Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Yeah, Julie laying by the park bench for three scenes was way tooooo long. Although, Gabi fabulous in her dress. Robin Strasser was the bomb on OLTL in the 80’s & 90’s. She’s a good actress and has seen it all. That said, I don’t know who’s idea it was for that horrid wig. I don’t know if it’s supposed to look fake but everything about it is wrong. Hopefully, it will settle down soon. 

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Ciara calls/considers Julie "Grandma"? That's ... weird -- and kinda icky.

I'm just going to say it: Strasser's Vivian is, at least so far, not good.

Yeah, but that's a hard one to figure out, when your mom's sister is married to your mom's father.....

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I like how telling the ambulance to come to "the park" is sufficient information to get them to the correct location.

Do people die anywhere else in Salem?

Even with Gabi referencing it, I struggled to remembered the previous time Julie cried wolf. Help?

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought BB was better these past 2 days then he was the entire rest of his run so far.

Agreed. This was the first time I saw his Stefan with the same burning fire in his eyes that the previous one had. I felt like all of a sudden there was connective tissue between the two interpretations of the character.

• Love 5

I didn't blame Gabi for walking away either. Julie has pulled similar stunts for attention and has cried wolf. If she was having a heart attack, why would she go on and on like she was on the Titanic?

I did laugh when she told Ben to not kill her as he was checking to see if she had a pulse. Geez, would he really do it in front of Ciara?

Dr. Rolf has aged. I did not recognize Aunt Viv. She seemed a bit over the top.

Sarah you probably will lose Eric to Nicole if she is alive. Until he settles his karma with her, he won't be yours and you can be thankful. Who wants a lifetime with mopey, sad, religious, holier than thou Eric? Always loving someone else and settling for you and wishing the someone else was there.

Repairing the bullet hole in the floor will be expensive, Stefan. Nice of Kate to just grab the booze decanter and walk out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Agreed. This was the first time I saw his Stefan with the same burning fire in his eyes that the previous one had. I felt like all of a sudden there was connective tissue between the two interpretations of the character.

That’s a good way of explaining what I reacted to about BB. Although I’ve appreciated certain aspects that both TC and BB have brought to Stefan, they’ve felt like very different interpretations. These scenes were the first time I felt that connection between the two versions. And BB showed he could play darker as well, which I liked seeing. 

• Love 5

I liked RS as Vivian.   I think her acting fits the character.   It's SSH OTT acting that bugs the shit out of me.   Let Julie already so I don't have to put up with her anymore

We all know Kate isn't going to die because Ken would never get rid of one of his pets so Stefan holding a gun to her the entire ep was boring AF

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Sandman said:

Did she, though? I only saw the one clip, and none of its context, so I'm prepared to take your word for it -- but nothing about that phone call suggested the behaviour of one taking responsibility for her actions. It makes me skeptical. If Julie really was a "Bad Girl" in the past, it makes her present sanctimoniousness all the more hypocritical, though not necessarily unrealistic for that reason.

The very first episode of the show, Julie (then played by a different actress), as a teenager, was arrested for shoplifting and tried to use the Horton card to get out of being arrested.

• Love 3

Well now, THIS was a good start to the week!  I knew it would be worth watching, seeing FogHorn LegHorn collapse last week, clutching the last threads she has of any credible claims of acting talent - that screech of hers, "GAAAABI, I'M HAVING A HAAAAAAAAAAAART ATTAAAAAACCCCCCC!" was enough to raise the dead, (although that stunt seems to belong exclusively to Dr. Rolf nowadays.)

Comfy slippers, a box of my finest wine, a bag of bugles and I was ready to enjoy each screeching, scenery chomping, over-emoted scene today.

Julie's screaming heart attack lasted longer than one of Victor's marriages and had about the same level of appeal.  She held onto that park bench for so long I was ready for her to do a Martha Raye and have her dentures fly right out of her mouth while she was in mid-screech at Gabi.  The only thing Gabi did wrong was not to use this chance to pull out a magic marker and give her some Uncle Leo eyebrows. 

giphy.gif

The chance won't come again anytime soon.

