Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, Sidney said:

Today's show was just as nauseating. Way too much Ben and Ciara centric and their so-called guilt over Claire. And get this! Ben took issue with Eve trashing Hope at the news conference. Oh yeah, old Ben will have an ornament on the Horton tree this Christmas.

I'm a Cin fan, so don't hate all the screen time they're getting, but as I was watching today, I realized they've become the new Chabby.  

And about the Christmas ornament, here's a Tweet from last week, where Rob replied to one from Ron. Probably a joke.  Or not.  Either way, Christmas 2019 scenes have already been filmed. 🎄

image.png.4d06ba3a4270ca0633c7eb12329e683e.png

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I'm a Cin fan, so don't hate all the screen time they're getting, but as I was watching today, I realized they've become the new Chabby.  

And about the Christmas ornament, here's a Tweet from last week, where Rob replied to one from Ron. Probably a joke.  Or not.  Either way, Christmas 2019 scenes have already been filmed. 🎄

image.png.4d06ba3a4270ca0633c7eb12329e683e.png

Oh, boy. LOL.

• Love 3
(edited)

See that scene with Victor and Ciara would have made me like her more (or is it hate her less?)

Wish they'd leave stuff like that in.

And before I forget, were the two girls ever really in Salem at the same time as children? It was my understanding that Claire grew up on a boat at sea with her parents.

I hate it when writers retcon character's relationships just to suit the tone of a scene. Listening to Claire and Ciara wax poetic about all of their good times together as kids makes me feel they're doing just that.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

She may not have Ben's handy mental illness excuse (BTW one thing I've always wondered what exactly was Ben's diagnosis? People just refer to him as having been mentally ill but I don't know if he had an actual disorder) but that doesn't mean she doesn't have reasons for the awful things she's done. They can be mad at her for her behavior with Claire without acting like she's the antichrist. And, it pains me to say this because I do want to see Eve get her comeuppance but the way the show is going about it by basically having people actually taking Ben's side over hers is not working.

They never gave it a name  just that he takes a magic pill and boom he's cured...

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Excellent rant, @boes -- I also kept thinking, where were you all when Claire really needed you? And yes, why is Marlena all googly eyed and goofy with Ben? Yuck. Although I have a little soft spot for RSW as well given that we're old acquaintances from meeting at the airport last February, haha. He seemed very genuinely nice in real life and eager-to-please. Probably still grateful for his opportunities like a good guy would be. But I can't stand this thing with Ciara!

Interesting to me also was the contrast between Claire's sorrowful and dignified trip to Bayview vs. Abigail's crazy train ride there. I really like Abigail, but Claire's sad acceptance of her fate was very striking. I never saw Abby ambivalent in the slightest and she also set someone on fire, lol. Oy. 

Now to Eve. I hate this character now and I loved, loved her originally. I think it was @CanaryFan98 above who talked about the contrast between CR's Eve and present-day Eve, and I've complained about it probably too often. But to me she's just another character -- there is nothing of the original Eve left at this point. Which is a shame because she was so beautifully drawn and acted by Charlotte Ross back then. Sure, KDP had a nice scene with Claire and seems authentically remorseful, but that's due to KDP not the script, I'm sure. 

Abby has always been smug and entitled but like Ciara she's the anointed one. Claire not so much that and she's leaving the show Abby wasn't at the time. I think that's also a factor. 

I agree this Eve is nothing like CR's version who I loved despite the bad things she did because she was complex. This one not so much and for me its not so much I hate Eve as much as I think she's just terrible and not very interesting this time around. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

See that scene with Victor and Ciara would have made me like her more (or is it hate her less?)

Wish they'd leave stuff like that in.

And before I forget, were the two girls ever really in Salem at the same time as children? It was my understanding that Claire grew up on a boat at sea with her parents.

I hate it when writers retcon character's relationships just to suit the tone of a scene. Listening to Claire and Ciara wax poetic about all of their good times together as kids makes me feel they're doing just that.

