Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, artisto said:

Other anorexics may have different triggers in differing degrees.

I quoted myself..snerk

Everyone being an individual...can have sundry reasons for anorexia.

In any event, anorexia is an issue with food.

33 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I politely disagree. Right now I’m 81 lbs. As someone who has bouts with anorexia, I have no body dismorphia. I am very tired of people telling me what to eat, when to eat and insisting that things I strongly dislike are fine and that I “just need to get over it”. The latter has to do with people who make overly salty food (to my taste). It burns my tongue. 

Hope you don’t mind me asking a few questions (as inane as they might be). 

Are there other things along with salt that physically affect you? 

What adjustments are you required to make when you go out to eat or cook for others?   

Ok .... feel free to ignore me if you prefer.  I’m the one invading your space.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ellee said:

Hope you don’t mind me asking a few questions (as inane as they might be). 

Are there other things along with salt that physically affect you? 

What adjustments are you required to make when you go out to eat or cook for others?   

Ok .... feel free to ignore me if you prefer.  I’m the one invading your space.  

Yes. It makes me retain water and if I eat something salty then I’ll have to get up and pee 1X every hour. No exaggeration. I’m slowly trying to eat it. I’ll slightly salt food when I’m cooking for others and have many salt and pepper sets on the table (I have no issues with peppers...even if they have some heat). When going out I’ll ask for no seasoning if it is something like a steak where it’s cooked individually. It also depends where I eat out. Some places have chefs that copiously salt their food and I avoid them. I can always keep it simple. Salads and desserts are usually safe. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Control issues can also cause Anorexia. When people cannot control anything else in their lives, then they might fight back by taking over what they eat, how much and when. 

Eating disorders are pretty common for the daughters of mothers with npd - for them it is about gaining some control. 

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 9

So wrt Bethenny's diet, I remember years ago when Kelly B-S was on the show, she posted what she ate in a day, and calorie/food-wise it was basically the same as Bethenny = not much or not enough to be healthy.

• Love 4

I think there's perhaps a question about why some people want to be so thin -- there's an argument for societal pressure, or psychopathology, or even the claims about thinness and longevity, etc., but what is generally not debatable is the amount of calories a skinny body needs to ingest to stay that way. It's surprisingly few. 

Bethenny's eating plan looks pretty reasonable in that way, and the small portion of ice cream is there not for nutrition, but as a way to stay the course over the long term.  Most people diet and fail: they restrict themselves of all sugar, alcohol, carbs, etc. and find that hard to stick with, so they go off, eat the stuff they felt deprived of, regain weight and then some, and then sometimes repeat that cycle.  Bethenny is offering an alternative to that -- keep your treats, in a small amount, and thereby continue to be able to stay on a not-gaining-weight plan. 

Bethenny is offering a program to people who, rightly or wrongly, want to be and stay thin, and by including small treats, offering a psychological component which makes it feel less like deprivation.  If she's helping people to get of the lose weight-gain weight cycle, I think it's a good thing.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Jel said:

I think there's perhaps a question about why some people want to be so thin -- there's an argument for societal pressure, or psychopathology, or even the claims about thinness and longevity, etc., but what is generally not debatable is the amount of calories a skinny body needs to ingest to stay that way. It's surprisingly few. 

Bethenny's eating plan looks pretty reasonable in that way, and the small portion of ice cream is there not for nutrition, but as a way to stay the course over the long term.  Most people diet and fail: they restrict themselves of all sugar, alcohol, carbs, etc. and find that hard to stick with, so they go off, eat the stuff they felt deprived of, regain weight and then some, and then sometimes repeat that cycle.  Bethenny is offering an alternative to that -- keep your treats, in a small amount, and thereby continue to be able to stay on a not-gaining-weight plan. 

Bethenny is offering a program to people who, rightly or wrongly, want to be and stay thin, and by including small treats, offering a psychological component which makes it feel less like deprivation.  If she's helping people to get of the lose weight-gain weight cycle, I think it's a good thing.

Less than 1000KCal a day is way too few ! And it depends also of the quality of the KCal you ingest... 1500KCal -for a sedentary person- is OK if you want to lose weight at a correct pace and being able to keep that weight for life... NOT LESS !

