Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

On 4/26/2024 at 8:25 PM, CalicoKitty said:

Has anyone here had a bone marrow needle biopsy?  I have one scheduled in a couple weeks and I told them I do want sedation when they asked me.  I would like to know how long the pain/soreness lasts so I can prepare myself.

There is a  Health and Wellness thread over in the Everything Else forum.  I wonder if posting there might get responses for your query.

I hope it goes well.  I had to have a lumbar puncture a few years ago which is similar but not exactly the same.  If you feel it is close enough I could tell you what it was like for me.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, Dimity said:

There is a  Health and Wellness thread over in the Everything Else forum.  I wonder if posting there might get responses for your query.

I hope it goes well.  I had to have a lumbar puncture a few years ago which is similar but not exactly the same.  If you feel it is close enough I could tell you what it was like for me.

Thanks for your response.  A guided needle biopsy goes into the pelvic bone. I will be having sedation.  I'm trying to find out how long it will be sore.  A new adventure, I guess.

• Hugs 12

I think we've earned green. There is no way we can achieve perfection, nor should we be required to - because human.

Happy Monday everyone and have a great green day. 💚

• Like 20
  • Applause 1
23 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think we have. We've successfully self-moderated, had adult conversations on tough topics, and comported ourselves with the highest levels of decorum. 

'Course, I thought we were already doing that (to the extent that snark can be decorous...)

Well just in case this forum is gone tomorrow..... thanks for the memories!

• Like 5
  • Hugs 2
  • Applause 9
1 hour ago, skatelady said:

'Course, I thought we were already doing that (to the extent that snark can be decorous...)

Well just in case this forum is gone tomorrow..... thanks for the memories!

Tomorrow is my birthday, and it is very, very sad that I will probably not be reading posts from my friends tomorrow.  May of us have been together for many years, and it is breaking my heart that we won't be "visiting" anymore.  Thank you so much for all the many hours of fun, laughs, support, and caring.  I will miss you all.

• Hugs 6
  • Sad 4
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Tomorrow is my birthday, and it is very, very sad that I will probably not be reading posts from my friends tomorrow.  May of us have been together for many years, and it is breaking my heart that we won't be "visiting" anymore.  Thank you so much for all the many hours of fun, laughs, support, and caring.  I will miss you all.

Happy birthday! 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

@CalicoKitty Wishing you an early Happy Birthday as well as best wishes with your upcoming medical procedure. 

I feel as though so many of us are friends here (albeit virtually) and truly if this is canceled I would feel the loss in my heart💔

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Like 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

Happiest Birthday! I hope it's full of everyone and everything you love♥️

• Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

We're still here this morning with a green light, so I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday!

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Like 4
  • Love 4

Thank you, everyone, for the birthday wishes.  I am going to stay home today and enjoy the nice weather, and then go to dinner with friends tonight.  I guess we all minded our Ps and Qs and can continue to post.  I wonder if a mod will change topic names and unlock the other topics.

Everyone, have a great day!

• Like 5
  • Love 5
On 4/26/2024 at 5:25 PM, CalicoKitty said:

Has anyone here had a bone marrow needle biopsy?  I have one scheduled in a couple weeks and I told them I do want sedation when they asked me.  I would like to know how long the pain/soreness lasts so I can prepare myself.

yes i have. you 100% want sedation. i was not given that option (it was done in a doctors office). i was sore for a bit after, but i think that's because i had only a local anesthetic and so i felt most of it happen. trust and believe,  when that local wore off, ugh!

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, zoomama said:

yes i have. you 100% want sedation. i was not given that option (it was done in a doctors office). i was sore for a bit after, but i think that's because i had only a local anesthetic and so i felt most of it happen. trust and believe,  when that local wore off, ugh!

Thanks. I was happy when the doctor suggested the sedation.  It will take place in 3 weeks, and I am not looking forward to it, but it will be a new adventure.

