Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I have mixed feelings about Cin. Trying to redeem a serial killer is pretty ridiculous, but I am a fan of the actor.

If you've ever known an innocent kid or young adult who was murdered and the horrendous pain the mother goes through, you completely understand Eve. Is framing Ben still wrong? Yes. But I agree that that alone doesn't really make Eve evil to me. I totally get that it makes her furious when she sees Ben running around living life, and her child, who'd never hurt anybody, will never get to. I was a big Paige fan. I thought she was adorable and a sweet girl who was hurt over and over (including by her own mother and the one boy she ever loved) until she suffered a senseless young death. Why we can't have more characters to root for is beyond me. All my friends were Paige fans and hated that she was killed off. 

I didn't care for Paige myself and  the actress that played her didn't help as I didn't think she was that good(if someone else played the role...) that being said considering all the younger female characters that came after her I did appreciate her in retrospect.  She was an inherently decent person which is considered boring in today's soap. She at least had goals in life that went beyond a guy she was interested in she wanted to be a doctor. She also had a relationship with her mom and a BFF. Something the younger female characters don't have today. They are either fixated on the guy they are with, want to be with or end up crazy(Claire is all the above at this point) with no other existence beyond that. Young females were more progressive in the 80s/90s compared to now.

I get Eve I just think this story falls flat because we're getting this story now as opposed to when she returned to Salem. Her revenge should've been fucking up Ben's life every chance she got not some lame attempt at revenge vs Jennifer and the stupid immigration storyline. I think it was intentional though so Ben would be sympathetic being railroaded by a MAGA bitch.😒

• Love 6

Tripp is dripping in blood but still alive? Is Claire using a butter knife? That said, it was intense. I’m looking forward to see where they are on Monday. Horton Square getting a hamburger. I thought the JJ scenes was a dream. It seemed too unreal that Haley is home happy as a clam. 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Tripp is dripping in blood but still alive? Is Claire using a butter knife? That said, it was intense. I’m looking forward to see where they are on Monday. Horton Square getting a hamburger. I thought the JJ scenes was a dream. It seemed too unreal that Haley is home happy as a clam. 

Well everything about this immigration story is unreal.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Yeah Gabi seems to constantly be dressed more appropriately for a club or working the corner. I agree she has the figure for it, but it just looks so silly. They could also show off her body in stuff that’s more casual if that’s the whole point. How about all those beautiful spring and summer dresses? Or a cute little top with a denim skirt or shorts? It’s the girls’ night out/woman of the night thing that I don’t get. I haven’t noticed Chloe wearing clubby/hookery dresses that often, but I agree that she does show cleavage a lot.

They dressed Gabi this way because that is their way of saying she some kind of fashionista ever since she started with Gabi Chic. Contrast to the clothing that she used to wear when she was working at the Pub or even starting as a model. The show cannot afford high fashion so they decided club clothing translates that same concept.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I didn't care for Paige myself and  the actress that played her didn't help as I didn't think she was that good(if someone else played the role...) that being said considering all the younger female characters that came after her I did appreciate her in retrospect.  She was an inherently decent person which is considered boring in today's soap. She at least had goals in life that went beyond a guy she was interested in she wanted to be a doctor. She also had a relationship with her mom and a BFF. Something the younger female characters don't have today. They are either fixated on the guy they are with, want to be with or end up crazy(Claire is all the above at this point) with no other existence beyond that. Young females were more progressive in the 80s/90s compared to now.

I guess that's why I liked her. There can only be so many villains imo. I also don't like the idea of redeeming serial killers, despite being a RSW fan and not exactly the biggest Cin hater. 

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

They dressed Gabi this way because that is their way of saying she some kind of fashionista ever since she started with Gabi Chic. Contrast to the clothing that she used to wear when she was working at the Pub or even starting as a model. The show cannot afford high fashion so they decided club clothing translates that same concept.

You're probably right that's where they're going with it, but I'm not a fan. A true fashionista would most definitely not dress like Gabi, and so many of the other characters dress nicer imo, so the limited budget isn't a good excuse for me. I don't expect Gabi dressed in clothes that cost thousands of dollars, just appropriate for whatever she is doing in each scene. I shop a lot at the same stores the Days stylists shops at, and places that are even more affordable. I've even found beautiful things in thrift shops. I've been called a "fashionista" and get tons of compliments on my style all the time. The right jeans, cute top, and heels can look very chic. I don't need a special occasion to wear a dress, but day to day, I don't go walking around in short bodycon dresses with cut-outs. It looks ridiculous no matter how good you look in them. 