Godforbid Ciara have an existence outside of Ben....

No they weren't. Demon Child Ciara was with Theo most of the time and Allie too. ORK should've come on as Allie and not aged Claire it took a lot out of Shelle story wise with that move.

• Love 3

Eve, there is a better way to get justice than what you are doing. Be smarter than this. Ben had a witness on the speakerphone when you called him.

I don't think Ben had the spa treatment at the mental institution that Abs had with Grandma on a nice relaxing trip to say Cape Cod. Probably a lot of medication, various forms of therapy, addressing behaviours, etc. He may have done electroshock therapy - who knows. He has admitted he is flawed, which is a whole lot more than Abigail did after she did her treatment. Just a bad dream for her.

Does Salem PD or the Mayor's Office not let folks know who was arrested for the arsons?

Xander, Ted's necklace is the gift that goes round and round.

Stefan and Gabi, it's very hard to find a suitable space for any sort of event on basically no notice. Events like this should be planned weeks in advance. Space rentals, any sort of items needed like tables/chairs/cocktail tables, catering, liquor license, ordering alcohol and non-alcoholic drinks. Not the day of the event. Some business people!

Eli sure has good connections to get the phone records so quickly. Too bad there was no camera feed of Eve taking the phone.

• Love 6

Is bayview where John and Marlena were kidnaped not long ago?  Wasn’t Ben involved in that?

marlena has been kidnaped so many times i can’t remember them all.   

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

KdP is basically play Blair on Days. It's not a horrible thing but she isn't really Eve. I would never buy that Shane & Kim would be her parents if they were all in a scene together. I wanted KdP to stay on GH but they already have a similar character with Carly and there wasn't room for KdP. She's a great actress but I always thought she was miscast as Eve. She has good chemistry with Matthew Ashford but I want Jack back with Jenn and the kids.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Is bayview where John and Marlena were kidnaped not long ago?  Wasn’t Ben involved in that?

marlena has been kidnaped so many times i can’t remember them all.   

She DOES get kidnapped a lot, doesn't she?  My memory on that kidnapping is really foggy but Bayview is where Abigail was, I think, and where Ben was sent, as well as where Jordan is currently.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, boes said:

She DOES get kidnapped a lot, doesn't she?  My memory on that kidnapping is really foggy but Bayview is where Abigail was, I think, and where Ben was sent, as well as where Jordan is currently.

Yep! I also remember Ciara inexplicably getting a summer internship at Bayview while Chase was being treated there after that awful rape/assault incident. Pretty handy to have a psychiatric hospital a stone's throw away from Horton Square, lol. 

• Love 4

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed the Shelle scenes with their baby girl.  Why is Shelle not on this show driving their own stories. It is just maddening to me.  

The John/Victor scenes were gold and it made me wanting more.. I remember Sherry building a tentative friendship between them years ago. Both were weary of one another but there was a bond nonetheless because of Isabella and baby Brady.. Victor actually schemed to get Marlena and John together.

Marlena kissing Ben's ass was just terrible. I just can't with this show and it is why I have not been watching because it was just too much for me to bear.

I hate Eve but I hope she gets away with her crimes just to piss off those self-righteous hypocrites.  

• Love 7

Maybe it's all the years of watching GH that makes me not mind Ben's serial killer past.  As someone said above, at least he owns it and had a mental illness for which he's been treated.  That differs from GH where the leads are stone-cold (see what I did there, GH watchers!?), unapologetic killers.  Rarely a week goes by where they don't threaten to kill someone for, you know, 'justice' reasons.  Ciara is the one that's most on Ben's side and others are coming around, which is okay by me.  

As for Eve, no matter that Clarie's family did or did not see what was happening to her, Eve did!  She KNEW the girl needed help, and did nothing, which lead to the possible deaths of two people. Her grief does not excuse this.  If anything, her behavior dishonor's her daughter.

