Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/17/14

Athena
  • Start Topic

That hand holding at the end was awkward as hell.  You could tell Rosie O was ready to get the hell out of that studio.

Anyone else watch on CTV in Canada?   If so, did your local station show the end today?  Most days it cuts off before the "take time to..." blurb is finished, but today it didn't even return after the last guest!  

Anyone else watch on CTV in Canada?   If so, did your local station show the end today?  Most days it cuts off before the "take time to..." blurb is finished, but today it didn't even return after the last guest!

I'm catching it on CTV in 10 minutes buffynut, but yes, it does that to me every single day, too. (cuts off at the tag line)  I will let you know if it returns after the last guest.  Does that mean you missed like 5 minutes+?

Edited by Cementhead

I'm catching it on CTV in 10 minutes buffynut, but yes, it does that to me every single day, too. (cuts off at the tag line)  I will let you know if it returns after the last guest.  Does that mean you missed like 5 minutes+?

Yes.  I suffered through what seemed like 8 or 10 commercials, then it went right into the beginning of the Ellen show!

Seriously, barring Rosie O., are these women on drugs or are the elephants in the room sitting on their heads?? lol. 16 women come forward and make similar rape allegations, without cause or potential for material gain (statute of limitations expired), and all they can talk about is the reaction of social media or pontificate dispassionately about the overall tragedy or confound it with other unrelated issues/controversies??!! How about addressing the possibility that these allegations are most likely TRUE??!! Hello??!! How about having your fellow women's backs?? Where is the sisterhood?? Has Whoopi's celebrity suck-up and free pass gone viral on the panel?? 

And I understand Rosie O's interpretation or misinterpretation of Whoopi's body language, because her whole attitude and facial expression has been: "I don't want to discuss Cosby. I don't want to trash a fellow celebrity, because you know I excuse every celebrity bad behavior from Justin Bieber to Snookie." 

Get off your meds, ladies!! Wish Rosie O. would have done more truth-telling instead of giving them looks of disbelief and probing questions about their absurdity. 

If they want ratings, these ladies better do more truth-telling. Too much white-washing.

Edited by bluemosaic
  • Love 13

The show is called The View but apprently Rosie O doesn't like the other woman to give theirs. Wow! You could cut the tension with a knife. The panel was silent and then the audience was silent. Cray! Cray! Rosie O is a pit bull and doesn't like anyone disagreeing with her and it's so obvious. Of course, Rosie O is an authority because it allesdgly happened to her. In my view & opinion. Rosie O isn't a nice a person and is a phony. Seriously, why was Rosie O attacking Rosie P & Nicole? I thought she actually liked them? I know Rosie O & Whoppie have their own issues. Always remember, don't move your chair while on the air!

WOW!   I don't think Rosie O attacked anyone.   I think Whoopi made a face or indicated her anger with body language, and Rosie picked up on it.   Yes, Whoopi denied it.  But anyone who watches the show has seen Whoopi do this hundreds of times - look pissed, bored, amused, rolls her eyes,  whatever. Those "are you kidding me" looks she gives to the audience.    Kudos to Rosie for pointing  it out instead of ignoring it.  "I was just moving my chair" - Sure.  I doubt Rosie was saying - don't dare move your chair while I'm talking! She asked "Are you angry?"  asking someone if they're mad at you is not an attack. 

Rosie presented her view -  that the issue wasn't about social media, the bigger issue is RAPE.  

A comedy bit was linked on this forum from 1969 in which BC jokes about "spanish fly" .  It is definitely worth listening to if you want to understand BC's view on drugging women into sexual submission.  yes, it's a joke, but the things you joke about speak to what you think is funny.  

The comic who started this recent issue was responding to Cosby's repeated speeches preaching about how Black men should act -  pull up your pants, don't swear, learn proper English, go to school.  The comic was calling him out on the fact that what really gives black men a bad name is not dress, speech, etc - but violence against women.   And that Cosby was not in a position to preach about how men should act. 

Raven saying he didn't rape her is irrelevant.  lining up people he DIDN'T rape doesn't prove anything. 

