Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I'm finally catching up (Jury duty!) and have to admit, Paul Telfer is doing a good job with the character of Xander….he can switch back & forth from sweet & kind, like a friendly puppy with Maggie, to sexy with Sarah, to menacing & scary when he went face to face with Kristen.  Loved the 'big reveal" when he pulled out Rolf's diary, Xander was so pleased with himself 🙂  Brady, though, is on to him and calling him out for his feelings for Sarah.   Meanwhile, Ted is getting a very strange reaction from "Nicole" with his big reveal that Holly is alive.   

• Love 8
(edited)
34 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I'm finally catching up (Jury duty!) and have to admit, Paul Telfer is doing a good job with the character of Xander….he can switch back & forth from sweet & kind, like a friendly puppy with Maggie, to sexy with Sarah, to menacing & scary when he went face to face with Kristen.

He is.  But he's also getting the writing to make it work. It's night and day to compare how they're rounding out Xander compared to Stefan and the Xander tactic works better for me.  Xander has been in scenes with a lot of different characters and all of the scenes have a different dynamic which showcases the fact that he is actually a character (as opposed to just there like Hayley). And the scenes that really help round out his soft side were with Maggie (love how they're using her lately) as opposed to a baby like they tried with Stefan.

I'll take non-sexual caring for another adult any day as a way to get me to care about a character over affection for kids or even a love interest only.

The Melinda actress did well today but oy about the character.  It took her how long to get all mama bear about Hayley?  Way too long. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 10

JJ, you are willing to pack up and move to China (Shanghai? Beijing? Wherever?) for Haley? You barely know her and she really doesn't seem to be your true love. Just probably the only available woman left in Salem who isn't related to you. Don't waste your time or cash.

Melinda certainly showed up late. Why take an interest now?

I do like the use of Xander in several storylines. He doesn't seem as forced as some other characters and has more sides to him - kind and caring, in love with a good woman, and being kind to another person who really can't do much for him. Plus the ruthless part. Xander is really after his own selfish interests.

Ted, you fool. What is 'Nicole' going to do with the body? Hide him in the DiMera secret passages? You just don't go telling someone that her 'child' is still alive. No one has ever confirmed through DNA that Nicole is Nicole. With all the Salem hijinks, someone should be suspicious.

The diary suuuure came in handy quickly. Eve, Xander does have goods on you which he will use against you. Don't get too comfy in your new job.

• Love 3
On 6/4/2019 at 4:28 AM, Petunia13 said:

I actually found Julie likable in her scenes with Chloe and Jack. 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975cf62900566d506e67

Chloe and Rex have great chemistry and kinda similar personalities. 

Xander being endearing with Maggie and musing in his accent reminded me of Spike with Joyce or Dawn on Buffy

This.  I HOWLED with laughter at Jack & Julie trading insults.

• Love 2
(edited)

Maggie's drinking lasted a couple of eps.  Wills dying SL has happened mostly offscreen.  No depth in the SL fo me to care that all these characters supposedly devistated.   I enjoy xander but he's going to be less of a cartoon for me to take him seriously as a love interest.    Eve walks around as police commissioner and its ridiculous. She's on everyday eating up airtime and its infuriating.  Hope is fired but we don't even see her upset about it. Why is she even thinking about going on dates with Ted??

Ron continues to let me down. 

Edited by SnK
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

JJ, you are willing to pack up and move to China (Shanghai? Beijing? Wherever?) for Haley? You barely know her and she really doesn't seem to be your true love. Just probably the only available woman left in Salem who isn't related to you. Don't waste your time or cash.

I do like the use of Xander in several storylines. He doesn't seem as forced as some other characters and has more sides to him - kind and caring, in love with a good woman, and being kind to another person who really can't do much for him. Plus the ruthless part. Xander is really after his own selfish interests.

Ted, you fool. What is 'Nicole' going to do with the body? Hide him in the DiMera secret passages? You just don't go telling someone that her 'child' is still alive. No one has ever confirmed through DNA that Nicole is Nicole. With all the Salem hijinks, someone should be suspicious.

The diary suuuure came in handy quickly. Eve, Xander does have goods on you which he will use against you. Don't get too comfy in your new job.

Well there's Chloe I could've done a friends with benefit things for both characters who could sorely use it have sexy times but end up being great friends in the end after they realize there's no real future. However yeah his prospects are limited I don't buy she's his great love either but I don't see Days lasting much longer and honestly this is best its going to be for him so I will try and find away to enjoy this.

