Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Is the key going to be the new elephant which was the new blue flash drive?

The elephant!  I'd forgotten the elephant filled with diamonds, that Show tried to blame on Parker having as a toy when no kid would have looked twice at that thing.  

It's good to be reminded that there have been plenty of times in the past when Show was even worse!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)

I swear, if I hear the phrase, "love of your life" one more time I'm....I'm....I'm..... well, I'm not going to actually do anything but bitch about it.  But damn, can Show maybe write a new line?

So there is my Rex Rex Rexie proposing again to Sarah, the elevator door opens and out walks the saddest sad sack of all sacks, with his usual

giphy.gif

"I'm just sooooo sad and I think I wet myself and I'm SO SAD.  Sad, I say" face.

Oh yeah, Eric, he's sexy alright, about as sexy as a full blown case of intestinal flu.  

Then the Blathertons really went into blatherland, Rex blathering about lub luv Love and Eric's sad monotone because Nicole doesn't lub luv Love him and man, I really really wish that at that point, Rex, Sarah, someone, ANYONE, would have just pushed a pie in his face or depantsed him or given him a wedgie or just mocked him till he cried some more.   I have a feeling that if anyone was to actually hug Eric, he'd squish like a water balloon.

BUT, the day was saved by Sami being utterly horrible to the utterly horrible fakeNicole and almost ripping her mask off, and that, folks, was some good tv!

The scenes with Victor and Kate were okay but I didn't understand the reason for them.

On the other hand, the scenes with Xander and Ted weren't okay and I didn't understand a word Ted said.  

So many scenes on DOOL would be vastly improved if the characters always had a banana cream pie on hand to toss at their scene partners.

Just think - 

"I can't marry you"

giphy.gif

"I hate you"

giphy.gif

"You're not my real mother"

giphy.gif

"You are my real mother"

giphy.gif

"_______ is dead!"

giphy.gif

"_______ is alive!"

giphy.gif

Yep, improves every scene, every storyline, every time.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 17
  • Love 4

Eric is about as sexy as my month long upset stomach caused by my antibiotics I took for two weeks.

Rex, you and Sarah are not the truest wub that ever wubbed. You are far too in a rush to marry her - you think she will go Speedy Gonzalez and go underay-uderay-ee-haw from you the Wile E. Coyote. Or maybe it's the roadrunner speed turn Beep beep. Getting your brother to marry you? Find a chaplain or JP. Yeeesh.

Too bad Sami didn't pull FakeNicole's face off. But she is suspicious about a so-called scar and that Nicole never moved her hand from it. A scar is a scar.

So Kate found the incriminating red dress. Maybe. Did she get her hotel room mixed up and opened Nicole's instead? That's a good excuse.

Ted, someone will recognize the diamond necklace you wanted to gift to Hope.

Xander is too consumed by his infatuation for Sarah Horton.

Brady, don't you think that Nicole is a little too interested in you? Just a couple days after her daughter's funeral?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

So Kate found the incriminating red dress. Maybe. Did she get her hotel room mixed up and opened Nicole's instead? That's a good excuse.

It wasn't an accident, she went into "Nicole"'s room on purpose looking for dirt.  I don't know why she didn't find Ted's phone, though.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Eric is about as sexy as my month long upset stomach caused by my antibiotics I took for two weeks.

Rex, you and Sarah are not the truest wub that ever wubbed. You are far too in a rush to marry her - you think she will go Speedy Gonzalez and go underay-uderay-ee-haw from you the Wile E. Coyote. Or maybe it's the roadrunner speed turn Beep beep. Getting your brother to marry you? Find a chaplain or JP. Yeeesh.

I see Sarah has taken acting lessons from "smell the fart" John.  The entire time she had that half grimace on her face I was struck (again) by how INCREDIBLY stupid this story line is.  She's acting like Rex is dying and she's granting him his last wish (while spiking his tea with a little arsenic to speed up the process.)  Why does she think its a good idea to marry someone she clearly doesn't want to marry?  Recipe for success right there.

6 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I don't know why she didn't find Ted's phone, though.

She did but because it was out of power she couldn't snoop on it and threw it down.