My only real regret is that Ben wasn't wearing a necktie when he saved her.  

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I didn't blame Gabi for walking away either. Julie has pulled similar stunts for attention and has cried wolf. If she was having a heart attack, why would she go on and on like she was on the Titanic?

Just imagine her on the Titanic.  No way she wouldn't have been pushed out of one of the lifeboats after about 10 minutes and you know that even there she would have gone on and on about her precious Nick, the awful Chloe, the horrible Sami, the sainted Abigail, and of course, Doug's magic ukelele.

I'm hoping that with Dr. Rolf on his way back to Salem University Hospital, that he gets to consult on Julie's case.  Serve the old bat right.

2 hours ago, SnK said:

I liked RS as Vivian.   I think her acting fits the character.   It's SSH OTT acting that bugs the shit out of me.   Let Julie already so I don't have to put up with her anymore

I feel the same way about Robin Strasser as Vivian.  I actually thought she was a little dialed back for Vivian, who's not a character I've ever watched for her subtlety.  She's nuttier than a fruitcake.  I didn't mind the wig or the getup either, since, after all, she's supposed to be Vivian.  Again, a dress made of nuts and chews and a wig made of woven bats wings makes perfect sense for the character.  I'm looking forward to seeing her and Kate.

Sarah, Sarah, Sarah, wrong again!  Eric's "greatest happiness" isn't Nicole, it's his unceasing struggle with the Devil to resist the call of his naughty bits.  He was back to being prissy and pissy and showing all the maturity of a 2 year old when they found Dr. Rolf.  I sure hope Nicole didn't run TOO far away.  I mean, she wouldn't want to lose Eric, 

giphy.gif

he's such a catch.  Isn't he?  Sex on a stick, that man.

Kate was great, as usual, but as some of you have said, no way was he going to shoot her anyway.  

My favorite part of Show today was the way that Jack, Jen and Dr. Rolf took off back to Salem like a shot the minute Rolf agreed to work on making a serum to restore Jack's memory.  They turned to leave as if they'd forgotten all about Eric's angst and Nicole and left him with Vivian.  

The poor baby.

Edited by boes
Speeling
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, boes said:

My only real regret is that Ben wasn't wearing a necktie when he saved her.

Ben did perform CPR rather high at the neck (I figured it was RSW being respectful) so I though we were in with a chance! 😳😂

Edited by BoldDays
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, boes said:

Kate was great, as usual, but as some of you have said, no way was he going to shoot her anyway

...and yet LK still sold the hell out of the whole scene. Deidre has looked pretty bored during Marlena's last few near death experiences, but LK just sells each second. The writing for Gabi (she used life experience to talk Stefan down - smart) and BB and LK's performances made it all worthwhile. It could have been old hat and instead it crackled (sorry to disagree SnK).

And since I often can't understand Kate's fashion choices I have to say, I adored her dress today. The belt with the extra S&M buckles, the blue striped semi-transparent fabric, the way it flared out at the elbows, all of it. She looked amazing.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, boes said:

The only thing Gabi did wrong was not to use this chance to pull out a magic marker and give her some Uncle Leo eyebrows. 

So much that was hilarious and bang on, @boes

But this mention gives me an opportunity to talk about this weird new phenomenon:  women paying to get really bushy eyebrows.  It's pretty distracting whether actress is young or not so young.  It's like they are having caterpillars sewn onto their brows.  Who is promoting this idea?!?!

8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

It seems Ms. Strasser has never altered her style to fit the times.

I thought she was actually trying to mimic Louise Sorel, until she called Stefan, and then she seemed all Dorian to me.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Would that be Vivian's precious son Stefan, or her precious son Quinn?

The existence of these two completely undermines Vivian's character ,essence and maternal love for John,Lawrence ,Nicholas and Philip .

Vivian spent the entire 1990s-early 2000s fawning over John ,Lawrence and Nicholas and then we are expected to believe that she had a secret son named Quinn all along? Even though Ivan did point out to Kristen that Vivian is so protective and so motherly towards her nephews because she has no bio child of her own. 

