Type keyword(s) to search

Trailers & New Movies: Coming Soon to a Cinema Near You!

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, BetterButter said:

Bohemian Rhapsody 

Notice that the director isn't mentioned anywhere in that trailer? It's Bryan Singer, now on the outs. IMDB says that Dexter Fletcher is a co-director. Wikipedia says that it was originally his project, but he left, then came back after Singer got the boot. Maybe there should be a movie about the making of this movie.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

Destination Wedding. I'll be there on August 24!

OMG, I'm so there.  Seeing these two reunited after 26 years in a dry comedy that so fits both of them.  I'm in.

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:41 PM, ruby24 said:

Spike Lee's movie looks SO GOOD!! And by the way, it just got an ecstatic reaction from its premiere at the Cannes Film Festival. They're saying it's his best movie in decades!

There seems to be a certain "poetry" to this one.  Spike going back to his "roots" so to speak.  Jordan Peele producing, and starring Denzel Washington's son John David.  Unique mix of past and present.

• Love 1

This is still in its early stages, but the story of Shirley caught my eye, since Shirley Jackson was one of my favorite authors in college. Here's the story. 

I'm not sure about Elisabeth Moss as Jackson, though, since the real life Jackson was extremely overweight. They'd have to put her into an even bigger fat suit than she wore in Season One of Mad Men. I wish a plus sized character actress could play Jackson.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Jennifer Garner, looks like she's gotten enough double miles from Capitol One and is going back to her Alias roots:

This makes me very happy. I've always had a soft spot for Jennifer Garner and her Sydney Bristow.

I hope it's a good movie. If Liam Neeson can do this, why not her?

• Love 7

Ah! Beat me to it @VCRTracking 

I'm wary of the internet part and the fact that it might be a Disney commercial. But I did have fun with the princesses at the end. Especially Cinderella smashing the glass slipper. Staying optimistic. I don't know if there will be an amazing plot to explain why they're going into the internet but it could be fun for a sequel.

• Love 3

RE: All I See Is You

Weird vibes. Is this a drama or a horror movie? It's an interesting concept but it definitely looks like a dud.

RE: Only The Brave

LOL, what? I couldn't take the action movie style sequences seriously. Also, it totally lost me with "It's not easy sharing your man with the fire."

RE: Tragedy Girls

Lol at Josh Hutcherson still playing a high school student and also being the heartthrob. It feels a little awkward with them being so obsessed with social media (like this is something an adult wrote about teenagers) but I like the Heathers (original sauce) vibe. I might watch for the camp factor and the self awareness.

RE: November Criminals

Well, that's quite a twist on the white savior movie. Add it to a Lifetime movie and make the lead character a young boy instead of a middle-aged woman. Also, lol that his name is Addison. Were they going down the list alphabetically of whitest names? 

RE: Tomb Raider

She's so tiny. All I can think is Action Tinkerbell. It's cheesy but I guess it kind of makes sense if they're going for a video game aesthetic?

RE: Isle of Dogs

I mean, it's not particularly Japanese but I haven't seen the racist part yet. Maybe it's in the depiction of the "villains"? It looks like really good stop motion though. God bless the weirdos who are determined to keep that alive.

RE: Wonderstuck

I got bored. Couldn't finish the trailer.

RE: The Meyerowitz Stories 

I laughed at the scrabbling at the end but who is the market for these boring family dramedies?

RE: Ferdinand

This did relatively well, right? It looks terrible as a movie but the characters are pretty darn cute.

RE: Annihilation 

The computer generated lights and flowers are pretty. It's bad that I don't get any sense of a plot I care about and while there might be some nice design work, for the most part everything looks pretty bleak. How did they think they were going to get people to see this movie?

RE: The Killing of a Sacred Deer

So the kid wants this doctor to be with his mom and poisons (or whatever) the doctor's family? Bleh. What is with all these Lifetime movies thinking they're so artistic? 

RE: Anna and the Apocalypse

I didn't get enough sense of the music and I don't think it'll be able to overcome my dislike of horror.

RE: Maze Runner: The Death Cure

All these action movies seem like the same movie to me.

RE: COOK OFF!

I don't know how funny it will actually be. I'm generally not one for the awkward/cringey kind of comedy. But it's a pretty good bench of character actors. 

RE: Pacific Rim Uprising

Compared to the other action movies, I like that there's some color and brightness but that heavy orange/blue contrast pulls me right out of it. There's some very cool design work in the mech suits and the technology. 

