Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

DVR issues today. Only half the show recorded.

Kate looks good for being buried. Usually if I do gardening, my nails are black for a day or two.

Viv, you know how hard it is to kill people in Salem, don't you?

Am liking Sarah and Xander.

Eric, there still may be a little something between you and Sarah.

• Love 4

I should be hating Xander and Sarah. I really should. First of all Sarah annoys me to no end. Then, I hate when bad boys are neutered. Yet for some bizarre reason I felt hooked watching them today. Ugh. 

Edited by howmanywords
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

I also enjoyed the Sarah and Xander scenes. I’m not a fan of his “puppy dog eyes” but felt like there was less of that today and more good solid advice, which helped.

What I equally liked was that it put an end to the “will she or won’t she tell him” fake drama scenes with Eric. Seriously, if they had had a great love story whilst Nicole was “dead” I’d get it, but it was an excruciating long and boring build up to a couple of rolls in the hay on the rebound. It was bad enough when it happened, how long do we need to be tortured with the fallout from it? I’m hopeful that the focus becomes more Sarah and Xander than Sarah as the Ericole interloper, but I doubt it. Mainly because Eric’s “Nothing will ever come between us again” line means that Sarah and baby will be coming between them real quick. 🙄

Edited by BoldDays
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

All the over-the-top "Jennifer is love" crap made me feel like we were back in the days of Dr. Dan and that's NOT a place Show ever needs to go again.  I like Jack, but he was practically foaming-at-the-mouth about what a saint she is, and this is before he regains his memory.  J J was pretty bad, too.  Luckily, Jennifer Rose herself was pretty appropriate through it all but dial it back a notch or 10, Jack.

Way to be a buzzkill, Nicole.  I assume Eric has changed the sheets since he last sinned there with Sarah.  I was so hoping she'd tell Eric that she was saving herself for marriage - I would have loved seeing what poor Eyeore would have done with that.

How did Xander get through the entire episode fully clothed?

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

Well, I found myself strangely glued to Xander and Sarah today, too.  Not much else to say about them, lol, but they kept my interest, and I especially liked PT's self-deprecating humor. 

Eve's high dudgeon over Jennifer -- that dates back 30 years or more, come ON -- would be more effective for me if it was Charlotte Ross saying those things. I've come to accept KDP as a good actress and Eve for these times, but bringing up their history just reminds me of how much more I would like this whole Eve thing if CR was there. And no mention of Frankie who was the reason for their conflict in the first place. I thought Jack's propping up of Jennifer was appropriate in the moment - while Eve was trashing her -- and it was very Jackian for him to take issue with anyone saying otherwise. Jennifer was right about his stubborn streak. Gotta give it to KDP, though -- that fire in her eyes was something else. Woman needs help, lol. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Gotta give it to KDP, though -- that fire in her eyes was something else. Woman needs help, lol. 

With the right material, DePaiva can do great work. Sadly, the writers have almost no idea about what the right material might be, and seem to stumble into it occasionally by accident. (And, no, show, cutesy meetups for, oh, BleveVian* are NOT what I mean.)

Edited by Sandman
*because that's how much I don't care.
  • Love 6

Kassie really was on fire yesterday. I couldn't believe how committed she was to those scenes. She pulled me in. I really am a fan now. Not of Eve though. I hope to see her in something else.

Lover boy Xander just seemed kinda funny to me. Like Paul's face just makes me laugh a little when he's earnest and kind. It's like he's a little boy around his cute older babysitter Sarah who got dumped but doesn't want to discuss it with some misbehaving kid who should already be in bed by now.

NuViv is dark. Watching her squeeze those tubes was not cute.

• Love 9

Lol. Since when has Nicole developed standards? 

So now Nicole cares what bed she sleeps in? 

She has slept with every man in town and never cared. All of a sudden she is pure as snow give me a break .

