Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I just mean that Brady takes after Victor in the calling people whores department. He tried to slap Eve in the face on her first night at the Kiriakis mansion. While she was in bed. That was kind of the breaking point for me with Brady. Bad optics.

Sure Theresa did terrible stuff....but she turned her life around...and then Brady got into the stupid legal fight with her so he could take their child and raise it with her sister. Ouch. If he was any kind of a good guy, he wouldn't have done that. If you're a good person, you do what's right even if someone else is trying to do what's wrong.

I don't get how anyone involved with this guy once would come back for round two. And I have absolutely no clue how he qualifies as a businessman. The show should have really developed his career a little bit better. At least back in the eighties and nineties we saw that Kate was a capable businesswoman, so now they can just pay lip service to that and we can believe it. Have we ever seen Brady at a boardroom meeting?

I agree that Paul Telfer struggled a bit today to find the right tone for Xander's mea culpa. It was nice to hear Eric bring up Greece though. I keep forgetting that Xander shot Brady and kidnapped Nicole and Holly for Deimos.

It took everybody forever to realize that Kristen and Xander were saying Holly was still alive. The stalling really annoyed me.

Stacy's Kristen is just so pathetic. Not her fault of course. It's Ron's writing. All the slobbering over Brady as he openly hates her is so sad. There's no good way for the actress to sell that. Brady can have sex with a million other people if he needs to to get over Kristen. She really doesn't have any power over him anymore.

I really liked seeing Will liking Susan. What she did to him in Memphis was messed up, but she's a good person. I ship them as a faux momma/son dynamic. Maybe one day we'll get to see Will with her and Rodger hanging out. That would be cool.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Sure Theresa did terrible stuff....but she turned her life around...and then Brady got into the stupid legal fight with her so he could take their child and raise it with her sister. Ouch. If he was any kind of a good guy, he wouldn't have done that. If you're a good person, you do what's right even if someone else is trying to do what's wrong.

Well he only got into a legal fight with her because when he wouldn't take her back  and chose to stay with Eve she threatened to sue for sole custody even though he was willing to share custody of Tate with her. That wasn't good enough though because they wouldn't be together even tried to guilt Eve into giving up Brady to make it happen. She did it out of spite because Brady didn't want her anymore.  

It seems ok for Theresa to do all these crappy things and people should take it but Brady standing up for himself here was wrong? I don't agree. Yes Brady can be terrible but so are these women too. Its like men should be doormats to certain women on this show....

• Love 2

Random people should not be dispensing liquor at Chloe's restaurant/bar. If an inspector came in, it could lose its liquor license.

Xander had some good lines today - his sleazy way of getting out of things was a gift. I laughed at that. I don't know if he works as a good guy. Yes, he may want to be good for a short while to charm Sarah Horton, but seriously?

It sure took a long time to admit that Holly and Nicole are magically still alive. Guess no one has bothered to mention that Stefan and Gabi are locked away in the wine cellar.

Brady seems to spend more time with various women than running a business. Does he have an MBA? Any actual job skills?

Liked Susan and Will and Sonny. Nice to see a friendly and kind dynamic with all of them. Will has Sami and also funny Susan - loyal to the core with her Roger.

Tony, you are guilty. Maybe it was an accident, but there will still be some repercussion for you.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well he only got into a legal fight with her because when he wouldn't take her back  and chose to stay with Eve she threatened to sue for sole custody even though he was willing to share custody of Tate with her. That wasn't good enough though because they wouldn't be together even tried to guilt Eve into giving up Brady to make it happen. She did it out of spite because Brady didn't want her anymore.  

It seems ok for Theresa to do all these crappy things and people should take it but Brady standing up for himself here was wrong? I don't agree. Yes Brady can be terrible but so are these women too. Its like men should be doormats to certain women on this show....

I knew someone would bring this up LOL. I can't defend Theresa threatening to take Tate away in order to force Brady to dump her sister, because that's pretty crappy. But to me, what's far crappier is finding out that your sister was a virtual sex slave at the mercy of a drug lord for about a year, and went voluntarily to protect her young child and husband from getting murdered...and not gracefully bowing out of the situation. Eva's a lovely woman physically and was able to manage to meet and marry Deimos in the span of what, a weekend? She could have gone out and found herself another man.

Remember she was there dressing Theresa for her long-awaited wedding to Brady a little more than a year beforehand. And before that, Eve was there watching Theresa try and land the guy through any means necessary, and rooting for her to succeed. For it to have been acceptable for Eve to stay with Brady after Theresa came back from Mexico, their love would have had to been stronger and more compelling then what existed between Theresa and Brady. It wasn't. I don't believe she was madly in love with Brady for a second. I don't believe that their relationship was built to last. They spent most of their courtship lying to each other anyways! So I think Eve is a real piece of crap for clinging to Brady and trying to scheme to get Tate away from Theresa...

