Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Liked both Maggie and Xander's reaction to the 'we're married' news.

I loved that. They were perfectly in sync.

9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

But I did love her delivery of "I guess so" when Jack asked if she had a minute to talk. Even when the writers forget, I just love what Matt and Mary Beth do in their scenes together.

I loved her, "I guess so," too. MBE does so much with the literal scraps they give her.

8 hours ago, boes said:

I watched long enough to see Kristen lose 20 pounds and two bust sizes when she pulled off the mask and that was it.

LOL right! The least they could do is buy two dresses so that SH has one that's tighter on her and then maybe it wouldn't be so obvious.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, MsTree said:

"Ted" is the ONLY reason I now watch Days with Closed Captions on😑

I can usually understand him. It's Kristin Alfonso who whispers half her lines and has been doing it for years, that drives me nuts. Speak UP!

On 6/24/2019 at 12:18 AM, ByaNose said:

Why was Eve freaked out by the key that Ben had and was trying to give her? I must have missed something.

Why was it a skeleton key?!!!!! WTF, what year is this? 

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:44 PM, Frozendiva said:

It'll just make Claire even more unhinged.

Oh, please -- what doesn't drive that girl around the bend? I wouldn't want to be behind her in line at the gelato stand. What if they ran out of her favourite (plain vanilla)?

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:14 AM, DaphneCat said:

She's acting like Rex is dying and she's granting him his last wish (while spiking his tea with a little arsenic to speed up the process.)

Ooh, yes, please! (What, we're not voting? Oh.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

They were expecting her. I forget if it was Rex or Eric but they said they set it up for her to be a witness.  That's why she had flowers.

But the ceremony started without her being there, didn't it?

15 hours ago, boes said:

I just couldn't with today's episode.

First that dismal wedding with Eyeore officiating, Sarah with the cow eyes and even Rex's charm wasn't enough to cover up his immense stupidity.

And it got worse from there.  First time ever I wasn't happy to see Justin.

I watched long enough to see Kristen lose 20 pounds and two bust sizes when she pulled off the mask and that was it. 

This may be the best comment I've read in a long time.   Brilliant!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

When Hope was commissioner, she carried a badge and a gun.  Does Eve have those?

Well, as bad as she was at the job, Hope was actually a police officer! Eve? Never. So probably not. She should not even have this position!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

But the ceremony started without her being there, didn't it?

I don't think so.  Or maybe?  I know Sarah said to stop.  When Rex and Eric asked why, she came up with needing a witness (as opposed to "I want to be with Eric who wants to be with Nicole who is actually Kristin who works with Xander who wants to be with me but only gets cuddles from my mother.")

That's when she was told there was no problem because they were expecting Kayla.  She came with flowers so she knew why she was there.

But I may have missed the beginning of the scene before Sarsh stops things.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

And why was Jennifer wearing what looked like a velvet heavy coat in the heat of July? I was so distracted as I sat there melting in the heatwave, I couldn't concentrate on the dialog. 

• Love 3

Hope was still wearing her sparkly jacket from Caroline's wake.

A mention of Abs.... eeek. Jenn looked a little overdressed for a summer day. Unless she spent a lot of it in airconditioned locations.

Kate, you fool. Hide away from the door so you don't fall in.

Xander, your kindness in not removing Ted and Kate will eventually be discovered. I'm getting a movie title here but I forget which one.

Seems odd that Jack can talk to and confide in Kayla. Eve, you have a crime in progress and all you care about is your revenge on Ben. Part of your job is not the town sheriff and a gunfight at Horton Square. The police resources need to go to the 911 call. But of course you are in a way, complicit.

Not too interested in Lani and Eli, but it seemed a step in an adult direction for Lani to admit her obsession with Jordan's baby. And now she can hopefully move on with her life.

• Love 3
(edited)

Eli should've made her suffer a bit more honestly I think he's more into her than she is into him. That being said they're the token black couple so its not as if the show will ever really break them up unless another black character is in the mix.

I guess I should blame Deidre for Ben then. I'll be glad to do so..

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, as bad as she was at the job, Hope was actually a police officer! Eve? Never. So probably not. She should not even have this position!

I think Eve being in her position is Ron's way of taking a jab at you know who's administration that are filled with people who are unqualified for their positions..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Catty comment: that red dress makes Kristen look skeletal.  This is not a good fashion choice on so so many levels:
1) who puts on THAT dress to get comfortable?  
2) It's RED - it's like "X" marks the spot where the criminal is standing
3) it makes the body switch between the two so very obvious
4) she's worn that dress for days - stuffed it under the bed - is she getting it dry cleaned?  Under Nicole's name?
5) She's in a cold hotel when she wears that - isn't she freezing?

