Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

This is the same show had Shawn chained in a cage by Jan for an entire summer without needing to pee or poop.

LOL! That storyline was crazy and campy as heck! Shawn in those tight pants!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Oh, great, we start off today's show with Eric whining.  Again.

Damn, Marlena, be rude to Sarah.

Brady, why are you telling Chloe about Gabi's plot?

Funny how Xander has Kristin under her real name on his cell phone.

• LOL 6
On 7/5/2019 at 10:29 PM, Frozendiva said:

Is there some sort of bucket in that room to use a toilet facility? Otherwise, ewwwww.

Can't imagine that there would be decent champagne in that room. With its alcohol content it would be somewhat sanitary.

Rex, it is poor form to regift your wife's new necklace to another woman. Especially such an expensive one. The right thing to do is to return it to Xander. Or sell it and give the proceeds to the hospital or better yet, your own place!

If I wore Gabi's tube top type top to work, I'd be sent home to change. Way too much skin showing for 'work'. Nicole's fit a bit better because of summer air conditioning. Some workplaces are iceboxes. Nicole did slip with the 'father' comment. Surely other people can sense that she is 'off' a bit. Especially Brady wondering where Kate was and how all of a sudden she was at some faraway conference. Check the books, Brady to see if there is a travel claim from her, airfare and hotel and conference fees booked.

Agree with all this.

While the necklace did look so pretty on Chloe, it was a stupid move on Rex’s part. 

I see no reason Sarah and Rex are still at Eric’s. They’re two people, and both make excellent money. It’s not like either one would be living all alone in some dump. Sarah in particular should know how messed up it is to live there due to the feelings between her and Eric.

Yes, Gabi continues to dress provocatively at work. If they want Gabi to be the sexy girl, a formfitting dress or top and skirt with some heels goes a long way. You can absolutely look sexy and fashionable without heading to work the way she does. There are even work appropriate clothes that are still youthful and fun in addition to being tastefully sexy if you really look. They make pant suits where the pants are shorter and tighter, mini jackets, colors that pop, fun accessories, etc. She’s always dressed like a college girl heading to a party or something. I know she’s young and pretty and works in fashion, but she’s not a teen or college kid, she is a mother, and while she’s in fashion, she’s not working in a juniors style boutique where she’s simply wearing the clothes that are sold. I’d expect more style and appropriateness from someone in her position. I know I’ve already ranted about this, but I can’t help noticing that Gabi’s style won’t improve. I am genuinely really into fashion, so I keep hoping it does.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I skipped any scene involving Eric. I just can't. I would probably skip any scene involving Sarah too but she is with Rex a lot and I really like Rex so.

Gabi/Stefan are losing me lol. I knew this would happen. I don't know, I just feel like the chem isn't really there.

I actually really like Gabi's outfit but like, a tube top, really? I feel like if it had some straps and wasn't a belly top it would be perfect though.

I am growing very tired of AZ as Kristen being Nicole. I need this story to move to the next phase asap.

• Love 9

This show relies on the superficial to sell a pairing slap two attractive people together who have some chemistry but don't develop the characters or write a story to get people to keep watching though. Then they act all shocked when people lose interest and tune out.

Bo/Hope, J&J, Stayla etc wouldn't be what they are if they didn't have decent stories to backup that chemistry. 

• Love 6

In the ideal world, Marlena, people would actually communicate. Maybe Rex and Sarah have to be together for a bit, and then she may move on to Eric. Or maybe the real Nicole will come back.

Where do two doctors who just got jobs at a hospital get any significant vacation time for a honeymoon. These two probably only have earned 1-3 days holidays each and both probably can't take the same days off. Given a busy summer season at the hospital, they'd get time off????? They don't even have any money since they are living with the groom's brother probably rent-free. There was a nice necklace they could have sold to get some cash....

The real Nicole would have been more the margarita or mojito or other fancy drink type party person. Not champagne and stuffiness.

Rex, so what if your mom doesn't put xoxo on all her texts? You aren't starring in a new version of Gossip Girl.

