Type keyword(s) to search

Shameless Fame Whores: Sister Wives in the Media

• Start Topic

If it didn't have the Santa Clause part, I might think so but I'm not sure.  When did the faaaamily find out the truth?  September?  End of June is quite awhile away.  Also, did Meri know Sam as Batman in any fashion or that he really liked him or is that just the name of his/her sick blog?  If not, then Kody wouldn't know anything about Sam using the name Batman.   

Here are some of the replies to that Tweet.   I am wondering if they knew the affair was really a lesbian woman or if they still thought it was a man.

Rebecca Jones ‏@stories4rebecca  Jul 10
@realkodybrown Are you possibly jealous of Meri's close Twitter frriend?

✌❤❤❤ ‏@BichlerLaura  Jul 12
@realkodybrown that batman twitter guy IS hot..lol

Yvette ‏@knittyup  Jul 23
@BichlerLaura @realkodybrown He really isn't! Ever watch #CatfishMTV ?

Yvette ‏@knittyup  Jul 22
@realkodybrown That Batman guy is catfishing! He is known for being a con artist!

There are more replies and can be read at   https://twitter.com/realkodybrown/status/615263398046011392?lang=en

• Love 2

To the surprise of absolutely no one, several sites are saying that the focus of next season will be Robyn, the new baby girl, and how Kody assimilates Robyn's kids into the family.  

I wish I watched so I could stop watching.  

Here is a link to one of the articles: http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/76918/20151203/sister-wives-takes-focus-off-extended-brown-family-centers-on-robyn-brown-baby-for-season-7.htm

• Love 6

"The season will also likely focus on Kody Brown's new status as legal parent to Robyn's three children from a prior marriage, Dayton, Breanna and Aurora.

'Usually when a plural family goes into a court room they are tearing apart a family so we were really nervous going in,' explained Robyn Brown to People of the family approaching the adoption as a cohesive union."

Robyn--just WTF are you referring to here?? Are you referring to the raid on Short Creek over SIXTY YEARS AGO? Or maybe you're referring to the raid on Warren Jeffs' compound of horror? Stop pretending you are a glorious martyr for the faith.

You're simply a Y-list pseudo-celebrity who has put your life and the personal lives of your children on display for public consumption. No one is after you. No one is trying to bust up your dance party. Outside of a few gullible leg-humpers, the only ones who actually pay any attention to you are those waiting to see if Kody will bump you for a fifth (fingers crossed) and how deep you will dig your financial hole while the money is flowing.

• Love 13

Ugh. I've probably said this before, but there is no doubt in my mind that the value of this "family" to Robyn is the validation she gets from stealing all of Kody's attention away from his other wives and children. Kody is just a pawn in her bitchy, dysfunctional little power game and he's too dumb to realize it. 

• Love 6

Based on the financial insecurity and flighty behavior pre-TLC, I do believe that if their TV show was about to be cancelled, Kody would suddenly have a testimony to marry a fifth wife. They pretend it's a sacred choice, but I seriously think they would go there in desperation. Or maybe it's just my deep desire to watch that happen...

• Love 7

Unless something else happens, I think next season will be the last. Even though last season focused primarily on Robyn, people watched to see how Meri was behaving in light of the catfish incident. I don't think people will be willing to watch another season of "The Robyn and Kody Family Hour". If TL C wants this show to last, they better get the focus off of Robyn.

I think Christine will "divorce" Kody and we'll see the 'I'm free' storyline that Meri should have allowed to be filmed.
  • Love 2

I think Christine will "divorce" Kody and we'll see the 'I'm free' storyline that Meri should have allowed to be filmed.

I dunno. It must be heart-wrenching to think of never running your fingers through Kody's stallion-like mane ever again.

• Love 7

None of them will leave Kody. Ever. They may come to an unspoken agreement to coexist, because it isn't that much of a jump from what they have now- their relationships are to make Kody happy, and he may allow them to go out to pasture, but they won't leave. If they had enough self esteem to leave they wouldn't tolerate things as they are now. As much as I enjoy snarking on the show, I look forward to it ending, for the selfish satisfaction of knowing they will be in a financial quandary. I kind of feel like we should mass boycott the show for choosing to use Meri's Catfishing as a ratings ploy instead of taking legal action and making an attempt to protect potential victims of JO.

