Type keyword(s) to search

The Millionaire Matchmaker - General Discussion

• Start Topic

"You know me from Thicker Than Water is a phrase which doesn't seem to make sense in the English language.  Is this person supposed to be a celebrity (or god forbid, an actual millionaire)?

Well what do I know?  Google/Wiki-Fu says the show actually gets 2 million viewers.  I guess somebody is watching it and knows who this person actually is.

I'm laughing like hell though in retrospect at Patti feeling this woman out about how "men have used her in the past for fame" when that same Google-Fu says the show's only in it's second season.  So when exactly did this all happen again?

As for B-story guy, I certainly got a tool vibe off of him almost immediately. "Shawt wit big boobs!"  Right.  And this guy doesn't seem like a millionaire either, but he's not even a celeb (or is he and we're supposed to know him?)

Edited by Kromm

So they invited the Devil onto this show and somehow it actually wound up boring?

And man that HD closeup of her in the initial interview did her no favors.  Crater city with those pores.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

This show has just become a PR device for the rest of the Bravo lineup. All the restaurants in LA, and those two dinner dates were held at Villa Blanca and Sur? What a coincidence!!

• Love 2

Is Patty still with that guy? You know the one she was engaged to that had that weird brow bone.

He looked somewhere between cro-magnon and neanderthal and like he had just discovered fire. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
What the hell did Taylor Dane do to her face?

Came here to say Taylor has major man face. That is all.

When I first saw her before they flashed her name I thought she was Marysol Patton with crazy botox.  I was like, Marysol is back on already? 

Marysol - http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/pc/Marysol+Patton+Real+Housewives+Miami+Premiere+cFJpVC0rzA1l.jpg

Taylor - http://static1.purepeople.com/articles/6/13/61/06/@/1377515-taylor-dayne-beverly-hills-100th-950x0-1.jpg

It's a shame.  Taylor used to be so pretty.  http://worleygig.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/taylor-dayne-love-will-lead-yo-222372.jpg

She's getting real close to looking like Mama Elsa right here.  http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Taylor+Dayne+Mega+Python+Vs+Gatoroid+New+York+6Fx9vz_hmfsl.jpg

Am I the only one who thought Patti's caterwauling was horrible?  And why is it that every non singer who thinks they can sing always choose Amazing Grace to demonstrate their lack of talent with?  Don't quit your day job Patti.  smh

Edited by swankie
  • Love 1

Anyone catch Patti on WWHL?  Does Andy produce her show?  Is that why he was pushing it so hard?  He was being extremely phony-nice to her.  Man, he must totally hate her guts.  I must admit I am a bit curious to see what a trainwreck Dina Lohan is gonna be.

I forgot about Patti singing.  Maybe that is a good thing as it was pretty bad.  I thought she was being funny with her wobble wailing but when I realized she was serious I cringed.

Glad the these two actually liked their dates and are still seeing each other.  You could feel the chemistry between Kenya and her date but was not too sure about the other two.  He seemed kind of forward with all the kissing.  I did not think she was all that into it.  Maybe it was doing it on camera that made her uncomfortable.

I don't know about ya'll but if I'm in a meeting with a professional I've hired to address the level of services so far and I tell him I'm unhappy with how things are going and then this 6 foot 2, 230 pound man responds to that by becoming physically agitated, escalating his body language and raising his voice telling me I'm about to be checked?  I do believe that the very least that will happen is I would respond by asking him:  by whom?   I don't wanna sound all judgey here, I just kind of hate the idea that a woman demonstrating that she will not be intimidated constitutes bitchiness.

I am in no way defending the party planner, but Sheree wasn't paying him.  I think he was doing it as a promotional for his party planning business and didn't bank on Sheree's demands being so expensive.  She actually wanted him to hire a helicopter to deliver her to her party.  He wasn't about to spend that amount of money that he wasn't going to be reimbursed for.  When she started to question his party planning skills he acted like a jackass and lost it.  Totally unprofessional, but Sheree was being unreasonable also.  She knew she wasn't paying for his services.  I think she was taking advantage of the situation since it wasn't coming out of her pocket.

