Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: He Has A Wife

A mother goes on trial for killing her family's nanny while taking a strong medicine. Meanwhile, Rebecca and Bonnie's loyalty to Annalise is shaken following the discovery of a stunning detail in Lila's case; and a flashback reveals more about Lila and Sam's relationship.

This show is crazy, but I absolutely love it. I cannot wait for next week to find out who killed Sam.

I really liked the flashbacks of poor mixed up Lila. It showed that Rebecca was telling the truth that she and Lila were friends. I had a good laugh when she looked at the picture of Sam's penis and said no wonder it did not hurt. 

Rebecca is stupid trusting Nate, a man she does not know from Adam over Wes who does love her.

Viola was great in the scene where Annalise was calling herself barren. I still cannot sympathize with her when she was having her own affair.

Damn, Annalise was mean to Bonnie calling her "mousy" and then firing her. Sam is so manipulative. I cannot believe that he was kissing Bonnie on the front porch where anyone could see them. At least, Bonnie saw through him and now we know that she loves Annalise above everyone else. 

I was happy that Michaela got a win and stuck it to Connor. She deserved the trophy so I laughed when she stole it from Asher. Great to see Lynn Whitfield. I cannot believe that Michaela is still willing to marry Aiden and have that mean ass woman as her mother-in-law for life. There is not that much love in the world. 

I cracked up when Cody told Connor that he knew that he was gay when he was trying to sell that BS story about his involvement with that girl.

Just how big is the backseat of the car that Frank and Laurel were having sex in? 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 13

I love this show!  I was so sad when it ended.  I freaking love it.  Suddenly Bonnie is an actual character and I don't dislike her anymore!  And Mikaela looked so stunning this episode.

Viola this episode...... I'm just in awe of her.  That staredown of that husband character on the stand when he was confessing what he did!  The crying!  Omg... she's God.  I wish this season had like 10-15 more episodes, I'd watch them all happily :)

I don't find Viola's husband the least bit attractive.  It's the area all around his eyes.  It looks dead.  Is he Botoxed or something?

Frank's girlfriend.... LOL WTF?  If she's telling the truth, why does she stay with him?  That was the weirdest part.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3

As my mother famously said about my sister-in-law, "she's not even interesting enough to be boring." This is how I feel about Frank and Laurel. Both of them feel less like realized characters and more like character notes in a script. Frank is criminal that Annalise helped go straight. Laurel is rich girl who wants to help the poor, but has a thing for bad boys who are from the wrong side of the tracks and rough around the edges. It doesn't help that they have no chemistry. I washed dishes during their car hookup.

Sam is a lying manipulative shit.

I feel bad for Michaela and I don't even like her.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 8

The case of the week was pretty sad and gross - not only did father and son share the same woman, but the same disease.  I wonder if Elke gave the disease to both, or if the father gave it to her and then she passed it to his son.

I liked what Annalise told the wife at the end.

I didn't realize Sam was so manipulative, I'm glad Bonnie told the truth to Annalise.

• Love 4

Damn. I am so confused. I think I just blew up my own theory about who did what.

So am I wrong in thinking Bonnie never really was in love with Sam this whole time. She was playing him for Annalise's sake. She sure looked pathetic on her knees crying and begging to Annalise. Is she in love with Annalise? What kind of hold does this woman have on her? Bonnie is whipped out of her mind over Annalise and for what. I couldn't believe Annalise fired her after all that but I'm think this is another one of Annalise's mind games and she's got some long con going on involving Bonnie and the students. I think she fired Bonnie for reasons that nothing to do with her being mad about her kissing Sam. 

So now I"m moving Annalise to the top of my list of suspects with Bonnie in second position. And that's only because I think Bonnie is sad enough to kill Sam hoping that would get her back in Annalise's good graces with him out of the way clouding her judgement. 

• Love 4

Sam is the worst. No one will be mourning his disgusting ass. I do wonder if he'll find out about Annalise's affair with Nate. Not that it'll make me feel remotely sympathetic toward him; I just hate untended plot threads like that.

Enjoyed this episode mostly because we've finally arrived at the infamous bonfire niht.

I can't figure out why I like this show...but I do.

Same here. It's predictable, the acting (save Viola) isn't great and the dialogue is meh. But I still watch every week. 

ETA:

I think she fired Bonnie for reasons that nothing to do with her being mad about her kissing Sam.