• Love 22

And to all of my fellow Canadians: Do you know who is LOVING Bill Cosby right about now?  Jian Ghomeshi.  That's who.

I was thinking Stephen Collins is also grateful for the Cosby news.

• Love 9

I really didnt have a problem with what Whoopi said.... she has said it all before and it is expected..... I had issues with Rosie P.... she was basically outraged because social media called Cosby out and the reactions of corporations were to side with social media.... but when Rosie O called her out on her stance... she denied it and claimed that was not what she was saying.... but never clarified her stance.

Own your words ladies..... stop running away from your views

• Love 3
I'm not sure why Whoopi brought Kobe Bryant and Tiger Woods into the argument - my understanding is that there wasn't anybody being accused of illegal activity in those cases.

There was a big case (lots of publicity) ten years ago or so.  Kobe Bryant was accused of rape by a young female employee at a Colorado hotel where he was staying.  I think he denied, denied, denied...then said it was consensual.  It was settled out of court and the woman received an apology.  It was very big news at the time because Kobe Bryant had such a sterling reputation.

• Love 6

As for the "mob" (social media), it's nothing more than common folk taking things into their own hands.  For decades politicians, politics, and the entertainment industry have hired and created professionals who made sure the public was given only the most favorable information--or misinformation if it meant the downfall of perceived enemies.  Careers and people were made, broken, and killed by these powerhouses.  William Randolph Hearst and Louella Parsons were among those who ruled the movie business long ago.  Others took that model and made it work...or worse.   It will be interesting to see where the social media paths lead.  

• Love 10

There was a big case (lots of publicity) ten years ago or so.  Kobe Bryant was accused of rape by a young female employee at a Colorado hotel where he was staying.  I think he denied, denied, denied...then said it was consensual.  It was settled out of court and the woman received an apology.  It was very big news at the time because Kobe Bryant had such a sterling reputation.

thank you for clarifying. I was misremembering that he had only had an affair.

Well, I've taped today's show but I'm reading here before watch it ( as I often do) and you guys have really peaked my interest. Sounds like a doozy.

I think the truth about Cosby is probably somewhere in the middle, Love his humor, grew up listening to his comedy albums. But there is no excusing rape! Yes, he probably forced himself on a woman (or more) but some of the ladies that are now coming forward (Janice D.) probably are not being 100% truthful and are going public now for publicity, money ( paid for interviews, book deals, etc.), Or some other wierd reason.

As a society we need to educate people on the value of coming forward, going to the police and standing up for themselves even when it is uncomfortable. Then you don,t have to deal with situations of he said- she said months or years after the fact when things and intent can become murky.

Edited by CathInAZ
  • Love 5

As someone said on The Talk, his show re-runs have been cancelled, so all the people on that show who receive residuals will be left without "that" income.  I feel sorry for them, but I'm sure Bill Cosby doesn't.  (I hope he is going to suffer financially!!)

• Love 3

It's clear to me the Cosby discussion started backstage and just continued once they were on air. Rosie O was already extremely pissed even before the segment began. I get what Rosie P was saying with regards to social media - the corporations are listening to the people on social media who have already made up their minds about Cosby and are acting accordingly. There's nothing wrong in what she said, IMO. Yes I do feel Rosie O was cold to her regarding her comment. I don't think Rosie P was belittling the actual issue which is rape. Her comment went along with how Whoopi opened the discussion, in that new developments happened overnight which was several networks cancelling Cosby shows. 

I totally get what Rosie O was saying but she should have articulated her viewpoint way, way better instead of creating tension that was unnecessary. 

• Love 1

It wasn't really a doozy. Just some awkward moments. Nothing really broke out. It was a little tense, but everyone held back as well. Rosie seemed on the verge of furious. When Whoopi spoke about the bandwagon, I was annoyed. (And btw I disagree, I don't think these women are making it up. ) I couldn't quite figure out what RP was saying, except about the power of social media today, which I do agree with. But she babbled far too much. Nicole seemed like she was trying to remain neutral. The comment about AP was that they released that footage from after the interview was done. And that was the part that was surprising, at least that's how I took it.