...and Brady? He's even worse. Nobody forced him to drink and booze it up with Theresa for as long as he did. He enjoyed it and did it willingly. And after Theresa's wrongdoings against his father were revealed, there was no one putting a gun to his head to force him to get back with her. He slept with her willingly, and then during the 50th anniversary got back into bed with her again. He supported her during her revitalization of Basic Black once she showed she was serious about starting a new life and turning over a new leaf. As far as they were concerned, they were married to each other in the Kiriakis bedroom during the "siege" storyline. She was his wife, and she threw her entire life away to protect him and their son. How that wouldn't move Brady to the point of putting his relationship with Eve on hold, I just don't understand.

See, this is where writing plots instead of characters always leads to trouble. I get completely that the writers were trying to create drama between the two sisters by writing in the custody battle. But as a character, Brady just doesn't hold up upon closer examination. The only thing I can say about him is that whichever woman gets him most excited in bed is the one he follows. So much for integrity.

But then, as many here have pointed out, it made very little sense that Theresa would be so enamoured with Brady and his wealth, since they had formerly believed themselves to be related...and Theresa's father is loaded!

...so....none of this show makes any real sense! LOL But my heart goes out to Theresa because Brady's always singing the same tune with whichever woman he happens to be either calling a whore or claiming to love. Or both. At least she's been consistent in only wanting him.

Though I hope she never reunites with him in the future.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, tribeca said:

Xander and Eric were once good friends but both actors play their parts like the have no history together. 

Wait, what?  When was this?  Were they children?

36 minutes ago, oceanblue said:

I'm so over the shock at Tony marrying his sister.  They were married during the 90's and it was a non -issue then.  They aren't related by blood and weren't raised together.  

This is also news to me!  Tony married Kristen before?  😲

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, bannana said:

Tony married Kristen before?

Yes, in the '90s. But Kristen did so sort of reluctantly, if I recall. (She was still "good" then and had feelings for John, etc.). Her brother Peter stood up for Tony and Jenn (who was friends with Kristen back then and dating and/or married [forget when they did marry] to Peter), was her maid/matron of honor.

• Useful 1

It was her entrance story. She had been with Tony before coming to Salem, but the wedding turned into a shootout.

First, they established her as a social worker who began to like John, then they revealed her to be Stefano's adopted daughter as a complication, and then Tony coming into play served as another obstacle for her and John to overcome.

It was when Tony (really Andre, the whole time, according to subsequent retcons) faked his own death to get John arrested for murder and sent to the electric chair (or hung?) that John's true feelings for Marlena surfaced and after John survived, Kristen began her epic fight to keep Doc from knowing how John felt and stealing him back. 

Edited by DisneyBoy
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I knew someone would bring this up LOL. I can't defend Theresa threatening to take Tate away in order to force Brady to dump her sister, because that's pretty crappy. But to me, what's far crappier is finding out that your sister was a virtual sex slave at the mercy of a drug lord for about a year, and went voluntarily to protect her young child and husband from getting murdered...and not gracefully bowing out of the situation. Eva's a lovely woman physically and was able to manage to meet and marry Deimos in the span of what, a weekend? She could have gone out and found herself another man.

Remember she was there dressing Theresa for her long-awaited wedding to Brady a little more than a year beforehand. And before that, Eve was there watching Theresa try and land the guy through any means necessary, and rooting for her to succeed. For it to have been acceptable for Eve to stay with Brady after Theresa came back from Mexico, their love would have had to been stronger and more compelling then what existed between Theresa and Brady. It wasn't. I don't believe she was madly in love with Brady for a second. I don't believe that their relationship was built to last. They spent most of their courtship lying to each other anyways! So I think Eve is a real piece of crap for clinging to Brady and trying to scheme to get Tate away from Theresa...

...and Brady? He's even worse. Nobody forced him to drink and booze it up with Theresa for as long as he did. He enjoyed it and did it willingly. And after Theresa's wrongdoings against his father were revealed, there was no one putting a gun to his head to force him to get back with her. He slept with her willingly, and then during the 50th anniversary got back into bed with her again. He supported her during her revitalization of Basic Black once she showed she was serious about starting a new life and turning over a new leaf. As far as they were concerned, they were married to each other in the Kiriakis bedroom during the "siege" storyline. She was his wife, and she threw her entire life away to protect him and their son. How that wouldn't move Brady to the point of putting his relationship with Eve on hold, I just don't understand.