Me, too. My theory all season long has been that Bonnie was sent by Sam's first wife to break up Annalise and Sam's marriage and that she ended up falling for Sam. I had her pegged as Lila's killer because Lila found out about the real why and how Bonnie came to work for Annalise. Now, I feel like that theory is completely wrong, but who knows. Bonnie seems unhealthily devoted to Annalise, so you may be right, Turkish, about Bonnie killing Sam for her boss.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
I too cannot get totally behind Annie because of her banging the cop.

Who she seemed really in love with at one point.  So, I don't know why she's also acting so crushed about Sam's affair.

Sam doesn't know about the cop, right? I can't remember, but I'm assuming no otherwise he would have thrown it back in her face by now.

Me, too. My theory all season long has been that Bonnie was sent by Sam's first wife to break up Annalise and Sam's marriage and that she ended up falling for Sam. I had her pegged as Lila's killer because Lila found out about the real why and how Bonnie came to work for Annalise. Now, I feel like that theory is completely wrong, but who knows. Bonnie seems unhealthily devoted to Annalise, so you may be right, Turkish, about Bonnie killing Sam for Annalise.

After this episode, my new Bonnie/Annalise theory is that either Annalise has something on Bonnie or Annalise saved Bonnie in some way at some point and that is why she so loyal. She had that woman on her knees crying snot tears over her. There is no way in hell this is all about her being in love with Sam. I think they wanted us to believe that Bonnie was interested in Sam when really she's been ride or die for Anna this whole time. We already know Annalise knows she can pretty much order Bonnie around and she will do what she says. And Bonnie and the students are the ones who do all the work any way. Annalise needs Bonnie working in that office. She didn't fire her for any other reason other than she's got some plan under her sleeve. She is playing Bonnie. She is playing those students. The only one who looks close to figuring that out is Wes. I think he finally saw the light at the end of the episode when he realized Annalise probably told him about the baby because she knew he would run straight to Rebecca with that knowledge. 

• Love 2

Re client of the week:

So Annalise exposes in court that the client's husband murdered his mistress/her kids' nanny, whom both he and her son were having sex with (and sharing a fun little STD), and that said husband TRIED TO PIN IT ON HER, and her reaction is to call Annalise an animal and blame her for 'destroying her family'? Was she STILL sleepwalking at that point? Because it's time to wake up, girlfriend. And head on over to the clinic and find out if you too received the gift that keeps on giving from the circle of STANK that is your family. 

Annalise played Wes like a fiddle. He's too stupid to live.

So Lila thought it was cute and amusing that her new boyfriend had a wife but then had the gall to suddenly become outraged by this fact when Sam broke it off with her? Girl, please.

As my mother famously said about my sister-in-law, "she's not even interesting enough to be boring."

Well damn! LMAO!

Edited by LaJefaza
  • Love 8

So am I wrong in thinking Bonnie never really was in love with Sam this whole time. She was playing him for Annalise's sake. She sure looked pathetic on her knees crying and begging to Annalise. Is she in love with Annalise? 

I've been wondering this for a while. At first I thought she had an unrequited thing for Sam, but this Tumblr gifset made me reconsider that, and it's obvious now that she's devoted to Annalise (whether that's romantic or not, I still can't tell). I want to know more about her.

• Love 1

Holy shit, I thought this episode was great.

Where have I seen Aiden's mother before? I always felt like Michaela was such dead weight but her speech about refusing to sign the pre-nup before raising a hand to slap her future mother-in-law, and then heading to Asher's to steal the trophy? Damn gurl, you go.

The scene where Bonnie confessed all to Annalise was so weird and fascinating and I could not take my eyes off it. There was something very Godfather about her getting down on her knees and begging for forgiveness. I really want to know what the deal is between those two. There was also that scene in the courthouse where Annalise got mad at Bonnie because she's supposed to "warn her when these things are coming" or whatever she said.

Wait, so the Great Love Story of Frank and Laurel is brought to a grinding halt by a never-before-mentioned girlfriend? Laaaaaaaame. I mean, the story itself was lame on its own but Jesus Louiseus.

This was one of those episodes that I think cleared up/addressed a lot of the problems that people were having. They explicitly stated Connor can't get anything done unless he uses his penis to do it, and that the Keating 5 basically do all of Annalise's work for her. I appreciate them throwing us those bones.

