Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Love2dance said:

Perfect for my margaritas. Coming with homemade chocolate chip cookies.

Can I give a shout out for the Toyota Olympic’s commercials. I NEVER watch commercials, but I am riveted by these, and the Paralympic one makes me cry every time.

My favorite Olympic commercial is the milk one. The little girl is pretending she's a ski jumper while jumping & twirling off the sofa. She's wearing big ski goggles, some kind of vest & has 2 umbrellas as her ski poles. Umbrellas crack me up.Typical kid, using whatever she can find. 

Paralympic one brings tears to my eyes too. 

• Love 3

I was hoping for a snow day but remembered grown ups don't have snow days. VPN got me online. Sigh.

Just got done shoveling the driveway with the hubs and son. Only two inches, but ice underneath. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Same here, it’s crazy.

Same here...though I do't think it's supposed to quite get up into the 70's...mid 60's maybe. Though they do tend to underestimate when it comes to warmer weather for some reason. Hope we don't get a late freeze after all that like we did a couple of years ago...that really did a number on all the fruit trees, especially the stone fruit like nectarines & cherries - we didn't get a single flower on our trees that year.

• Love 1

The coolest day in my central Florida forecast is 81 a week from Wednesday. I'm planning to do yardwork that day. Or maybe in the fall.

I'll bring Mr. Boston Butterscotch Schnapps ... you haven't tried it? Oh my,  it's yummy! Great for cool evenings, if we have any!

• Love 3
On 2/18/2018 at 12:06 PM, GeeGolly said:

She caught me watching The Waltons but shut it off because Erin was acting sluttish by holding a boy's hand.

That's right! 

Don't even get me started on Mary Ellen wearing those bibbed overalls.  They are  men's clothing from the waist down and an eye trap from the waist up.  Disgusting! 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Catfin said:

I was hoping for a snow day but remembered grown ups don't have snow days. VPN got me online. Sigh.

Just got done shoveling the driveway with the hubs and son. Only two inches, but ice underneath. 

It was so lovely to drive home in. :(

• Love 2

Well, my entire family has the flu at the same time. Big kids, little kids, my husband and me.  The first time we have ever all been sick at the same time. 

We are doing OK though.  We are sick but not SICK SICK. 

• Love 8
Just now, Marigold said:

Well, my entire family has the flu at the same time. Big kids, little kids, my husband and me.  The first time we have ever all been sick at the same time. 

We are doing OK though.  We are sick but not SICK SICK. 

That’s rough. I hope you all get better soon!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

Thanks!

I probably picked up this flu at @GeeGolly and @Celia Rubenstein wedding.    It was kinda chilly for an outside wedding. I knew we needed more propane heaters!!    Thank goodness I had my mustard sweater, leggings and long denim skirt. 

Sorry about that Mari. I hope you and your family feel better soon!

Maybe Mr Gold will make you some tea. Celia made me tea. She's the best!

• Love 8

Peachy! Just preachy! My insurance will not pay for the eye ointment my eye doctor wants me to use. My right eye cornea is slightly swollen right now and showing signs of a possible infection along with eye pain, dry eyes and a little blurry vision in both eyes, but oh no, we will not pay for the ointment. They paid over nine hundred dollars total last year for three prescription eye drops (one they paid was close to five hundred dollars,) but they will not pay for an ointment costing around $150.00. Plus the fact they will only pay for one eye exam and bifocal glasses (which also did not help my eyes or vision at all) every two years instead of once a year starting March 1st. I will have to call my eye doctor tomorrow morning and explain to her what is going on. My eye health is getting worse. It is going to cost the state of Montana and the taxpayers a lot more money if my eye health keeps going downhill. I guess it will not make too much sense to pay for preventive care now instead of paying for much more expensive extensive eye care down the road. GRRRRR!!!

Edited by bigskygirl
Should not be typing when I am upset!
On 2/19/2018 at 12:54 AM, Love2dance said:

Come to think of it...that’s what we needed at GeeGolly and Celia’s wedding.....matching bride piñatas.

This reminds me of looking at the pictures of my daughter's second birthday party, when we had a Little Mermaid pinata for her.  I found myself wondering who thought it was a good idea to have little kids bash Ariel with a wooden stick.  Oh yeah, it was me.  

• Love 7

Worried as well, but I’m sure Arwen with let us know on her own time.

@GeeGolly, your forgot to hashtag your sentiment. Please make amends before Celia is offended by your blatant lack of humble bragging.

#CeliaIsTheBestHeadshipEver

#SheMadeMeTea

#IfYouWaitTheLordWillSendYouThePerfectGodlySpouse

Feel free to use my uninspired yet fundie hashtags.

