Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/17/14

Athena
  • Start Topic

I'm still struggling y'all.

WTF?  Is Whoopi really trying to tell America that she does not have any comprehension of white privilege?  Seriously?  I just don't even know where to start with this. She completely shouted and shut Ro down.  Again.

This Ferguson situation and the way it is being handled is making it even more of a powder keg in my estimation, and that Whoopi is a big problem and we all should be able to discuss why it makes us uncomfortable in every aspect.  I pray that cooler heads prevail and follow the pleas of Michael Brown's parents, but the way authorities are handling this is just adding fuel to the fire, it's taking a very tense situation and making it worse.

To that end, I didn't appreciate either RosieP or Nicolle's remarks either.

I was fine with Shaq promoting the new Icy Hot tens units, I think it's a big breakthrough that these are being commercially sold because they do wonders for muscle based pain and now that they are so easily available, maybe less folks will get trapped into addicting narcotics for pain.

• Love 6

The Ferguson discussion was intense. I don't know why Rosie O kept insisting that they already know what the grand jury is going to say. (And I don't know why Rosie is so quick to condemn the police officer - everything I had read said that the guy had attacked the police officer and was reaching for his gun). I'd also like to see the ratio of how many Caucasians apply to the police force versus the number of people of other races. Rosie mentioned that it was majority group that was policing a town of mainly minority people - but I'd like to know if this is just because of the people that are applying or if whoever does the hiring is actually racist (like Rosie and other people have implied).

The discussion about the male/female friendships was interesting. Whoopi basically said that the only reason a woman would tell her husband he couldn't have female friends was if she knew he was cheating. Rosie P was quite impressed with herself that she trusted her husband enough that he could have female friends and that she had male friends. And then there was Nicolle who was thrilled her husband had female friends because he now knew that he had to get up in the night with the baby (which I thought was weird cos shouldn't baby issues be something he discusses with his wife). But nobody ever described what type of friendship they were talking about. It's one thing to have opposite gender friends in the workplace that you are comfortable doing odd favours for. Or if it was opposite gender friend that you've known forever and now you double date with your spouses. It's a completely different thing if your spouse is going out to clubs or romantic movies with the opposite gender while you're at home with the baby.

• Love 4

I know this is a board where we comment on the good and snark on the bad, but overall I'm pretty much enjoying the shows when I watch them and enjoy reading on here but it does seem that without Bitsy and sherrie, the guns are pointed double-barrel at Whoopi.

Yes, Whoopi said she didn't know the lady was coming but I took it to mean that perhaps she just found out earlier that morning not literally that she just saw her when she walked out. The lady did not call Whoopi days ahead of time to let her know but I'd bet she did let her know that day which is when she got front row placement. The lady wished her a belated happy birthday which was sweet. Yes, she has fun shoes, crazy socks, wild hair and is talking passionately about stuff this season (cause Babs isn't there to stifle) and she is what she is.

Rosie P. I find myself nodding in agreement with a lot. I do not mind her voice. I'm first generation American, my parents were immigrants from Europe who learned English fluently but still retained an accent, so I try to be very open to and tolerant of people with accents and different ways of talking (although a really strong twangy Southern accent is most challenging for me to listen to!).

I also agree a lot with Rosie O, love her humor and hope her more thoughtful reactions and responses are a result of being in a better place in her life, controlled meds, and maturing with age. She seems more stable and that is a good thing. I loved her show on Oprah when she did the in depth one-on-one interviews - she was great in that format. She was cute with those little girls today.....but I love Frozen too.

Nicole I didn't know at all but I think she fits in well and can hold her own but maybe holding her republican policy side back a bit to. It rock the boat. She is such a change from Bitsy how can you not like her!

Maybe I'm just getting "soft" in my ability to snark........

Edited by CathInAZ
  • Love 10

Rosie mentioned that it was majority group that was policing a town of mainly minority people - but I'd like to know if this is just because of the people that are applying or if whoever does the hiring is actually racist (like Rosie and other people have implied).

I thought Rosie said the opposite, that the minority (white cops) is policing the majority (black community) in the segregated city (Ferguson).  

In regards to Rosie acting like the they already know what the grand jury decision will be, I have to agree, when a mayor or governor already declares a state of emergency I think something is up as well, imo.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 14

Heh. "He was reaching for my gun" sure is a handy-dandy phrase if you need to wiggle your way out of all kinds of pickles brought on by over-zealous firearms use.

