Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

I appreciate all the support.  I’m too emotional to dwell on it too much. The risks are obvious.  We want our girl back......She’s in the best place she could be for this type of thing.  I was able to spend a little time with her today...

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I appreciate all the support.  I’m too emotional to dwell on it too much. The risks are obvious.  We want our girl back......She’s in the best place she could be for this type of thing.  I was able to spend a little time with her today...

Hugs and prayers. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

If you will recall my youngest niece, age 10, who has Tuberous Sclerosis Complex, is entering Duke tomorrow. The plan is for brain surgery to remove a cluster of tubers (non-cancerous) in her brain.  Her seizures have become so pervasive, that it's considered the best option.  She's taken meds to control them since infancy, but, they've never really been controlled.  We are terrified. Please remember her in prayer and/or send positive thoughts.  

I do hope all goes smoothly for her, and the surgery helps.  My son's best friend has the same diagnosis, and I've never heard of anyone else with the condition.  

• Love 2

Hope the surgery goes well for your niece, @SunnyBeBe!

Vaccine Update: Arkansas moved up the beginning of Stage 1B COVID vaccines from February 1 to next week. That stage includes people over 70 and school teachers/school staff. My grandparents are now on the wait list with the local pharmacy, and my boss at the public library also got all of us, including the part-timers like me, on the wait list. She'd asked how library staff was being classified, and nobody seemed to know, so due to the fact we are county employees and deal with the public a lot and asked first, we're going to be treated like tail end of 1B/beginning of 1C. Assuming that will probably be late February but glad to be on the list. Otherwise, probably wouldn't be eligible until late spring/summer. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

If you will recall my youngest niece, age 10, who has Tuberous Sclerosis Complex, is entering Duke tomorrow. The plan is for brain surgery to remove a cluster of tubers (non-cancerous) in her brain.  Her seizures have become so pervasive, that it's considered the best option.  She's taken meds to control them since infancy, but, they've never really been controlled.  We are terrified. Please remember her in prayer and/or send positive thoughts.  

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family for your niece’s successful surgery.  

• Love 9
On 1/10/2021 at 4:59 PM, DangerousMinds said:

I hate those damn flower crowns.

I don’t.  I don’t hate ANYTHING pregnant or little kid in pics.  Last year, mr friend from high school who has lots of land (and lives amidst a compound setting Not unlike mine) and her husband planted a whole field (3-4 acres) in sunflowers.  Then a friend in photography made a unicorn out of a horse and took toddler pics out there.  Gag if you must:  I looooooved it.  And my own granddaughter is going to wear a ballet dress with a unicorn pic as soon as we can schedule.  Haters beware:  I don’t CARE!!! Say what you want, make whatever face you must:  I dont CARE!!! 

we’ve had incredibly bad news in our family.  My DIL went for her halfway ultrasound yesterday and was given to understand she will NOT be delivering (at BEST) a healthy baby.  Most likely, she won’t be having a live birth.  We are devastated.  And we’ve already lost a full term baby, unexpectedly, several years ago.  How does this happen???  How many babies does one family lose?  Isnt there some limit on this???  So discouraging.  I am so broken hearted.  
also, within an hour of hearing that news, I learned that I’d lost a dear friend in the hospital.  

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Happyfatchick said:

we’ve had incredibly bad news in our family.  My DIL went for her halfway ultrasound yesterday and was given to understand she will NOT be delivering (at BEST) a healthy baby.  Most likely, she won’t be having a live birth.  We are devastated.  And we’ve already lost a full term baby, unexpectedly, several years ago.  How does this happen???  How many babies does one family lose?  Isnt there some limit on this???  So discouraging.  I am so broken hearted.  
also, within an hour of hearing that news, I learned that I’d lost a dear friend in the hospital.  

Oh, I am so sorry for you losses. You are such a  sunshine-and-rainbows persona here. My heart breaks for you.

ETA <socially distanced hugs. all the hugs>

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, Happyfatchick said:

I don’t.  I don’t hate ANYTHING pregnant or little kid in pics.  Last year, mr friend from high school who has lots of land (and lives amidst a compound setting Not unlike mine) and her husband planted a whole field (3-4 acres) in sunflowers.  Then a friend in photography made a unicorn out of a horse and took toddler pics out there.  Gag if you must:  I looooooved it.  And my own granddaughter is going to wear a ballet dress with a unicorn pic as soon as we can schedule.  Haters beware:  I don’t CARE!!! Say what you want, make whatever face you must:  I dont CARE!!! 

