Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Marigold said:

@Arwen Evenstar

Praying for you.  I was so busy the past few days and I popped back on for a wedding check in and then I see that you're struggling with The Beast.  I hope our posts here have brought you some distraction...my mom used to say "talk to me about something that isn't cancer"

Guys, I have a problem.  I spilled tater tot casserole on Green Shirt at the wedding when I tripped over a flamingo.   I used the  Duggar home made laundry detergent and IT ATE A HOLE IN GREEN SHIRT.  Can someone contact Michelle and ask her who her supplier is? 

@Celia Rubenstein  I read you chipped a tooth at the wedding?  Listen, call Derick Dillard asap.  He has a fabulous dental team and will have you looking good in a jiffy!  

I just love the way the Duggars tell and write about using homemade laundry soap, but in every scene from the laundry room, including the very first special, I notice a huge jug of liquid Tide.  The most pricey soap! I'm sure Tide is featured because they sponsor TLC, but still.  They have never been shown making or using homemade laundry soap. Ever.

I've been making and using homemade laundry soap for 18 years.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Marigold said:

@Arwen Evenstar

Praying for you.  I was so busy the past few days and I popped back on for a wedding check in and then I see that you're struggling with The Beast.  I hope our posts here have brought you some distraction...my mom used to say "talk to me about something that isn't cancer"

Thank you, Marigold. The posts have been most entertaining. I’d rather talk about anything but cancer.  Only the PET scan can say what’s really going on and where. I won’t know until Monday.

I still was at the wedding in my Bashful gown with modesty panels. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Marigold said:

@Arwen Evenstar

Guys, I have a problem.  I spilled tater tot casserole on Green Shirt at the wedding when I tripped over a flamingo.   I used the  Duggar home made laundry detergent and IT ATE A HOLE IN GREEN SHIRT.  Can someone contact Michelle and ask her who her supplier is? 

@Celia Rubenstein  I read you chipped a tooth at the wedding?  Listen, call Derick Dillard asap.  He has a fabulous dental team and will have you looking good in a jiffy!  

You must have signed up and paid for The Deluxe Reception Package. We were only able to serve Tater Tot Casserole to the select few guests that paid extra.

And @Celia Rubenstein - DEFINITELY call Dreck's Dental Team. He is a walking advertisement for their work!

• Love 12

So, I tweeted Derrick explaining that I broke a tooth and asked him how to reach his dentist. He responded by saying "raccoons carry rabies." wth? Does anyone understand what he is talking about?  I'm confused.

Anyway, I'm okay for now. Gee Golly broke a Chicklet in half and jammed it in where my tooth broke off so that our wedding pictures weren't  ruined. But after three days it's really dissolved and looking pretty gnarly. If anyone can get Derrick to answer any the question, let me know. #ineedadentist #derrickwonthelpme #thispieceofgumwontlastforever

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Our first snack together with no chaperone.16584-2640690671-8b2dbce094-o.jpg

How romantic! *swoon*

I was so honored to be a part of this next Season Of Life for you two. Now you need to get crackin' on populating Jesus' Army. Oh wait ...

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

How romantic! *swoon*

I was so honored to be a part of this next Season Of Life for you two. Now you need to get crackin' on populating Jesus' Army. Oh wait ...

The Lord is pointing us to adoption.

• Love 10

I believe laughter is the best medicine so I'm suggesting that anyone who is suffering with anything go back and reread the whole wedding thread.. I have been chortling away here by myself with the windows open (I'm in Florida), so now I'm wondering how many neighbors are wondering what I am up to!

I'm going back myself to look at the picture of the sack-dressed folks in boots in the mud. Love it.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

A couple of times we reached in the bag at the same time.

TMI  TMI  TMI!!!!!!!!!  Please, next time you decide to post something so intimate and personal, put it in spoiler tags with a warning!!!  Fortunately my sons are grown, but there are people here who might have children who look at the screen at the wrong time!!!  I try to be open minded, but have some decency!!!  

• Love 15
3 hours ago, MonicaM said:

TMI  TMI  TMI!!!!!!!!!  Please, next time you decide to post something so intimate and personal, put it in spoiler tags with a warning!!!  Fortunately my sons are grown, but there are people here who might have children who look at the screen at the wrong time!!!  I try to be open minded, but have some decency!!!  

Hahaha! Genius!!!!