This episode also had a lot of great little moments. I love Rebecca's laugh when she saw the picture of Sam's penis. Asher's head-bob as he invited Bonnie to his party was classic. And I think I laughed out loud when Annalise opened the office door as Bonnie was trying to talk to Sam in the kitchen. Idk, I'm easy to please.

• Love 6

I think that Annalise fired Bonnie for not telling her about Lila coming to the house. That is a huge lie of omission that really is unforgivable. 

It is possible that Annalise loves both Sam and Nate. She and Nate were having freaky sex while she and Sam were drifting apart. 

No, Sam does not know about Annalise and Nate's affair.

Also, unless it is misdirection, the flashbacks convinced me that Rebecca did not kill Lila. No clue who did though.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

This show is crazy, but I absolutely love it. I cannot wait for next week to find out who killed Sam.

I really liked the flashbacks of poor mixed up Lila. It showed that Rebecca was telling the truth that she and Lila were friends. I had a good laugh when she looked at the picture of Sam's penis and said no wonder it did not hurt. 

I thought she said that now she knew why Lila was worried about it hurting. Either way, Rebecca knew about the picture.

So am I wrong in thinking Bonnie never really was in love with Sam this whole time. She was playing him for Annalise's sake. She sure looked pathetic on her knees crying and begging to Annalise. Is she in love with Annalise? What kind of hold does this woman have on her? Bonnie is whipped out of her mind over Annalise and for what. I couldn't believe Annalise fired her after all that but I'm think this is another one of Annalise's mind games and she's got some long con going on involving Bonnie and the students. I think she fired Bonnie for reasons that nothing to do with her being mad about her kissing Sam.

I read that as Bonnie having a thing for Sam, but realizing with that kiss that Sam knew about her unrequited love, and because of that thought he could manipulate Bonnie's feelings. But Bonnie's deepest loyalty is to Annalise or to working the law with Annelise. I can't decide, but it was a very surprising scene.

I have two questions for the show:

How the hell has Rebecca, a strong contender for Most Obnoxious Person in the World, made it this far in life without being killed?

How the hell did Wes and Lila make it this far along in life, let alone being accepted to college/law school, given that they are both too dumb to live?

• Love 5

I think that Annalise fired Bonnie for not telling her about Lila coming to the house. That is a huge lie of omission that really is unforgivable.

If it were just about Lila wouldn't she have fired her earlier in the day after she felt blindslided by Bonnie the first time? I think she fired Bonnie to get her out of that house because she had already planned to expose Sam later. Whether she meant for him to die that night remains to be seen but I truly believe she fired Bonnie for another purpose than just being pissed about Lila and Sam. 

Edited by Turkish

I thought she said that now she knew why Lila was worried about it hurting. Either way, Rebecca knew about the picture.

Ah, I got it wrong.

Turkish: You might be right that Annalise had an ulterior motive for firing Bonnie.

Edited by SimoneS

Geez Bonnie is a weird bitch. I think she has a crush on Anni the way she got on her knees and had her head on Anni's lap. 

Sam is just a bastard, lying to Anni again about not knowing about Lila being pregnant but he did. Kissing Bonnie. Ugh his character is just disgusting.

Go Michaela, with stealing that trophy lol I knew that's why she went to Asher's house. I liked how she wouldn't sign the pre-nup either and I called it on her basically not coming from money, think it's an act she put on so that others don't know about where she really comes from. Poor Asher, now I see why he stops at Anni's, wanting that trophy back.

Lynn Whitfied is always playing a nasty character for the most part. Last good character I seen her play was The Women of Brewster of Place.

Rebecca talks too damn fast, I was like damn bitch slow down, why talking so fast.

Don't feel bad for Laurel that Frank has another woman on the side. He's a creep especially when at that woman's house and wanted to go upstairs for a quickie. That's what Laurel gets for cheating on her boyfriend who seems like a really nice guy.

Connor can't sell being straight, if the guy already knew that Connor is gay. Maybe if he didn't sleep around so much might be better off. I still love how he and Michaela still banter with each other and try to one up one another. Such a highlight for me to see those two interact and how Connor wouldn't give her a copy of the test. Those two are magic together.

Wes really. Anni told you not tell Rebecca and he does just that. He's just not trustworthy at all.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 1

Rebecca talks too damn fast, I was like damn bitch slow down, why talking so fast.

LoL. I said the same thing tonight. Girl, slow down and enunciate your words. 

