Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Nope she works when Brynn is in school. In the summer she does not work when she has Brynn. Snaps have them in the Hampton's other than the day she brings her back to the city, which is today this week.  Tomorrow she'll be working. 

She films when she has Bryn, so that means she has childcare. 

• Love 3

he films when she has Bryn, so that means she has childcare. 

Once last season.  I never saw it on Snap this season and didn't see it in the show.  For all we know the last time (party with Lu in that hideous red jumpsuit) she made it up so that she never had to say the word Tipsy with Sonja.  There isn't as much call for it since they always film during the school year.  I am sure like any parent that there is a babysitter.  Which is very different than a nanny.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I am sorry to hear that Bryn went for being a sweet little girl to being a sassy kid.  No offense to Bethenny but many people don't respond well to people referring to their children being like dogs.  Maybe she should rethink that as a public statement. 

She was using the term sassy as a positive trait.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

She films when she has Bryn, so that means she has childcare. 

I would be surprised to hear that anyone thought that Bethenny never had any help with Bryn. I have always understood her to say that when she is with her daughter, she is with her daughter and she has all of her attention. That when she is spending time with her, she doesn't work. Like the way I was always working when my kids were at home. I would have to take conference calls, or do something in my office and kept saying "mommy with be with you in a minute". Obviously, since she has Bryn 50% of the time, and she works hard, she has to have someone to help out at times. I think that she tries to be with her as much as she can, and tries to manage her schedule in a way that means she does some things when Bryn goes to sleep. 

These chicks always want to make sure and call out when they don't have a nanny, because so many in their circles do. They aren't saying they don't have help at all. Kyle on the BH show did this and folks got all over her for it years ago, which I thought was silly. She was called all matter of a liar for saying she didn't have a nanny when it was discovered that she had a babysitter that helped out when necessary. She was proud that she didn't have live in help when most folks she knew did, but admitted that she did have folks that she relied on to help out with the kids. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Once last season.  I never saw it on Snap this season and didn't see it in the show.  For all we know the last time (party with Lu in that hideous red jumpsuit) she made it up so that she never had to say the word Tipsy with Sonja.  There isn't as much call for it since they always film during the school year.  I am sure like any parent that there is a babysitter.  Which is very different than a nanny.

They film on weekends and during non school days as well. She uses a babysitter that has the same qualifications that a nanny has. Also, she has talked about having to film when she has Bryn several times since she joined the show. 

40 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I would be surprised to hear that anyone thought that Bethenny never had any help with Bryn. I have always understood her to say that when she is with her daughter, she is with her daughter and she has all of her attention. That when she is spending time with her, she doesn't work. Like the way I was always working when my kids were at home. I would have to take conference calls, or do something in my office and kept saying "mommy with be with you in a minute". Obviously, since she has Bryn 50% of the time, and she works hard, she has to have someone to help out at times. I think that she tries to be with her as much as she can, and tries to manage her schedule in a way that means she does some things when Bryn goes to sleep. 

These chicks always want to make sure and call out when they don't have a nanny, because so many in their circles do. They aren't saying they don't have help at all. Kyle on the BH show did this and folks got all over her for it years ago, which I thought was silly. She was called all matter of a liar for saying she didn't have a nanny when it was discovered that she had a babysitter that helped out when necessary. She was proud that she didn't have live in help when most folks she knew did, but admitted that she did have folks that she relied on to help out with the kids. 

Tell that to Bethenny, she is the one saying that she doesn't have a nanny like she doesn't have any child care. IMO, it is the word/title "nanny" that makes her uncomfortable, I believe that whoever she has watching Bryn has nanny training but that Bethenny refuses to call her that. Also, most nannies are not "live in" nannies, they work 8-9 hours and then go home when the parent(s) get home from work. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

They film on weekends and during non school days as well. She uses a babysitter that has the same qualifications that a nanny has. Also, she has talked about having to film when she has Bryn several times since she joined the show. 

Tell that to Bethenny, she is the one saying that she doesn't have a nanny like she doesn't have any child care. IMO, it is the word/title "nanny" that makes her uncomfortable, I believe that whoever she has watching Bryn has nanny training but that Bethenny refuses to call her that. Also, most nannies are not "live in" nannies, they work 8-9 hours and then go home when the parent(s) get home from work. 

