Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

(edited)
8 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Well first I would say that holding a child in your lap at the table is probably not the most efficient way to eat, LOL.   I would recommend they put Bryn in a high chair.  

As far as the food, yes, Jason has a right to feed his kid what he wants, just as Bethenny does.  My point is that Jason knows exactly how Bethenny feels about eating animal protein, especially those loaded with nitrates and highly processed like bacon and hot dogs.  There is some evidence that this is actually harmful to our bodies and some people feel very strongly about these kinds of issues.  Obviously Bethenny has some opinions about the matter, which Jason was aware of, and he did it anyway knowing it was against her wishes.  I guarantee he did it on purpose to spite Bethenny.  No doubt in my mind.

Clearly, you see the issue being control by Bethenny.  I believe it's actually a power move by Jason.  

My son ate sitting in a high chair and still wanted food off my/his dads plate. LOL

Again, there have been healthy, nitrate free hds and bacon for years now, before Bryn was born. Bethenny is that one that said she would be fine with Bryn eating meat when Bryn asked for it, so why is there any question about it, why did she try to use this as an example that she was THE better parent? She came off sounding like the controlling fool she is.

1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

Perhaps the smarter road for Jason to take would have been Bryn only eats hot dogs and bacon at parties. 

This couple didn't have a nice sit down and do conscious uncoupling.  Bethenny declared war and dropped a big bomb and Jason returned fire.  One parent's views are not superior.  The court obviously agreed.

IMO, Jason can do nothing right when it comes to Bryn, NOTHING! Only Bethenny can parent her properly! LOL Bethenny is so much like her mother it is scary.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

My son ate sitting in a high chair and still wanted food off my/his dads plate. LOL

Again, there have been healthy, nitrate hds and bacon for years now, before Bryn was born. Bethenny is that one that said she would be fine with Bryn eating meat when Bryn asked for it, so why is there any question about it, why did she try to use this as an example that she was THE better parent? She came off sounding like the controlling fool she is.

Not really.  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/science/ct-hot-dogs-nitrites-20170630-story.html

Bethenny said she would be fine with Bryn making her own choices when she was older, not a 3 year old.  Clearly a toddler can ask for a lot of things, and an older child is to be treated differently. 

• Love 3

I am putting it right here, right now. Once that deli meat comes out, there will be pictures of Bryn eating deli meat on insta or Snapchat.

As far as power play, WW pointed out that the day of the trial, B posted a bunch of bikini pictures taken in a resort some place.

They are both guilty of assholery, Imo.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

So now, we think Jason forced hotdogs on Bryn who didn't like eating them to spite Bethenny? I think we are now in bizzaro world, making up reasons to demonize Jason and to canonize Bethenny. LOL

My son preferred veggies over all foods, including cake/cookies, but it was my job as his mother to make sure his diet was balanced, veggies, carbs and meat at each meal.

As hundreds of millions of vegetarians in the world know, meat is not necessary for a balanced diet.  Protein does not equate to meat.  Even if you care nothing about the brutalities of factory farms, the impact of these farms are very damaging to the environment.  

I see nothing wrong with starting small children off thinking of animals as sentient beings, then letting them make an informed choice to eat them.  I am not saying this is Bethenny's thinking, but the mockery is bothersome. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I am putting it right here, right now. Once that deli meat comes out, there will be pictures of Bryn eating deli meat on insta or Snapchat.

As far as power play, WW pointed out that the day of the trial, B posted a bunch of bikini pictures taken in a resort some place.

Bethenny has already said Bryn was her reason for developing Skinnygirl Deli Meat.  She packs Bryn's lunch everyday and had a hard time finding meat without preservatives.  Don't know where she shops but it has been around for years.  Wonder how the kid likes the Sriracha flavor?

• Love 3
Just now, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny has already said Bryn was her reason for developing Skinnygirl Deli Meat.  She packs Bryn's lunch everyday and had a hard time finding meat without preservatives.  Don't know where she shops but it has been around for years.  Wonder how the kid likes the Sriracha flavor?

B. must be shopping at key food in a time machine.

there have been organic and, no preservatives meat for decades.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Oh, you don't want your kid to eat meat?  Here, have a hot dog.  How do you like me now??