See, this is where writing plots instead of characters always leads to trouble. I get completely that the writers were trying to create drama between the two sisters by writing in the custody battle. But as a character, Brady just doesn't hold up upon closer examination. The only thing I can say about him is that whichever woman gets him most excited in bed is the one he follows. So much for integrity.

But then, as many here have pointed out, it made very little sense that Theresa would be so enamoured with Brady and his wealth, since they had formerly believed themselves to be related...and Theresa's father is loaded!

...so....none of this show makes any real sense! LOL But my heart goes out to Theresa because Brady's always singing the same tune with whichever woman he happens to be either calling a whore or claiming to love. Or both. At least she's been consistent in only wanting him.

Though I hope she never reunites with him in the future.

While Theresa's exit at the time was one of the more crappier plot lines because I don't buy that Shane would let his daughter be a sex slave its not as if Theresa told anyone Brady thought that Theresa got back into drugs and didn't want to be a wife and mother so he moved on with his life. Granted it was with her sister but its not as if Brady knew she did this the entire time. Theresa was dumb enough to think Brady would wait for her I mean you would think she would know this is Brady after all. The same dude that forgot all about Melanie rather easily when he got with Theresa not real sympathetic to her when the shoe is on the other foot.

Theresa wouldn't have stepped aside for Eve if the roles were reverse not sure why Eve would do the same. Plus she shouldn't be surprised Eve has a tendency to go after men of her relatives...

3 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yes, in the '90s. But Kristen did so sort of reluctantly, if I recall. (She was still "good" then and had feelings for John, etc.). Her brother Peter stood up for Tony and Jenn (who was friends with Kristen back then and dating and/or married [forget when they did marry] to Peter), was her maid/matron of honor.

Jennifer/Peter got married in Dec 1995. They were dating at the time Kristen/Tony wed.

Another good episode!

I pretty much find Susan more tedious than funny at the best of times, but both yesterday and especially today, I enjoyed her.  She and Will and Sonny made quite the drinking buddies, even if Susan did all the drinking.  I'm glad she took off back to Roger, though, before Show went over the legal Susan limit.

I think Brady and Kristen are made for each other, since they're both knuckleheads with a well-developed tendency to bully, threaten and obsess over the people they supposedly "love".  Maybe this time, if they get back together, instead of stealing somebody's embryo, Kristen can just sit on an egg and hatch it.  I bet Dr. Rolf has a baby recipe for the over-the-hill gang scribbled somewhere in the margins of his notebook.

Maggie looked great today, didn't she?  Xander, you being all meek and mild and penitent isn't a good look on you, though it might be better if you played it shirtless.  

I'm just dipping my toe into the Theresa waters, not interested in a long swim,  but my two cents? - she's worth 20 of Brady, and that's on her worst day.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I could be wrong but I thought Brady was the one who first went for sole custody (egged on by Eve).  Theresa was willing at first after she realized they could no longer be together but then countersued when Brady sued her.  He only decided to try and work things out after they were already in court (and he was sort of getting his ass handed to him.)  The planting of drugs in JJ's apartment was what pushed to whole thing over the edge.

• Love 4

Brady used to jerk Theresa around by her arm and yell at her menacingly while towering over her in confrontations. 😖 Of course this was in the days of Abby casually slapping people without any consequences and show culture of practically every woman being called either a slut or bitch. 

I don’t know if it’s an acting choice or coincidence but Maggie and Sarah’s voices when they’re upset or yelling sound remarkably alike. 

Will and Sonny looked and acted cute today. It’s been weeks without them having an interloper or medical crisis, perhaps a new record. 

I suppose Kristen and Xander want cookies and ass pats for Holly being with Nicole and them being alive; but Nicole and her are still forced into hiding or captivity or whatever and all their loved ones had to suffer the anguish thinking they were dead. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Brady used to jerk Theresa around by her arm and yell at her menacingly while towering over her in confrontations. 😖 Of course this was in the days of Abby casually slapping people without any consequences and show culture of practically every woman being called either a slut or bitch. 

Will and Sonny looked and acted cute today. It’s been weeks without them having an interloper or medical crisis, perhaps a new record. 

Yes, especially given their size difference Brady always seemed really menacing to me - like he could snap at any minute.  He also had no problem acting like a 3 year old throwing a tantrum to get what he wanted.  I'm still pissed over "I'm on the Board" (of the hospital)  to make Theresa do REALLY important things like give Melanie a new ID Badge because she didn't think her picture was cute enough.  THIS is what a Board of Directors does people!

