Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/17/14

Athena
  • Start Topic

stereotype much?? Stoners are just as generous as non smokers.... and probably more so than drunks..... being stoned does not make someone selfish.... being self important and entitled does

I wasn't saying she wasn't generous b/c she is a stoner, I was alluding to the fact that she seems more pre-occupied w/that than anything else b/c she has to allude to her smoking almost daily.

• Love 5

Far be it from me to defend WG, but she's actually pretty well known for her charitable and humanitarian organization work. I think it's probably safe to assume that she has donated plenty monetarily, but certainly she has donated a great deal of her time and her name to dozens of causes over the years. Not for nothing, but does Comic Relief ring any bells? I know I've seen her image in tons of PSA's and organization promotional materials over the years. She just recently participated in one for the Ebola Survival Foundation. Just sayin'.

http://ebolasurvivalfund.org

• Love 3

Far be it from me to defend WG, but she's actually pretty well known for her charitable and humanitarian organization work. I think it's probably safe to assume that she has donated plenty monetarily, but certainly she has donated a great deal of her time and her name to dozens of causes over the years. Not for nothing, but does Comic Relief ring any bells? I know I've seen her image in tons of PSA's and organization promotional materials over the years. She just recently participated in one for the Ebola Survival Foundation. Just sayin'.

http://ebolasurvivalfund.org

Oops, colour me embarrassed!!!  I forgot about her participation in many events & apologize.

• Love 2

Gotta say that Jessie J's performance on the show today was one of the best I've ever seen. No autotune, big voice, joyful singing. Was trying to figure out whose pic she had on her shirt.

I agree. LOVED IT!! I tend to be pretty dubious about the musical performances on this show, but Jessie J was fantastic. I believe she said she wasn't actually sure who's pic it was on her t-shirt but she was going with Naomi Campbell.

• Love 2
Once again Whoopi interrupts another co-host, this time Rosie P, to take over their argument for them.

She seems to be doing this more and more.  At first it was irksome to me, now it's just a reason to FF until the camera is on someone else.    I thought Rosie P. and Nicolle and RO all had worthwhile things to say about immigration reform and President Obama's plan to sign an executive order.   Whoopi blew over it all and started ranting directly at Congress, this time shaking her finger in the camera at them.  i don't even know what she was saying because I kept hitting the FF. 

Then after  RO said she had a little crush on Peter Herrmann (Mariska's husband) Whoopi felt the need to explain to us that yes, even married lesbians can appreciate a good looking man.   Just two examples of what's becoming a pattern.  I don't know how RO is having any fun at all and frankly, she doesn't look like she's enjoying it a whole lot either. 

But what I want to know is who on earth asked this group, "What is the grossest thing you've done at work?"   Don't they watch this show at all?  Poor Nicolle was a good sport and tried to play along but the standout part for me was Whoopi being over the top totally grossed out by RO mimicking picking her nose.  Whoopi, who more times than I can count over the years has announced, ON CAMERA, that she just farted, or peed,  loves her vibrator, enjoys a good poop, is having a hot flash, has never had a pedicure (that image of what her feet must look like still haunts me every time her Shoe Cam is on) etc. etc. Geezus. Since she never bothered to answer (shocker!) I'm guessing it's because she knows we already know because we saw it. 

• Love 11

The replies she made to the people commenting and asking if she's unhappy made me sad and frustrated for her.

Gosh, yes, some of those questions I would have asked and her answers do evoke the same sadness and frustration for her, with me.  I wonder if any of this gets brought back to the powerful to address.

• Love 2

But what I want to know is who on earth asked this group, "What is the grossest thing you've done at work?"   Don't they watch this show at all?  Poor Nicolle was a good sport and tried to play along but the standout part for me was Whoopi being over the top totally grossed out by RO mimicking picking her nose.  Whoopi, who more times than I can count over the years has announced, ON CAMERA, that she just farted, or peed,  loves her vibrator, enjoys a good poop, is having a hot flash, has never had a pedicure (that image of what her feet must look like still haunts me every time her Shoe Cam is on) etc. etc. Geezus. Since she never bothered to answer (shocker!) I'm guessing it's because she knows we already know because we saw it.