EXACTLY!!  Meat eaters have long been known to sabotage a vegetarian child's diet.  Even loving grandparents, absolutely convinced that meat of any kind trumps healthy non-meat options, often deliberately expose the child to meat to "prove" that the child craves meat and is being deprived of it.  

I just have to wonder how different this argument would be if Lu had raised her kids this way.   FFS, child obesity is a fucking epidemic in this country.  Type II Diabetes, once called Adult-onset, is being diagnosed in younger and younger children.  But let's just laugh about the concern over bacon, etc.. 

Sorry to rant, but this is very personal to me, and the flippant attitude just sets me off. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

EXACTLY!!  Meat eaters have long been known to sabotage a vegetarian child's diet.  Even loving grandparents, absolutely convinced that meat of any kind trumps healthy non-meat options, often deliberately expose the child to meat to "prove" that the child craves meat and is being deprived of it.  

I just have to wonder how different this argument would be if Lu had raised her kids this way.   FFS, child obesity is a fucking epidemic in this country.  Type II Diabetes, once called Adult-onset, is being diagnosed in younger and younger children.  But let's just laugh about the concern over bacon, etc.. 

Sorry to rant, but this is very personal to me, and the flippant attitude just sets me off. 

I know plenty of fat vegetarians.

Being one does not mean that one eat healthfully.

I don't personally eat a lot of meat but it does not mean that it cannot be part of a balanced diet.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Why should he check with Bethenny first, he is Bryn's father and has as much right to make these decisions as Bethenny does. Also, he would have known that Bethenny said that if Bryn asked to try it, she would give it to her. Sorry, 1 parent doesn't get to dictate to the other parent what to feed/not feed their children in their own home. 

No one is saying that. We are saying that in doing so he was undermining the agreement that he had seemingly agreed to when he was married and living with Bethenny. He is the one who changed the rules, not her. So he is the one being judged and the one who to some, appears to be an asshole. 

32 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Seriously old news. Beth has said that she developed her healthy line of meats specifically with Bryn in mind. 

• Love 3
(edited)
50 minutes ago, shoegal said:

...and geez, forcing meat down Bryn's throat....and B is the great exaggerator??

Because the only scenario that doesn't meet with Bethenny's own standard (Bryn indicating a desire to try something) involves her being forced.

And since Bethenny can't unilaterally decide the age that moment comes -- four? five? twelve? --Bryn's father deciding the moment came when his kid was old enough to indicate "YUM" or "Ick" is within his parental rights. It would be one thing if Jason had fed her hot dogs week after week, with Bryn pushing them away and complaining to her Mom  -- that would be a huge fucking issue - but Bryn ate a hot dog, presumably liked it, time to move on. And he wasn't demanding she feed the kid meat at her house, or monitoring Bryn's diet at Bethenny's (even though a vegetarian diet for a twelve month old - something he *may* have agreed to - is not the same as one for an active three year old) so she should extend the same right to him.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

I know plenty of fat vegetarians.

Being one does not mean that one eat healthfully.

I don't personally eat a lot of meat but it does not mean that it cannot be part of a balanced diet.

I was responding to a comment that implied  meat as a necessary part of a balanced diet.  Protein is necessary.  Protein does not equal meat. 

Sure there are fat vegetarians.  But if we take a poll of obese Americans, do you really think they in any way compare to the number of meat eaters?  Do you think vegans tend toward obesity?  I'm sure we can find an obese person or two in famine ridden regions.  Anecdotal evidence means little in the long run.  Look at the trends and statistics. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, film noire said:

Because the only scenario that doesn't meet with Bethenny's own standard (Bryn indicating a desire to try something) involves her being forced.

And since Bethenny can't unilaterally decide the age that moment comes -- four? five? twelve? --Bryn's father deciding the moment came when his kid was old enough to indicate "YUM" or "Ick" is within his parental rights. It would be one thing if Jason had fed her hot dogs week after week, with Bryn pushing them away and complaining to her Mom  -- that would be a huge fucking issue - but Bryn ate a hot dog, presumably liked it, time to move on. And he wasn't demanding she feed the kid meat at her house, or monitoring Bryn's diet at Bethenny's (even though a vegetarian diet for a twelve month old - something he *may* have agreed to - is not the same as one for an active three year old) so she should extend the same right to him.