• Hugs 11
18 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Happy Birthday! We’re still here, yay for us 🎉

Enjoy your day.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Thank you, everyone, for the birthday wishes.  I am going to stay home today and enjoy the nice weather, and then go to dinner with friends tonight.  I guess we all minded our Ps and Qs and can continue to post.  I wonder if a mod will change topic names and unlock the other topics.

Everyone, have a great day!

Another happy birthday wish/

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I hope the birthday celebration was truly delightful!  Hope things are going well. 💐

May I get some input on your view of a professional image? I’m picking an outfit to wear for my photo that will go on my website. I would like for it to be professional, yet modern.  I would have normally gone with navy or dark gray, but saw a lavender option. Idk. Maybe, it doesn’t matter.  

https://www.sumissura.com/en-us/women/suits/121156-purple-skirt-suit

• Like 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I hope the birthday celebration was truly delightful!  Hope things are going well. 💐

May I get some input on your view of a professional image? I’m picking an outfit to wear for my photo that will go on my website. I would like for it to be professional, yet modern.  I would have normally gone with navy or dark gray, but saw a lavender option. Idk. Maybe, it doesn’t matter.  

I think if that suit looks good on you, go for it. If a pro photographer is taking the photos they should make it work with the background. Will you have the option at the photo shoot to change outfits so you have a choice when you see the pictures? 

• Like 11
(edited)
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think the purple is going to make you more memorable which is probably a good thing for a business website.  Everyone else will be in shades of navy, gray or black and you'll stand out in a good way.  Since the suit's color is already a bit different, I'd go conservative/simple with the blouse and jewelry options and let the lavender do the talking for you.

I think the unusual color would be particularly effective if you're in a more creative field.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 16
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I LOVE IT!

• Like 8

@SunnyBeBe I like it . I hope you can find a size so that it looks well tailored on you. I agree with Notabug that it would make you stand out and in a good way. 
Go for it. When you get it and try it on, you can always go back to a dark neutral if you’re not happy with it. 

• Like 7

In my experience interviewing and hiring people, it all depends on the type of job you're trying to get.  You'll be remembered more than likely, but how will be the question.

• Like 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I think if that suit looks good on you, go for it. If a pro photographer is taking the photos they should make it work with the background. Will you have the option at the photo shoot to change outfits so you have a choice when you see the pictures? 

Thanks to all for your input!  It helps me feel more comfortable being a little more progressive. Lol. 

Jeeves, I won’t have a backup if this suit doesn’t work.  That site is for tailored garments. You send the measurements and they make it. It’s pricy…..but, worth it for a perfect fit.  My niece is a hair stylist and she’s doing it and my makeup.  Oh, forgot to say that it’s for my business, law firm.  I’ve never had one, and since I’ve lost weight and toned my light blonde hair down a little to a medium to dark blonde, feel ready to make my debut!  Lol  I’m not sure I want to wait on a suit to be made, so I may find a ready made one about the same color. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 11
16 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I love that suit! I used to have to wear suits a fair amount for my interactions with Health Authorities (FDA, EMA, PMDA, etc.) and I would have picked that one in a  heartbeat (though with pants because we had to gown to go into the facility with inspectors a fair amount and skirts were not allowed and would not have worked). I'm in California, though, and things may be more conservative in  other areas.

• Like 7
8 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I love that suit @SunnyBeBe, and I’m not usually a purple person. It will show off the new you beautifully.

Thank you for the kind words.I hope to make a fresh start.  I feel better than I have in years, though I’m still dealing with some health issues.  And, I think I also mentioned upthread that I recently began dating a man I dated many years ago that I hadn’t seen in over 20 years!  So far, it’s really great!  I’m busy counting my blessings this spring. 🙏

• Like 6
  • Love 10

Is anyone else finding this site is loading very, very slowly.  Everything else on my computer is working as usual, but this site is taking a long, long time to load.

• Like 8
8 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Is anyone else finding this site is loading very, very slowly.  Everything else on my computer is working as usual, but this site is taking a long, long time to load.

Yes, it's just this site. I will report it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
12 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Yessss

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

Yes! I thought there was something wrong with my router!

• LOL 8