I need to see that red dress in the trash.  It's gotta go.  

Xander, Xander, Xander -- not much of a thinker are you?  Just stuff living people in a room in the Dimera mansion?  This is not sustainable.  

Kate - You've been in that room HOW many times?  When you wake up I expect a snarky comment and a full-proof exit strategy.  Seriously, they don't give loyalty points for that place, you should sneak in some day and set up a secret exit.

Jack is a mess, Eve is out of her mind (Eli KNOWS you ignored a 911 call).  

I'm glad Lani's baby-obsession arc is over but it's time for some therapy.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SueB said:

Kate - You've been in that room HOW many times?  When you wake up I expect a snarky comment and a full-proof exit strategy.  Seriously, they don't give loyalty points for that place, you should sneak in some day and set up a secret exit.

Yes, if someone is missing Salemites should AUTOMATICALLY check Kidnap Kabin (that cozy little place that's been burned twice but probably still has someone putting clean sheets on the bed that will never die) or the "secret" room in the DiMeara mansion (you know, that room in which at least half of all Salemites have either been trapped or from which they've had to rescue a loved one.)   They are always there.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, SueB said:

I need to see that red dress in the trash.  It's gotta go.  

Non-Nicole's wardrobe choices should probably earn points for consistency in what passes for characterization. That woman's clothing was usually garish past the point of stupidity.

6 hours ago, SueB said:

Speaking of points rewards, there really should be some sort of "loyalty" program (not quite the word) for frequent but involuntary guests of Castle Dracula and its high-traffic dungeons.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I saw somebody commenting about yesterday's show where they noted that pill addict Jennifer was drinking wine.

Why does Eve care about Roman?

Um.  the mayor can't make a call about dropping charges, it's the DA's job, but the mayor can hire the DA, so ...

• Love 2

Ciara's utter disgust over Claire is rich considering she has no problem fucking a man that killed 3 women. Plus, her shirt's ugly.

Loved all the Will/Sonny scenes. I usually don't watch them tbh but I did today and they were nice scenes. Loved Will blackmailing Jack. Plus, Sonny was wearing jeans!

They've done a 180 on Stefan/Gabi way too quick. I'm already over them lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
22 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ciara's utter disgust over Claire is rich considering she has no problem fucking a man that killed 3 women. Plus, her shirt's ugly.

Loved all the Will/Sonny scenes. I usually don't watch them tbh but I did today and they were nice scenes. Loved Will blackmailing Jack. Plus, Sonny was wearing jeans!

They've done a 180 on Stefan/Gabi way too quick. I'm already over them lol.

Ciara does not care because Ben did not try to kill her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Everytime Ciara acts like Ben is some sweet snowflake I keep waiting for them to show a flashback of Ben strangling Paige to death or brutally beating Chad into a coma. But of course they won't because thats not the narrative they are going for.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
(edited)

I loved Will today. This is how Will should be without being a Sami clone. Chandler seemed to resemble Mophead Will who was so awesome as Lumi's son. Jack was great with Wilson as well. I wish the show would acknowledge that Jack is also Will's uncle. I loved Shawn-Douglas with Claire. He should be on the show driving his own stories. Ben being the lead hero over him the son of a supercouple is just so wrong.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I loved Will today. This is how Will should be without being a Sami clone. Chandler seemed to resemble Mophead Will who was so awesome as Lumi's son. Jack was great with Wilson as well. I wish the show would acknowledge that Jack is also Will's uncle. I loved Shawn-Douglas with Claire. He should be on the show driving his own stories. Ben being the lead hero over him the son of a supercouple is just so wrong.

I think because Jack is only Will's uncle via marriage(although he and Jennifer are divorced they don't mention it) he's related to Sonny via Adrienne. 

This show doesn't care about Shawn D beyond Belle (gee this sounds awfully familiar). I do enjoy Shawn D/Claire scenes though. 

The show dropped the ball by not having Shelle/Phillip/Chloe on the canvas all these years and they wanted to stay they could've driven story for decades but instead we got the likes of Melanie, Rafe, Daniel etc that were not needed.

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Plus, her shirt's ugly.

I do like the way you shore up an argument. Heh.

And I think the Flashback Gods on this show have only short-term memory capacity -- no long-term recall.

