Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

@GeeGolly and @Celia Rubenstein, I couldn't have been more honored to have been one of your 100 handmaidens bridesmaids. Altlihough I now have no hair and raccoon eye allergies from the green eyeliner, I count myself blessed to have been part of this marriage that God made. May this season of life be caressed at the ripe bosom Mary Magdalene. 

• Love 12

@Celia Rubenstein and @GeeGolly, thank you for sharing your special day. I was all decked out in my modesty panels and enjoyed the fun.

On another note, I’ve got my PET scan today. Just got home about an hour ago. The Avastin seems it’s no longer effective, so God willing, the scan will show that I still have options.  

35 minutes ago, Madtown said:

I am just so glad that Jilly R did your hair and makeup, otherwise you might have looked sluttish..
Did Nurie give up her portions of the leftovers for mama and baby?

How many chicken legs is that?

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

@Celia Rubenstein and @GeeGolly, thank you for sharing your special day. I was all decked out in my modesty panels and enjoyed the fun.

On another note, I’ve got my PET scan today. Just got home about an hour ago. The Avastin seems it’s no longer effective, so God willing, the scan will show that I still have options.  

{{{HUGS}}} @Arwen Evenstar  I hope there are other options for you. Darn cancer.

2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Good vibes heading your way!

• Love 5

What I want to know is who gave you guys the sex talk beforehand...and how was it done without Legos?

Velcro maybe?

(Too nosy, TMI?..none of my damn business?) 

Ok..then forget all that..did you save your first kiss for on the stage after being ponounced married?  How long did you stick around after you were pronounced? 

(I had to stay home to nurse my sick headship, so I missed the ceremony, now I'm sick and I wish I had a wife to nurse me!)

PS..missed a lot whole I typed all this out..best wishes to you, @Arwen Evenstar!

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 9

Thanks all for the good wishes and FF hugs. After 2 weeks of elevated calcium, fatigue, and nausea, to add to anxiety,  my CA125 is also elevated. I’m quite sure some or part of this monster is trying to grow back. Hopefully, I won’t have fluid in my lungs and abdomen as before. And I hope nothing has spread to the point that they can’t do anything.  All I know is that this strain is as aggressive as all get out. The reality is that most treatments stop being effective anywhere from 6-12 months. I’ve had a tough time keeping down food because of the nausea.

Jim Boob will be shocked to find out that LEGO sticks together regardless. 

Steve Anderson would be banging 2 melons or coconuts together.

• Love 16
34 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Thanks all for the good wishes and FF hugs. After 2 weeks of elevated calcium, fatigue, and nausea, to add to anxiety,  my CA125 is also elevated. I’m quite sure some or part of this monster is trying to grow back. Hopefully, I won’t have fluid in my lungs and abdomen as before. And I hope nothing has spread to the point that they can’t do anything.  All I know is that this strain is as aggressive as all get out. The reality is that most treatments stop being effective anywhere from 6-12 months. I’ve had a tough time keeping down food because of the nausea.

Full frontal hugs to you @Arwen Evenstar! We have your back!

• Love 8
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yikes, that last hashtag, #tansparentloser, I read it as Trans Parent Loser, and thought I picked the wrong headship @Celia Rubenstein. Figured it out, phew!

Don't worry, my pet. I will be doing all your reading for you from now on. And telling you how to feel about what I choose to share with you, as well. SMILE! Your life is about to become completely controlled by me so much easier! 

2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Where's the honeymoon? Can't wait to  hear all about it. 

Where any pair of God fearing newlyweds would go if they could - The Creation Museum and The Ark!   Gee Golly really wants to see the cavemen riding on dinosaurs and I can't wait to pig out at the all you can eat Ark buffet. I'm sure it won't be as good as Cracker Barrel but I heard they make their Chickenetti with Velveta and I can't wait!

Arwen, I'm rooting for you and I hope you are feeling better soon. I will bring you Chickenetti made with any cheese product you want when you get your appetite back!  Deal?

• Love 19

My daughter's  college roommate is flying in for the weekend. They'll be Freshmen this Fall, and a group of girls are piggybacking for a meetup. I'm excited and somewhat freaked at the prospect. 

• Love 8
On 2/14/2018 at 9:38 AM, bigskygirl said:

One of us will have to wear an ugly tin foil type dress to the wedding. Any takers?