Why is Laurel crying over Frank like she's not also cheating on somebody. Girl, bye. 

• Love 1
I love Rebecca's laugh when she saw the picture of Sam's penis.

Even Rebecca's growing on me.  She really does have quite a crazy beautiful face (it's just the mouth, really, but everything works.)  This show knows how to make me fall in love.  It had a few flaws, and now I like Bonnie and Rebecca, and I never had before.  It's all coming full circle and hopefully all makes sense by the end of the season :)

• Love 4

I like Rebecca a lot now, more now that I have seen her in those flashbacks with Lila. Rebecca is actually pretty cool. Yes, she was a minor league drug dealer, but she was a good friend to Lila. Rebecca correctly call out and rejected Lila's boyfriend controlling abstinence pact and gave Lila good advice about not going to Annalise.

I also like Wes and Rebecca together. I liked that he told her about Lila's pregnancy. He was right not to keep that secret. I could see Annalise using it to drive a wedge between Wes and Rebecca down the road. While I have huge misgivings about Lila trusting Nate, she is clearly trying to clear her name and nail Sam to the wall for murdering her friend. Plus, I think that Rebecca genuinely likes Wes. 

• Love 4

I seem to remember that when Wes stumbled on Annalise and Nate having sex, she tried afterwards to explain to Wes that she was doing that cause she had trouble conceiving. In tonight’s episode, she talked about being barren and seemed surprised that Lila could have been pregnant from Sam.

I seem to remember that when Wes stumbled on Annalise and Nate having sex, she tried afterwards to explain to Wes that she was doing that cause she had trouble conceiving. In tonight’s episode, she talked about being barren and seemed surprised that Lila could have been pregnant from Sam.

I think she told Wes that to explain part of how she and her husband had drifted apart, not in a "HE can't get me pregnant so I'm using my boyfriend as a stealth sperm doner" way. (I was 50/50 on whether their struggles to conceive were just BS to gain Wes' sympathy/discretion with what he knew, but it seems that thread was true.)

I read her as more sad/extra-betrayed that her husband got his young mistress pregnant when she'd been trying (unsuccessfully) to have his baby for, presumably, years.

I think I have Annalise out of the running for the murder, as of the last episode or so? Whenever we saw her crying and frantic with worry over where he was and something bad having happened when she got back to her husband-less, carpet-less house afterwards? The students could still think they're covering for her; Rebecca seems obvious, since she was covered in blood spatter, but it's like Shonda to throw in a twist and have just had her witness it, not do it. Bonnie's still on my short-list, too.

(I had also been thinking that Bonnie was Sam's first wife, but her total loyalty to Annalise doesn't make much sense if that were the case.)

• Love 2

Did they blow their budget landing Viola, and are taking all the other actors straight out of school? Lila's actress was so bad Rebecca seemed like a more realistic character! Bonnie exuded ten times more emotion in the two seconds she swept Lila off her porch with her laser-beam eyes. Did they have Bonnie do the insouciant, heavy-lidded acting this whole time so that it looked like her eyes were half her face during her come to jesus with Annalise? It was like something out of Amelie, holy moly. 

Sam totally went for the "seduce the sad mousy girl" route and Bonnie saw right through it. Your dick's not a swiss army knife dude, there's a reason you can only pick up little girls and broken women. If his equipment is so sad that Rebecca laughed it, I can't even be mad that Annalise had to outsource to Nate.

I could hear the church bells ringing for the High Church of Viola when she started Sam down and then walked up the stairs. I wish someone would just stitch together all the parts with Viola and make that it's own show. Ok, Michaela brought it for once, so I guess she can stay as well. Ready to slap that lady in a 5 star restaurant, ok then.

Edited by rozen
  • Love 3

Bonnie was great. I will cheer her on if she kills Sam- he is scum. And no, Annalise, I don't feel sorry for you because you were having an affair and after he ended it, you kept going after him.

Laurel, you're an idiot because you're cheating on your pretty amazing and hot boyfriend. I'm surprised they don't have Michaela or her fiancé cheating on each other, but there is still half a season left so maybe that will come up later. Everyone on this show is scum.

• Love 1

Wes really. Anni told you not tell Rebecca and he does just that. He's just not trustworthy at all.

Part of me thinks that Annalise was counting on Wes running straight to Rebecca and sharing the news. Why she would do that, I don't know, but it's hard for me to believe she didn't know Wes would spill the beans long before Wes himself did.