It sure is.

I wonder how long the poor kid's arms were? He was away from the police car and had hands up and still was shot in the head. It was to bad they couldn't talk about it more, before it had to become the Whoopi last word moment.

And as for NW, no RosieO was not on the grand jury, but it is her opinion that it will be an injustice if the cop is not charged. And mine too.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 10

Back in the Bitsy and Sherri days, Whoopi's interruptions were welcomed when they happened. Now those same interruptions are not welcomed because we want to hear the other hosts opinions. JMHO

Heh. "He was reaching for my gun" sure is a handy-dandy phrase if you need to wiggle your way out of all kinds of pickles brought on by over-zealous firearms use.

I keep thinking of that video of the guy getting shot when he was getting his license out of his car. That cop said the guy came at him. The video clearly showed he didn't. Perception can be everything. I really don't think the Ferguson cop will be indicted.

And Nicolle knows the last place the President should be is in Ferguson. She would be the first one on Morning Joe criticizing him.

• Love 11

After they ran Rosie P's bit about her charity, Whoopi says "Can I put a period on that sentence?" and then chimes in with her thoughts on the Arts and their importance in schools  .... which was the whole entire point of showing that bit and letting Rosie P speak about it, no?  THAT's the reason Whoopi is starting to royally piss a lot of people off.  Because nobody needed her to "put a period on that sentence" because Rosie was handling it just fine on her own, thank you very much.  It was HER charity for cripe's sake!  But Whoopi cannot help herself and has to have the last word on anything & everything.

• Love 16

Oh yeah, I forgot NW urging the President to go to Ferguson. OK NW you're slick but I see you.

I completely agree with both you and Dissy. We all know Nicolle is ringing Pavlov's bell on behalf of FOX and the GOP with that "recommendation." She knows full well it feeds the Beast of Racism, especially with the Far Right screaming "what about black on black crime!" all the while claiming Obama doesn't care about white people.

Edited by Milk-Eyed Mender
  • Love 10

Whoopi was again annoying today. All her references to bodily functions are so unnecessary and they stop the conversations cold. Furthermore, yes, those little girls singing Frozen was boring and I think Frozen has been done to death (thank you, RO), but I watched Whoopi through the whole painful segment and she was totally disengaged--pouting, almost. I'm sure it was because there was no way any of that could be brought back to her. My complaint is that she's a co-host and has a responsibility to participate in the show. I didn't care much for the segment at all, but I'm a viewer. She's right there, making bank, and she made it very clear that she did not like it. I wonder if anyone ever takes her to the woodshed? Shame on you, Whoopi. And stop with the fart jokes.

• Love 13

I'm not interested in reading Brooke Shields' book, but I thought she looked fine. That's what people look like as they start to age.

I thought she was stunning.  That's beauty, aging.  She has one of those faces where she'll look like herself until she's 90, and very few people will ever look that gorgeous.

• Love 10

Athousandclowns, I agree wholeheartedly! Whoopi is pissing me off so much that I don't want to watch the show anymore! It was so obvious Ro was upset after that know- it- all voiced her crap and crap it certainly was! What really caught my eye was keeping my eye on her (Whoopi) during Ro singing with the two little girls. Yes I know the Frozen thing is overdone but ya know what bitch? Have a little respect for your co workers! As the other hosts were looking on smiling and getting all endeared to Rosie and the little girls, there's bitch face Whoopi looking off in another direction with her face resting in her hand, looking bored and totally out of it. I'm done with that bitch!

• Love 8

I was wondering if the panel was ever going to discuss Ferguson, lol. Very clever of Nicolle to strongly advise President Obama to go all out with presidential boots on the ground in Ferguson once the grand jury announces its decision. She knows what fires up her party and nothing fires them up like the White House addressing a case of white-on-black violence. RWNJs still haven't recovered from Obama's "If I had a son he would look like Trayvon" comment from two years ago. They will be like lions on an injured wildebeest if he so much as mentions Mike Brown's name and if he's physically present in Missouri, Forget.It.

I can't decide if this went completely over the other co-hosts head or they all just decided to ignore it.  If it was the latter, it was probably the best move to let it fall flat.   But as imajagain noted, I see you Nicolle.  The last thing "the most powerful man in the world" needs to do is to physically insert himself into a highly volatile situation and Nicolle knows that or should know that. 