It was stated that Vivian was married and divorced a few times so Quinn should have been her stepson from one of her previous marrieges.

I still think the actor, Bren Foster  who played Quinn should have been Milo" Orpheus" Harp's son . Bren does look like he could be the son of George DelHoyo ,who played Orpheus plus the actor is roughly the same age as Allison Sweeney since it was stated that Roman and Orpheus's sons and daughters are peers. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...and yet LK still sold the hell out of the whole scene. Deidre has looked pretty bored during Marlena's last few near death experiences, but LK just sells each second. The writing for Gabi (she used life experience to talk Stefan down - smart) and BB and LK's performances made it all worthwhile. It could have been old hat and instead it crackled (sorry to disagree SnK).

I agree. We all knew Stefan wasn't going to shoot/kill Kate but the acting made those otherwise kinda pointless scenes worthwhile. LK was fantastic. She actually seemed scared she might get shot, unlike most people in these types of scenes that look like they couldn't care less lol.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Deidre has looked pretty bored during Marlena's last few near death experiences,

That could be an acting choice, now that I think of it -- maybe Mar wasn't feeling it in the last few near-death tribulations?

Julie's screaming heart attack lasted longer than one of Victor's marriages and had about the same level of appeal.

::dead:: 

Edited by Sandman
High-fives Boes
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:
17 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I like how telling the ambulance to come to "the park" is sufficient information to get them to the correct location.

Do people die anywhere else in Salem?

The park is the new pier, lol. 

Loved the antics of J/J/Eric on an escapade. That's what makes Jack and Jennifer so fun to watch.

I don't envy Robin Strasser replacing the great and wonderful Louise Sorel as Vivian. For me she'll always be Dorian, too, but she seems game to give this a good try and it's nice to see her on screen again. The wig, the wardrobe -- all of it seems true to the character of Vivian. We'll see!

Sarah/Eric bore me to tears, so nothing new on that front for me. That and I think she looks dumb with her hair on top of her head, but that's not important :)

Julie! I think I enjoy her scenes just because SSH seems to get such a kick out of being Julie. I agree, though, that it wears thin quickly (that was for @boes lol).

Lots of funny stuff today - -hope it's the start of a promising new trend. I also loved when Kate brought the liquor bottle upstairs with her -- oh, and her outfit was great, too, yes. She's almost flawless most of the time, although I do like her hair better darker as it is now.

• Love 5

I also prefer her hair darker. When we see too much of the Blue Streak it's distracting.

I barely watched today's episode. So Vivian & Rolf aren't working for Kristen after all? Huh?

I would like Sarah a lot better if she was actually doing things in her scenes other than sitting around and talking to people about Eric all the time. She has so much screen time and all of it is the same. Remember when soaps would actually show us people doing their jobs in detail? We used to see doctors actually following up on specific cases and looking into certain kinds of treatments. It seemed like the writers used to do a lot more research back then. Ron meanwhile just makes up some come back from the dead serum, has Sarah and Rex whip up a batch off camera in 30 seconds and administer it and we have to accept that that makes sense.

I wonder if Gabi can even hear herself anymore. She's telling the guy who framed her for murder and let her get the fertility beaten out of her in prison how much she loves him and how happy she is to be married to him, while willingly facing the fact that her mother-in-law is now the woman who tried to screw her out of her own company months ago and then suggesting that been the serial killer they work with look into things for them...

...remember when she was disgusted by the sight of known murderer Andre? Yeah, what happened to that girl?

...we need a scene where Ari, like little Cindy Lou, walks in on Gabi the Grinch with big doe eyes and in the process of staring at Mommy makes her snap back to reality and reactivate her moral core and self-preservational instincts.

I happen to think Gabi could still be a very interesting character even if she isn't involved with criminals. For a woman who's so concerned with her daughter, she's putting Ari in unspeakable amounts of danger. How is it that Chloe got all this crap for endangering Holly's life in Nicole's absence, but Gabi who's smart enough to know how to avoid danger is running headfirst into it and dragging her daughter behind her?

I hate Robin Strasser's outfit.