I hope Xander retains his edge because it really sucks how he can have an edge but other guys on this show are totally neutered.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I pretty much fastfowarded all JJ and Haley. Even Melinda couldn't make them watchable.

It's hard to tell who scenes are the most boring. JJ/Hayley, or Wiil/ Sonny.

• Love 2

I find Will/Sonny worse at least JJ/Haley aren't really a focal point in their story its mostly about Eve or Claire going crazy.  They also interact with other characters more than Wilson does.

Plus Casey and Thia put more effort into their scenes than Chandler/Freddie do.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/13/2019 at 11:09 PM, Frozendiva said:

I wouldn't mind offering my services to Stefan for a good high paying job. Doesn't he have any staff?

He can’t even get his staff to answer the doorbell 

Edited by tribeca
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

He can’t even get his staff to answer the doorbell 

That and random people can simply walk in to both the Dimeara and Kiriakis mansions.  Do they NEVER lock the doors?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Show Friday was good but there was way too much of JJ worshiping Haley.

They’ve been really trying to make JJ & Haley a thing. It ain’t happening. Casey Moss really only generated heat with Kassie DePavia when he was bad JJ. I think Tripp had good chemistry with Haley though. I guess they have to keep JJ & Haley together for JJ to be in Jack’s vortex and storyline purposes. All in all, they’re pretty dull together. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

They’ve been really trying to make JJ & Haley a thing. It ain’t happening. Casey Moss really only generated heat with Kassie DePavia when he was bad JJ. I think Tripp had good chemistry with Haley though. I guess they have to keep JJ & Haley together for JJ to be in Jack’s vortex and storyline purposes. All in all, they’re pretty dull together. 

I think JJ/Eve have more chemistry than Jack/Eve do as well.

I liked JJ with Bev and Roxanne those pairings had potential then they got rid of those girls with Paige around. Then they ended up killing off Paige shortly after so why get rid of them? I mean neither were related to half of Salem and they could've been paired with other guys on this show because of it. 

I liked JJ/Gabi at the time but I can't picture it now 

I think Tripp/Haley had chemistry they just needed more development individually and together. 

See the thing is JJ could be in Jack's vortex by starting things up with Eve again its a soapy story that could easily be told. JJ/Eve team up to take Ben down and reignite their affair in the process this time Jack walks in on it.  JJ banging his dad's wife. Its what soaps are made of a soapy mess rooted in character history. Think of how this would affect Jack/Jennifer(especially if Jennifer knew but kept it a secret to protect JJ), Jennifer/Eve, JJ/Jennifer, JJ/Jack. Plus it would be a humiliating scandal for Jack to deal with as the Mayor of Salem. 

Instead we got this nonsensical story that has done no favors for anyone involved.

• Love 5

JJ had chemistry with Theresa too.

*Warning: rant ahead*

...I don't know why Ron would force AZ to play this Kristen with a Mask storyline because how on Earth can she possibly be successful with it? Is she supposed to be imitating Eileen Davidson, who's no longer playing the role? Or imitating Staci, who's kind of imitating Eileen Davidson too? All the while playing Kristen's imitation of Nicole? I get dizzy just trying to understand how an actress is supposed to approach any of that.

It seems to me like what we're getting is AZ just kind of winging it and playing it as Nicole with a secret. She doesn't do any sort of body language moves or vocal intonations to suggest to the viewer that she's Kristen....and how can she? How can she possibly imitate Staci? There's nothing specific about Staci's performance. And I'm not blaming Staci for that, because she's only played Kristen for what...three months last year prior to this?

Kristen is and has always been Eileen Davidson. Everything that Eileen is was channeled into the role, from the way she speaks to the way she holds herself. What was amazing about watching her transform into Susan was that she could objectively see how Kristen presented herself, and could therefore go in a completely different direction as Susan. And then, she was skilled enough to blend those two characters together so we could sit back and enjoy watching Susan trying to imitate Kristen and Kristen trying to imitate Susan. If it was two separate actors playing those parts, it wouldn't have been anywhere near as entertaining. Which is kind of why this particular storyline is falling so flat for me.

I definitely think AZ could have pulled off a memorable performance if she could possibly know what to base that performance on. No such luck.

When that male actor was pretending to be Sami as "Stan" years ago, it was really helped by the fact that they had Alison Sweeney doing the character's interior monologue. A little of that here would go a long way, but the bigger problem is that I don't think anyone hears Staci's voice and thinks of Kristen. She's still just a placeholder, and I feel like she will remain that way until Eileen returns.

