Type keyword(s) to search

Shameless Fame Whores: Sister Wives in the Media

• Start Topic

Trying to keep the 'persecution drama' rolling:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/10/10/appeals-court-will-review-ruling-regarding-polygamy/

And another one, perhaps ironically from 'Venture Capital Post':

http://www.vcpost.com/articles/30549/20141029/sister-wives-cast-news.htm

Important questions yet unanswered:

http://www.bustle.com/articles/50070-sister-wives-season-6-needs-to-answer-these-5-questions

Edited by MargDelahunty

I'm taking suggestions for pithy titles.  Leave them below.

Sister Wives in the Media -- Taking a Public Stand Against Monogamy, One Wife at a Time

I am decidedly unclever.

That said, the new season fills me with horrid glee.

• Love 1

Be still my heart. TLC has found another Mormon marriage spectacle for our viewing entertainment:

http://www.thewrap.com/tlc-to-air-my-husbands-not-gay-special-in-january-video/

Shouldn't that be "My Husband's bisexual"? Which if you were actually ok with it would be no big deal and TLC would have no footage, so I suspect its going to be "I think my husband's gay and married me because our church said so and I secretly hate it". It would be more interesting to me if the women were also lesbians having a marriage to a man for cultural reasons as well. As it is, having seen some Mormon "I'm gay but married a woman whom I totally love" videos I can smell the disaster from here.

Just a heads up: they are airing three new episodes back to back to back this Sunday night.  Not sure if they're trying to burn them off quickly going up against the Golden Globes or what.  But set your DVRs accordingly.

• Love 1

Just a heads up: they are airing three new episodes back to back to back this Sunday night.  Not sure if they're trying to burn them off quickly going up against the Golden Globes or what.  But set your DVRs accordingly.

On my on screen guide, it shows that the first two hours are just a repeat of the two hours we watched last Sunday, and only one new one-hour episode.

I just saw this online and I have to say I'm not at all surprised. This is going to bring up the ratings for sure, considering the show is 90% "planning for an event of the season" I wonder if they will have a divorce/marriage party next season haha. Meri and Robyn seem to be the closest so I can't say I'm shocked she agreed to this. I feel like Christine is going to be the most hurt out of all of them from this decision, she seems more into Cody than he is into her- almost like she's trying to retain her "pretty, young wife" role from pre-Robyn days. 

This is really giving me the feeling that it is a publicity stunt to get ratings up, viewers can only find so many graduation/birthday ceremonies entertaining. 

• Love 1

It is true!

I find this on the Clark Co. Navada recorders website

Party Type First Party Name First Cross Party Name Instrument # Document Type Modifier Record Date Parcel # Remarks Total Value
From BROWN, KODY WINN BROWN, ROBYN ALICE 201412120002780 MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE   12/12/2014 3:48:45 PM     $0.00

• Love 1

Looks like another pointless snooze fest. How much do they care what others think? Not at all.

So very true... but I did forget my favorite of the stupid quotes from the article.... 

Christine, who had to hide her polygamist upbringing as a child, attempts to set some ground rules. “Our intention is probably just the same as you -- to just establish some sort of an understanding before we embark on this. Because this is pretty serious to us because usually when we invite people into our home, they’re people we already know,” she shares.

They invite cameras, crew, and the whole nation into their homes. That's what a reality TV show is. Exactly how does she see that as only inviting people they already know??? It's like she knows a comment like that makes her sound worried and protective which we are supposed to believe comes from her "persecution" so she just spouts it even when it makes absolutely no sense. 

• Love 4

Not sure where this should go, but the mystery of why Trainer Sean has disappeared from the show AND from MSWC has been solved - he's left his wife, you know the wife that he LOVED so much - and his two little boys -  to shack up with a 22 year old girl.  I think that might just make him an even bigger idiot than Kody. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155161222275327&set=a.10150461200255327.648901.599125326&type=1&theater

Of course, Janelle is great friends with the soon-to-be-former Mrs. H, so...ahem.

Guess it's different for us boring monogamists huh.

• Love 1

Not sure where this should go, but the mystery of why Trainer Sean has disappeared from the show AND from MSWC has been solved - he's left his wife, you know the wife that he LOVED so much - and his two little boys -  to shack up with a 22 year old girl.  I think that might just make him an even bigger idiot than Kody. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155161222275327&set=a.10150461200255327.648901.599125326&type=1&theater

Of course, Janelle is great friends with the soon-to-be-former Mrs. H, so...ahem.

