Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Desperate need to what?  Make millions and millions of dollars? Because that is what she is doing.  Do you mean need for attention?  Is that what you are saying comes before Bryn?  

Well, I don't see Bryn sitting alone in the background of that video weeping because she's been cast aside so Mommy can dance, so I don't know why this is being said.  

The only things I've seen Bethenny doing with Bryn recently is spend time with her, take her on trips, and basically give her the lifestyle than any child would be lucky to have.  She loves Bryn.  Does anyone seriously doubt that?  I'm sure she's not a perfect mother, but who is?  I just don't get how that video (or anything else) shows that she is placing her need for attention ahead of Bryn.

Bethenny is essentially working in that video, trying to stir interest in herself and her shows and her business.  And if reaction here is any indication, she succeeded.  I don't see what is wrong with that, or what it shows about her relationship with Bryn at all.

Celia, everyone knows that all good divorced mothers spend their time away from their children in a proper way.  Piously reading her bible, staring at pictures of her children as tears roll down her cheeks, and most importantly - granny panties 24/7.

I don't know why Bethenny just doesn't get it.  She's on the same show as that perfect mother Lu.  I mean, Lu didn't stash her kids in another city while she fucked around at her husband's orgies in the city.  Lu wasn't a weekend mom.  Lu's children were her top priority.  She cooked their meals, sewed their clothes, and personally drove them to school every day - before she sent them away to boarding school, of course.  And she certainly never drunkenly grabbed a microphone, forcibly kissed a man in front of his pregnant wife, knocked over the drums, etc.  Never happened.

• Love 15
26 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Desperate need to what?  Make millions and millions of dollars? Because that is what she is doing.  Do you mean need for attention?  Is that what you are saying comes before Bryn?  

Well, I don't see Bryn sitting alone in the background of that video weeping because she's been cast aside so Mommy can dance, so I don't know why this is being said.  

The only things I've seen Bethenny doing with Bryn recently is spend time with her, take her on trips, and basically give her the lifestyle than any child would be lucky to have.  She loves Bryn.  Does anyone seriously doubt that?  I'm sure she's not a perfect mother, but who is?  I just don't get how that video (or anything else) shows that she is placing her need for attention ahead of Bryn.

Bethenny is essentially working in that video, trying to stir interest in herself and her shows and her business.  And if reaction here is any indication, she succeeded.  I don't see what is wrong with that, or what it shows about her relationship with Bryn at all.

That is one vulgar trashy display solely for attention, she needs attention ahead of money,  career, and her dedication to her daughter. She is doing that for herself, intentionally on camera to be vulgar  and that is my problem with it. 

I find vulgarity humorous at times, I listen to Howard Stern every single day and I am all for Luann getting it.  I feel one day Bethenny's non stop vulgar antics and need for attention will embarrass Brynn, and at a young age. YMMV. Headstand with her dress over her head on purpose on film. Just so narcissistic.  All about what she can get and the reaction she wants. 

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

... because it will cause even those people who clearly hate her to stop dead in their tracks and give her their full attention? 

How pathetic is that.

• Love 4
(edited)

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I find it hard to believe Bethenny makes any money off dancing around and showing her ass.  I would like to think she made her money because she identified a specific market for Skinnygirl, found a partner and sold it for a small fortune. 

I beg to differ.  

I doubt that Bethenny would have had the ability to pull off creating, building, and selling Skinnygirl without this show.  The publicity afforded her by being on it was priceless.  All her antics - the personal drama, the fights, as well as the humor and silliness - all paid off.  Her bare-assed headstand is an extension of that method.  She's got a new show, so on her head she goes, whoop-de-doo!!!  ... I mean people are talking about it, aren't they?  That's what publicity is all about - getting people's attention, making them curious, setting their tongues wagging.  That is what she is doing!  And it's WORKING, people ... whether the posts about her video are positive or negative, the point is that there are posts.  

And people - even people who hate her (maybe even especially people who hate her) - are going to tune in to check her new show out.  And her video has contributed to that, like it or not.

What this little stunt does not relate to is flipping houses

This little stunt may not relate to the actual practice of flipping houses, but it damn sure TOTALLY relates to promoting a show about flipping houses. 

1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

That is one vulgar trashy display solely for attention, she needs attention ahead of money,  career, and her dedication to her daughter. She is doing that for herself, intentionally on camera to be vulgar  and that is my problem with it. 