My two cents.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

so I will try and find away to enjoy this.

LOL, Canary -- that about sums it up in a lot of respects, doesn't it? This week was actually better than most, recently, but there are story lines in each ep where my eyes just glaze over and I pick up my phone and check Twitter. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

JJ had chemistry with Theresa too.

*Warning: rant ahead*

...I don't know why Ron would force AZ to play this Kristen with a Mask storyline because how on Earth can she possibly be successful with it? Is she supposed to be imitating Eileen Davidson, who's no longer playing the role? Or imitating Staci, who's kind of imitating Eileen Davidson too? All the while playing Kristen's imitation of Nicole? I get dizzy just trying to understand how an actress is supposed to approach any of that.

It seems to me like what we're getting is AZ just kind of winging it and playing it as Nicole with a secret. She doesn't do any sort of body language moves or vocal intonations to suggest to the viewer that she's Kristen....and how can she? How can she possibly imitate Staci? There's nothing specific about Staci's performance. And I'm not blaming Staci for that, because she's only played Kristen for what...three months last year prior to this?

Kristen is and has always been Eileen Davidson. Everything that Eileen is was channeled into the role, from the way she speaks to the way she holds herself. What was amazing about watching her transform into Susan was that she could objectively see how Kristen presented herself, and could therefore go in a completely different direction as Susan. And then, she was skilled enough to blend those two characters together so we could sit back and enjoy watching Susan trying to imitate Kristen and Kristen trying to imitate Susan. If it was two separate actors playing those parts, it wouldn't have been anywhere near as entertaining. Which is kind of why this particular storyline is falling so flat for me.

I definitely think AZ could have pulled off a memorable performance if she could possibly know what to base that performance on. No such luck.

When that male actor was pretending to be Sami as "Stan" years ago, it was really helped by the fact that they had Alison Sweeney doing the character's interior monologue. A little of that here would go a long way, but the bigger problem is that I don't think anyone hears Staci's voice and thinks of Kristen. She's still just a placeholder, and I feel like she will remain that way until Eileen returns.

My two cents.

Yes but unlike the others she was never an actual interest(then again Roxanne technically wasn't either but unlike Theresa I liked her) JJ/Theresa work best as frenemies them as an actual couple would be so weird. He's a decade younger but way more wordly and mature than she is. Theresa would also be fixated on Brady or anyone with money because that's all she cared about. 

Back to topic: I wonder if this is the only way AZ would return I have never been under the impression she cared about the Ericole pairing at all(neither did I but I digress). That being said I think Eileen saw how this story was going to go and that's why she kept her distance from Days... she has no problem coming to Y&R on occasion though. I rather we never see Kristen again honestly. I mean I loved ED and her portrayal of her but Kristen should've stayed dead in Italy. 

There's no point in bringing her back as a long term character then again this is a show that insists on making an SK a romantic lead and whitewashing the whole thing.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes but unlike the others she was never an actual interest(then again Roxanne technically wasn't either but unlike Theresa I liked her) JJ/Theresa work best as frenemies them as an actual couple would be so weird. He's a decade younger but way more wordly and mature than she is. Theresa would also be fixated on Brady or anyone with money because that's all she cared about. 

Back to topic: I wonder if this is the only way AZ would return I have never been under the impression she cared about the Ericole pairing at all(neither did I but I digress). That being said I think Eileen saw how this story was going to go and that's why she kept her distance from Days... she has no problem coming to Y&R on occasion though. I rather we never see Kristen again honestly. I mean I loved ED and her portrayal of her but Kristen should've stayed dead in Italy. 

There's no point in bringing her back as a long term character then again this is a show that insists on making an SK a romantic lead and whitewashing the whole thing.

Forget Italy. Kristen hasn't been a well-rounded true character (versus the cartoon she now is) since...her social worker days. Just my opinion.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Forget Italy. Kristen hasn't been a well-rounded true character (versus the cartoon she now is) since...her social worker days. Just my opinion.

Oh Kristen wasn't well rounded then she was cartoonish but ED's portrayal could ground her into reality plus she wasn't sticking around long term(the way its supposed to be with villains like her). Kristen now is just cartoonish but without the humanity.