I hated that the audience applauded something that Whoopi said (when comparing BC to Tiger Woods, I think?)

I really enjoyed the interview with The Big Bang Theory actress. That's the Rosie I enjoy. (And thankfully no real Frozen talk). She was fun, passionate, sincere.

I didn't know that Mike Nicholls was Whoopi's mentor. That was very touching.

• Love 1

"As a society we need to educate people on the value of coming forward, going to the police and standing up for themselves even when it is uncomfortable. Then you don,t have to deal with situations of he said- she said months or years after the fact when things and intent can become murky."

Yeah-I am not seeing that happening when women report sexual assaults. Women are almost always doubted even when there is ample evidence. For example, did you see the story about the New Orleans police department and their handling of rape? (The headline is misleading-the cases weren't botched-they were ignored or changed) http://jezebel.com/new-orleans-to-reopen-hundreds-of-botched-rape-cases-1660312380

ETA: I think it is especially important to note that women did come forward over the years, but until a male comedian called Cosby out in his act, no one really listened. Apparently, yet another woman has come forward. I love that we have social media-the people finally have a voice-way more of one than our democracy has ever given us, in my opinion. It is a lot harder to cover up shit now and I think that is wonderful.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 11

There was a Cosby discussion to start off the show..... Whoopi was silent while the other hosts spoke. Which was a change from her recent actions.

Which was surprising to me because Whoopi's all knowing. She didn't let me down though when she finally started talking about the allegations against Cosby. This segment seemed like a pile up on Rosie O. Everyone got in on the act. 

• Love 5

Cosby will never go to court over this - statute of limitations. Possibly civil court as 1 case was and settled out of court years ago.

As far as I can see the only thing all these women have in common is it happened years and years ago yet the stories are the same....slipped/given pills and raped. One woman was 17 years old. They don't know each other, live in different parts of the country, have different careers and lifestyles.

There are far too many of them coming forward to not take notice.....and yes, I believe it. The latest woman coming forward overnight is Lou Ferrigno's wife.

Social media is here to stay. And I've noticed almost everyone is on it in one way or another.

I thought WG and RP tag teamed RO today and were practically gleeful about it...then began a love fest between them for the rest of the show.

RP's non-clarification of her points is maddening since she was given time to do so. And I am sick of WG lecturing me on "how it is."

I don't have a problem with NBC cancelling his development for a new show, nor Netflex for cancelling his comedy special, nor TVLand from dropping TCS. And

I watched often late afternoons on Sa/Su.

• Love 11

The show is called The View but apprently Rosie O doesn't like the other woman to give theirs. Wow! You could cut the tension with a knife.

yes, you could cut he tension with a knife.  It was clear to me that they had been discussing this intensely before the show aired.  And that is ok to me.  I understand completely RO's position both logically and emotionally.

However, EVERYONE on the panel had their say.  RO spoke less than Whoopi.  RO asked others, particularly RP for clarification or added information she felt would change the conclusion.  This is one f the few discussions where I felt RP was less than articulate.

To charge RO with not letting others have the opportunity to state their opinion does not reflect the show I watched this am.  I also thought Whoopi was clearer than usual in her opinions - I did not agree with her examples, but she was clear in her statements.  Nicolle spoke often and well and RP spoke just not as clearly s usual.

I was actually impressed with the way the panel handled the discussion tension and all.  I was sad to see at the end of the show that Rosie appeared to feel isolated or she isolated herself.

It was a shame that this had to be discussed on the day Mike Nichols died.  Whoopi did a great job on what must have been an awful morning in every possible way.

• Love 7

Anyone know if tomorrow's show is taped today, or earlier in the week?

I think the Friday shows are taped on Weds.

To be honest, I don't know what point Rosie P is trying to make in most conversations.

Between her voice and her rambling, I can't listen to her much.