It is the danger in speaking in absolutes.  Obviously on the show we have seen Bethenny-in the Berkshires for example, work while Bryn stayed in a hotel with hopefully a nanny or some qualified care provider while she had a meltdown at Dorinda's birthday party.  I get where Bethenny is coming from she doesn't have a designated "nanny" versus when she had a baby nurse.  It is kind of like Kyle Richards who has repeatedly stated she has never had a nanny.  She had someone come in one day a week a Girl Friday or something and had what she thought was arrangements while she and Mauricio went to Napa with the same person for childcare, she mentioned the woman quit without notice.  Ever since that utterance people have accused Kyle of having a nanny.  I don't think Bethenny has a nanny. I do think she works when she has her daughter be it passively answering calls or e-mails or attending filming events.  She elected to leave Luann's event early because she wanted to put Bryn down.  That would be working while she has Bryn.  Absolutes are dangerous.  And we are all guilty of them.

Now so I can get beat up-rearranging custody schedules to comport with your work schedule is a little like working when you should have your child.  She went home a day early from T&C to watch Bryn's recital and claimed she would have been away from her for nine days and then had a 12 day book tour commitment.  She cried and bawled she just could not be away from her daughter for 20 something days.  All in all I do believe Bethenny gives more than adequate attention to Bryn when she has her. 

• Love 4

So the objection is that Bethenny *should* call her child care people "nannies"?

I mean, she has child care, I don't think there's any argument there, but she's... lying? Because she says she doesn't have a nanny but does have babysitters?

If we're going to be pedantic, then no, she doesn't have "a nanny" in the sense that she doesn't have someone employed to live in the house and tend Bryn as their sole job. I'm really not understanding why she's being called out for calling her cadre of baby sitters "baby sitters" and not "nannies".

• Love 10

Unlike very wealthy families where nannies are the norm through several generations, I think many people with new money are awkward with the caregiver names & adjectives. However with Bethenny I think this is just indirect custody positioning. We've seen her in the Berkshires at least twice with Bryn staying in a hotel; same for vacations/work-related events. The average babysitter doesn't travel with the family or have an unusually extensive schedule. 

• Love 5

So now we are taking umbrage because she uses child care but doesn't call them nannies? BEC IMHO

This woman can not win for losing. 

Edited by bagger
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, bagger said:

So now we are taking umbrage because she uses child care but doesn't call them nannies? BEC IMHO

I believe the discussion is about the fact Bethenny claims to never work while she has her daughter.  Several examples have been given to the contrary that she in fact works.  It doesn't matter if she calls the care provider a nanny, babysitter, assistant or chauffeur she is working while she has her daughter.  I do recall Bethenny saying she had her assistant pick Bryn up from school.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, film noire said:

..only me thinking she's starting to look like Bernadette back in the day? 

bethenny mom.jpg

Wow! Beth looks really pretty here! It's a soft look. Really gorgeous. But, yes, her eyes resemble Bernadette's eyes a lot in this photo.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, bagger said:

I'm also just stuck on the hate being thrown over just the idea that someone would have a nanny.  Why the hate over someone having a nanny?  

• Love 9
12 hours ago, bagger said:

LOL. Very, very true.

Except, she does kind of win here. It is a nothing article. Says nothing, makes zero news. But it gets clicked on tons of times and commented on. So people keep talking about her, even where there is no news. Someone somewhere is adding up all those clicks and recording them. They keep them in a nice binder that they use every time they go and make a presentation on her media impressions. 

• Love 7

I'm sure she works on the days she has custody of her daughter - particularly when she's in school.  What I take her to mean by "I never work when I'm with my daughter"  is that when they are physically in the same space she doesn't take calls, doesn't talk business with her assistants, isn't checking and responding to emails - she's spending quality time with Bryn.  I don't take it to mean: when I have custody of my daughter I take full days/weeks off from my business.  

I also think that she sees "nanny" as meaning full-time, regular help.  I'm sure she has baby sitters, like we all do, to help out when she can't miss a work commitment.