I actually liked Kristen when she was nice I know that isn't popular since her memorable moments were after she lost it but when she was nice she could still be interesting to me. She called out John for his affair w/ Marlena while married to Roman, genuinely cared about others and didn't seem sanctimonious. I get why Jennifer considered her one of her best friends because of it. Course being nice on soaps isn't considered to be interesting anymore its all about the villain. Which is why I rather a character who's bad stay bad. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

ED makes almost $4000 a day on her union scale as reported by media. This why when she worked only a couple months on RH of BH she made a million dollars a season. Even if she wanted to come back and was easy to work w, I think shows budget is ultra-selective due to slim budget. 

JJ/Casey doesn’t look a decade younger than Theresa. And he def doesn’t act mature w his sup clingy cringe needy crush on Haley that is causing him to throw away his career, family, and home. 

I do agree it was dumb to bring Kristen back she’s campy and idiotic and the mask that alters face perfectly and the wearer’s height, muscle tone, skin and voice is out of Goosebumps or Animorphs. Amazing some flimsy latex over a face can make limbs grow, biceps & breast inflate, and voices lower and more melodious. If this lazy dirtbag Ron wants to make this show Passions he need to realize, it’s missing the humor and culture behind it.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

ED makes almost $4000 a day on her union scale as reported by media. This why when she worked only a couple months on RH of BH she made a million dollars a season. Even if she wanted to come back and was easy to work w, I think shows budget is ultra-selective due to slim budget. 

JJ/Casey doesn’t look a decade younger than Theresa. And he def doesn’t act mature w his sup clingy cringe needy crush on Haley that is causing him to throw away his career, family, and home. 

I do agree it was dumb to bring Kristen back she’s campy and idiotic and the mask that alters face perfectly and the wearer’s height, muscle tone, skin and voice is out of Goosebumps or Animorphs. Amazing some flimsy latex over a face can make limbs grow, biceps & breast inflate, and voices lower and more melodious. If this lazy dirtbag Ron wants to make this show Passions he need to realize, it’s missing the humor and culture behind it.

JL has good genes she looks young for her age you wouldn't be able to guess she and Theresa are both 35 years old and yet they are. Theresa acts like a obnoxious brat 95% of the time though which makes her seem younger than she is. Sure this story with Haley doesn't make JJ look good at the moment but neither does anyone else in this story. I don't get how he's more immature than someone who has to live with her parents because she has no job or money of her own beyond Brady's child support and only sued for custody of Tate because his father didn't want her anymore.

That's not even factoring in her trying to kill John twice and set Brady up for it with no remorse, falsely accusing Xander of attempting to rape her with no remorse among other things. She's a terrible person and I don't mind terrible characters if they are acknowledged as such and yet it was glossed over when they wanted to tame her for Brady. Some of us haven't forgotten that she sucks in general why would I want a character I like with that?

JJ has his flaws but he's an inherently decent person at his core something Theresa is not.

• Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Very well said, Petunia13.  When I was watching AZ pretending to be Kristen pretending to be Nicole - just typing that gives me a headache - I was amazed what that face mask did for Kristen's bust, butt, height and weight.  Could it be magic?

Regarding Theresa, I pretty much love her.  As for bonking John in the head, well, what family doesn't have its ups and downs?  And at least she aimed for the body part he's always had the least use for.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3

I love Eileen Davidson as Kristen. Eileen is so talented, and the writing for Kristen was a lot better while she was on awhile back than it is for the current actress. With Stacy, there’s only so much she could do with the stupid mask. 

I couldn’t stand Theresa for the longest time, but I grew to love the character once they softened her. Jen plays vulnerable really well. I thought the way Brady treated her after what she went through was harsh. Theresa showed genuine growth, but not everyone saw it. 

It is true JJ is generally the nicer person of the two. They would be fun to see paired up again. I don’t mind if they have a little age gap. Brady is older, why not younger with her next pairing? Jen is still a beautiful girl who could pass as younger, and irl guys in their 20’s would still give her plenty of attention regardless. I’d take them together over JJ and Eve, who could be his mother. Also don’t want JJ with Haley, much as I feel sorry for the character. I don’t love them as a couple. 

• Love 6
(edited)

The show was awesome today. I know a lot of people don't care for Wilson on here and I understand why some call them boring and that Chandler has been phoning it in but they were marvelous today. I was a weepy mess and I just lost it when Will could not recite his vows and everybody else had to continue them for him. Just so damn good and this is what soaps are all about; they are suuposed to make us feel for these characters and what they are facing.  