I find vulgarity humorous at times, I listen to Howard Stern every single day and I am all for Luann getting it.  I feel one day Bethenny's non stop vulgar antics and need for attention will embarrass Brynn, and at a young age. YMMV. Headstand with her dress over her head on purpose on film. Just so narcissistic.  All about what she can get and the reaction she wants. 

Why is Howard Stern's brand of vulgarity okay but Bethenny's isn't? Is it seriously because she is a woman, a mother?  Because that seems to be the only difference in the scenarios you describe - Bethenny happens to be a mom. 

1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Celia, everyone knows that all good divorced mothers spend their time away from their children in a proper way.  Piously reading her bible, staring at pictures of her children as tears roll down her cheeks, and most importantly - granny panties 24/7.

I don't know why Bethenny just doesn't get it.  She's on the same show as that perfect mother Lu.  I mean, Lu didn't stash her kids in another city while she fucked around at her husband's orgies in the city.  Lu wasn't a weekend mom.  Lu's children were her top priority.  She cooked their meals, sewed their clothes, and personally drove them to school every day - before she sent them away to boarding school, of course.  And she certainly never drunkenly grabbed a microphone, forcibly kissed a man in front of his pregnant wife, knocked over the drums, etc.  Never happened.

And Luann also never got drunk and brought men back to the vacation homes she was sharing with friends, either.  She didn't cheat openly on her boyfriend and try to enlist a friend to lie for her to cover it up. She didn't get drunk and stumble around slurring and bust her ass falling all over the place!  You would NEVER see Luann posing in a pair of her daughter's pajamas!  That's just SICK! 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 7

Last I checked, Howard Stern had three daughters.  Where was his dedication to his girls?  Or is it only vulgar when a woman does it?

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I beg to differ.  

I doubt that Bethenny would have had the ability to pull off creating, building, and selling Skinnygirl without this show.  The publicity afforded her by being on it was priceless.  All her antics - the personal drama, the fights, as well as the humor and silliness - all paid off.  Her bare-assed headstand is an extension of that method.  She's got a new show, so on her head she goes, whoop-de-doo!!!  ... I mean people are talking about it, aren't they?  That's what publicity is all about - getting people's attention, making them curious, setting their tongues wagging.  That is what she is doing!  And it's WORKING, people ... whether the posts about her video are positive or negative, the point is that there are posts.  

And people - even people who hate her (maybe even especially people who hate her) - are going to tune in to check her new show out.  And her video has contributed to that, like it or not.

This little stunt may not relate to the actual practice of flipping houses, but it damn sure TOTALLY relates to promoting a show about flipping houses. 

Why is Howard Stern's brand of vulgarity okay but Bethenny's isn't? Is it seriously because she is a woman, a mother?  Because that seems to be the only difference in the scenarios you describe - Bethenny happens to be a mom. 

And Luann also never got drunk and brought men home to the vacation homes she was sharing with friends, either.  She didn't cheat openly on her boyfriend and try to enlist a friend to lie for her to cover it up. She didn't get drunk and stumble around slurring and bust her ass falling all over the place!  You would NEVER see Luann posing in a pair of her daughter's pajamas!  That's just SICK! 

SKG only grows if she keeps adding fans, if she turns too many viewers off, SKG sales slip. Soooo, she needs to balance herself on the show, be the Bethenny we saw/experienced this past episode, not the rage filled woman going in for the kill with her fellow cast members we see the far too often. 

Although I am not sure I completely agree with this belief, others may feel that Bethenny sets the example of how a woman should conduct herself for Bryn, HS doesn't do that for his daughters, his wife/their mother does that. Me, I dislike both of them, their vulgar behavior/antics just aren't that funny, it is always at someone else's expense, also, I haven't seen HS expose his underwear in a photo op then post it on SM but I don't listen to his show or follow him at all so I might have missed it. 

• Love 1

haven't seen HS expose his underwear in a photo op then post it on SM but I don't listen to his show or follo

I think showing up on stage at the MTV awards in assless chaps as FartMan would be an equivalent. 

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I think showing up on stage at the MTV awards in assless chaps as FartMan would be an equivalent. 

Fartman in the assless chaps on the MTV awards was hilarious, because it poked fun at the seriousness of the beautiful people when he came down as this disgusting warped fantasy character . It was comic genius to me.  