Ted, you did something smart by breaking the wine bottle to make a weapon.

Of course, 'Nicole' is acting odd.

Chloe, why didn't you fly off the handle as per usual when being told that Gabi is seeking revenge on Stefan?

Xander, you have a bit of tapdancing to do to save the two kidnap victims. Your boss isn't pleased with you.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I know they need to move the plot along somehow, but why was Xander even bothering to talk to Hope?  As he pointed out, more than once, she is NOT a cop and therefore has no authority whatsoever.  He could have simply said he bought it from Ted at the pawn shop (not that Hope even deserved that much of an explanation) and then left.  While it was entertaining to see Hope actually use the Salem brain today it would have made FAR more sense if she had asked him, he had answered, and she pretended to take his story at face value.  And then followed him.

And somehow, it is OK for her to be moving on but she gets the sadz because Rafe had a ONS with Carrie.  I guess every man she was ever with (even if she is the one who dumped him) must be doomed to spend the rest of his life pining for her.

I want a magic shirt like Ted's.  He was literally using it as a towel and then puts it back on.  Not only is it completely dry it is freshly ironed!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

@RealHousewife I thought it very funny that Gabi wore a tube top to work within a few days of us all discussing her inappropriate-for-work wardrobe :) 

All of these stories need to move along more quickly -- which is funny, considering we had a big climax last week in a big plot line. Give me a few days of Jack making his way back to his old self and I'll be a little happier. 

Sarah is asking for trouble every time she goes to the chapel. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
19 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I skipped any scene involving Eric. I just can't. I would probably skip any scene involving Sarah too but she is with Rex a lot and I really like Rex so.

Gabi/Stefan are losing me lol. I knew this would happen. I don't know, I just feel like the chem isn't really there.

I actually really like Gabi's outfit but like, a tube top, really? I feel like if it had some straps and wasn't a belly top it would be perfect though.

I am growing very tired of AZ as Kristen being Nicole. I need this story to move to the next phase asap.

I so agree with your post.  

Every time I see Eric with the frowny face and his sad/mad eyes I find myself wishing someone would sneak up behind him and give a super wedgie, anything to give his Mr. Mope impression at least a temporary pause.  And this is what Sarah finds sexy??  She could use one as well.

Mar is annoying as hell with her interference in her adult son's love life.  Hell, the guy is close to getting his first AARP mailing, he doesn't need his mommy telling him how to get laid and who with.

All these Eric problems could be solved by one visit to the vet for a quick clip.

I guess AZ is enjoying playing Kristen-as-Nicole but her constant cackling has gotten very old.

What was up with Brady giving away Gabi's plan to Chloe?  

If Victor wants to find out why Titan isn't doing so well, he doesn't need to look any further than Brady slouched and gossiping with Chloe at Horton Square or Xander doing apparently nothing.  And he thought SONNY didn't apply himself to the job?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8

Claire's last day was gorgeously emotional and I loved all of the little family moments we got to see and I guess Ben's redemption is complete--Claire called him one of the good guys.  And just to point out, Claire's going to Bayview where she'll be getting real psychiatric care just like Ben did but not like Abs did who perhaps spent a couple of weeks in the hospital.

I did love Victor's plan to have the jet ready to whisk Claire away if she had to do hard time, his asking John to hug Claire for him and that he wanted to make sure she got the best care possible because he owed it to Claire, Caroline and Bo was beautifully played--nice :)

I still dislike Haley and her "girl's got work" comment was freakin' obnoxious as hell.  She spent how many months either in hiding and/or on the run but she still thinks she's employed at the hospital because she's the best nurse EVAH?!  

• Love 11

Some emotional scenes today, I really liked the scenes with John & Victor...we don't often see them together.  Victor revealing his love for his family(altho he uses his usual 'lets fly her out of the country" as his solution).  I liked that Claire & Ciara revealed their love for each other & remembered the good times from their past...its good to have memories.  And then Belle&Shawn comforting their daughter(although I wish we could have had her parents appear earlier in this storyline & them trying to help her),  the family moments were good, the grandmothers were there: Marlena & Hope. John...I guess with Claire at Bayview they can write her character back into the show sometime in the Future.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, QueenSerena said:

Fair warning: You thought today would be about Claire & her family as they deal with her illness and exit? Hell nah, y'all, we've got a serial killer to prop! 🙄

Just think.....Ben killed three people and did his best to make it an even four, and now he walks with the heroes.