Sam is a lying liar who lies.

• Love 2

It's  getting easier and easier to find Annalise reprehensible and loathsome.   Badgering her interns to solve her cases and then discarding them as if what she tangled before them (the trophy) as a prize she can't be bothered with.  Michaela is annoying but she had a point; compensation for almost single- handedly solving the case yet  Annalise was too distracted to care to reward her.

IF  the twist  was that Annalise was the corpse the night of the bonfire it would have been far  more interesting, as you would have the Keating 5, plus Rachel, Sam, Bonnie,  and Nate  all as plausible suspects who could have wanted the bitch dead. 

Edited by caracas1914

I'm starting to swing around towards Wes as being involved with Lila's murder. His behavior just seems so manipulative to me. I actually thought that's where we were heading with the Lila flashbacks, we'd find out Wes and Lila had some sort of a prior relationship. 

It does seem like we're heading towards a lame resolution to the Sam murder. Sorta of a, "Hey everybody, let's cover up a perfectly justifiable homicide." They've built up zero camaraderie between the students. In fact with the exception of Wes and Lauren, I get the feeling that the entire group hates each other. So unless you somehow get everyone actively involved in the murder, there's no way I'll believe that Michaela or Connor would cover for someone else.  

Edited by loki567
  • Love 1
but she was a good friend to Lila. Rebecca correctly call out and rejected Lila's boyfriend controlling abstinence pact and gave Lila good advice about not going to Annalise.

I know we've been given a lot of information the last few weeks so maybe I'm mixing something up, but weren't we told that Rebecca was sleeping with Lila's 'controlling' boyfriend, and in fact had deliberately called Lila over one night so that she would catch them in the act? Rebecca has never been presented as anything but mean and shady so I look at everything she says and does, even last night to her so-called friends, with distrust.

Edited by LaJefaza
  • Love 2

Michaela should have told future mother-in-law that she'd look over the prenup with her lawyer and get back to her later.  I can understand wanting her to sign a prenup, if the parents started a business.  Sure you say you're in love in the beginning but life happens, look at Anna and Sam.  

Is Bonnie in love with Anna?  I half expected them to kiss in that scene when Bonnie was on her knees.   I think Anna told Bonnie to leave because she was going to confront Sam.

I think Frank was cheating because he was living with a girlfriend.  I don't think the guy at legal aid was Laurel's boyfriend, they were just hooking up.

So now what's happening:  Anna confronted Sam,  Rebecca is on her way to Anna's; Conner, Laurel and Wes are following her.  Michaela took back the trophy, but why would she be on her way to Anna's?  

My money's on Michaela killing Sam, just because she's so wired now from nasty mother-in-law, maybe Sam hits Anna and Michaela loses it.  

• Love 1

Loved the episode! Frank can go away. Asher is Asher, Michaela moved up a spot in terms of which characters I like best, Wes continues to show his secret evil-mindedness the way he talked about how Annalise was playing them. Like, the way he was saying it and stuff, kinda made it sound like he was aware that he was already ensnared in Annalise's game. Rebecca had to screw up Wes's plans/strategy.

I don't mind Rebecca. Don't like her with Wes much, and I still think Wes could be playing her somehow, but she does seem to be a smart cookie for the most part.

I like Sam. Or should I say I enjoy his evil sliminess? A small part of me will miss his evilness when he's dead.

Now that Annalise requested the DNA samples, The Rebecca/Nate team up isn't necessary (although they don't know that; the audience does) unless it turns out Sam is miraculously not the father.

Next week looks awesome. I'll take a guess and say Bonnie did not kill Lila, mainly because I think they've tried to make her look extra shady. Don't know who did though it looks to be pointing towards Sam. And I'll say Wes killed Sam.

• Love 1

Why do so many characters on this show make out with people they shouldn't be making out with right in the open on Annalise's porch?

So the neighborhood Gladys Kravitz (Bewiched) can give a good report to the Police.

I think I have Annalise out of the running for the murder, as of the last episode or so? Whenever we saw her crying and frantic with worry over where he was and something bad having happened when she got back to her husband-less, carpet-less house afterwards? The students could still think they're covering for her; Rebecca seems obvious, since she was covered in blood spatter, but it's like Shonda to throw in a twist and have just had her witness it, not do it. Bonnie's still on my short-list, too.

It occurred to me that the phone call could be Annalise setting up her story for when the cops start questioning friends and family about Sam's disappearance/murder.

