Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

Maybe she did (or maybe she read a personal ad, circa 1921 -- "My dream man is: 50, eligible,  got a buffalo nickel in his pocket and a fancyman penthouse apartment and no damn harridan of a wife and a couple of failed engagements to a society missus. Diamond dickers welcome.")  

So she basically recycled Luann's personal add? And if it is circa 1921, damn, Luann looks good for her age.

In any case, someone's belief that Carole used "old timey" language in her TH still doesn't prove a thing about Carole making up the rumors, or that she herself believes Tom is gay.

So, unless Carole is reading our comments and then talking our posts as gospel truth, she made it up.

There does exist a world outside of the PTV comments section.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Carole lives in NYC and has ears.  She could have heard things about Tom from any number of people. Actual live living walking around talking people.

Yeah, especially how insulated we keep being told that world is.

There is more to the universe than just this web site and blogs, believe it or not. 

You beat me to it ;)

• Love 4

It should be addressed at the Reunion. Although, RHOA are by far the worst offenders regarding gay rumors and get away with it mostly.(except for Marlo)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but Carole lives in NYC and has ears.  She could have heard things about Tom from any number of people. Actual live living walking around talking people.

There is more to the universe than just this web site and blogs, believe it or not. 

I have to LOL at the idea that a rumor can't exist if Ramona was unable to uncover it.  

Carole should be better than to publish unfounded rumors.  She went one step further and came up with a theory why the rumor might be true based purely on speculation and very weak string of observations.  This form a supposed journalist whose credentials continued to be tarnished.  A woman whose incredibly boring storyline was about someone repeating (and that someone was named) rumors about her using a ghostwriter.  When word on the street was about her she flipped her lid and even became physical with someone.  Irresponsible and cementing her spot on the D list.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BBHN said:

When did she publish anything about Tom?

Everything she said had probably heard from others.

Oxford Dictionary-

publish- communicate (a libel) to a third party.

ORIGIN

Middle English (in the sense 'make generally known') from the stem of Old French pulpier, from the Latin publicare 'make public' from publicus (see public).

Carole published the rumor by making it public while filming with Bethenny.    

• Love 2
(edited)

We don't know what she told Bethenny. She just mentioned rumors to Bethenny but never said to Bethenny what the rumors were. Carole said "Just think about all the rumors", which could indicate Bethenny already heard about the rumors herself. Which could indicate Carole didn't publish them to Bethenny.

She discussed the rumors in her talking head. So I guess that makes us the "third party" when she "published" the rumors?

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, BBHN said:

We don't know what she told Bethenny. She just mentioned rumors to Bethenny but never said to Bethenny what the rumors were. Carole said "Just think about all the rumors", which could indicate Bethenny already heard about the rumors herself. Which could indicate Carole didn't "publish" them to Bethenny.

She discussed the rumors in her talking head. So I guess that makes us the "third party" when she "published" the rumors?

Carol brought it up on camera with Bethenny about the rumors. Prefacing something with "word on the street" "I have heard" "rumor has it" is still publishing.  There was no doubt as to what the "rumors" were implying..

• Love 3
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Carole should be better than to publish unfounded rumors.  She went one step further and came up with a theory why the rumor might be true based purely on speculation and very weak string of observations.  This form a supposed journalist whose credentials continued to be tarnished.  A woman whose incredibly boring storyline was about someone repeating (and that someone was named) rumors about her using a ghostwriter.  When word on the street was about her she flipped her lid and even became physical with someone.  Irresponsible and cementing her spot on the D list.  

I am not sure why you keep using my posts as a launching pad to rip into Carole. I haven't attempted to defend her once.  

Perhaps this talk about what she said should be moved to her thread since it is really about her and not Bethenny.

• Love 5
(edited)

Carol brought it up on camera with Bethenny about the rumors. Prefacing something with "word on the street" "I have heard" "rumor has it" is still publishing.  There was no doubt as to what the "rumors" were implying..

But they never discussed the rumors. So you can't say she published something to Bethenny when they didn't discuss the issue.

Perhaps this talk about what she said should be moved to her thread since it is really about her and not Bethenny.

Good point.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

We don't know what she told Bethenny. She just mentioned rumors to Bethenny but never said to Bethenny what the rumors were. Carole said "Just think about all the rumors", which could indicate Bethenny already heard about the rumors herself. Which could indicate Carole didn't publish them to Bethenny.

Soooo, is it equivalent to how we publish rumors on here?