I really liked Will and Sonny in Hardy Boys mode where they were figuring out the whole mystery and putting the pieces together.  I hope this is the direction they take them, rather than them just sitting around talking about how much they adore each other - or some new medical crisis or interloper.

• Love 8

I'd rather we see them RAISE THEIR DAUGHTER.

I realize soap parents get a pass on parenting all the time but hey...Gabi's losing her head over a DiMera and getting locked up for days, so maybe the two Dads need to intervene and help poor Ari not grow up to be mentally scarred.

I loved Anna showing up out of nowhere to give Gabi and Stefan water bottles. It's probably going to blow up in her face but it was really cute.

It's starting to become a tired joke how often these insane criminals get immunity. After all these years of crimes, no intelligent DA would ever give Kristen full immunity for everything she's done. True, right now she's only facing prosecution for everything she did since Marlena and John's wedding but still it's a long list: kidnapping Sami and drugging her for weeks, waving a gun around in a crowded area, taking Claire hostage, trying to shoot Sami in the hotel room, inadvertently causing Paul's crippling accident, doing crazy illegal things at the factory, faking her death, impersonating Nicole by signing legal documents and a marriage license as Nicole, hiring Xander and Ted to do her dirty work, faking the death of Holly, locking up Ted and Kate, threatening to kill Kate's kids, threatening to kill Hope, threatening to kill Anna, locking up Stefan and Gabi, tying up Susan, waving a gun around at the anniversary party and nearly shooting Marlena.

If she gets immunity for all of that my head might explode!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 13

Funniest scene of the day, Anna showing up at the Tunnel Door & surprising Gaby&Stefan and then throwing the water bottles at them & then running away 🙂 I also liked the way Stefan smiled at Gaby after she admitted her real feelings...Brandon Barash has a way of making Stefan seem 'nice" in a way TC never did. 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I loved Anna showing up out of nowhere to give Gabi and Stefan water bottles. It's probably going to blow up in her face but it was really cute.

I actually thought Anna was horribly cold-blooded in regards to wanting to trade Gabi and Stefan's lives for Tony's freedom.  Like Tony said, he had no idea what kind of shape Kristen left Gabi and Stefan in and lets just say they were half-dead when Anna went to check on them, would she have helped?  I'm not sure she would have because it wouldn't have benefited her and Tony.

I did like Will and Sonny figuring out that Gabi might be in trouble and good for Tony for doing the right thing and telling them where to find Gabi and Stefan--hopefully the DA will take that into consideration. 

And lastly, I do like Gabi and Stefan realizing that they love each other--I think they have a believable passion and I'm rooting for them to have some measure of happiness or however long the writers will let them 🙂

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I actually thought Anna was horribly cold-blooded in regards to wanting to trade Gabi and Stefan's lives for Tony's freedom.  Like Tony said, he had no idea what kind of shape Kristen left Gabi and Stefan in and lets just say they were half-dead when Anna went to check on them, would she have helped?  I'm not sure she would have because it wouldn't have benefited her and Tony.

I did like Will and Sonny figuring out that Gabi might be in trouble and good for Tony for doing the right thing and telling them where to find Gabi and Stefan--hopefully the DA will take that into consideration. 

And lastly, I do like Gabi and Stefan realizing that they love each other--I think they have a believable passion and I'm rooting for them to have some measure of happiness or however long the writers will let them 🙂

Call me cold hearted but I actually thought it was a great idea of Anna's.  I think if Anna opened the door and saw that Stabi were in trouble she would of helped but once she saw they were ok, the greater good was for Tony to use that information and Stabi still would of been let out. Anna is opportunistic but she isn't evil.  She may not like Stefan on principle but she has no real vendetta against him and she certainly has nothing against Gabi.

I will say that I appreciated the ending of Tony giving up the information, I think it will go a long way to help remind people of the "old" Tony, and that he isn't Andre. 

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

"Well, she may have been tied to a chair or something ..."

Did Anna just say something to Tony about "our son"?

No

• Love 3
On 8/25/2019 at 7:11 AM, BoldDays said:

I also thought she looked beautiful and I loved the green but was anyone else distracted by her mis matched earrings? Is that a thing now? 

I totally was, but I never noticed her mis-matched shoes a while back so I was proud to have spotted the earrings. 😁

• Love 3

Mis-matched earrings have been a thing for a while.  I started doing it years ago, because I kept losing earrings, so I matched up "new" pairs.

Didn't know about mis-matched shoes though!

• Love 4
20 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I could be wrong but I thought Brady was the one who first went for sole custody (egged on by Eve).  Theresa was willing at first after she realized they could no longer be together but then countersued when Brady sued her.  He only decided to try and work things out after they were already in court (and he was sort of getting his ass handed to him.)  The planting of drugs in JJ's apartment was what pushed to whole thing over the edge.