ETA: Hope I didn’t offend anyone, I engage in levity when I’m worried,

Edited by SMama
  • Love 13

Did you guys know there's a book called The Dippy Dinner Drippers, by Jot Cowley?  I was looking at my books on BookCrossing, and I came across that title and laughed so much, I scared my cat!  Anyway, you can not only have drippy sundaes for your birthday, but also drippy dinner!image.png.67e160c563471ef48dfffccd1ed9a529.png

Edited by magpye29
added a picture
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, SMama said:

Worried as well, but I’m sure Arwen with let us know on her own time.

@GeeGolly, your forgot to hashtag your sentiment. Please make amends before Celia is offended by your blatant lack of humble bragging.

#CeliaIsTheBestHeadshipEver

#SheMadeMeTea

#IfYouWaitTheLordWillSendYouThePerfectGodlySpouse

Feel free to use my uninspired yet fundie hashtags.

ETA: Hope I didn’t offend anyone, I engage in levity when I’m worried,

#ohshitsorry #loveisnothavingtogohomealoneatnight #loveiskissing #loveiscelia 

• Love 9

@Marigold and I have decided next Wednesday 2/28 for our wedding day. I would like red, right and blue for our wedding colors. My gown will be white on top, blue in the middle, and red on the bottom. I might go barefoot, but I might decide on some fundie ugly flat type shoes. I do want root beer floats, and a badly home made red, white and blue wedding cake. I also want the bridemaid dresses to be red, white and blue also. My headship will decide on what she will wear.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

@Marigold and I have decided next Wednesday 2/28 for our wedding day. I would like red, right and blue for our wedding colors. My gown will be white on top, blue in the middle, and red on the bottom. I might go barefoot, but I might decide on some fundie ugly flat type shoes. I do want root beer floats, and a badly home made red, white and blue wedding cake. I also want the bridemaid dresses to be red, white and blue also. My headship will decide on what she will wear.

My sewing machine is humming. Every dress will have a modesty panel! No defrauding on my watch! What else do you two lovebirds need? I will forego sleep to make sure this next season of life will transition as smooth as possible. 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

9 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

My sewing machine is humming. Every dress will have a modesty panel! No defrauding on my watch! What else do you two lovebirds need? I will forego sleep to make sure this next season of life will transition as smooth as possible. 

5300SS-5.jpg?1514364543232617.jpg

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

First of all, I meant red, white and blue. Sorry for my mistake. @Marigold's dress will be red on top, white in the middle and blue on the bottom. Red, white and blue cupcakes made on top of the counter the younger kids have been licking would be nice along with macaroni and cheese and tater tots would be delish.

5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

5300SS-5.jpg?1514364543232617.jpg

So the dress on top will have the mustard cardigan added to avoid defrauding? I can order the dresses and the mustard cardigan. How many will be in your bridal party? We can probably order just one size. Stretching is good. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I will do  your wedding  cake for you. Whenever  I try to do any  craft  it looks  like a hyperactive  5 year  old did it after eating 10 pounds  of candy  so it should  be fine.

• Love 14
23 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Peachy! Just preachy! My insurance will not pay for the eye ointment my eye doctor wants me to use. My right eye cornea is slightly swollen right now and showing signs of a possible infection along with eye pain, dry eyes and a little blurry vision in both eyes, but oh no, we will not pay for the ointment. They paid over nine hundred dollars total last year for three prescription eye drops (one they paid was close to five hundred dollars,) but they will not pay for an ointment costing around $150.00. Plus the fact they will only pay for one eye exam and bifocal glasses (which also did not help my eyes or vision at all) every two years instead of once a year starting March 1st. I will have to call my eye doctor tomorrow morning and explain to her what is going on. My eye health is getting worse. It is going to cost the state of Montana and the taxpayers a lot more money if my eye health keeps going downhill. I guess it will not make too much sense to pay for preventive care now instead of paying for much more expensive extensive eye care down the road. GRRRRR!!!

BigSkyGirl, I hope your eye doc gives you some samples.  My brother-in-law had a very expensive prescription to fill at his regular pharmacy.  It was $810 and he has no prescription coverage.  He took the prescription to Costco (you do not have to be a member to use the pharmacy) and they could fill it for $67.  He was also able to get that price matched at his regular pharmacy for the next refill.  Just a thought.  I hope you get the medicine you need.  

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

He took the prescription to Costco (you do not have to be a member to use the pharmacy) and they could fill it for $67.  He was also able to get that price matched at his regular pharmacy for the next refill.

Don't count on price matching. A lot of pharmacies don't do it.

