Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

Fully agree with everyone in the house needs to be onboard with getting any pet.  They require time, effort, money, care, patience, and love.

To anyone who is "getting on in years" and considering adopting a pet, please consider who will take the pet if something happens to you and for whatever reason you are unable to care for the pet.  Exhibit one is the dog sleeping 5 feet away from me.  My parents were dog people and had to have one last dog.  I'm going to have ended up with him for half his life.  I don't resent it, expected it, and prepared for it.  Something my parents neglected to do.  They persisted in living in lalaland that they would outlast the dog. I would have had one more cat, but I knew I had a dog "on order" and I didn't think it would be fair to either animal.  

Currently a neighbor of mine just had to have a dog.  She's 91, developing dementia, and not really fit to care for the dog.  I rather hope the woman who gave her this dog is really just loaning it and will take it back in a year or two when the neighbor has to go into a care facility or passes.  

• Love 15
45 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

And while I’m on my soapbox, owning a dog is life-changing, both for good and bad. People really need to understand what’s required and whether they can meet a dog’s needs before they get one. I am very concerned that in life post-Covid, too many people who adopted dogs during lockdown are going to return to normal life and end up surrendering the dogs again.

I was thinking about this. I know so many animals got adopted during the lockdown, and I cynically wondered when people go back the office will the dogs who require human contact all day be okay (like I dont have enough to worry about). I agreed to take my Godmother's dog long before the pandemic, and he is used to being in the home alone. But agreeing to take him is also why I havent gotten another cat (well in addition to Blake being such an asshole I dont think he would like it very much).

8 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

@ChiCricket, that’s so terrible about Paloma’s original owners. I’m also sorry that she doesn’t seem to like you but you have been a remarkable pet owner in spite of that. And you are not the only one who give their pets middle names - how else will they know when they are in big trouble? Here are mine:

Parker Alice (calico) and Sophie Charlotte (silver tabby)

B31C2169-5EB5-4886-8341-DD1C20EA93F5.jpeg

CA3E89B8-3CBC-4E20-82D0-77D046242C96.jpeg

OMG what gorgeous kitties. I have never had a calico before, she is GORGEOUS! I dont really care what an animal looks like, but I do admit I have so many photos of my beloved Scarlett and Mr. Norris cuddled together (like my profile photo) where they look just like a "black blob"! LOL.

I love cats with titles. If I ever adopt a girl cat I am naming her Duchess Georgina (the next cats I get will be a bonded pair as I like that best).

11 hours ago, beckie said:

Stressful. Hubby got out of jail earlier this week, but he's not allowed back here so he had to find somewhere else to go. It was a huge surprise,  even for him,  because he wasn't expecting anything until mid-January. 

I've agreed, stupidly maybe, to let him come back (when he's allowed), because I do love him and I really want my marriage to work.  He's agreed to stop the stuff he was doing before,  so we'll see. He knows if he does it again  that were done for good.

Be safe Beckie.

• Love 13

I do middle names for pets too. Claudius's full glory is Claudius Tiberius Drusus Nero Germanicus. (More based on I, Claudius than the real Claudius's names.) Before him, there was Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez. (A The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly tribute. 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

funny - i do middle names too. not sure why but i just do.  trying to remember tegan's middle name....probably simple like marie. ..or susanne. i need to ask my kids, they will remember. if i ever get my photos transferred to my desktop computer, i will share her with you all. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Zella said:

(More based on I, Claudius than the real Claudius's names.)

OMG I LOVE LOVE I, Claudius. When I first saw it in college I knew the makeup team was FANTASTIC because Derrick Jacobi actually looks like that now!!!! Did you know he had a big crush on Ian McKellan in acting school but was too shy to say anything? I usually rewatch in January but I have already to committed to The White Queen and Dawson's Creek, SO maybe next month!

• Love 7
Just now, Scarlett45 said:

OMG I LOVE LOVE I, Claudius. When I first saw it in college I new the makeup team was FANTASTIC because Derrick Jacobi actually looks like that now!!!! Did you know he had a big crush on Ian McKellan in acting school but was too shy to say anything? I usually rewatch in January but I have already to committed to The White Queen and Dawson's Creek, SO maybe next month!