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

Julie's over the top simpering during her scenes with Doug was as horrible as her screeching that Gabi stepped over her body and left her for dead.  So that's the truth now because Julie said it and look we even got a mention of the sainted Nick, how lovely that an abusive homophobe has been deified.

I loved how CB played her scenes today, first with Eli and Lani and then with Julie, Gabi genuinely has remorse over her actions and she wants to apologize but no one is giving her a chance to explain.

So Victor actually thinks Ciara is special and the future of Titan and level headed--we are still talking about the volatile bully who likes revisionist history almost as much as Abs and Julie, right?

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So Victor actually thinks Ciara is special and the future of Titan and level headed--we are still talking about the volatile bully who likes revisionist history almost as much as Abs and Julie, right?

OMG, please, show. Ciara at 10 may have been a good choice, lol, but this incarnation of the character? Not in a million years. 

• Love 8

Boring episode. We’ve seen Gabi and Julie argue and Ben and Ciara talk about how he’s changed that baby 100x. Nothing was advanced today except we know know Jordan’s back. 

Did Doug really take that long to get Julie juice and only returned with a Sunny D 😒

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Oh, Maggie, shut up, you know that you'll forgive Victor, no matter what he does. And then the discussion moves on to whether Ben is good enough for Ciara, not about Victor having tried to commit murder.

As Jordan's next of kin, shouldn't Ben be notified when she's let out of the hospital? Or Ciara, as one of her victims?

Shut it, Lani.

Oh, please, Doug, let Julie get out of bed.

Oh, come on, does Lani believe that Gabi left Julie to die on purpose?

Shut it, Julie.

• Love 8

Maggie: Doug didn't like Bo either when he started dating Hope.
Victor:  That's different, Bo was a good man.  Ben is evil.

I have to say that I agree with Victor.  Show, you can't be making those comparisons to the way things were because your serial killer is always going to come off poorly in comparison to a "wrong side of the tracks" story.

• Love 15

Yep, it’s a dumb comparison. Especially given that, as a Brady, Bo wasn’t even really “wrong side of the tracks”. Ben and Bo have brown hair and short names starting with “B”. And they have a thing for the “entitled Horton princess” type. That’s about it for the comparison. 

A better comparison would have been Victor himself. He was no SK - he had others do his dirty work - but he sure was an evil SOB back in the day. comparing his and Caroline’s relationship would have made more sense. That would require more nuanced writing though. So, yeh, na. 

Edited by BoldDays
  • Love 12
52 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I have to say that I agree with Victor.  Show, you can't be making those comparisons to the way things were because your serial killer is always going to come off poorly in comparison to a "wrong side of the tracks" story.

You would think the fact he strangled Will(and is only alive because of a technicality) and tried to kill Chad/Abby, also murdered JJ's ex GF etc would matter to Maggie but I guess because she's no longer married to a Horton this doesn't matter.

2 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

They should have kept Lauren Boles as Ciara, and let her age in real time.  That Ciara I would have believed could run Titan, or any other company she wanted to.

This is what I was hoping for its why Robin on GH and Carrie on Days are so memorable we watched them grow up. Course this was back when soaps had a heart and soul.

I think aging Claire/Ciara was a bad idea at least as drastically as they did.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, boes said:

All the over-the-top "Jennifer is love" crap made me feel like we were back in the days of Dr. Dan and that's NOT a place Show ever needs to go again.  I like Jack, but he was practically foaming-at-the-mouth about what a saint she is, and this is before he regains his memory.  J J was pretty bad, too.  Luckily, Jennifer Rose herself was pretty appropriate through it all but dial it back a notch or 10, Jack.

Way to be a buzzkill, Nicole.  I assume Eric has changed the sheets since he last sinned there with Sarah.  I was so hoping she'd tell Eric that she was saving herself for marriage - I would have loved seeing what poor Eyeore would have done with that.

How did Xander get through the entire episode fully clothed?

