Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

To all my wonderful friends. I  might or might not be able to play Find Smuggar tonight.  The reason is my youngest is in the hospital with a brain tumor.  He was complaining about headaches so my pediatrician got him a appointment with a brain doctor who works with kids and she admitted him this morning.  Right now they are running all kind of testing. 

So sorry to hear this. I can't imagine what you're going through. Hugs,prayers, and good thoughts. Please update us when you are able. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

To all my wonderful friends. I  might or might not be able to play Find Smuggar tonight.  The reason is my youngest is in the hospital with a brain tumor.  He was complaining about headaches so my pediatrician got him a appointment with a brain doctor who works with kids and she admitted him this morning.  Right now they are running all kind of testing. 

I’m so sorry!  You are both in my thoughts and prayers. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

Many hugs and prayers  for you and you family . Please  know that if you need to talk or vent this is a good place.

• Love 1

Well who’s the results from the MRI the tumor is wrapped around his brainstem they don’t know if it’s cancerous or not he’s in the OR right now we don’t know how long it’ll take and also I called his father and told him what is going on and all his father said was to me to bad so sad not my problem and you better have both boys ready at 6 o’clock so I can have my weekend with them And if I don’t have them ready at 6 o’clock he’s going to call the police on me and say I’m refusing to have him have his visitation weekend so it looks like depending on how long the operation is keep my mind off what he’s going through Hell I might be playing where is  Smuggar?

• Love 6

rabbitron, my first instinct was to pray, which i did. i am caught off-guard with this, as i bet you were.  i truly dont know what to say except to send my thoughts as have the others here. 

ETA: i posted this before reading your update. i am floored. 

Edited by zoomama
  • Love 1
Just now, Rabbittron said:

Well who’s the results from the MRI the tumor is wrapped around his brainstem they don’t know if it’s cancerous or not he’s in the OR right now we don’t know how long it’ll take and also I called his father and told him what is going on and all his father said was to me to bad so sad not my problem and you better have both boys ready at 6 o’clock so I can have my weekend with them And if I don’t have them ready at 6 o’clock he’s going to call the police on me and say I’m refusing to have him have his visitation weekend so it looks like depending on how long the operation is keep my mind off what he’s going through Hell I might be playing where is  Smuggar?

I have no words about the boys father. More prayers  and hugs.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Nice...What a piece of work!!! {{{HUGS}}}

22 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

This surgery takes a long time, six to eight hours is normal.  Most of these brain tumors in children are benign.  They are removed and never grow back.  I hope that will be the result for your child.  As for your ex husband:  I'm glad you had the good sense to divorce the jerk.

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

I’m so sorry. The last thing you need right now is extra aggravation from their dad. I  hope the surgery is going well and the tumor is not cancerous. 

Just got done watching it there was one who resembled him and also they have a new program for people who have to come back a second time and they said they started it a few weeks ago so that fits into our timeline when he went back

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Just got done watching it there was one who resembled him and also they have a new program for people who have to come back a second time and they said they started it a few weeks ago so that fits into our timeline when he went back

After reading this, I am convinced that Josh is there and that he got caught messing around again.

If so many people have to come back a second time, then their 'treatment' program must not work very well!  Maybe RU should employ psychologists who have training in treating addicts instead of treating people with forced labor and Bible study.  And while they're at it, a real psychologist might be able to help the morbidly obese Cisco lose his addiction to gluttony. This is a comment someone posted on the RU Facebook page:

"Faith-based (more like fear-based) recovery does not work. People who have addictions are in need of real help and there are better local organizations in the Rockford area that can give them real help and hope: Rosecrance, for example, is excellent. This place is run by a church that is a borderline cult, and shouldn’t even legally be able to operate."

