Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Now, I'm well aware that allergies can get worse over time. That said, if this is something that she has been struggling with since she was a child, then I have to doubt her recommendation.

hl5wkkxgx8e21.jpg

I can't speak for their tuna salad, but their whitefish salad and various smoked salmons are really darn great.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

There are so many examples of her preparing / eating fish given by Danny Pellegrino's recent instastory. Bethenny preparing sushi, eating tuna, sea bass for her birthday. There is no way that she has been allergic since birth like she claims. Why would you purposely ingest something that you are allergic to? Since birth? C'mon! Isn't an allergy something that you avoid?

If I was allergic to nuts since birth, I sure as hell would not be eating peanut butter cookies for my birthday.

She just destroys her credibility every time she opens her mouth.

From what I know anecdotally, people seem to have them from birth OR pick them up later. I’ve personally never heard of anaphylactic reactions waxing and waning throughout the course of someone’s life. Back when I was a kid I heard about some allergies having a 7-year cycle, but I don’t know how true that is. Certainly not true for my tree nut allergy. There wasn’t as much research or attention to this when I was a kid. 

I *have* had food allergies go away—but they were for foods that gave me a rash or congestion, not anaphylaxis. Don’t screw around with anaphylaxis.

Here’s what FARE (Food Allergy Resource and Education) has to say:

Can a person outgrow their food allergies?
Peanut, tree nut, fish and shellfish allergies usually are lifelong. Milk, egg, wheat and soy allergies usually begin in childhood and eventually may be outgrown.

If I think I or my child has outgrown an allergy to a food, is it okay to try a small amount of that food?
No. Only your allergist can test for this. For more information on tests for food allergies, visit
www.foodallergy.org/diagnosis-and-testing.

Source

I’ll say I’m grateful for organizations like FARE. And most countries are getting hip to allergy. I traveled to Israel a few years ago and was nervous because all that I read online was that people there had little understanding of allergy as it wasn’t all that prevalent. That info was about 2-5 years old at that point. But by the time I went, it seemed like most people got it and no one treated me like I was rude for declining food due to allergy (believe me, it happens). That’s a big shift for a culture in a short period of time.

• Love 6

There is not doubt in my mind that her anxiety is in a crazy spiral of worrying about her own mortality. There is the overdose of her boyfriend, and the fear and worry of leaving this earth and Brynn only having "those people" from Hazelton. She is a ridiculous exaggerator so her anxiety has grown the story into a monster naturally there is NO way it's true as she tells it. I am only surprised in her restraint in not blaming Jason for intentional poisonization.   Next, food tasters if she does not have them already. The Skinnygirl will have some expendable Fatgirl with a fish allergy that no one will miss because she isn't worthy because she isn't skinny. 

Hate the B. #sorrynotsorry #lovedthefishpuns 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

There is not doubt in my mind that her anxiety is in a crazy spiral of worrying about her own mortality. There is the overdose of her boyfriend, and the fear and worry of leaving this earth and Brynn only having "those people" from Hazelton.

Agreed! A few pages back, some of us talked about how a panic attack can mimic the first stages of anaphylaxis. I AM NOT SAYING SHE DOESN'T HAVE A REAL ISSUE, but that anxiety can be at play here.

• Love 15
On 2/2/2019 at 6:44 PM, Happy Camper said:

There are so many examples of her preparing / eating fish given by Danny Pellegrino's recent instastory. Bethenny preparing sushi, eating tuna, sea bass for her birthday. There is no way that she has been allergic since birth like she claims. Why would you purposely ingest something that you are allergic to? Since birth? C'mon! Isn't an allergy something that you avoid?

If I was allergic to nuts since birth, I sure as hell would not be eating peanut butter cookies for my birthday.

She just destroys her credibility every time she opens her mouth.

People do stupid things all the time.  I have a staff member who is allergic to all nuts.  She isn't careful and will eat food that has it in them if she likes it.  She came in one day after eating a ton of food she shouldn't, had had to use her epi pen in the middle of the night, yet she was still here.  I hope she takes better care of herself but most of the time she is willing to suffer the mildish reactions.  She is young so my guess is it will get worse as she ages.  MAYBE this is the same with B.  It was unpleasant yet not deadly until it was.