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
Hours later and the original post still makes me spew giggles when I look at it!
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, Porkchop said:

I believe laughter is the best medicine so I'm suggesting that anyone who is suffering with anything go back and reread the whole wedding thread.. I have been chortling away here by myself with the windows open (I'm in Florida), so now I'm wondering how many neighbors are wondering what I am up to!

I'm going back myself to look at the picture of the sack-dressed folks in boots in the mud. Love it.

I totally agree.  The "Deluxe Reception Package" (that included tater tot casserole) is still crackiing me up. 

• Love 5

Since this is a TV snark forum, I'm wondering if @Celia Rubenstein is going to allow @GeeGolly to watch any ebil TV shows now..and which one will you choose for her to start with? Do tell.

I know even The Andy Griffith Show is considered a little too racy for some..he DATED a woman with a job.

Edited by ChiCricket
too..not to!
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Since this is a TV snark forum, I'm wondering if @Celia Rubenstein is going to allow @GeeGolly to watch any ebil TV shows now..and which one will you choose for her to start with? Do tell.

I know even The Andy Griffith Show is considered a little to racy for some..he DATED a woman with a job.

She caught me watching The Waltons but shut it off because Erin was acting sluttish by holding a boy's hand.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I know even The Andy Griffith Show is considered a little too racy for some..he DATED a woman with a job.

Definitely too racy. Don't forget Helen & Thelma Lou wore strapless & fitted (party) dresses. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

My neighbors are complaining because there is a frost warning for tonight and tomorrow here - ducks and runs for Prayer Closet

Walked to the gym today in shortsleeves and capris. Meetcha at the Prayer Closet!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

I'll bring the wine and/or tequilla

Perfect for my margaritas. Coming with homemade chocolate chip cookies.

Can I give a shout out for the Toyota Olympic’s commercials. I NEVER watch commercials, but I am riveted by these, and the Paralympic one makes me cry every time.

Edited by Love2dance
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Love2dance said:

Perfect for my margaritas. Coming with homemade chocolate chip cookies.

Can I give a shout out for the Toyota Olympic’s commercials. I NEVER watch commercials, but I am riveted by these, and the Paralympic one makes me cry every time.

Oooh if we are having margaritas should I bring tacos - like 10 each???  (Sister Wives dig)

LOVE those Paralympic commercials - they are amazing people!

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Oooh if we are having margaritas should I bring tacos - like 10 each???  (Sister Wives dig)

Okaaay then.....I’ll bring the piñatas. (Another Sister Wives dig)

Come to think of it...that’s what we needed at GeeGolly and Celia’s wedding.....matching bride piñatas.

Edited by Love2dance
Added stuff
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I also love the Nike Air commercial!

• Love 2

Tacos sound good right now. We have been warned not to go outside because it will be getting older with below zero temps tonight. Oh goody! Heading to the Prayer Closet with tacos, and chips and dips (no I do not mean the Duggars.)

Did make it to the eye doctor with no problems. Some roads had  minor snow and ice and the side street leading to the doctor office was icy, but otherwise the roads were in good shape. I will be trying out a new eye ointment and a lid scrub and have a fellow up appt. in two weeks. My right eye seem more dried out and irritated.

Edited by bigskygirl
On 2/17/2018 at 1:59 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Thank you, Marigold. The posts have been most entertaining. I’d rather talk about anything but cancer.  Only the PET scan can say what’s really going on and where. I won’t know until Monday.

Arwen - I've been thinking a lot about you. Did you hear from your PET scan today? Can you share the results with us? You know how much this community cares about you.

• Love 3
On 2/17/2018 at 7:53 PM, MonicaM said:

Lol. How “sluttish” they are!

Edited by awaken
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

My neighbors are complaining because there is a frost warning for tonight and tomorrow here - ducks and runs for Prayer Closet

*I* am complaining because there's a frost warning for tonight. If we ever get them, it's typically in December and January. We've had almost a month of 60-70 degree days. WTF weather? 

• Love 2

I’m in Southern CA and it’s fresking 50 degrees now. We are glad swim practice was cancelled because it will be mid forties by 6:00 pm, the start of practice. Oh, it’s an outdoor pool. Our girl has not body fat to help her keep warm. 

• Love 2

We had a high of 52 today. Now, out of nowhere, it's raining! This was NOT in the forecast, and my husband just hiked down to his mother's place. I hope it stops soon. 

SF Bay Area here. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1