• Love 6

The entirety of the conversation between BETHENNY and Carole was about promulgating rumors about Tom being gay.  They were having a discussion and making comments about Tom's sexuality.  It was a viewer on WWHL that asked how Luann felt about Bethenny and Carole talking about Tom being gay.  Luann claimed to have not noticed and Andy interjected they had been making gay slams about Tom. Andy had been put on notice by the Huffington Post .  Granted this letter came out after the scene was filmed.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/an-open-letter-to-andy-cohen_us_58af4c01e4b0658fc20f9304  I guess an argument could be made that Carole and Bethenny were simply miffed they weren't invited to the wedding or even their predictions about the wedding being nixed didn't come to fruition.  In any event the two of them participated in a conversation that demeaned the marriage and questioned Tom's sexuality. 

All of these women and Andy Cohen do have duty at some point to not throw out unsubstantiated rumors.  These folks are ten years in and in the case of Andy and Carole both frequently cite their careers in main stream media news departments.  Bethenny was very upset when Kristen just mentioned something about "not judging a book by its cover", to a reporter.   Be it a reporter or a filmed conversation on the show it is a way to keep put into the universe an unsubstantiated rumor and in doing so forwards the idea.  There has been ample conversation on devaluing the impending marriage of Tom and Luann.  As much as Bethenny writes in her blogs or even said in this past week's episode Tom and Luann are married she and Carole have not really taken their foot of the accelerator when it comes to forwarding rumors.  In the case of Bethenny she can't have it both ways, entertaining and encouraging Ramona on her plunge into inappropriateness regarding the couple and then lecturing about she, Luann is married now. 

Great deference has been afforded Bethenny when it comes to just basic things about Tom having dated Sonja and Ramona-it was entire storyline.  Yet no one ever brings up the fact that Bethenny returned to the show having fucked Josh Taekman, the husband of a then current RHONYC.  I will had it to Kristen she shut Brandi down when Brandi went down that lane on her show with Kristen.  But here we have Bethenny prattling on and on about Sonja and Tom and Luann and Tom.  This is why I applaud Luann from shifting from her Reunion attempts at firing back at Bethenny to just looking out for her own happiness.  Bethenny also gets a pass with becoming friends with an old girlfriend of one her boyfriends in Kyle Richards.  Instead Bravo and the rest celebrate the long term relationship and keep the Bethennyesque comments out of the conversation. 

• Love 4

Soooo, is it equivalent to how we publish rumors on here?

Possibly ;)

The entirety of the conversation between BETHENNY and Carole was about promulgating rumors about Tom being gay

It was just 2 sentences about...well, they never said was gay, Carole just said there were rumors about Tom.

I guess an argument could be made that Carole and Bethenny were simply miffed they weren't invited to the wedding

I don't feel Carole or Bethenny were that upset/offended/miffed that they weren't invited.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

All of these women and Andy Cohen do have duty at some point to not throw out unsubstantiated rumors. 

Rumors have been part of this show from day one, especially rumors about people's sexuality and relationships.  There have been rumors of open marriages, rumors of cheating, rumors of promiscuity ... 

I am not sure why merely mentioning there are rumors about Tom's sexuality is being considered so shocking.  He's not some sacred cow.  Neither is his wife.  Luann is also ten years into doing this show and she also knows the ropes.  If they don't want the standard Real Housewives treatment, perhaps they should not be appearing on a Real Housewives show where they know every rumor and every secret is considered fair game.

Then again, I don't believe I've heard either of them complaining about the matter.  Others seem to have taken up the cause on their behalf.  Which actually makes me wonder ... would Luann appreciate it being made into a "thing?"  Because she clearly seemed to want to avoid making it a topic of discussion on WWHL.   I'm not sure she would want see the matter become the big issue some are making it into.  It only draws attention to it, of course, and Luann is too savvy to fall into that trap. 

The entirety of the conversation between BETHENNY and Carole was about promulgating rumors about Tom being gay.  

It just seems that some people are only focusing on what Carole said and what a sad, evil person she is.  And Carole has her own thread.  I realize it's a BORING thread, but perhaps if people took their Carole concerns there, it would liven things up a bit. ;-)

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I have to LOL at the idea that a rumor can't exist if Ramona was unable to uncover it.  

Again, had this rumor been out there, it would have been reported by bloggers that follow this show. It was not, which makes me think that the rumor originates with Carole. 

Yes, I do think that if this rumor was being said Ramona would have outed it on the show. She was looking for any dirt on Tom to hurt Luann and the idea that Luann was nothing more than Tom's beard would have been show/camera gold to her. 

33 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Rumors have been part of this show from day one, especially rumors about people's sexuality and relationships.  There have been rumors of open marriages, rumors of cheating, rumors of promiscuity ... 