If only Show had allowed him to kill even more, he'd be a God......

Salem is so blessed.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, QueenSerena said:

Fair warning: You thought today would be about Claire & her family as they deal with her illness and exit? Hell nah, y'all, we've got a serial killer to prop! 🙄

Holy crap you weren't kidding.  

I did enjoy all the goodbyes with Claire and her family but at the same time we were smacked over the head with the reminder that Ben is redeemed. Tripp apologizing was not enough..nope! We had to hear Claire tell him he's one of the good guys. And Marlena and Ben Oy.

Forgot to add..farewell to Olivia Rose Keegan. Such a talented girl who I will really miss 😣

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 12

I'm glad Claire didn't give Eve away. Even though she was wrong for enabling Claire and not getting her the help she needed, at least she was there! More than I can say for her so called family. I can count on my hands how many scenes John/ Marlena/ Hope have had with Claire. Why would Ciara/Ben show up at the hospital when they did everything they could to set her up instead of getting her the help she needed. If I was Claire I'd hedge my bets on my new roommates then my so called family members. She'd probably be better off.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Some emotional scenes today, I really liked the scenes with John & Victor...we don't often see them together.  Victor revealing his love for his family(altho he uses his usual 'lets fly her out of the country" as his solution).  I liked that Claire & Ciara revealed their love for each other & remembered the good times from their past...its good to have memories.  And then Belle&Shawn comforting their daughter(although I wish we could have had her parents appear earlier in this storyline & them trying to help her),  the family moments were good, the grandmothers were there: Marlena & Hope. John...I guess with Claire at Bayview they can write her character back into the show sometime in the Future.

I agree most of it was great but since Claire was sucking it up and apologizing to everyone why couldn't Ciara be a better person and apologize too.  Yes, she may have apologized in the past but:

1.  Deciding you want a guy after you've dumped him and he's moved on and blaming his current girlfriend (Claire) for not simply stepping aside because it was her duty to do so after you changed your mind...

2.  Blaming Claire for the guy getting injured when she had nothing to do with it...

3.  Announcing you were planning to ruin Claire's life (because she didn't just hand the guy over to you) and then being so petty as to compete for something you don't even want simply because you knew it would hurt her....

4.  Realizing Claire is in BIG trouble and setting her up rather than going to her grandmother WHO IS A PSYCHIATRIST.  (I realize they couldn't go to the police but come on, it's not like Marlena wouldn't have listened to her.)

5.  Generally being a bitch to your supposed "best friend"

are all very valid reasons why Ciara should have made it a point to apologize again.  There is a chance Claire would have snapped anyway but Ciara pushing her toward the edge certainly didn't help.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Marlena and Ben seem like best buddies now.  

It was nice to see Claire and her family together    Also enjoyed Eve talking to Claire and feeling guilty about not helping her.   

Is Will on his honeymoon?    I kind of miss him. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Marlena and Ben seem like best buddies now

Isnt that the sweetest? Strangling her grandson to (almost death) is such a minor little memory.  And tbh Marlena telling Ben that he would make a great therapist felt like foreshadowing. I fully expect to see him pursuing that.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Isnt that the sweetest? Strangling her grandson to (almost death) is such a minor little memory.  And tbh Marlena telling Ben that he would make a great therapist felt like foreshadowing. I fully expect to see him pursuing that.

I guess Marlena has forgotten when Ben almost killed her during his serial killer ways.

• Love 10
(edited)

I finally turned in today and boy was it a show. Hearing anyone say to Ben that he's one of the good guys made me walk away from the television set. Granted, his little joke to Claire about avoiding the oatmeal at Bayview gave the actor a chance to show off a different side of his character. And I thought he did that pretty successfully. But still the joke really wasn't funny because poor Claire has been dragged through the mud so that Ben can look good. Am I really supposed to be happy that she's going to Bayview?

