Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

On 2/22/2018 at 8:01 PM, Barb23 said:

Can someone start working on those flower looking centerpieces made with tissue paper gathered around rolls of toilet paper? Mechelle explained how to make them on the episode of either Anna's wedding or baby showers. I guess these would only be needed if you are using tables at the reception. 

Oooooohhh, tables at the reception. My, aren't we getting fancy!

I suppose next we're going to be using tableclothes, too.  I didn't know I was posting on the same board with the Vanderbilts. La-de-dah!

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I suppose next we're going to be using tableclothes, too.  I didn't know I was posting on the same board with the Vanderbilts. La-de-dah!

We can use the tablecloths and centerpieces for the next wedding. Use and save the difference or whatever heck the one Duggar thought is. I have found one of the neighborhood kids to play the piano at the wedding, and a few kids will sing for us. The parents are fine with it as long as the kids do not lick anything and look clean and presentable.

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

@Celia Rubenstein and I are working on a new book - Fundy and Fabulous and need someone to write the foreword.

Do you , or your sweet dear friends, purpose to have a Heart For The Lord?

Do you wonder what exciting things  God will have have in store for you?

Do you need help Training your children to instant obedience and Keeping their Hearts forever?

Does your godly husband desire to lead his family and be their Spiritual Leader?

Do you purpose to become Fully Available and totally Submissive to your Headship?

Then this book will direct your life into full Obedience to the Lord!

Edited by louannems
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, louannems said:

Do you need help Training your children to instant obedience and Keeping their Hearts forever?

Does your godly husband desire to lead his family and be their Spiritual Leader?

Do you purpose to become Fully Available and totally Submissive to your Headship?

Holy wow! you know us so well!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, louannems said:

It's good but I don't see any mention of sending us money love offerings.  Maybe you could work that in? GeeGolly's Aqua Net and Fritos and don't pay for themselves, you know. 

I've already scheduled half a dozen dates for our book tour. Does the book actually need to be finished before we can start?  Because I'm dyin' to get in our stink bus and hit the road and start making money spread the word of Jesus! Hall-eh-LOO!

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, louannems said:

It's off to a good start!

• Love 5

You forgot about blaming the devil and not being Godly enough when you are caught doing something naughty.

And the favorite stand by of practice makes progress, and progress makes babies!

Edited by bigskygirl

So nice to see a lovely married couple who has been together in holy wedded bless for a whole week giving advice. Let me know when you come to Montana on your tour so my headship and I can hear your wonderful, blessed, totally special advice. If I really like the advice, I will donate ten cents to you instead of my regular five cents.

2 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I think we could practice for years, but we're never going to make a baby. ?

But who cares? Babies are just selfish, manipulative little schemers anyway. And I have better things to do than waste all day standing around with a wooden spoon waiting to smack them for crawling off their blankets.  I have grifting to do and judgmental, condescending remarks to tweet!  There are interpretive dances to get done and roomfuls of toddlers in need of PowerPoint presentations about how going into debt will cause you to burn in hell. You know, the Lord's work!

I hope you do not use this statement as the opening line in your book or when you make your speak on the tour. Make sure to get your headship to cut your hair and have braces on your teeth to make yourself look more realistic and thoughtful.

1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I think we could practice for years, but we're never going to make a baby. ?

But who cares? Babies are just selfish, manipulative little schemers anyway. And I have better things to do than waste all day standing around with a wooden spoon waiting to smack them for crawling off their blankets.  I have grifting to do and judgmental, condescending remarks to tweet!  There are interpretive dances to get done and roomfuls of toddlers in need of PowerPoint presentations about how going into debt will cause you to burn in hell. You know, the Lord's work!

Swoon. She's mine, all mine!

• Love 14

Wednesday Wedding Update: All the red, white and blue bridesmaids dresses as well as the lovely mustard cardigans (for modesty) have been delivered to me for distribution. Please come to my house and pick them up and try them on. I kid; they are all the same size so either they will hang on you or be stretched out. Exactly the look The Brides are going for. If you can't make it to my house, I will bring them to the wedding. Please wear your own brown sandals.

Who is in charge of the bouquets? *checking clipboard* I don't think I have anybody assigned to that precious duty yet.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Wednesday Wedding Update: All the red, white and blue bridesmaids dresses as well as the lovely mustard cardigans (for modesty) have been delivered to me for distribution. Please come to my house and pick them up and try them on. I kid; they are all the same size so either they will hang on you or be stretched out. Exactly the look The Brides are going for. If you can't make it to my house, I will bring them to the wedding. Please wear your own brown sandals.

Who is in charge of the bouquets? *checking clipboard* I don't think I have anybody assigned to that precious duty yet.

Will these do?676490826b0fd47c__1180396.preview.jpg

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It's good but I don't see any mention of sending us money love offerings.  Maybe you could work that in? GeeGolly's Aqua Net and Fritos and don't pay for themselves, you know. 