• Love 1

@Stella Rose -- lol! I scrutinized that video for LK  -- a backup singer, maybe? --then my brain unfroze and I looked at her outfit and hair and yeah, I see what you mean! Not a great lip sync job, there, Helen. That song brought me back to early high school. where I didn't need to go : ) 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

😞  So sad to see that in print. Facts.

After revisiting that RSW article where he mentions Queen Dee going to bat for him and how much of a fan she is it makes me wonder if the writers purposely have had Marlena more involved with Ben than her own granddaughter.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I guess that's why I liked her. There can only be so many villains imo. I also don't like the idea of redeeming serial killers, despite being a RSW fan and not exactly the biggest Cin hater. 

You're probably right that's where they're going with it, but I'm not a fan. A true fashionista would most definitely not dress like Gabi, and so many of the other characters dress nicer imo, so the limited budget isn't a good excuse for me. I don't expect Gabi dressed in clothes that cost thousands of dollars, just appropriate for whatever she is doing in each scene. I shop a lot at the same stores the Days stylists shops at, and places that are even more affordable. I've even found beautiful things in thrift shops. I've been called a "fashionista" and get tons of compliments on my style all the time. The right jeans, cute top, and heels can look very chic. I don't need a special occasion to wear a dress, but day to day, I don't go walking around in short bodycon dresses with cut-outs. It looks ridiculous no matter how good you look in them. 

I heard some actors get to choose their wardrobe which would explain Kate's outfits...

• Love 2
6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I heard some actors get to choose their wardrobe which would explain Kate's outfits...

I wondered how much of what we see is the actor’s personal taste. I guess Camila is young. lol I cringe looking at some of the things I wore just a few years ago. 

• Love 2
On 6/29/2019 at 2:29 AM, sweetautumn said:

Sarah should tell Xander straight up: " You know it takes more than a piece of jewelry to earn my trust."  

The writers need to pump the brakes with these two. 

A well written soap would have Sarah resist Xander's overtures and fight every step of the way for a good 6 months then start to soften a bit with him then it would be a few more months after that till they jump in the sack. After that she finds out Xander's not so ethical intentions and fight with him some more then eventually he wears her down.

That won't happen here though the show will find a way to ruin this which is why chemistry really doesn't matter in pairings anymore the stories aren't that good.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/30/2019 at 9:26 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

I get Eve I just think this story falls flat because we're getting this story now as opposed to when she returned to Salem. Her revenge should've been fucking up Ben's life every chance she got not some lame attempt at revenge vs Jennifer and the stupid immigration storyline. I think it was intentional though so Ben would be sympathetic being railroaded by a MAGA bitch.😒

I wasn’t a Paige fan either but it is the second part of your post that is why the “Eve gets her revenge” story is falling flat for me. I am a Ben and Cin fan (I know I shouldn’t be, but I pretty much check my morals at the door when I watch soaps and just enjoy the stories and actors that draw me in) but I would have been more than happy for Eve to make Ben’s life hell. He absolutely deserves it and she’s absolutely justified. However she only seems to remember her daughter and what Ben did when she sees him. In comparison she decided that Jennifer and a random illegal immigrant were what her life’s mission should be about. So I just can’t with her. That said, I do enjoy the scenes between her and RSW - it’s the only time I find KdP’s Eve shows vulnerability. Otherwise I can’t connect with KdP as Eve, as for me she lacks that vulnerability - and therefore complexity - that the originalEve had. 

I have a totally random question that is starting to really bug me. Where the hell is Holly? I thought Xander had her, but between living at the DiMera mansion, hitting on Sarah, becoming besties with Maggie, conspiring with Kristole, and keeping two prisoners, I’m wondering how he has the time to keep tabs on a toddler. Did he ship her off somewhere?!? 

Edited by BoldDays
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, BoldDays said:

I am a Ben and Cin fan (I know I shouldn’t be, but I pretty much check my morals at the door when I watch soaps and just enjoy the stories and actors that draw me in)

I feel exactly as you do when I watch soaps. Take it for what it is and don't get overly emotional about it.

I have a totally random question that is starting to really bug me. Where the hell is Holly?

With that said, maybe the "real" Nicole is still alive...and Holly is with her mother.