I didn't mind Nicolle's push back with RO about someone in authority already knowing how the ruling would go; I agree with RO but I really think that both her and Nicolle can have a respectful exchange if given the chance.  Of course the conversation wasn't allowed to continue past Whoopi's ridiculous, ridiculous rant which she ended by announcing a fart.  And by the way,  the next time Whoopi Goldberg decides it's a good idea to shake her finger at the viewers I'm out.  

• Love 6

I've been around a long time and I can say today was the first time I've seen a talk show host basically announce she just farted. Nicholle was lucky Whoopie didn't grab the back of her head and shove it towards her butt like a 12 year old boy would have.

• Love 6

The Ferguson discussion was intense. I don't know why Rosie O kept insisting that they already know what the grand jury is going to say. (And I don't know why Rosie is so quick to condemn the police officer - everything I had read said that the guy had attacked the police officer and was reaching for his gun). I'd also like to see the ratio of how many Caucasians apply to the police force versus the number of people of other races. Rosie mentioned that it was majority group that was policing a town of mainly minority people - but I'd like to know if this is just because of the people that are applying or if whoever does the hiring is actually racist (like Rosie and other people have implied).

The discussion about the male/female friendships was interesting. Whoopi basically said that the only reason a woman would tell her husband he couldn't have female friends was if she knew he was cheating. Rosie P was quite impressed with herself that she trusted her husband enough that he could have female friends and that she had male friends. And then there was Nicolle who was thrilled her husband had female friends because he now knew that he had to get up in the night with the baby (which I thought was weird cos shouldn't baby issues be something he discusses with his wife). But nobody ever described what type of friendship they were talking about. It's one thing to have opposite gender friends in the workplace that you are comfortable doing odd favours for. Or if it was opposite gender friend that you've known forever and now you double date with your spouses. It's a completely different thing if your spouse is going out to clubs or romantic movies with the opposite gender while you're at home with the baby.

Even if it were true that Mike Brown tried to get his gun..... when he was shot dead he was 35 feet away from the car.... away from the cop who shot him...... They say from when the cop called in his stop to when Brown was killed was a full 90 seconds....It seems police shoot first then tell the story any way they want to.

• Love 4

I can't decide if this went completely over the other co-hosts head or they all just decided to ignore it.  If it was the latter, it was probably the best move to let it fall flat.   But as imajagain noted, I see you Nicolle.  The last thing "the most powerful man in the world" needs to do is to physically insert himself into a highly volatile situation and Nicolle knows that or should know that. 

I didn't mind Nicolle's push back with RO about someone in authority already knowing how the ruling would go; I agree with RO but I really think that both her and Nicolle can have a respectful exchange if given the chance.  Of course the conversation wasn't allowed to continue past Whoopi's ridiculous, ridiculous rant which she ended by announcing a fart.  And by the way,  the next time Whoopi Goldberg decides it's a good idea to shake her finger at the viewers I'm out.  

Dont let her get away with that Cosmocrush open a twitter account if you dont already have one and let her have it.... tell her how she is screwing up the show and how her ego is too big for her own good.... just cause she doesnt want to hear it shouldnt silence you.... we should all get loud for her... just because it would annoy her

• Love 4

Furthermore, yes, those little girls singing Frozen was boring and I think Frozen has been done to death (thank you, RO), but I watched Whoopi through the whole painful segment and she was totally disengaged--pouting, almost.

What really caught my eye was keeping my eye on her (Whoopi) during Ro singing with the two little girls. Yes I know the Frozen thing is overdone but ya know what bitch? Have a little respect for your co workers! As the other hosts were looking on smiling and getting all endeared to Rosie and the little girls, there's bitch face Whoopi looking off in another direction with her face resting in her hand, looking bored and totally out of it.

I noticed this too. I even rewound it because I couldn't believe that someone being paid to work on a talk show would behave that way. She practically had her back turned to RO, as though it would have taken something away from her personally to sit there and smile like a normal human being.

That was right up there with Elisabeth's yawning and stretching during Kathy Griffin's appearance, only this overt display of "I don't give a shit" was directed at a coworker. So unprofessional and just ridiculous.

There must be a producer somewhere behind the scenes who noticed this crap, right? Maybe?

• Love 8

In this case, "minority" means that there are more citizens - "the majority" - than police - who may be white, but in terms of numbers are "the minority." I hope I made that clear! 

And Whoopi is so wrong about "this could be anyone's child" - meaning white, black, Latino, etc. The white teenager walks around with a buffer around him - a person of color, not so much. What world does she live in? 

