Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

All, sorry to keep you all waiting. I’ve felt terrible for days.  The PET showed it to be dormant in my abdomen, but my liver is lit up. 

I’m starting chemo on Friday. Doxil this time. It’s supposed to be easier on me. Avastin on its own isn’t working for me. More later.

Thamk you all for your caring and concern. 

Full frontal {{{HUGS}}} Hoping Doxil will be easier on you and does the job.

12 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Oops, I meant to add & not quote myself.

Just wondering if you two are planning anything special for your first kiss or will it be a surprise?  Maybe Sassy could hold up a sign saying she gives her permission for @Marigold  to kiss @bigskygirl.

@Barb23 I love your wheelchair decorations idea! I might have to start sending Sassy to the animal version of the Prayer Closet. She is now asking for two extra containers of cat treats to hold the you may kiss the bride sign, and she said she will roll her eyes while holding the sign. I think the devil and evilness has taken over her soul.

Edited by bigskygirl
11 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

All, sorry to keep you all waiting. I’ve felt terrible for days.  The PET showed it to be dormant in my abdomen, but my liver is lit up. 

I’m starting chemo on Friday. Doxil this time. It’s supposed to be easier on me. Avastin on its own isn’t working for me. More later.

Thamk you all for your caring and concern. 

Sending positive thoughts  full frontal hugs, kisses and all my love. Leaving  the porch light on in this thread in case you want to chat we are all here for you 24/7.  

• Love 15

We need an outfit for our flower girl/ring bearer. I will need to wear my prescription sunglasses since my eyes are not feeling well. Maybe my headship and wedding party will wear sunglasses also. I wonder if I can find a small pair for Sassy to wear.

6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

We need an outfit for our flower girl/ring bearer. I will need to wear my prescription sunglasses since my eyes are not feeling well. Maybe my headship and wedding party will wear sunglasses also. I wonder if I can find a small pair for Sassy to wear.

If the theme is red white and blue I could do a tulle blue skirt, red sequin tube top and white go go boots.  Does that work?  I don't want to toss flowers cause that sounds dirty but I could toss jelly bellies (any kids in the audience gets a snack!).  Unless you REALLY have to have flowers.  It IS your wedding after all.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I like the idea of jelly bellies, but we will need to make sure Sassy will not play with them. Your outfit sounds cute.

Oh that is right!  Will Sassy sit in a stroller?  I could wheel her down to her mothers.  She would make a marvelous Maid of Honor or joint Maid of Honor if you have someone already.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

*sigh* I'm going broke paying for all these bridesmaid dresses. And where on earth will I ever wear them again, except maybe on the 4th of July? 

Well, at least you can wear the same brown sandals for all of the weddings you will be in!

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Oh that is right!  Will Sassy sit in a stroller?  I could wheel her down to her mothers.  She would make a marvelous Maid of Honor or joint Maid of Honor if you have someone already.

Hmmm...She could be our joint Maid of Honor. Who will give me away? Any takers? Sassy will also need a bath and a good brushing before the ceremony and putting her in her stroller.

And on another note...I have been reading my medical notes from a certain out of town quack who shall remain nameless. He is actually taking credit for catching my eye problems after I was the one who told him my eyes were starting to bother me four years ago, and he even took credit for changing my thyroid medication dosage when it was my primary medical provider who did it in May 2013. Plus he said I was handling the hyperthyroidism well. Really...Within the first few minutes of seeing the endocrinologist here for a second opinion, I was told by him I was not dealing with the hyperthyroidism well, and he even stated that in my medical records. The out of town quack even took the credit for suggesting I use liquid eye drops and wear sunglasses.  It was my eye doctor who suggested the eye drops and prescription sunglasses after seeing her in March 2014. The man likes to take credit for what the other doctors were doing. GRRRRR!!! I have decided not to file a complaint against him because I am finally getting the right care I need. He can take his ego and so-called credit and go take a flying leap at a rolling donut. I put him in same category with JB, Josh, Derick and my one sister-in-law.

And on the second note...I guess Medicaid will not pay for the eye ointment because it is on the list of must have prior approval medications. My poor eye doctor will need to prove I need the ointment. I know she will fight for me to be able to use it, but she should not have to. I can understand if Medicaid is worried about possible addiction (can you get addicted to an ointment?) or dangerous side effects, but I know my eye doctor would not put me on something with potential dangers if I use it even once.