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 4

I got a phone call from my lawyer asking me why am refusing visitation I thought what are you talking about and he said that he got a call from my exes lawyer that I’m refusing visitation I said I was not refusing visitation but that our youngest is undergoing brain surgery so my lawyer says oh his lawyer didn’t say that so I don’t know what happened after that I imagined it but I don’t recall his lawyer And yelled at him for the bullshit

• Love 12

@SMama  Slow Cooker Italian beef sandwich recipe:

1   4-5 lb roast (I usually use eye round but the recipe says rump)

3 cups beef broth

2 packages dry Italian dressing 

1 bay leaf

1 teaspoon each of the following spices:

salt

ground black pepper

dried oregano

dried basil

onion salt

dried parsley

garlic powder

Cut roast into 8-10 chunks and put in slow cooker  

Combine broth, Italian dressing and spices in a saucepan. Stir well and bring to a boil. 

Pour broth mixture over meat. 

Cook 10-12 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high

When done, remove bay leaf and shred with fork. 

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

I got a phone call from my lawyer asking me why am refusing visitation I thought what are you talking about and he said that he got a call from my exes lawyer that I’m refusing visitation I said I was not refusing visitation but that our youngest is undergoing brain surgery so my lawyer says oh his lawyer didn’t say that so I don’t know what happened after that I imagined it but I don’t recall his lawyer And yelled at him for the bullshit

I imagine  your ex. got an ear  full from his lawyer . I have a few  words I would  like to pass on to him myself . 

• Love 6

@rabbittron I am so sorry about your nuggett. Thoughts and prayers to you. I can't even imagine.

May your ex husband's nuts get gnawed off by a rabid dog and then he gets impaled by a big rusty beam.

• Love 5

I think you all are wonderful people!  I love that we can come here and share what bothers and upsets us as well as our joys. That really is the most amazing part of this community. 

To those struggling with incessant donation requests, there really is just so much we can do. I truly feel that you don’t need to feel guilty about not donating , especially after it seems aggressive. I have to remind myself that these folks don’t know many of our personal situations.  Many of us could be strapped but aren’t posting it on social media. I know I don’t have the funds to donate either. We just literally can’t afford to donate. It just isn’t possible. The fact that you feel so conflicted just shows how kind you are and definitely not an asshole in my book!  If it’s one thing that I’ve learned is that we have to take care of ourselves first. I’m personally working on saying “no” especially when I feel like I’m being taken advantage of. I’ve seen many messages on Go Fund Me that say “I wish I could donate but I don’t have any money to give. I will be praying for you and thinking of you”.  Maybe I’m a softie but I think that’s a really nice thing to do. Then again I can’t say that it would ibe a post seen often by those that are going overboard and hounding for donations. It’s just not right. I do feel badly for their tragedies but sometimes I send a card instead.

I hope you all can feel well about your decisions to avoid, block, etc. Sometimes a FB vacation isn’t a bad thing.

(((Hugs)))

MrsO

• Love 10
On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:14 AM, OneMoreStop said:

Any other non sleepers out there? This is nuts. I sleep for about 3 hours and then I am UP. Too bad everyone else in the house is sleeping or I could get shit done!

i eventually fall back to sleep a few hours later thanks to books and Netlixvand headphones but wake up late. Medications don’t really work. Starting to think I’m part vampire.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:18 AM, Catfin said:

Tired of waking up in a pool of sweat. Pretty sure the menopause fairy is visiting. 

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:01 AM, Catfin said:

I'm overdue for my annual.  Will be calling Monday morning. 

Curious, has anyone done hormone replacement therapy? I've always had the mindset of "hell no" as my mom's breast cancer was linked to twenty years use of the meds.  Not certain why her doc had her on HRT twenty years and am pretty sure they should lose their license for that. 

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:39 AM, Catfin said:

Thanks for the feedback. I had a hysterectomy ten years ago at 42 but kept my ovaries. Will have to see what my gyn thinks.  This female aging is for the birds. I can  also do without the chin hair. Argh. 

I see I have found a tribe of middle-aged women. Been fighting hot flashes and night sweats for going on 7 years now (I'll be 49 next month). Had a few mood swings and migraines early on but those haven't revisited me fortunately. And I'm one of the many who can't take hormones. Fun times.

15 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

:( Praying he is OK.

• Love 1

@Rabbittron I apologize for missing your posts. Count me in as one that will join the army of friends hear willing to “remind” him of what an awful person he is. I am truly speechless by his actions and the suffering he is causing you.