Guess it's different for us boring monogamists huh.

Oh crud, DJ, 8:30 in the morning and I'm sitting here with the creeping all-overs. THAT PHOTO...oh god, that photo. Dude is taking one right out of the polyg playbook. What odds would you lay that he tried to work his now-ex around to the Kodyworld way of thinking. (And what kind of rocks does that girl have in HER head? I've seen Sean...um, no thanks.)

• Love 2

She looks like his daughter. Wonder who Janelle is working out with now?

I was thinking GRANDdaughter.  I thought Sean was pushing 60.  and yup on the ick factor.

I wonder if True Wuw will last once he starts having to pay child support and most likely alimony and his ex's legal bills. 

If Janelle was working out with another trainer, we would certainly know about it because she would promote the crap out of him or her in exchange for free/reduced price services. 

I work in fitness myself as an instructor, and I gotta say that Sean really, really screwed up a once in a lifetime golden opportunity to make a name for himself in what is a hotly competitive and WAY oversaturated industry.  Most likely his income stream is based on the number of clients he has, so if he loses clients as a result, then the money goes buh-bye.  He's been less than impressive in my eyes anyway.

• Love 2

Divorce is a terrible thing but in this case I think the ex-mrs. sean is better off.  That photo..... just ick.  Did you read the comments on it??

That photo makes me want to punch Sean in the neck, grab the girl, and run like hell. And speaking from experience, sometimes divorce is the most wonderful thing ever. The day my final decree came in the mail, I grabbed the magic markers and drew vines and flowers and butterflies all over it. Throw a party, former Mrs. Sean.

• Love 5

Eww.  Sean's new girlfriend looks like a kid playing with makeup! Gross.  I'm sure karma will come back to bite Sean in the ass when a guy her own age catches her eye.  Just sit back, ex-wife of Sean.  It'll happen!

• Love 1

But we won't understand!!! Sean says so on his nauseating comments under her FB status change in August proudly proclaiming that she's "In a Relationship".  No one will understand their WUUUUV.  Apparently, that would include the Browns.

(personally, I'd say once Sean's Visa card starts getting declined and/or he's fired from his new gym gig...)

Edited by DakotaJustice

This article proposes some different theories for the wife swap, some of which have been discussed here (probably where they are picking it up from amongst other places), and one of them is that Robyn could be pregnant. It's complete speculation, but I guess I am not seeing how that could be a motivator for the legal marriage. She had Solomon out of wedlock, so I don't see it. 

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/66330/20150211/sister-wives-cast-news-3-reasons-why-kody-may-have-divorced-meri-married-robyn-instead-photo.htm

But Robyn is still in a polygamous marriage. Unless Kody and Robyn move away from the other three wives and cut all ties, it is (on the surface) a plyg family. Rumor has it that David Preston Jessop has distanced himself from the AUB over the years and it may well be he is trying to gain full custody of his children now but I don't know if a legal marriage (making future Brown children legitimate) makes any difference. And to be honest, I don't think Robyn has any intentions of having any more children. 

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 1

Indeed. If her husband is thinking about using "an unsafe situation" as a basis for full/more custody then its still the case. He could argue that any closer associations with the Browns make it more likely that his girls will end up in polygamous marriages.

But seriously, we haven't heard once from David Jessop since this show began. He may just not want to have anything to do with the TV show, he may not want to be on TV with the infamous "Jessop" name associations, he may have something to hide, he may have been ordered not to be involved by his family. We don't know and no one seems to know much about him for sure, including his current views on polygamy.

If any court papers had been filed I think someone would have found them by now. It's possible this just came up as a threat or in an argument (from either party) and Robyn used this as a scare tactic to get what she wanted in the same way Kody used "we're about to be arrested" in order to fulfil his apparently long running dream of living in Vegas.

Jessop in this saga ranges from "willing to relinquish his parental rights" to "about to sue for full custody" so who the hell knows.

• Love 5

I'm late to this but I just saw the pics of Sean and his "baby girl."  Gross, she really does look like she could be his granddaughter.  I don't get it, it's not like he looks like Richard Gere!  I guess it is his charismatic personality.  Ugh, that reminds me of the kodster.  It's all bad!

Indeed. If her husband is thinking about using "an unsafe situation" as a basis for full/more custody then its still the case. He could argue that any closer associations with the Browns make it more likely that his girls will end up in polygamous marriages.