An episode like this really drove home just how screwed up the writing is. No one should be happy for Haley making it back to the States when her stupid idiot mother could have easily started her citizenship application process years ago. And I don't believe Haley would be dragged out of the country by Ice and then some Senator would try to make it so that she could immediately come back to the United States. Haley wasn't some poor victim in the eyes of the press. No politician would go that far out on a limb for a girl who would be just fine on her own in China. And Tripp doesn't get arrested for lying about their marriage? Hun..?

Then we have Eve and Claire, whose relationship I always liked because they both had a love of Music. Why didn't the show pursue that?!?! We're not even going to get a scene of Belle chewing Eve out, are we? I still remember that scene of Belle ripping Eve a new one in the park early on when Eve started to take an interest in Claire. They could have really written to that dynamic of Claire being the surrogate daughter and Belle feeling like she was losing her kid. But nope. Pyromania!

I really would have thought we would have gotten a scene somewhere during the last few years where Hope, Marlena, John, Belle, Sean, Ciara and the rest of the family would be attending one of Claire's concerts and cheering her on. Instead we only get to see them together for the same old hospital elevator exit. How many times have we seen this already? We saw it with Paul... now Claire...who else?

I really can't take this Ben shit anymore. I really can't.

Kassie made me a fan today. I really love seeing her on the screen and I'm glad she has a job. I just hate the character and the writing.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 9

ok my 2 cents on the lame Eve swiping the cell phone and how lame and unrealistic it is....

1) there's no way there wouldn't be video surveillance of the evidence room in any modern police station(but then again this is Salem....)

2) even if she got and destroyed the phone, there's always the witnesses who heard the voicemail and the simple fact phone companies keep records of all calls even the robocalls. I know cause I went to my company(let's just say it begins with a V) and I could check over a year's worth of calls just on the app. Any judge would grant a request for those records

I'm actually hoping Eli and Hope are setting Eve up and the real phone has been hidden away somewhere like Vics safe 

• Love 9

I hope Eve gets away with everything. 

Let joey out of prison.  

If Ben and Abigail can be cured so can Jordan.  Jordan can come back and take David and Rafe far away from Salem.  

• Love 8

Wow - it is really interesting to see so many Eve fans on this forum. I hate seeing how she has been inserted into so many stories and see NOTHING enjoyable or positive about her. I don't know this actress from anything else, so I can't attest to that. As others have said it is a horrible character and I guess she plays it well, but I will fast forward or not watch a show if I read that she is featured in it. I know that many villains are people you love to hate; however I just hate her character and that she has to suck up so much time. The only one who is as annoying as she is is Sarah. I hope she loses Jack (although that is not necessarily any kind of punishment) and her job and has to go to jail and is off my screen. She SHOULD feel guilty for putting her own personal vendetta, which only shows up when it suits her, ahead of getting help for a disturbed girl, who for some reason, trusted her.

• Love 4

I’m so tired of everyone being thrown under the bus for Ben and everyone kissing his ass and apologizing to him. I don’t need to see everyone fawning over him and telling him what a good guy he is.

Just now, TenaciousWarrior said:

I’m so tired of everyone being thrown under the bus for Ben and everyone kissing his ass and apologizing to him. I don’t need to see everyone fawning over him and telling him what a good guy he is. Redeem him, fine. But can you do it slowly and in a complex manner?

• Love 8

Eli, you had better be conning Eve. There would be phone records from the Telco company - unless Claire used a burner/pay as go phone. I did like Eve apologizing to Claire - but she could have stopped a lot of this by talking to Claire's parents or grandmother or whatever and get her help before she did anything. Am not a huge fan of Eve, I do see where she is coming from, but there are better ways than her idea of revenge. The Salem PD can easily be sued.

At least she is going to Bayview and not a two week tune-up with Dr. Laura and come back refreshed from a spa vacation, just like Abigail.