I am sending much love to you and your son and his progress. 

No one messes with our children and gets away with it. No. One. ?

If you can and haven’t already, please try to keep any record you can of your ex’s poor behavior. 

((Hugs)))

• Love 1

I would like to set up a Go Fund Me to put out a hit on Rabbittron's ex.  Anyone care to donate?

As for giving random people cash on the internet, I donate to no Go Fund Me's for people I do not know or who are not vouched for by people I trust.  I am single, my house is paid for, I make a very nice income and have no major debt.  So what?  My money was earned the old fashioned way and I do not contribute unless I am fairly certain that the recipient will use it for a real need. I can write a check to people I actually know if I want to help someone out.  Or give it to a charity that I know is legit.

I run into patients all the time who tell me all about their recent Caribbean cruise, show me their latest designer purse and smoke a pack a day and then tell me they have no money to pay for ibuprofen.  I have pointed out on occasion that it is obvious that it is not so much that they cannot pay for it but they CHOOSE not to.  Two very different things.

• Love 18

I seldom carry more than $2 cash in my wallet.  I began that when I was working and a co-worker's mother died in a foreign country. A collection was begun headed by our bosses to send her and if possible her family to the funeral.  Most of us gave quite generously.  Two weeks went by and she hadn't taken any leave.  I asked her about the funeral and she smiled and said they decided to use the money to go to Australia on vacation.  I have always been either "out of cash" or I'll give you what I have in my wallet ever since.  I do have a zipper pocket in my handbag with cash in it.  I have never and don't expect to ever contribute to a GoFundMe.  Just last Sunday I had someone try to grift both cash and my handicapped placard from me at a store parking lot.  Life has made me cynical.  ;)

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I would like to set up a Go Fund Me to put out a hit on Rabbittron's ex.  Anyone care to donate?

As for giving random people cash on the internet, I donate to no Go Fund Me's for people I do not know or who are not vouched for by people I trust.  I am single, my house is paid for, I make a very nice income and have no major debt.  So what?  My money was earned the old fashioned way and I do not contribute unless I am fairly certain that the recipient will use it for a real need. I can write a check to people I actually know if I want to help someone out.  Or give it to a charity that I know is legit.

I run into patients all the time who tell me all about their recent Caribbean cruise, show me their latest designer purse and smoke a pack a day and then tell me they have no money to pay for ibuprofen.  I have pointed out on occasion that it is obvious that it is not so much that they cannot pay for it but they CHOOSE not to.  Two very different things.

I would gladly donate to a Go Fund Me that hired someone to take the biggest rod recommended by the Pearls and practice extensive rod training with it on Rabbittron’s ex. I would pay extra if the person made sure that the ex couldn’t father any more children.  Bastard doesn’t deserve them.

I’m a little worried that we haven’t heard how the surgery went. Hopefully, everything went ok and Rabbitron is just busy caring for her child.

Edited by EVS
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Hi friends:

I just got up surgery ended about 4:30 mt this morning.  It was not only twisted but also wrapped around it self. He is in a lot of pain of course it was also benign.  The only thing he is upset about is he will be missing school.  He is a kid who loves school. He wants me to go to school on Monday and get all his school work. He just had major surgery and all he cares about is missing school. 

That’s one amazing, not to mention resilient, kid you’ve got there Rabbitron. Meanwhile, your ex can go walk in traffic. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Hi friends:

I just got up surgery ended about 4:30 mt this morning.  It was not only twisted but also wrapped around it self. He is in a lot of pain of course it was also benign.  The only thing he is upset about is he will be missing school.  He is a kid who loves school. He wants me to go to school on Monday and get all his school work. He just had major surgery and all he cares about is missing school. 

So happy to hear it's benign.  One wonderful kid there - that comes out of surgery and doesn't want to miss school - WOW.  May you have a day of pizza and beer for yourself, in public, so when the ex-hubby has an ouchie, you have an alibi.  Go Momma!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, EVS said:

I’m glad he got through the surgery ok and the tumor was benign.  How long will he be in the hospital and how long will his recovery take?

He should be in the hospital at least two weeks and recovery can take up to a year.

• Love 10