You forgot one. The number of times Whoopi talks about her low-hanging boobs. They're either dragging on the floor or she's throwing them over her shoulders. Sometimes it's such a quick throwaway line most people miss it, a quick little reference to tripping over her boobs when she gets out of bed. It irritates me because it's such a gross exaggeration and characterization of women's bodies as we age.
  • Love 7

Rosie P comments were kinda confusing...... She spoke about the power of social media and the reactions of corporations to not "do business" with Bill Cosby.... it was confusing because she didn't share her opinion on if it was a positive or negative reaction to social media.... and when Rosie O questioned her about it... she got defensive and would not elaborate on her view.

• Love 9

I am amazed at Rosie O.'s composure. That was the most uncomfortable segment I've ever seen. And, for the first time, I can't believe Whoopi Goldberg is the moderator of this show. The producers who chose to lead with this segment, and not Mike Nichols, Snow, or whatever should be slapped.

• Love 4

Wow, that was really tense & what was the point?  They didn’t even mention that Dickinson woman who was all over the T.V. last night!

Edited to add:  Everything comes to light when the second segment started (about Mike Nichols).  Why would they even introduce the Cosby crap when the next segment was about the passing of Mike Nichols???  No wonder everyone was "tense".  Whoopi was obviously very upset!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 3

It comes across to me that Rosie O feels like she's the only one who seems to be speaking from the other side while the others seem to be focusing on how all of it  affects Bill Cosby. 

• Love 12

Hoo boy, that was awkward. RO sure is angry today. Whoopi looked pissed off as well. I didn't care for RP derailing the conversation and making it about social media. The point was how do we get the answers to move on if he won't talk, no pending charges and settlements already have been paid. Also, if a corporation does not want to air something, they listen to the dollars and don't care about reputations. Anyway, that was a complete and utter clusterfuck and it doesn't look like there is any love lost between Whoopi and Rosie O today.

• Love 8

Damn. You guys are going to make me watch today's show aren't you?

Side note. A family member was working security at an appearance by Cosby in the spring of this year. He said Cosby looks older than 77, is very frail and practically blind. he said for Cosby to walk onstage (it was a comedy appearance, to a college crowd) they had to put tape on the floor marking a path so he could walk to the chair unassisted.

• Love 2

They played a clip of an interview with the Associated Press and Bill Cosby..... they asked him about the rape allegations, which Cosby refused to discuss.... then at the end of the interview Cosby almost threatened the interviewer. Telling him that he should not put out the part where he refused to discuss the rape charges. 

The Ladies on The View were in support of Cosby.... he was basically trying to censor the reporter..... isnt it odd how people who speak for a living want to have other censored??

• Love 7

Rosie is NOT a happy camper today and is letting it be known.

I haven't watched yet. But I have noticed that when they talked a bit about it before, that all but Rosie didn't really want to talk about it. I wonder if Rosie had to put her foot down and insist on talking about the Cosby story that is all over the news.
  • Love 4

What was the point of watching Whoopi cry and the other women rushing over to her? Couldn't they have cut to commercial to avoid all that? I'm stunned. Now they're off onto the transgender community...I just don't get what the producers are thinking. All interesting topics but all crowded into five minutes?

• Love 7

Wow, that conversation about the Cosby situation was freaking awkward.    I tend to be on the RO side of things....but Whoopi is not giving up on the "we don't know, we weren't there" refrain.    I could feel the heat coming off Rosie--she was chewing that gum for all it's worth.    But honestly, in the old days she would have lost her cool and gotten emotional--and she kept it together.