• Love 8
(edited)

I certainly hope TPTBs aren't tying to take a leaf out of Angel/Buffy playbook with Ben/Caira. Angel had come a long way from his murderous past and self-isolation to earn the title of champion. Of course I am in no way to ask Ben to fight demons and such but talk is cheap and action is the real deal. Why not have him working in humanitarian field and help the hopeless? Surely that will makes him a heck of a lot credible as the guy who's proactively seeking redemption. And Caira is no Buffy. The latter is a real heroine whereas the former is merely a pretty girl with a bizarre tendency to play damsel in distress. 

Edited by Guest
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed the Shelle scenes with their baby girl.  Why is Shelle not on this show driving their own stories. It is just maddening to me.  

The John/Victor scenes were gold and it made me wanting more.. I remember Sherry building a tentative friendship between them years ago. Both were weary of one another but there was a bond nonetheless because of Isabella and baby Brady.. Victor actually schemed to get Marlena and John together.

Marlena kissing Ben's ass was just terrible. I just can't with this show and it is why I have not been watching because it was just too much for me to bear.

I hate Eve but I hope she gets away with her crimes just to piss off those self-righteous hypocrites.  

Shawn/Belle are too normal for this show to write for. I do agree they fit on this show even though I only cared about the OG version of the pair. This show dropped the ball creatively in not having Shawn/Belle/Phillip(and yeah even Chloe) usher in the new era of Days on screen. They could've driven so many stories instead we got the likes of Melanie, Rafe, Daniel etc that have damaged the show in ways it won't recover.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Shawn/Belle are too normal for this show to write for. I do agree they fit on this show even though I only cared about the OG version of the pair. This show dropped the ball creatively in not having Shawn/Belle/Phillip(and yeah even Chloe) usher in the new era of Days on screen. They could've driven so many stories instead we got the likes of Melanie, Rafe, Daniel etc that have damaged the show in ways it won't recover.

I think the problem with Shelle at the time, much like Chabby when they left was they had been played so heavily for so long people were just sick of them. I remember Martha saying in SOD that she was very aware of the audience getting tired of seeing Shelle on that island back in 2007.  They needed a break.  I think the main reason they haven't come back for very long is that most in charge still have a preference for Kirsten and Jason.  That and like Carrie and Austin every time they bring them back they play the same old story.

Edited by ihavenoidea
  • Love 5
(edited)
31 minutes ago, ihavenoidea said:

I think the problem with Shelle at the time, much like Chabby when they left was they had been played so heavily for so long people were just sick of them. I remember Martha saying in SOD that she was very aware of the audience getting tired of seeing Shelle on that island back in 2007.  They needed a break.  I think the main reason they haven't come back for very long is that most in charge still have a preference for Kirsten and Jason.  That and like Carrie and Austin every time they bring them back they play the same old story.

Also,  I think they married Shelle and gave them a baby too soon.  They should have had dynamic stories before going that route.   People said the same thing about Wilson.  

The show has always had a problem in balancing stories and couples like back in the day. Even if you were not a fan of a particular couple, they usually had a way of having different couples to appeal to everybody..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, ihavenoidea said:

I think the main reason they haven't come back for very long is that most in charge still have a preference for Kirsten and Jason.

Well, they need to get over it. Kirsten especially isn’t coming back. I want Shelle on canvas and Philip too.

• Love 7

Another hotel room trashing, Kristen? You are almost as bad as an entitled rock star. You are going to have to pay for the damage along with the hotel's cleaners extra duties. Ugh. I know that I like the idea of throwing cheap plates when I am angry, but someone, aka me, has to clean up my mess.

Nice of you to drop by Kate and Ted. You're so covered up that you probably won't see Xander clonking you on the head with lunch.

Gabi - still planning the insta-party with no notice, food bookings, etc.? As if you can run one company, much less two.

Eli, watch your back with Eve. Maybe document things with her.