No, it doesn't.  Cook and cut up a hot dog, put it on the kids plate and let them eat it.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, shoegal said:

They aren't, they just aren't irrelevant, which is the way Jason treated them on this issue.  

Oh, you don't want your kid to eat meat?  Here, have a hot dog.  How do you like me now??

Forced meat down Bryn's throat against her will?  No.  Grilled her up a hot dog and served it to her with a internal middle finger to B?  Yes.

...and geez, forcing meat down Bryn's throat....and B is the great exaggerator??

This is basically what Bethenny is claiming, that Jason forced Bryn to eat meat against the child's whishes, otherwise she would not have said squat about it. Her own statement was that as soon as Bryn expressed an interest/desire to try meat, she would allow it. So, either Bryn wanted to taste it (and like it) or Jason forced her. You pick.

59 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Not really.  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/science/ct-hot-dogs-nitrites-20170630-story.html

Bethenny said she would be fine with Bryn making her own choices when she was older, not a 3 year old.  Clearly a toddler can ask for a lot of things, and an older child is to be treated differently. 

Bethenny also claimed that her 2 year old child made the decision to be a vegetarian! So, if Bryn was old enough to express that at 2, she was old enough to express wanting bacon/hot dog at 3.

53 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

As hundreds of millions of vegetarians in the world know, meat is not necessary for a balanced diet.  Protein does not equate to meat.  Even if you care nothing about the brutalities of factory farms, the impact of these farms are very damaging to the environment.  

I see nothing wrong with starting small children off thinking of animals as sentient beings, then letting them make an informed choice to eat them.  I am not saying this is Bethenny's thinking, but the mockery is bothersome. 

Please, don't go there. This is not the forum to debate that, the mods will shut it down toot sweet! Also, I really doubt Bethenny did this because of your concerns as she now has a line of SKG deli meats.

43 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Seriously, Bethenny herself eats meat and always has! She now sells a SGK line of deli meats!

30 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

No one is saying that. We are saying that in doing so he was undermining the agreement that he had seemingly agreed to when he was married and living with Bethenny. He is the one who changed the rules, not her. So he is the one being judged and the one who to some, appears to be an asshole. 

Seriously old news. Beth has said that she developed her healthy line of meats specifically with Bryn in mind. 

Bethenny set the parameters, she said that when Bryn wanted to eat meat, she was fine with her eating it. Bryn like eating meat! By the way, Bethenny liked eating meat as well. No one in that house (during the marriage) except Bryn was a vegetarian, Bethenny has always eaten meat, she has never been a vegetarian herself.

16 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I was responding to a comment that implied  meat as a necessary part of a balanced diet.  Protein is necessary.  Protein does not equal meat. 

Sure there are fat vegetarians.  But if we take a poll of obese Americans, do you really think they in any way compare to the number of meat eaters?  Do you think vegans tend toward obesity?  I'm sure we can find an obese person or two in famine ridden regions.  Anecdotal evidence means little in the long run.  Look at the trends and statistics. 

But no one here claimed that it was essential to a healthy diet, no one.

24 minutes ago, shoegal said:

No, it doesn't.  Cook and cut up a hot dog, put it on the kids plate and let them eat it.  

First, it seems that the meat in question was bacon and I can see a child asking to taste something their dad is eating. Most 3 year olds like trying new foods, especially if someone they trust/love is sitting in front of them eating it. Our granddaughter loves to try new foods if we are eating it. She is now 5 but has always been like this, which is why she loves a wide variety of foods.

• Love 2
(edited)

This is basically what Bethenny is claiming, that Jason forced Bryn to eat meat against the child's whishes, otherwise she would not have said squat about it. Her own statement was that as soon as Bryn expressed an interest/desire to try meat, she would allow it. So, either Bryn wanted to taste it (and like it) or Jason forced her. You pick.

Wait, what??  Those are not the only two options.  The third option is Jason cooks Bryn a hot dog and puts it on her plate, and she eats it.  

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I have never heard her say that. 