• Love 1

None of them will leave Kody. Ever. They may come to an unspoken agreement to coexist, because it isn't that much of a jump from what they have now- their relationships are to make Kody happy, and he may allow them to go out to pasture, but they won't leave. If they had enough self esteem to leave they wouldn't tolerate things as they are now. As much as I enjoy snarking on the show, I look forward to it ending, for the selfish satisfaction of knowing they will be in a financial quandary. I kind of feel like we should mass boycott the show for choosing to use Meri's Catfishing as a ratings ploy instead of taking legal action and making an attempt to protect potential victims of JO.

I want to see them reach the end of their tv earnings, too. But only after Kody takes a fifth. I really, really want to watch that--and I don't even watch this show anymore.

Robyn's kids have been part of their family for five? six? years now. If they've not been assimilated into that family, that's all on the five "adults." Shame on them if a piece of paper meant that much to them.

Especially ridiculous given their emphasis on spiritual marriage, sealing, religious freedom and this and that and their whole gubermint don't tread on me BS, but they are the first to run to the secular welfare office, bankruptcy court or courthouse to seek whatever official validation they need to suit their narrative/purposes at any given moment. 

I hope that spoiler is a lie because I can't take a full season of french bread chin at the forefront. Maddie is getting married so I don't doubt that will get some play. What I want most to see is how Kody and Meri deal with this - which they probably won't. At most, Kody will get his most validating therapist on retainer to tell him none of this was his fault. End of story. 

• Love 4

Maybe his relationships with the Not Robyns are so screwed up he's afraid to film them. Or maybe he just doesn't see the Not Robyns that much anymore. Either way, I don't know if having another baby and Robyn's daughter drenching it with her attention tears, is going to get us through another season. It doesn't sound that compelling.

• Love 1

Not about the Browns, per se...but sort of. I'm re-watching Big Love again, and I can completely see why Kody et al would be enamored with it (if the rumors are true), despite the overt sexual stuff. I was hooked on Big Love from way back when it started, but somehow having watched the Klown circus has deepened my appreciation for how very, very RIGHT they got Big Love. It's brilliant. And, given the Brown's collective tendency to live in fantasy land, I think Kody ABSOLUTELY sees himself as Bill Henrickson--only better, because hair. And dancing. And FOUR wives.

• Love 1

From the article, "He's extremely controlling, " explains a Kody insider. "He wants to make sure the wives are in line with what he wants and needs. He really believes women are there to serve a man and tend to the family." The insider continues: "No one is happy in the sister wives' home. Kody is a chauvinistic pig. He barely spends time with the kids and it's such a big deal when he does. He really only wants to hang with Robyn. There's a ton of tension. He's a total bully. It's miserable behind closed doors.

Article says the original 3 are all ready to leave.

"Meri has told a lot of lies," a source close to her says. "And it's not just about this situation, but over the years, she's had problems with the truth. So a lot of people don't believe her version of what happened with Sam and think there's even more to it."

"Kody spends all his time at Robyn's house," says a source close to Meri. (Robyn is due with her and Kody's second child on Jan. 7) "He stays there as late as possible, and if it's another wife's house date, he will go over there at 10, 11, 12 at night and is back in Robyn's bed at 6 a.m."

But Robyn may find herself left out one day soon. Kody has made it clear that he wants a wife No. 5- and he wants her to be a teenager! "There was a gal who was 16 or 17 and Kody was trying to marry her," a source close to the sister wives tells In Touch. "Meri was nuts about it. Her jealousy in part drove the teenager away."

..."He has no problem marrying young girls. He's been a witness to these young brides marrying elders countless times." says the source close to the sister wives, adding that at one time, two of the women Kody hoped to bring into the family fold were just 15 and 17. "He was considering it before he married Robyn, and the other wives were like, 'No way- that's not happening!" Adds the Kody insider; "He just doesn't care that his wives don't want to add any more women into the marriage and basically says, 'This is my decision, not yours.' "

• Love 5

This is consistent with the face he presented in the last tell-all. I commented earlier as to how the expression on his face when any of them were asked a question was threatening in a non-verbal manner.