Edited by MsTree
  • Love 4

I always find it odd and limiting when people say women like Gabi who wear revealing clothes are dressing like a hooker or a street worker. Some women like to show off their body by wearing thigh clothing because it makes them feel good. There is no shame in that and I don’t think they deserved to be name called for it. Just goes with the thinking of “she was asking for it” in my opinion. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, BoldDays said:

I have a totally random question that is starting to really bug me. Where the hell is Holly? I thought Xander had her, but between living at the DiMera mansion, hitting on Sarah, becoming besties with Maggie, conspiring with Kristole, and keeping two prisoners, I’m wondering how he has the time to keep tabs on a toddler. Did he ship her off somewhere?!? 

They sent Holly away to a "new family." Presumably, Kristen and Xander know where she is.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, plurie said:

They sent Holly away to a "new family." Presumably, Kristen and Xander know where she is.

Thanks Plurie! Clearly I wasn’t paying attention 🙂

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MsTree said:

I feel exactly as you do when I watch soaps. Take it for what it is and don't get overly emotional about it.

With that said, maybe the "real" Nicole is still alive...and Holly is with her mother.

Wait! I hadn't even thought that Nicole isn't alive since Kristen is playing her. So, Nicole could actually still be dead. Why didn't I realize that?!?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

I always find it odd and limiting when people say women like Gabi who wear revealing clothes are dressing like a hooker or a street worker. Some women like to show off their body by wearing thigh clothing because it makes them feel good. There is no shame in that and I don’t think they deserved to be name called for it. Just goes with the thinking of “she was asking for it” in my opinion. 

Hmmm. Can't argue with that! I think that she wears the outfits "to work" is part of the issue, but I'm not in the fashion industry. If she wore those dresses to my place of employment -- a stuffy, stodgy old firm in Boston -- she'd be bounced out the door :)

• Love 4
(edited)

I know I'm supposed to have all of this sympathy for Ciara and her plight but I don't.  I thought Mansi was bad at generating any sort of warmth or compassion but man, VK has made her Ciara as unpleasant as Abs--seriously, who sneers at someone holding you at knife point?  Most people would be working to win their captive over but not Miss Ciara Brady, she's going to bully her niece to the end. 

Perhaps the show wants us to forget but Ciara's entire purpose for coming to Salem was to blame Claire for what happened to Theo while also convincing Theo to dump Claire and come back to her.  Then when Theo left town, Ciara decided to enter the magazine contest just so she could ruin it for Claire, so yes, Ciara's life purpose was Claire's destruction.  Then the writers pulled a 180 and they decided Ciara really loved Claire and Claire's now the bad guy.  

Of course Claire's setting two fires and attempting to kill people is horrible but ORK has managed to keep her Claire realistically human and not a monster.  Her genuine confusion over the things she's done and the people she's hurt, coupled with her growing anger at her feeling as though her aunt's constantly besting her is fascinating to watch.

It's been a long time coming but this storyline is wrapping up in a suitably soapy way.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Hmmm. Can't argue with that! I think that she wears the outfits "to work" is part of the issue, but I'm not in the fashion industry. If she wore those dresses to my place of employment -- a stuffy, stodgy old firm in Boston -- she'd be bounced out the door 🙂

Yes that’s exactly it. It’s not that Gabi is showing off on a night out on the town or even wearing sexy day dresses. She wears provocative clothes that don’t go with the occasion. And like I said, people in the fashion industry don’t dress like Gabi either. I wouldn’t expect a young pretty girl like Gabi to walk around dressed in pant suits all the time as if she’s heading to work in a stuffy office, just not like she’s straight out of Windsor’s section of little dresses. 

For the record, I see nothing wrong with tastefully showing off your body at the appropriate time and place, and I know Days likes to have some sex appeal with both male and female characters. If we were judging and name calling someone for daring to dress sexy out on a date or wearing a bikini to a pool, that would be different than judging a Days character who has wardrobe full of clothes that never suit the occasion. I said myself if the point is to show off the figure of the actress, they could do that with more casual clothing. It’s just the fact she looks like she’s on her way to a club in the middle of the day. We discussed that Chloe shows off a lot of cleavage, but I do personally think her clothes look more like a woman who’s proud of her body than a bad wardrobe department/taste imo. Her attire doesn’t look as clubby. As someone who’s been assaulted when I’ve been out dressed in various states, I would NEVER say a woman is asking for it by dressing provocatively. I can’t speak for anyone else who’s not a fan of her clothes, but for me it’s no deeper than a fictional character with a poor wardrobe. YMMV.

• Love 8
(edited)
15 hours ago, BoldDays said:

I assumed, based on the dialogue, that Holly was being looked after by someone else off-screen AKA Nicole.