• Love 2

Is Paris Geller signed on for the second season or was her appearance like an extended guest appearance?

I really this actor Liza Weil (Bonnie). I think she is a fabulous actor, and I enjoy her role on the show. The cold, hard-edged, exterior, the highly efficient worker-bee who clearly has a deep well of emotions underneath as  we saw in today's scene. It's just brilliant.

I think Annalise fired her because, she was jealous that Sam confided in her about knowing about the pregnancy when he couldn't confide in her, his own wife. Also, I think Bonnie finally told Annalise that Sam is 'not a good guy' and 'not worth it.' Clearly, Annalise has not been ready to hear those words for a long time.

I also can now see how Bonnie ends up in bed with Asher - she needs comfort and he provides it. As much as I usually dislike jock-like characters, Asher has really grown on me.

As for Frank what can I say, I guess sleeping with students is his MO and dumb Lauren has blown a relationship with good ol' Kan to be the student fling of the month.

What can I say, I thought this was the best episode of the season so far and it's good to be delving even deeper into the various characters.

Edited by Beebee111
  • Love 2

Is Paris Geller signed on for the second season or was her appearance like an extended guest appearance?

I think Annalise is saving her for something but I can't figure out if it's from love or hate.

Liza Weil is listed as a series regular. She is also the only actor on the show who has been on all of Shonda's shows in some capacity. I don't think she is going anywhere just yet despite Annalise firing her. We know from the flashforwards that Annalise calls her at some point that night and given how subservient Bonnie is to her I'm willing to bet she goes running back to help her. 

I feel like Wes is involved in this (especially Lila's death) a lot more than we're being led to believe- he was (at least initially) presented as our "narrator"/lead and something tells me that it's going to be revealed that he is a VERY unreliable narrator. All the talk in the beginning of the first episode about him "being taken off the wait list" and last-minute being put into Annalise's class - makes me think that it was no accident that he found himself a member of the Keating five around the time of Lila's disappearance. Whether that means he killed Sam, I'm not quite so sure about.

Michaela attempting to slap Lynn Whitfield in a five star restaurant really endeared her to me.

I definitely thought the flashbacks were leading to something with Wes & Lila. The way Enoch delivered the line about Rebecca not trusting Wes made it seem like the manipulator's true colors were exposed for a minute. And I don't see how we get a season 2 unless the students were actively manipulated and used by one of their own. In my mind, the killer has to be one of the bonfire 4 in order to salvage the other there.

• Love 1

I didn't understand a bunch of things that happened in this episode.  Any clarification would be really appreciated!

- My impression was that Annelise knew that Wes was going to tell Rebecca that Lila was pregnant.  I didn't understand what Annelise thought Rebecca was going to do with that information.  Why did she want Rebecca to know?

- Was Rebecca really just looking for her gloves when she came to the house, or was she there for another reason?

- If Frank has a girlfriend, why did Bonnie tell Laurel not to get involved with him because Laurel would hurt Frank?  Bonnie seemed to be genuine in that scene.

- If the husband got the STD 3 months earlier than the son did, does that mean that the husband got the STD, treated it but didn't tell the nanny and also stopped sleeping with her (because otherwise he'd get it again)? 

• Love 1

I loved that Bonnie did not allow herself to get played by Sam. I called that obvious manipulation when he started stroking her cheek and thought "man, what a manipulative asshole." So kudos to Bonnie for not falling for that shit. And this confirmed what I suspected, that they were not having an affair and instead, everyone just knew she had a thing for him. Although, with her falling to her knees for Annalise, I'm starting to wonder if others' theory that Annalise is the one she's truly in love with may be true.

I love how in the last few weeks, the episodes will mention things that were just talked about on the boards. It's kind of freaky and hilarious since these episodes were all pre-filmed. But I thought it was interesting that they had Michaela voice some viewers' comments that they seem to be doing all the work for Annalise and more importantly, Connor's seeming inability to figure out anything unless there's a guy he can screw was addressed. These  moments make me happy because it makes me think that possibly the writers do know what they're doing, they are paying attention and have some plan for these characters.

We also now know that Ms. Michaela is not from money after all. I wonder if this battle with her and Aidan's mom continues, one day she'll throw in the mom's face Aidan banging Connor in high school. Also, meeting Aidan's mom and seeing the bitch on wheels she is and the kind of person she is, I'm further inclined to think that Aidan may be down playing his same-sex history because I have a feeling that woman would not be happy about a gay or bisexual son.