I've already scheduled half a dozen dates for our book tour. Does the book actually need to be finished before we can start?  Because I'm dyin' to get in our stink bus and hit the road and start making money spread the word of Jesus! Hall-eh-LOO!

Shangela, is that you? 

• Love 7
On February 22, 2018 at 8:01 PM, Barb23 said:

Can someone start working on those flower looking centerpieces made with tissue paper gathered around rolls of toilet paper? Mechelle explained how to make them on the episode of either Anna's wedding or baby showers. I guess these would only be needed if you are using tables at the reception. 

If someone makes the tissue paper flowers, some in blue and then some in red, then after the wedding they can be left out in the sun to fade and become pink and light blue - thereby ready to use for baby showers.  

• Love 21
25 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

If someone makes the tissue paper flowers, some in blue and then some in red, then after the wedding they can be left out in the sun to fade and become pink and light blue - thereby ready to use for baby showers.  

Liking the way you think! ?

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Will these do?676490826b0fd47c__1180396.preview.jpg

Well, I think they are precious. They must be approved by @bigskygirl and @Marigold. It is their day, after all. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I like, I like!!!

There ya have it! Go for it! We need 19 please. For the bridesmaids. Plus 2 Bridal bouquets. *checks clipboard and crosses off* 

What else do we need? Looks like we have everything. WAIT! Who will trash the get away car? *furiously checking clipboard * ...

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

You don't  need to buy  tablecloths just use flat sheets. They cover  the table just fine.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

As long as I can have Sew and Portia and whoever else wants to take this on on our creative team.

I rarely visit this thread, but I happened to stumble upon this post. Of course I'll be proud blessed to assist with the writing project.

• Love 4

Who will do the wedding party's hair? Jill R.& Nurie who did an excellent job at the previous wedding?

2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

You don't  need to buy  tablecloths just use flat sheets. They cover  the table just fine.

We know the Duggars won't be contributing. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

As long as I do not end up with big hair since I have a short hair cut and the Tammy Faye Baker look, I do not care who does the hair and makeup.

I guess that means only  fine-line Sharpies for you. 

• Love 4

Sorry, can I interrupt the festivities?

I've been trying to find  this for years now and a reddit post has me on the hunt again. I thought in the 16KAC special, they visited somewhere that had a lady with a fiddle that taught the kids to sing "Mississippi Hot Dog" or whatever. Does anyone else remember this? Or is this from some other family or show or whatever? 

• Love 2

Darn...No more pizza for me since it is causing my acid reflux to act up. I will miss it, but it is not helping my digestive issues.

The good news is I put in an order for new glasses, and the new pair should be here in two weeks. Hopefully this will help my eyes.

23 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Darn...No more pizza for me since it is causing my acid reflux to act up. I will miss it, but it is not helping my digestive issues.

The good news is I put in an order for new glasses, and the new pair should be here in two weeks. Hopefully this will help my eyes.

Are you on Prilosec or similar? That really helps me.

Hope the new glasses help your eyes!

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

What else do we need? Looks like we have everything. WAIT! Who will trash the get away car? *furiously checking clipboard * ...

I volunteer to trash the car. I can use religious tracts and as the brides drive down the street they will blow off and be distributed.  

I will also go to Hobby Lobby and buy a ton of $1 flip flops to tie behind the car. 

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, AUgirl said:

I volunteer to trash the car. I can use religious tracts and as the brides drive down the street they will blow off and be distributed.  

I will also go to Hobby Lobby and buy a ton of $1 flip flops to tie behind the car. 

That is perfect! Multi-tasking at its finest!

• Love 6

Oh I have to check in on the insomnia, sweaty sleeper, and HRT club! I had a hysterectomy and oopherectomy a few years ago (I'm 45) so I have a hormone patch. I still get a random hot flash, and I'm always a hot sleeper. I wish those "chill cube" cold mattress pad things that circulate cold water weren't $1k+!

If you're suffering from insomnia, the wake up after a few hours kind, I've found that using an app like twilight makes reading boards like this a little less disruptive - - color shifts the screen to red. Might help? 

Also, historically, apparently people used to sleep in 2 shifts, broken up with a period of wakefulness in between. Maybe they had it right? 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

Acid reflux in bed is like the world’s worst alarm clock. Once you’ve puked in bed, you must wake up. 

OH dear, I really have found my people! My first experience with this was waking up to find I had barfed on the dog, necessitating a shower for us both at 3 am. Yikes! My doc recommended prilosec. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I so wish I didn’t know exactly what you are talking about!

I'm just thankful that I don't know...I've had acid reflux for a good 20 years, but a daily dose of Zantac back in the day, and now a Prilosec every three or four days keeps it at bay.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Wait ... after a WEEK of marriage? Am I now planning a baby shower? I may need an assistant to help me plan things. Is anybody available to work as my assistant? 

May or may not be a baby, or a house, or a hangnail. Y'all will have to wait and see.

• Love 10