Boy that letter from Ted smacked of rewrites didn't it? Something tells me Ron was asked to write the character out and unwilling to let go of his ideas about why the storyline was set up the way it was, he wrote this long letter explaining away every little detail. Ron, none of us really cared about Ted. I think we all pretty much forgot about the fact that Diana said she'd seen Ted's wife in Europe or whatever. Thanks for tying up that loose end but again I think it only mattered to you.

I think I would have rather seen hope cry a little bit over just how messed up her love life has been. Hope is the character was supposed to care about, and yet she seems weirdly unaffected by Ted even when she makes her sad face.

I got that Ben only has this one job, but seeing Ciara -freaking Bo Brady's daughter - encouraging him to keep it when it clearly involves doing criminal things and being an intimidating thug is gross. I don't think I'll ever care about Ciara again. It's just gone too far now. Even if they brought little LB back I don't know how the hell they would rectify this mess. Who is this moron with the big hair and no goals?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

The park is the new pier, lol. 

Loved the antics of J/J/Eric on an escapade. That's what makes Jack and Jennifer so fun to watch.

I don't envy Robin Strasser replacing the great and wonderful Louise Sorel as Vivian. For me she'll always be Dorian, too, but she seems game to give this a good try and it's nice to see her on screen again. The wig, the wardrobe -- all of it seems true to the character of Vivian. We'll see!

Sarah/Eric bore me to tears, so nothing new on that front for me. That and I think she looks dumb with her hair on top of her head, but that's not important 🙂

Julie! I think I enjoy her scenes just because SSH seems to get such a kick out of being Julie. I agree, though, that it wears thin quickly (that was for @boes lol).

Lots of funny stuff today - -hope it's the start of a promising new trend. I also loved when Kate brought the liquor bottle upstairs with her -- oh, and her outfit was great, too, yes. She's almost flawless most of the time, although I do like her hair better darker as it is now.

Love the funny stuff too. And I agree, I hope there is more to come. I seem to remember when I watched this in the 80's it was a lot more fun, along with the craziness that is soaps. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I barely watched today's episode. So Vivian & Rolf aren't working for Kristen after all? Huh?

Please, please, please, PLEASE Show do NOT try to imply that the thug was working for Stefano.  I know they did the whole dead/not dead thing with images of him supposedly surfacing but I REALLY do not want another plot that was supposedly controlled by Stefano.  The man is gone, please just find definitive proof that he is dead and let him be. 

• Love 5

Gabi doesn't hide how she feels.  "Vivian is alive." "Well that sucks.."  LOL

The repeated flashbacks of the Gabi/Julie encounter were annoying.

It's weird that Ted's wife is still alive and Show never addressed it.

Why do people on these shows turn their phones off all the time?  Is this a normal thing?

OK, so what other DiMera would ThugWithGun be working for?  Not Kristen, not Tony, not Stefan, so ... Stefano? Andre?

Why do people keep finding it odd that people are alive again?

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

Love the funny stuff too. And I agree, I hope there is more to come. I seem to remember when I watched this in the 80's it was a lot more fun, along with the craziness that is soaps. 

Amen! Melissa's Jennifer just comes alive in those scenes, and if you squint, lol, you can transport yourself back there :)

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

That and I think [Sarah] looks dumb with her hair on top of her head, but that's not important 🙂

I really need it to be a new day in Salem asap so I don't have to look at her stupid hair anymore.

1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Please, please, please, PLEASE Show do NOT try to imply that the thug was working for Stefano. 

That was my first thought but yea they really need to not do that.

BB was back to being not good today for me. When Gabi and Stefan try to act all couple-y it just really doesn't work and comes off very forced from both BB and CB imo. They just rushed it way too much.

• Love 5

As good as yesterday was, that's how lackluster today's Show felt.

Julie wakes up and manages to squeek out, as her first words, "She left me to die.........", before lapsing back into blessed silence.  Not, "Kayla, what happened to me?", not, "Where's Doug?", not "Ben Weston was undressing me with his eyes", nope, she goes RIGHT to the accusation.  It's not true, but the last thing Julie values, besides tact and taste is truth.  I hope Gabi has some sort of "Tar Be Gone" lotion, because Salem is gonna tar and feather her for not believing the human Titanic was really sinking.