I only brought up being a  Howard fan to point out that I am not a pearl clutcher. I won't debate Howard's work here or his girls and the debate on if he is a complete misogynist. Thats well discussed in other places.  Back to that point that I am not a pearl clutcher, I also do feel Bethenny does NOT need to stay modest because she is a mom and a woman. Personally,  I don't find any value in what Bethenny does that's OTT. It's not for character it's just for what? To fill the void of damage and being raised by wolves.  It concerns me because I think she is not playing a character & not entertaining people she's out sponging up any attention she can get when she doesn't know what else to do. She's unhealthy period. That affects her daughter.  

• Love 2

I guess I don't understand why it would be OK for Howard Stern and not for Bethenny. Doesn't Stern have 3 daughters? I know they are older, but he was behaving in the same way back when they were little. Was it different because he was a man? I highly doubt that even he would deny being narcissistic. And he has been clear it is all about the reaction he gets. How is she putting her need for attention above the needs of her daughter? Has there evidence that she is anything except a very involved and loving mother? 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I guess I don't understand why it would be OK for Howard Stern and not for Bethenny. Doesn't Stern have 3 daughters? I know they are older, but he was behaving in the same way back when they were little. Was it different because he was a man? I highly doubt that even he would deny being narcissistic. And he has been clear it is all about the reaction he gets. How is she putting her need for attention above the needs of her daughter? Has there evidence that she is anything except a very involved and loving mother? 

Thx MCM and others I understand your questions about where the comparison ends. I love Howard and I can't I can't I can't debate this in the depth it deserves. To me Howard is a faulted, very self aware, funny, warmly self deprecating shock jock providing a great escape for me and millions (not without controversy). He tests the levels and not always successfully.  He is a brilliant interviewer. 

Bethenny is vacant, an attention whore, and damaged to me and her antics are not an escape for me. She's a house on fire of angry baggage with no boundaries on acting out. She's not self aware, she's a lying hypocrite in fact. Thats how I feel about her and she rubs me the wrong way. I get that you see it differently.   

• Love 11
53 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Yes, that would do it. As I said, I don't pay any attention to HS. LOL

• Love 2
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I find it hard to believe Bethenny makes any money off dancing around and showing her ass.  I would like to think she made her money because she identified a specific market for Skinnygirl, found a partner and sold it for a small fortune. 

Bethenny fortune would not disappear if she stopped showing her ass, stopped with her base and crude speak and all of a sudden was kind and less cutting of people.  This is Bethenny who has claimed one's children become who you are.  I don't think anyone would want to be around a kid that acted like Bethenny-she is just one big show off.  Something most educators and parents try to temper in a child.

What this little stunt does not relate to is flipping houses. 

What it has to do with is that she has a new show and she is really, really good at marketing. And that is what she is doing. Trying to create interest and a buzz around her new show. And the comments on this forum, some of which are from folks who don't care for her, prove that she is good at getting folks talking. Before you buy or tune in, you have to be aware. She is creating awareness which is smart. 

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Although I am not sure I completely agree with this belief, others may feel that Bethenny sets the example of how a woman should conduct herself for Bryn, HS doesn't do that for his daughters, his wife/their mother does that. 

But Howard Stern teaches his daughters how they should expect to be treated by a man, which is arguably a more powerful message.  Because young women have tons of influences in the world that show them how to act as a woman, but the primary message they get in life about what they should accept from a man comes from their fathers.

It's one of the reasons that even though it was sad Bethenny had to go to the cops about Jason, she was showing Bryn that you have to stand up for yourself in this world and not let some asshole man push you around.  Even when that man is your child's father.  I think that kind of message seriously outweighs any harm that may be caused by Bethenny's famewhoritis. 

I don't even want to get into the message that Jason's behavior sent Bryn.  I am just glad Bethenny countered it, thoroughly.  He is the one I worry about doing harm to Bryn with his behavior.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Thx MCM and others I understand your questions about where the comparison ends. I love Howard and I can't I can't I can't debate this in the depth it deserves. To me Howard is a faulted, very self aware, funny, warmly self deprecating shock jock providing a great escape for me and millions (not without controversy). He tests the levels and not always successfully.  He is a brilliant interviewer. 