I love I, Claudius too! I was introduced to it a few years ago by my late uncle and watched it 3 times in a row. I rewatched it last year and also talked one of my coworkers into watching it. Now she's obsessed too! 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I always give my pets middle names...just me?  😁 

FB_IMG_1609753720389.jpg

I, too, always give my dogs middle names for the same reason that people give their kids middle names:  it sounds more authoritative when you're telling them to cut it out.  'It' being whatever naughty thing they are currently doing.

I've had Trudy Marie, Pepper Ann, Penny Pie, Sasha LaLa, Maggie May and Scout Little Man.  I veer between real names and fanciful.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Zella said:

I love I, Claudius too! I was introduced to it a few years ago by my late uncle and watched it 3 times in a row. I rewatched it last year and also talked one of my coworkers into watching it. Now she's obsessed too! 

It's amazing! My fav quote is....

Livia: You are my son and I am Augustus' wife - that's where you are. And in the long run, that's better than being anybody else, even Marcellus or Marcus Agrippa... And, Now you may kiss me and take your leave... 

They think Claudius likely had cerebal palsy.....all the ableism of the period kept him alive when the rest of his male family members were murdered or met "accidental" deaths.

• Love 3

@Oldernowiser Portia now has a vet appointment for next week, and has OTC canine anti-anxiety medication arriving today. Thanks for telling me to reach out to the vet. That sweet doggie has so many happy things in her life that she loves, and I just want her to be able to enjoy them.

Edited by rue721
  • Love 16

All of my pets have had middle names, too, which I thought was completely normal! My current pit mix is Bonnie Boo Lucille--she's Boo until she's in trouble, then it's her full name (usually followed by "put that down", "stop that", or "what the hell is that!?"). We always give our pets family names as their middle names, too. I got her one of those fluffy, round, "calming" pet beds for Christmas and she is basically living in it now. But she refuses to let me throw out the previous pillow bed, so now she's sleeping on top of two beds and she sinks in so much you can barely see her at times. It's like the Princess and the Pea over here. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

It's amazing! My fav quote is....

They think Claudius likely had cerebal palsy.....all the ablism of the period kept him alive when the rest of his male family members were murdered or met "accidental" deaths.

My fave quote is either "don't touch the figs" or "It was . . . indescribable." Mainly for the line readings. But the whole thing is so quotable! 

14 minutes ago, rue721 said:

@Oldernowiser Portia now has a vet appointment for next week, and has OTC canine anti-anxiety medication arriving today. Thanks for telling me to reach out to the vet. That sweet doggie has so many happy things in her life that she loves, and I just want her to be able to enjoy them.

Thank you so much for the update...she’s such a beauty and has such a sweet face. I want her happy! 

It may take a while for any of the meds to kick in, OTC or prescription. So give it some time, yes? Also, please be sure to mention how stiff and trembling she gets when you see the vet? As we used to say about good clients, you “give great history,” which is incredibly helpful. Nothing more fun than a big old taciturn owner staring at you saying, “he ain’t right” repeatedly while you try to figure it out in the three minutes you have before you have to summarize it for the vet, who invariably that day is In A Mood. We literally had a chart acronym for this “condition”...ADR. Ain’t Doing Right.

Best to Portia and you!

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

I guess I kinda did things backwards on the naming thing...Chip is a rescue. Some asshat threw him in a dumpster when he was a tiny baby. I'm not going to even try to fathom the mind of a person who does something like that, but I have wondered if it's because he's a deer head chihuahua, rather than an apple head, and therefore not as "valuable"? No matter what, dude should have been inserted into the middle of a trash dump with no way out, and left. Chip was so little he had to be fostered before he could be put up for adoption. I got him when he was 4 months old, and he already knew his name. Not my choice, but I rolled with it. This summer he will have been my baby for 10 years.
Anyhoo, so I had to work with a name that wasn't my favorite, but he already knew it as his. So most of the time with me he is Chippy Doodle, or Doodles. When he hears just plain "Chip", he knows I am not pleased. LOL