Okay, Sarah, we got it, you've figured out you hitched your wagon to a putz, give Kayla a break.  The poor woman is gonna have to listen to Julie braying at her morning, noon and night, she doesn't need you complaining that Eyeore is suffering from a bad attack of the Nicoles.  You've had your last sacramental exchange with Fadda Eric, go find a new church, one where there's at least a chance at redemption.  

Eric was quite the tough guy today, wasn't he?  Please don't fight with the guard or

giphy.gif

I can't bear to see you cry again, I'm not strong enough.

The ending of today's episode was RIFE with tension and emotion, wasn't it?  Wasn't it?

Doug - "How is my Julie?"

Kayla - "I need you to brace yourself.  I have some bad news"

Doug - "What?  Tell me!"

Kayla - "It's bad, Doug, very bad.  Julie is going to be ...... fine".

And the entire town bursts into uncontrollable weeping.

Or not!

• LOL 19
  • Love 3

It would be a nice twist if Will/Sonny actually expressed legit concern over Ari being anywhere near Stefan given who he is etc. however that's too character driven for this show. 

As for Julie she was Days original bad girl and the black sheep of the Hortons but then somewhere along the way after Doug tamed her more or less she took on the maternal role when Hope came along. I have to say I'm surprised the show hasn't defanged Julie like they do other bad characters on this show. 

That being said Julie's antics are small potatoes to the things other characters have done.

• Love 6

The unsinkable Julie Williams. The average person waking up in a hospital bed would ask where they are, how they got there, what's wrong with them? Not 'she left me to.... die'. Given your history with Gabi, Julie, what do you expect? You have never really been civil to Gabi, you have been racist, angry, and a real piece of work to her. She owes you.... nothing.

So we got Ted's letter. I'd like to know about his so-called wife. Oh, yeah, everything he ever said was a lie. Yeah, right. Why is a 90 year old man reading it to his 50 plus daughter? Seriously? Hope can pull up her big girl Pampered Princess Pampers and read it herself. And wax on about loving again..... you've had your fair share, cupcake.

What kind of special permission does Ben Weston have for carrying a gun?

I do hope Stefano isn't alive again - they'd have to use a Nicole type mask for him at this point. Keep him dead, keep the guilt portrait up, whatever.

Sarah Horton, be glad to be free of the pious Eric.  He is holey all right, and not very spirited.

Great, now Gabi knows that Julie really did have a heart attack. And Stefan must be wondering why all these folks who died really didn't. Why did a lot of Salemites have to pay for a very expensive funeral and monument for nothing?

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 5

Were put Julie or Doug in a hospital bed in the last year near death? They sure don’t like old people on Days. That said, Bill Hayes is amazing at 94 years of age.

A funny coincidence Bill & Susan were on a rerun of Password tonight. I believe it was from 1979. They looked great except Doug’s shirt was way busy cowboy plaid with a knotted handkerchief. It was so 70’s. They were so young as we all were at one time. I myself was 15 and was probably watching it. 

784E6797-E5E1-4763-8384-EF8D055846F9.jpeg

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

If the show's going to dredge up Stefano it'll be for the big finish. I don't think they'd waste that card now. Can't play it twice.

I’m hoping they don’t play that card at all. For me, there is no Stefano without Joseph Mascolo and I’d not trust that any story would adequately honor him.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, boes said:

As good as yesterday was, that's how lackluster today's Show felt.

Julie wakes up and manages to squeek out, as her first words, "She left me to die.........", before lapsing back into blessed silence.  Not, "Kayla, what happened to me?", not, "Where's Doug?", not "Ben Weston was undressing me with his eyes", nope, she goes RIGHT to the accusation.  It's not true, but the last thing Julie values, besides tact and taste is truth.  I hope Gabi has some sort of "Tar Be Gone" lotion, because Salem is gonna tar and feather her for not believing the human Titanic was really sinking.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Julie seriously thought that Ben was trying to be fresh--lord knows she has a high enough opinion of herself--and I do wonder if the writers truly think the viewers will be upset if something were to happen to Julie--they are completely over-estimating Miss Julie's appeal.