It's so strange to me. To defend Jason it sounds like we have literally moved into a space where some are saying that a 3 year old should control her own destiny. She should do whatever she wants because she is her own person, and how dare anyone be the boss of her. 

• Love 3
(edited)
34 minutes ago, shoegal said:

You can put all the cut up hot dogs (or any food) you want in front of a kid -- if they don't want it, they don't eat it. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, film noire said:

You can put all the cut up hot dogs (or any food) you want in front of a kid -- if they don't want it, they don't eat it. 

No one is saying Bryn didn't want to eat the the food once it was prepared for her, but a 3 year old eats what you put in front of them, they aren't cooking their own food or asking to try new foods they don't even know exist.  Jason prepared the food for her. 

• Love 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

To defend Jason it sounds like we have literally moved into a space where some are saying that a 3 year old should control her own destiny. She should do whatever she wants because she is her own person, and how dare anyone be the boss of her. 

No, just rebutting the idea that a father giving his kid a hot dog or bacon can only be done as an attack on Bethenny Frankel, and her diet for *their* child (but that a defense is needed for a father giving his daughter bacon or a hot dog? Now THAT is the crazytown part ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I have never heard her say that. 

It's so strange to me. To defend Jason it sounds like we have literally moved into a space where some are saying that a 3 year old should control her own destiny. She should do whatever she wants because she is her own person, and how dare anyone be the boss of her. 

Bethenny said that a 2 year old Bryn told her she wanted to be a vegetarian during the custody fight. She also said that when Bryn wanted to eat meat, she would be fine with that as well. Bethenny put the control with/on Bryn, not me or anyone here. Again, I go back to why is it OK for Bethenny to have all the control about what Bryn does/doesn't eat, why is Jason not allowed to have a say in it? 

• Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, shoegal said:

No one is saying Bryn didn't want to eat the the food once it was prepared for her, but a 3 year old eats what you put in front of them, they aren't cooking their own food or asking to try new foods they don't even know exist.  Jason prepared the food for her. 

Of course he did -- but trust me, when kids don't want what you've put in front of them,  they don't eat. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4
Just now, film noire said:

Of course he did -- but trust me, when kids don't want what youv'e put in front of them,  they don't eat. 

Yeah, and my point is that the parents control what the child is served.  Jason did it intentionally. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, shoegal said:

So, you don't think Jason or anyone that Bryn was around ever had bacon or hotdogs when Bryn was with them? That Bryn would never express interest in food others were eating but that she didn't have on her plate? 

1 minute ago, shoegal said:

Yeah, and my point is that the parents control what the child is served.  Jason did it intentionally. 

Or, he made himself breakfast that included bacon and Bryn asked to try it! 

• Love 3
Just now, WireWrap said:

So, you don't think Jason or anyone that Bryn was around ever had bacon or hotdogs when Bryn was with them? That Bryn would never express interest in food others were eating but that she didn't have on her plate? 

Most kids I know don't eat what everyone else around them is eating.  Diets for toddlers are often different than adults.  So no, I don't think it's likely that 3 year old Bryn told daddy she wanted to eat some bacon. 

• Love 1
Just now, shoegal said:

Most kids I know don't eat what everyone else around them is eating.  Diets for toddlers are often different than adults.  So no, I don't think it's likely that 3 year old Bryn told daddy she wanted to eat some bacon. 

I have yet to meet a kid that didn't eat off of their parents plates. As far as different diets for toddlers, I disagree strongly. When our son was small, I made his baby food myself. It was what we were eating with less spice, like no salt and only a little pepper. Our son/DIL did the same with their daughter/our granddaughter. All 3 of my siblings did the same with their children and now their children are repeating it with their kids. In fact, I don't know 1 parent (our friends and extended family included) that used store bought baby food or fed them anything different than what the parents were eating. 

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Most kids I know don't eat what everyone else around them is eating.  

Tasting what Bethenny was eating was part of Frankel's "system" for Bryn:

"From the moment she could eat, I made sure she tried anything in front of me. I also make it a point to bring anything home from a restaurant that she might eat: beans, rice, avocado, vegetables etc. I was sometimes nervous when she’d want a bite of spicy corn, pasta or guacamole, but she liked it, she survived and now I know she can handle spicy foods."