Marlena talking to Ben about being a therapist? Does she really think he will want to go to University to get a PhD in psychiatry? He has improved as a human being, his therapy and medications are working, and he is starting to make some positive contributions as a member of society. He has a long way to go still.  Ben is a good example of someone who is working with the system, took getting well seriously and may make a difference in his life. Unless there is some misidentifying information about him, he will still carry the serial killer albatross around his neck. The Salem folks saw that he has the capacity to do good. That is a start. And given that half of Salem has committed some sort of serious crime or more, he's in a similar boat.

Victor, getting the plane ready to whisk Claire away will just make her a fugitive. Surely he doesn't have to hide the bourbon under the couch. All he needs is a locked cupboard or secret compartment in something.

Can't see Belle and Shawn sticking around much longer. Maybe a couple of months.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Yes Ben pursuing that makes sense but not Eric who's his mother's son and is someone people go to advice instead they made him a priest and neutered him in the process.😐

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Wow - it is really interesting to see so many Eve fans on this forum. I hate seeing how she has been inserted into so many stories and see NOTHING enjoyable or positive about her. I don't know this actress from anything else, so I can't attest to that. As others have said it is a horrible character and I guess she plays it well, but I will fast forward or not watch a show if I read that she is featured in it. I know that many villains are people you love to hate; however I just hate her character and that she has to suck up so much time. The only one who is as annoying as she is is Sarah. I hope she loses Jack (although that is not necessarily any kind of punishment) and her job and has to go to jail and is off my screen. She SHOULD feel guilty for putting her own personal vendetta, which only shows up when it suits her, ahead of getting help for a disturbed girl, who for some reason, trusted her.

KDP's version of Eve is vastly different than CR's version of Eve who was far superior and more complex.  As terrible as Eve is I get how she turned out that way being a teen hooker, hardened by life its not as if she became a bitch for no reason.

That being said KDP's version has no nuance to her the only time she really seemed human was when Paige was alive. As controversial as JJ/Eve were it was one of the better storylines for both characters they have fallen so far since.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I’m so tired of everyone being thrown under the bus for Ben and everyone kissing his ass and apologizing to him. I don’t need to see everyone fawning over him and telling him what a good guy he is.

You ask too much of this show slow and complex? Surely you jest. (this is sarcasm btw I do agree with you). 

Speaking of slow and complex I suggest Days watch Jack's redemption storyline he got repeatedly yelled at, hit etc by others for at least 2 years with self loathing every step of the way. Even when he got what he wanted (Jennifer) he still felt that his past would always haunt them(it did and should).

I'm so glad JJ/Ben barely interact he seems to be one of the few that unapologetically hates Ben.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Eli, you had better be conning Eve. There would be phone records from the Telco company

I'd be rooting for Eve to just get up and say "I thought the man who killed my daughter had ill intent for someone I've grown to care about and I called to warn her."  Because that's all that phone call said.  If they wanted a smoking gun, they should have said something like "I certainly hope you're not lighting another fire" or something a little more obvious.

The only way Ben becoming a therapist would be interesting is if he turned evil again and started manipulating his patients to wreak havoc on Salem.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I'd be rooting for Eve to just get up and say "I thought the man who killed my daughter had ill intent for someone I've grown to care about and I called to warn her."  Because that's all that phone call said.  If they wanted a smoking gun, they should have said something like "I certainly hope you're not lighting another fire" or something a little more obvious.

The only way Ben becoming a therapist would be interesting is if he turned evil again and started manipulating his patients to wreak havoc on Salem.

See? Him pulling the long con over people would make this a story worth watching.  Unfortunately though murder etc are treated as inconsequential these days so it really isn't as impactful as it once was.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 5
(edited)

Warning, Rant ahead.

Hope, Marlena and especially Ciara can go pound dirt.  What utter assholes all three of them were today.  I can't watch that self-satisfied mug of Ciara's without wishing she'd be getting a super swirly every hour on the hour, or worse, much worse.  So Hope feels guilty that she didn't pay enough attention to Claire, does she?  Well, she should.  And it's a lot of fucking nerve on her part to demonize Eve for being obsessed about Ben Weston since hasn't THAT been the ONLY thing Hope has been doing for the past year, at least?  