I do enjoy watching Gabi/Stefan and I loved her reaction to hearing that Vivian was alive and Stefan's pained wince kind of made my day.  The only improvement to the episode I would have made?   Kristen's gun-wielding goon should have pistol whipped Eric--his trying to be tough was laughable.

• Love 5

I think Julie’s story is a set up to get a Gabi/Ciara feud going. 

Not a big Ciara fan but thought she was very good at the hospital.  Although I kept wondering what they did with all that Chinese food.  Bens cookie had the longest fortune ever. 

Has Hope always been so weird ?    

• LOL 2

I have never understood how the mayor/DA/police department power structure works in Salem.

I like this actor who plays the thug.  He's living this role.

Shut it, Lani.

"Do you have to be unpleasant?" Sorry, Vivian, that's Eric's default personality.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, MerBearStare said:

Vivian was a delight this episode. "It's Salem; you have to make your own fun." "Remind me not to save your life because you get really petulant." 😂🤣😂

I love her so much already! 

3 hours ago, rcc said:

I am no Lani fan but I thought her talk with Gabi was pretty good. She brought it for once.

SS is at her best when she's being bitchy lol.

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I like this actor who plays the thug.  He's living this role.

He seemed like he was having such a blast. That combined with Vivian's great lines made those scenes so fun to watch.

• Love 8

Glad that some of you enjoyed the gun-toting thug.  I was disappointed they actually spent some money on a guy who looked so awkward holding a guy, and I didn't care for his line delivery.  But it's so nice so see Dorian again after all these years.  It's too bad there aren't any characters named Viki that she could interact with.  

I enjoy Susan Seaforth Hayes for what she does but I'm curious why they decided to center so much drama over the health crisis of a character who's usually a rather nasty human being.  And to rely on this specific group of actors to bring life to a storyline we see once every 3-4 months.  

ETA: Does anyone know why they included that line from A Streetcar Named Desire?  It seemed so random and pointless but maybe it was a reference to something from Vivian's past?  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, rcc said:

I am no Lani fan but I thought her talk with Gabi was pretty good. She brought it for once.

I might actually be interested in a Gabi/Lani feud where neither is bad (I like Gabi) nor nice (I’ve never been fond of Lani), but where it’s two gray characters where your support for and animus towards pivots between the characters. Maybe Lani uses this incident and people’s negative perception of Gabi in her schemes. This could be used to free Eli of the albatross that is Lani because they do not work as a couple.

Overall, I thought today’s episode was solid. I didn’t feel the need to ff through anything. I especially appreciated the acknowledgement that at her age, Julie would not be placed on the transplant list.

Given Bill and Susan’s advanced ages and real life status, I wonder if scenes like today’s are especially hard to play.

• Love 9

Lani, Julie had a part in this too. Yes you can tell Gabi off but she too has suffered at the hands of Abigail, Julie, etc.

The poor thug.

I see that Ben is being made in to a bit of a hero - again. At least the show went to the place where Julie is too old for a heart transplant.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

But it's so nice so see Dorian again after all these years.

Yep. I thought that when she first appeared but today's little bit of French just solidified it.  It might not be Vivian but hell, I'll take her.

Lani did not work for me today at all.  All she had to do is acknowledge that Julie has faked this in the past but then point out Gabi was wrong to not make sure.  What's the worst that could happen if she called the police?  Expose Julie as a fraud? 

But she didn't do that.  She ridiculously made it sound like a natural occurring event (like a heart attack) could be laid at Gabi's feet.  And now that Julie is stable, no, if she died, it would not be Gabi's fault. She was talking as if it were cold blooded murdered which---puhleez.

Another issue could be that it felt out of place.  I have never felt like Lani had an especially close connection with Julie.  I know she's marrying her grandson but am I missing some other big bond?  Maybe had it been Hope or someone with a legitimate heart wrenching bond with Julie, it would have worked better.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, MerBearStare said:

Vivian was a delight this episode. "It's Salem; you have to make your own fun." "Remind me not to save your life because you get really petulant." 😂🤣😂

I too am not quite feeling Robin as Vivian yet.  All I see is Dorian Lord in a very bad wig.  However, I loved her lines today to Eric.  I also enjoyed Eric getting annoyed with her and telling her to shut up.  Good stuff.  

