Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I recall my large car phone. Lol

I passed a man with a homeless veteran sign today on a ramp off the interstate.  I read the sign and didn’t get a good look at him at first. So, after I got my car washed I rode back up the interstate to turn around and pass by him again to give him some cash. . I had the money in my left hand and my mask on as I approached him....then I noticed that he wasn’t wearing a mask.  So, I didn’t let down my window to give him the money.  I’m not sure that was the right thing to do, but I didn’t think it was safe with him being maskless.  How did he not realize that’s why no one was opening their window for him?

Maybe he did not have a mask? He may have spent money on food.

30 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Anyone else following Hilaria Baldwin story? It’s hilarious like a bad soap opera. I needed a distraction and she delivered it.

Following this story is my new favorite pastime. She always annoyed me. 

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I guess, but all the stores provide free mask to anyone who enters who wants one. 

To my knowledge the stores in my area do not do that.  Of course I only go to work( our company does not offer free masks) and to Kroger when I need groceries..  I don't know what other stores do. I think it is great that where you live the stores offer free masks. I have no idea about why  the homeless man did not have one if he had access. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Me too. I always disliked her. She seemed so phony and a show off. Ha I was right. She and Alec are a match made in heaven.

Yeah she seems like a Jeremy Vuolo level attention whore. 

I feel like this is the ultimate Hilaria Baldwin picture. She's doing her show off thing and everybody else is just like WTF. 

article-2547160-1B0334AA00000578-413_634

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

Apparently she grew up in a wealthy neighborhood in Boston in a really nice house. Went to a pricy private high school. Her parents are highly educated. 

She is from Spain like I’m from Spain 🙄🙄🙄

And her brother is JEREMY ! 👀💀💀💀💀💀👀. Or maybe she renamed him Heremy??? With a Spanish accent. 

I am fascinated why??? Is she mentally ill? Or her nice life was boring to her? 

• Love 4

Hey, narcissists gonna narcissist. The most entertaining part for me is that Alec Baldwin apparently fell for the whole thing and is now babbling arrogantly about how everyone on SM invents themselves, so what’s the big deal. Another complete asshole.

Match made in heaven, really...but I find the fact that he fell for the whole exotic foreign beauty shtick really amusing. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
Just now, Oldernowiser said:

Hey, narcissists gonna narcissist. The most entertaining part for me is that Alec Baldwin apparently fell for the whole thing and is now babbling arrogantly about how everyone on SM invents themselves, so what’s the big deal. Another complete asshole.

Match made in heaven, really...but I find the fact that he fell for the whole exotic foreign beauty shtick really amusing. 

I've wondered how ol' Alec has processed all this, in private.

I didn't want to sit through his video, but this article about it made me laugh so hard:

https://www.thecut.com/2020/12/alec-baldwin-defends-hilaria-wife-accent.html

2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

@Zella the people looking at her with those expressions!!! That’s the picture I was thinking of.

I would have shoved her hands off my chair rest/body. What a way to invade someone’s privacy. 

Look at me!!!! I am so skinny and flexible!!! 

Yeah she's also got the public elevator one, which is annoying.

HmpDcuecadUl.jpg

But the airplane one is just next level awful. If I'd been on that plane with her, I'd have reenacted the movie Airplane.

• LOL 10
27 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

To my knowledge the stores in my area do not do that.  Of course I only go to work( our company does not offer free masks) and to Kroger when I need groceries..  I don't know what other stores do. I think it is great that where you live the stores offer free masks. I have no idea about why  the homeless man did not have one if he had access. 

Our Target gives out masks to people who don't have them, but the next door grocery store does not.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

And we've used the Airplane! slap scene on this forum, Jeremy Vuolo, IIRC. A very handy scene. 😁

7 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

She is truly insufferable. Who took the elevator pic? Their nanny? 

She is younger than him and flexible which snagged Alec. 

And she had a fabricated Spanish accent after finding out Alec had a thing for Salma Hayek. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 6

On the subject of free masks, I think it varies widely by store and place. I'm not sure I've been in any store here that gave out free masks. The library where I work has free ones on hand, but we are not ordering more when we run out for budget reasons. We've had the mask rule for months, so it's not like people are going to be blindsided by the requirement. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

And we've used the Airplane! slap scene on this forum, Jeremy Vuolos, IIRC. A very handy scene. 😁

And she had a fabricated Spanish accent after finding out Alex had a thing for Salma Hayek. 

Airplane is the gift that keeps on giving. I quote that movie on the regular IRL. Actually, my dad was quoting it to me the other day over the phone! 🤣

I hadn't heard the Hayek theory. That's interesting. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

She is truly insufferable. Who took the elevator pic? Their nanny? 

She is younger than him and flexible which snagged Alec. 

Okay so it’s bad enough to think about the zillion times someone touched an elevator button with their finger. But their bare feet?

Running away screaming and vowing to take the stairs forevermore...

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay so it’s bad enough to think about the zillion times someone touched an elevator button with their finger. But their bare feet?