Edited by bigskygirl
46 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

And on the second note...I guess Medicaid will not pay for the eye ointment because it is on the list of must have prior approval medications. My poor eye doctor will need to prove I need the ointment. I know she will fight for me to be able to use it, but she should not have to. I can understand if Medicaid is worried about possible addiction (can you get addicted to an ointment?) or dangerous side effects, but I know my eye doctor would not put me on something with potential dangers if I use it even once.

Prior approval just means that they want paperwork to show that all the other methods and meds were tried before resorting to the more expensive medication.  I have several meds that have to have the paperwork completed every couple of years.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Prior approval just means that they want paperwork to show that all the other methods and meds were tried before resorting to the more expensive medication.  I have several meds that have to have the paperwork completed every couple of years.

The funny thing is the one eye drop I tried last year for dry eyes or eye pain was the most expensive at around $500.00. The last eye ointment I was on was $9.00 for one tube.

Making a good recovery from the flu...so excited to see the wedding plans are moving along.

I'd like the flamingos, that I rescued from Anna's ginder reveal, to be dressed up a bit.  Something a little festive but modest?  Can someone call Sierra? I feel she is the perfect person for this job. 

Can Jeremy speak at the wedding and give his sermon on masturbation? I feel we all need to hear this 90 minute awkward message again. I don't want sin in the camp. 

(I told my teen daughter I'm courting someone on the Duggar snark boards and she said "how high is your fever?")  

• Love 20
55 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

What do you think ladies and gents? Great wedding guest attire?

(I have 2 so you can borrow one @Arwen Evenstar if you need to. Gotta find your own shoes though.)

77269a4f9f3ae999e1fa4c811527de2b.jpgf94fa9ad79d0341509d5b66ac1569edf.jpg

While I like your dress, I'm concerned about the shoes. They look rather high, and with those platforms they could defraud some of the guests. Might I suggest some more sensible shoes, like either of these pairs?large_606010101.jpgdownload.jpg.f5968e7af5a04439de403f8c72a420af.jpg

Edited by SnarkyShark
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The funny thing is the one eye drop I tried last year for dry eyes or eye pain was the most expensive at around $500.00. The last eye ointment I was on was $9.00 for one tube.

They have lists of drugs that for one reason or another they need to review to see what's been tried.  In some cases, there is no reasonable other thing to try or it's the gold standard of treatment so those aren't likely to need prior approval.

@bigskygirl thanking you for bringing up prior approvals as it reminded me that I needed to order refills on two meds that happen to have those.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Another idea for Sassy is a decorated wagon. Didn't they have one In Joshua & Anna's wedding?  I think it was Cousin Amy who pulled a small Duggarling or two in it who were too young to walk. Or if Sassy has a few friends, you could put the little chalkboards around their necks with HERE / COMES / YOUR (or the) /BRIDE(s) like  the little girls held in Jill's wedding.  I'm sure you could repurpose them with your wedding colors.

I'm planning on wearing my red QVC Quacker Factory shirt that has red, white & blue sparkles around the square neckline.  I will wear a turtleneck underneath so as not to defraud anyone. It will go so nicely with my floor sweeping denim skirt  & my Frumpwear apron I will wear while helping prepare for the reception. I don't have brown sandals & my feet could never do the high heeled shoes you suggested. Is it OK if I wear my slipper socks I get while I'm in the hospital? You know the ones with the non-skid thingies on the bottom. I have them in either yellow or gray but I can dye them red or blue to match. Much better for me than bare feet. Unfortunately I have accumulated plenty of them & am willing to share. 

Speaking of the reception, I've rinsed off the plastic cutlery we gathered up from people's plates from the previous wedding.  So we're good to go there. Since your food budget is high (root beer floats, mac&cheese & tator tots, not to mention the ever popular Duggar wedding nut mix & popcorn) I'm thinking paper towels would be ok to use in place of fancy napkins. Maybe some fellow posters could donate them as well as paper or Styrofoam plates.  Can someone start working on those flower looking centerpieces made with tissue paper gathered around rolls of toilet paper? Mechelle explained how to make them on the episode of either Anna's wedding or baby showers. I guess these would only be needed if you are using tables at the reception. 