Wonder if Abe will find the Nicole mask in the hotel room.

Does the Kiriakis mansion have a wine cellar that those who do drink can have their libation?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ihavenoidea said:

Well that's part of it but also like Chabby  they were domesticated to soon. Hell Chabby had two kids even Shelle didn't get that and totally limited them in the process.  Plus Shawn and Chad were both treated as afterthoughts in those pairings.

At least Carrie/Austin went years before they were given a child (who we have yet to see)

While I do prefer OG Shelle myself that was a different era and I wouldn't want them to return because one the show would ruin yet another good memory I have left on this show and the other is they aged Claire she would look like their peer and not their daughter.

• Love 6

I loved the Maggie/Sarah scenes today.  On the rare occasions those two get to interact, they really connect as family.

I'm so completely over AZ and her Kristen-as-Nicole impression.  

Brandon Barash is a delight to watch.

Hope is more committed to police work now than she ever was before she was fired and she still sucks.

I don't like Eve much, but I hope she beats all those hypocrites trying to take her down.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, boes said:

I'm so completely over AZ and her Kristen-as-Nicole impression.  

I don't like Eve much, but I hope she beats all those hypocrites trying to take her down.

I'm kind of over Kristen in her true form but not so much Nicole as Kristen.  I enjoyed her wrath today.  I didn't expect her to lash out and attack Stefan like that.  She was really into it to.  I was shocked, tickled and thoroughly entertained.  I also love the animosity between her and Gabi.  

As for Eve, I'm one of the few that like her.  We've seen her vulnerable side which includes  helping Claire, bonding with Theresa when Eve first arrived on the show, being in love with Brady, caring for Will, etc., etc.  She is such a good actress too.  However, I do hate how she is treating Eli.    

• Love 7

I just wish ED was playing Kristen. She was just so good in the role. I guess she got a little burnt out working so much. I think BB is doing a great job in the role of Stefan. I think TC played him more mysterious and BB plays him like he's just having fun being rich and doing Gabi.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, boes said:

Same. When Hope was all 'you're abusing your power' or whatever I was just thinking so it's OK for you to do that but when Eve does it she's evil. Got it.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, boes said:

Brandon Barash is a delight to watch

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I think BB is doing a great job in the role of Stefan. I think TC played him more mysterious and BB plays him like he's just having fun being rich and doing Gabi.

Every once in a while recasts happen where they are so good I can't even remember they are a recast. That's Brandon for me. I adore him. I was already a fan on GH but he's killing it here. I was trying to remember Tyler in the role and I could barely remember anything. The fact that I hated Stefan then is likely another factor. BB has really brought something great to the character.

• Love 12

Caught up yesterday... some quick thoughts:

I agree that Marlena, Ciara, and Hope should have seen the cray cray happening.  And I also agree Ciara DID target hurting Claire for a long time.

But you know what STUNS me - the absent parents.  They take this girl around the world and then plop her in Salem with random relatives.  Now she is legally an adult but her composure is very immature.  And Shawn and Belle need to keep their but near her.  She's tried to murder people.  

I'm also shaking my head at the insanity defense.  I hope people who watch this show understand that Claire & Ben would not be walking free IRL.  Abigail had a legit personality disorder, I could see court leniency there.  But the other two psychotic breaks were still people in their own mind.  

Eve, Eve, Eve - I feel you genuinely love Claire but the casual disregard for the law is just NOPEville. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Isn't Haley still on probation or something?  Yet she's back working at the hospital.  I wonder how many of the patients will object.

I'm surprised Will didn't go to the pub to get the mandatory clam chowder.

Sure took a long time for Stabi to get their clothes off.

I hope they sue Julie for every dollar she has.

Will lived in the loft with his three siblings, his mother and his stepfather, but now it's not big enough for him, his husband, his one child, and Tripp?

Why can't Ted and Kate just come out with it and say it's Kristen?

Weird Friday ending.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Why can't Ted and Kate just come out with it and say it's Kristen?