Bethenny is vacant, an attention whore, and damaged to me and her antics are not an escape for me. She's a house on fire of angry baggage with no boundaries on acting out. She's not self aware, she's a lying hypocrite in fact. Thats how I feel about her and she rubs me the wrong way. I get that you see it differently.   

I get what you are saying about HS, and I agree. He is a great interviewer. I loved the movie Private Parts (I thought he did such a great job in that movie), and it is an interesting comparison. What I like about him is that I came to the conclusion that he was doing things to create buzz and conversation, breaking traditional rules along the way, but was also still a good person somewhere at his core. Even though he doesn't always come across that way, and he has offended me on many more than one occasion. There was actually a scene in the movie where his wife discussed the ways in which his job could impact their girls. She was worried about this. He was convinced that the things he said and did for a living didn't have to mean that he wasn't a good father to his daughters, and the notion angered him. And this is the thing about the Bethenny criticism when it comes to her ability to properly mother her daughter. Because I don't think there is harsher criticism that could be leveled at a mother. Not that I am above saying that, or that I feel I know more about the topic (I will argue all day long that Shannon Beador is the most horrendous mother on reality TV and feel no shame in doing so), but I just haven't seen Bethenny do anything that means that she doesn't care about her kid and what she might be doing to her. Just my opinion of course. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I think the old Bethenny - the one who actually hustled to get her life up and running -- would feel contempt for the woman in this video ("We get it -- you have an ass - no need for handstands!  And - not for nothing - if the only man you can find to party with your naked ass is a happily married gay man covered in cheap red wine? Then your ass is a sadass.")

And if this is part of some clever marketing scheme (which I doubt -- feels more like a desperate bid to be seen as sexy) then Ramona was more right than wrong -- Frankel uses tits and ass to get ahead. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10

Bethenny made it on her very savvy Skinnygirl Margarita-she doesn't  now need to go to Howard Stern levels to keep her brand going.

Let's see a real major dollar house flip.  So far public records don't really support some genius flip.  I am all for a million here an million there house flip over some new Skinnygirl product that fizzles.  That would be luggage, teas, protein shakes, protein bars.  The bottom line is she made the money and never had to show her ass until now.   So I applaud her savvy but she doesn't need to turn into a cartoon of inappropriateness-she has already made it-and very successfully.

What got her the recognition wasn't some low brow show your ass person.  She was vulnerable and tenacious.  This is like some weird turn into debauchery -she has too much going for her to go down that path.  She has a child and why let the kid have to explain mom's desire for base attention? 

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

she doesn't need to turn into a cartoon of inappropriateness-she has already made it-and very successfully.

Exactly -- that's why (for me) this video feels personal (trying to feed a deeply insecure ego) not professional (trying to incite good buzz about all her ventures). She's devolving into the kind of 'naked bid for attention' shit she used to mock. 

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, film noire said:

Exactly -- that's why (for me) this video feels personal (trying to feed a deeply insecure ego) not professional (trying to incite good buzz about all her ventures). She's devolving into the kind of 'naked bid for attention' shit she used to mock. 

But isn't that the guy Fredrik she is doing the new show with?  You really don't think that video is meant to get buzz going about the show?  

Strangely, the video has everyone talking.  I guess it's just a coincidence, lol

48 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The bottom line is she made the money and never had to show her ass until now.   So I applaud her savvy but she doesn't need to turn into a cartoon of inappropriateness-she has already made it-and very successfully.

Bethenny has been catching hell for showing her ass for ages.  Both literally (bikini yoga pics, anyone?) and figuratively (pissing on a stick, in an ice bucket, and on the side of the road ... she pulled off a urination trifecta!) This dancing and headstand stuff isn't new...  it's just her latest way to tweak your outrage.  She feeds on it.  And it is making her RICH LOL 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

But Howard Stern teaches his daughters how they should accept being treated by a man, which is arguably a more powerful message.  Because young women have tons of influences in the world that show them how to act as a woman, but the primary message they get in life about what they should expect from a man comes from their fathers.

It's one of the reasons that even though it was sad Bethenny had to go to the cops about Jason, she was showing Bryn that you have to stand up for yourself in this world and not let some asshole man push you around.  Even when that man is your child's father.  I think that kind of message seriously outweighs any harm that may be caused by Bethenny's famewhoritis. 