Regarding the "social pressure", it's easy [EDIT to clarify : it's NOT what I am thinking, it's the "mainstream thinking" I'm talking about] :
You're thin = you're a winner, you're strong, you're in control
You're not = You're weak, you're a loser, you're... nothing to be interested on.

And Beth's book should have been titled : "How to fake being healthy and naturally thin : my tricks to fake people and make them believe that I'm eating"

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 8
On 2018-11-24 at 2:57 PM, film noire said:

I think she makes room for the treats by foregoing other food choices  - this is one of Frankel's food journal entries in her "naturally" thin book (the one about not "dieting")

Monday (week 1):

breakfast: 2/3 of an egg white omelett, 1/2 pita

lunch: bowl of Japanese soup (but don’t eat the noodles!)

snack: teeny bowl of ice cream (I would guess 1/4 cup)

dinner: salad, 1/2 turkey burger (no bun!), 1/2 baked potato

snack: teeny bowl of froyo.

To offer that as a sample of her daily eating (even a single day) is a red flag to me.  Nine hundred calories (at most) a significant part of those calories gone on ice cream and froyo (not nutrition-rich food) and a half-a-meat-patty mindset worthy of Betty Draper; the only thing missing is cigarettes-as-appetite suppressant. And when all you have for lunch is a bowl of soup (while telling your readers, "don't eat the noodles") you are not living a healthy food life.

It's my belief that if you're eating a quarter of a cup of something or eating two cups of something you might be in trouble.  Within those boundaries anything goes!  I'm not a supporter of eating too much and I'm even less of a supporter of eating too little.  I'm gonna go all judgey on Bethenny's food choices.  There is protein but no green veggies--or veggies of any sort--here.  That bowl of Miso or whatever is undoubtedly loaded with salt.  Maybe skip the baked potato with your burger pattie and load up on sprouts, broccoli, carrots or whatever.  Why skip the ramen if you're going to eat the pita and the potato and the teeny-tiny tastes of ice cream & frozen yoghurt (BTW how sad is that?).  Maybe that lunch should have been a bowl of home-made veggie soup which takes about 10 minutes and a blender to make.  You can have a small potato in there and all kinds of other nutritious stuff.  I could go on and on.  That food diary stinks of issues.  Sorry Beth.  I'm calling bullshit on your career as a nutritionist.

Edited by quaintirene
  • Love 18
20 hours ago, teapot said:

Too funny—I just heard about this one at Thanksgiving! It makes me nauseous just thinking about it. Aha—Bethenny could rebrand it using Skinnygirl. Only then, you won’t be able to keep your food down because the Skinnygirl wine is so disgusting. You’ll just go back to paleo or whatever ;)

• Love 5
15 hours ago, quaintirene said:

It's my belief that if you're eating a quarter of a cup of something or eating two cups of something you might be in trouble.  Within those boundaries anything goes!  I'm not a supporter of eating too much and I'm even less of a supporter of eating too little.  I'm gonna go all judgey on Bethenny's food choices.  There is protein but no green veggies--or veggies of any sort--here.  That bowl of Miso or whatever is undoubtedly loaded with salt.  Maybe skip the baked potato with your burger pattie and load up on sprouts, broccoli, carrots or whatever.  Why skip the ramen if you're going to eat the pita and the potato and the teeny-tiny tastes of ice cream & frozen yoghurt (BTW how sad is that?).  Maybe that lunch should have been a bowl of home-made veggie soup which takes about 10 minutes and a blender to make.  You can have a small potato in there and all kinds of other nutritious stuff.  I could go on and on.  That food diary stinks of issues.  Sorry Beth.  I'm calling bullshit on your career as a nutritionist.

I'm not going to debate whether or not Bethenny has food issues, but that list did clearly also say salad with the turkey burger and potato for dinner.  If I remember the book correctly (I read it when it came out), she really stressed eating vegetables and protein (she does lean towards eating more vegetarian than not), first.  She also didn't specify amounts that you should eat, more that you make overall adjustments that work for you.  

• Love 5
19 hours ago, quaintirene said:

Sorry Beth.  I'm calling bullshit on your career as a nutritionist.

Amen (if nothing else, her "Taste everything, eat nothing" mantra sounds suspiciously like ye olde chew and spew.) 