• Love 3

Ok, just watched and the Cosby discussion it wasn't as bad as what I expected from reading here. Yes, there was some tension and discomfort - to be expected when discussing a tough issue about someone some of the panelists know very well. Rape accusations made long after the fact make investigation and prosecution more difficult. I do think where there's smoke there's fire but we may also see a bit of bandwagon jumping by some women. Janice Dikenson (sp?) the former model has been doing and saying anything the past few years to stay in the news and get publicity so I'm suspicious of her claims.

The Mike Nichols' segment was very touching and brought tears to my eyes. I think today's show was emotional and heartfelt for all hosts...I think I may be hormonal because all the snark isn't sitting well with me today. I'm gonna go eat some chocolate . . . . .

• Love 4

Very well said, kaygeeret.  You described it exactly as I saw it, too.  

And I am sick of WG lecturing me on "how it is."

Yes, yes, yes.  Oh God, yes.

There are far too many of them coming forward to not take notice.....and yes, I believe it. The latest woman coming forward overnight is Lou Ferrigno's wife.

Another one, really.  I can't even keep up!

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 2

The tape of Cosby played today showed a man who is used to controlling people. To suggest that the reporter's integrity is in question when you haven't denied any of the rape accusations, shows me a very arrogant man who is used to getting his way thru threats and intimidation. I'm not sure Cosby has the power he had earlier in his career or why at this point in his life, people would cater to his demands. One thing the taped sealed for me is that he's certainly guilty of something.

• Love 13

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/20/therese-serignese-bill-cosby-rape-victim_n_6188270.html

this article is about the latest woman to come forward.  She was assaulted in 1976, came forward after hearing about others' stories.   I do not see "jumping on the bandwagon."  This is a woman who came forward, but wanted to remain anonymous, made a complaint.  She is only now disclosing her name and the details publicly.   In 1976 she would not have been taken seriously.    She has a letter from William Morris agency basically saying 'sorry for your troubles, here's $5,000" 

All these stories, decades apart, all very similar.  

• Love 4

Well, it wasn't quite as bad as I was thinking it would be based on the comments I read prior to watching (I'm on the west coast), but it was definitely tense and uncomfortable. I think the thing that was most disturbing to me -- other than the fact that a panel of seemingly intelligent women seem to be blindly ignoring mounting evidence that BC is a serial rapist -- is the way all three of them seemed to gang up on Rosie. I felt like their anger and attitude toward Rosie was deeper than just this topic. And I could feel Rosie's pain. That is not a feeling I enjoy. Now, maybe they were all frustrated that they were being forced to discuss a topic that they had already gone over and felt they had nothing new to add absent hard facts, but if that's the case take it up with the producers before going on air.

I felt Whoopi's pain too. I don't think I've seen her that genuinely upset and it was very touching.

Enjoyed the interview with Mayim Bialik.

• Love 1

I have to say i'm getting really tired of Whoopi interrupting Rosie P to take over her argument and make it her own.  Whoopi seems like she has picked out Rosie P as the weak on on the panel and feels she needs to help her out to get her point across then twist it into her own.  It reminds me of a bully picking on who they think is the easiest prey.  I think we have seen that Rosie P has figured this out and is trying to fight back against Whoopi doing this, like today.  Rosie is her own woman and she may struggle a little, but eventually she seems to get her point across.

• Love 3
The tape of Cosby played today showed a man who is used to controlling people. To suggest that the reporter's integrity is in question when you haven't denied any of the rape accusations, shows me a very arrogant man who is used to getting his way thru threats and intimidation. I'm not sure Cosby has the power he had earlier in his career or why at this point in his life, people would cater to his demands. One thing the taped sealed for me is that he's certainly guilty of something.

I felt the same about him in this interview...guilty and (finally) broken.  Also, I don't think a reporter/interviewer has the final say about what is or is not printed/broadcast these days.

-i love RO, but i did think she was being a little difficult and especially passive-aggressive towards RP.