I don't even want to get into the message that Jason's behavior sent Bryn.  I am just glad Bethenny countered it, thoroughly.  He is the one I worry about doing harm to Bryn with his behavior.

Yes, as their father HS teaches them how a man should treat a woman but he does it by how he treats his wife (their mother) and the other women (grandmothers/aunts female friends) they personally know.

As for Jason, we have no idea what he says around Bryn and he doesn't talk about Bethenny to the press/tabloids so as far as we know, he has set a good example when in Bryn's presence. The same with Bethenny, she is teaching Bryn how to treat the men in her life and I pray to God that she isn't bad mouthing Jason to her but sadly, she has bad mouth him in the press/tabloids and on the show which Bryn will 1 day in the near future see/read. 

50 minutes ago, film noire said:

I think the old Bethenny - the one who actually hustled to get her life up and running -- would feel contempt for the woman in this video ("We get it -- you have an ass - no need for handstands!  And - not for nothing - if the only man you can find to party with your naked ass is a happily married gay man covered in cheap red wine? Then your ass is a sadass.")

And if this is part of some clever marketing scheme (which I doubt -- feels more like a desperate bid to be seen as sexy) then Ramona was more right than wrong -- Frankel uses tits and ass to get ahead. 

Without a doubt, Bethenny would have hated and called out any woman that acted like she now does when the show first started. She needs/craves the spotlight just like a heroine junkie chases his next high.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

But isn't that the guy Fredrik she is doing the new show with?  You really don't think that video is meant to get buzz going about the show?  

Strangely, the video has everyone talking.  I guess it's just a coincidence, lol

Bethenny has been catching hell for showing her ass for ages.  Both literally (bikini yoga pics, anyone?) and figuratively (pissing on a stick, in an ice bucket, and on the side of the road ... she pulled off a urination trifecta!) This dancing and headstand stuff isn't new...  it's just her latest way to tweak your outrage.  She feeds on it.  And it is making her RICH LOL 

She has on a mic pack, so I believe this was filmed for that show. Isn't the new show supposed to be about buying/flipping/selling high end RE? I just don't see the need to film them drunk and acting like asses but YMMV. LOL

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, as their father HS teaches them how a man should treat a woman but he does it by how he treats his wife (their mother) and the other women (grandmothers/aunts female friends) they personally know.

Are you suggesting that when Howard Stern is at home, he treats the women in his life differently than he treats women on his radio show?

I don't suppose it's possible that when Bethenny is at home, she models different behavior for Bryn than what we see her engaging in on instagram?  That maybe she is much less self-absorbed or in need of attention? 

Oy.  I'm not sure why Howard Stern gets the benefit of the doubt about being appropriate with his kids at home even though he is a dick on the radio, but Bethenny doesn't get the same assumptions made about her. 

As for Jason, we have no idea what he says around Bryn and he doesn't talk about Bethenny to the press/tabloids so as far as we know, he has set a good example when in Bryn's presence.

No, Jason has not set a good example "as far as we know."  He may have set a good example as far as you are willing to assume things about him - like that he is not behind the nasty leaked stories about Bethenny - but I don't agree his hands are clean in that respect at all.  And I have my doubts that a guy who would say "I'm sorry, you have to go with Mommy" is setting such a good example in private. Not to mention the fact that he is facing criminal charges for harassing and insulting and stalking Bryn's mother.  I know, I know, he hasn't been convicted ... but I don't like the things that have been reported that he said to her, whether he gets convicted for it or not. 

As far as *I* know, Jason is an asshole who is so consumed with fighting and punishing his ex wife, he is approaching the deep end.  And it makes me have serious doubts about how appropriate he is around Bryn.  ymmv

• Love 9
Just now, Celia Rubenstein said:

Fredrick is a married, declared new found Christian, so why is he sleazing it up with Bethenny? We all know how Bethenny went off on Luann for married men.

I would disagree with the idea she has been showing her ass for ages.  She was very vulnerable,  tough, worked very hard and was rewarded richly for her hard work.  She then decided to come back and this is just this past year and pull these stunts.  She may not have been everyone's cup of tea but until the last year of her spin off she was very beloved and anyone speaking ill of Bethenny was considered a heretic.  As time went on people made their own minds up about her personality and the tide changed. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Are you suggesting that when Howard Stern is at home, he treats the women in his life differently than he treats women on his radio show?