• Love 7

This Sarah/Rex/Eric crap is driving me nuts.  Sarah is (supposedly) in love with Eric.  But she cannot have him because he wants to be with Nicole.  So Sarah just agrees to marry Rex  because the guy she really wants loves someone else.  And since Nicole has declared she now doesn't want Eric, HE decides to just settle for Sarah.   Are we supposed to think this is some grand love story?  Really?  I feel like I'm watching The Bold and Beautiful.  One reason I stopped watching that show was because this stupid storyline goes on all the time over there.  

I know a lot of people here love Rex, but to me he comes off as a real dope.  He has the intelligence to be this great Dr., but cannot see Sarah's reluctance whenever he mentions getting married.  When you come down to it, all 3 of them are dopes.    I've always been an  Eric fan and wish he's just stayed with Jennifer.  They may not have been all that exciting, but at least he smiled.

And don't get me started on that business of old-priest Eric's former parishioners asking him to perform a marriage ceremony. I literally yelled BS at the screen yesterday when Rex said Eric went online to be certified to perform weddings.  First, I think that completely goes against Eric's character.  Even though he is no longer a priest, he still takes his faith seriously (except when lusting after his brothers' girlfriends--lol).  Which leads to Second, a practicing Catholic would not use someone who got their credentials online as an officiate if they wanted their marriage sanctioned by the Church.   Jeebus, Eric didn't even want to be the best man and now Rex expects him to marry them?      

• Love 14
(edited)

Eric/Rex/Sarah: Oy.  This is a case of who is making the WORST decisions.  Sarah: Marry someone despite pining for another. Rex: can create a brilliant antidote but rushing his bride? Eric: why are you even AT the hospital? And never ever ever would Eric perform civil weddings. Tough talk:
Sarah: Eric dropped you so fast for Nicole, I'm surprised you didn't get a concussion.  Rex is mentally not your equal.  Try being single for a while.
Rex: Go find the Baby Mama Mimi.  I think you two were punching at the same weight class.
Eric: You have a Pavlovian response to Nicole.  Your Mom is not a good therapist for you - find another.  And if you are not going back to the priesthood, go be a foster dad for young kids -- you are instinctually a parent and best when serving others.  Your a hot mess when involved with women.  

Caroline's goodbye: I get from this thread why Victor/Caroline was important - but the episode just threw Maggie under the bus without explaination.  I did love Kayla's kind words to him.  Roman was great in the family patriarch role. Otherwise it didn't seem fitting for a beloved long-term character.  Although I liked the fuzzy pic of the Caroline and Sean (sp?) outside the pub.

Nicole (Kristen)/Sami catfight: Bless Sami for being scrappy.  Nicole has like a foot on her.  It was entertaining.

I was please that Ciara brought an actual key to Ben.  He would not have had one in his pocket - the guards would have taken that away when they locked him up.  Good thinking on her part.  I like stumped Eve.  Her instincts were right but she was foiled.  

Ted punkin': no more mumbling please.  And what the hell are you doing with a $40,000 necklace randomly in your POCKET?!  Although it's a good plan to try and get Hope's attention.  I'm not really down for you and Hope to get together.  If you get out of that room - run away very fast. 

Edited by SueB
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SueB said:

Nicole (Kristen)/Sami catfight: Bless Sami for being scrappy.  Nicole has like a foot on her.  It was entertaining.

That fight was pretty tame for Sami.

Check out this one:

Rafe, damn him, ruins everything.

• LOL 4

Goodness, what a happy wedding today!  I've seen people more excited to get a root canal.  They're playing it like Justin knows something Eve doesn't.  I hope that's the case and he isn't just taking this for no reason.  Of course, maybe he's figuring since he pretty much loses any case he takes, it's in his son's best interest if he defends Ben - he'll get the chair!

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Why does Jack still have rallies?

Why does you know who still have rallies after 3 years? Ron is loving using real life events into his stories. Jack is loving the adoration he gets from his supporters. He knows his family hates him, Eve is using him for her own purposes. They are all he has left for validation and love.  Sad!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Hold up, did I see and hear right? Justin is going to rep Ben? The man who killed his sons husband? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone watching shit like this.

And I was just reminded that he told Gabi he couldn't take her case because of what she did to Abigail. I just............WHAT?! Come on show, make an attempt here!!!! 🙄🤐

• Love 12
3 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

So Justin is going to defend Ben now? Hey Will, welcome back to the family! And I'm sure Sonny won't have a problem with it, either. 🙄

Right. All I could think about during that was that he wouldn't defend Gabi. Bitch, miss me with that bullshit. Oh, Ron. Also, Eve said something about Justin being the best lawyer in town and I about fell outta my chair.