So Mom's plate, but not Dad's.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny also claimed that her 2 year old child made the decision to be a vegetarian! So, if Bryn was old enough to express that at 2, she was old enough to express wanting bacon/hot dog at 3.

Please, don't go there. This is not the forum to debate that, the mods will shut it down toot sweet! Also, I really doubt Bethenny did this because of your concerns as she now has a line of SKG deli meats.

Seriously, Bethenny herself eats meat and always has! She now sells a SGK line of deli meats!

Bethenny set the parameters, she said that when Bryn wanted to eat meat, she was fine with her eating it. Bryn like eating meat! By the way, Bethenny liked eating meat as well. No one in that house (during the marriage) except Bryn was a vegetarian, Bethenny has always eaten meat, she has never been a vegetarian herself.

But no one here claimed that it was essential to a healthy diet, no one.

First, it seems that the meat in question was bacon and I can see a child asking to taste something their dad is eating. Most 3 year olds like trying new foods, especially if someone they trust/love is sitting in front of them eating it. Our granddaughter loves to try new foods if we are eating it. She is now 5 but has always been like this, which is why she loves a wide variety of foods.

I just have to lol. As if I'm the reason the thread will be locked.  Okay. I will go away. 

• Love 3

Well, since Jason did not become a vegetarian during the first two years of Bryn's life, he was not feeding Bryn meat off of his plate per the diet that he and Bethenny were feeding Bryn. Gee, I wonder why that suddenly changed!?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I just have to lol. As if I'm the reason the thread will be locked.  Okay. I will go away. 

No, Please DON"T LEAVE! I was just talking about the meat thing. I respect why you feel the way you do, I just don't want it to turn into a debate about it because the mods have already locked a thread down today. Sorry if you thought I was blaming you, I wasn't, really I wasn't. I was just trying to not get in trouble. 

5 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Well, since Jason did not become a vegetarian during the first two years of Bryn's life, he was not feeding Bryn meat off of his plate per the diet that he and Bethenny were feeding Bryn. Gee, I wonder why that suddenly changed!?

Maybe Bryn sat next to Bethenny during meals and not next to Jason. And, maybe Bryn didn't express any interest in bacon until she was 2.

• Love 6

Yeah, that's what I have noticed too.

• Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Because Byn wanted to taste the food on her Daddy's plate, just like she did with her Mom?

Or maybe Bethenny was pissed because Jason put all the food on one plate:

"I give her one course at a time for two reasons: 1.) Not to confuse her and 2.) So she doesn’t see something more exciting and only eat that. For example, broccoli first, then soybeans, then pureed sweet potatoes, then corn, then beans, then pasta or mac and cheese or pizza. Then the fruits come. The fattening rice pudding or organic vanilla ice cream is last. As I said, feel that your child is satisfied after a meal."

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, film noire said:

Because Byn wanted to taste the food on her Daddy's plate, just like she did with her Mom?

How convenient that it never happened while he and Bethenny were married!

• Love 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, shoegal said:

How convenient that it never happened while he and Bethenny were married!

Isn't it shocking? Jason Hoppy decided to share food with his daughter! News at elevenses! ;)

Serving everything with a boatload of voddy (because we're the good thread today!)

drinks.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
(edited)
49 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I have yet to meet a kid that didn't eat off of their parents plates. As far as different diets for toddlers, I disagree strongly. When our son was small, I made his baby food myself. It was what we were eating with less spice, like no salt and only a little pepper. Our son/DIL did the same with their daughter/our granddaughter. All 3 of my siblings did the same with their children and now their children are repeating it with their kids. In fact, I don't know 1 parent (our friends and extended family included) that used store bought baby food or fed them anything different than what the parents were eating. 

And if one of them got divorced and the other parent started feeding them Gerber's, I guess that would be just fine? Despite what they had been use to eating? After all, one parent shouldn't get to have the final say apparently. 

1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think that is completely unfair. We are all having an almost insane conversation about bacon, so anyone throwing out their views on why Beth, or anyone else might make that choice, is certainly something relevant to the conversation. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Yes, it is.

...and if little Bryn wanted to taste daddy's beer or one of his jalapeño poppers, well, she was curious! No one can say no!