Because Ron loves to draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag shit out 'til no one gives a shit and/or gets frustrated enough to just quit watching.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Will lived in the loft with his three siblings, his mother and his stepfather, but now it's not big enough for him, his husband, his one child, and Tripp?

Different loft.

55 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I'm surprised Will didn't go to the pub to get the mandatory clam chowder.

Anyone else sick of hearing about their fucking clam chowder? It was referenced about five times during Caroline's wake.

It's getting to be worse than Pam's damned lemon bars on Bold and the Beautiful.

Except chowder makes me think of this...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 3

I pretty much ignored Haley, The Best Nurse in the entire WORLD who is beyond stunned and disgusted that there's someone in Salem who doesn't like her, which is too bad because I usually enjoy JJ but I can't deal with this pairing and now they get to live with Tripp--WOO HOO a match made in heaven.

I did like seeing Will and Sonny again and they are both looking adorably happy and in love, so that means disaster is around the corner.

Gabi and Stefan are still all kinds of wrong and I'm still enjoying them.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I pretty much ignored Haley, The Best Nurse in the entire WORLD who is beyond stunned and disgusted that there's someone in Salem who doesn't like her, which is too bad because I usually enjoy JJ but I can't deal with this pairing and now they get to live with Tripp--WOO HOO a match made in heaven.

I did like seeing Will and Sonny again and they are both looking adorably happy and in love, so that means disaster is around the corner.

Gabi and Stefan are still all kinds of wrong and I'm still enjoying them.

Me too, I cannot stand her.  She's so full of herself.  I guess she's marrying into the right family, though I suspect she and Abby might have some problems because they can't both be perfection, can they?  Will either of them be able to stand it?

Poor JJ, and he's one of my favorite characters.  It appears that he's in love with a clone of his sister.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Different loft.

Anyone else sick of hearing about their fucking clam chowder? It was referenced about five times during Caroline's wake.

It's getting to be worse than Pam's damned lemon bars on Bold and the Beautiful.

Except chowder makes me think of this...

Actually it was the same loft just designed differently the couch was in the middle of it as opposed to by the window.

2 minutes ago, boes said:

Me too, I cannot stand her.  She's so full of herself.  I guess she's marrying into the right family, though I suspect she and Abby might have some problems because they can't both be perfection, can they?  Will either of them be able to stand it?

Poor JJ, and he's one of my favorite characters.  It appears that he's in love with a clone of his sister.

Abby was capable of being interesting at times. Haley not so much. 

Plus he goes for chicks that look nothing like his family members which is funny because many in Salem are the opposite.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I hope they sue Julie for every dollar she has.

I enjoyed Julie today.  I wish she had had a bigger container of water to rinse off those two.  I fast forward all of their sex scenes as I hate seeing those two horndogs in heat.   

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

"Over my dead body"!, squawks FogHorn Leghorn's older and more annoying sister.  I live for the day somebody takes Julie up on that offer.

Besides, all of her "My Stars and Garters" horror at what she walked in on is pretty rich considering what she and Doug and their ukelele have done in that same room.

Isn't there a cruise to the Bermuda Triangle she needs to be on, ASAP?

Freddie Smith is looking better and better!  I'm starting to see the guy who Will first fell for.  Nice to see them both in happy circumstances for once.

4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Abby was capable of being interesting at times. Haley not so much. 

Plus he goes for chicks that look nothing like his family members which is funny because many in Salem are the opposite.

You're kinder than I, because I never saw anything interesting about Abby other than her complete inability to see anyone's viewpoint other than her own.

I didn't mean that Haley is a physical clone of Abby, just that when it comes to self-absorption and entitlement, those two are pretty identical.

• Love 6

Geez, JJ, you should have some idea that if someone stays with you for more than a couple of weeks/normal vacation visit, that person goes on the lease. Given the bad PR with Haley, you probably would be looking for a new residence. Not sure moving in with Tripp and Ciara is the best idea.