• Love 8

Beth and the nanny statement is splitting hairs.  She has regularly scheduled help, especially when she's filming.  Nothing wrong with that but it's about being the 'hands on' mother.  The reality is that she shares custody.  She's not a full time working mother.  And if she was, she would have full time help aka nanny.  Maybe not now because her daughter is in school but her point is that she devotes herself to her daughter but she's not in the same position of sole custody or even two working parents.  Especially those who are not in a position of controlling their work time.  She's self employed.

On another note, Halle Berry was on WWHL tonight and Andy showed a picture of Halle Berry and Beth in the Miss Long Island contest (or something like that) and Andy said something about Halle competing with Beth.  Halle replied that they weren't competing.  Look at who is wearing the sash aka title.  Cracked me up.  A little shade there.  BTW, I enjoyed the show.

• Love 6

When Bethenny was on WWHL someone called in and asked about Carole's breasts.  Bethenny said something about them being nice and small.  Of course she then turned her attention to her breasts and commented and hw great hers were.  Jeff Lewis asked if she had implants and Bethenny lied again and claimed it was just a breast lift-years ago.  It is as if she doesn't think the viewers notice her implants.  She went on to make fun of Ramona's giant implants.  I guess my issue is she is running around saying she has the best breasts.  Anyone disagreeing with her will be severely punished. 

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:17 PM, diadochokinesis said:

I'm also just stuck on the hate being thrown over just the idea that someone would have a nanny.  Why the hate over someone having a nanny?  

I am not getting the hate.  IMO pointing out blatant inconsistencies is not hate, it is more about the truth than anything else.  As far as the semantics of nanny vs. daycare provider, babysitter, assistant there are people who actually train to become nannies and are offended at just anyone calling themselves a nanny. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, 918lux said:

I'm sure she works on the days she has custody of her daughter - particularly when she's in school.  What I take her to mean by "I never work when I'm with my daughter"  is that when they are physically in the same space she doesn't take calls, doesn't talk business with her assistants, isn't checking and responding to emails - she's spending quality time with Bryn.  I don't take it to mean: when I have custody of my daughter I take full days/weeks off from my business.  

I also think that she sees "nanny" as meaning full-time, regular help.  I'm sure she has baby sitters, like we all do, to help out when she can't miss a work commitment.

I cannot speak for all working mothers, but for those that I know, there is a big difference between having a nanny and childcare. I certainly saw a huge difference when my kids were young and I had childcare help, and my BFF and co-worker had a nanny. 

2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I guess my issue is she is running around saying she has the best breasts.  Anyone disagreeing with her will be severely punished. 

If so, then I guess Carole will be severely punished. Carole is saying she has the best breasts, which means that Bethenny does not. They still seem to be good friends. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Beth and the nanny statement is splitting hairs.  She has regularly scheduled help, especially when she's filming.  Nothing wrong with that but it's about being the 'hands on' mother.  The reality is that she shares custody.  She's not a full time working mother.  And if she was, she would have full time help aka nanny.  Maybe not now because her daughter is in school but her point is that she devotes herself to her daughter but she's not in the same position of sole custody or even two working parents.  Especially those who are not in a position of controlling their work time.  She's self employed.

On another note, Halle Berry was on WWHL tonight and Andy showed a picture of Halle Berry and Beth in the Miss Long Island contest (or something like that) and Andy said something about Halle competing with Beth.  Halle replied that they weren't competing.  Look at who is wearing the sash aka title.  Cracked me up.  A little shade there.  BTW, I enjoyed the show.

If I were Halle, I'd be loathe to invite comparisons between myself and Bethenny. For all of Bethenny's issues, she's not Halle level crazy. Halle's father was abusive and abandoned them. She cannot stop picking partners who will do the same. Bethenny might have had men who were abusive and abandoned them, but she's mimicking her mother. However, I feel like Bethenny is just self-aware enough that she's trying stop herself from going full blown Bernadette through therapy.

• Love 6

On another note, Halle Berry was on WWHL tonight and Andy showed a picture of Halle Berry and Beth in the Miss Long Island contest (or something like that) and Andy said something about Halle competing with Beth.  Halle replied that they weren't competing.  Look at who is wearing the sash aka title. 