• Love 3
Just now, motorcitymom65 said:

And if one of them got divorced and the other parent started feeding them Gerber's, I guess that would be just fine? 

Yes, it would be. Gerber's is a decent baby/toddler food brand and maybe for that parent it is better than what they would be able to cook. See, I just don't get the big upset that Jason fed Bryn something she wanted, especially in light of Bethenny saying she would also do the same and had been doing the whole time Bryn was old enough to eat non pureed foods. Now, if that parent fed them something they were allergic to or something they hated, that would be a different story. Again, Bethenny herself was not a vegetarian, she ate meat, it may not have been a normal serving but she still ate/eats it.  I also don't understand why Bethenny decided to try and make Bryn a vegetarian, why make Bryn's food different from her parents? IMO, she was passing on her own food issues to her daughter, much like her mother did to her, she may have done it unknowingly but she was doing it nonetheless. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, shoegal said:

...and if little Bryn wanted to taste daddy's beer or one of his jalapeño poppers, well, she was curious! No one can say no!

Of course not! ;)

• Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Well Bethenny though it was fine for Bryn to eat spicy things from her plate, "I was sometimes nervous when she’d want a bite of spicy corn, pasta or guacamole, but she liked it, she survived and now I know she can handle spicy foods." but I guess that is Ok for her to do but not Jason. And Bethenny has never claimed that Jason has fed Bryn anything dangerous or given her alcohol.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

So let me get this straight the dietary rules Bethenny wants can be bended when she sees fit and she would decide when Bryn would call the shots?  Would that be age 5 or 18?  Parents control a kid's diet until kids start buying their own food.  

I think parents control a kids diet until they get into school and have friends, then control starts to decrease. Kids start to sleep over friends who eat different foods.

I remember the first time I had fried chicken in 5th grade at a friend's house. Before that I didn't it was possible to fry chicken in your own home. I had it in a restaurant before. 

Bethanys point was that while she was a baby/toddler they certainly could feed her the healthiest food possible and she would eat it.  Why introduce her to hot dogs at 2 years old?  She'll be at a barbecue soon enough with all kinds of junk food.  Happy meals will be a thing soon enough. Delay as much as possible.  

It is easy to feed your 1-2 year old every type of vegetable and healthy food, so get it in while it lasts. 

Am I the only one who never had a hot dog as a kid?  

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

And if one of them got divorced and the other parent started feeding them Gerber's, I guess that would be just fine? Despite what they had been use to eating? After all, one parent shouldn't get to have the final say apparently. 

I think that is completely unfair. We are all having an almost insane conversation about bacon, so anyone throwing out their views on why Beth, or anyone else might make that choice, is certainly something relevant to the conversation. 

I did apologize for saying it. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Bethanys point was that while she was a baby/toddler they certainly could feed her the healthiest food possible and she would eat it.  Why introduce her to hot dogs at 2 years old?  She'll be at a barbecue soon enough with all kinds of junk food.  Happy meals will be a thing soon enough. Delay as much as possible.  

The other reason nutritionists and physicians etc all push for a meat free early diet is better fro a developing body and mind.  There is a lot that happens in the first years of life.  Much of a children's future health and brain power develop after birth.  So if keeping the diet complete and clean of chemicals, hormones, antibiotics, pesticides makes a difference in an adult it is crucial in a child.  Since Bethenny's culinary school emphasized the natural chef she's going to agree with the pediatrician when she says, keep it vegetable as much as possible.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I wonder how Bryn and daddy take their morning coffee?

I believe Brynn now prefers espresso (she just had to drink out of Daddy's cute little cup and now she's hooked on the stuff). 

She sips it while she munches her bacon as she reads the Times to Jason. 

• Love 6

I think what happens here is that the issue doesn't get debated as much at the core as the of the personality of the person gets debated. Beth is polarizing and so almost anything she does is polarizing. Even behavior that would be fine if displayed by someone else.

Take Beth completely out of it and pretend we are talking about someone else. Someone nicer. These two people were married and were raising their daughter in a certain way - in this instance with a specific diet. And folks can say all day long that we don't know Jason agreed with it, but there is no evidence to say that he did not. That was the way of the world when they were married. The tricky thing with divorce and the impact on the kids is change. Everything I have ever read about divorce talks about this. That is why divorce is actually harder for older kids to overcome than younger ones. Young kids grow up and they are just use to the fact that their parents aren't married. For teenagers it is a much harder road. 