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Don't you need witnesses at a wedding?

They had Kayla. I feel like you're supposed to have 2, but I only think that because of TV so I don't know if it's real lol.

Why does Jack still have rallies?

Seriously. I thought this was a repeat at first because of that.

• Love 11
On 6/24/2019 at 1:32 PM, boes said:

That key looked just like the key to our front door when I was growing up.  The house was built 1860 ish and still had the original locks, etc.  My brother still has that old key, very cool looking, and the lock itself was massive.

But why Ciara would have had an antique key on her is beyond me.  

One would think since the DiMera home needs security guards that the guest house would have more modern locks too. The key didn't look like it belonged to a modern door lock. Sorry to everyone for posting so much about a damn key... 😉

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Right. All I could think about during that was that he wouldn't defend Gabi. Bitch, miss me with that bullshit. Oh, Ron. Also, Eve said something about Justin being the best lawyer in town and I about fell outta my chair.

Gabi isn't worthy of the level of redemption Saint Ben shall get. Tbh I'm starting to think Ron is hot for RSW

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Gabi isn't worthy of the level of redemption Saint Ben shall get. Tbh I'm starting to think Ron is hot for RSW

I think you have solved the mystery!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Hold up, did I see and hear right? Justin is going to rep Ben? The man who killed his sons husband? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone watching shit like this.

Eve made sense asking how he could do this especially after what Ben did to Wilson not to mention it was Justin that was consoling her when she found out Paige was murdered.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

They had Kayla. I feel like you're supposed to have 2, but I only think that because of TV so I don't know if it's real lol.

Seriously. I thought this was a repeat at first because of that.

Same.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, howmanywords said:

If that's the case, it reminds me of how head writer Jill Farren Phelps screwed up Another World with her obsession over John Hudson. He had been involved with Sharlene for years and they were married and a sort of super couple I guess...but because Jill wanted him to be this stud and have new romances, she had him cheat on his wife with their good friend Felicia Gallant. That would have been bad enough, but Sharlene found out about their cheating the same night she got in a car accident and lost the use of her legs. And then to literally add insult to injury, Felicia moved in to be her caretaker while continuing the relationship with John! He divorced Sharlene, who was surprisingly composed considering how bitter and hurt she was, not to mention how furious the audience was watching her go through this, and the couple never reconciled. John and Felicia broke up a short while later so the whole affair was for naught, because both John and Sharlene left the show anyway.

Sorry, but I had to vent about that. It still pisses me off. This Ben Redemption storyline has similarly stretched beyond a tolerable point. Now Claire has to look crazy so he can look sane? And Hope and Eve have to be cruel shrews out to get him, right? STFU Show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

If that's the case, it reminds me of how head writer Jill Farren Phelps screwed up Another World with her obsession over John Hudson. He had been involved with Sharlene for years and they were married and a sort of super couple I guess...but because Jill wanted him to be this stud and have new romances, she had him cheat on his wife with their good friend Felicia Gallant. That would have been bad enough, but Sharlene found out about their cheating the same night she got in a car accident and lost the use of her legs. And then to literally add insult to injury, Felicia moved in to be her caretaker while continuing the relationship with John! He divorced Sharlene, who was surprisingly composed considering how bitter and hurt she was, not to mention how furious the audience was watching her go through this, and the couple never reconciled. John and Felicia broke up a short while later so the whole affair was for naught, because both John and Sharlene left the show anyway.

Sorry, but I had to vent about that. It still pisses me off. This Ben Redemption storyline has similarly stretched beyond a tolerable point. Now Claire has to look crazy so he can look sane? And Hope and Eve have to be cruel shrews out to get him, right? STFU Show.

Thank you for saying that.  I am watching the show less and less because of the serial killer with the abs.  

• Love 6

That was a joyous celebration of love - with only Kayla present. Maybe Eric's wedding officiant card has expired. Sarah could have said no and stuck to the original date and then slowly bailed. White bread meet white bun.

Nice gift from Xander. I'd take the diamonds. Liked both Maggie and Xander's reaction to the 'we're married' news.

Kate, you could have played things a little differently with 'Nicole'. Yes, you are on to something. Even if Maggie was drunk, why would she say she saw Kristen. Things aren't adding up.