I'm betting that when the real Nicole surfaces, she'll explain that Xander agreed to reunite her with her daughter so long as they didn't try to escape their imprisonment.

Of course the show hasn't admitted that the real Nicole is still alive somewhere, so I can understand your confusion. I don't think Xander ever said anything about permanently taking care of Holly in Salem.

15 hours ago, BoldDays said:
Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Of course the show hasn't admitted that the real Nicole is still alive somewhere, so I can understand your confusion. I don't think Xander ever said anything about permanently taking care of Holly in Salem.

After the crash, Xander had Holly in his hotel room and - in a scene we didn't see - handed her off to someone - and later told Ted that she was "on her way to her new family".  I'm pretty sure fakeKirsten said the same thing to Xander when they were talking about it.  Based on that, I doubt the "new family" includes Nicole.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I know I'm supposed to have all of this sympathy for Ciara and her plight but I don't.  I thought Mansi was bad at generating any sort of warmth or compassion but man, VK has made her Ciara as unpleasant as Abs--seriously, who sneers at someone holding you at knife point?  Most people would be working to win their captive over but not Miss Ciara Brady, she's going to bully her niece to the end. 

Perhaps the show wants us to forget but Ciara's entire purpose for coming to Salem was to blame Claire for what happened to Theo while also convincing Theo to dump Claire and come back to her.  Then when Theo left town, Ciara decided to enter the magazine contest just so she could ruin it for Claire, so yes, Ciara's life purpose was Claire's destruction.  Then the writers pulled a 180 and they decided Ciara really loved Claire and Claire's now the bad guy.  

Of course Claire's setting two fires and attempting to kill people is horrible but ORK has managed to keep her Claire realistically human and not a monster.  Her genuine confusion over the things she's done and the people she's hurt, coupled with her growing anger at her feeling as though her aunt's constantly besting her is fascinating to watch.

It's been a long time coming but this storyline is wrapping up in a suitably soapy way.

So much yes to this post. I mean, Ciara is held hostage so regularly she needs to add it to her CV, yet she thinks trash talking her captor and constantly giving the stink eye will stop her getting killed? I usually am ok with Ciara, but after today I get why others find her entitled, including Claire. And she was totally unconvincing when she said that if Claire let her go, she’d get her the help she needed. I’m thinking - no you’ll turn on her the second you’re back in Salem. I hope they use Claire’s hatred of her as an opportunity for self-reflection and a recognition that she needs to work on herself and her issues - to be fair she’s had a pretty screwed up life - but I highly doubt it.

For me, ORK has done an entertaining job with this story. I appreciate actors who are all in, even when the storyline is a WTF, and she was very good today. She’s walked the line between angry, vulnerable and cray cray well. 

I hope to hell we never see that damn Cabin again.

Edited by BoldDays
  • Love 11

Is Rex really that naive? Is Sarah that naive?

Why is Ciara telling these truths to Claire? Does she think it will make Claire change her mind about kidnapping her and tying her up?

Kristen should know all about coming back from the dead.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Wow, Claire is really strong.  She overpowers both Trip and Ciara, and carts off Ciara.  Also, Ciara and Trip are to stupid to live.

That's one of the reasons I have no sympathy lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I assumed, based on the dialogue, that Holly was being looked after by someone else off-screen AKA Nicole.

I'm betting that when the real Nicole surfaces, she'll explain that Xander agreed to reunite her with her daughter so long as they didn't try to escape their imprisonment.

I thought Kristen mentioned Nicole being alive awhile back, but maybe I’m remembering wrong.

4 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Wow, Claire is really strong.  She overpowers both Trip and Ciara, and carts off Ciara.  Also, Ciara and Trip are to stupid to live.

She must have the same workout routine as Gabi who just a few months ago managed to drag a pregnant Abigail form the K mansion to the Dimera mansion.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

Not really sure how I'm saying she's asking for it considering I never made any mention of her deserving to be raped etc. I just don't take her or anyone seriously when they wear inappropriate clothing and expect to be taken seriously as a business woman etc. I mean remember when Xander was prancing around half naked everywhere? He has the body for it but hatred aside why would Victor take him seriously for Titan when he doesn't take himself seriously with the clothes he wears. 

I find it too try hard on their part. If you're really secure you would leave a little to the imagination.

• Love 4

Only the first half hour recorded today. Must have been an interruption in the area.

I did enjoy Claire explaining to Ciara why she hated her.

At least Marlena called Hope and not Eve. Hope may hate Ben but she would want him in prison on charges that would stick.