Marlena, just because you say things in a soft, modulated tone doesn't mean they're still not a pile of horseshit.  Ben would make a good therapist???  Really???  Maybe as good as you, because, Doc, right now, you really suck as both a therapist and a grandmother.  Like Hope, you just didn't have the time for Claire.  

I love KdP but Eve, not so much.  She's had her moments and her best moments have been with Claire.  Claire is related to the entire town and not ONE of her so-called family, from her great-grandparents, Doug, Julie, Victor, to her grandparents, Hope, Marlena, John, to those nitwit uncles like Eric and Brady and dipshit cousins like Sarah ever gave her a second glance.  The only one who even semi gave a crap was Eve so it's pretty damn rich for the crowd to be baying for her head when they should instead be silent with shame at their lack of caring until it was almost too late.  FOAD.

"How can Eve live with herself", Marlena, Hope, Ciara all ask, at the same time they're giving Ben a tongue bath.  What a disaster this show is.

Maybe they can all get together and buy Ben a new collection of neckties to make up for him being so badly treated by the mother of one of his victims.  Why, the NERVE of that woman.

The only ones onscreen today I could even stand to watch were John and Victor, their hypocrisy seemed bush league compared to the others.  And Belle and Shawn, who kept their attention on Claire, as they should have.  

UGH to them all.  Oh yeah, the cherry on top was Haley's return.  Could that actor take a damn lesson and stop reciting every line like she's being goosed?  It wouldn't hurt if she acted a little less entitled, either.  

ORK gave this episode way more than it deserved, I wish her the best. 

(ETA - While I don't think Ben Weston, serial killer extraordinare, is a viable character, I have a soft spot for RSW.  I remember him on the PP online reboot of AMC, raw to acting, eager and thrilled to be there and from all accounts a delight to work with and anxious to learn from the more experienced legacy actors.  They all spoke so well of him and he was charming about trying to learn.  I so wish Show hadn't saddled him with this character.)

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16

ORK last day........6 months ago. LOL!!!! She did a lot in 4 years but she bugged me mostly during her stay. Although, her last few months have been crazy fun. I think Tripp is next. With him going the only sort of young guy is JJ & he’s the vet of the youngins. They better bring in some new young blood. This is a soap after all. Are there any kids that can be SORAS’d by the end of summer? 

41 minutes ago, boes said:

I love KdP but Eve, not so much.  She's had her moments and her best moments have been with Claire.  Claire is related to the entire town and not ONE of her so-called family, from her great-grandparents, Doug, Julie, Victor, to her grandparents, Hope, Marlena, John, to those nitwit uncles like Eric and Brady and dipshit cousins like Sarah ever gave her a second glance.  The only one who even semi gave a crap was Eve so it's pretty damn rich for the crowd to be baying for her head when they should instead be silent with shame at their lack of caring until it was almost too late.  FOAD.

"How can Eve live with herself", Marlena, Hope, Ciara all ask, at the same time they're giving Ben a tongue bath.  What a disaster this show is.

I'm so torn on this because I disliked Hope, Marlena, and Ciara today for some of the same reasons as you, but I disagree that any of her family should be vilified for not spending time with Claire or that they should be grateful to Eve. Family members not spending time together seems to be an epidemic on this show and its mostly the writers' fault, but character-wise I'm not sure why Claire's family members should shoulder the blame for not spending time with her when Claire never reached out to any of them either. It would be one thing if we saw Claire trying to reach out to family and kept getting rebuffed, but she never did. The only thing she had time for was her social media followers and Tripp. Reaching out to family should be a two-way street. The only reason Eve and her spent any time together was that they were hatching schemes. Yes, they had a few nice scenes together, but Eve mostly used Claire for her own purposes. She knew Claire had tried to murder several people and said nothing to anyone in her family. And, yet Eve has the nerve to get on her high horse and act like she and Jack believe in law & order and get in anyone's face who calls them out on their bullshit. I have no issue with Claire's family being upset with Eve.