• Love 8

I'm sure after the show, and perhaps before the show, Whoopi probably argued as to why they all needed to be at the table for the Frozen sing-along, not that it took five minutes really.  If Whoopi could have walked backstage she would have, but since it was a gradual change into that segment, she had to sit at the table or else it would have been noticeable as the only one not at the table and she would have been called out as being disrespectful.  I really can't see Whoopi and Rosie getting along all that well behind the scenes.

I watched that clip someone posted earlier of the AskRo segment off youtube.  Rosie seems so tense, even off camera.  Something is up, and I really don't think Rosie will be back after this season.  There is too much drama, and it was obvious that all the questions she skipped were in regards to Whoopi.  I even felt it w/the producer(?) who came in to make sure exactly how the sing-a-long w/the young girls was going to go.

I was so glad that they brought up the hot topic of how there are no black/african-american emoji icons.  I've been feeling a gay white guy, that this topic has needed to be discussed for awhile now and thank goodness the ladies of the View have decided to tackle this.  Seriously?!  Ugh...if they are going to say there are no black/african-american emoji's how about the fact there are no white/caucasian emoji's too, b/c the last time I looked in the mirror i'm not yellow.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 7

And I don't know why Rosie is so quick to condemn the police officer - everything I had read said that the guy had attacked the police officer and was reaching for his gun.

Yeah, why would Rosie, or anyone, condemn a white police officer who shot an unarmed black kid who was running away and was no threat at all to him, and when he turned around with his arms up in surrender shot him again and then when the kid had fallen to the ground fire two or three more shots directly into the top of his head? Nothing wrong with that, right? Especially after having heard and read a number of witness accounts reported in/on legitimate news sources who said they saw with their own eyes that it was the cop who started and continued the confrontation? Silly Rosie.

• Love 17

Did anyone else hear whoopi when she snuck in the small tidbit that she has already received the award that evangeline lily will be getting? She just couldn't let that go without saying. Too bad evangeline didn't hear her and made it a point to tell us that whoopi was too humble to mention that she was a past recipient. No, evangeline, no. You clearly don't know whoopi--there's not one humble bone in her body.

Not to be one to defend Whoopi, but she was asking Ms. Lily to explain to everyone what the award was for since she already knew since she had received the award previously.  It was a humblebrag, but it wasn't like she was making it all about herself.  We still don't know what the award is for.  The whole Evangeline Lily interview was horrible.  Too much to talk about and not enough time.  She had to plug her book, her award, the last Hobbit movie, the chance to win a trip to the premiere of the last Hobbit movie, and quite possibly her new movie she is filming Marvel Comics Ant-Man which explains her haircut.

• Love 1

It is not a secret that RosieO has only a one-year contract.

Yes, but I think she chose not to sign a long-term contract and decided to go for a year to year contract.  In other words her coming back next season is her decision and not the networks or whatever spin they try to use or throw out there.  If it's true that Whoopi's contract is up at the end of the season then this is where the drama will come from behind the scenes.  I could see Rosie saying she will come back as long as Whoopi's contract is not renewed, which, let's be honest, would be for the best.

• Love 10

I don't understand why they even had that "Frozen" segment with Rosie. (I know this is very trivial compared to larger issues, but it bugged me.) It's a shameless plug for the movie merchandise. The little girls singing has gone viral? I haven't heard or seen it anywhere, and I can't imagine people are clamoring to see it. 

It's cute that Rosie's baby is so engaged with "Frozen," as are most of my preschool students. But this went beyond a cute anecdote - the merchandise was piled up on a cart and wheeled right onto the set. Unless Rosie's getting a kickback for each time she mentioned the film, the characters, or the stuff, it's very strange. 

• Love 5

I'm not interested in reading Brooke Shields' book, but I thought she looked fine. That's what people look like as they start to age.

Especially when they don't have cosmetic surgery!  We are so used to   celebrities looking like 25 year olds when they are actually 50 that when someone comes on the show looking "real,"  they are accused of not aging well.

• Love 11

The Frozen sing-a-long dvd was released today and this was a great way to promote it and keep Frozen in the public consciousness since it is the holiday season, and the main reason why is b/c Disney owns ABC and when they say jump the ladies on the View say how high.