I'm not bothered by JJ thinking Jennifer is great I mean in recent years she's the one constant that has usually been by his side and vice versa it makes sense with him here.

Amnesiac Jack OTOH is just contrived at this point... J&J from a writing standpoint haven't gotten to that point or any point really.

• Love 3

LOL at Ciara's "After what she did to me," about Jordan. Bitch, your boyfriend murdered 3 people and you expect their families to get over it so shut the fuck up.

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

As Jordan's next of kin, shouldn't Ben be notified when she's let out of the hospital? Or Ciara, as one of her victims?

They didn't seem to notify Eve when Ben was let out so it's par for the course for Bayview or whatever it's called.

Honestly, I hope Jordan murders Ben and Ciara lol. CS looks like she had work done again. Her face is so messed up. 

Gabi/CB was great today. I'm already SO over everyone acting like Gabi tried to murder Julie though. 

I think I fast forwarded everything else.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'm not bothered by JJ thinking Jennifer is great I mean in recent years she's the one constant that has usually been by his side and vice versa it makes sense with him here.

Currently, yes, JJ and Jenn have supported each other, but it's been clear, IMO, that when Abigail is around, JJ runs a distant second in Jennifer's eyes.  His adulation of his mother seems like overkill to me, though his loathing of Eve makes perfect sense.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, boes said:

Currently, yes, JJ and Jenn have supported each other, but it's been clear, IMO, that when Abigail is around, JJ runs a distant second in Jennifer's eyes.  His adulation of his mother seems like overkill to me, though his loathing of Eve makes perfect sense.

Normally I would agree but I think even when Abby was around these past couple of years I find her more involved in JJ's life than Abby's. I think at this point in time JJ has surpassed Abby as Jennifer's favorite. Course it won't last but I sense more closeness with these two than Jennifer/Abby and a few years ago I wouldn't have said that...

• Love 4

I enjoyed Victor & Maggie's conversation today..."Margaret" lol.  They are 2 vets who made the scene...I always enjoy Suzanne Rogers, I liked how she tapped Bo's picture as she left the room.  She loves Victor but she is realistic about what kind of man he is.  

• Love 3

I'm glad Victor seems to be one of the few characters that has any real sense left when it comes to Ben and how he's nothing like Bo.

I actually don't mind Rafe/Hope as friends they should've just stayed that way. Kept Jordan for Rafe and Hope should've stuck with Aiden. Both characters would've been better off than what we were subjected to these past 4 years.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

While I agree with the statement, what Victor said carries no weight because his character didn’t even exist on the show back then.

Maggie’s comparison of her relationship with multiple murder, multiple arrested murderer Victor was more appropriate, and notice how Victor poo-pood that.

As someone who has watched off and on since the 70s. I have always been able to hold on to fond past memories of Julie and refrain from hating her. Well, those days are over. Julie is the absolute worst. She is a shrill, hateful, harpie, who is undeserving of the heart of some poor soul who decided to help mankind by donating his/her organs.

I did like Eli being willing to give Gabi the benefit of the doubt and standing up for her with Lani. Are we sure that Lani of the bad wigs isn’t Julie’s grandchild and Eli isn’t Abe’s son? Their personalities begs the question.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
Just now, Happytobehere said:

While I agree with the statement, what Victor said carries no weight because his character didn’t even exist on the show back then.

Maggie’s comparison of her relationship with multiple murder, multiple arrested murderer Victor was more appropriate, and notice how Victor poo-pood that.

Victor came onto the scene in 1985 he was around but mostly for the tail end of that. He didn't approve of Hope at first himself (course after Billie/Carly he realized Hope wasn't so bad in comparison).

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Victor came onto the scene in 1985 he was around but mostly for the tail end of that. He didn't approve of Hope at first himself (course after Billie/Carly he realized Hope wasn't so bad in comparison).