RosieO is definitely a broken person and probably can't act rationally when she's so upset.  Unless she has at least one person who appears to be 100% on her side in a discussion or life event, she probably feels all alone in a situation.  I wonder if the odd chewing (gum?) is a coping mechanism she learned in therapy.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 1

Rosie P seemed so nervous and flustered that it made me wonder if part of that was due to trying to make her point perfectly enough in her mind so Whoopi wouldn't feel the need to take over for her. When Rosie P was a guest in the past she didn't really stumble over words and have trouble like this. I like her as a person but it seems like she's always trying too hard and/or she doesn't feel comfortable enough to let her guard down and speak her mind without it being a word salad in the end. I want to like Rosie P as a host but today I was so frustrated with her.

Also, today was another good example of how this show could be better if they all tried to be more prepared when it comes to discussing Hot Topics.

I know people are writing off Janice Dickinson's claims of being sexually assaulted by Bill Cosby because of her seeming like she'll do anything for attention. Things like being assaulted can screw people up if they don't get help with working through things afterwards and being a model probably didn't help matters if her claims are true. All of that and more could account for some of her bizarre behavior. 

I think this post may be a word salad of my own though... 

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 7

I wonder if the odd chewing (gum?) is a coping mechanism she learned in therapy.

Someone commented on Rosie O's Twitter about the gum chewing. She responded,  "I chewed gum because my mouth was dry from my anti anxiety medication" .

• Love 1

You know what else is weird? The actress who played Cosby's wife on Cosby hasn't come to his defense. Felicia Ra-something. She played his wife on both his sitcoms. I really admire Rosie P. I honestly do but I'm not sure she's a good fit on this show.

There's nothing wrong in what she said, IMO.

Perez also said, "I'm not saying the man is guilty, I'm not saying the man isn't guilty. I'm saying that that's not my business." (Bolding mine.) And that's such a load of fertilizer that I'm surprised plants didn't pop out of her mouth. She's on The View, for crying out loud. The whole point of the motherfucking View is for the motherfucking hosts to give their motherfucking opinions on motherfucking newsworthy topics. What makes those other topics any more of Perez's business than this? If this is the tack she's gonna take, I'd better not hear her offer her opinion ever again the show. She can just sit there and mumble, "No comment," for the rest of her tenure.

And fyi to Rosie Perez and Whoopi: By professing to not take sides in cases like this one, you are indeed taking sides. You're taking the side of the status quo that favors the alleged rapist. Don't act like you're above it all, because you're not. 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 23

Finally watched.

I love RO and her passion. I believe Bill Cosby is guilty as sin. I also get what the other hosts were saying. What else can they say about it. They have no new evidence. They can say another woman came forward with a claim of rape. And of course share their opinion. I just don't think any of them want to do that. That is except RO. And at this point in reality BC can not be prosecuted.

I think social media is very powerful.

These allegations have been around for a very long time and have been talked about before the difference is we all can talk about it and thousands of people can share their opinion with just a few clicks on a phone/PC. That is what is blowing this story up. That is what I believe RP was trying to say.

With out BC confessing, this will never really be resolved.

I feel bad for the victims. Raped by a powerful person and knowing they would probably never be believed is horrible. And they are right. People didn't want to believe them back then. I hope they get some solace now, knowing there are a lot of people out here that do believe them.

They shared their truth and I hope that helps them heal.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 12
I felt the same about him in this interview...guilty and (finally) broken.  Also, I don't think a reporter/interviewer has the final say about what is or is not printed/broadcast these days.

I saw the interview tonight and, after basically threatening the interviewer, it showed Cosby telling someone off-camera they need to contact the interviewer's "person" and do it immediately.  I'm sure it was to put more pressure on them to not include that portion of the interview since the guy wouldn't promise it would be left out.  Yeah, its obvious that Cosby is accustomed to getting his way and being in control. 

• Love 10

I re-watched the show specifically for what I was sure Whoopi had said & confirmed it to myself.  She compared the Cosby situation with Tiger Woods (sex addict) & Paula Dean (N-word) -- WTF???  I don't care what anybody says, the old bastard is guilty & has been able to steam-roll his way to this point, but he's lost his power & (I hope) his money, so he knows what it feels like to be an under-dog.  He's costing a lot of people their residuals, including himself, but he's going to skate away from this with the help of Whoopi & all the other gutless wonders who are afraid to speak up.  Kudos to RosieO, that was hard for her & I admire her tenacity.  Go Rosie!!!