Though I do have an issue with, especially Ciara and Marlena, palling around with Ben and yet saying things like Eve deserves to rot in hell or that somehow she deserves jail time but Ben is free and clear after killing 4 people (Will is only alive by some miracle.) There should be some level of compassion and understanding of why Eve hates Ben so much. She may not have Ben's handy mental illness excuse (BTW one thing I've always wondered what exactly was Ben's diagnosis? People just refer to him as having been mentally ill but I don't know if he had an actual disorder) but that doesn't mean she doesn't have reasons for the awful things she's done. They can be mad at her for her behavior with Claire without acting like she's the antichrist. And, it pains me to say this because I do want to see Eve get her comeuppance but the way the show is going about it by basically having people actually taking Ben's side over hers is not working.

Also, knowing now that DH is pretty much the reason RSW/Ben is back watching scenes like today with Marlena practically kissing Ben's ass just makes me wish DH would just make-out with him in her private time or adopt him into her family if she is that in love with him. Those scenes just seem like throwing Marlena and Ben in scenes together just because DH likes the actor not because it makes sense storyline-wise. I get that Marlena is a psychiatrist and believes that mentally ill people can heal but given how much she loves Will there is no way she should be so buddy-buddy with Will's attempted murderer.

• Love 9

As far as I am concerned? Claire's family not reaching out was supposedly to give Not!Eve! a "softer side", and if Claire's family members have to look like assholes to service Ron's pets, oh well.

I will agree, however, that it is beyond gross how SERIAL KILLER! has almost saint status. Maybe Marlena should get with him and free John. (Yes, Drake H. is no Olivier, damn it. But he survived just fine with the ladies when Doc was thought dead. And I bet he would be okay again.)

This show is just...UGH!

• Love 7
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Instead we only get to see them together for the same old hospital elevator exit. How many times have we seen this already? We saw it with Paul... now Claire...who else?

I forgot about Paul's exit scenes.  Maybe that's why watching yesterday it felt like deja vu.

I did enjoy the episode yesterday. Though it did make me see, yet again, why Belle and Shawn should be on the show.

8 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

KDP's version of Eve is vastly different than CR's version of Eve who was far superior and more complex.

For me, KDP,, is just playing a character named "Eve", and not the same character CR played.

7 hours ago, boes said:

(ETA - While I don't think Ben Weston, serial killer extraordinare, is a viable character, I have a soft spot for RSW.  I remember him on the PP online reboot of AMC, raw to acting, eager and thrilled to be there and from all accounts a delight to work with and anxious to learn from the more experienced legacy actors.  They all spoke so well of him and he was charming about trying to learn.  I so wish Show hadn't saddled him with this character.)

I so wish Show hadn't made him the Serial Killer. It should have been Daniel, who they got rid of shortly after, and even "foreshadowed" as the killer in that scene when he was creepily looming over a sleeping/unconscious Marlena.

• Love 9
(edited)
11 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Wow - it is really interesting to see so many Eve fans on this forum. I hate seeing how she has been inserted into so many stories and see NOTHING enjoyable or positive about her. I don't know this actress from anything else, so I can't attest to that. As others have said it is a horrible character and I guess she plays it well, but I will fast forward or not watch a show if I read that she is featured in it. I know that many villains are people you love to hate; however I just hate her character and that she has to suck up so much time. 

I’m not an Eve fan for many of the reasons you’ve stated. I’ve also never seen KdP in another role and so unfortunately I have no residual good feelings toward her. I strongly dislike her version of Eve, which to me lacks the warmth and vulnerability CR brought to the role. And she seems to be on 24/7 which makes it worse.

Even as a Ben fan, the “good guys” and “therapist” comments were a WTF for me. For Claire I put it down to a mix of being overly nice because she’d basically framed him, and meds. Well, mostly the meds. Marlena... wanting to validate that she made the right professional decision to approve his release? Yeh, no. No good explanation on that one. I’m starting to think maybe she does have a crush on him. She seemed almost giggly when he complimented her. 