Brady didn't want Theresa around Tate at first because he thought she abandoned them but was willing to let her visit Tate though . It was only when Theresa realized that Brady wasn't going to leave Eve for her she got spiteful and sued for sole custody. Also didn't help that around the time Chloe told Brady that Theresa told El Fideo John/Paul were after him and almost got killed in the process.

Planting drugs in JJ's apartment was after Theresa/Brady  were about to come to an understanding but at the time Eve didn't realize that and it was too late to stop the plan. Outside of sacrificing herself for Brady/Tate nothing Theresa has done has made me sympathetic to her.

I think Stefan/Gabi have heat and passion but there's something forced about them that I can't put my finger on it. Probably because we're told they're in love but I see no real love between them. If they just embraced being two people who are madly in lust and not much else they work but making them deeper than the surface level writing they've been given only goes so far(to me at least).

Isn't a velvet suit a bit warm for August? The Kiriakis mansion having amazing air conditioning notwithstanding.

Not sure that Xander does good guy well. He is well-meaning and probably would like to experience what being a good, decent human being is like. There is a good dynamic between him and Maggie. Maybe she can see past the biceps. He certainly lit up when Brady told him and Eric that Nicole and Holly are alive. The cogs are turning - if Nicole and Eric get back together, than maybe he has a chance with Sarah Horton.

Anna reacted to Stefan and Gabi the way she would. They seemed okay and she looked after her own (and Tony's) interest - get some sort of deal. The Salem PD or DA's office needs a wheel with deals for the diabolical to spin for immunity, half-immunity, new digs at the Salem Jail.

I too liked Stefan's smile when Gabi admitted her feelings for him. It made him seem human. Good for Will and Sonny to ride to the rescue.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

What's with this stock line everyone uses about Stefan, calling him the "Bastard son of Vivian Allemain", as if there's some sort of stain that Stefano and Vivian weren't married?

Stefano wasn't married to ANY of the mothers of his children, at least at the time of their conception and birth, none of them, so what's with them calling him a bastard as if his birth was any different than any of the rest of them?

Besides, calling someone a bastard because of the status of their parent's marriage, really???  Time to lay that chestnut to rest.

• Love 17
19 minutes ago, boes said:

What's with this stock line everyone uses about Stefan, calling him the "Bastard son of Vivian Allemain", as if there's some sort of stain that Stefano and Vivian weren't married?

Stefano wasn't married to ANY of the mothers of his children, at least at the time of their conception and birth, none of them, so what's with them calling him a bastard as if his birth was any different than any of the rest of them?

Besides, calling someone a bastard because of the status of their parent's marriage, really???  Time to lay that chestnut to rest.

Yep they're all bastards actually although I do agree that line is rather outdated in soaps but so are many things that soaps still use today.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, boes said:

Well Tony was born during Stefano and Daphne's marriage even though he isn't Stefano's. Peter and Kristen are adopted.

I agree with the point. Although I think the dig was more about Vivian and her "secret" child, and the fact that everyone hates Stefan. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yep they're all bastards actually although I do agree that line is rather outdated in soaps but so are many things that soaps still use today.

Like when Victor, whilst trying to show Maggie that he is actually a caring husband and remembers the struggle she is going through, blurts out to Shin that he hired a CEO who dresses like a hooker (or words to that effect).  And Maggie sighs, Oh Victor.  No question that Gabi's wardrobe is not CEO-like.  But Victor is always diminishing women, calling them sluts, etc.  Meanwhile he is a user and abuser of women.

• Love 8

Yes like Stefan being a bastard would be the worst of the stains against him, as though being born in legitimacy would somehow be a credit to him. Both his parents were lunatics and he’s crazy and ethically repugnant as well, a church wedding and traditional courtship wouldn’t negate that. 

Ugh Will and Sonny are being too cute acting and looking! 😩🤗

Eric’s anguished line about “I promised Nicole I’d take care of Holly” when he recieved the news she was alive while Sarah comforted him. He and Show does realize she is um, her aunt, so is probably as equally if not more invested than him in that girl’s status? 

Sarah and Maggie have good chemistry and some surface similarities.

it’s driving me nuts Xander’s neck doesn’t have a edge up. His hair is really messy I just want to grab my clippers and clean his edges when I see it and it’s been a problem for a while. 

Anna gives me crazy vibes. It’s her quavery voice. 