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think because Jack is only Will's uncle via marriage(although he and Jennifer are divorced they don't mention it) he's related to Sonny via Adrienne. 

This show doesn't care about Shawn D beyond Belle (gee this sounds awfully familiar). I do enjoy Shawn D/Claire scenes though. 

The show dropped the ball by not having Shelle/Phillip/Chloe on the canvas all these years and they wanted to stay they could've driven story for decades but instead we got the likes of Melanie, Rafe, Daniel etc that were not needed.

Amen to your post. I would also like to add Andrew Donovan, Stefanie Johnson, Jeannie Donovan, Eric Brady, Carrie Brady, Benjamin Carver, Benji Hawke, Alexander Kiriakis, Joseph Kiriakis, Victor Kiriakis Jr, Sarah Horton,  a child by Sandy Horton, Mike Horton, a child by Tony and Anna, a son by Eugene and Calliope named Evan after Marlena should have all been on the show for years driving their own stories.. Instead we got horrible retcons like Summer..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

Also liked Will blackmailing Jack. Jack did do the right thing. I also liked his interest in getting his memory back, but not telling Eve

Ciara, your wonderful plan is likely to go belly-up. You should have sympathy for Claire and her mental health struggles.

Thought Gabi's dress was way too short and tight for a hospital visit. Put on a coat, Gabi!

Do wonder who will feed Ted and Kate? Xander will bring pizza and cheap wine?

Guess Haley is back.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Amen to your post. I would also like to add Andrew Donovan, Stefanie Johnson, Jeannie Donovan, Eric Brady, Carrie Brady, Benjamin Carver, Benji Hawke, Alexander Kiriakis, Joseph Kiriakis, Victor Kiriakis Jr, Sarah Horton,  a child by Sandy Horton, Mike Horton, a child by Tony and Anna, a son by Eugene and Calliope named Evan after Marlena should have all been on the show for years driving their own stories.. Instead we got horrible retcons like Summer..

Eh I could live without Theresa JL chose to leave but they didn't do much with her while she was here although she should've stayed an unapologetic bitch. Making her into a heroine and sticking her with a kid was a terrible idea. Course she's off screen so its not as damaging at this point. 

However yeah the rest of your list rather have seen those characters than the ones we got who are either gone or have no point. Hell Daniel has two kids on this show but Eric has none.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Also liked Will blackmailing Jack. Jack did do the right thing. I also liked his interest in getting his memory back, but not telling Eve

Ciara, your wonderful plan is likely to go belly-up. You should have sympathy for Claire and her mental health struggles.

Thought Gabi's dress was way too short and tight for a hospital visit. Put on a coat, Gabi!

Do wonder who will feed Ted and Kate? Xander will bring pizza and cheap wine?

Guess Haley is back.

Gabi has almost always dressed like a hooker. CB has the body to pull it off though.  

Ciara being so cold about Claire has taken a lot out of this storyline(among other things). 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Ciara being so cold about Claire has taken a lot out of this storyline(among other things). 

Two things that made me laugh in these last couple of episodes:

1.  Ciara's "It's difficult knowing that someone you love tried to burn you alive."  I have never gotten a feeling this version of Ciara loves anyone but herself.  When she first arrived in town she was hateful towards Claire and vowed to ruin her life but now we're supposed to believe they have this bond?  I believed the previous version of Ciara and Claire loved each other, but not this one.

2.  Eve's talking about Ben looking smug and walking around town with his hot girlfriend.  Greatest description of Ben I've heard on this show.  If Julie can spew hatred at Gabi for killing her darling Nick, Eve should be able to be openly disdainful to Ben but apparently that can't happen because it hurts Ciara's feelings.  I just can't with this show's determination to pretend Ben is not a multiple murderer. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Two things that made me laugh in these last couple of episodes:

1.  Ciara's "It's difficult knowing that someone you love tried to burn you alive."  I have never gotten a feeling this version of Ciara loves anyone but herself.  When she first arrived in town she was hateful towards Claire and vowed to ruin her life but now we're supposed to believe they have this bond?  I believed the previous version of Ciara and Claire loved each other, but not this one.

2.  Eve's talking about Ben looking smug and walking around town with his hot girlfriend.  Greatest description of Ben I've heard on this show.  If Julie can spew hatred at Gabi for killing her darling Nick, Eve should be able to be openly disdainful to Ben but apparently that can't happen because it hurts Ciara's feelings.  I just can't with this show's determination to pretend Ben is not a multiple murderer. 