Frankel spent Thanksgiving binge-watching  the Twilight movies  with her eight year old daughter (because nothing says "I respect that you're still a young girl" like  watching a toxic vampire a-humping!) 

twilight gif.gif

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, smores said:

I'm not going to debate whether or not Bethenny has food issues, but that list did clearly also say salad with the turkey burger and potato for dinner.  If I remember the book correctly (I read it when it came out), she really stressed eating vegetables and protein (she does lean towards eating more vegetarian than not), first.  She also didn't specify amounts that you should eat, more that you make overall adjustments that work for you.  

You're right!  I missed the salad.  However no veggies or fruit for breakfast.  In fact I don't see fruit here at all.  No fresh veggies for lunch.  Salad for dinner is nice.  But maybe an orange in the morning?  An apple for a snack instead of that sad little spoonful of ice cream?  And I've never had Japanese soup that wasn't really high in sodium.  Those posters suggesting this is the cause of her self-described constipation are pretty much right I think.  Where's the fibre?

• Love 8
4 hours ago, film noire said:

Frankel spent Thanksgiving binge-watching  the Twilight movies  with her eight year old daughter (because nothing says "I respect that you're still a young girl" like  watching a toxic vampire a-humping!) 

Eh, she's got my dad beat. I fondly remember Dad cheerfully egging Jason Voorhees on to kill campers during our thanksgiving "Put movies on so Mom doesn't take us shopping strategy" - My Bloody Valentine and Massacre at Central High was in that showing.

I personally don't care for the Twilight movies but better she watch them with her daughter than just letting the kid watch movies alone....

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I personally don't care for the Twilight movies but better she watch them with her daughter than just letting the kid watch movies alone....

Ummm. Can't imagine watching Twilight movie with an 8 year old.  Awkward silence moments.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 8

Well, for simple good taste, it wouldn't be my choice for a film marathon because I found the storyline dull and the acting worse, but I am sure any film suggested could be found to have child damaging flaws. ;)

Heck, the most genuinely twisted stuff is often geared towards kids. Have you ever really watched Little House on the Prairie? Really watched it? Because there's a LOT of demented crack in that wholesome family show - I mean self immolation while holding one's years dead wife, people literally coughing up blood and dying, rabid dogs attacking children, a serial rapist in a mime outfit and his 13 year old pregnant victim being merrily slutshamed until she's murdered by her stalker, and who can forget Mrs Garvey *burning to death while screaming and desperately battering the glass windows of the blind school?

Not that I still have nightmares...

But seriously, my niece got this seemingly cute film made by Disney starring golden retriever puppies as "The Buddies" who solve puppy crime and it was a Halloween theme and... we ended up with creepy incantations, an evil wizard opening a hellmouth and the ghosts of *dead puppies the wizard killed* asking the adorable Buddies for help to escape from being damned. Pretty sure the neice didn't sleep for a week. 

These days Twilight sometimes runs on the ABC Family Channel. I wouldn't be shocked if Bryn found it to be amusingly quaint and something she'd already seen. 

• Love 7
On 11/10/2018 at 11:32 PM, breezy424 said:

WTF.  That's all I got.  Did she borrow that from Erika Jane...with instructions on how you put yourself into latex 'clothing'.

OMG .. one day a “Little House on the Prarie” to Streetwalker.  Wtf?

• Love 3
On 11/29/2018 at 1:21 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

If you're interested, BF on HSN currently, selling her wares.

Love Your Santa Cat.  Bet Walnutqueen is going nuts and wants that critter.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Schnickelfritz said:

So does Beth ask the server/chef if there’s fish in the soup, and they don’t tell her the truth?

When I was a server, I always went back to the kitchen and explained the allergy and made sure to find out if a dish included that item. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

So does Beth ask the server/chef if there’s fish in the soup, and they don’t tell her the truth?

When I was a server, I always went back to the kitchen and explained the allergy and made sure to find out if a dish included that item. 

This is the part I don't get either.  If you have a severe allergy to certain types of fish - or anything else- common sense would tell you to  ask.  It's not the first time she's had a bad reaction to fish.   Assuming from her tweets, she is allergic to non-shellfish and because it's "unusual and confusing", she keeps it to herself.   (Well, not exactly, it's come up  on RHONY more than once.)