Tony probably could have avoided killing Ted or subdued and/or snuffed Kristen but show wants to pretend that doesn’t matter. I get high key Disney Channel show if it was rated PG 13 or R or Degrassi, but with adults, vibes when I watch. That’s not a compliment.

Why were Kate and Tony and Xander so scared of Kristen and her threats of henchmen killing them and their loved ones if we’ve seen she has none and she’s so ineffectual? 

• Love 7

Please Brady to not have feelings for Kristin.  

Stefan really does not respect Gabbi.  She fires Ben and he doesn’t support her see her point but instead smirks and looks like a love sick puppy.  He thought he was getting his CEO job back simply because Gabbi admitted having feelings.  For a minute there was going to be a power struggle.  Once again Dimera security was on the job and Kate just waltz in the house.  I can see why Stefan thinks Ben is so good at his job.  

Ciara you looked like an idiot defending Ben.  Ben try standing up for herself once in a while.  Most girlfriends don’t fight with your boss. 

Glad Marlena and John remembered their strawberries.   

• Love 4

How on earth are either DiMeara or Titan making a profit?  They BOTH have revolving doors on the CEO offices.  At Titan it's Brady and Sonny trading off every other week (there could have been others - I just can't be bothered to remember them).  At DiMeara it's whatever random person they can find with the right name.  No one with an ounce of brains would ever deal with either company because they could never build a relationship with them.  And, since no one ever actually goes to an office or does any work it really doesn't matter who it is - I'm just bored with the whole thing.  

Gee, do we think Eric is going to dump Sarah AGAIN?  Since I REALLY hate that whole "love of my life" trope, just once, I want two people to have the chance to reunite and realize that while they may have had something great before, they can't recreate it and would be fools to try.  They BOTH realize that they're better off with the happy memories rather than one person scheming to get the other back.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Gee, do we think Eric is going to dump Sarah AGAIN? 

To show my old age by quoting one fictional David Addison from Moonlighting: Do birds bird? Do bees bee? The thing that gets me is, Nicole has always, at heart, been a schemer. How long - assuming Nicole and Eric reunite - before Eric dumps her because she is basically herself and goes against his starchy moral code?

Twu Wuv, I just cannot buy. But whatever.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I like the Xander/Sarah dynamic but I wish someone else was writing it.

I think that goes for almost everyone here and for every character. But it seems most, if not all, of the great writers are either retired or dead.

• Love 7

Yep which is why chemistry really doesn't matter because what's the point if the writing is crap?

I mean look how quickly people lost interest in Cin now... The actors have chem but nothing else going for them storywise.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yep which is why chemistry really doesn't matter because what's the point if the writing is crap?

I mean look how quickly people lost interest in Cin now... The actors have chem but nothing else going for them storywise.

So the answer is not to even try? Seems self defeating. Because we have who we have and it's not changing.

• Love 5

Rex and Chloe has chemistry and a friendship that could have led to more but they trashed that 🖕🏽

Jen and Jack have chemistry but they aren’t highlighting their banter and slow build to a reconciliation at all. 

Will and Sonny have chemistry but they don’t know what to with them outside of an interloper or medical crisis. 

They don’t know what to do with Kayla or Hope who are beautiful, town pilars, and legacy leads. 

Marlena and John still have it but all they do is eat at restaurants and support others storylines. 

Cin, JJ and Haley, Eli and Lani, Sarah and Eeyoric could be break up for all I care. 

Why don’t they try Kayla with Abe or something? I like Abe. 

I like Xander. The actor makes me laugh. But not sure he and Sarah are a match. She’s pretty and smart but too uptight for him and she’s a little weird with her since day one devotion and singleminded propping of Eric, who wasn’t nearly as interested or invested in her happiness. Many times she’d be gushing over him and doting on him while he would be bitching about his problems or talking about his mental alter towards Nicole. Yes I can see why she places him on a pedestal 🙄 that’s so attractive, an angry depressed dude fixated on his own problems while raving about another (superior) woman. Xander could actually be good with Eve as they both are town misfits trying to get redemption. They’d snark the shit out of each other and she’d make him town the line. 

Kate has been suspiciously single far too long. It used to be every new guy in Salem would sleep with or date her. She’s still gorgeous. I wouldn’t mind seeing her and Roman together. I like Roman too. 

• Love 7

I get Gabi firing Ben for not protecting her, but seriously - unless the house has an expensive CCTV security system that shows the activity in every room, how would he know? Maybe someone should think of moving the wine cellar and locking up the armoire or whatever it is that gives access to the secret rooms and tunnels.  Make a new access to only the wine cellar and seal off the tunnels. And oh yeah, Kate probably still has the key to the house. Someone change the locks!