I'm so sorry.

• Love 4

@Happyfatchick, that is incredibly sad. however, its not over till its over unless there was no heartbeat.  not sure if i told you all this but a bit over 3+ years ago my DIL was pregnant with their second and final child. she learned at about 18 weeks that there were critical problems with baby girl's brain. DIL was heavily monitored through the pregnancy and  had many tests. turns out that baby girl came on time and was perfectly fine. she just had her third birthday this very week! dont give up hope until there is no other option. 

• Love 10

@Happyfatchick I hope things don’t end up as badly as things seem to be right now. I’ll try to keep positive and hope that the baby births healthy. On top of that I’m also very sorry that you lost your friend in the hospital. My condolences. 
@SunnyBeBe Please update us on the surgery when you know something. 

Gosh, isn’t everything in this world hard enough without all these potholes that keep getting put in our paths? Come on 2021. We all paid our dues last year (also into the beginning of this one) and you need to step up the healing of our world. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

@Happyfatchick I hope things don’t end up as badly as things seem to be right now. I’ll try to keep positive and hope that the baby births healthy. On top of that I’m also very sorry that you lost your friend in the hospital. My condolences. 
@SunnyBeBe Please update us on the surgery when you know something. 

Gosh, isn’t everything in this world hard enough without all these potholes that keep getting put in our paths? Come on 2021. We all paid our dues last year (also into the beginning of this one) and you need to step up the healing of our world. 

That's so well said, that I'm just gonna repeat it. It's early morning here, I didn't sleep well, and my way with words must still be in bed. I'm in a solidly built old mid-rise condo building. I'm not in a corner unit, and usually I don't hear the wind blowing when I'm snuggled down in bed with the windows closed. But man, last night, the wind was so fierce outside that I could hear it. It went on for quite awhile and it made it hard to sleep. The weather geeks are predicting strong and even damaging winds to continue in our state until late Friday. It looks like we won't get the worst of it here. I hope that's true. **yawn**

• Love 8

Happyfatchick, that's tough news to hear.  I hope there is still some chance that it turns out okay.  Why things turn out so sad sometimes seems so unfair.  I don't understand it either. Sending prayers for mom and baby, as well as entire family.  

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for my young niece.  We are waiting to know the schedule. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

@Happyfatchick I am so sorry to hear this. Sending all of the love and support to your DIL right now.

• Love 7
On 1/12/2021 at 5:36 PM, iwantcookies said:

My mom been gone 3 years. I know how you feel. I just want to hug her and hear her voice. 

Big hug from me.

I would give anything just to have 5 minutes on the phone with either of my parents.  We could talk about anything; the weather, the Browns, the price of tea in China; it doesn't matter.  My mom and dad have been gone for 27 and 17 years respectively, it doesn't go away.

• Love 3

In non important news, I was debating getting rid of directv and just doing streaming (I have at&t internet). I called them as this was the last month of my promotion for my channel package, and they gave me another one, SO it was nice to know that savings was going to happen on my March bill for another 12months. 

I watch a LOT of tv, I will revaluate then. 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

Really so sorry to hear this devastating news.

• Love 4

One of my cousin's grandchildren was told throughout her pregnancy that she was having twin boys. Imagine the fun we had buying boy stuff for her shower! She actually delivered one fine healthy girl baby. She raised such a fuss about the missing "other" baby, that they sent someone from psych to talk to her! Keep thinking positive thoughts, anything is possible.

3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I would give anything just to have 5 minutes on the phone with either of my parents.  We could talk about anything; the weather, the Browns, the price of tea in China; it doesn't matter.  My mom and dad have been gone for 27 and 17 years respectively, it doesn't go away.

So many questions I wish I could ask my mother. She will be gone 2 years on January 31st. I was her legal and medical power of attorney.  I have second guessed myself so many times about the decisions I made about her care. I know I did the best I could with the information I had at the time, but I still feel like if I had known more I could have made better decisions.  I wish I could ask her so many things. I wish I could know that she understands that I really really tried to do what was in her best interest.  