(I'm not trying to minimize what happened to her, scary indeed (although I do think she tends to be dramatic).  But I know a person with severe food allergies - she always, always, always, asks rather than take a chance and end up in the ER),

Untitled.jpg

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 7
44 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

This is the part I don't get either.  If you have a severe allergy to certain types of fish - or anything else- common sense would tell you to  ask.  It's not the first time she's had a bad reaction to fish.   Assuming from her tweets, she is allergic to non-shellfish and because it's "unusual and confusing", she keeps it to herself.   (Well, not exactly, it's come up  on RHONY more than once.)

I actually know a possibility.  I work with someone with this type of fish allergy.  They ask questions.  They get specific.  And they discovered that there is a current trend for fancy chefs to add a little fish broth to dishes to ‘give it some punch’.  They feel it’s a secret ingredient and see no need to discuss this with staff.  The other thing she discovered, after an epi pen, was that a lot of bloody mary’s are made with Clamato juice.  Some Clamato juice has fish broth in it.  But it is ‘contaminated’ with fish broth and therefore is not listed as an ingredient.

This is the kind of thing so many people with severe food allergies runs into.  For a long time people thought the peanut allergy thing was hysteria.  Then children died and people took it seriously.

I thought one of the follow up questions/answers on twitter was interesting.  She said hit hit so fast that she couldn’t`have used her own epi pen.  She was told that she would see an elevated heart rate so she’s looking at watches/Fitbit type items that would send both she and someone else a notice.

• Love 7

I've been served a meal with the food I'm allergic to in it even after talking about it 3 separate times with the server. This has happened at least twice. One time they brought the food to me with nuts very clearly sprinkled all over it (nut allergy) and our whole party walked out. The second time, I ate the food and neither the server (nor the chef apparently, bc the server showed my friend the note she wrote on the order) knew that there was pecans in the sauce on my food. I went to the ER and the restaurant paid for my medical care out of fear that I would sue. Both occasions were in really nice restaurants in NYC. Always a chance when eating out, unfortunately. Sorry it happened to her, it's scary. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I actually know a possibility.  I work with someone with this type of fish allergy.  They ask questions.  They get specific.  And they discovered that there is a current trend for fancy chefs to add a little fish broth to dishes to ‘give it some punch’.  They feel it’s a secret ingredient and see no need to discuss this with staff.  The other thing she discovered, after an epi pen, was that a lot of bloody mary’s are made with Clamato juice.  Some Clamato juice has fish broth in it.  But it is ‘contaminated’ with fish broth and therefore is not listed as an ingredient.

I have a friend with this same allergy. It's usually not fish broth that chefs are adding to dishes, but fish sauce. Fish sauce is usually made from salted fermented anchovies. After seeing my friend eat a decent amount of Thai food and use Worcestershire sauce, I let her know that both contained anchovies. Perhaps it was the fermentation process or oils that failed to trigger her allergies, but there was absolutely something going on with her normal abnormal immune response.

My brother has a fairly serious tree nut allergy, which was once triggered by eating some barbecue. He ate something that was smoked with mesquite. He didn't realize that mesquite produces tree nuts. You don't often find the nuts for sale, but pecan is part of the mesquite family. He didn't know that and I'm not sure how many pitmasters would have known that either.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Not trying to exclude anything as possible, but I would think that a trained chef would have a pretty good handle on what foods, including soups, have the potential to include fish/fish parts, enough so certainly to ask the question before consuming same.  For this to happen, let alone twice in a relatively short time span, seems confuzzling to me.

• Love 4

I also add that I once had a reaction when eating a bowl of soup which did not contain anything included in my shellfish allergy. It turned out that soup I ate had been made in a pot previously used to boil shrimp and hadn't been properly cleaned.

While I have no use for Ms Beth, these things can happen.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Beden said:

I also add that I once had a reaction when eating a bowl of soup which did not contain anything included in my shellfish allergy. It turned out that soup I ate had been made in a pot previously used to boil shrimp and hadn't been properly cleaned.