Not so fast Stefan in terms of getting your job back. Gabi is not really capable at this point of running a multi million dollar company that appears to do well given the shaky leadership. Maybe if she had 10 years business experience, an MBA, etc. A bit convenient that Kate is now going to run DiMera.

Victor, shame on you for faking being sick.

That poor wedding cake. They really ought to bring back the fruitcake. That would last years in the freezer.

Sarah, you want Eric because why? Hopefully he and Nicole will not reconnect and then maybe you stand a chance. You do bring a good side of Xander, but that is it. Choose yourself and spend a bit of time being single

• Love 4
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

So the answer is not to even try? Seems self defeating. Because we have who we have and it's not changing.

That's the problem its not changing.

Sure they could try but I don't see a difference if the writing/setup is terrible I don't think Bo/Hope, Steve/Kayla, etc would be as popular as they were with chemistry alone if they didn't have equally compelling stories and character development to go with it.  I mean you watch the current version but the most memorable part of the pairing happened when they had good storylines that made you care about them in the first place.

I think Ben/Ciara have chemistry but Ciara has no existence outside of Ben and Ben has been neutered from his SK persona what do they have going for them at this point storywise at this rate they're fading into irrelevancy if they aren't already there. No amount of chemistry is really going to change it if they have no direction or journey to follow.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Will and Sonny have chemistry but they don’t know what to with them outside of an interloper or medical crisis. 

I've really liked them the last few days when they've been bouncing ideas off each other and coming up with answers.  I get that soaps have to have love/sex scenes but I really like it when they have characters DOING something - not just lying in a hospital bed or making googly eyes at their partner.  I also wish they would have more friendships - even if they aren't deep bare your soul friendships.  The random interactions people have with Cloe while she's running the restaurant for example add a depth to the characters that you can't get concentrating ONLY on plot.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

To show my old age by quoting one fictional David Addison from Moonlighting: Do birds bird? Do bees bee? 

@WendyCR72 - a SB Mason/Julia reference the other day, and now one of my favourite DA Moonlighting quotes?!? I think I love you! 😂

@DaphneCat - I totally agree on there needing to be more friendships and random interactions. As left field as it was - and I liked that they mentioned they’re not exactly close - I enjoyed the Chloe/Sarah discussion the other day. It felt real, gave character insights, and managed to move the story along all in one go. I actually would be happy to see more of Chloe in that confidant role. Plus random scenes like that get characters into other orbits, and that just keeps things interesting.  

Edited by BoldDays
  • Love 6

Run, Sarah, run as fast as your little legs will carry you because, after about a day or so of tentative smiles, a less raspy voice, the disappearance of pouting and sullen stares, 

HE'S BACK!

giphy.gif

SAD ERIC is back.

I hope you enjoyed your roll in the hay with Salem's oldest Altar Boy because, now that he's heard that Nicole may be alive, that shop is closed for good, to reopen to select clientele only and honey, you are not on that list.

He WILL allow you to be a sounding board for his tears, his fears, his whining and crying and never fear, he'll turn to no-one other than you when he has a major attack of the poopy pants, but Sarah, you just got parked in the friend zone.

But feel okay about it because Eric is never happier than when he's miserable.

Damn, Brady, I don't know exactly what Kristen's got that you can't stay away from, but there has to be a shot for that.  

Now that the whine cellar is currently vacant, any reason Ciara can't get locked in it?

• LOL 16
  • Love 5

This was kind of a nice episode. I feel like lots of different storylines were being dealt with, and characters were getting the chance to express their feelings, so I typically like that kind of stuff.

Someone mark the calendar - we got to see Hope eat! More of this please! KA could gain 20 lb and still be underweight. Maybe that sounds like body shaming but I get kind of spooked when I see a woman over 60 with no muscle mass. You need muscles to make it through your golden years.

I'm really really going to miss Chloe. She looked amazing today in that dress. Her skin tone and hair are awesome as well. She's just gorgeous. And I like that they finally set her up with a full-time job to anchor her in the world of Salem.

I found it very distracting though how there was no mention made of how Chloe, a part-owner in the club, is going to up and leave without so much as a word to Julie. Julie is in her 80s! It's not like you can trust that she'll be able to handle everything on her own. It was especially weird considering the show took over a week to establish that Julie and Chloe were reluctant partners back when they first bought the place. Remember those fun scenes of them giving each other sideways glances during the auction to buy the place? I thought they would have made more of that now as Chloe exits...like how they let Theresa have scenes with JJ before she made her first exit, as a way of bringing her storyline full circle.