Yes, I know when Victor arrived on the scene. Heck, I remember when Beauregard Aurelius Brady was Marcus Aurelius Brady. My point was Victor made the statement as someone who had first-hand knowledge of all the Doug’s issues with Bo and what Bo might have done to be looked down on, and that was not the case. My focus was more on the writers once again reimagining the past to fit the scene they have scripted because they assume we the viewers either do not know or have forgotten what actually took place.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Julie and Lani can both shut up. Gabi has become Julie's personal punching bag for anything that happens to her. Um, maybe her heart issue is simply old age. Maybe Julie can go around being possessed by Nick at some point. Own that you have played tricks in the past, you have faked health issues. Ugh.

Victor, butt out of your granddaughter's life. No, Ben Weston is not your son Bo and never will be. Let Ciara and Ben run their course. Doubtful they will make it for the long haul. Maggie made some good points but he is in his own bubble.

Surely the media would have reported that Jordan has been released from Bayview. The actress playing her has had more work done to her face. Why?

Rafe and Hope had a nice friends moment today, which is what they should have stayed.

Don't Eli and Lani have um, jobs? Salem crime will take a break because they are at the hospital visiting Grandma?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Happytobehere said:

My point was Victor made the statement as someone who had first-hand knowledge of all the Doug’s issues with Bo and what Bo might have done to be looked down on, and that was not the case.

Maggie was the one who brought up Doug.   No Victor probably didn't have a first hand experience of Doug v Bo but I don't think it's reaching by the writers at all for him to make an absolute statement about it even without that first hand knowledge.  People do that all the time, especially when it comes to essentially defend someone they do care about (Bo in Victor's case) and their position (that Doug's issues with Bo were silly compared to his issues with Ben.) Maybe those issues weren't silly back then (although decidedly so in comparison to serial killing) but I can absolutely see Victor being the kind of guy to dismiss them.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So that's the truth now because Julie said it and look we even got a mention of the sainted Nick, how lovely that an abusive homophobe has been deified.

Nick was disgusting.  However, Julie saying that she would rise from the dead with Nick by her side and haunt Gabi for the rest of her life was hilarious.  She's dying and still has that fire.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

They should have kept Lauren Boles as Ciara, and let her age in real time.  That Ciara I would have believed could run Titan, or any other company she wanted to.

My thoughts exactly. She should have been ageing in real time and being developed slowly .

I would have loved to see Lauren become a lifer ,kinda like Christie Clark . 

Claire is another one who should have also been aged in real time since it is mathematically impossible for Belle and Shawn to have an adult daughter who is 21 since Belle and Shawn's year of birth was pushed to 1984.  Claire is stated to have been born in 1998 ,so that means Belle and Shawn were both 14 when Claire was born. 

In my view ,JJ's teen set was supposed to be the last time they SORAS any character . 

Im still surprised they were arrogant enough to SORAS Ciara and Claire even though JJ's teen set was such an epic flop even though it contained promising actresses such as Adriana Manfredi ,who played Roxanne and the actress who played Bev . 

JJ's teen set could have been exponentially improved and meant something  if they had actually brought in the likes of  Joy Wesley ,who born onscreen in 2002 plus JT Reiber and his younger half brother  ,All of whom were born in the same time period . Then they could have added Paige (who should have been Frankie Brady and Eve's daughter ),Steven Hawk (son of Benjy Hawk),the offsrings of Dr Marcus Hunter and perhaps the daughter of Eugene and Calliope Bradford  or even a son of Chris Kositchek. 

Theo could have been SORAS'd slightly so he wouldnt be that significantly older than Ciara .

Ciara,Claire ,Sydney ,Johnny,Alice-Caroline ,Parker ,Holly etc should have raised in real time . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Rafael said:

My thoughts exactly. She should have been ageing in real time and being developed slowly .

I would have loved to see Lauren become a lifer ,kinda like Christie Clark . 