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

I guess I kinda did things backwards on the naming thing...Chip is a rescue. Some asshat threw him in a dumpster when he was a tiny baby. I'm not going to even try to fathom the mind of a person who does something like that, but I have wondered if it's because he's a deer head chihuahua, rather than an apple head, and therefore not as "valuable"? No matter what, dude should have been inserted into the middle of a trash dump with no way out, and left. Chip was so little he had to be fostered before he could be put up for adoption. I got him when he was 4 months old, and he already knew his name. Not my choice, but I rolled with it. This summer he will have been my baby for 10 years.
Anyhoo, so I had to work with a name that wasn't my favorite, but he already knew it as his. So most of the time with me he is Chippy Doodle, or Doodles. When he hears just plain "Chip", he knows I am not pleased. LOL

What's the difference between a deer head and an apple head chihuahua? My BabyGirl was a chihuahua,  but I don't know what kind.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, beckie said:

What's the difference between a deer head and an apple head chihuahua? My BabyGirl was a chihuahua,  but I don't know what kind.

It has to do with the shape of their head, and deer heads tend to be a bit bigger (for example, my boy is a whopping 8 lbs). The AKC does not recognize deer heads as "breed standard" and they can't be shown at dog shows, so they're not as sought after, Here's a pic:
image.png.0b65eeb201f39e81dc7f64be2aa5ab27.png

Edited by Turquoise
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6

Ashley Quinton Brown, a Himalayan mix, was 17 and failing when I got the babies nearly a year ago.  When I lost him, I gave the babies his last name in honor.  So I have Freya Bella Brown and Loki Brown.  A middle name has never developed for Loki although he has plenty of nicknames.  I need to complete his name with a middle name! 

Kittens 020520-2.JPG

I tried to add pictures of them more grown up, but the files are too big, don't know why...

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 20
22 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

It has to do with the shape of their head, and deer heads tend to be a bit bigger (for example, my boy is a whopping 8 lbs). The AKC does not recognize deer heads as "breed standard", so they're not as sought after, Here's a pic:
image.png.0b65eeb201f39e81dc7f64be2aa5ab27.png

All puppies are precious but I think the deer head makes for a cuter dog. I would think both types would be equally coveted. 

• Love 6

I think back in the Taco Bell Dog days, the deer heads were more sought after than they are now.

The two can occur in the same litter. My Granny has Claudius's brother from the same litter. Claudius is an apple head, who was all of 3 pounds as an adult before he got hefty, while his deer head brother was about 6-7 pounds before he also got too well fed.

Here's the adorably gruesome twosome plotting a raid, and you can see the size difference:

14632865_10206656143316462_2180130110607

My other Chihuahua Tuco was a deer head, and he was about 5 pounds. Claudius has some issues with his nose and mouth--a birth defect or injury--that has made his little nose crooked and a bit smooshed in. His bottom teeth are janky from it, too, but it makes him look even more snub nosed than other apple headed Chihuahuas. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
4 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Please, please be careful. Have a bag packed with all of your important papers in it, medications, etc. You have talked to the Domestic Violence resources in your area, yes? Put their contact info in your phone and always keep your phone with you.

I really hope things work out for you. But choking is the single strongest warning sign before domestic homicide. Be safe, okay? First time your gut tells you something isn’t right, get out.

Wishing you well...

I have the papers and important numbers and stuff. He can't be here right now, and the way I see it, by the time everything is resolved,  he might enjoy his freedom so much that we'll  end up divorced, anyway. 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Do NOT purchase the Drunk Elephant No. 9 Jelly Cleanser; I took a shower after my afternoon workout (during my lunch break) and I thought I would try the sample I received in a gift set. Its been over an hour and my eye is STILL BURNING. STILL. I know im a big baby who doesn't do pain but WHAT IN THE WORLD. it was like being attacked in the shower by the stinging. 

Ugh, that is the absolute worst. I had the same reaction to IT Cosmetics cleansing balm. I ordered it off QVC because the brand rep swore up and down that you could use it to remove eye makeup. The first use, I ended up with swollen, beet-red eyes for three days. 

Edited by BitterApple
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Ugh, that is the absolute worst. I had the same reaction to IT Cosmetics cleansing balm. I ordered it off QVC because the brand rep swore up and down that you could use it to remove eye makeup. The first use, I ended up with swollen, beet-red eyes for three days. 