Running away screaming and vowing to take the stairs forevermore...

As long as you're not in New York or Spain, you're probably safe from Hilarious's elevator feet. 😄 

• LOL 9
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

Airplane is the gift that keeps on giving. I quote that movie on the regular IRL. Actually, my dad was quoting it to me the other day over the phone! 🤣

I hadn't heard the Hayek theory. That's interesting. 

Hayek worked on 30 Rock with Alec. He apparently gave her a dress when her stint ended. That's an odd gift for a co-worker. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Zella said:

As long as you're not in New York or Spain, you're probably safe from Hilarious's elevator feet. 😄 

Actually, from what we now know, we should put elevators in Boston on the top of the “take the stairs” list, no?

• LOL 3

All I can imagine is that Ms. Baldwin is obsessed with getting attention. I suspect that’s why she wanted so many children too.  Some people think that makes them special and to be admired.  I think Michelle Duggar craves attention that way. 

In our state, the state mandate requires businesses to provide any customer with a free mask.  Most have the free mask available at the entrance.  The current one also allows the business to call police and have them removed or charged with trespass or violation of the mandate.  And, the mandate says you must wear mask outside too, even exercising.  It’s pretty comprehensive, though it’s widely ignored, based on what I have seen. ..........I said the store must provide customer free mask, but I just reviewed the mandate and it doesn’t say free, but it requires them to have their customers in mask, so, it has that implication.  I suppose that’s why all the retail stores and businesses that I have seen have the sign and free masks available if you need one.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

Actually, from what we now know, we should put elevators in Boston on the top of the “take the stairs” list, no?

Very true! I just couldn't resist the Spain joke. She seems to have disowned Beantown unless cornered. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

She is annoying, but I still like Alec.I was disappointed in him for marrying someone so much younger. But if they’re happy, then ok.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Hilary is 26 years younger than Alec.

I don’t believe her age either. Maybe she is really 46. She is a liar.

I actually think her age is correct. Her graduating high school class from a school that was most definitely not in Spain was 2002, and that matches her being 36.

• Love 6

State agencies received federal money and most stepped up big time in supporting folks who are homeless. Shelters, food pantries and churches where hot meals are supplied all have masks to give out. @SunnyBeBe, I'm surprised no one has tossed a mask out the car window either. He may just choose not to wear one. I wouldn't have opened my window for him.

Hilaria Baldwin is an absolute fool and her explanations make her look even more foolish. She's an attention whore and it seems almost all attention whores use lies to gain more attention. Funnier even still is she thought all the students in Boston were going to keep their mouths shut.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I've been out of the loop so BAD. I'd never heard of this Hilarious chick until I was reading here this morning. So of course I clicked a few links and got edumacated about her. 

I'm not a big fan of her husband, so if they both go floating off to hell in a canoe I wouldn't care, but thanks for a few giggles this morning. I think they deserve each other.

I'm kinda narcissist-exhausted at the mo, to tell ya the truf. Fortunately the only one I had to deal with in real life recently, is far enough in the rear view mirror that I can't even remember her name right now. (She was one of our homeowners when I was on our condo complex HOA board; a high maintenance PITA. Certainly a sociopath if not a full fledged narcissist. Quite a user and manipulator, always ignoring the rules and stirring people up.)

My temp job will keep me busy today; end of year paperwork to handle. It's all good - I get PAID for this, I chuckle when someone says sorry for the hassle. I mean, I get paid for each hour worked, and it's not like I have anywhere else to be thanks to the fucking virus, so I might as well be racking up some paid time instead of just hanging around the house for free.

I'm not much for New Year's resolutions. I like the idea of cleaning up my language but the F bomb has rarely seemed as useful as it does these days. Such a dilemma . . . 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Adding to the mask conversation, I carry some extra disposable ones with me to offer to anyone who might not have one. More of a courtesy thing.  

Anyone taken down their Christmas stuff yet? We usually take ours down today, but we're just too lazy. By Sunday we will though. Usually, I'm so ready to take it down by now, but this year not so much. 

• Love 6
Just now, QuinnInND said:

Adding to the mask conversation, I carry some extra disposable ones with me to offer to anyone who might not have one. More of a courtesy thing.  

Anyone taken down their Christmas stuff yet? We usually take ours down today, but we're just too lazy. By Sunday we will though. Usually, I'm so ready to take it down by now, but this year not so much. 

We took ours down. But then, we put it all up pretty early this year - Thanksgiving week.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Zella said:

Very true! I just couldn't resist the Spain joke. She seems to have disowned Beantown unless cornered. 

We’re happy to disown her as well!

@QuinnInND, I took my holiday stuff down on Sunday. I knew I would spend the week looking at it and dreading taking it down, so I went ahead and took care of it. Usually I wait until the weekend after Jan. 1, but I wanted to do nothing this weekend since I start a new job on Monday (remote). I always forget it takes less time to put away than to put it up, so that was a nice surprise.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 9

I keep extra masks in my purse and car for people who need them, too. It's funny how I never owned a mask in my life less than a year ago and now I have them everywhere. And hand sanitizer and wipes. I shudder at how germy I used to be, lol.