RE: Paddington 2

I know this has a lot of fans. The silly humor (toothbrushes, window washing, etc.) doesn't work for me but I kind of want to see Hugh Grant in this.

RE: Peter Rabbit

I don't get it. It seems like all these movies. The chipmunks, the smurfs... Every time they try to take classic IP and make it appeal to modern audiences by making it gross, crass, mean, etc. I will say the animals look adorable. They've definitely mastered getting past the uncanny valley thing.

RE: Father Figures

Not good.

• Love 2

I loved the original A Star is Born with Fredric March.  I enjoyed the first remake with Judy Garland and couldn’t stomach the second remake.  Now we are on the third remake?!?  Good chance I will just go back to Fredric.

• Love 2

That's a hell of a cast for Widows. I'm looking forward to it.

A Star Is Born looks pretty, if generic. I could see this being Bradley Cooper's Oscar ticket though -- playing an aging, alcoholic artist? That's catnip for the Academy, and he'll probably get points from a lot of voters for directing it himself too.

• Love 2

A Star Is Born is the type of project Gaga would take very seriously.  Doesn't mean it or she will be good but at least no one will be able to say that she was coasting on her fame.  Agree that the Academy will likely go nuts for Cooper unless the movie tanks hard.

The Old Man and The Gun looks interesting.  Redford can still turn on the charm and I found myself shipping him and Sissy.  Come to think of it, I haven't watched any Redford in a while so I thank this trailer for reminding me to do so. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, festivus said:

They remade A Star is Born again? My initial reaction was No! but who am I kidding, I'm gonna watch it. Someday.

That was my initial reaction too - not another one!  Then I watched the trailer.  Yeah, they got me.  Well, they got me for when it's available to stream somewhere.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Come to think of it, I haven't watched any Redford in a while so I thank this trailer for reminding me to do so. 

Netflix has “Our Souls at Night,” which reunites Redford and Jane Fonda.  It is a lovely, quiet film.  Watch his reaction every time she says he is a good man.  I loved it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

Netflix has “Our Souls at Night,” which reunites Redford and Jane Fonda.  It is a lovely, quiet film.  Watch his reaction every time she says he is a good man.  I loved it.

I agree, it's beautiful.

Why did they have to hire Casey Affleck for The Old Mand and the Gun, though? Now, I don't want to watch it.

And I love me some Redford.

4 hours ago, BetterButter said:

THE GIRL IN THE SPIDER'S WEB

THE GIRL IN THE SPIDER’S WEB – International Teaser Trailer

As someone who watched the first two seasons of The Crown, Claire Foy is the goods. I can't wait to see it.

RE: A Star is Born

I definitely feel like Bradley Cooper is playing a character. I thought Gaga was fine until she starts to sing and then she's instantly Lady Gaga. My suspension of disbelief flies out the window. I thought they were both country acts so it's weird that she seems to be a female drag performer (bioqueen, whatever you want to call it). Aside from him drinking, it doesn't seem a ton like A Star is Born to me. It feels more like a mashup of Country Strong and a plotline on Nashville. I will eventually watch this but almost definitely not in a theater. 

RE: Serenity

This is bad, right? I know there's supposed to be an Anne Hathaway renaissance to go with the McConaughsance but this looks bad. Or at least mediocre. Like, it wants to be an old fashioned noir or at least one of those detective/crime novels and at best it's a few steps up from a Lifetime movie in terms of the material (obviously the acting and production values are better). 

RE: Christopher Robin

Um... what now? Is this Hook but with Winnie the Pooh in place of Tinkerbell?

RE: Tully

The most confusing part of this trailer to me was whether Charlize Theron's character is married to Mark Duplas or Ron Livingston who look alike enough that I thought maybe I was hallucinating that they were two different actors. I think Diablo Cody's writing is fine but I'm never wowed. And this one is more on the... United States of Tara side than the Juno/Young Adult side I prefer. I feel like it wants to be universal but I'm very conscious that well, they're very white. 

RE: Sorry to Bother You

I'm kind of into it. I think David Cross is doing the voice. My one issue is that's so unnatural. But I'm kind of into the loopy vibe of this one. I just hope its message lives up to the way it's being presented.

RE: Can You Ever Forgive Me?

Into it. I can't really explain what separates the bad Hollywood biopic with big celebs from the good Hollywood biopic with big celebs. I never lost the sense that this was Melissa McCarthy but I think the slightly off-kilter vibe is different from the typical glossy based on a true story movie. It has (not a lot but) some personality. 

RE: Tag

It looks dumb but Hannibal made me laugh 3 times so... I might catch this on Netflix.