• Love 5

I watched that clip someone posted earlier of the AskRo segment off youtube.  Rosie seems so tense, even off camera.  Something is up, and I really don't think Rosie will be back after this season.  There is too much drama, and it was obvious that all the questions she skipped were in regards to Whoopi.  I even felt it w/the producer(?) who came in to make sure exactly how the sing-a-long w/the young girls was going to go.

Yes, I can see Whoopi and Rosie O clashing. Rosie O cares about getting everything right and Whoopi doesn't care about anything. And, as flaws go, I'd take the former over the latter. I wouldn't be surprised if Whoopi is/has been complaining about every little change to the show from the very beginning. That said, Whoopi is the one failing this season, so I hope she is the one that goes.

And I agree, I've never seen white emoticons either. What a stupid topic.

I loved hearing Rosie O speaking during the Ferguson topic. Nicolle was irritating the way she acted like she didn't know exactly what Rosie was talking about in regards to how the trial will turn out. After George Zimmerman got nothing, I'm really not expecting anything to happen here. It was very odd to see Whoopi disagreeing with Rosie O on that topic; I have a feeling she'd disagree with anything that comes from Rosie O, tbh.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 12

To be fair, Whoopi wasn't the only host resting her head in her hands during the girls singing Frozen bit. And, while nicole and perez looked straight ahead at the trio's backs, wasn't Whoopi just looking to the side at the monitor screen do she could see what the rest of us saw, the trio's faces? If the stage is set up like other shows, there is a monitor off camera near cameras on both sides of the table

• Love 1

Dont let her get away with that Cosmocrush open a twitter account if you dont already have one and let her have it.... tell her how she is screwing up the show and how her ego is too big for her own good.... just cause she doesnt want to hear it shouldnt silence you.... we should all get loud for her... just because it would annoy her

Ha!  I did send a comment to the show.  I doubt Whoopi  even looks at her public Twitter but someone at this show must. 

And Whoopi is so wrong about "this could be anyone's child" - meaning white, black, Latino, etc. The white teenager walks around with a buffer around him - a person of color, not so much. What world does she live in? 

The rarefied world of the 1% and a self described Movie Stah.   Or Crazytown. 

Rosie is still retweeting people who support her Ferguson opinion and saying Whoopi was acting strange.  I think it really got to her.

Well it really got to me too.   I thought that was just bizarre, it appeared as though Whoopi was denying there could even be  a race issue involved in the shootings of young black men by white officers in this country.  Consider her age and race and it's even more ridiculous to me.  Or maybe I'm over thinking it and she would have shut RO down no matter what.  After all, how serious could she take the topic when she topped it off by laughing at her own fart? 

But at least she's  passionately on board for a Black emoji!  Who knew there was such racism in emojis?  I thought the whole topic was stupid.   Well, that is until she mentioned one of a steaming pile of crap and how happy it made her - something I really needed to know. Good grief.  I've never seen that one but I'm going to guess she gets alot of that particular emoji.  I might look for it when talking about this show. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 9

Based on comments here, I am glad I skipped today's show.  Looks like Whoopi Rule finally came to a head though, which was bound to happen.  I hope Rosie walks right away from this when her one year contract is up.  She doesn't need this.  Whoopi is the rudest person ever. 

There's really not that fine a line between a relaxed and easy going person, and someone who is just flip about serious things.  My problem with Whoopi, as well as what many of us have been saying for a few months now, is her casual attitude toward troubling issues.  My fear is that rape, for example, will become something that is acceptable, or tolerable to an extent.  She shrugs it off, provided the rapist is famous, or is famous and a well loved entertainer.  I believe she'd still shrug it off if it were to be proven.  It just doesn't seem like a big deal to her.

Neither does war.  Going to war should always be a very last resort, and yet, there was Whoopi saying she's scared of ISIS, so, without regard for anyone else's daughters or sons, let's do it, so Whoopi's not scared anymore. 

I guess I've never forgiven her for "but was it rape-rape?".  Yes, Whoopi, it was, since the child was 13.  And if anyone ever suggested Whoopi's sponges go to war, and heaven forbid, in 18 years someone suggests her adorable little great granddaughter head out there, I can almost hear her:  "I ain't sendin' my loved ones out there on the front lines just 'cause y'all are scared".  Double standard.  It's okay for everyone else's kids to go out there on the front lines 'cause Whoopi's scared.

I can't say that I found anything particularly "threatening" in WG's tone, just...I dont know...discomfort I guess with the woman's story and wanting to look her in the eye.

If I were a talk show host, I guess I'd just feel discomfort with his silence, and feel a responsibility to ask Bill Cosby a few questions and wanting to look him in the eye. 