• Love 2
I think the article is stretching the truth, but not too far is my guess.

It certainly sounds like a lot of what we have witnessed or speculated about but I always have issues with "says a source close to X".  Heck, that could be the mailman, hair dresser, or car mechanic for all we know.  Gossip rags do tend to stretch the truth pretty thin.

• Love 1

It certainly sounds like a lot of what we have witnessed or speculated about but I always have issues with "says a source close to X". Heck, that could be the mailman, hair dresser, or car mechanic for all we know. Gossip rags do tend to stretch the truth pretty thin.

In my head, it is one of the kids with Logan being my source of choice.

It certainly sounds like a lot of what we have witnessed or speculated about but I always have issues with "says a source close to X". Heck, that could be the mailman, hair dresser, or car mechanic for all we know. Gossip rags do tend to stretch the truth pretty thin.

The Browns grace the cover of InTouch this week, but, alas, I was standing in the wrong line of the supermarket to check it out. Did anybody see it?

Oh I was snagged.  I bought it.  If In Touch is to be believed, it's crumbling around them, Kody is a tyrant and all the wives (well the original recipe) want OUT.  

• Love 1

Kody has made it clear that he wants a wife No. 5- and he wants her to be a teenager!

I don't believe this for a SECOND.  No way in HELL would TLC have anything to do with this family again if that were to happen, especially since they were so quick to can The Duggars.  Plus the Browns have always tried to distance themselves from that type of polygamy. A 5th wife, perhaps, but definitely age appropriate.  Plus, In Touch is a ridiculous magazine that has little to do with the truth.  Jen Anniston has been pregnant at least 10 times according to that magazine.

• Love 3

Actually, TLC took several months to cancel the Duggars and it was only after the second scandal and a blatant attempt to trot out two of the molestees and have them try to convince the viewing public that being fondled by your brother is no big deal. They're still trying to inch them back onto the air.

Now the BooBoo clan got canned really fast. It was probably in part because it was the first scandal, ratings for that show were down, and June was lying about moving in with the newly-paroled guy who molested her own daughter.

At this point, I doubt there exists a level so low that TLC wouldn't stoop to it, although if wife #5 were a minor I suspect the FCC might step in. But an 18-year-old? I can see that happening.

• Love 1

I saw this at the check stand and I wonder how many fellow shoppers laughed at the huge double-take I did.

I somehow can't believe Kody wants to marry a child - or really, anyone else. His bond with Robin seems so all-encompassing. If by some chance he did try to acquire a teenager, I wonder what the kids would do/think.

Let's hope some fool isn't trying to make "Kody marries stepdaughter" happen.

I really don't want to go there, but I'm a weak person and I can't help myself.

Kody has said before that no one woman can satisfy his needs. Since he is such a studly stud, maybe a new wife that's younger than HIS DAUGHTERS is just what he needs. He put the original recipe wives out to pasture a long time ago.

The famewhore force is strong with this one. Anything to keep the paycheck coming.

But if the teenage marriage does happen, the backlash will be interesting to see.

I have to go now. I need to wash my brain with brain bleach. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

Maybe Kody should marry 3 at a time.

TLC had this wacko (at least they are consistant) show on last night, The Bible Bowl.   A screwed up game show for religious zealots.

I was thinking these daughters might be great for Kody.

Bible-Bowl.jpg

"While acknowledging that Utah County Attorney Jeffrey Buhman did not explicitly have such a policy in his office, the state insisted that a decision had been made not to prosecute the Browns — unless the investigation found evidence of welfare fraud, spousal or child abuse."

Eight words that I reckon make the Browns' blood run cold. Oh Santa, never mind that new monitor. THIS.

• Love 7

I'm not sure the new law is constitutional. Trying to change the legal definition of "bigamy" is a bit ridiculous. Basically, if you legally are married to more than one person, that's bigamy. "Purporting to marry" - what the heck does that mean? You either have a license or you don't.

• Love 2