• Love 11

They played a clip of an interview with the Associated Press and Bill Cosby..... they asked him about the rape allegations, which Cosby refused to discuss.... then at the end of the interview Cosby almost threatened the interviewer. Telling him that he should not put out the part where he refused to discuss the rape charges.

The Ladies on The View were in support of Cosby.... he was basically trying to censor the reporter..... isnt it odd how people who speak for a living want to have other censored??

I watched Wendy Williams ( don't judge :) and she talked about way back in the early 90's Bill Cosby gave an interview to the National Enquirer (she thought that was odd as did I) about rape allegations. Anyway she talked about it on her radio show. I guess BC call the general manager of the radio station and tried to get her fired and ripped her to shreds on the phone. BC has been trying to shut people up for a long time. Edited by imjagain
  • Love 6

Go Rosie O! Thirteen separate women tell similar stories about a guy, and we're going to say social media is ruining his career???? What the f#cking hell?

Whoopi is an idiot for daring to compare this to Paula Deen.
Bottom line. If I screw up, if someone accuses me of doing something terrible, I can lose my job. Why should famous rich people not face the same consequences? Boo hoo for someone with millions losing a gig!!!!

Edited by backformore
  • Love 15

I can remember these rumors going back for years.  I was one of those kids who grew up listening to my parent's Bill Cosby records, and it always bothered me that someone I loved as a kid for those records would be doing that.  I feel like a lot of the controversy died down when his son was killed and the family was grieving.

I felt like Whoopi downright squashed the discussion on this topic and that kills the point of them even doing the show--it was always intended for the different women to be able to talk about the day's topics and the Cosby situation is certainly a current news topic.

• Love 5

Wow, that Cosby talk was....wow.  When Whoopi moved her chair and Rosie O point blank asked her if she was pissed, just wow.  I thought Whoopi was going to go after Rosie O's jugular.  Whoopi is emotional due to Mike Nichols death, and it has her edgy really.  

I'm nervous for Rosie O here, last time she walked off the show after the showdown, which if I recall took place on a Thursday as well.  I think we really need to show Rosie our support and let her know that we are proud and for her not to back down, we need her on this show.  I'm glad that Rosie more than likely put her foot down and said this topic is major news and hast to be discussed.  They can't pick and choose what to talk about and what to ignore (like in the days of Babs b/c she is friends w/everyone and didn't want to step on toes) b/c it offends someone, in this case Whoopi.  I get that in Whoopi's mind Bill Cosby is an african-american who helped lead the way as a comedian and on television showing that african-americans have lives like everyone else and it doesn't have to be edgy.  He is a pioneer of television, and now we are where we are as more news comes forward.  I hate it too when Whoopi cuts to commercial in the midst of a discussion, but in this case it was warranted b/c it was really tense and I think there was about to be a major fight coming up and this diffused it.  I don't think Rosie has ever had on this show 3 against 1 before in a topic like that, usually she had someone there on her side (Joy).

I agree w/Rosie O, these women have nothing to gain at this point since the statute of limitations is over.  I don't think they are doing this for fame, Janice Dickinson idk about though b/c she always seems one to crave the spotlight and if it is proven true for her as well then my apologies.  Whoopi comparing this to Tiger Woods cheating on his wife and Paula Deen and her troubles was so out of line.  I'm glad Rosie O said cheating on your wife/having sex does not equal rape.  Wow, just wow that still has me tense.  I think who I feel bad for the most in that conversation was the gum Rosie was chewing, lol.  Talk about being a game-saver there, it's the only thing that kept her calm.