• Love 14
46 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

So many questions I wish I could ask my mother. She will be gone 2 years on January 31st. I was her legal and medical power of attorney.  I have second guessed myself so many times about the decisions I made about her care. I know I did the best I could with the information I had at the time, but I still feel like if I had known more I could have made better decisions.  I wish I could ask her so many things. I wish I could know that she understands that I really really tried to do what was in her best interest.  

I really believe in my heart that your Mom knows that you did the best that you could for her. Please don’t feel guilty for what you couldn’t do. Your best was good enough. ❤️ (heart emoji) 

• Love 13

Some more sad news. My mom passed away in CT where everyone but me lives. She lived in a lovely assisted living facility for the two years since my dad passed. Unfortunately with COVID she was very isolated and could not go out except for doctors appointments. Just before Christmas my sister went to pick her up for appointment with my mom’s gerontology doctor. She was shocked at how confused my mom was. When they arrived at the doctors office, the doctor took one look and sent them directly to the hospital (across the street). My mom had pneumonia so they admitted her since she had just had pneumonia at Thanksgiving. Well she never left the hospital. The last week they moved her to the hospice floor so at least family could visit. She was peaceful at the end, but hard for me as I couldn’t travel safely to see her. Even though she didn’t have Covid, the pandemic certainly affected her end of life. It’s just second guessing but I can’t help but wonder if the isolation she must have felt contributed to her passing. 

• Love 1

@ozziemom, you have my sincere sympathy. My mother died late last summer under almost identical circumstances and I struggle with it, too. I flew to Michigan at Christmas, was supposed to fly back there for her birthday in April, and by March her AL facility was in lockdown. Like you, I believe the isolation was the worst of it for my mother...she was an extrovert’s extrovert.

My mom died in the middle of the night in the ER, waiting for a bed. My sister wasn’t allowed into the hospital to see her at all and I was 2400 miles away. I am just grateful she didn’t die of Covid.

What I’m trying to say is that I know what it’s like to feel helpless and ineffectual...and guilty. At least my sister could drive there, even though she wasn’t allowed in. But try to remember, there wasn’t anything else we could have done. And I know my mom wouldn’t want me to torture myself about her death and yours wouldn’t either.

Be kind to yourself, okay? My heartfelt sympathy to you.

• Love 18

@ozziemom, so very sorry. Losing your mother is really hard.. This Covid has been responsible for so many more things than the deaths of those diagnosed with Covid. A gentleman in my church couldn't deal with the change in his routine and it accelerated his decline and hastened his death. A lady in my church lost a lot of her vision because she wasn't able to have her appointments for her shots inher eyes for macula degeneration.  My aunt had a stroke because of missing her Coumadin checks. And each of you have examples of people you know who have suffered similar issues.  

I just got my first Covid vaccine about an hour  ago, so hopefully Covid will not be causing these hardship much longer.. Hoping everyone here who wants one is soon able to get one. 

Edited by Liddy52
  • Love 9

Ozziemom, please accept my condolences.  It sounds like it was very difficult on your family the way things happened with covid and your mother's situation.  Hopefully, the hospice and visits before the end helped bring her comfort and peace.  

Update on my niece's situation: They didn't have a bed for her at Duke until 2:00!  We saw her just before she left for a minute. We just FT with her in the hospital.  She's groggy...they put her to sleep for some tests....apparently, they are not going to proceed with the surgery until their full team has reviewed them and agreed on the course.  And, that won't be until MONDAY! Not sure what happened....someone sick?  So, I don't know if they will keep her in the hospital that long or not.  I'm very confused.  Thank you SO MUCH for your continued prayers.  (She is the sweetest child you ever met. She loves everyone and NEVER forgets to say thank you, no matter how small the action.)  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 23
36 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I recommend the show Bridgerton on Netflix. Very steamy romantic fluff. Plenty of eye candy. 

YAAAAASSS TO THIS! We are having fun in the Bridgerton forum. I have loved Regé-Jean Page since I saw him in the 2016 Roots remake (as Chicken George) but I cannot lust after him cause he looks like a family member! (literally, I want to say "cousin") I am going to rewatch the 2016 Roots remake in February in honor of black history month- more Rege- Jean please! Just his eyes, not only his he handsome he can ACT. Piercing.