I am not sure why merely mentioning there are rumors about Tom's sexuality is being considered so shocking.  He's not some sacred cow.  Neither is his wife.  Luann is also ten years into doing this show and she also knows the ropes.  If they don't want the standard Real Housewives treatment, perhaps they should not be appearing on a Real Housewives show where they know every rumor and every secret is considered fair game.

Then again, I don't believe I've heard either of them complaining about the matter.  Others seem to have taken up the cause on their behalf.  Which actually makes me wonder ... would Luann appreciate it being made into a "thing?"  Because she clearly seemed to want to avoid making it a topic of discussion on WWHL.   I'm not sure she would want see the matter become the big issue some are making it into.  It only draws attention to it, of course, and Luann is too savvy to fall into that trap. 

It just seems that some people are only focusing on what Carole said and what a sad, evil person she is.  And Carole has her own thread.  I realize it's a BORING thread, but perhaps if people took their Carole concerns there, it would liven things up a bit.  

IMO, there is a difference between repeating rumors already out there and making up/starting the rumor yourself. I'm not so sure that Carole or Bethenny would like it if someone made up a rumor/lie about them and said it on camera. Well, actually, we already know Bethenny doesn't like that, she went so far as to call Shields "daughter" at the last reunion to counter Luann's "rumor" about her/Shields getting together when he was still living with his (still legal/current) wife.

Oh, and Carole isn't sad/evil but she can be and has been cruel to others, this is just an example of it. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Again, had this rumor been out there, it would have been reported by bloggers that follow this show. It was not, which makes me think that the rumor originates with Carole. 

I am taking my response to the Carol thread.  Because this is the Bethenny thread.  Not the Carol thread.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It just seems that some people are only focusing on what Carole said and what a sad, evil person she is.  And Carole has her own thread.  I realize it's a BORING thread, but perhaps if people took their Carole concerns there, it would liven things up a bit. ;-)

I don't know if I was shocked more like disappointed and offended.  It is a personal each RH sets for themselves.

Very valid point much like other celebrities don't bother to deny rumors of being gay, Tom and Luann have just opted to take the high road and say nothing.  Well not exactly nothing Luann will tell you how happy she is being married.  It seems to me Luann has thought through her plan and how she will deal with naysayers and although boring works for her.  All I really ever hear her say or blog about is the frequency with which the others focus on Tom.   I believe the others find her attitude patronizing and get further annoyed with her.  In other words she is not taking the bait this year.  She shouldn't in my view as she does a horrible job of defending herself.

The conversation was between Bethenny and Carole and to me, it was the usual crass comments from Bethenny and Carole was a part of the conversation and contributed to it significantly.

I feel like if there is a conversation participated by two people on the show either thread or even the episode thread is appropriate to make comments. 

• Love 6

The conversation was between Bethenny and Carole and to me, it was the usual crass comments from Bethenny and Carole was a part of the conversation and contributed to it significantly.

It was two sentences.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Contributed to what significantly? As BBHN said, it was two sentences. 

Two sentences that I had forgotten about. They didn't make it a "thing". It hasn't been a running commentary on the show, at least as far as I am aware. It seems like there is a necessity by some to make it a "thing", but I didn't see Carole and Beth doing that. I am surprised that some on the forum that are so offended by the others bringing up the rumor that Tom might be gay are bringing it up to people who have largely forgotten it was ever addressed. If the notion of the rumor so offends, let it die a dignified death. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Two sentences that I had forgotten about. They didn't make it a "thing". 

The length has nothing to do with impact, though - she could have done it in two words -- "closet queen" -- instead she yammered on longer, happily trading in homophobic stereotypes.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2

Two sentences that I had forgotten about. They didn't make it a "thing". It hasn't been a running commentary on the show, at least as far as I am aware. It seems like there is a necessity by some to make it a "thing", but I didn't see Carole and Beth doing that.

Yeah, basically, most of whatever they said was edited out, for whatever reason. Two sentences, and then they spent the rest of the time discussing Carole and Adam.

• Love 1

This forum has been locked until Midnight US Eastern.

Over the past few weeks, there has been a large increase in sniping among posters in this forum, and many reports. We have locked the forum to give everyone a chance to read and absorb the following guidelines:

1. Snark the show, not your fellow posters.

2. It is perfectly fine for someone to have an opinion that's different than yours.

3. A differing opinion should not be a catalyst for vehement disagreement and endless back and forth. State your opinion once, and move on. You can agree to disagree by simply not posting on the subject further.

4. Stop stating opinions and speculation as fact. We rarely know for sure what's going on behind the scenes. Speculation is encouraged, but saying "I think", "in my opinion" or "it's possible that" helps keep things from escalating. 