That’s awful

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

IT Cosmetics is one of the worst brands for packing their products with every ingredient under the sun all while claiming to be safe for sensitive skin.  

• Useful 8

We made it through the first day back to school. Virtual school of course. The kids were just as bouncy as you would expect, but with the extra thing of every kid wanting to show their favorite Christmas gift. I finally gave up, and let them do that.  I may start drinking.  Send help. 

Edited by QuinnInND
  • LOL 15
  • Love 8

@Scarlett45, I'm so sorry for your burning eyes and I hope they are feeling better by now. I once had that kind of reaction to an expensive mascara that was a brand that was spozed to be hypoallergenic. I think it was Clinique, and it came as part of a "gift with purchase" bundle of trial sized stuff. I put it on and my eyes were quickly irritated. Wowzer. After I cleaned all of it off my eyes calmed down. I was just glad I had not paid to buy that stuff - and it was not cheap!

@QuinnInND - have a drink or two on me. You've earned it!

I had an interesting day. Decided to change my cell phone carrier; I own an unlocked Pixel 3 (Android) phone I bought from Google. Just as I was wrapping up the phone transaction with the new carrier, I slipped my phone out of its case to look for the SIM card slot. And OMG - the back panel is starting to bow out because the battery is swelling. Fortunately Google/Fi is making good and will be sending me a replacement phone, without my having to send my phone in first. The swelling is subtle but noticeable when the phone is out of its case. The case isn't a hard stiff material, so it accommodated the slight expansion; I'm just glad I found the problem when I did. Sheesh.

• Love 1

I'm so happy, my backordered new mattress is now arriving tomorrow! They somehow found one at a warehouse and the salesperson called me in a panic today saying there was one available but he had to know NOW if I am going to be available between 2 and 9pm tomorrow for delivery (they will give me a 2 hour window tomorrow) so he could secure it for me. Of course I said yes, so it's coming tomorrow now instead of early February! Thank goodness, my back is a mess. And the guest room mattress arrived today and I scheduled a meeting on my work calendar at 4pm for a nap, lol.

• Love 16

IMG_0356.jpeg.62ad3b0f419270f26cb234d62afb6d49.jpegThis is not a very good picture, but it cracks me up.  I left my vest on the back of the couch, and Lilly, the toothless cat, crawled into the arm hole and stuck her head out the front.  She sat there for a long time.  Maybe I needed to turn up the heat!  Flora the silver tabby is looking at her, thinking that is a strange thing to do.  My living room is a mess because I am STILL unpacking boxes.

• LOL 14
  • Love 9

I got to see and hug my sister for the first time in a year! We (her family, mine, and our parents) agreed to self quarantine for 2 weeks so we could have a late Christmas celebration together. It was weird celebrating late but it was so nice to see them. I've seen my parents since the start of all this (the girls and I stayed with them this summer when the Derecho knocked out our power for a week), but I hadn't seen my sister and her family since last Christmas since they live out of state. We're hoping we can maybe arrange a similar quarantine period this summer, assuming not much has changed between now and then. 

Today was my first day back at work since the kids school break began. I had an email saying I'm eligible to receive the covid vaccine, which was a little surprising. I work for a large hospital system, but I work for the billing area, have no patient contact, and have worked from home for years. It was a mass email sent to all of us office staff, so I'm assuming that means they've already gotten thorough the at risk staff and have moved on to us. I feel weird getting the vaccine before my elderly parents, teacher husband, and asthmatic sister, etc...but I feel like if I'm given the opportunity to take it, I should. So I have an appt to go for the first dose on Thursday. I feel kind of guilty about it though since I have no known risk factors and am still under 40.

I have no idea what the plan is for the roll out of the vaccine or how they're determining who gets it. Does anyone know? Is that determined at a federal or state level? My employer has only shared how they are handling employees, not how the general public would know when they are eligible. 