Sarah, accepting an expensive necklace seems a bit odd. Xander could have simply give you and Rex a gift card for some chain shop to buy yourself furniture, accessories, etc. for your new home.

• Love 4

And even if she accepted it to acknowledge that he’d helped Will (yeh, right 🙄), why the hell wear it out to dinner with your brand new husband? It is nonsensical. But I’ve given up trying to understand Sarah’s decisions when it comes to her love life. 

• Love 7

Maybe Sarah Horton still lives in the olden days.

She has unresolved feelings for her now husband's brother. However, the brother is hung up on the now resurrected love of his life, who was conveniently dead for a while, but now has apparently returned, and he doesn't know that it is not really his ex great love, but an imposter! He is also conflicted about having feelings for his brother's fiancé, er, now coffee break wife.

So Sarah Horton marries her cheating fiancé who has a child with a former girlfriend of out obligation and that there weren't many options in front of her, and what would her family think of her if she stayed single.  Plus, she had a nice wedding dress in the closet that she has yet to wear. Maybe it can be converted to a more wearable cocktail dress. And oh yeah, there is a hunky Australian bad boy who she connects with, but he's totally unsuitable for a woman of her privileged upbringing. But she finds attractive.

Like Goldilocks and the Three Bears but maybe she just needs to choose herself until someone with a little less baggage comes along.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Umm, okay.......The Burning Bed, take 4, this time starring Ron Carlivati's rehashed Natalie and Jessica rivalry from OLTL, reincarnated with Ciara and Claire.  This time, Ron C. didn't go to the DID well to create conflict, he just decided to make Claire nuts.

The man hasn't had a new idea in decades.  

Oh wait, I guess the new(ish) twist is that the saviour of the day will be a serial killer, yay!  Why, if he hadn't successfully murdered 4 people - shame about that one who came back to life, I guess - Salem wouldn't be so blessed as they are now to have him in their midst.

Rex was unusually smart today, Ted was unusually funny today, Kirsten was as annoying as usual today, as was Tripp.  

Gee, I wonder if the Scooby Gang will get to the cabin in time to save Ciara, do you think they will???  I'm just on the edge of my seat, wondering 😒

Oh puhhhhhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.............

• LOL 6
  • Love 10

Sadly, if Ben Weston wasn't a convicted serial killer, he might actually make a decent police officer. The redemption angle would work better if the real Ben Weston was held captive somewhere and this one is wearing a Nicole type mask.

• Love 7

ORK reminds me of Cynthia Watros' Annie Dutton, in that she can flip from sympathetic to vicious at a moment's notice.  She's acting circles around her co-stars.  

The show caught me off guard when they actually injected a rare bit of humor into the Kate and Ted scenes.  

Kristin's return is moving at an odd pace, as we already have two characters that had to be "disposed of" because they go too close to her secret but she's yet to make any real progress with Brady or at DiMera.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, boes said:

Rex was unusually smart today, Ted was unusually funny today ...

I agree with both and I very much enjoyed both sets of scenes for these reasons.

9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

ORK reminds me of Cynthia Watros' Annie Dutton, in that she can flip from sympathetic to vicious at a moment's notice.  She's acting circles around her co-stars.

+1. She's been killing this story. I never really expected her to be this good. And thank goodness she's doing so well because otherwise this story would be completely unwatchable.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

If I was Ciara, once I survive the Kidnap Kabin, I'd go back and bulldoze it.  Seriously, that bed is just GROSS.  I need antibiotics just seeing it again. And I think Kate just went ahead and stocked the Dimera dungeon with champagne prior to this latest life-threatening drama.

Is there ANYONE in Salem who hasn't murdered/attempted murder/accidentally murdered?  As they set up Claire for the White Jacket versus Jail, I just shake my head.

Speaking of CrazyCakes - ORK IS bringing the goods!  I SWEAR I saw Topo Gigio (yes @boes - Tripp's gonna keep that moniker in my head FOREVER) smiling at ORK when she had the knife to his throat.  And I guiltily enjoyed the cathartic screamfest between she and Ciara.  Ciara makes Claire look sympathetic.  