But seriously, we haven't heard once from David Jessop since this show began. He may just not want to have anything to do with the TV show, he may not want to be on TV with the infamous "Jessop" name associations, he may have something to hide, he may have been ordered not to be involved by his family. We don't know and no one seems to know much about him for sure, including his current views on polygamy.

If any court papers had been filed I think someone would have found them by now. It's possible this just came up as a threat or in an argument (from either party) and Robyn used this as a scare tactic to get what she wanted in the same way Kody used "we're about to be arrested" in order to fulfil his apparently long running dream of living in Vegas.

Jessop in this saga ranges from "willing to relinquish his parental rights" to "about to sue for full custody" so who the hell knows.

I agree. The guesses are all over the map but there is one thing all the speculation agrees on. Whether their problem with the ex (if there actually is one) is that he's willing to relinquish his parental rights or he wants to sue for full custody or anything in-between, no problem with Jessop will be resolved by doing a wife swap. So no matter what they say, it has nothing to do with the ex.

• Love 6

Can someone be kind enough to give me at least a Reader's Digest condensed version of why the Browns fled Utah?

I had been under the impression it was to avoid prosecution by the State of Utah for polygamy but I'm seeing references to possible other reasons in several threads.

Can someone fill me in on what the real reason/s turned out to be?

Grazi!  

Can someone be kind enough to give me at least a Reader's Digest condensed version of why the Browns fled Utah?

I had been under the impression it was to avoid prosecution by the State of Utah for polygamy but I'm seeing references to possible other reasons in several threads.

Can someone fill me in on what the real reason/s turned out to be?

Grazi!  

This is not an official from the mouth of the Browns reason, LOL! My opinion is, Kody wanted to live in Vegas. So, panic was insisted upon, and off they went.

• Love 3

The only reason existed in the dark recesses of what passes as Kody's brain.  It was totally intended as a ratings grabber and an excuse for them to go to Las Vegas which Kody later revealed to be his dream destination.  

Utah does not prosecute strictly for polygamy.  They WILL prosecute polygamists for welfare fraud and child abuse (which statistically happens more often with polygamists) but the whole "escape under cover of darkness" was total BS.  No proof of this but I would bet dollars to donuts it was cooked up by Kody and the Total Lack of Credibility, er, The Learning Channel for dramatic effect.

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 5

The State of Utah did open an investigation into the Browns after they went on TV, just to see if there were any welfare or abuse violations, but the State closed its case in December 2010 (I think, or was it 2011?) and publicly announced they would not be prosecuting the Browns for anything. Three weeks later the Browns filmed the Flight From Utah, knowing damn well that they were in no way going to be arrested for anything and the case was closed. The sirens they were hearing as they loaded up? There is a fire station just down the street from their Lehi house.

• Love 6

The State of Utah did open an investigation into the Browns after they went on TV, just to see if there were any welfare or abuse violations, but the State closed its case in December 2010 (I think, or was it 2011?) and publicly announced they would not be prosecuting the Browns for anything. Three weeks later the Browns filmed the Flight From Utah, knowing damn well that they were in no way going to be arrested for anything and the case was closed. The sirens they were hearing as they loaded up? There is a fire station just down the street from their Lehi house.

That whole things just gives me the eww vibes. Hated it. Hated. Tearing the kids out of everything they've ever known. For Kody's greed. All that bullshit lying with tears in his eye and his passion, for his ego. Viewers who don't research actually believe this asshole. He's sneaky and slimy. "There's police surrounding the house, staking us out!" No Christine. TMZ was staking you out because that's what kind of creepy shit they do and that police car was just driving by. The sirens as Meri was loading up the moving van. Like 8 cops cars would put their sirens on to come get Kody and rip him away from everyone! Gah, this family is horrible. 

• Love 5
That whole things just gives me the eww vibes. Hated it. Hated.

And I would be dollars to donuts that they didn't let those kids in on the BS either. Instilling fear of authority for TV show ratings is child abuse in my mind.  Scaring the crap out of those kids with the bogus story is unconscionable.  That just makes me seethe.

• Love 6

And the big problem is these women let Kody lead, and he can't get past his self love and does everything for him only. It's sad.

Anyone have another picture or info on Sean the trainer and his girlfriend? The Facebook page from the link above is deleted and I'm dying to see something. I can't get much info Googling.

• Love 4