• Love 14
49 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

I got to see and hug my sister for the first time in a year! We (her family, mine, and our parents) agreed to self quarantine for 2 weeks so we could have a late Christmas celebration together. It was weird celebrating late but it was so nice to see them. I've seen my parents since the start of all this (the girls and I stayed with them this summer when the Derecho knocked out our power for a week), but I hadn't seen my sister and her family since last Christmas since they live out of state. We're hoping we can maybe arrange a similar quarantine period this summer, assuming not much has changed between now and then. 

Today was my first day back at work since the kids school break began. I had an email saying I'm eligible to receive the covid vaccine, which was a little surprising. I work for a large hospital system, but I work for the billing area, have no patient contact, and have worked from home for years. It was a mass email sent to all of us office staff, so I'm assuming that means they've already gotten thorough the at risk staff and have moved on to us. I feel weird getting the vaccine before my elderly parents, teacher husband, and asthmatic sister, etc...but I feel like if I'm given the opportunity to take it, I should. So I have an appt to go for the first dose on Thursday. I feel kind of guilty about it though since I have no known risk factors and am still under 40.

I have no idea what the plan is for the roll out of the vaccine or how they're determining who gets it. Does anyone know? Is that determined at a federal or state level? My employer has only shared how they are handling employees, not how the general public would know when they are eligible. 

I think it's at a state level. I just saw posts on a local FB group from our pharmacy saying they now have doses they can give to healthcare workers or first responders. Nobody else is currently eligible, but they promised to keep the community posted as that changed. 

• Love 7

Jenniferbug, congrats on both getting to see your sister and scheduling the first vaccine dose! I feel like there is no official roll out plan, it seems to vary from state to state and town to town. If it's offered, I would jump at the chance, so I'm keeping a close eye on it here. I think I'll be in the last groups, I have an autoimmune thyroid condition but I don't know if that would bump me up or not. 

Edited by emma675d
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, emma675 said:

Jenniferbug, congrats on both getting to see your sister and scheduling the first vaccine dose! I feel like there is no official roll out plan, it seems to vary from state to state and town to town. If it's offered, I would jump at the chance, so I'm keeping a close eye on it here. I think I'll be in the last groups, I have an autoimmune thyroid condition but I don't know if that would bump me up or not. 

In my area, your condition would put you at the bottom of Phase Two, so a slight bump before the general population.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Hey y'all, when did McDonald's get so expensive? Or is it just in my area? A Big Mac is almost $5 and a small fry almost $2. Admittedly we don't get McDonald's often, but when we did in the past, it was because it was convenient, quick and cheap. I guess its no longer cheap.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Hey y'all, when did McDonald's get so expensive? Or is it just in my area? A Big Mac is almost $5 and a small fry almost $2. Admittedly we don't get McDonald's often, but when we did in the past, it was because it was convenient, quick and cheap. I guess its no longer cheap.

McDonald’s isn’t that cheap. A combo is like $10 now. I had McDonald’s yesterday $8 for a coffee, nuggets and sandwich. Last time I’m going there haha.

• Useful 2
28 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It's almost impossible to get a fast food meal less than $7.00 anymore.  I would like to think that the food is more expensive because they are paying their employees more, but I know better.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

Your employer gets to decide which employees are prioritized.  Most are starting with people who do direct patient care in the hospital itself and then moving to people who have contact with outpatients and then moving on to staff members without patient contact.  You're considered an essential worker due to the pandemic, so you do have priority even if you work at home.  

Everything is up to the state and local governments, the federal government, aside from purchasing the vaccines, has bowed out of distribution.  Your state should have guidelines for when and where vaccines will be given to the general public.  Most states seem to be prioritizing healthcare workers and people and employees in group settings like nursing homes, etc.  The next tier is usually the general public; starting with those 75 and up and those with risk factors.  Your state should have a website with information as to the roll out and how to sign up and where to go.  I know that Florida and a couple other states decided to distribute vaccine to the elderly simultaneously with the healthcare workers and group setting residents; but it is up to each state to decide.  Aside from distribution and storage issues, many states have limited funds to do this since most states are required to balance their budget annually, unlike the federal government.