The thing w/where the AP released that video and they wanted to know why they did that, I mean just watching the video Cosby asked for it not to be released and for it to be off the record, and the AP reporter said he couldn't promise that.  So what's the big deal, I agree, the reporter couldn't promise that and so the video is able to be leaked.  Deal w/it Bill Cosby, if you want to keep quiet and not respond then this is what you get.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 11

That segment about Bill Cosby was extremely awkward. I'm not sure why Whoopi brought Kobe Bryant and Tiger Woods into the argument - my understanding is that there wasn't anybody being accused of illegal activity in those cases. If the allegations against Bill Cosby are true - than that is absolutely horrific, and unfortunately - unless Bill Cosby confesses or the woman all recant their stories - the truth will never be known. What was RO referring to when Nicolle said that therer has been no new information and RO asked her if she had read anything on the news/twitter throughout the night? Was she referring to the former model saying she had been a victim? Or the fact the Raven has stated she was never abused - considering all of the other people coming forward were adults at the time, I would never had thought that she had been.

I will agree with RO that the number of people coming forward does make it seem like Bill is guilty. That being said - although Bill will never be charged, they could (I'm not saying it's likely) be angling for a settlement like one woman had - I'm surprised that none of the co hosts mentioned that this was a possiblity.

RO attacking Whoopi was weird when all she did was move her chair. You could practically see the steam coming from RO's ears.

I thought the point that RP was trying to make about the social media is that that seemed to be the real reason that networks pulled his show, and not just because of the allegations. The allegations have (apparently) been around for years (and I'm sure a lot of network executives had probably heard of the allegations) and nobody had any problems doing business with Cosby. It wasn't until it blew up on social media that the networks decided to take some sort of action.

With regards to the AP interview, it did seem like Bill was threatening the interviewer ("if you want to keep your integrity as a journalist...") and I couldn't help but wonder if he could've used the same sort of lines on the women.

Edited by stillbored
  • Love 7

Oops, double post. It's too bad you can't delete if noone's posted yet.

I'll just add I did feel sorry when Whoopi was crying. I'm sure it hasn't been the easiest time the past few months, with all the changes to the show, Robin Williams' passing, and now her mentor as she called him.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 5

Personally, I loved the awkwardness to the Cosby topic. I'm glad Rosie O isn't just going to go along with the others and make this all about the man's side of the story on a woman's show, or let Whoopi just sweep anything she has to say under a rug. Of course, there is never a way to know for a certain, but if that many women are coming out about it, not looking for monetary compensation and knowing the statute of limitations has passed, that seems very steep to me. I do feel sorry for Rosie O, because we already know how the news outlets are going to play this out as her being an overemotional control freak.

I'm guess they had the Nichols' topic second to possibly bring down the tension from the first segment.

• Love 10

Yeah, the Cosby segment was fucking great.  That's why I watch this show, because of the tension and social dynamics between the hosts.  Rosie was obviously pissed about off stage business as well, possibly mad that she felt Rosie Perez was diverting the topic.  Rosie was chewing that gum like it was the only thing keeping her from killing the rest of the panel.  Rape cases mostly always come down to He said She, and that's why so women don't go to the police, Whoopi.  Does she want video proof of all rape cases?  But come on 13 women who are now all middle aged and still sticking to their stories.  I wouldn't want to enter into a business arrangement with him either.  As far as bringing Paula Deen into it, good riddance to her.

• Love 6

The show is called The View but apprently Rosie O doesn't like the other woman to give theirs. Wow! You could cut the tension with a knife. The panel was silent and then the audience was silent. Cray! Cray! Rosie O is a pit bull and doesn't like anyone disagreeing with her and it's so obvious. Of course, Rosie O is an authority because it allesdgly happened to her. In my view & opinion. Rosie O isn't a nice a person and is a phony. Seriously, why was Rosie O attacking Rosie P & Nicole? I thought she actually liked them? I know Rosie O & Whoppie have their own issues. Always remember, don't move your chair while on the air!

RO attacking Whoopi was weird when all she did was move her chair. You could practically see the steam coming from RO's ears.

I do get where Rosie O was coming from when she asked Whoopi.  In most tense arguments, the other person usually adjusts their chair or posture before joining in the conversation and start going after someone else.  I really hope Rosie O did apologize for saying that to Whoopi, especially for today of all days.  It was tense and emotional for lots of reasons today.

Seriously, why was Rosie O attacking Rosie P & Nicole? I thought she actually liked them? 