• Love 3

It's going to be creepy watching Bethenny sob on camera about her unbounded grief (will she be wearing the engagement ring she wore to custody court, I wonder?) even as she's posting photos like this of the insta-replacement she found. (And those hearts - really? -- jesus, they look like the moment in the movie when the Glenn Close knock-off character reveals her Photo Wall of Obsession.)

frankel and paul.jpg

Dear Diary,

When Dennis overdosed,  my profound grief kept me from  drawing even a single breath -- unlike his wife, who was filling her lungs all over the place, oxygen slut that she is  -- but only a few weeks later, I was all "Dennis, who? Wevs!" when Paul walked into my world! Turns out, I really am better at everything than everybody! That's why I've decided to write my next book:  Unleashing your Grinnygirl: How to Blow Off The Dead Love of Your Life  In Six Weeks or Less!  Pre-order now on Amazon! Happy Valentine's Day!

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 18
  • Love 4

What makes this especially humorous to me was how when I mentioned, in defense of the idea that Jill Shields wasn't exactly Dennis Shields's devoted wife, that Jill was a rarity in being that devoted wife and having her boyfriend of two years at her side as she grieved, I was told that if Jill had someone to support her then good on Jill and thank god she had support as she was *the wife grieving*...

My point, I suppose, is that if Bethenny has no right to display her grief as she was an on again, off again girlfriend, then I am not sure why - since her grief is wrong and not acceptable, her moving on and NOT wearing black for the rest of her life is also wrong.

I mean, I assume Jill isn't wrong to have that boyfriend... and she was the wife!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

What makes this especially humorous to me was how when I mentioned, in defense of the idea that Jill Shields wasn't exactly Dennis Shields's devoted wife, that Jill was a rarity in being that devoted wife and having her boyfriend of two years at her side as she grieved, I was told that if Jill had someone to support her then good on Jill and thank god she had support as she was *the wife grieving*...

My point, I suppose, is that if Bethenny has no right to display her grief as she was an on again, off again girlfriend, then I am not sure why - since her grief is wrong and not acceptable, her moving on and NOT wearing black for the rest of her life is also wrong.

I mean, I assume Jill isn't wrong to have that boyfriend... and she was the wife!

I think the difference is that Jill wasn't spilling her story all over Bravo like Bethenny is. This whole "the only way for me to get off of the ride was for Dennis to die" story is the worst BS storyline that I have ever seen except for Taylor when Russell committed suicide. Sick.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I think the difference is that Jill wasn't spilling her story all over Bravo like Bethenny is. This whole "the only way for me to get off of the ride was for Dennis to die" story is the worst BS storyline that I have ever seen except for Taylor when Russell committed suicide. Sick.

Happy Camper, could you please remind me how the show handled the Russell suicide? Many thanks!

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Happy Camper, could you please remind me how the show handled the Russell suicide? Many thanks!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-season-2-taylor-and-russell-armstrongs-riveting-story

We will see how Bethenny presents her story this season. This is all that we have for now:

“There was a lot in my mind about him dying,” Bethenny, 48, says in the teaser. “I could not get off the ride. I feel guilty that the only way I could get off the ride is that he’s dead.”

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Sounds pretty familiar to many of us who have dealt with the very uncomfortable yet undeniable feelings that crop up after a loved one who has struggled with addiction dies. 

I'm hoping it will be a small part of her storyline this season because I'm not in the mood, but that's a pretty familiar reaction and survivors feel a lot of guilt over feeling even an ounce of that. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 2/14/2019 at 5:54 AM, film noire said:

I think Frankel's Mr Right (Now) needs help in the taste department - this looks like it belongs on top of a Victorian baby coffin, imo.

frankl ehearts.jpg

Why did he give her a box of rock salt / ice melt?  And why is it being held over a ledge?  Am I missing something?  Is this a NYC thing that I’m too simple to understand?