5. If someone's posts annoy you, use the Ignore feature. If someone really crosses a line, report, but do not engage. 

6. Don't discuss mod actions in the thread. Please PM us if you have a question or concern - @Lisin, @OnceSane, @Mya Stone, @Aethera.

7. This is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun for you, consider changing your approach.

Failure to follow these rules may lead to suspension or banning from the site.

So, CNBC has a new article on Bethenny (and Kim K-bleh). Link: CNBC article

What I thought interesting was this: 

Though Frankel sold her Skinnygirl line of cocktails, the 46-year-old kept her position as CEO and still retains the right to use the Skinnygirl name for products other than alcohol. The entrepreneur has created female-focused low-calories foods such as Skinny Pop, Skinny Pizza and the Skinny Flavored Latte.

I thought Skinny Pop was someone else (I know she has Skinnygirl Popcorn) and I had never heard of the pizza or latte but they don't sell the products where I live so I'm not up on everything that is sold. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

So, CNBC has a new article on Bethenny (and Kim K-bleh). Link: CNBC article

What I thought interesting was this: 

I thought Skinny Pop was someone else (I know she has Skinnygirl Popcorn) and I had never heard of the pizza or latte but they don't sell the products where I live so I'm not up on everything that is sold. 

I think the article might be wrong. Professor Google says Skinny Pop is made by a company called Amplify & headed by a CEO named Tom Ennis -- and the "skinny"refers to having fewer ingredients, not being lower in calories -- so it's not in her "low cal" wheelhouse. (If it is a mistake, talk about shitty research on the writer's part.)

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, film noire said:

I think the article might be wrong. Professor Google says Skinny Pop is made by a company called Amplify & headed by a CEO named Tom Ennis -- and the "skinny"refers to having fewer ingredients, not being lower in calories -- so it's not in her "low cal" wheelhouse. (If it is a mistake, talk about shitty research on the writer's part.)

That was my thought (on the writer). Like, go to her website and double check the name. The branding on Skinny Pop isn't even close to the branding on all of her SG stuff. She has a very clear branding identity so it isn't like there would be confusion amongst her different products. 

• Love 3
(edited)
15 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

She has a very clear branding identity so it isn't like there would be confusion amongst her different products. 

Right (and it's beyond sloppy since CNBC runs "Shark Tank" about  a gazillion times a week & she just joined as a guest judge).

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, film noire said:

Right (and it's beyond sloppy since CNBC runs "Shark Tank" about  a gazillion times a week & she just joined as a guest judge).

Sloppy indeed. These are pretty basic facts they failed to get right. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Sloppy indeed. These are pretty basic facts they failed to get right. 

I'm not even going to google it because I don't believe that Bethenny introduced a Skinny Girl Pizza.  I follow her on twitter and snap and trust me, if she had a pizza I would have seen something about it. But she does have K Cups with teas and a half caf option which is interesting.  She just introduced deli meats.  So I think someone just wrote this off the top of their head.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

I'm not even going to google it because I don't believe that Bethenny introduced a Skinny Girl Pizza.  I follow her on twitter and snap and trust me, if she had a pizza I would have seen something about it. But she does have K Cups with teas and a half caf option which is interesting.  She just introduced deli meats.  So I think someone just wrote this off the top of their head.

There are Skinny Pizza restaurants in NYC but they don't look to be SG related. The closest thing I could find was that she put a recipe on the blog for a skinny pizza.  

• Love 3
On 7/10/2017 at 0:42 AM, zoeysmom said:

The entirety of the conversation between BETHENNY and Carole was about promulgating rumors about Tom being gay.  They were having a discussion and making comments about Tom's sexuality.  It was a viewer on WWHL that asked how Luann felt about Bethenny and Carole talking about Tom being gay.  Luann claimed to have not noticed and Andy interjected they had been making gay slams about Tom. Andy had been put on notice by the Huffington Post .  Granted this letter came out after the scene was filmed.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/an-open-letter-to-andy-cohen_us_58af4c01e4b0658fc20f9304  I guess an argument could be made that Carole and Bethenny were simply miffed they weren't invited to the wedding or even their predictions about the wedding being nixed didn't come to fruition.  In any event the two of them participated in a conversation that demeaned the marriage and questioned Tom's sexuality. 