Ah.  Wouldn't have thought of that.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Beden said:

I am lactose intolerant and am very sensitive to artificial sweeteners. They aren't always labeled clearly nor do chefs always know the ins and outs of these things. Casein is a milk derivative that can sometimes be included under the caramel coloring, caramel flavoring, or natural ingredients labels. You're unlikely to run across this in a restaurant setting, but it can be a real problem in grocery stores. I can usually tell with one bite. With artificial sweeteners, I get migraines, dizziness, and sometimes sweats. I get how Bethenny could miss those details because chefs aren't allergy specialists or immunologists and may not have known the ins and out of these issues.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I have a friend with this same allergy. It's usually not fish broth that chefs are adding to dishes, but fish sauce. Fish sauce is usually made from salted fermented anchovies. After seeing my friend eat a decent amount of Thai food and use Worcestershire sauce, I let her know that both contained anchovies. Perhaps it was the fermentation process or oils that failed to trigger her allergies, but there was absolutely something going on with her normal abnormal immune response.

My brother has a fairly serious tree nut allergy, which was once triggered by eating some barbecue. He ate something that was smoked with mesquite. He didn't realize that mesquite produces tree nuts. You don't often find the nuts for sale, but pecan is part of the mesquite family. He didn't know that and I'm not sure how many pitmasters would have known that either.

Oh god, scary. I never thought of that!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Beden said:

A friend gifted me some Trader Joe’s Sweet Red Pepper Soup. I thought great. Then I was reading the label (for sodium content) and noticed a small disclaimer at the bottom. “Made in the same vats as shellfish and may produce an allergic reaction”  I’m glad I noticed this as I thought it was vegetarian and I have severe shellfish allergies. 

Was going for a CT scan earlier this week. When scheduling the appt I reminded them of my allergy and asked about iodine being used. “No problem”. A reminder call and I asked again. “You should be fine”. I called so my friend could pick up the contrast (too ill to drive) and spoke of my concerns. “I’ll have to check with the radiology technician and we’ll call you back”. Nope. No CT scan. They don’t even do them for people with my allergy at that facility. Then I was informed it would take a week to get the right contrast for my test. If you have allergies you have to be very proactive these days. She said the first person should never have scheduled me and transferred me over to the proper hospital to have it done in (with intubation equipment and a crash cart in the radiology dept with someone who can save my life if I go into anaphylactic) a properly equipped place. 

• Love 7

I’m not allergic to anything, but I have noticed that I don’t feel good after ant Cat scan, MRI or the epidural steroid injections I get near my lower spine.  In fact the last time I had them I told the Dr. to only give me two shots instead of more he usually does.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I’m not allergic to anything, but I have noticed that I don’t feel good after ant Cat scan, MRI or the epidural steroid injections I get near my lower spine.  In fact the last time I had them I told the Dr. to only give me two shots instead of more he usually does.

You know your body the best. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

You know your body the best. 

That goes for pills too.  Cholesterol especially are a bitch with side affects.  It took about 5 to find one that agreed with me.  That goes for blood pressure pills too.  Sometimes a person doesn’t feel right and they don’t know why.  It’s all this crap we have to put in the body.  Now I speak up when any little thing bothers me.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I thought one of the follow up questions/answers on twitter was interesting.  She said hit hit so fast that she couldn’t`have used her own epi pen.  She was told that she would see an elevated heart rate so she’s looking at watches/Fitbit type items that would send both she and someone else a notice.

I’m glad that she’s considering wearing a medical alert bracelet. You know how a lot of our purses are cluttered. She needs to keep her Epi-Pen in something that is instantly identifiable, so time isn’t wasted on searching for it. 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m glad that she’s considering wearing a medical alert bracelet. You know how a lot of our purses are cluttered. She needs to keep her Epi-Pen in something that is instantly identifiable, so time isn’t wasted on searching for it. 

Her allergy appears to have ramped up to the point with the ‘bracelet’ isn’t going to help much.  I know allergy sufferers have wish for a test stick of some kind.  Other folks with kids just simply reduce where they eat and where they travel.  

• Love 4
17 hours ago, mwell345 said:

(I'm not trying to minimize what happened to her, scary indeed (although I do think she tends to be dramatic).  But I know a person with severe food allergies - she always, always, always, asks rather than take a chance and end up in the ER),

Yep. I ask. And ask. And ask again. The embarrassment I get as I cause a stink is lesser than the fear of going through anaphylactic shock again.