That was hilarious. SkinnyBitch was probably seething.

• Love 2

Does anybody honestly believe Frankel has an untrained person watching her child when she's working? The woman hires a professional to wax her ass -- I doubt she'd apply a less exacting standard to childcare. Which means Frankel is denying having a "nanny" to appear down home instead of Downton - "Me, snooty? Never!" -- not because she doesn't actually have a nanny-qualified/trained person in charge of her child when she's not available. She's marketing herself to her customer base -- the majority of whom are not urban 1 percenters with cash to burn on childcare when they're off shooting a tv show (one of those shows being a program showcasing a long time baby nurse, ahem). Or maybe I'm just being cynical, and hiring expert childcare is one of the fab things Frankel feel she has to "hide", so the cast won't be jealous of her.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, film noire said:

Does anybody honestly believe Frankel has an untrained person watching her child when she's working? The woman hires a professional to wax her ass -- I doubt she'd apply a less exacting standard to childcare. Which means Frankel is denying having a "nanny" to appear down home instead of Downton - "Me, snooty? Never!" -- not because she doesn't actually have a nanny-qualified/trained person in charge of her child when she's not available. She's marketing herself to her customer base -- the majority of whom are not urban 1 percenters with cash to burn on childcare when they're off shooting a tv show (one of those shows being a program showcasing a long time baby nurse, ahem). Or maybe I'm just being cynical, and hiring expert childcare is one of the fab things Frankel feel she has to "hide", so the cast won't be jealous of her.

I believe what Bethenny is trying to convey is she works when Bryn is with Jason and when Bryn is in school or doing other activities and when she has Bryn she is devoted to her.  My guess is she probably goes out from time to time, as evidenced by her RHONY filming schedule but she does not have a person with Bryn while she is with her.  Maybe just maybe it is the one thing she took away form Jason when they were married and Bethenny had her assistants and the like hanging around all hours of the day and night.a  He tried to set a rule of no one after 6 pm and she and her assistants cackled.  I guess going to court over custody will wipe the smirk off your face.

My bigger question to New Yorkers-is what the hell does Kevin do all day?  He is her driver.  Is it a service where someone is assigned a driver?  Does she own the car?  I have never figured out a driver's role in the wealthy's lives.  Bethenny claims she helicopters in to the Hamptons and I doubt she cruises the streets all day.  So what does a driver do all day if their passenger is working?  Bethenny seems incredibly organized so I imagine she has her day planned pretty well.  I guess he would motor Bryn to school and pick her up that takes about 10 days out of the month-what does he do the rest of the month?  Does he drive her to her office and then wait around and pick her up?  Honest question.

• Love 4

My bigger question to New Yorkers-is what the hell does Kevin do all day?  He is her driver.  Is it a service where someone is assigned a driver?  Does she own the car?  I have never figured out a driver's role in the wealthy's lives.  Bethenny claims she helicopters in to the Hampton

There are general outlines.  In this case Bethenny owns the car.  He drives exclusively for SG.  So anything that  requires transport. He also drives staff.  He drops things off and picks things up.  And Bethenny determines priorities.  So sometimes he works weekends.  Sometimes he doesn't.  Most of NYC is on vacation in August so this is when nanny's and drivers plan to be off.  Bethenny takes the helicopter a lot when she is solo but Kevin drives her a lot back and forth.  I think from snaps that often her dogs are driven out and she will fly out after whatever work she's done.  So Kevin is exclusive to Bethenny.  His hours on/off etc are all contracted out.  I would be that the night he spent in the hotel in the Berkshires was negotiated.  I know that Erik's driver and Kevin seem to have the same set up.

Last weekend Bethenny and Brynn flew back on a sea plane.

• Love 7

Nobody eats crackers like Bethenny does! Even for a non-issue like this...

• Love 4

Bethenny is currently Insta her new apartment.  It is striped to the studs, almost. It is HUGE by any standards. Her closet will be as big as my master. So full work crew but looks like they are just starting. 