So you try to minimize change where you can. Keep them in the same schools, keep their usual routine. You cannot completely do it, but you do it wherever and whenever you can. But then one of them decides to change the diet. For what reason? What purpose does it serve to offer change in that way when the cute little thing is already trying to orientate herself to other changes? Changes that cannot be controlled. Yes, she might have wanted to try Jason's bacon. But he is the parent, and he understood that this was against Beth's wishes, and something that Bryn didn't do on the regular. If he cannot say no to his daughter when she wants something, he has no business having her 50% of the time. So now she gets some things when she is with one parent, but she doesn't get those things when she is with the other parent. It seems small, but it really isn't. And that is why it is a dick move for Jason to do it. Because he knew how Beth felt about it, but he did it anyway. 

• Love 6

There has been a plethora of incidents where Bethenny has changed her stance on an issue about a co-star and it is always she has the right to change her mind.

Divorcing people, especially ones involved in prolonged litigation may feel differently about what is correct at three years old and what is appropriate at five years old. 

Collectively there has been a discussion about the parents agreeing to certain food stances and Bethenny's displeasure when Jason fed the child hot dogs and inane bacon.  It has been discussed that these foods weren't totally off limits if the child was presented with the same at a party to avoid being ostracized or if the child expressed a desire to try the foods and more specifically meat in general.

Taking the food out of the picture and just going into agreements is there ever a time a parent can deviate from an alleged agreement.  Regardless of who raised the ban on the behavior, is it not entirely reasonable that as a married couple one side or the other capitulates to the other's wishes just to keep things in that place of yes?  Say the parents had an absolute no child in the marital bed or no shoes in the house agreement while they were living as husband and wife.  Would the only reason to deviate from these previous dicta be to spite the other parent?  Maybe the child feels a little lonely and wants to sleep with the parent they are staying with at the time or one parent only consented to the no shoes rule because they didn't want to argue about it.  I don't think all deviations from previous "agreement" is necessarily done out of spite.  So disagreements about food, church attendance, sleeping with a parent or no shoes in the house aren't really etched in stone.  Varying from the various  dicta are not necessarily illegal or contemptuous they may just be part of how the parents evolve after the divorce documents have been filed.  Most of these agreements are also not binding in court absent a showing that abandoning the agreement would not be in the best interest of the child.

Sometimes people just find a certain restriction isn't working in their life and the life of the child and want to live with what makes them happy.  Not every action between the warring factions is predicated on making the other party angry or out of spite.. 

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Pretty sure if we get into a vegetarian vs carnivore debate, this thread will be locked before you can say Hamburgler; )

2 hours ago, shoegal said:

Beer is illegal to give to a child; hot dogs and bacon are not. (As for jalapenos, Bethenny was already feeding Bryn spicy foods early on, so that was one of the "allowed" food items on the menu already.)

1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

clean of chemicals, hormones, antibiotics, pesticides makes a difference in an adult it is crucial in a child

Meat that is free range/ grass pastured is available without chemicals,  hormones, antibiotics, etc.

1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

So you try to minimize change where you can. Keep them in the same schools, keep their usual routine. You cannot completely do it, but you do it wherever and whenever you can. But then one of them decides to change the diet. 

I really doubt Bryn's post divorce world was in any way destabilized by eating a hot dog.  (If anything, eating what her father and grandparents were eating at family dinners may have given Bryn a sense of belonging, as opposed to having to eat a plate of food different than theirs.) 

And the nicest person in the world could raise a stink about L'Affair Bacon-Hotdog,  and I'd still think they were a control freak (likely with deep seated food issues - Frankel's history aside,  this reaction alone rings  bells for me. Bryn had already been in preschool at this point--  if she wanted a "high end" chicken nugget at a class party, she wasn't allowed to have one? If not, that's crazy. If yes, shut up about the rest. It feels obsessive to bring this up in court, instead of accepting that your ex, as much as you may hate him, is allowed to build his own food traditions with his daughter).

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7