Claire is another one who should have also been aged in real time since it is mathematically impossible for Belle and Shawn to have an adult daughter who is 21 since Belle and Shawn's year of birth was pushed to 1984.  Claire is stated to have been born in 1998 ,so that means Belle and Shawn were both 14 when Claire was born. 

In my view ,JJ's teen set was supposed to be the last time they SORAS any character . 

Im still surprised they were arrogant enough to SORAS Ciara and Claire even though JJ's teen set was such an epic flop even though it contained promising actresses such as Adriana Manfredi ,who played Roxanne and the actress who played Bev . 

JJ's teen set could have been exponentially improved and meant something  if they had actually brought in the likes of  Joy Wesley ,who born onscreen in 2002 plus JT Reiber and his younger half brother  ,All of whom were born in the same time period . Then they could have added Paige (who should have been Frankie Brady and Eve's daughter ),Steven Hawk (son of Benjy Hawk),the offsrings of Dr Marcus Hunter and perhaps the daughter of Eugene and Calliope Bradford  or even a son of Chris Kositchek. 

Theo could have been SORAS'd slightly so he wouldnt be that significantly older than Ciara .

Ciara,Claire ,Sydney ,Johnny,Alice-Caroline ,Parker ,Holly etc should have raised in real time . 

Roxanne was sadly a day player but she should've stuck around her or Allison Paige(Bev) especially if they were going to kill off Paige shortly after. The show ruined JJ's trajectory with the show and essentially him as a character in the process...

• Love 2
20 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Remember the blackmail of Sami ?

That could have been a foreshadowing of Ciara's future and her negotiations skills coming to the fore.

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 4

What a shitstorm today's show mostly was.  

Maggie sounded like an idiot defending Ben by bringing up Bo.  Riding a motorcycle and strangling people as a hobby aren't comparable.  If she'd been mad at Victor for strangling Ben in her living room and maybe ruining another rug with a dead body like Will and Sonny did, that I'd understand.  Saying that Ben had "changed", like he'd passed an anger management class or was taking yoga sure as hell isn't reassuring when his past exploits include BEING A SERIAL KILLER.  

Show is determined to make Ben happen.  I like RSW but Ben Weston, that won't be happening.

I dislike Ciara far more than Ben, though.  She's a mean, entitled ass.  Going off on Jordan when she's DATING A SERIAL KILLER is pretty rich.  It was sweet that Jordan chose that moment to appear.   While the writing for Ciara is really crappy. I think the actor, Victoria Konefal is also a big part of the reason Ciara comes off as so unpleasant.  She delivers her lines as if she's always sneering at everyone who disagrees with her about pretty much anything, just comes off nasty most of the time, at least to me.

Hey Julie, don't mind Doug, go on, get out of bed!  Look out the window, THERE'S a heart, just laying in the middle of the road, you run right down there now and go into traffic and get it.  Go on, you can do it!  Yell at the cars while you're at it, too, and whatever you do, DON'T pay any attention to traffic lights.  Go on, Julie, Nick's there, waiting for you!  Have Lani go with you but blindfold her first!

I hope that instead of a heart, they transplant a Jack in the Box into her big mouth.  

Edited by boes
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Bitch, your boyfriend murdered 3 people and you expect their families to get over it so shut the fuck up.

I read this with the voice of Samuel L Jackson (in my head). 

So very very true.  Ciara needs to not throw stones when she lives in a glass house. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, boes said:

I dislike Ciara far more than Ben, though.  She's a mean, entitled ass.  Going off on Jordan when she's DATING A SERIAL KILLER is pretty rich.  It was sweet that Jordan chose that moment to appear.   While the writing for Ciara is really crappy. I think the actor, Victoria Konefal is also a big part of the reason Ciara comes off as so unpleasant.  She delivers her lines as if she's always sneering at everyone who disagrees with her about pretty much anything, just comes off nasty most of the time, at least to me.