• Love 6
Now Janice DickInson is saying Bill Cosby raped her too. It will be interesting to see if the subject is brought up again.

I'd like to see Janice Dickinson on the show and bring up her association with Bill Cosby.  What will Whoopi say?  Janice Dickinson doesn't care what she says or to whom.  Now THAT might be good TV.

• Love 4

Yes, but I think she chose not to sign a long-term contract and decided to go for a year to year contract. In other words her coming back next season is her decision and not the networks or whatever spin they try to use or throw out there. If it's true that Whoopi's contract is up at the end of the season then this is where the drama will come from behind the scenes. I could see Rosie saying she will come back as long as Whoopi's contract is not renewed, which, let's be honest, would be for the best.

No idea if it's true or not, but it was being reported back in August that Whoopi had recently signed a 4 year contract. If that's true they'd presumably have to buy her out to the tune of millions of dollars if they let her go, or if she wants to leave, ABC would have to agree to let her out of her contract. I'm guessing quite a few decisions, including whether to continue the show at all, hinge on what happens with RO when her 1 year contract is up after this season.

• Love 3

Mariska Hargitay's husband really is something.  He should be more famous.

For someone who is so paranoid about creating waves or negative feedback, I was surprised Rosie Perez made a sidebar comment and alluded to GamerGate, the harassment of female online gamers, since everyone who speaks out against it gets a ton of online hatred and threats.  But since no one watches The View now, she's probably safe.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 5

Mariska Hargitay's husband really is something.  He should be more famous.

I agree. I was surprised to discover that Rosie and I have a crush on the same person. (Although I've been crushing on him for quite a number of years). But considering that Rosie has interviewed Mariska, I was a bit surprised that she pronounced her name wrong.

• Love 2

The Frozen sing-a-long dvd was released today and this was a great way to promote it and keep Frozen in the public consciousness since it is the holiday season, and the main reason why is b/c Disney owns ABC and when they say jump the ladies on the View say how high.

The did this on the Chew yesterday too.

Once again Whoopi interrupts another co-host, this time Rosie P, to take over their argument for them.  It's only a matter of time till I think Rosie P goes off on Whoopi too.  I can't imagine being a co-host and voicing your view on something just to be interrupted a few words in so the old hag to my right can take it over and turn it into her diatribe.  This reminds me of the View of old where Babs would do this.  I really wanted to hear Rosie P about illegal immigrants here and how the reform needs to be done to fix this.  So I get that Whoopi admires both Rosie's for their charity work w/different groups, but she doesn't want to hear much out of their mouths.  The funny thing is that Whoopi could be just as generous w/her time and money as both Rosie's but she chooses not to...probably b/c she is stoned as soon as she walks outside of the studio till it's time to come back in the next day.

• Love 5

The show is in trouble, ratings wise, so they bring on new co hosts to see if anyone clicks with the audience to improve numbers.  I'm guessing someone is on their way out, so this is a sort of audition for a host job.

I'd love to see Janice on the View.  Here's the thing:  If Cosby were totally innocent, and knowing that the statue of limitations is past, why would any woman cry rape if they couldn't get any money from it., or any justice under the law?  These women are being castigated, so the only reason they brought it up was to tell the truth.  Everyone knows that Cosby was a womanizer, and even his wife knew it.  On the Talk, Ms Tyler said she knew Cosby wasn't the Mr Wonderful everyone thought.  So, bring Ms Janice on the View and let her have her say. 

• Love 4

Once again Whoopi interrupts another co-host, this time Rosie P, to take over their argument for them.  It's only a matter of time till I think Rosie P goes off on Whoopi too.  I can't imagine being a co-host and voicing your view on something just to be interrupted a few words in so the old hag to my right can take it over and turn it into her diatribe.  This reminds me of the View of old where Babs would do this.  I really wanted to hear Rosie P about illegal immigrants here and how the reform needs to be done to fix this.  So I get that Whoopi admires both Rosie's for their charity work w/different groups, but she doesn't want to hear much out of their mouths.  The funny thing is that Whoopi could be just as generous w/her time and money as both Rosie's but she chooses not to...probably b/c she is stoned as soon as she walks outside of the studio till it's time to come back in the next day.

stereotype much?? Stoners are just as generous as non smokers.... and probably more so than drunks..... being stoned does not make someone selfish.... being self important and entitled does

• Love 2