I planned to wear my Baroness Livenbaum costume from a recent production of Anastasia.  It's almost like being royalty if you're royalty-adjacent, right?

image.png.884b79729c9846607bc2721f47b475c0.png

6 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

After 2 weeks of elevated calcium, fatigue, and nausea, to add to anxiety,  my CA125 is also elevated. I’m quite sure some or part of this monster is trying to grow back. Hopefully, I won’t have fluid in my lungs and abdomen as before. And I hope nothing has spread to the point that they can’t do anything.  All I know is that this strain is as aggressive as all get out. The reality is that most treatments stop being effective anywhere from 6-12 months. I’ve had a tough time keeping down food because of the nausea.

Arwen, I'm sorry to hear this news.  I'm sending lots of prayers and positive energy your way.  I wish you strength and resilience to continue this battle with the grace and courage you've shown so far.

• Love 19

Today is my headship's birthday. In honor of his birthday, I will not, repeat not post a picture of me and Sassy looking at him with total awe with a fake smile on our faces. I also will not post a picture of a bottle of chocolate milk he brought me at the store because he is the most special, wonderful, blessed, season of life husband on the planet. I also will not post about him turning me to Jesus and helping me and Sassy stay away from evilness and to live our lives in order to serve God. I also will not post a picture of him rubbing me feet because to be honest about it, I hate anyone touching my feet.

Edited by bigskygirl
My not me. *lol*

Thanks all for your kind words and good wishes. The recurrence rate of Stage 4 ovarian is reported to be 90 to 95% . It’s the exception rather than the rule to not have it happen. It’s not comforting to know that. 

With more treatment options available and up and coming new drugs, I am optimistic that the odds will be more in our favor. 

• Love 21
17 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Thanks all for your kind words and good wishes. The recurrence rate of Stage 4 ovarian is reported to be 90 to 95% . It’s the exception rather than the rule to not have it happen. It’s not comforting to know that. 

With more treatment options available and up and coming new drugs, I am optimistic that the odds will be more in our favor. 

@Arwen Evenstar, sending all things positive your way. Wishing you the best treatments and meds to fight the fight! You are a strong lady, so if anyone can do it, it's you!

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I have great news! I'm finally being discharged from the phys therapy rehab place on Monday. I have gotten much stronger & my walking (with walker) has greatly improved. Little did I know when I went to ER on Christmas Eve that I wouldn't return home til February. I have a lot of special occasions to celebrate that I missed --  Christmas and my son & mom's birthdays to name a few. It will feel weird getting the Christmas gifts together that I had already purchased.  I have small family & they wanted to wait for me to exchange gifts, which was nice.  Now I just have to remember what I got everyone & where my husband & son stored the presents.  

Whohoo!!! @Barb23

19 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

My strongest good thoughts and hopes headed your way!

• Love 6

Arwen - having good thoughts for you.  You are right, there are other treatment options available out there - so being positive is a good thing.

Happy for you Barb23 and you have a wonderful family putting the hold on the holidays til you were home - good folks you have there.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I have great news! I'm finally being discharged from the phys therapy rehab place on Monday. I have gotten much stronger & my walking (with walker) has greatly improved. Little did I know when I went to ER on Christmas Eve that I wouldn't return home til February. I have a lot of special occasions to celebrate that I missed --  Christmas and my son & mom's birthdays to name a few. It will feel weird getting the Christmas gifts together that I had already purchased.  I have small family & they wanted to wait for me to exchange gifts, which was nice.  Now I just have to remember what I got everyone & where my husband & son stored the presents.  

Congrats @Barb23...that's great news!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Sending major positive thoughts and hugs your way.

• Love 4

@Arwen Evenstar

Praying for you.  I was so busy the past few days and I popped back on for a wedding check in and then I see that you're struggling with The Beast.  I hope our posts here have brought you some distraction...my mom used to say "talk to me about something that isn't cancer"

Guys, I have a problem.  I spilled tater tot casserole on Green Shirt at the wedding when I tripped over a flamingo.   I used the  Duggar home made laundry detergent and IT ATE A HOLE IN GREEN SHIRT.  Can someone contact Michelle and ask her who her supplier is? 

@Celia Rubenstein  I read you chipped a tooth at the wedding?  Listen, call Derick Dillard asap.  He has a fabulous dental team and will have you looking good in a jiffy!  

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 15
13 hours ago, CherryMalotte said:

Arwen - having good thoughts for you.  You are right, there are other treatment options available out there - so being positive is a good thing.

Happy for you Barb23 and you have a wonderful family putting the hold on the holidays til you were home - good folks you have there.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes.  I will be so happy to get home & be able to do things on my schedule.  And get a good night's sleep!!

Yes, I do have a wonderful family, both mine & my husband's.  I am truly blessed.

• Love 8