Haley is far too awesome for herself. Someone needs to find a way to get her to SIT DOWN. Too special, too precious, like a half-melted snowflake.

Will and Sonny looked good. Will surprisingly has no evidence of any medical treatment - no shaved part or his head, missing hair, etc. The Salem doctors are very good.

Guess Kristen didn't like Xander's lunch for the captives.

Ted and Kate were very careful to use a DiMera but not name one til Stefan walked in. Not going to fly.

Julie, you needed more water. Yeah, it was disrespectful of Gabi and Stefan to help themselves to the restaurant's office. Not their home and it is kind of a public place.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Geez, JJ, you should have some idea that if someone stays with you for more than a couple of weeks/normal vacation visit, that person goes on the lease. Given the bad PR with Haley, you probably would be looking for a new residence. Not sure moving in with Tripp and Ciara is the best idea.

Haley is far too awesome for herself. Someone needs to find a way to get her to SIT DOWN. Too special, too precious, like a half-melted snowflake.

Will and Sonny looked good. Will surprisingly has no evidence of any medical treatment - no shaved part or his head, missing hair, etc. The Salem doctors are very good.

Guess Kristen didn't like Xander's lunch for the captives.

Ted and Kate were very careful to use a DiMera but not name one til Stefan walked in. Not going to fly.

Julie, you needed more water. Yeah, it was disrespectful of Gabi and Stefan to help themselves to the restaurant's office. Not their home and it is kind of a public place.

Well considering Theresa stayed with him last summer and nothing happened he figured Haley would be acceptable(but not for these storyline purposes apparently) although I'm surprised if this was the case why it didn't happen sooner but I digress.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, boes said:

"Over my dead body"!, squawks FogHorn Leghorn's older and more annoying sister.  I live for the day somebody takes Julie up on that offer.

Besides, all of her "My Stars and Garters" horror at what she walked in on is pretty rich considering what she and Doug and their ukelele have done in that same room.

Isn't there a cruise to the Bermuda Triangle she needs to be on, ASAP?

Freddie Smith is looking better and better!  I'm starting to see the guy who Will first fell for.  Nice to see them both in happy circumstances for once.

You're kinder than I, because I never saw anything interesting about Abby other than her complete inability to see anyone's viewpoint other than her own.

I didn't mean that Haley is a physical clone of Abby, just that when it comes to self-absorption and entitlement, those two are pretty identical.

I preferred Abby when she was slutty and on edge when they try to make her this heroine she isn't? Not so much. Its more than Haley has done is my point who's an eternal victim. Hell even Abby isn't that although she acts like she is.

However yeah beyond that Abby is a vasty meh character and I found JJ to be the superior J&J child despite the crap writing he gets. 

Julie is a lot nicer to Stabi than I would've been I would've had Eli/Lani drag them out of Doug's Place. Course I'm more annoyed with the contrivance of the whole thing. Apparently the show believes Julie's limited airtime is worthwhile commenting on Gabi's sexcapades but not in seeing Claire leave. Days wonders why its in freefall.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Because Ron loves to draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag shit out 'til no one gives a shit and/or gets frustrated enough to just quit watching.

Things are really dragging with this Nicole/Kristen thing. And it is getting BORING.

Spoiler

At least it looks like things are starting to move in the Jack/Jennifer storyline though, if the weekly preview is to be trusted

13 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So TIRED of Haley. 

On one hand, Ron slows a storyline down so much that you don't care anymore. Or, he moves it along too quickly (Haley) that you don't care about it either. There must be a way to find a happy medium speed of story telling.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

On one hand, Ron slows a storyline down so much that you don't care anymore. Or, he moves it along too quickly (Haley) that you don't care about it either. There must be a way to find a happy medium speed of story telling.

Yes, if you added up all the time JJ and Haley had even spent in each other's company it probably wouldn't even amount to a month.  Yet, here they are, already declaring their love for each other.  