I just have to say that Lauren as Kate was just a scene stealer at the wedding, I could not take my eyes off of her, she just elevates a scene with her presence. every time she cried, I cried as well. Kate loves Will so much even more than her own children. It is why I cannot totally give up on Kate because Lauren humanizes her so well, even when she has done some despicable acts.  This is why the vets are so important to the show, they know their characters so well and act accordingly in a scene that is not about them.  Marlena was being strong as always for her baby Will.  John should have been there for his doc and his grandson Will. I would love to see Kate mentor Gabi. Perhaps, we can get a story that we did not get with Sami and Kate years ago when they took over the Dimera organization. That portrait of Kammie hanging in the Dimera mansion was so sublime.  Another lost potential for greatness that the show missed out on.

I am enjoying the Maggie/Xander friendship. It is so unexpected and organic.  I just don't want Maggie to look like a fool after all is said and done. 

I just can't get into this Kristen/Nicole mess. It is obvious that Ari is enjoying playing Kristen with a Nicole mask on. I do love her chemistry with Xander. Xander and Nicole should have been a real thing. Xander should have been Alexander Kiriakis. Alex being with a woman that was like his biological mother Anjelica could have been an interesting beat to play in his journey on the show. Not to mention how that would have affected Justin, Adrienne, Victor, Sonny and Anjelica.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:21 PM, Frozendiva said:

Does Brady wear some special cologne that drives the average Salem woman mad?

Maybe Bonehead Black's stupidity is of viral origin, and everyone who comes near him gets some kind of contact idiocy?

I got my medical degree at Salem U, why do you ask?

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:41 PM, Silver Raven said:

"Xander wouldn't lie." Oh, please, Maggie.

You mean "... if he were unconscious," right, Maggie?

Because, otherwise: yyyyeah, no.

I'm alone in thinking that Xander's actually really boring, I think. Telfer's a poor actor, and Non-Nicole is not the way to make the character more interesting. Maggie would have to be still drinking to defend Xander to anyone. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Sandman said:

You mean "... if he were unconscious," right, Maggie?

Because, otherwise: yyyyeah, no.

I'm alone in thinking that Xander's actually really boring, I think. Telfer's a poor actor, and Non-Nicole is not the way to make the character more interesting. Maggie would have to be still drinking to defend Xander to anyone. 

You're  not alone.lol

• Love 3
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I love Eileen Davidson as Kristen. Eileen is so talented, and the writing for Kristen was a lot better while she was on awhile back than it is for the current actress. With Stacy, there’s only so much she could do with the stupid mask. 

I couldn’t stand Theresa for the longest time, but I grew to love the character once they softened her. Jen plays vulnerable really well. I thought the way Brady treated her after what she went through was harsh. Theresa showed genuine growth, but not everyone saw it. 

It is true JJ is generally the nicer person of the two. They would be fun to see paired up again. I don’t mind if they have a little age gap. Brady is older, why not younger with her next pairing? Jen is still a beautiful girl who could pass as younger, and irl guys in their 20’s would still give her plenty of attention regardless. I’d take them together over JJ and Eve, who could be his mother. Also don’t want JJ with Haley, much as I feel sorry for the character. I don’t love them as a couple. 

Theresa actually cares about Tate that seems genuine to me the rest of her? Not so much. She still had no problem taking him away from Brady who was willing to go with joint custody but that wasn't enough for that bitch.  

For me it isn't the age difference I mean if that were the case I wouldn't have liked JJ/Gabi or JJ/Eve but I did.  All of JJ's love interests have been older except for Paige and Haley. So not really sure why you think that's an issue.  

Its that they would be at best a low rent version of Lumi. Lucas/JJ would be the lapdog/fallback BFF to Sami/Theresa. He has no problem with her screwing over other people but the minute he gets affected it will suddenly be a problem. The show isn't original with the good guy/bad girl dynamic and its why it sucks on this show. Theresa needs a guy with an edge who can put her in her place. 

She would never love him or take him seriously much like Sami never took Lucas seriously compared to the guy she's fixated on. Lucas never recovered from the Lumi pairing either. 

Plus I don't want JJ to be a decent person I miss him being bad. The only way he can be bad is if he's with a chick that's decent. Theresa doesn't apply in that regard either.

I rather have JJ/Eve because its soapy goodness Jennifer would always be against it and their relationship wouldn't be portrayed as some grand love but a twisted relationship where both characters would remain edgy if their affair was any indication.

JJ/Theresa work best as frenemies making it into some grand love would be strange to say the least. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Times a million. Better an opportunistic scumbag than outright murderer!

For me its that the show isn't going out of its way to have people in Salem defend Xander's honor.

That being said I don't want him tamed either so I hope he doesn't have a long term pairing on this show because that's a ticket to doom.