Edited by geauxaway
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Why did he give her a box of rock salt / ice melt?  And why is it being held over a ledge?  Am I missing something?  Is this a NYC thing that I’m too simple to understand?

If my husband gave me that thing all I could do was think about the actual nice things he could have bought me instead. Such a fugly arrangement!

• Love 7
On 2/14/2019 at 6:54 AM, film noire said:

I think Frankel's Mr Right (Now) needs help in the taste department - this looks like it belongs on top of a Victorian baby coffin, imo.

frankl ehearts.jpg

Nothing says "I love you" quite like giving a funeral arrangement to your girlfriend whose most recent boyfriend and soulmate died the month before you hooked up.

Is he in psychology? Maybe he wants her to break down so he can comfort her?

Is this new guy married too? I thought I read that somewhere.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, film noire said:

It's going to be creepy watching Bethenny sob on camera about her unbounded grief (will she be wearing the engagement ring she wore to custody court, I wonder?) even as she's posting photos like this of the insta-replacement she found. (And those hearts - really? -- jesus, they look like the moment in the movie when the Glenn Close knock-off character reveals her Photo Wall of Obsession.)

frankel and paul.jpg

Dear Diary,

When Dennis overdosed,  my profound grief kept me from  drawing even a single breath -- unlike his wife, who was filling her lungs all over the place, oxygen slut that she is  -- but only a few weeks later, I was all "Dennis, who? Wevs!" when Paul walked into my world! Turns out, I really am better at everything than everybody! That's why I've decided to write my next book:  Unleashing your Grinnygirl: How to Blow Off The Dead Love of Your Life  In Six Weeks or Less!  Pre-order now on Amazon! Happy Valentine's Day!

She looks like Michael Jackson.  And that’s the new guy?  Huh.  He looks a little twinkish.  Did Andy find him for her? 

Soooo looking forward to a season of her sobbing over Denny the druggie and her near death fish phobia.  Not.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Sounds pretty familiar to many of us who have dealt with the very uncomfortable yet undeniable feelings that crop up after a loved one who has struggled with addiction dies. 

I'm hoping it will be a small part of her storyline this season because I'm not in the mood, but that's a pretty familiar reaction and survivors feel a lot of guilt over feeling even an ounce of that. 

Yeah, that sounds like a normal reaction and considering it was likely when filming started... I don't know if I find it over the top.

I do agree that I really don't want a lot of dwelling on Dennis on the show. It can't go unmentioned but it's also a show with five or six or seven housewives so surely there's some *other* storyline to deal with. I mean, didn't Luann get sued by her kids and relapse? Didn't Sonya "accidently" walk naked somewhere? Didn't Dorinda cut a bitch during some mafia hit?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Yeah, that sounds like a normal reaction and considering it was likely when filming started... I don't know if I find it over the top.

I do agree that I really don't want a lot of dwelling on Dennis on the show. It can't go unmentioned but it's also a show with five or six or seven housewives so surely there's some *other* storyline to deal with. I mean, didn't Luann get sued by her kids and relapse? Didn't Sonya "accidently" walk naked somewhere? Didn't Dorinda cut a bitch during some mafia hit?

Wait? Did this happen during the season and I forgot, or after and I missed it.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

She looks like Michael Jackson.  And that’s the new guy?  Huh.  He looks a little twinkish.  Did Andy find him for her? 

Soooo looking forward to a season of her sobbing over Denny the druggie and her near death fish phobia.  Not.  

Oh, my gosh! She DOES look like Michael Jackson!

And also, yes, this guy has a twink vibe!

• LOL 1
On 2/15/2019 at 4:40 PM, Happy Camper said:

I agree.  Bad enough Frankel went to the funeral over the objections of the family, bad enough she was posting comments after his death about how much greater her loss was ("my grief for Dennis is so minty-fresh due to our recent attachment!!") but to make it part of RHONY is beyond fucking debased. Tell a (real) therapist in private, not on video tape for public consumption.  