• Love 3

Lani’s wig should be considered a federal crime.  

I hope Julie doesn’t die in this town where no one actually dies. And if they do they return.  

Julie’s first words after near death were to rat out Gabi. How Abigailian of her. 

Bill Hayes is so affable and did a great job this week. 

Eli and Eric looked attractive this episode. 

I liked that henchmen. “You look like you need money?” “I’m doing research for my novel.” or some shit was cute and he looked like a younger blonder version of Murray from Stranger Things or some record store employee. Still not buying how or why so many are scared of Kristen or believe she has any poweres since she was super ineffectual and socially isolated and emotionally vulnerable and physically frail. I probably missed or tuned out why she’s omniscient and the blunders and faults are irrelevant. 

Something weird or off about Stabi I can’t put my finger on. Although Cin is supposed to be this chemistry factory and love match for the ages and I can’t see or feel it either so maybe my radar is off? 💁🏻‍♀️

I don’t give a F about Bond villain Dr Rolf but if he had the ability to bring people back from the dead he’d be the worlds biggest billionaire and a Nobel Prize winner or be a private ally of heads of state and tycoons and be like fuck you to the DiMera family he would be richer and more powerful than them. Not to mention the mask technology deep fake shit. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Lani did not work for me today at all.  All she had to do is acknowledge that Julie has faked this in the past but then point out Gabi was wrong to not make sure.  What's the worst that could happen if she called the police?  Expose Julie as a fraud? 

But she didn't do that.  She ridiculously made it sound like a natural occurring event (like a heart attack) could be laid at Gabi's feet.  And now that Julie is stable, no, if she died, it would not be Gabi's fault. She was talking as if it were cold blooded murdered which---puhleez.

Another issue could be that it felt out of place.  I have never felt like Lani had an especially close connection with Julie.  I know she's marrying her grandson but am I missing some other big bond?  Maybe had it been Hope or someone with a legitimate heart wrenching bond with Julie, it would have worked better.

Yeh, Lani really bugged me today too. Her viewpoint was irrational, which I would understand from one of Julie’s family members given they’d be dealing with shock and grief, but not from Lani, who has never been shown to have any kind of special relationship with Julie. It felt like Lani just wanting to be high and mighty with Gabi - which really bugs given she was the one who slept with both of Gabi’s boyfriends. I did like Stefan supporting Gabi though her. 

Obviously the Horton moral superiority genes are super powerful - you only need to be engaged into the family for them to take effect. 🙄

Edited by BoldDays
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

2 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

I might actually be interested in a Gabi/Lani feud where neither is bad (I like Gabi) nor nice (I’ve never been fond of Lani), but where it’s two gray characters where your support for and animus towards pivots between the characters. Maybe Lani uses this incident and people’s negative perception of Gabi in her schemes. This could be used to free Eli of the albatross that is Lani because they do not work as a couple.

6 minutes ago, BoldDays said:

Yeh, Lani really bugged me today too. Her viewpoint was irrational, which I would understand from one of Julie’s family members given they’d be dealing with shock and grief, but not from Lani, who has never been shown to have any kind of special relationship with. It felt like Lani just wanting to be high and mighty with Gabi - which really bugs given she was the one who slept with both of Gabi’s boyfriends. I did like Stefan supporting Gabo though her. 

Obviously the Horton moral superiority genes are super powerful - you only need to be they engaged into the family for them to take effect. 

Yes, I always thought the Lani character was basically boring but today I decided I officially hate her.  Her moral superiority was WAY too over the top for me - especially since they just acknowledged that Julie has basically been a bitch to Gabi.  As Stefan pointed out - Julie has done the exact same thing before and for Lani to decide that Gabi wasn't sufficiently remorseful for not taking Julie seriously was just so uncalled for - especially with the overly dramatic almost re-enactment of the heart attack.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9