• Love 1

I could see him and Sarah being a thing once Eric and Nicole reunite. I don't think she's interesting with him in the long run though...but for a storyline that keeps the Xander on the canvas for a couple of months? That could work.

I mean...he's the shows best hunk, and he's had no actual love story since he came on. They flirted with the idea of him and Nicole but turned him bad before he could follow through with it. He and Serena were F buddies at best and that relationship also turned sour. I never bought him being in love with Nicole last fall. Their marriage was a total joke and frankly a bad idea. I would much rather see him trying to prove himself to upstanding Doctor Sarah than fawning bizarrely over Nicole and hoping she'll show him some affection.

Now, would I prefer it if the writers actually took a moment to acknowledge that he seemed to desperately want Nicole's attention last fall and has somehow gotten over that? Absolutely. (And why aren't the good people of Salem pointing out that he forced Nicole into a marriage last year and now seems to have no particular interest in her?) But otherwise, I see his relationship with Sarah as having potential.

They really screwed the pooch by trying to make him a gun-toting maniac for so long, and I see this as a smart course correction. I hope Xander is viable on the show for many years to come. He's the better version of EJ to me, but I think that's a controversial opinion I should probably keep to myself!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I could see him and Sarah being a thing once Eric and Nicole reunite. I don't think she's interesting with him in the long run though...but for a storyline that keeps the Xander on the canvas for a couple of months? That could work.

I mean...he's the shows best hunk, and he's had no actual love story since he came on. They flirted with the idea of him and Nicole but turned him bad before he could follow through with it. He and Serena were F buddies at best and that relationship also turned sour. I never bought him being in love with Nicole last fall. Their marriage was a total joke and frankly a bad idea. I would much rather see him trying to prove himself to upstanding Doctor Sarah than fawning bizarrely over Nicole and hoping she'll show him some affection.

Now, would I prefer it if the writers actually took a moment to acknowledge that he seemed to desperately want Nicole's attention last fall and has somehow gotten over that? Absolutely. (And why aren't the good people of Salem pointing out that he forced Nicole into a marriage last year and now seems to have no particular interest in her?) But otherwise, I see his relationship with Sarah as having potential.

They really screwed the pooch by trying to make him a gun-toting maniac for so long, and I see this as a smart course correction. I hope Xander is viable on the show for many years to come. He's the better version of EJ to me, but I think that's a controversial opinion I should probably keep to myself!

I agree since Xander didn't rape anyone so if he and Sarah got involved it wouldn't be so gross to me in comparison. Plus there's no wacky timeline. EJ is supposed to be younger than Will and Abby yet he's not. Actually Sarah did point out that Xander forced marriage on her(via blackmail) 

However when a show tames a perfectly good character they go too far and he's totally neutered from how he was before(JJ, Ben etc). I don't want that with Xander that's my fear here.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, boes said:

Regarding Theresa, I pretty much love her.  As for bonking John in the head, well, what family doesn't have its ups and downs?  And at least she aimed for the body part he's always had the least use for.

I agree boes!  As horrible as many of Theresa's actions have been in the past, JL mads the character endearing to the point where we want her to make better choices and live to see another day.  That is also how I feel about ORK's Claire--she has attempted to kill three people and I want her to get away with it all because she's just damn interesting to watch.

On today's episode, I liked that Gabi and Kate have reestablished their bond and that they are confiding in each other again.  The two actresses work well together and I love that they are both so determined to look out for Will, Sonny and Ari and that they want to stop Stefan and DiMera.  Nice 🙂

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

The show was awesome today. I know a lot of people don't care for Wilson on here and I understand why some call them boring and that Chandler has been phoning it in but they were marvelous today. I was a weepy mess and I just lost it when Will could not recite his vows and everybody else had to continue them for him. Just so damn good and this is what soaps are all about; they are suuposed to make us feel for these characters and what they are facing.  

I just have to say that Lauren as Kate was just a scene stealer at the wedding, I could not take my eyes off of her, she just elevates a scene with her presence. every time she cried, I cried as well. Kate loves Will so much even more than her own children. It is why I cannot totally give up on Kate because Lauren humanizes her so well, even when she has done some despicable acts.  This is why the vets are so important to the show, they know their characters so well and act accordingly in a scene that is not about them.  Marlena was being strong as always for her baby Will.  John should have been there for his doc and his grandson Will. I would love to see Kate mentor Gabi. Perhaps, we can get a story that we did not get with Sami and Kate years ago when they took over the Dimera organization. That portrait of Kammie hanging in the Dimera mansion was so sublime.  Another lost potential for greatness that the show missed out on.