Kitmerlot1213, how I do love your post!  I've missed the last few days of Show and from what I've read, I'm sorta glad I did.  So Ciara thinks it's hard to live with someone who tried to burn her alive, huh?  But she sleeps like a baby next to a guy who murdered 4 people?  (Will's alive but no thanks to Ben).  I haven't liked this snot-nosed Abby-lite since she first appeared and she continues to make it easy to maintain that feeling.

• Love 17
On 6/21/2019 at 10:44 PM, Frozendiva said:

Eric, you can leave Sarah Horton alone until she decides she doesn't want Rex. However, I too would be ticked off that my fiancé would want to marry me on my coffee break. Why the rush, Rex? Grandma Caroline's funeral was just a few minutes ago and most people really wouldn't want an insta-wedding.

Thought Ted looked good all disheveled. Still amazed that Kristen's body can morph in to Nicole's body with the mask! Her confrontation with Samantha should be interesting.

Ciara, your plan is probably ill-advised. It'll just make Claire even more unhinged. You need to have backup and Plan B. Tripp it is not a good idea to break up with Claire and then move to Ciara within a few minutes. Too fast, too convenient.

Eve, you can hate Ben all you want and have every right to, but you cannot pin things on him that he did not do. He can sue the Salem PD.

Totally agree about the way Sarah and Rex got married.

I like the actress who plays Sarah just fine, but I agree with the poster who liked Melissa Archer as well. I thought she was one of the most beautiful women they’ve ever had on the show.

Lol so true about Kristen’s body. Can’t stand this mask bs.

And I agree about Ben. Eve has every right to hate his guts. Hope should be frightened her daughter is with a serial killer. I sure wouldn’t want anything to do with him, despite Ben’s dreamy looks and abs. That said, I am all about the truth, and I want the truth to come out that it was Claire and not Ben who set these fires. Ben should be held accountable for his crimes, and Claire for hers. Whether we like it or not, Ben has saved Ciara over and over, and Claire could have killed innocent people. Of course Ciara is going to feel safer with Ben despite his past and extremely hurt and frightened by her niece’s actions.

I felt bad for Maggie when Victor said he loved her but Caroline was the love of his life. Victor doesn’t even deserve Maggie. I forget how or why she ever got with him in the first place. 

I agree with the posts that they could have done a better job with the tribute to Caroline/Peggy, although it was nice seeing some of the characters who haven’t been on in awhile.

Forgive me if anything I said contradicts the last few episodes, as I’m a bit behind catching up. 

• Love 8

Well Maggie was with Mickey for decades I can't imagine her being that upset its not as if Caroline wanted Victor back either.  They got together because there was nobody else for either character really. I also suspected the show wanted to give Rafe Maggie's old house too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I'm taking Kate's she's a Dimera, they always come back as a shout out to this board.  Now I just need for Sami and Lucas to show up, and when Ted asks how they knew, their response should be - It's the Dimera tunnels, this should always be the first place someone looks.

Then when Lucas and Ted express the belief that maybe Kate and Sami should leave this to the Salem PD, Sami and Kate laugh and go off to do what Sami and Kate do best.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Wasn't Kate trapped in the tunnels the last time with Vivian and Marlena?  I know she didn't like Vivian, but she does like Marlena.

You can't survive in Salem if you don't like clam chowder, I think it must be required.

What a cop out ending to the immigration story.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Apparently its a reprieve although yeah a total cop out. I mean really they set Haley up to fail there were a ton of ways to introduce her to the show she could've worked at the hospital and JJ found her cute. Meanwhile they start out as friends with Haley finding out Melinda was really her mom and JJ dealing with Jack's return is enough drama they didn't need the immigration angle or Haley's suicide attempt which seems to be an afterthought either. Then possibly lead to something more later on. 

Instead we got this.

This story wasn't hard to write.

• Love 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Gabi has almost always dressed like a hooker. CB has the body to pull it off though.  

I notice this too. The actress is a pretty young thing, but can't they find better clothing to show off her figure? I remember Sami used to walk around Salem in clubby attire as well. I'm all for people being overdressed, especially on a soap opera, but there's not walking around in jeans and t-shirts and then looking like a hooker. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 1

So Haley's angsty deportation story that no one cared about has been neatly wrapped with a bow, and thanks to some kind senator with connections, she can stay and become the current love of JJ's life. I get that there is no one else on the canvas, but they really don't click or have a lot of chemistry. Maybe the dangerous to all around her gesticulating with her hands will stop!