• Love 23

I re-watched the show specifically for what I was sure Whoopi had said & confirmed it to myself.  She compared the Cosby situation with Tiger Woods (sex addict) & Paula Dean (N-word) -- WTF???   

That comment didn't make sense!  Tiger didn't rape anyone - quite the opposite - nor did Paula Dean!

• Love 8

I watched the first segment and was disappointed in RP's blithering.  I am finished with Whoop so I don't really pay attention to her condescending participation, but I did like it when RO called her out on her body language.  It is a moment like RO showing courage to defend women against powerful men (while her weak spined peers remain silent) that keeps me in her corner.  I am not feeling any chemistry at the table and RP is at times just as shrill as Bits...couple this with a quiet RO and I don't know how the show will last the season.

• Love 11

She's barely spoken two words this whole season and yet there it is.  The firestorm of criticism she knew would happen if she spoke.  But speak she did.  Finally.  But it's different this time.  She has listened, she has contributed very little, she agrees, she nods, and she has listened.  She knows what she is talking about, is incredibly smart and savvy, has formulated her opinions and is able to articulate her opinion and can back it up.  She has sat silent for so long, listening to them.  There's not a reason in the world why she shouldn't call every single one of the other hosts out on their crap.

Rosie has sat right across that table from Whoopi since September.  Whoopi is obnoxious, rude and belligerent.  If we can see it from our vantage point, can you just imagine what Rosie sees?  She finally called Whoopi out on her crap.  Whoopi was pulling her usual shit and finally got called out on it, and guess what?  She didn't like it.  So, instead of taking it like she should, to finally just be polite and shut the fuck up for once, she said "I was just moving my chair".  No you weren't, Whoopi.  You made the decision to be a shit disturber because you didn't like being called out on your rude crap.  It's high time you were.

Rosie P seems to have taken on an all knowing attitude.  She goes on and on, without anyone calling her out on what her point is exactly or challenging her in any way.  She wasn't nervous that Whoopi would cut in, she was nervous because she knew that for once she was being asked to defend what she was saying, by the person to her left who barely ever says a word.  It was a real shit test for her, and she failed.  Sit a little straighter, Rosie P.  It's high time you did.

Rosie seemed a little nervous herself, because she knows what happens if she speaks even a little.  But good for her.  Cosby has a sketchy past at the very best, and people are beginning to see the truth about him.  It's high time we did.

• Love 24

I do think Rosie Perez has a definite problem with word salads. A lot of it seems like she's thinking of the best way to put her thoughts without enough time to do so. I don't blame her for wanting to avoid attacks from the viewers, if that's what it is, because I think she usually gives her opinion even if it's not always in the most direct, "real" way. The reason it doesn't bother me like it did with Elisabeth Hasselbeck is because she isn't screeching, trying to dominate or spin the topics, or attempting to deliver propaganda. Plus, I actually think she'll improve with more time on-air, unlike Hasselbeck. I'm not having any problem understanding what she's saying though.

Unlike the other two this morning, I don't think she was out to pile on Rosie O. From her facial expressions, it seems as if she often agrees with Rosie O even if she doesn't want to say it outright. All of this is why I prefer hosts who don't have careers outside the show that they need to protect.

• Love 6
Perez also said, "I'm not saying the man is guilty, I'm not saying the man isn't guilty. I'm saying that that's not my business." (Bolding mine.) And that's such a load of fertilizer that I'm surprised plants didn't pop out of her mouth. She's on The View, for crying out loud. The whole point of the motherfucking View is for the motherfucking hosts to give their motherfucking opinions on motherfucking newsworthy topics. What makes those other topics any more of Perez's business than this? If this is the tack she's gonna take, I'd better not hear her offer her opinion ever again the show. She can just sit there and mumble, "No comment," for the rest of her tenure.