I am enjoying the Maggie/Xander friendship. It is so unexpected and organic.  I just don't want Maggie to look like a fool after all is said and done. 

I just can't get into this Kristen/Nicole mess. It is obvious that Ari is enjoying playing Kristen with a Nicole mask on. I do love her chemistry with Xander. Xander and Nicole should have been a real thing. Xander should have been Alexander Kiriakis. Alex being with a woman that was like his biological mother Anjelica could have been an interesting beat to play in his journey on the show. Not to mention how that would have affected Justin, Adrienne, Victor, Sonny and Anjelica.

So I liked this post, but I won't lie, it pisses me off whenever I read stuff like what's in bold. We still have about a month of episodes left where Chandler was pulling double duty working at Days while finishing his college degree. I've never felt he wasn't giving his best effort, but especially knowing he's been filming while having other stuff going on? I just have a very short fuse when it comes to that particular topic. But I agree with you 100%, everything about the wedding was so touching and beautiful. This was legit me trying to watch the whole thing, especially as Will was losing his strength:

giphy.gif

I'm dreading how much worse they'll have Will get, but it should be a hell of a ride!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Theresa actually cares about Tate that seems genuine to me the rest of her? Not so much. She still had no problem taking him away from Brady who was willing to go with joint custody but that wasn't enough for that bitch.  

For me it isn't the age difference I mean if that were the case I wouldn't have liked JJ/Gabi or JJ/Eve but I did.  All of JJ's love interests have been older except for Paige and Haley. So not really sure why you think that's an issue.  

Theresa did care about Brady's safety. IIRC, when she came back to Salem, she was somewhat treated as though she'd been on vacation when she'd been away. She had been through hell, really had changed from the selfish party girl she was once, and it seemed like she couldn't catch a break. I'm by no means saying the character is some kind of saint now, but Jen had acted the hell out of Theresa's pain when she had to leave Tate and Brady to keep them safe. Then she finally thinks she's going to be a family with them, only to find Brady is with her sister. 

I never said I personally think the age difference is an issue. I commented on it because I saw posts discussing the age difference. I also remember when Theresa was first introduced, her age was brought up by Jennifer. 

17 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I agree boes!  As horrible as many of Theresa's actions have been in the past, JL mads the character endearing to the point where we want her to make better choices and live to see another day.  That is also how I feel about ORK's Claire--she has attempted to kill three people and I want her to get away with it all because she's just damn interesting to watch.🙂

Agree about Theresa! She is a compelling character. I am personally tired of the evil storyline with Claire. I'm sure I'll be rooting for her at some point, but right now I just think the chick is out of her mind. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Theresa did care about Brady's safety. IIRC, when she came back to Salem, she was somewhat treated as though she'd been on vacation when she'd been away. She had been through hell, really had changed from the selfish party girl she was once, and it seemed like she couldn't catch a break. I'm by no means saying the character is some kind of saint now, but Jen had acted the hell out of Theresa's pain when she had to leave Tate and Brady to keep them safe. Then she finally thinks she's going to be a family with them, only to find Brady is with her sister. 

I never said I personally think the age difference is an issue. I commented on it because I saw posts discussing the age difference. I also remember when Theresa was first introduced, her age was brought up by Jennifer. 

Agree about Theresa! She is a compelling character. I am personally tired of the evil storyline with Claire. I'm sure I'll be rooting for her at some point, but right now I just think the chick is out of her mind. 

Well its not as if Brady had any reason to think Theresa was doing this to protect him. She told him that she didn't want to be a wife and mother. I mean Brady is an idiot but honestly what reason did he have to not believe her when she said it? He did say he was grateful and tried to meet her halfway with joint custody but she wouldn't accept the fact that he moved on(and honestly why is she surprised this is Brady who moved on with her after she told Melanie who he was with at the time that if she didn't leave she would take Tate away from Brady). Plus this chick lied about Xander attempting to rape her so I was glad to see Karma give this bitch some payback. There's also her telling El Fideo that John/Paul were coming his way... not really sure why Brady would be nice to her after that either despite being Tate's mother.

Yes at the time age was an issue because JJ was barely legal and Theresa was 10 years older course Jennifer also hated Theresa for being a bad influence. Little did she know that Eve was just around the corner lol... 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 1
34 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I agree boes!  As horrible as many of Theresa's actions have been in the past, JL mads the character endearing to the point where we want her to make better choices and live to see another day.  That is also how I feel about ORK's Claire--she has attempted to kill three people and I want her to get away with it all because she's just damn interesting to watch.