Ted thinks that Xander giving Sarah Horton a necklace will help him out how exactly? At least Kate opened the wine and guzzled it down. And thinks that Kristin DiMera is back in town. Kate, when you are on good terms with the DiMera's, get a master key copy made of the tunnel rooms and wear it as a locket or earring or something.

Tripp and Ciara, your plan really isn't a good one. Give it to Claire to take the biggest knife from the block.

I did like the conversation between Marlena and Ben. He really has come a long way. He showed courage in talking to her about her granddaughter, had empathy and considered her feelings, he approached the topic objectively and sensitively. He did not exhibit rage or any obsessive tendencies.  Except talking about Eve and her plan to trap him on any perceived crime as part of her job and only being in it for revenge. He also considered Ciara's plan to be not all that well thought out and expressed concern for her and any danger she could find herself in. Plus showed some compassion for Claire.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Random thoughts because I was bored today:

I'm not sure why they married Sarah off.  It certainly won't matter to Xander.  Or it shouldn't given his morals.

I don't think Gabi dresses like a hooker.  She dresses like a woman about to go out clubbing. That's fine if she were to go clubbing but nothing quite screamed "this show has a limited budget" more than putting her in a sexy red dress (oh no, the dress is red!--see below) in the hospital with Will & Sonny because they wanted her in it for her impromptu date with Stefan and didn't want her to change.

This show has the worst "gotchya" clues.  So far we've had

1) a key which looked like other keys so I'm not sure why it'd give Eve a reaction

2) a red dress. I know Maggie said she'd seen Kristin in Nicole's room in a red dress but it's not like sexy red dresses are so rare that Nicole wouldn't have one. 

3) I also think a cell phone is a strange clue unless Ted has some specific designs on it indicating it's his. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

So Haley's angsty deportation story that no one cared about has been neatly wrapped with a bow, and thanks to some kind senator with connections, she can stay and become the current love of JJ's life. I get that there is no one else on the canvas, but they really don't click or have a lot of chemistry. Maybe the dangerous to all around her gesticulating with her hands will stop!

Ted thinks that Xander giving Sarah Horton a necklace will help him out how exactly? At least Kate opened the wine and guzzled it down. And thinks that Kristin DiMera is back in town. Kate, when you are on good terms with the DiMera's, get a master key copy made of the tunnel rooms and wear it as a locket or earring or something.

Especially when Xander is regifting a necklace Ted tried to give Hope in the first place.  I didn't mind JJ/Haley as friends as a couple I don't see it either but sadly its the best its going to get for both characters. Considering they can't even write decent stories for the couples who have chemistry I really don't see much of a difference at this point. 

Putting that aside they really should've focused on Haley/Melinda's relationship and JJ coming between Jack/Eve before pairing these two up in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Random thoughts because I was bored today:

I'm not sure why they married Sarah off.  It certainly won't matter to Xander.  Or it shouldn't given his morals.

I don't think Gabi dresses like a hooker.  She dresses like a woman about to go out clubbing. That's fine if she were to go clubbing but nothing quite screamed "this show has a limited budget" more than putting her in a sexy red dress (oh no, the dress is red!--see below) in the hospital with Will & Sonny because they wanted her in it for her impromptu date with Stefan and didn't want her to change.

This show has the worst "gotchya" clues.  So far we've had

1) a key which looked like other keys so I'm not sure why it'd give Eve a reaction

2) a red dress. I know Maggie said she'd seen Kristin in Nicole's room in a red dress but it's not like sexy red dresses are so rare that Nicole wouldn't have one. 

3) I also think a cell phone is a strange clue unless Ted has some specific designs on it indicating it's his. 

I'm basing this on Gabi's outfits in the past not just the dress she wore the other day. There was that slip dress she wore when she banged Stefan and Brady caught them. Along with various other outfits she wears that are too tight or show a lot of cleavage. Hey CB has the figure to pull it off but I don't take Gabi or Chloe seriously with the outfits they wear. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Sarah should tell Xander straight up: " You know it takes more than a piece of jewelry to earn my trust."  

The writers need to pump the brakes with these two. 

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'm basing this on Gabi's outfits in the past not just the dress she wore the other day. There was that slip dress she wore when she banged Stefan and Brady caught them. Along with various other outfits she wears that are too tight or show a lot of cleavage. Hey CB has the figure to pull it off but I don't take Gabi or Chloe seriously with the outfits they wear. 