Rosie was calling them out b/c they needed to explain their thoughts and comments.  Rosie P was at one point saying the women might be coming out of the woodwork for fame and money, Rosie O had to explain that statute of limitations was up, there was no reason for them to come out b/c there would be no money or fame for coming forward.  Using social media as a crutch to lob allegations was a crap defense they were both using.  

I think the only way now the Cosby allegations are going to go to another level is if one of the actresses who played one of daughters on the show were to come forward at this point.  I'm not saying something happened, but it's a known fact that Lisa Bonet and Cosby have major issues from back then to where she won't participate in reunions any further if I recall.

I'm going to stop commenting on the Cosby topic from today now b/c it is getting my blood boiling.  

That hand holding at the end was awkward as hell.  You could tell Rosie O was ready to get the hell out of that studio.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 4

Yep, that was definitely an awkward segment.   If the tension was this obvious watching at home, wonder what it felt like for the audience.

Anyone know if tomorrow's show is taped today, or earlier in the week?

• Love 2

Wow, I can't wait to watch the show today! Still 45 more minutes until the West Coast feed. I never watch the show when it airs, I DVR it and watch it later, but today I'm definitely tuning in!  I hope they don't edit anything for us West Coasters.

• Love 2

I don't think Rosie needs to apologize.  Who raises their arms up when moving a chair?  Whoopi was acting like she does when she wags her finger at the camera.  She wasn't just moving her chair.  When you lose your temper and shut down topics all the time you don't get to get mad when someone anticipates you doing it again.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 16

From Rosie's twitter:

Rosie retweeted
Jacqueline Woods @JacqDWoods  ·  7m 7 minutes ago

@Rosie Oh boy watching The View. How's that gum Ro? Your chomping it pretty good. Breathe. I get what your trying to say. #HotTopics
0 replies 1 retweet 6 favorites

Rosie retweeted
Ti @tdelill  ·  17m 17 minutes ago

@Rosie HOLY TENSION BATMAN!
0 replies 2 retweets 8 favorites

• Love 2

I do get where Rosie O was coming from when she asked Whoopi.  In most tense arguments, the other person usually adjusts their chair or posture before joining in the conversation and start going after someone else.  I really hope Rosie O did apologize for saying that to Whoopi, especially for today of all days.  It was tense and emotional for lots of reasons today.

Rosie was calling them out b/c they needed to explain their thoughts and comments.  Rosie P was at one point saying the women might be coming out of the woodwork for fame and money, Rosie O had to explain that statute of limitations was up, there was no reason for them to come out b/c there would be no money or fame for coming forward.  Using social media as a crutch to lob allegations was a crap defense they were both using.  

I think the only way now the Cosby allegations are going to go to another level is if one of the actresses who played one of daughters on the show were to come forward at this point.  I'm not saying something happened, but it's a known fact that Lisa Bonet and Cosby have major issues from back then to where she won't participate in reunions any further if I recall.

I'm going to stop commenting on the Cosby topic from today now b/c it is getting my blood boiling.  

That hand holding at the end was awkward as hell.  You could tell Rosie O was ready to get the hell out of that studio.

That display of "we all love each other & see how we're holding hands" was stupid & ridiculous.  RosieO was furious & I don't blame her.  The producer(s) who thought putting the Cosby crap in the first segment, followed by the passing of Mike Nichols, should be shot & pissed on!!!

• Love 8

Wow, I can't wait to watch the show today! Still 45 more minutes until the West Coast feed. I never watch the show when it airs, I DVR it and watch it later, but today I'm definitely tuning in!  I hope they don't edit anything for us West Coasters.

I, too am catching it in 20 minutes and from reading all of these slightly terrifying comments, I am super anxious and almost mortified to watch!  Yikes.

And to all of my fellow Canadians: Do you know who is LOVING Bill Cosby right about now?  Jian Ghomeshi.  That's who.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 7