• Love 1

Am I the only one who thought Patti's caterwauling was horrible?  And why is it that every non singer who thinks they can sing always choose Amazing Grace to demonstrate their lack of talent with?  Don't quit your day job Patti.  smh

Dear Lord, please forgive Patti for believing her own shtick. I give Patti's SAD Mariah imitation a big fat zero.  So embarrassing.  And Taylor Dane needs to get off of Patti's pecker.  It was painful.  So very painful.

• Love 1

WTF is wrong with Dina anyway?  Is she always stumbling around drunk?  Doing lines of coke with Lindsay?  Permanently hooked on cocktail combos of who knows what meds?  The woman just seemed seriously messed up.  Man, her date really bugged me.  He was way too slick & chatty & upbeat in a fakey way & was just generally trying too hard.  Just seriously annoying as fuck.  I kinda wanted to kick him in the teeth.  But Dina looked way too buzzed.  Eh, another day in the life for ole Dina.  But seriously, what's worse than going on a date with some clown who interviews you?  Ugh.  

But didn't that happen on Peter's date too?  Is it my imagination or were both Peter & his date botoxed to oblivion?  Must be very hard to be a gay man in LA over 40, if you don't believe in botox.  Maybe they don't exist?  Well, at least not in Patti's world.

I didn't get anything truthful on what Peter is about.  He seemed to be bullshitting a lot.  And he seemed to have absolutely no sexual chemistry with his date -- Miss Full-Facelift of 2015.  Once again, another show that went nowhere.  Thanks for nothing, Patti.  Wonder how ratings will be cuz there was no connection to Atlanta or that shitty Heels show I'll never watch.

Oh wait -- there's Jill Zarin showing up completely out of the blue.  Er, huh?  What the what?  Now, c'mon.  What in the fuckety fuck is behind this?  She's the bestie of Dina Lohan???  I don't believe it for a second.  There is something going on that we're not being told about.  My theory is, Andy is testing her out to see how she behaves & if he thinks she's tolerable, he might, just might, let her back on NY Ho'wives.  So did she pass Andy's test?  That's the real question.  I'm not so sure.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

Dina, even though she is a coked up disaster, may be the smartest person to ever appear on this show.  She could not move past the complete fakery of the entire concept and got nervous and walked out.  When is she going to rehab?

Peter Marc Jacobson is hot for 57... I was shocked.  He and Fran were a nice counterpoint to the insanity that is Lohan.

What's going on with Patti's two-toned chest? It's all I see when she's doing a TH in a low-cut shirt. She would rip a girl apart if the girl came to a mixer looking like that.

Fran seems awesome, though I could never live with that laugh.

Dina seemed to just have very self-esteem. I really know nothing about her her other than her being Lindsay's mom. Maybe she's not used to the spotlight???

Edited by woodscommaelle
Peter Marc Jacobson is hot for 57... I was shocked.  He and Fran were a nice counterpoint to the insanity that is Lohan.

I agree, he does look pretty good -- altho he's got the same nose job my sister (and half the teenage girls in Long Island) got in high school 25 years ago.  His choices for potential dates?  Yuck.  Sheesh, Patti is horrible with fixing up anyone gay.  I liked seeing Fran.  Hearing her is another story.

Dina, I have no words that have not been said.  What a mess. She was even worse on Dr Phil.   I thought Dina's date did a fabulous job trying to calm her down. Yes, he is slick but she needed that and so did Patti if she wanted her to finish the date!   Dina trying to whisper at the table was ridiculous.  She is another one who needs to lose the extensions but that is the least of her problems, granted. 

Loved the boys, I thought they were a good match and would gladly be friends with either.  Fran Drescher is adorable.  

Patti, it is time to show these marriages you claim to have created.  

• Love 1

well Taylor Dane is 52 and is a "star" so had a lot of work done. It looks like a face that has had work done.  She is a royal bitch who thinks she is all that. I also think Kenya is being played, lol.

I agree, he does look pretty good -- altho he's got the same nose job my sister (and half the teenage girls in Long Island) got in high school 25 years ago.  His choices for potential dates?  Yuck.  Sheesh, Patti is horrible with fixing up anyone gay.  I liked seeing Fran.  Hearing her is another story.