Lucas Adams is one of the show's biggest wasted opportunities. I'm sure he cost a lot less to keep on the cast than some of the veterans, as a newbie, and yet in spite of his dashing good looks and natural acting ability, they never bothered to develop a love interest for him...they just dumped him in the arms of weak pre-existing characters randomly. And what's worse, they didn't even put him in any action stories. He should have been part of Black Patch months ago, investigating cases and getting into fist fights and going undercover. This show could use a bit more action and he definitely seemed like he would be game. You only get fans rallying behind guys like Bo and John and Steve when you give them exciting stories to make them into leading men. What did Tripp get? Babysitting duty. No wonder the actor looked so happy to leave today.

It was great to see Melinda again. She's a bit of a bitch but I always side with her perspective. There's a million ways to investigate where Nicole and Holly might be and given that they've been missing for months, they're either already dead or in a rather stable situation. Giving Kristen any kind of immunity is a huge mistake.

I don't really give a crap what Ted wrote to Hope, and from the lack of emotion she's been displaying these last few days, I don't think she particularly cares either. She probably knows some other weird character will be along in a day or two to fall in love with her.

• Love 10

Trask has beautiful hair. That's all I saw when Eric was pleading his case. I hope I can like Eric again when he finds Nicole and Holly because the mopey Eric is boring as hell.

• Love 5
On 8/28/2019 at 8:34 AM, bannana said:

Like when Victor, whilst trying to show Maggie that he is actually a caring husband and remembers the struggle she is going through, blurts out to Shin that he hired a CEO who dresses like a hooker (or words to that effect).  And Maggie sighs, Oh Victor.  No question that Gabi's wardrobe is not CEO-like.  But Victor is always diminishing women, calling them sluts, etc.  Meanwhile he is a user and abuser of women.

I dont get why Maggie would even fall in love with a guy like Victor -a mobster and and a crime bosss.  

Victor is better off being paired with women like Kate.  He and Maggie are mismatched.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Lucas Adams is one of the show's biggest wasted opportunities. I'm sure he cost a lot less to keep on the cast than some of the veterans, as a newbie, and yet in spite of his dashing good looks and natural acting ability, they never bothered to develop a love interest for him...they just dumped him in the arms of weak pre-existing characters randomly. And what's worse, they didn't even put him in any action stories. He should have been part of Black Patch months ago, investigating cases and getting into fist fights and going undercover. This show could use a bit more action and he definitely seemed like he would be game. You only get fans rallying behind guys like Bo and John and Steve when you give them exciting stories to make them into leading men. What did Tripp get? Babysitting duty. No wonder the actor looked so happy to leave today.

He should have been cast as Steven Hawk ,son of Benjy Hawk and Stefano's grandson . 

Lucas does resemble Jim Lunsford ,who played adult Benjy . 

Plus Steven showing up in Salem would have made sense if he arrived to exact revenge on Andre DiMera ,the man who murdered Benjy . 

Steve could have been involved and tried to prevent Steven from becoming just like Andre. 

But Nope ,we had to get Steve/ Ava's contrieved love child. 

• Love 6

The DiMera siblings are safely behind bars?  Stefan?  Who else is Jack talking about?

I'm kinda glad that Trask is back to being her hateful self.  Some things don't change.

Um, Eric, mentioning that Kristen had Ted killed isn't a very good argument for letting her off.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Um, Eric, mentioning that Kristen had Ted killed isn't a very good argument for letting her off.

Technically, no. But she (well actually Tony) did kinda do a Salem and us viewers - a favor with that particular death 😉

Edited by BoldDays
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I saw a little of the Sarah/Xander stuff today and it struck me that, while I haven't liked some of the pairings/stories/writing for Sarah, I think Linsey Godfrey is great.  There was just something so soapy about the way she slapped Xander.

• Love 6

Trask looked really go

od today. Beautiful hair, good makeup, very chic. Happy too that she won't be having houseguests! In some way, she will make the time to make dumplings with her daughter, or maybe find a good dim sum place.

Bye, Tripp. Maybe you will make a good doctor and come back to Salem in a few years. The young actor had potential, but was pretty much wasted. He could have done so much more. Kayla was far too decent with you. Hope you remember that someday.

Bye, Chloe. You get probably a year's worth of work in New York or wherever. Will you be appointing someone to take care of your share of the restaurant?

Someone should send Brady my direction. I'd like to see what he has that all these women are all over him.

Sarah, your little life with Eric may be coming to a rather fast end, especially if Nicole is indeed alive and he finds her. But then again, will Nicole want him. Not many women would want sad Eric and judgy Eric for very long. You may be making him a Free to a Good Home sign or ad.

Show, do something with Jack. Not have him play every side of his mouth.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2