I don't suppose it's possible that when Bethenny is at home, she models different behavior for Bryn than what we see her engaging in on instagram?  That maybe she is much less self-absorbed or in need of attention? 

Oy.  I'm not sure why Howard Stern gets the benefit of the doubt about being appropriate with his kids at home even though he is a dick on the radio, but Bethenny doesn't get the same assumptions made about her. 

No, Jason has not set a good example "as far as we know."  He may have set a good example as far as you are willing to assume things about him - like that he is not behind the nasty leaked stories about Bethenny - but I don't agree his hands are clean in that respect at all.  And I have my doubts that a guy who would say "I'm sorry, you have to go with Mommy" is setting such a good example in private. Not to mention the fact that he is facing criminal charges for harassing and insulting and stalking Bryn's mother.  I know, I know, he hasn't been convicted ... but I don't like the things that have been reported that he said to her, whether he gets convicted for it or not. 

As far as *I* know, Jason is an asshole who is so consumed with fighting and punishing his ex wife, he is approaching the deep end.  And it makes me have serious doubts about how appropriate he is around Bryn.  ymmv

I said that I hoped that Jason didn't bad mouth Bethenny in front of Bryn and the same for Bethenny regarding Jason and as far as we know, neither has. BUT, Bethenny has said critical things about Jason on the show and to the press/tabloids, Jason has not done that to Bethenny. None of us know the whole story about what happened (the emails/school confrontation) and he has not been found guilty yet so that can't factor into this until we know more/the full story IMO. 

And, Yes, I do think HS can treat women in his private life differently and I did say that it was possible that Bethenny does likewise with Bryn. I am giving Bethenny more credit than you give Jason even though neither of us know either of them personally or know all the facts. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I get what you are saying about HS, and I agree. He is a great interviewer. I loved the movie Private Parts (I thought he did such a great job in that movie), and it is an interesting comparison. What I like about him is that I came to the conclusion that he was doing things to create buzz and conversation, breaking traditional rules along the way, but was also still a good person somewhere at his core. Even though he doesn't always come across that way, and he has offended me on many more than one occasion. There was actually a scene in the movie where his wife discussed the ways in which his job could impact their girls. She was worried about this. He was convinced that the things he said and did for a living didn't have to mean that he wasn't a good father to his daughters, and the notion angered him. And this is the thing about the Bethenny criticism when it comes to her ability to properly mother her daughter. Because I don't think there is harsher criticism that could be leveled at a mother. Not that I am above saying that, or that I feel I know more about the topic (I will argue all day long that Shannon Beador is the most horrendous mother on reality TV and feel no shame in doing so), but I just haven't seen Bethenny do anything that means that she doesn't care about her kid and what she might be doing to her. Just my opinion of course. 

Ahh we agree! I loved PP. And yes I think moms can have some crassness yet be a good mom, she's just so OTT much of the time and I personally don't think she has responsible boundaries or her health. 

2 hours ago, film noire said:

THIS.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Plus, B isn't always on social media. She has maybe an Instagram post a day.  If you want to judge somebody for being on social media who is a mom then you have to look at Kim K because her presence pre-burglary was non-stop. 

• Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

What this little stunt does not relate to is flipping houses. 

It certainly sets a weird tone for the show; after watching this video clip below, I'm left guessing the program is a cross between "Flip or Flop" and "Eyes Wide Shut".  If it's meant to sell a real estate program, it's one of her lowest moments, beating her "Queen of the Pee Bucket" win/place/show by a country mile (at least the pee thing was -- barf tv exec talk --  "relatable": but how is this relatable? When she does the splits while in the handstand (sequence starts 17 seconds in) it looks like we're moments away from ping pong balls flying out her crotch -- is that something I'm supposed to look at with delight and say "Oh that scamp! How I wish I could look like a sex tourism stripper desperate for a Benjamin shoved in my See You Next Tuesday while adding a second bathroom on the first floor!")  I will say  -- in her defense -- at least she doesn't resemble a mentally deranged serial killer (AKA Frederick in this fucking vid) who apparently thinks shuffle-feet dancing, murderous eye fucking of the camera, a lower lip so white it could land military aircraft in fog,  and dousing yourself with blood coloured liquid DOESN'T scream  "Silence of the Lambs".  He thinks this is...sexy. Which -- given how far off he is in that estimation -- doesn't much make me trust his judgement on fucking wallpaper.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, film noire said:

It certainly sets a weird tone for the show; after watching this video clip below, I'm left guessing the program is a cross between "Flip or Flop" and "Eyes Wide Shut".  If it's meant to sell a real estate program, it's one of her lowest moments, beating her "Queen of the Pee Bucket" win/place/show by a country mile (at least the pee thing was -- barf tv exec talk --  "relatable": but how is this relatable? When she does the splits while in the handstand (sequence starts 17 seconds in) it looks like we're moments away from ping pong balls flying out her crotch -- is that something I'm supposed to look at with delight and say "Oh that scamp! How I wish I could look like a sex tourism stripper desperate for a Benjamin shoved in my See You Next Tuesday while adding a second bathroom on the first floor!")  I will say  -- in her defense -- at least she doesn't resemble a mentally deranged serial killer (AKA Frederick in this fucking vid) who apparently thinks shuffle-feet dancing, murderous eye fucking of the camera, a lower lip so white it could land military aircraft in fog,  and dousing yourself with blood coloured liquid DOESN'T scream  "Silence of the Lambs".  He thinks this is...sexy. Which -- given how far off he is in that estimation -- doesn't much make me trust his judgement on fucking wallpaper.

I believe my issue with Bethenny had more to do with she would tell her daughter it is okay to take your clothes off when you need money.  Bethenny doesn't need money but she seems really comfortable taking her clothes off.  I get it she has rocking body but I do think when you are multi-millionaire there is a time to reflect on your business and intellect accomplishments. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I believe my issue with Bethenny had more to do with she would tell her daughter it is okay to take your clothes off when you need money.  Bethenny doesn't need money but she seems really comfortable taking her clothes off.  I get it she has rocking body but I do think when you are multi-millionaire there is a time to reflect on your business and intellect accomplishments. 

I suppose mileage would vary, but I don't get that message from the clip at all - that it is OK to take your clothes off when you need money.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I suppose mileage would vary, but I don't get that message from the clip at all - that it is OK to take your clothes off when you need money.

I was responding to Bethenny's comments from earlier this season wherein she said it is okay to take your clothes off for money and the views expressed wherein where people say it is okay to be raunchy because she is making millions off it.  My point is she made the money because she had a great idea, used her exposure on the show to further the her brand. Her exposure prior to the millions didn't involve the same degree of base behavior.  Now that she is rich, there is no financial need for her to show her ass or as we have been treated to all season take her clothes off and run around naked.  I can see where the other parent of her child might not think it is an appropriate message or behavior.

15 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Plus, B isn't always on social media. She has maybe an Instagram post a day.  If you want to judge somebody for being on social media who is a mom then you have to look at Kim K because her presence pre-burglary was non-stop. 

To me it is not how many it is the fact they exist and she puts them up.  Parents, educators, employers warn teens and young adults about what they post on social media lives forever.  I don't think it is a good example for her child and the tone seems to be she is making money off it so is okay.   

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

" I can see where the other parent of her child might not think it is an appropriate message or behavior. " They're divorced and at one point that other parent wanted and received spousal support along with child support. If that other parent is genuinely appalled by Bethenny's career choices, he has every right to go to the courts and seek custody based on her immorality. Personally, I found the whole thing tacky, dumb, and crude. But, the actual message of "its ok to take your clothes off to make money" is essentially true. We don't expect a mother to have her kids starve when she can make good money to feed them by going up on the pole.

• Love 7

At this point of the game, she is boring and totally predictable.

whomever told Beth and Carole that their asses were something to be envied, needs to be shot.

As far as her money, wtf cares?

stale, stale, stale.

• Love 8

They could start with a re-release of his film classic "The Hole".

To make it befitting of Beth's mouth, they can name it The Hole That Never Closes.

Other titles for the "Skinnygirl Cocktales" (™film noire) series: Get On My Jock, and SkinnySlut Does The Hamptons.

• Love 9

I think those two were just joking around, maybe after a few hours of filming. Not a big deal to me. I know I wouldn't do it, but I have a few friends who I would absolutely not be surprised at all to get a snap or see an insta story like this from. A couple are even moms. Imagine!