On today's episode, I liked that Gabi and Kate have reestablished their bond and that they are confiding in each other again.  The two actresses work well together and I love that they are both so determined to look out for Will, Sonny and Ari and that they want to stop Stefan and DiMera.  Nice 🙂

For me Claire is different because we see her treated as an afterthought and watched her somewhat fall into this place she's in now. Theresa was a bitch from Day 1 and we had no real reason as to why but they slapped a lame backstory to her when they wanted to tame her for Brady so it didn't work on me.

• Love 2

Maggie isn’t as naive as you think Xander. 

Will and Ari little talk was sad and sweet.  That poor girl is going to associate ice cream with bad news soon. 

Kate and Gabi’s chat was interesting   Ari doesn’t think death is permanent?  Who didn’t see that coming?

Is Stefan trying to be a good guy now or is he using Abe ?

what happened to John Black?  He wasn’t at the Wilson wedding and we know he wasn’t visiting his forgotten son or granddaughter.  

• Love 5
(edited)
16 minutes ago, tribeca said:

what happened to John Black?  He wasn’t at the Wilson wedding and we know he wasn’t visiting his forgotten son or granddaughter.  

Marlena did have a line sometime last week that John had flown out to San Francisco to be with Paul who was devastated by the news about Will.  That's the last I remember hearing about him.

Unless that evul Theresa honked him over the head again, of course😁

Edited by boes
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

LOL Boes. Glad I'm not alone here in my Team Theresa tee.

I had completely forgotten about Paul. I still don't think of him as John's son.

It's too bad Lucas and Sami weren't around for the wedding either.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Maggie isn’t as naive as you think Xander. 

Will and Ari little talk was sad and sweet.  That poor girl is going to associate ice cream with bad news soon. 

Kate and Gabi’s chat was interesting   Ari doesn’t think death is permanent?  Who didn’t see that coming?

Is Stefan trying to be a good guy now or is he using Abe ?

Well you can't blame Ari she makes more sense than the adults around her I mean really why would she think death is permanent when Will came back.

I think they're trying to make Stefan a good guy so we'll see him as a victim to Gabi's revenge  when he falls for her even though he had no problem seeing her go to jail for a crime she didn't commit.

Drake's house was affected by the Wildfires when this was filmed and that's why John was written out of these episodes(I guess saying he was checking in on Claire off screen was too much to ask for ...)

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

I'm amazed none of the kids on this show are hugely overweight.  Every time they want to get rid of one of them, they send them away for cookies, ice cream, donuts, or some assorted sugar bomb.  Why can't they, even once, say something like "Now how about we go work on that puzzle, or even, how about we go play trucks?"

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

I'm amazed none of the kids on this show are hugely overweight.  Every time they want to get rid of one of them, they send them away for cookies, ice cream, donuts, or some assorted sugar bomb.  Why can't they, even once, say something like "Now how about we go work on that puzzle, or even, how about we go play trucks?"

Well, that might prove difficult for the adults, and certainly bad for their self esteem, as every single one of the toddlers would win every game, hands down, over their elders.

But, I would LOVE to see Brady playing trucks, LOVE it!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)
20 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Xander over Ben any day.

Well, yes; but a poorly-acted smirking, sleazy bore over a poorly-acted scumbag who is irrationally praised to the skies is kind of a gimme.

Can't they find actors whose dramatic gifts extend beyond taking off a shirt? I guess I'm picky.

I did love Kate's meta-commentary about how few people stay dead in Salem.

Poor Ari! "Ice cream? Why?? Is somebody else gonna die?! Waah!"

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Well color me surprised that Claire's getting the Princess Abigail Horton excuse--"She must be sicker then we thought."  I was sure Ciara and Tripp were going to rip Claire to shreds and denounce her left and right but they were surprisingly sympathetic.  I also liked Eve's genuine worry for Claire and wanting her to get counseling--KdP plays concerned mom very well.

I also like the quieter scenes between Sonny and Will--I like how lowkey they're playing their love and devotion for each other.  I also liked seeing Lucas and Sami sitting by Will's bedside, supporting him and Sonny and talking about the Wilson first wedding and Caroline's lovely speech.  I admit, I got tears in my eyes.

I sort of want Gabi and Stefan to get together for real now--they would kick Chabby's butt from here to East Japip.

• Love 9