay.  Nothing more, nothing less.

• Love 2

Uncharted trailer:

Look - I realize these type of movies are going to bend the laws of physics; completely ignoring the laws of physics (1:54) is what gets me upset, and takes me out of a scene.

14 hours ago, Trini said:

Look - I realize these type of movies are going to bend the laws of physics; completely ignoring the laws of physics (1:54) is what gets me upset, and takes me out of a scene.

Not a fan of the Fast & Furious series, I'm guessing?

• LOL 5