Justin is defending Ben? Since when? Granted, I couldn't imagine him wanting to be DA for Eve Devereaux.

The Jack Devereaux up for re-election rally is simply dumb. Fix the bus routes, fix the potholes, work on the City Budget, kill the mosquitoes! What mayors do. At least Jack has some interest in the Dr. Rolf serum.

• Love 4

The fact that Ben is still alive is a WTF moment for me.  I know Will is alive, but for a very long time, Sami and Kate believed Ben killed Will.  I'm supposed to believe one or both of them wouldn't have put a cap in Ben's ass for killing Will.  They would have set him on fire, shot, stabbed, poisoned and drowned him.  Ben would have been deader than Rasputin.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
(edited)

Kayla and Jennifer's discussion drove me crazy in the way missed opportunities drive me crazy. 

First, it was weird that the angle she took was that maybe Jack is resisting having his memories come back because of how he grew up. Okay. Fine.  But if Jack doesn't remember his past, why would the memory of it be the reason he's trying not to remember?  If it was some kind of psychological block because deep down he must know, why not say that?

Second, it was also weird that show took the angle of basically having her empathize with the struggle he was going through as a way to encourage Jennifer.  Wouldn't it have made more sense for her to talk about her experience when Steve had amnesia? 

But I did love her delivery of "I guess so" when Jack asked if she had a minute to talk. Even when the writers forget, I just love what Matt and Mary Beth do in their scenes together.

Speaking of angles I wish they had taken.  Why not just say that the judge ordered Justin to defend Ben?  Yes, he'd probably have a good argument as to why he couldn't but Justin could say he looked at the evidence in the brief time he was assigned and knew something didn't smell right.

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

But Kayla just showed up, they weren't expecting her.

They were expecting her. I forget if it was Rex or Eric but they said they set it up for her to be a witness.  That's why she had flowers.

4 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Tbh I'm starting to think Ron is hot for RSW

He sure as heck wouldn't be Ron's first sculpted abs obsession. But I can't totally blame him since Ken is the one who brought him back.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 8
(edited)
21 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

The fact that Ben is still alive is a WTF moment for me.  I know Will is alive, but for a very long time, Sami and Kate believed Ben killed Will.  I'm supposed to believe one or both of them wouldn't have put a cap in Ben's ass for killing Will.  They would have set him on fire, shot, stabbed, poisoned and drowned him.  Ben would have been deader than Rasputin.

The fact that Ciara always defends Ben saying “don’t be mean to him! He’s changed!” Yet doesn’t offer that same compassion to Claire is nauseating. Ben has done worse than Claire but Ciara expects everyone to be hunky-dory with him. Hypocrisy at it’s finest.

Edited by TenaciousWarrior
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

It gave the actors great material acting wise but I don't think Felicia really recovered from that course I hated that Lucas was killed off because I loved Lucas/Felicia together. However the one thing I did like was the ripple effect that story had on everyone else. Gary/Josie, Cass/Frankie etc.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, SueB said:

Caroline's goodbye: I get from this thread why Victor/Caroline was important - but the episode just threw Maggie under the bus without explaination.

Well I doubt Maggie considers Victor her soulmate either considering she spent 30 years married to Mickey.

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

The only person that came close to killing him was JJ course Hope/Rafe stopped it. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Kayla and Jennifer's discussion drove me crazy in the way missed opportunities drive me crazy. 

First, it was weird that the angle she took was that maybe Jack is resisting having his memories come back because of how he grew up. Okay. Fine.  But if Jack doesn't remember his past, why would the memory of it be the reason he's trying not to remember?  If it was some kind of psychological block because deep down he must know, why not say that?

Second, it was also weird that show took the angle of basically empathizing with the struggle he was going through as a way to encourage Jennifer.  Wouldn't it have made more sense for her to talk about her experience when Steve had amnesia? 

But I did love her delivery of "I guess so" when Jack asked if she had a minute to talk. Even when the writers forget, I just love what Matt and Mary Beth do in their scenes together.

Speaking of angles I wish they had taken.  Why not just say that the judge ordered Justin to defend Ben?  Yes, he'd probably have a good argument as to why he couldn't but Justin could say he looked at the evidence in the brief time he was assigned and knew something didn't smell right.

They were expecting her. I forget if it was Rex or Eric but they said they set it up for her to be a witness.  That's why she had flowers.