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I think those two were just joking around, maybe after a few hours of filming. Not a big deal to me. I know I wouldn't do it, but I have a few friends who I would absolutely not be surprised at all to get a snap or see an insta story like this from. A couple are even moms. Imagine!

She still had her mic pack on so I think this was filmed for their new show. I suspect they sold an apartment or something akin to that and got drunk celebrating. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/25/2017 at 4:35 PM, RedheadZombie said:

Last I checked, Howard Stern had three daughters.  Where was his dedication to his girls?  Or is it only vulgar when a woman does it?

Howard Stern is vulgar and shameful and gets called out all the time. So is Bethany.  Fart man sucked.  Whatever the fuck Sinewey is doing sucks too.  It sucked when I wore assless pants in Albertsons and got rode out on a rail by outraged seniors.    Attention whores get attention.

and Beth is a shitty dancer.  She's lucky she never had to strip to pay the bills.  Because she's unpleasant, not pretty, and stripping becomes a soul crushing way to make a living once the novelty wears off.  Oh, also she would have had her skinny ass handed to her on her first night.  She's all bark.

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 3
On 7/25/2017 at 3:30 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Howard Stern, is he still on?  

Why would you have a problem that she's doing it for herself?   I don't think you have to stop everything because you have a child.  Kids are going to be embarrassed by their parents one way or another.  They deal with it.

Bethany's an entertainer in the reality world. Her daughter will understand the public Bethany and the Bethany that is her mother. 

• Love 5

I would be more embarrassed by my mother doing a s****** stripper dance on social media than if my mother was actually a stripper.   Because actual strippers with kids are for the most part pretty discreet and sensible people.  Brittle old Beth just wants attention.  Doing a geriatric looking striptease has nothing to do with furthering her brand.  It's just cringy,  like when she wore her daughters pajamas. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Beth just doesn't know how to be a host or interviewer.  Beth is about Beth.  Her opinion is more important than what anyone else has to say.

On an aside, I can't stand Howard Stern.  He may be a great person, husband, father off mike but off mike?  Just not my cup of tea.

Edited by breezy424
I meant off mike.
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

I don't trust an article that can't get basic facts straight. Like that Nene sells her rags on HSN, not QVC and that Sonja never, ever sold a single toaster oven to begin with, it never went beyond the brag faze into production. LOL Yes, Bethenny is a smart business woman but her businesses all rely on her being on the HW show, without the show her sales sink.

• Love 3

Bethenny needs to stop declaring she doesn't have a "nanny" for Bryn, http://pagesix.com/2017/08/02/bethenny-frankel-thinks-kids-are-like-dogs/  . She still has to work when she has Bryn, so she does have someone watch/babysit her at those times, be it 1 of her "assistants/employees" or a professional babysitter/aka a nanny, she still has help. That is unless she is leaving Bryn alone at night when she has her and has to film/work (which I highly doubt)! LOL

• Love 1

That is unless she is leaving Bryn alone at night when she has her and has to film/work (which I highly doubt)! LOL

I don't think of nanny and babysitter as the same thing. And I suspect Nancy's don't either. I know that she is there for bedtime always. She goes out after bedtime. I've seen her leave RHONYC  events for bedtime. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I don't think of nanny and babysitter as the same thing. And I suspect Nancy's don't either. I know that she is there for bedtime always. She goes out after bedtime. I've seen her leave RHONYC  events for bedtime. 

So that would affirm that Bethenny is being untruthful or contradictory at best.  If she does not work when she has her daughter-why would she leaving a work event to tuck her daughter in?  Or as she calls it putting her down. 

I am sorry to hear that Bryn went for being a sweet little girl to being a sassy kid.  No offense to Bethenny but many people don't respond well to people referring to their children being like dogs.  Maybe she should rethink that as a public statement. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

She works when she has Bryn so that means she has full time childcare, call it what you want, babysitter or nanny. I also doubt that she hired whoever she did to care for Bryn without them being fully trained in childcare, just like a nanny is. Maybe Bethenny doesn't think of them being a "nanny" because they don't live with them full time but many nannies go to their own homes at night even though they are considered "nannies". LOL

• Love 4

She works when she has Bryn so that means she has full time childcare,

Nope she works when Brynn is in school. In the summer she does not work when she has Brynn. Snaps have them in the Hampton's other than the day she brings her back to the city, which is today this week.  Tomorrow she'll be working. 

• Love 2