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes, if you added up all the time JJ and Haley had even spent in each other's company it probably wouldn't even amount to a month.  Yet, here they are, already declaring their love for each other.  

They do this will all of the relationships for the most part these days. I mean you have Stefan/Gabi wanting to be together as a couple but all they've done is have hate sex. Sure they interacted before that but they go from point A to point D and ignore all the points in between.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Didn't Tripp inherit money from his mother?  Why does he need roommates?

Yea, I think I remember that, but then he had a "Mafia type" uncle show up & offer him the money & I think Tripp ended up donating the money to the Hospital...but my memory is fuzzy 🙂

• Love 3

Even if Claire broke her lease by going to Bayview her entire family is extremely wealthy so this plot point is stupid. I’m sure her millionaire grandma Hope or lawyer mom or billionaire grandpa Victor would cut a check so Tripp would shut the fuck up. 

Im not an expert on nurses (I work retail and server jobs) but wouldn’t someone keep their hair in a bun or pony in hospital and sterile environments? Even when home or out and about my long hair when loose has stay hairs fall out or the locks flop into things. 😖

I’ve had more than enough of Kristen. 

Does JJ have an identity or purpose outside of Haley? 

More Chloe and Rex as a bantering fun friendship that grows into slow burn attraction please. 🤗

Will and Sonny do have undeniable chemistry and look good together. Let couples be love in the afternoon and have romance and quietly relatable moments. Allow us to be invested in them or get some damn escapism. This show REFUSES to do it.!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Even if Claire broke her lease by going to Bayview her entire family is extremely wealthy so this plot point is stupid. I’m sure her millionaire grandma Hope or lawyer mom or billionaire grandpa Victor would cut a check so Tripp would shut the fuck up. 

Im not an expert on nurses (I work retail and server jobs) but wouldn’t someone keep their hair in a bun or pony in hospital and sterile environments? Even when home or out and about my long hair when loose has stay hairs fall out or the locks flop into things. 😖

I’ve had more than enough of Kristen. 

Does JJ have an identity or purpose outside of Haley? 

More Chloe and Rex as a bantering fun friendship that grows into slow burn attraction please. 🤗

Will and Sonny do have undeniable chemistry and look good together. Let couples be love in the afternoon and have romance and quietly relatable moments. Allow us to be invested in them or get some damn escapism. This show REFUSES to do it.!

JJ  usually interacts with a variety of people beyond Haley compared to Haley who barely interacts with most people beyond JJ/Tripp and whoever is connected to them. We don't know much about her beyond Melinda being ehr mom and the illegal immigration thing. This is why I don't really care if he's part of a pairing because someone in a relationship on this show loses their identity. Eric can't seem to have a life outside of Nicole (and they are never together either). For years Jack couldn't exist beyond Jennifer(oddly enough he's become Eve's lapdog now). Hope and Kayla weren't allowed to exist beyond Bo list goes on. 

Course he also doesn't get a storyline or airtime either its really terrible how this show writes characters they either have to be part of a pairing or don't get airtime.

• Love 2

I still ask myself why TPTB did not cast Staci Haiduk  as Melissa Horton ,daughter of Maggie and Mickey . 

Plus Staci is roughly the same age as Lisa Trusel ,the last actress to portray Melissa. 

Melissa Horton could have easily returned to Salem as a a formidable business woman .

Perhaps reviving Anderson Manufacturing in the process in honour of Bob Anderson, Julie's ex husband who bequeathed some of his millions to Melissa . 

To be honest ,her version of Kristen is rdiculous and over the top and its destroying the character completely. 

• Love 4

That makes too much sense for some reason instead of bringing back past characters that would actually enhance the show they created newbies and try to act as if they were more meaningful etc than the characters that existed before(like Rafe, Daniel, Melanie etc.) I felt a lot of that damaged the show in ways that it never recovered.

• Love 6