• Love 2

It's about a block from her old apartment, on the other side of Broadway. I looked it up the moment the clip of the new apartment appeared on Bravo.

I hate the floor plan almost as much as I disliked the floor plan for Tom's penthouse. 

Edited by Atwood
More info
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Atwood said:

It's about a block from her old apartment, on the other side of Broadway. I looked it up the moment the clip of the new apartment appeared on Bravo.

I hate the floor plan almost as much as I disliked the floor plan for Tom's penthouse. 

I have to wonder if she is going to have her SKG offices in this apartment like she has done before, the apartment is huge!

19 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

He was pretty quiet when she first started talking, but barking when Bethenny began slut shaming Lu. Maybe he hates slut shaming.

Yes, he hates slut shaming and her getting up aggressively!

• Love 4

I hate the floor plan almost as much as I disliked the floor plan for Tom's penthouse. 

All those walls are gone.  She was just standing and saying 'this is the closet etc.  So it seems that the 'studio' next to the bath is now a closet.  The bath is in the same general location.  

No her offices are staying where they are.  She mentioned that during the staff weekend.  Until they outgrow the space and then she'll find something bigger and better.

Good job on finding it the location.  I'm adding it to my NYC stalker list.

• Love 1
On 8/2/2017 at 5:28 PM, film noire said:

..only me thinking she's starting to look like Bernadette back in the day? 

bethenny mom.jpg

She needs to stop screwing with her face. The overdone lips dont look good, neither do the plumpers.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

All those walls are gone.  She was just standing and saying 'this is the closet etc.  So it seems that the 'studio' next to the bath is now a closet.  The bath is in the same general location.  

No her offices are staying where they are.  She mentioned that during the staff weekend.  Until they outgrow the space and then she'll find something bigger and better.

Good job on finding it the location.  I'm adding it to my NYC stalker list.

Does Bethenny really put all this info on her SM accounts for any and all to read? I don't think that is the wisest thing to do now days, too many loons follow these women on their SM accounts!

• Love 3

The problem with these lofts is the lack of windows in many rooms.  So does Bryn get the bedroom off the living room which is kind of impractical or will she be put in one of the studios?  The other choice is to cut off the library and make a bedroom.  But then her bathroom will have to be figured out.

And no outside space.  

I wonder how long she'll keep it before selling. 

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

She's starting to look a little wonky.

She has that generic plastic look. The one you get when you don't have a facelift or eyelift but you go overboard with the lesser treatments and you look fake.

Yes, she had a strong jaw that she cut down when she didn't need to. It suited her. She had unique look and with what she's done now she looks nothing like herself.

It's too bad.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

The problem with these lofts is the lack of windows in many rooms.  So does Bryn get the bedroom off the living room which is kind of impractical or will she be put in one of the studios?  The other choice is to cut off the library and make a bedroom.  But then her bathroom will have to be figured out.

I think she is gutting the place so the rooms will most likely be completely reconfigured. That said as you stated the lack of windows will still be an issue. I realize it wouldn't be a legal bedroom but my ideal rooms a dark cave with absolutely no windows!

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I think she is gutting the place so the rooms will most likely be completely reconfigured. That said as you stated the lack of windows will still be an issue. I realize it wouldn't be a legal bedroom but my ideal rooms a dark cave with absolutely no windows!

Is her new apartment on Greene Street?  Looks like she's staying in the same neighborhood. 

5 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Nope, it's definitely the same as in the listing photos, the "studios" (aka bedrooms, but can't be sold as such since they don't fulfill the legal requirement of having windows) already have a wall of closets. If you google the adress and unit number at the top of the floor plan I linked to you'll see that it's unchanged since the sale/floor plan. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Atwood said:

Nope, it's definitely the same as in the listing photos, the "studios" (aka bedrooms, but can't be sold as such since they don't fulfill the legal requirement of having windows) already have a wall of closets. If you google the adress and unit number at the top of the floor plan I linked to you'll see that it's unchanged since the sale/floor plan. 

Didn't Bethenny or Bravo say that she took her other apartment off the market because she was waiting for approval to make the changes to her new apartment? If that is true then she hasn't taken down any walls or made any structural changes to the apartment yet. 

• Love 4