Happy new year's eve! To hell with this year and all of the shit that came with it (I'm not giving up swear words in 2021 🤣).

• Love 13
1 hour ago, QuinnInND said:

nyone taken down their Christmas stuff yet? We usually take ours down today, but we're just too lazy. By Sunday we will though. Usually, I'm so ready to take it down by now, but this year not so much. 

Are you mad??😱 Christmas stuff stays up until 6th January or else, thunder and lightning will get at you and you shall not receive any chocolate/crisps/tipple of choice/whateverfloatsyourpersonal boat

Edited by MunichNark
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I recall my large car phone. Lol

I passed a man with a homeless veteran sign today on a ramp off the interstate.  I read the sign and didn’t get a good look at him at first. So, after I got my car washed I rode back up the interstate to turn around and pass by him again to give him some cash. . I had the money in my left hand and my mask on as I approached him....then I noticed that he wasn’t wearing a mask.  So, I didn’t let down my window to give him the money.  I’m not sure that was the right thing to do, but I didn’t think it was safe with him being maskless.  How did he not realize that’s why no one was opening their window for him?

You're in the Triangle right?  I wouldn't feel too bad about not giving money to the professional panhandlers who hang around in Durham especially if he was hanging around Southpoint.  He had ample opportunity to get himself a boatload of free masks from Target or Sheets or the mall, but chose not to.  I rode through there last week on the way to my sister's and noticed the one panhandler had a double-sided sign and he flipped it to tug on the heartstrings of different drivers.  I did feel bad for him in the rain, but I did not have either my wallet or my mask handy.  I really don't have a problem with him using that money on things like drugs or alcohol, but my time working in the public library has hardened me to the homeless in my part of NC.  I suspect that the homeless in the Triangle are just like the ones here.  We have a transient homeless population who use up a lot of resources in the area before departing and then cycle back through in a year or two.  They take up beds in the shelter, use the local hospital for free healthcare while spending their days in the public library playing games on the computers.  Then somehow they come up with enough money for bus fare to move on to the next town to repeat the cycle after they use up their time in the shelter.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Are you mad??😱 Christmas stuff stays up until 6th January or else, thunder and lightning will get at you and you shall not receive any chocolate/crisps/tipple of choice/whateverfloatsyourpersonal boat

My sister's bday ends the Christmas season in this building (Jan 11th)- I will probably start with my decor next friday, and I will take her tree down after we celebrate her bday on Sunday Jan 10th. when I take the outdoor decor down depends on the weather.

• Love 4

It is a New Year's Eve Miracle. I was so sad because the Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Lipstick had discontinued my FAVORITE holiday shade- Crimson Chrome. And I knew I was going to have to throw this one out because its on its last legs. But low and behold I did ONE MORE SEARCh and I found it on HSN! HOLLA!!!!!!! I am so excited. I love love love this liquid lip, even if in these mask wearing times sometimes you want to be fancy, also here's to wearing bold lips next season because we wont have to wear masks!

• Love 15
1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

You must have been raised Catholic 😂, me too!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Mine will probably come down next Saturday. I'm a corporate accountant, so with month/year end I will be working this weekend. I'll just have pretty lights to look at for another week.

• Love 5

I'm in Denver. After moving here long ago, I learned that here it's traditional to keep Christmas decorations up until after the annual National Western Stock show ends (in late January). There won't be a stock show this year; it's been postponed until January 2022. I'm finding that makes me unexpectedly sad but I'm all for it in light of the pandemic. 

I've gotten complacent about taking my time to go see the public outdoor holiday lights, since they stay up so long here. I haven't made my annual trek to see and photograph the City & County Building decorations this year. Must do that! This weekend - sounds like a plan.

Personally - I don't decorate for Christmas. I'm allergic to the evergreen trees used for live Christmas trees (break out in a rash from touching them), and just not into decorating my condo for the holiday. I offloaded all my remaining Christmas decorations when I downsized and moved here 15 years ago. I haven't missed that stuff for a single minute. I enjoy looking at others' decorations, but I am so over doing it myself. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

Well, I’m clearly screwed! 😉

• LOL 11

I put up a string of colored Christmas lights in my living room this year, and they're so cozy that I'm going to leave them up until spring! I might finally put a wreath on the door, too. Gonna need as much coziness as possible for the next couple months.

Edited by rue721
  • Love 14

If I’ve paid $2500 for a first class ticket I am not spending even three seconds being subjected to an up close and personal view of someone’s crotch. I will confess to doing some stretching in the area near the front door while waiting for the restroom, but it’s around the corner and doesn’t involve waving my feet in people’s faces.

I would not have taken that well. What a piece of work. And for the record, that shot (who took it?) makes her look a little chunky.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6