I'm hoping  the Rodrigui clan has been booked for or at least invited to this wedding. Maybe we can give Jill a heads up to dress everyone in red, white & blue.  I'm sure they would love to drive the wedding party to the church in their RV. What's a few extra to that bunch? 

Edited by Barb23
Forgot they had an RV & not a bus.
  • Love 12

@Arwen Evenstar - Are you open to long distance Reiki?  If so, done, just let me know

4 hours ago, SnarkyShark said:

While I like your dress, I'm concerned about the shoes. They look rather high, and with those platforms they could defraud some of the guests. Might I suggest some more sensible shoes, like either of these pairs?large_606010101.jpgdownload.jpg.f5968e7af5a04439de403f8c72a420af.jpg

But, but, but.  It's before Easter - we can't possibly wear white shoes!!!!  Horror!!  Wet noodle flogging for all!!!!  Eep!

• Love 8
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Hmmm...She could be our joint Maid of Honor. Who will give me away? Any takers? Sassy will also need a bath and a good brushing before the ceremony and putting her in her stroller.

I’ll give you away, BIGSKYGIRL.  But that means before you and Marigold can kiss at the alter, my headship and I get to show you both how it’s really done first. We promise to do a big dip.

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, SuspiciousMind said:

Mine, sadly, are the lowly Payless Shoe Source variety.  They are hella, hella comfortable, though!

Mine were clearance at Nordstrom Rack. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, SuspiciousMind said:

Mine, sadly, are the lowly Payless Shoe Source variety.  They are hella, hella comfortable, though!

I have two pair of those, they were so comfortable - white and brownish beige. They did stretch a bit after I wore them all season, though, and my feet kept wanting to slip out of them sideways.

• Love 3

I am sure my headship will approve of Sassy coming down the aisle in a cute wagon, and her kitty friends can wear a small chalkboard saying here comes the brides. She does seem to have a love/hate relationship with a few of the kitties in the neighborhood, but I think they will get along well enough at the wedding and reception. They may ask for a few treats, but I think we can arrange it.

2 hours ago, MORGANH said:

No problem @Jynnan tonnix, I hear sox and sandals are all the rage in fundyland!

This brought back a funny memory for me. My dad had slip on plastic like tennis shoes he wore in the summer with socks. We started jokingly calling them his "Howard" shoes because they reminded us of the Howard Sprague character from Andy Griffith show who wore a similar style.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Porkchop said:

I  would have a  hard time explaining (to anyone outside this group) why I am belly-laughing at a picture of a mustard-colored sweater. 

Save it for the next wedding! There may be another one in the works!

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Save it for the next wedding! There may be another one in the works!

Aja and I have entered a courtship but haven't set a date yet. I think we may elope to the Creation Museum. 

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Aja and I have entered a courtship but haven't set a date yet. I think we may elope to the Creation Museum. 

And who said true romance is dead!

My headship is watching me like hawk since I am being a little defrauded by my eye doctor and her staff. I have lusted in my heart for another since I feel if I was not with my true love headship I would want to hook up with my eye doctor. I am reading the bible and praying my little heart out. Please do not worry because the wedding is still on.

Speaking of my eye doctor...I will not be going on the one eye ointment she wanted me to go on in the first place. She put me on another eye ointment because the insurance company said no to the other one even after my eye doctor office explain I have  tried three prescription eye drops and one eye ointment in the past year. The ironic thing is the new eye ointment I will be trying out is more expensive than the one my eye doctor wanted me to try out in the first place. Go figure!

@Arwen Evenstar Sorry you are getting sick. I am glad you are feeling more like yourself than you have in weeks. Interesting about ovarian cancer causing your calcium to go up.

Edited by bigskygirl
21 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Geez all these courtships& weddings are getting hard to keep track of -- just like the Duggars.

If I got someone from here to marry me, I'd have to be on a

combined Sister-Wives/Counting On forum. 

0_o  (one spouse is more than enough for me.)

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That sounds like an exciting elopement. Maybe you could swing by Silver Dollar City (Or whatever it's called) if they are open. 

I know elopements are supposed to be a surprise but it would be nice to know if we need to save & repurpose things from Wednesday's wedding. 

• Love 5