My recommendation for the best price on prescription meds is either Costco or Walmart and the website goodrx.com . Costco and Walmart often have the lowest cash prices on medications which translates into lower costs with goodrx. (Goodrx is useful in certain cases, like primary insurance doesn't pay or doesn't pay well for a medication. It's ultimately not in your benefit if your insurance has a large deductible.)

Another suggestion is a local independent pharmacy. Because they're independently owned they can work with you better and have more room for negotiation than a chain pharmacy like CVS or Walgreens.

@BettyBee is correct, you don't need to be a member to use the pharmacies at wholesale clubs like Sam's Club or Costco. You also don't have to be a member to buy alcohol from them, either.

Best of luck!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

First of all, I meant red, white and blue. Sorry for my mistake. @Marigold's dress will be red on top, white in the middle and blue on the bottom. Red, white and blue cupcakes made on top of the counter the younger kids have been licking would be nice along with macaroni and cheese and tater tots would be delish.

I have my frumpwear apron ready & would love to help with the reception food. But you do have rather expensive tastes including the root beer floats. I'm used to throwing together snack mix, popcorn & 1/4 tspns of dip for everyone. I could go all out &  make  Rice Krispie treats too (made with Wal-Mart brand rice krispes& marshmallows to cut back on costs, of course) and  decorated  with red, white & blue sprinkles. 

Is it ok if we use the  leftover Dixie cups fromGee golly & Celia's wedding? I overbought & have plenty left. 

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I have my frumpwear apron ready & would love to help with the reception food. But you do have rather expensive tastes including the root beer floats. I'm used to throwing together snack mix, popcorn & 1/4 tspns of dip for everyone. I could go all out &  make  Rice Krispie treats too (made with Wal-Mart brand rice krispes& marshmallows to cut back on costs, of course) and  decorated  with red, white & blue sprinkles. 

Is it ok if we use the  leftover Dixie cups fromGee golly & Celia's wedding? I overbought & have plenty left. 

Sounds fine to me. Please make sure I can chew the Rice Krispie Treats since my TMJ has been acting up. Sassy is giving me away, so we need to have a cute bow made for her, and of course one container of her favorite cat treats at the reception. Just make sure no one tries to run her over with a sled.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Sounds fine to me. Please make sure I can chew the Rice Krispie Treats since my TMJ has been acting up. Sassy is giving me away, so we need to have a cute bow made for her, and of course one container of her favorite cat treats at the reception. Just make sure no one tries to run her over with a sled.

On it!

• Love 4

You guys will recognize me at the wedding.  I'm going to decorate my walker and wheelchair (I use for distances) with red, white & blue crepe paper, ribbons, balloons, etc*. I'm going to make sure I don't have my home physical therapy scheduled for Wednesday but will do plenty of exercises before then so I will be in tip-top shape, esp since I'll be helping with the reception. 

I hope you are doing the confetti cannons, even tho it is getting kind of repetitive.  Maybe they can shoot out red, white & blue stars or hearts instead, just an idea. 

* I will be happy to tone back my decorations if they seem a bit much to you. I don't want to take any attention away from the bride & groom. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Barb23 said:

You guys will recognize me at the wedding.  I'm going to decorate my walker and wheelchair (I use for distances) with red, white & blue crepe paper, ribbons, balloons, etc*. I'm going to make sure I don't have my home physical therapy scheduled for Wednesday but will do plenty of exercises before then so I will be in tip-top shape, esp since I'll be helping with the reception. 

I hope you are doing the confetti cannons, even tho it is getting kind of repetitive.  Maybe they can shoot out red, white & blue stars instead, just an idea. 

* I will be happy to tone back my decorations if they seem a bit much to you. I don't want to take any attention away from the bride & groom. 

Oops, I meant to add & not quote myself.

Just wondering if you two are planning anything special for your first kiss or will it be a surprise?  Maybe Sassy could hold up a sign saying she gives her permission for @Marigold  to kiss @bigskygirl.

• Love 4

Thanks for the update...I was soo worried for you. Keep fighting! I hope this next round of chemo does go more`easily for you. Will surgery be an option if they can keep it down? Sending you all the best healing thoughts and virtual full-body hugs. (((Arwen)))

• Love 8

Arwen, I'm also sending healing thoughts your way. As @MORGANH said, you have an army of cyber friends here rooting for you.  Hope the new chemo is better for you. 

Hopefully all the posts about the  weddings among our fellow cyber friends & the other Duggar shenanigans  will lift your spirits & take your mind off the bad stuff for awhile. You know there will be plenty of extra snarking when Joy gives birth. 

• Love 12