And I wonder what the daughter Frankel called to provide "proof" (during that reunion) will make of Bethenny using her father's death as red meat for ratings & attention. Her father's fiancee/love of his life/girlfriend -- whatever label du jour Frankel is using -- sobbing about feeling guilty her father had to die for Frankel to run free.  What a thing to have to hear.  And after this massive display of loss from Bethenny  -- being photographed at the funeral and grief-tweeting and grief-dieting and media stories about her supposed engagment to Dennis and now sobbing for the Bravo cameras -- less than three months later, she's  bringing a new dude on vacation with Bryn (I make all my uncles their drinks!)  and we're all supposed to watch her emo-vomit on camera without sideyeing the fuck out of her sincerity? 

Whatever -- I suppose nobody should be surprised she went this low -- she pissed on a stick for the cameras; why wouldn't she publicly piss on the memory of someone she claimed to love? 

@geauxaway

Preach! 

Everything else aside, it's just too fucking dark for what I think RHONY is, at its best:  a light-hearted, quick-paced NYC show with moments of high drama and plenty of low comedy. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 18
On 2/15/2019 at 2:45 PM, film noire said:

frankel and paul.jpg

Dear Diary,

That was quick.  How old is this guy?

Edited by Gem 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, geauxaway said:

She’s probably allergic to these flowers also, so keeps them outside.  Or, people landing at LaGuardia get a glimpse of rich peoples flowers on a ledge. Lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Those are just as bad as Tinsley's arrangement in Mexico! Only B's are in an airtight container. WHY???? I'd take a hammer to that display of fuckery.

Haha, I don’t get the idea of those flowers.  You can’t put them in a vase .... I’d be afraid of them all locked up like that.  Orchids in the middle too.  Creepy.  I like one rose from CVS, that’s it.

• Love 3
On 2/19/2019 at 2:43 PM, FairyDusted said:

Those are just as bad as Tinsley's arrangement in Mexico! Only B's are in an airtight container. WHY???? I'd take a hammer to that display of fuckery.

I loved Tinsley's arrangement , wasn't it Brazil though? Cartagena? (sp?) It was HUGE and campy, I mean how do you impress a trust fund baby. The locals who carried in were so proud of it and it was a sight behold for all the right reasons. A big effort by the boyfriend, fresh local native flowers, and delivered proudly by the staff. 

Bethenny's is a weird rock salt pink red heart shaped box nouveau piece of shit. Like she is.  

Also, the boyfriend looks preppy, she will hate him shortly. Watch what happens..............

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

A couple of gems from the above link:

Frankel asked her Twitter followers to “hit me with the info” on what she can do.  Of course she did.

“My whole entire life, since I was born, I’ve been allergic to fish,” she in January.  Yeah, that'd be your entire life Beth.

More about the fish allergy -  “In my adult life I’ve had two hospital experiences before this one, not near-death. A couple a times a year I have a reaction of some sort. It could be swelling or hives or something … Because [the reaction] never got to a 10 [in severity], it got to maybe a 6 or a 8, I just didn’t realize I could die from it.”

Sounds like she was knowingly exposing her body to fish for a long time, willing to take the minor consequences.  Let's hope she takes a different tac with Bryn.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Please tell me we will not be seeing her handing Kevin (or her driver du jour) a shit stained pillow to dispose of.

The blood stained pillow was from Cookie’s emergency.  Not sure where it became Bethenny’s. Cookie had a blood condition for most of her little life and took medication.  She had a really close call and they bundled her out of the apt.  Kevin was there for it.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

The blood stained pillow was from Cookie’s emergency.  Not sure where it became Bethenny’s. Cookie had a blood condition for most of her little life and took medication.  She had a really close call and they bundled her out of the apt.  Kevin was there for it.

The pillow I'm referring to was from when Bethenny bleeding to death from her fibroids.

• Love 12

The pillow I'm referring to was from when Bethenny bleeding to death from her fibroids.