Ha! I know that nose! (I'm from LI). There was definitely a popular nose style back in the day. I have a couple of cousin's with it, too.  

Dina looks like she got herself a fresh new facelift and some bad overly white, too big veneers. Jeesh, when will these celebs learn. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 1

Dina's date reminded me of various Ryan Stile characters on Who's Line is it Anyway.... he went from smarmy to condescending to sappy -- sometimes in the same sentence!!

This show is never coming back. I feel like this seasons was a big ol' FUCK YOU to Bravo. Or maybe it was an EFF YOU to Patti ("okay, you can come back but WE pick the guests!")

• Love 1

THIS is the finale?  Nice justification to bring this show back.  Of course, who would think that having Dina Lohan on the show would be something other than a trainwreck.  Cringe-worthy.  Does anyone think her date was anything other than an acting gig for some down and out actor? 

• Love 3

Dina seemed to just have very self-esteem. I really know nothing about her her other than her being Lindsay's mom. Maybe she's not used to the spotlight???

Dina's putting on an act then.  She's a coked up disaster, the worst influence her daughter ever had, and she craves the spotlight constantly, and hard.

• Love 3

This show has just become a PR device for the rest of the Bravo lineup. All the restaurants in LA, and those two dinner dates were held at Villa Blanca and Sur? What a coincidence!!

No shit. And I miss the days when this show was about random rich but ugly businessmen looking for a trophy wife. Now it's all D-list celebs I don't care about. Yawn. Too much plastic surgery in every episode too. Painful to look at. Patti's mangled face is plenty enough.

• Love 1

I couldn't help but notice the ads in heavy rotation featuring "Procurement Patty" interviewing the stars of some romantic movie and acting like it was the actors, not the chars they played, who were in love and acting like she had something to do with their successful relationship.

I couldn't tell if Dina's inability to talk in complete sentences and converse like a normal human being was years of coke damage or that she's just not smart enough to have a conversation with an adult.  Whatever the case, no one would want to be around her for more than one date unless they are famewhores.

I thought Jill Zarin looked fabulous.

They were trying to play off Dina's mannerisms as her being intimidated/insecure and later as her being pissed at the cameras.

But it's the same thing as her daughter--who after all learned at the (coked out) feet of her mother.  Dina bounces between being manic, depressive, angry, and while the show might have deliberately cloaked her manner to suggest some kind of shyness, that's a big fucking lie when considered against her ENTIRE life before this one episode of one show.  She's an attention whore, just like Lindsay, and a drama queen, with an edge shredded by drugs and creating a loss of emotional control that's going to come out randomly and strongly.  

• Love 2

THIS is the finale?

I have to admit I only made it through one whole episode this season and that was the one with Jill Zarin and her daughter. And that was only because I like Jill ( and she does look fabulous). When did they decide to make the show about D list Patti fixing up a bunch of D list guests (and for many, D list would be a compliment). I wonder what the rating were like? The format was a big bore to me.

This show could be so much better if she took her matchmaker title seriously and really did set up some people who had a chance.  If Married at First Sight had 2 out of the three couples stay together Patti has a shot to get some successes, if she put her mind to it,  

Anyone catch Patti on WWHL? Does Andy produce her show? Is that why he was pushing it so hard? He was being extremely phony-nice to her. Man, he must totally hate her guts. I must admit I am a bit curious to see what a trainwreck Dina Lohan is gonna be.

Good call. Looks like Patti has quit Bravo, and Radar is blaming her tension with Andy.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/patti-stanger-quit-millionaire-matchmaker-andy-cohen/

Some fascinating reading here. But I'll admit it: I still watch the show and am looking forward to seeing it return. It's in Vegas now? And the Hello Kitty lady is coming back? I'm there! Personally, I think they need Patty to help over at Married at First Sight. Just asking, "Who's your celebrity crush?" would probably help that show quite a bit!