Today we got an update, vaccination of group 1 A is moving along and everyone in that group should have had the opportunity to be vaccinated by the end of this week.  Currently, about 50% of people invited have gotten the vaccine, but they believe that this is because of people taking time off or not wanting it during the holidays and many of those who were invited but didn't get it are planning to do so soon.  I'm a 1B, so it won't be long.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

when they had to pay workers more. starting wage for new hire in the mcdonalds in my semi rural area is $13 - and some times they close because they can't get enough workers to fill a crew for any given shift.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I think the last time I got a combo meal it was nearly $10, which is ridiculous for crap convenience food. At my favorite Greek restaurant I can get a ginormous lunch combo for $12.99, and get two meals out of it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
47 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think the last time I got a combo meal it was nearly $10, which is ridiculous for crap convenience food. At my favorite Greek restaurant I can get a ginormous lunch combo for $12.99, and get two meals out of it.

Exactly! A while back we got a family meal from 99s for around $50.00 and it fed us for two nights. Four of us the first night and three of us the second night. And it was a delicious meal and cheaper than McDs when you break it down. Food you feel is worth paying for.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

It's almost impossible to get a fast food meal less than $7.00 anymore.  I would like to think that the food is more expensive because they are paying their employees more, but I know better.

Actually, they are paying their employees more.  Kids don't want to work there and certainly won't do it for minimum wage.  Back in 1974-75 when I worked at Burger King, employers didn't even have to pay minimum wage if half their employees were under 18.  They called it 'McDonald's Law'.  I got $2 an hour while the legal minimum wage was $2.10.

Nowadays, teens often get enough cash from Mom and Dad that they don't go out to work, and, if they do, fast food joints are low on the list.  McDonald's and the rest have had to go after retirees and such to fill their schedules and those folks aren't going to settle for minimum wage.

The only things I get regularly at McD's are the oatmeal which is really good with fresh apples and raisins in it and the yogurt parfait which has fresh strawberries.  The parfait hasn't been available since COVID arrived and McDonald's limited their menu and I miss it.  I work with the residents in an inner city clinic sometimes and there is a Mickey D's in the parking lot, so I often grab breakfast on the way in,  There is also a Burger King, but I had enough of that when I worked there.  I don't think I've had BK 10 times in the last 40 years.

That particular BK is a local landmark, however.  Amanda Berry, one of the 3 girls from Cleveland who was kidnapped and held for more than 10 years in a house, was taken from the parking lot there.  She worked there while in high school.

• Useful 7
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

but you call ahead or order online from the Greek place, right? you didn't go through a drive through and expect it in 3-5 min. or less or whatever the drive through "goal time" is these days

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

but you call ahead or order online from the Greek place, right? you didn't go through a drive through and expect it in 3-5 min. or less or whatever the drive through "goal time" is these days

True, but with smartphones ordering online or ahead isn't as big of a deal as it used to be. Especially for those of us who are WFH or not going out as much during the pandemic- having it brought to our door is easier than getting in the car and going through a drive through.

I haven’t been to McDonalds in a decade or more. I remember liking their McFlurries. The only fast food I like is Five Guys fries (omg I love French fries!! They have the best ones) and of course Starbucks. 

• Love 4

My new mattress has arrived! Which is perfect timing considering I woke up with neck spasms and have been in pain all day. I think sleeping on a crappy mattress, bent over doing too many puzzles over the last few weeks, tension, and stress have just temporarily wrecked my spine. My chiropractor is going to have a field day.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, emma675 said:

My new mattress has arrived! Which is perfect timing considering I woke up with neck spasms and have been in pain all day. I think sleeping on a crappy mattress, bent over doing too many puzzles over the last few weeks, tension, and stress have just temporarily wrecked my spine. My chiropractor is going to have a field day.

Oh no I’m sorry. 

My posture/back really improved when I got a proper office chair, and more when I started working out. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

Oh no I’m sorry. 

My posture/back really improved when I got a proper office chair, and more when I started working out. 

I think I'm going to have to invest in a proper home office chair now that I'm working from home. I actually have a strong core from swimming and working out, but I've always tended towards neck problems. I'm just a bit of a wobbly head, lol.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I either call or if I'm in the area just go in and wait. I live in Las Vegas, and pretty much everything is open here, restaurants are just limited capacity for dine-in.

• Love 3