@ozziemom I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your mother, I am so sorry you werent able to be with her. I know she was grateful to have a daughter who loved her so much. Please be gentle with yourself and allow yourself to feel all the feelings (as my therapist says).

• Love 7

So many sad losses.  My heart goes out to all that are left behind or worried about loved ones.

My story is a little different.  I called my husband's doctor this morning to ask him a question.  Can my husband have the covid vaccine since he had Gullium Barre syndrome years ago.

The receptionist told me the whole staff is home sick!  I asked Covid? And she responded yes.

So tonight hubby went down to the drug store to pick up meds refills.  They told him they cannot refill the prescription s without doctors ok and they can't get a hold of the doctor!

What to do???

Edited by Jeanne222
1 minute ago, Jeanne222 said:

So many sad losses.  My heart goes out to all that are left behind or worried about loved ones.

My story is a little different.  I called my husband's doctor this morning to ask him a question.  Can my husband have the covid vaccine since he had Gullium Barre syndrome years ago.

The receptionist told me the whole staff is home sick!  I asked Covid? And she responded yes.

So tonight hubby went down to the drug store to pick up meds refills.  They told him they cannot refill the prescription s without doctors ok and they can't get a hold of the doctor!

What to do???

Does the doctor have an on call covering?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

What to do???

Can you ask if pharmacy can give him a few of each to tide him over until the doctor can be reached.  I’ve had them do that for me before when it’s urgent and can’t get immediate refill.  And, I’ve read it is allowed...at least in my state.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
40 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Can you ask if pharmacy can give him a few of each to tide him over until the doctor can be reached.  I’ve had them do that for me before when it’s urgent and can’t get immediate refill.  And, I’ve read it is allowed...at least in my state.

I'll try that tomorrow.  Thank you.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

There has got to be some sort of coverage, otherwise, the doctor could be charged with patient abandonment.  A lot of docs have a refill line on their phone.  If your husband's does, leave a message on it with the name of the med and the pharmacy, a prescription number, if you have it, also helps.  Someone is probably checking those messages if nothing else and there should be someone who can at the very least, get your husband a couple weeks' worth of meds.

I got my first dose of COVID vaccine yesterday.  Minimal discomfort, needle stick and slight burning.  Very much like a flu shot, IMO.  No side effects, either.  The nurse told me my arm would be sore and my arm is sore-the OTHER arm- after walking the pup who was testing the strength of the leash when I walked him yesterday.  4 weeks to dose #2!

Thank you.  It's always been a problem with getting refills in the past.  The pharmacy has been calling the doctor's office with no luck.  I'll try again tomorrow.  

• Love 3
20 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

@Happyfatchick I am so sorry . 

and the baby is going to be named after you as I remember 

No.  It was just a joke because my first name is Zelma and is just a “thing” we joke about in the family.  I’ve always been called my middle name.  I sincerely hope that Z thing never gets pinned on anyone again.  I spent my life running into new classrooms begging teachers NOT to call me Zelma.  Mostly it worked - sometimes it got by and I’d spend the rest of the day (sometimes a few days) living it down.  

4 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Some more sad news. My mom passed away in CT.  Even though she didn’t have Covid, the pandemic certainly affected her end of life. It’s just second guessing but I can’t help but wonder if the isolation she must have felt contributed to her passing. 

I am so so so sorry for your loss.  I believe to my big fat britches that solitude and loneliness absolutely contribute to the death factor in covid.  I was horrified at the beginning when it became apparent that people would be dying ALONE.  Maybe I’m wrong.  It seems just horrific.   Especially the elderly, who we envision resting peacefully surrounded by family, while angels sing LAAAAA and carry them away on fluffy clouds.  That’s what I see!!!  

I had 2 of my grands today and learned a new word that I adore.  I have two to share, only one is new.  The “remote” for the TV is a “cremote”. I don’t know how this happened, but all 3 of them say it.  
the new one I only heard today and I ❤️ It.  Their other grandma was at their house and she was making “bistuts” and gravy.  Bistuts.  Hahahaha!!!  

• LOL 6
  • Love 8