I usually find VK to be a pretty decent actor, but I definitely agree with you on the sneering. That could be dialed back a notch or 20. And the writing for Ciara is really crappy. I could not believe she said "Jordan? Who gives a damn what she thinks?" Seriously? That was unbelievably obnoxious, even for an entitled Horton princess. She's his MOTHER! Who gives a damn what YOU think? 

Edited by BoldDays
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

Anyone who annoys Ciara is a winner in my book, so GO JORDAN!!  Jordan was declared sane by the same standards that Ciara's dear sweet Neck Tie Killer boyfriend was but this time it's unfair and the doctors don't know what they're doing?  The hypocrisy is strong in this entitled Horton  princess and I think I'm going to enjoy Jordan's getting in Cin''s way and not bowing down to them.  Good times :)

So is Kristen in Salem for good?  Will she be getting a job anytime soon to pay for her hotel room?  I did like Brady and John having their father/son chat but it still kind of freaks me out that John just casually mentions that he was once in love with Kristen too--awkward much?

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

Holy Shit! Jordan had some PLASTIC surgery while she was in the mental hospital.

What a shame -- why do young and beautiful women think they need this crap? Or ANY woman, yikes. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
Add another thought without adding a new post.
  • Love 6

Just guessing but Jordan’s still crazy and about to fuck Ciara up. 

Hey here’s an idea after she tries to kill Ciara to “save” her why doesn’t she do the save to Ben’s other victim Abigail. Paris is just a short plane away. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Rafael said:

I agree.

15 hours ago, Rafael said:

Remember the blackmail of Sami ?

That could have been a foreshadowing of Ciara's future and her negotiations skills coming to the fore.

They had the perfect set up for Ciara to be the hellion, Allie to be the good girl, Sydney be somewhere in between, and Johnny slightly Dimera (never full on Dimera) and very protective of his sisters and cousin.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Just guessing but Jordan’s still crazy and about to fuck Ciara up. 

Hey here’s an idea after she tries to kill Ciara to “save” her why doesn’t she do the save to Ben’s other victim Abigail. Paris is just a short plane away. 

*Snort*

You guys. You bring me joy.

• Love 5

Yeh. She was awful. 

As a Bo fan, I agree that she is not the daughter I would have expected. To be fair though, he's been out of her life since 2012, except for a brief period of coming back to die. So even without SORASing, that's a big chunk of her formative years that he missed. And unfortunately during that time Hope was getting strangled by her new husband, killing wheelchair-bound mobsters, covering up the murder with her new boyfriend, spending time in jail, and then re-marrying and divorcing. So when you add that to Ciara's rape and her beloved father dying, I get she should be screwed up and possibly not the most stable character. The problem is, with all that history to mine, they have not done it. Instead they have gone with a fairly straightforward love story - albeit with a serial killer. What is as annoying is that I get the feeling the writers expect us to like Ciara regardless, presumably just because she is the child of supercouple (Abigail, anyone?) rather than play those beats that would explain why she can regularly be an obnoxious piece of work.

But there I go again, expecting nuanced writing...

Edited by BoldDays
  • Love 13
22 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

Heck, I remember when Beauregard Aurelius Brady was Marcus Aurelius Brady. My point was Victor made the statement as someone who had first-hand knowledge of all the Doug’s issues with Bo and what Bo might have done to be looked down on, and that was not the case

My knowledge of the show doesn't go back quite that far (Marcus Aurelius? Really? Was Caroline studying to be a Classics professor?), but I don't think this is too much of a reach; it's perfectly in character for Victor not to care that much about Doug's -- or anyone's --  opinion, and his knowledge of Bo's character is, I think, fairly comprehensive, in spite of the fact that his relationship with Bo (and his very existence, indeed) doesn't stretch back as far as Doug's. What does strike me as bizarre is Doug's making the comparison in the first place, implying that Ben's nature and Bo's would be in way comparable. 

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3