Plotonium plot filler note:  Ciara woke up after being knocked out.  So I imagine Tripp tried to fight off, fell and hit his head, Ciara ran to him, and Claire bonked her on the head (maybe there was a frying pan nearby).  But that's how Claire 'captured' Ciara. No earthly clue how she transported her to the car.  In broad daylight

Other plots:
That necklace is worth at least $1M -- I'm thinking Ted stole it in the first place.
I think Xander IS being set up for redemption.  But I think he's going to fail.
I'm ready for Kristin to be discovered.
Eve's downfall will be the failure to send someone after the 911 call.  Eli remembers and it'll all come out when they find Kate and I suspect a maybe a Dead Ted.  (I have no spoilers here ... I'm just spitballing here that with Hope busy saving Ciara, Ted is going to have to take a bullet to save Kate -- thus redeeming himself a bit).  
NGL, I completely buy the chemistry between Gabi/Stefan now.  I know I shouldn't but I do.

On the Gabi dressing note: I think Gabi looks fabulous but it's not work wear.  And she would know it.  I'm going with "trying on her own fashion line to see how it wears under various conditions" as my plotonium choice.  But I also smell the whiff of disrespectful treatment for the Latina woman. I can hear a Victor insult as I type.  That shit needs to stop.   

Finally, Haley's remarkable return via a corrupt politician (Melinda BOUGHT his attention?) - well that's disheartening.  

I find I have to ignore a shit-ton of morally suspect decisions on a weekly basis to watch the show.  

• Love 11
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 4:58 PM, Silver Raven said:

You can't survive in Salem if you don't like clam chowder, I think it must be required.

I wonder if this is why we see the Brady Pub filled (well, half-full, really) mostly with people who are related to Caroline? Maybe no one else actually likes the infamous chowder?

"The Brady Pub: Where you're treated like family. Because you are!"

"The Brady Pub: It's not just a name -- it's the entrance requirement!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I am just blown away by ORK. What a performance and I am still team Claire and I don't give a damn about Cin.  Why couldn't we get Marlena/Claire scenes throughout the years. What a shame! This show never takes advantage of the relationships on the show to give stories depth. Marlena is always at her best when she is in doctor mode or with her grandkids. It reminds me why she captivated the viewers back in the day and became the lead heroine on the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

ORK gives yet another stellar performance with some good assists from Ben, Marlena and Hope and I especially loved Marlena's hugging Claire after she agreed to let Ciara go.  Then we had Claire's superbly played realization that she's can't go back after all of the things she's done and she sits on the bed.--Marlena's startled reaction when Claire opened the lighter was well done--and Claire's despair over her actions, especially her trying to kill people she loved was just heart-breaking.  Great work just all around.

And I loved Shawn's yelling at Tripp about his and Ciara's stupid plan to ambush an already angry person was excellent--Go Shawn D!

• Love 12

Today was excellent. It would have been perfect except for the nauseating Rafe/Carrie stuff. A great end to the stupid never ending fire story. Everyone really brought it but OKR, wow! Today and yesterday were emmy reels for her. I also loved Jack finally growing a pair and Shawn lashing out at dumbass Tripp.

• Love 6

Glad this stupid story line is FINALLY over but must have at least a little snark.  When they were begging Claire to open the door, I kept seeing that there were literally HOLES in the back of the cabin.  Seriously, someone couldn't have simply walked around back and pushed the charred wood out of the way?  How is that door the only thing still there (except for the bed that will never die)?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
40 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

So Austin and Carrie have split up again?  Go be boring with Rafe, Carrie.  I wonder how the writers will try to blame this on Sami?

The show has had no clue on how to write for Carrie after Sherry left in the 90's. so why should Ron actually read up on her history before her rivalry with Sami to actually give her good writing based on her long history with the show.

Why couldn't Carrie be with Marlena, Hope or Shawn-Douglas as Claire unraveled. How about some scenes between Carrie and Wilson. My goodness, Carrie helped raised Will or some scenes between Carrie and Arianna. How about Carrie speak about her son Noah with John, a man who was her dad. Perhaps, Carrie can speak to her baby brother Eric who she helped raise with John. No, Carrie has to be with Rafe.. Rafe is the new Daniel..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
41 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Seriously, someone couldn't have simply walked around back and pushed the charred wood out of the way?  How is that door the only thing still there (except for the bed that will never die)?

Ahh that would have been too easy! Of course we had to see SuperBen be all badass kicking in the door so he can save Ciara for the umteempth time.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

So Rafe wondered what might have happened between them if Carrie hadn't left town?  Was that the two seconds prior to him being back in the Sami/EJ drama, having sex with Kate, getting involved with Jordan, having sex with Kate, getting involved with Hope, having sex with Sami, marrying Hope, yeah Carrie Rafe spent a lot of time pining away for you {face palm}.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10