All of these women and Andy Cohen do have duty at some point to not throw out unsubstantiated rumors.  These folks are ten years in and in the case of Andy and Carole both frequently cite their careers in main stream media news departments.  Bethenny was very upset when Kristen just mentioned something about "not judging a book by its cover", to a reporter.   Be it a reporter or a filmed conversation on the show it is a way to keep put into the universe an unsubstantiated rumor and in doing so forwards the idea.  There has been ample conversation on devaluing the impending marriage of Tom and Luann.  As much as Bethenny writes in her blogs or even said in this past week's episode Tom and Luann are married she and Carole have not really taken their foot of the accelerator when it comes to forwarding rumors.  In the case of Bethenny she can't have it both ways, entertaining and encouraging Ramona on her plunge into inappropriateness regarding the couple and then lecturing about she, Luann is married now. 

Great deference has been afforded Bethenny when it comes to just basic things about Tom having dated Sonja and Ramona-it was entire storyline.  Yet no one ever brings up the fact that Bethenny returned to the show having fucked Josh Taekman, the husband of a then current RHONYC.  I will had it to Kristen she shut Brandi down when Brandi went down that lane on her show with Kristen.  But here we have Bethenny prattling on and on about Sonja and Tom and Luann and Tom.  This is why I applaud Luann from shifting from her Reunion attempts at firing back at Bethenny to just looking out for her own happiness.  Bethenny also gets a pass with becoming friends with an old girlfriend of one her boyfriends in Kyle Richards.  Instead Bravo and the rest celebrate the long term relationship and keep the Bethennyesque comments out of the conversation. 

Whom did Beth and Kyle both date? This is interesting to me.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Whom did Beth and Kyle both date? This is interesting to me.

B dated Kyle's ex. One of them told a story either last season or the one before about how B approached Kyle at a restaurant about an expensive product she had left behind in his apartment. At least that's my recollection of events.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, bagger said:

B dated Kyle's ex. One of them told a story either last season or the one before about how B approached Kyle at a restaurant about an expensive product she had left behind in his apartment. At least that's my recollection of events.

Wow! Kyle's exhusband, father of the eldest daughter? Thank you, I had no idea. 

On 7/4/2017 at 9:25 AM, KungFuBunny said:

19534915_115554119062370_645052758705045

Oh wow. Those are some grapefruits glued to a skeleton look. I don't dislike her, but that is baaad.

On 7/4/2017 at 11:53 PM, breezy424 said:

If you feel the need to get paid for your pictures on intstagram when you don't need the money, it's all about your ego.  You've kind of sold your soul to the devil.  Bless your heart.  I'll pray for you.

Pray for me. That seems like a simple way to earn extra money. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

No, just an ex boyfriend. They never named him but it was just an ex-boyfriend.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/8/2017 at 0:38 AM, Giselle said:

Are we so sure that Beff hasn't given her a finger taste of her newest Skinnygirl cocktail? I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist even if she did.

I have to wonder if Beffy is just pissed that it was a piece of plain old bacon and not Skinnygirl Cane Sugar Sweet Uncured Ham?

Are we sure Jason isn't pouring vodka down her throat? Bethany is many things,  but she doesn't come across as so. Why who would hurt her own daughter for shits and giggles? 

We know however for a fact Hoppy does.  Have you ever seen a vegetarian eat meat for the first time after a long time? It's not good and really painful, from what I'm told. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 4
On 7/9/2017 at 0:42 PM, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny returned to the show having fucked Josh Taekman, the husband of a then current RHONYC.     Kristen 

What??? When did this happen and seriously, how has this not been brought up? Maybe I blinked and missed it but damn....

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

What??? When did this happen and seriously, how has this not been brought up? Maybe I blinked and missed it but damn....

No, you missed nothing. They supposedly knew each other through business. Maybe it came out that they had dated? Not sure. But it was never a big thing on the show that they had had an affair, as far as I remember. Either way, sounds like Josh was getting a lot on the side, so it might have been a challenge to get people on the show he hadn't fucked. Kind of like finding folks who haven't slept with Tom or Harry. 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

No not Kyle's ex-husband, Kyle's ex boyfriend.

12 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Before he married Kristen, Bethenny was dating Josh Taekman. 

Imagine if you are Kristen and Heather sitting at home  not collecting a Bravo paycheck and there is big mouth Bethenny making all kinds of bank over the hysteria that Sonja and Luann both screwed the same guys.  Pot meet kettle.  I would think in fairness of disclosure Bethenny might have mentioned her dalliance with Josh.  Too bad Luann doesn't pay attention.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, bagger said:

im loving this look

I loved her look for Shark Tank as well.  I think this hair and make up is the same.  The outfit is all Shark Tank and this one is all Reunion.

• Love 4

Probably because Bethenny and Josh was ancient history by the time he was on the show. And a guy having banged 2 HWs isn't as salacious as a guy having banged 3 HWs. Tom and Harry are in a different league than Josh.

• Love 4