I much preferred Tripp’s “that’s all you’ll get”. Begrudging acknowledgement that Ben wasn’t the bad guy in this instance is enough. The guy is not, nor ever will be a saint. 

I also enjoyed the Victor/John scenes. For me this story has improved since it brought in more characters - namely the families. JA and DH have a great chemistry and it’s so good to see different characters interacting. Long may it continue. 

Edited by BoldDays
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Instead we only get to see them together for the same old hospital elevator exit. How many times have we seen this already? We saw it with Paul... now Claire...who else?

Theo.

I really can't take this Ben shit anymore. I really can't.

Same. I just have to fast forward anything involving him or Ciara at this point. 

12 hours ago, tribeca said:

I hope Eve gets away with everything. 

100%. And I mean I'm sure she will, but I bet everyone still treats her like shit for it while they continue to deify Ben. 

• Love 5

Claire’s always been alone.  Even when her boyfriend was shot the only one really there for her was Tripp.  I can understand why she didn’t reach out to her family members. 

• Love 5

Excellent rant, @boes -- I also kept thinking, where were you all when Claire really needed you? And yes, why is Marlena all googly eyed and goofy with Ben? Yuck. Although I have a little soft spot for RSW as well given that we're old acquaintances from meeting at the airport last February, haha. He seemed very genuinely nice in real life and eager-to-please. Probably still grateful for his opportunities like a good guy would be. But I can't stand this thing with Ciara!

Interesting to me also was the contrast between Claire's sorrowful and dignified trip to Bayview vs. Abigail's crazy train ride there. I really like Abigail, but Claire's sad acceptance of her fate was very striking. I never saw Abby ambivalent in the slightest and she also set someone on fire, lol. Oy. 

Now to Eve. I hate this character now and I loved, loved her originally. I think it was @CanaryFan98 above who talked about the contrast between CR's Eve and present-day Eve, and I've complained about it probably too often. But to me she's just another character -- there is nothing of the original Eve left at this point. Which is a shame because she was so beautifully drawn and acted by Charlotte Ross back then. Sure, KDP had a nice scene with Claire and seems authentically remorseful, but that's due to KDP not the script, I'm sure. 

• Love 11
(edited)
13 hours ago, boes said:

Warning, Rant ahead.

Hope, Marlena and especially Ciara can go pound dirt.  What utter assholes all three of them were today.  I can't watch that self-satisfied mug of Ciara's without wishing she'd be getting a super swirly every hour on the hour, or worse, much worse.  So Hope feels guilty that she didn't pay enough attention to Claire, does she?  Well, she should.  And it's a lot of fucking nerve on her part to demonize Eve for being obsessed about Ben Weston since hasn't THAT been the ONLY thing Hope has been doing for the past year, at least?  

Marlena, just because you say things in a soft, modulated tone doesn't mean they're still not a pile of horseshit.  Ben would make a good therapist???  Really???  Maybe as good as you, because, Doc, right now, you really suck as both a therapist and a grandmother.  Like Hope, you just didn't have the time for Claire.  

Maybe they can all get together and buy Ben a new collection of neckties to make up for him being so badly treated by the mother of one of his victims.  Why, the NERVE of that woman.

The only ones onscreen today I could even stand to watch were John and Victor, their hypocrisy seemed bush league compared to the others.  And Belle and Shawn, who kept their attention on Claire, as they should have.  

UGH to them all.  Oh yeah, the cherry on top was Haley's return.  Could that actor take a damn lesson and stop reciting every line like she's being goosed?  It wouldn't hurt if she acted a little less entitled, either.  

ORK gave this episode way more than it deserved, I wish her the best. 

Today's show was just as nauseating. Way too much Ben and Ciara centric and their so-called guilt over Claire. And get this! Ben took issue with Eve trashing Hope at the news conference. Oh yeah, old Ben will have an ornament on the Horton tree this Christmas.

Edited by Sidney
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Eve and Jacks press conference seems like a good plan.  

I am rooting for the bad guys now. 

Also Hope is really full of herself.   At least Rex was suspicious because his moms text didn’t sound like her. 

• Love 7