Yeah Gabi seems to constantly be dressed more appropriately for a club or working the corner. I agree she has the figure for it, but it just looks so silly. They could also show off her body in stuff that’s more casual if that’s the whole point. How about all those beautiful spring and summer dresses? Or a cute little top with a denim skirt or shorts? It’s the girls’ night out/woman of the night thing that I don’t get. I haven’t noticed Chloe wearing clubby/hookery dresses that often, but I agree that she does show cleavage a lot.

• Love 2
(edited)

I watched as much of yesterday's show as I could stand and saw brave, compassionate, caring Ben agonize over telling Marlena her granddaughter is the one who started the fires.  And all it took was one word from the necktie killer with the heart of gold and Marlena immediately believed him.  Awwwwww.......that was so touching.  Any bets on who will perform the nuptials if and when Ben and Ciara decided to plege their enduring dysfunction to each other?  Marlena has spent more time with Ben than she ever has with Claire.

But then she and Ben sprang up and ran off to SAVE CIARA!   

Meanwhile, back at Meerkat Manor, Ciara and Topo Gigio aka Tripp skanked up the couch in an attempt to drive Claire over the edge and surprise, surprise, it worked.  Such a good plan, glad to see that brain trust at work.  Claire managed to get a knife and put Tripp on his back like turtle while Ciara, brave, smart, woman of the world Ciara stood off to the side - way off to the side - and ineffectually squawked, "Claire, what are you DOING?"  I wish Claire had replied, "Making some chopped liver, want some?"

And JJ was reunited with Haley, another Awwwwww moment.  Although in my case, it was an "Awwwwwwwwwww, shit" moment.  Their dialogue sounded as if they'd both been force fed Precious Moments figurines and were belching up the remains.  

She's gonna regret not going back to China when she fully realizes that being with JJ also means putting up with his mother, his sister and getting Darling'ed to death by Julie.  

I'm regretting it right now.

So Ben's the hero, Ciara's the hero, Tripp is the hero, Haley is Little Nell,  rescued from the railroad tracks, JJ's life has just turned into a cesspool of suckage although he doesn't know it and Marlena just remembered she had a granddaughter.

What a show!

Oh yeah, and Sarah has given me serious doubt as to who is the stupid one in her marriage.  I used to think it was Rex, no matter how much I liked him.  But right now, Sarah is acting like such an idiot even I believe she and Eric are meant to be.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 12
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, boes said:

put Tripp on his back like turtle while Ciara, brave, smart, woman of the world Ciara stood off to the side - way off to the side - and ineffectually squawked, "Claire, what are you DOING?

Right?! At least Abigail would have hopped on her back or something, lol. I'll never forgive what they did to Ciara's character. 

• Love 5
On 6/28/2019 at 9:46 AM, kitmerlot1213 said:

Eve should be able to be openly disdainful to Ben but apparently that can't happen because it hurts Ciara's feelings.  

I am a Cin fan, yet I totally agree.  I really need this shit retconned because each time Ben is with Eve, I'm rooting for Eve. Paige needs to be alive somewhere or another mask needs to come into play or something in order for me to find Eve evil for what she is doing. I don't.  

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I am a Cin fan, yet I totally agree.  I really need this shit retconned because each time Ben is with Eve, I'm rooting for Eve. Paige needs to be alive somewhere or another mask needs to come into play or something in order for me to find Eve evil for what she is doing. I don't.  

I have mixed feelings about Cin. Trying to redeem a serial killer is pretty ridiculous, but I am a fan of the actor.

If you've ever known an innocent kid or young adult who was murdered and the horrendous pain the mother goes through, you completely understand Eve. Is framing Ben still wrong? Yes. But I agree that that alone doesn't really make Eve evil to me. I totally get that it makes her furious when she sees Ben running around living life, and her child, who'd never hurt anybody, will never get to. I was a big Paige fan. I thought she was adorable and a sweet girl who was hurt over and over (including by her own mother and the one boy she ever loved) until she suffered a senseless young death. Why we can't have more characters to root for is beyond me. All my friends were Paige fans and hated that she was killed off. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, boes said:

Oh yeah, and Sarah has given me serious doubt as to who is the stupid one in her marriage.  I used to think it was Rex, no matter how much I liked him.  But right now, Sarah is acting like such an idiot even I believe she and Eric are meant to be.

I just refuse to believe there are 3 men vying for her in this manner. I like her but it's just ridiculous. Not with those bangs!

• LOL 10
  • Love 4