He sure as heck wouldn't be Ron's first sculpted abs obsession. But I can't totally blame him since Ken is the one who brought him back.

Why did Ken bring him back? I mean serious question. Yeah he was compelling as an SK doesn't mean he should be a regular cast member(see Andre) either. Course this wouldn't be so glaring if they didn't take Ben that far to begin with and developed characters better to begin with. They have made death and murder inconsequential so why am I supposed to be upset over Claire trying to kill people when Ben is free and easy these days.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I did not understand that bit of dialogue.  Were they implying that Jack had an unhappy childhood because Jack was never abused by Harper, he was given everything his heart desired. He was a spoiled rich kid and had every advantage his wealth gave him.  It is that sense of entitlement that pushed him to do what he did to Kayla. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

I did not understand that bit of dialogue.  Were they implying that Jack had an unhappy childhood because Jack was never abused by Harper, he was given everything his heart desired. He was a spoiled rich kid and had every advantage his wealth gave him.  It is that sense of entitlement that pushed him to do what he did to Kayla. 

She said he wasn't shown a moment of genuine affection in his childhood.  I think raising him to be an entitled rich kid and not having genuine affection can both be true; although I thought he and Anjelica had a decent relationship. Was what Harper did genuine affection or was it trying to mold him into a younger version of himself?

• Love 3
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

She said he wasn't shown a moment of genuine affection in his childhood.  I think raising him to be an entitled rich kid and not having genuine affection can both be true; although I thought he and Anjelica had a decent relationship. Was what Harper did genuine affection or was it trying to mold him into a younger version of himself?

It was probably a bit of both affection and molding him.   He did love him as much as a psychopath can love.  Anjelica did love him with all of her being. So Jack was loved as a child. Jack not getting love was a lie, he was extremely loyal to both Harper and Anjelica. It is why killing him to save Steve gutted him.

Anjelica should have been in the role that Eve is playing Jack's life. Ron was so short-sighted in killing off Anjelica for his stupid doppelganger story.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I just couldn't with today's episode.

First that dismal wedding with Eyeore officiating, Sarah with the cow eyes and even Rex's charm wasn't enough to cover up his immense stupidity.

And it got worse from there.  First time ever I wasn't happy to see Justin.

I watched long enough to see Kristen lose 20 pounds and two bust sizes when she pulled off the mask and that was it.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Why did Ken bring him back? I mean serious question. Yeah he was compelling as an SK doesn't mean he should be a regular cast member(see Andre) either

A few months ago I mentioned on Facebook that they should have gone the twin route if they were interested in bringing back RSW, well a CIN fan directed me to this interview where not only does he explain why they didnt go in that direction but it had this lovely little nougat:

"I’m not only one of Deidre’s biggest fans, but I think she’s one of mine, too. She’s a fan of me being here. She kind of rallied for me to be back here — I want to give a special shout out and thank you to Deidre. I love working with her and love her more as a person. She’s just awesome. She’s got my back and I’ve got hers. After our scenes, she’d say, 'Get this kid a contract."

• Love 2
17 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Same. I do watch in fast mode but still almost everyone else is understandable most of the time. I only get maybe 5 total words from Ted lol.

"Ted" is the ONLY reason I now watch Days with Closed Captions on😑

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

it reminds me of how head writer Jill Farren Phelps screwed up Another World with her obsession over John Hudson. He had been involved with Sharlene for years and they were married and a sort of super couple I guess...but because Jill wanted him to be this stud and have new romances, she had him cheat on his wife with their good friend Felicia Gallant. That would have been bad enough, but Sharlene found out about their cheating the same night she got in a car accident and lost the use of her legs. And then to literally add insult to injury, Felicia moved in to be her caretaker while continuing the relationship with John! He divorced Sharlene, who was surprisingly composed considering how bitter and hurt she was, not to mention how furious the audience was watching her go through this, and the couple never reconciled. John and Felicia broke up a short while later so the whole affair was for naught, because both John and Sharlene left the show anyway.

I had forgotten all about that storyline...and never knew it was due to the head writer's obsession with John Hudson. I will, however, admit my serious crush on David Forsythe 😍

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

They really defanged Kate and Sami. They were legitimately terrifying a decade or so ago. Sami is the best shot in Salem and an adept boxer; Kate had quite a hand w poisoning and arson to people who offended her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9