And fyi to Rosie Perez and Whoopi: By professing to not take sides in cases like this one, you are indeed taking sides. You're taking the side of the status quo that favors the alleged rapist. Don't act like you're above it all, because you're not.

I love this post. Reminds me of when Whoopi would say " we don't know, we weren't there". Well, if this show is only about what the hosts have personally seen, they need to stop having a "hot topics" segment.

If a celebrity is getting away with RAPE because he's famous, it is everyone's business. This isn't only about one man. It's the culture of acceptance of bad acts committed by people who seem to be good people, the pattern of looking the other way when a person who is less powerful says that someone who is more powerful assaulted them.

This is reminding so much of the details recently released about the cover-up of sexual abuse in the Chicago archdiocese of the Catholic church. Benevolent, kindly, respected men committing horrible crimes against children and getting away with it because people said "it's not my business", and discounted what the victims said.

Bill Cosby assaulted multiple women and he got away with it because his colleagues in the entertainment business allowed him to. Rape isn't about sex, it's about power and control. He controlled women by raping them and then making them afraid to report it. And he had help with that part.

• Love 15

Thanks, Cosmo!  Right back at you.  And thank you - I had forgotten about the "I'm gonna wait and see" thing, and Rosie calling her out on that one, too.  And you set out perfectly how flip Whoopi is about something as serious as rape, how she equates it with things that are immoral but not illegal.  She just doesn't see it as that big a deal.  Her beliefs are outright dangerous. 

I love this post

Same here.  I love you, galax-arena!  None of her business?  None of her business??  Yeah, right.  Loved your points about how it is her business.  Thank you - I don't know if I would have caught that.  It's her job.  Also, I loved when Rosie O called her out on that saying that as a woman, that's none of her business?  Totally agreed with your whole post too backformore

Tomorrow was taped, so we have yet to see how this all plays out for us.  All I can say is that it's high time we finally have an interesting show to watch.  But I won't hold my breath because Whoopi is the moderator and she is never going to let us or anyone else forget that.

Edited by Dreamboat Annie
  • Love 8
Benevolent, kindly, respected men committing horrible crimes against children and getting away with it because people said "it's not my business", and discounted what the victims said.

Well said, Backformore.  Also, the priests who abused the boys (mostly boys) were highly respected, even revered and honored by their parishioners.Those boys who dared to report bad things happening were, for the most part, not believed--even by their parents.  They were punished and often taken out of their schools. How could these Men of God (or showbiz) do something so horrible?  Sometimes these "pillars" are respected simply because of the offices or jobs they hold--not really for anything they've done to earn respect.  They learn early on to take advantage of their perks.  

and I think Rosie P. might have been saying the corporations and networks shouldn't bow down to public opinion on social media.  Except of course that same public are their customers.

Agreed, Cosmocrush...and maybe someone could explain to RosieP that "followers" on Facebook, Twitter, and the other methods of "cyber-communication" are becoming more important to networks and sponsors than the old rating system.  Nielsen is taking notice and trying to change their business model.  Sponsors will bow to social media public opinion just as they have to lowered ratings and letter-writing campaigns in the past.

• Love 11

I watched the whole show today because i adore Aaron Sorkin.  Well, I adore his writing.  I think I've seen every TWW episode at least three times. That show was my refuge during the early dark days of the Bush administration.   And finally, Nicolle got to interview someone she'd met before.   Anyway, I don't think it was a live interview - Whoopi had on entirely different clothes (lime green leggings, again) than during Hot Topics and the closing while Nicolle was wearing the same outfit.  What's up show?

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

I watched the whole show today because i adore Aaron Sorkin.  Well, I adore his writing.  I think I've seen every TWW episode at least three times. That show was my refuge during the early dark days of the Bush administration.   And finally, Nicolle got to interview someone she'd met before.   Anyway, I don't think it was a live interview - Whoopi had on entirely different clothes (lime green leggings, again) than during Hot Topics and the closing while Nicolle was wearing the same outfit.  What's up show?  

I noticed that too Cosmo, but I forgot about it with all the other B.S.   So much for an "all new" show (not including the taped interviews) -- LOL.

• Love 2