So Patty's rule is to date your age range, ten years older or younger, but she breaks this rule for her clients when it suits her. Her 45 yr old gay male friend usually dates 25yr olds and Patty went on and on about how disgusting he is. She even demanded that he leave and never come back when he wasn't attracted to either of her two "matches" for him.

Then in the very next episode she sets up a 51 yr old man with a 28 yr old woman. In this same episode she interviewed a potential date that confirmed her age gap rule. He said he only dates within 10 years above or below and he learned that from her. Of course she applauds him for taking her advice and then promptly creates a sugar daddy situation for her client. Wtf? Which is it?

Bravo cancelled her show.  WE gave her an offer & she grabbed it.  Can't blame her, but WE is pretty much the bottom of the barrel for reality shows -- which is sinking pretty darn low to begin with.  The format is stale.  She's doing what she did before -- and man, it's really stale.  Mohawk Destin & his wife are back & yet they seem to disappear & re-appear randomly.  

I don't have the stomach to watch for more than a few seconds, so I don't have the interest to list eps.  But Patti is back in full force with her same ole shticks.  She bashes people for wanting to date much younger & yet sometimes she will set up some with much younger dates.  I wonder if she's still gonna beat the shit outta women for not having stick straight hair.  That was another shtick of hers I never understood -- that she thought ONLY women with straight hair were attractive to men.  God, what an idiot.

I noticed in previews, the plus-size Hello Kitty woman is back & Patti is putting her looks down.  Ah, we sure can depend on Patti for ugly stuff.  Eh, I'll pass.  

Btw, the title of this show makes no sense.  Guess they were trying to get as close as they could (legally) to the title of the Bravo show, but it makes no sense.  Are we supposed to believe Patti's getting a million bucks for her services?  Ha!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

Oh, I'll admit to watching it. Patti is really over the top but I think most of that is performance for TV. She does have pretty good advice sometimes, especially about women behaving in far too masculine a manner and then wondering why they can't find a man who loves them. 

Of course, I also watch Married at First Sight and 90-Day Financial I mean Fiance, so what do I know? ;)

• Love 2

Too funny.  Patti's right hand Charlene told one of the girls who flipped her the bird that she didn't want her to get up because she would change her world was the funniest threat with security on hand that I heard on reality tv in a long time.  What was Charlene going to do to change that woman's world, get a restraining order becuz she was given the finger?  Girl, bye! 

• Love 3
On 8/5/2016 at 11:13 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

I wonder if she's still gonna beat the shit outta women for not having stick straight hair.  That was another shtick of hers I never understood -- that she thought ONLY women with straight hair were attractive to men.  God, what an idiot.

Oh yeah, and remember she hated redheads, too. What a POS. Still single, too, I see. That speaks volumes for her "work". A real testament to her success. That is one woman who is the luckiest bitch on earth for ever getting a show, for being on TV,  and ever getting rich off of said show because she has no discerning talent what so ever. 

• Love 4

Okay, I know anyone who goes on this show pretty much DESERVES what they get, but even so... I gotta feel sorry for her. This won't be pretty.

Patty is not the person to go see by the way, if one of your problems is wearing too much makeup. I will say again though (as I did in one of the other stories about Ashley) that she looks like she's actually pretty when she's not crying, and less of the goop is on her face.

I've always had the idea that Ashley was smarter and more together than she appears on TV, and that she just acts kind of crazy in order to get more TV time.   If so, then I say Go For It.  She's entertaining in a pathetic way, and its working. 

However, I'm starting to come to the conclusion that she really IS just like she appears on-screen.  In that case, I really wish a family member or a friend would step in and get her off the air as soon as possible.  If she's really that messed up, being on TV is not going to make her any saner (or happier), and she's just embarrassing herself.

Also, as noted above, "less is more" when it comes to make-up, Ashley!

I'm not finding Patti's new show very intriguing or interesting. I liked the Bravo version better but that's just personal taste.One of the aspects of MM when it was on Bravo was the fact that there were more choices for the millionaires.

But I'll definitely watch the episode with the "hello kitty" woman (entrepreneur from NYC) who is completely bat shit crazy. After that, I doubt I'll tune in.

• Love 2