So the night of the murder is finally taking shape and based on the promo, it looks like multiple people were in the house before Sam was murdered and in fact seems like Sam may have comes across as a threat to multiple people. It'd be just my luck that they'll make it Laurel or Michaela who gave the fatal blow and so we can see Rebecca as some "martyr" because she'll think it was her fault they all came there, trying to help her and Sam ended up dead. Whatever... Meanwhile, with how this whole thing is shaping up to have gone down, I again will wonder why no one thought to just call the damn police and admit everything they knew, like Sam was sleeping with Lila, he may have gotten her pregnant, Rebecca was trying to find proof to prove it because she's on trial for Lila's murder, he attacked and his murder was self-defense. Instead they all just incriminate themselves more.

Speaking of Lila's murder, it does feel at this point like Sam killing her is so obvious, especially since he seems to have lied about everything else, that they may just throw a curveball and in the next season and show that Griffin really did murder her. That way, it could create more guilt and panic from the four about murdering and disposing of him. I hope not because I think Sam being the murderer works or they could say Rebecca did it and I'd be fine with that if it means she goes away even if she wasn't half as annoying as usual in this episode.

But my basic dislike of her aside, things that still make no sense to me about Rebecca is one, she seemed pretty adamant and cold when telling Wes that she and Lila weren't friends in an earlier episode. Now, with this episode, they're trying to sell that they were apparently so close. The flashbacks last night seemed to indicate no one really knew they were hanging out and she had no relationship with Griffin yet we saw her and Griffin talking and acting suspicious after Lila went missing and Griffin coming to her room freaking out when Lila was found. There's a reason they arrested both of them together. On top of that, the story Griffin gave about Lila walking in on him and Rebecca and that he realized Rebecca had set him up, seems to have been dropped because Rebecca's never really answered about it. She threw that rape thing last week that clearly was not true but didn't seem to deny they'd slept together. But once again, it didn't seem like Lila had the impression Rebecca and Griffin hung out or really knew each other.

I'm wondering if Rebecca and Griffin were hooking up all the while she was being Lila's "friend" and Lila was banging Sam so while Lila thought Griffin was a virgin she was lying to and cheating on, Griffin thought Lila was a virgin he was lying to and cheating on. Lila may have walked in on Griffin and Rebecca after she was already upset from going to the Keating's residence. I do think it's interesting that her body was dumped where she and Rebecca seemed to be meeting all the time. While Sam is my number one choice for murdering Lila, I still think there's more to Rebecca and it would be the biggest con wouldn't it - murder Lila, get a naive doofus to believe in her and play it just right where everyone believes Sam did it considering he had so much motive and then murder him in what seemed like self defense.

- My impression was that Annelise knew that Wes was going to tell Rebecca that Lila was pregnant.  I didn't understand what Annelise thought Rebecca was going to do with that information.  Why did she want Rebecca to know?

I think that's one of those things that will be revealed later.

- Was Rebecca really just looking for her gloves when she came to the house, or was she there for another reason?

No, it was an excuse for her to try and get something of Sam's for Nate that could be used to test his DNA, so they would know if he was the father of Lila's baby.

- If Frank has a girlfriend, why did Bonnie tell Laurel not to get involved with him because Laurel would hurt Frank?  Bonnie seemed to be genuine in that scene.

That I can't explain but the whole Frank and Laurel deal has been a bit of a clusterfuck.

- If the husband got the STD 3 months earlier than the son did, does that mean that the husband got the STD, treated it but didn't tell the nanny and also stopped sleeping with her (because otherwise he'd get it again)?

He might not have told her and I guess he was just more careful when sleeping with her. The key point though was that when the son came to him with the same symptoms and he realized what he had, he figured out the nanny was sleeping the kid too and snapped because he probably figured she was all his and probably loved the idea of his clueless, oblivious wife and his hot mistress all existing under the same roof. 

I don't think the guy at legal aid was Laurel's boyfriend, they were just hooking up.