If you are referring to the one she handed Kevin on RHONYC that is not from her.  That was from the emergency with Cookie.  It was in her insta stories from months before airing, same pillow, etc.  The edit monkeys just let you think that but if you follow her on social media you knew and after the episode aired someone asked and she said yes from Cookie.  And that Cookie’s medication was adjusted so she was doing much better.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Some studies show that leaky gut may be associated with other autoimmune diseases (lupus, type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis), chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, arthritis, allergies, asthma, acne, obesity, and even mental illness,” says Harvard.

That's quite the smörgåsbord of ailments. She must feel like she won the hypochondriac lottery.

• LOL 10
  • Love 7

Is leaky gut the same as anal leakage?  Y’all know, the big crisis that came about from baked chips 🤣

My lort is sounds horrible either way.  I really can’t fathom how she can continue to prance around in her teeny bikinis with this leaking issue....

As me and mine would say “G-Y-RODY, disgrossting!”

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Is leaky gut the same as anal leakage?  Y’all know, the big crisis that came about from baked chips 🤣

My lort is sounds horrible either way.  I really can’t fathom how she can continue to prance around in her teeny bikinis with this leaking issue....

As me and mine would say “G-Y-RODY, disgrossting!”

It isn't.  But, it's also a very Shannon Beador kind of ailment.  I'm kind of surprised that Bethenny is announcing that she has it, since it's a somewhat . . . I'm trying to think of how to say this nicely . . . Dr Oz-ish diagnosis?  It's one of those things where all of a sudden everyone on facebook is posting about how they have this thing and it's totally a huge deal and there's all this info out there, but, if you try to find actual studies, the science becomes a bit tenuous.  I'll be blunt and say that anytime people start talking about toxins in things, I start to question it, and the premise with leaky gut is that you have increased intestinal permeability, which allows bacteria and toxins to "leak" through your intestinal wall.  It also says that mainstream medical professionals do not recognize it as a real condition.

Now, increased intestinal permeability IS a real thing, but, it's not quite the same thing as what I've found to be described on FB and Dr Oz sorts of circles, where you'll essentially hear that you pretty much have poop just dripping out into your abdominal cavity and roaming freely in your body.  It can cause basically every known symptom and side effect and can be cured by not eating sugar, taking lots of supplements and doing random other weird things.  (The FB variety, I mean)

So, this is something I'm a bit surprised to see Bethenny posting about.  She usually strikes me as someone who would have a lot less tolerance for this sort of thing.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, smores said:

It isn't.  But, it's also a very Shannon Beador kind of ailment.  I'm kind of surprised that Bethenny is announcing that she has it, since it's a somewhat . . . I'm trying to think of how to say this nicely . . . Dr Oz-ish diagnosis?  It's one of those things where all of a sudden everyone on facebook is posting about how they have this thing and it's totally a huge deal and there's all this info out there, but, if you try to find actual studies, the science becomes a bit tenuous.  I'll be blunt and say that anytime people start talking about toxins in things, I start to question it, and the premise with leaky gut is that you have increased intestinal permeability, which allows bacteria and toxins to "leak" through your intestinal wall.  It also says that mainstream medical professionals do not recognize it as a real condition.

Now, increased intestinal permeability IS a real thing, but, it's not quite the same thing as what I've found to be described on FB and Dr Oz sorts of circles, where you'll essentially hear that you pretty much have poop just dripping out into your abdominal cavity and roaming freely in your body.  It can cause basically every known symptom and side effect and can be cured by not eating sugar, taking lots of supplements and doing random other weird things.  (The FB variety, I mean)

So, this is something I'm a bit surprised to see Bethenny posting about.  She usually strikes me as someone who would have a lot less tolerance for this sort of thing.  

Good to know!  Guess we don’t have to look for poo stains on her anytime soon.  PTL! 🙏🏼

• LOL 1

I, too have leaky gut syndrome/ wheat and gluten intolerance, and it sucks. Maybe Bethenny will develop a gluten/wheat free bread that doesn’t taste like cardboard! ( not holding much hope). Instead of Skinny Girl she could call it Shitty Girl.....

• LOL 4