No, they were dating and she considered him her boyfriend because when she and Frank kissed the first time, when she pushed him and walked away, she said she had a boyfriend. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

I don't understand the support Michaela is getting from this episode. I see no evidence that she loves Aiden, if anything, the future mother-in-law was right about her. Remember her threat to Aiden of taking all his money. She said nothing about loving him or her heart being broken, it was all about what she could get from him. Mommy-in-law sees Michaela clearly, yet she is the villain? Is Michaela refusing to sign the pre-nup because of this alleged love or because she is exactly what she was called out as being, a gold-digging social climber. I am leaning toward the latter and knowing she isn't from money puts a whole new spin on her willingness to remain with Aiden. Also, who paid for her Vera Wang dress and the fancy hall? Love or money, I don't see love with Michaela. Moreover, how does she seem to feel entitled to money that isn't even Aiden's? I see someone looking for the come-up and getting called out. That was what the smack was about, not righteous indignation because everything that was said to her was true based on what Michaela herself has said.

As for the support of the theft of the trophy, how is that a hell yeah moment? The trophy is supposedly rewarded by Annalise to the student who she feels has earned it and it can be used as a pass on a test without penalty. The winning of the trophy is point for bragging for Annalise's students. Having stole the trophy, Michaela can not display it, she cannot brag on it, nor can she use it to be exempt from the test since Annalise knows it was never given to her. So what exactly is she going to do wih it, rub it and call it The Precious?

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 9

Ya'll, I've been afraid of Lynn Whitfield since A Thin Line Between Love & Hate.  Any woman who can beat herself up with a stocking filled with oranges is NOT a woman you mess with. You gotta be faster with your pimp hand next time, Michaela.

Aidan's family must be paying for bespoke Vera Wang. Michaela's frontin', non-money having ass had me fooled.

• Love 5
Remember her threat to Aiden of taking all his money. She said nothing about loving him or her heart being broken, it was all about what she could get from him.

I may be remembering wrong but as I recall, she said that if she found out he was lying, she would destroy him. She said nothing about taking his money though maybe that's what she meant to. And as I recall, Michaela did not start talking about her gown and destroying Aidan until after she gave him the out of telling him that if he was gay it was fine and they could be friends and move on. It's when he swore he only wanted her, she warned him that if she found later he was lying and basically embarrassed her, she would destroy him.

Moreover, how does she seem to feel entitled to money that isn't even Aiden's?

She didn't say she felt entitled to any of Aidan's money but instead said that she didn't think she needed to sign the prenup because for her, the marriage was forever.  That being said, and I like Michaela, but if she believes so much that she and Aidan are forever then she should just sign the damn prenup since it would hardly matter anyway. I do think the way Aidan himself allowed her to be blindsided with the prenup was shitty. Basically having her go there thinking she had a firm interested in her and instead she's confronted with prenup documents.

• Love 5

I don't understand the support Michaela is getting from this episode. I see no evidence that she loves Aiden, if anything, the future mother-in-law was right about her. Remember her threat to Aiden of taking all his money. She said nothing about loving him or her heart being broken, it was all about what she could get from him. Mommy-in-law sees Michaela clearly, yet she is the villain? Is Michaela refusing to sign the pre-nup because of this alleged love or because she is exactly what she was called out as being, a gold-digging social climber. I am leaning toward the latter and knowing she isn't from money puts a whole new spin on her willingness to remain with Aiden. Also, who paid for her Vera Wang dress and the fancy hall? Love or money, I don't see love with Michaela. Moreover, how does she seem to feel entitled to money that isn't even Aiden's? I see someone looking for the come-up and getting called out. That was what the smack was about, not righteous indignation because everything that was said to her was true based on what Michaela herself has said.

As for the support of the theft of the trophy, how is that a hell yeah moment? The trophy is supposedly rewarded by Annalise to the student who she feels has earned it and it can be used as a pass on a test without penalty. The winning of the trophy is point for bragging for Annalise's students. Having stole the trophy, Michaela can not display it, she cannot brag on it, nor can she use it to be exempt from the test since Annalise knows it was never given to her. So what exactly is she going to do wih it, rub it and call it The Precious?

There is nothing wrong with a prenup, however Michaela's mother in law acted like she at a bowl of bitch before speaking to Michaela.  I'd be pretty upset if anybody who spoke to me in that tone.  So what Michaela didn't come from money.  I'm sure mother in law wasn't born with a silver spoon in her mouth either, as she said they started with one store and now are multinational.

As for the trophy, Michaela won the case for Anna but Anna was so hung up on the Sam drama, she couldn't focus.  She would have lost that case if it hadn't been for Michaela, so the trophy should have gone to her.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3