16 hours ago, Otherkate said:

I've been served a meal with the food I'm allergic to in it even after talking about it 3 separate times with the server. This has happened at least twice. One time they brought the food to me with nuts very clearly sprinkled all over it (nut allergy) and our whole party walked out. The second time, I ate the food and neither the server (nor the chef apparently, bc the server showed my friend the note she wrote on the order) knew that there was pecans in the sauce on my food. I went to the ER and the restaurant paid for my medical care out of fear that I would sue. Both occasions were in really nice restaurants in NYC. Always a chance when eating out, unfortunately. Sorry it happened to her, it's scary. 

How frightening and frustrating. I’m sorry this happened but I can relate all too well.

I’ve been dealing with this stupid tree nut allergy for more than 40 years—and I can’t tell if awareness has improved or not. On one hand, I do get fewer comments about just picking or scraping the nuts off; on the other, it seems like these days nuts pop up in more and more unexpected places. 

I don’t blame Bethenny for getting dramatic about this, but her shaming of Casper mattresses because they didn’t immediately kowtow to her “request” to refurbish the hospital with mattresses really, really gets me.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Her allergy appears to have ramped up to the point with the ‘bracelet’ isn’t going to help much.

The bracelet is more for the medical responders. I have severe penicillin allergy. When I was a kid, I wore a medical alert necklace so if I was in an accident, the medical personnel would know to NOT give me penicillin based drugs. For little kids, I can see doing this for a food allergy, but I don't know how it would help someone of Betheny's age. I mean, they don't administer fish in the ER. 

I do think people want to remember that some chefs etc also have streaks of "asshole" in their personality and don't like guests who whine and moan about special dietary needs and act accordingly. There's too many stories of chefs bragging how they serve food using meat products to vegans because "they really can't tell the difference hahahah" for me to believe all chefs gravely nod and are fully transparent and attentive to every guest's allergy needs.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

The bracelet is more for the medical responders. I have severe penicillin allergy. When I was a kid, I wore a medical alert necklace so if I was in an accident, the medical personnel would know to NOT give me penicillin based drugs. For little kids, I can see doing this for a food allergy, but I don't know how it would help someone of Betheny's age. I mean, they don't administer fish in the ER. 

I do think people want to remember that some chefs etc also have streaks of "asshole" in their personality and don't like guests who whine and moan about special dietary needs and act accordingly. There's too many stories of chefs bragging how they serve food using meat products to vegans because "they really can't tell the difference hahahah" for me to believe all chefs gravely nod and are fully transparent and attentive to every guest's allergy needs.

It might help first responders or ER personnel diagnose her condition and/or the cause, should she be discovered unconscious or unable to communicate because of the severity of the reaction.

• Love 14

I'm allergic to red wine. I don't swell up I vomit for a couple days. Which completely stinks! I cannot tell you how many times I have ordered a salad with Italian dressing only to realize once I've eaten some that it is red wine vinaigrette. I have had to change to always ordering my dressing on the side. I hate being "that person".

• Love 3
4 hours ago, badhaggis said:

I'm allergic toA red wine. I don't swell up I vomit for a couple days. Which completely stinks! I cannot tell you how many times I have ordered a salad with Italian dressing only to realize once I've eaten some that it is red wine vinaigrette. I have had to change to always ordering my dressing on the side. I hate being "that person".

Aw, so sorry! I'll be happy to have a glass for you tonight!

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I mean, they don't administer fish in the ER.

But they do use iodine which is sometimes connected to the fish allergy.

I've also got the same allergy as Beth and I've been triggered so many times I now take benadryl before eating almost anything not made at my house. For instance, I order vegitarian sushi, but the chef uses the same knife to cut mine as the person who ordered normal sushi... triggered, same for sandwich places, loads of sandwich shops serve tuna and don't wash the knife, they just wipe it off. Same for griddles and grills. Also I understand allergic reactions get worse each time they're triggered so it's possible that before B could eat a soup that shared a ladle with a soup that had fish in it and now she can't. There are a billion ways cross contamination can happen and even if you're very particular and ask a ton of questions it can still happen. 

• Love 17

My Son came home 2 in the morning the other night from his girlfriends house.  Unknowingly, she put up a real Christmas tree.  His throat started to close up and his lips and eyes swelled up.  He completely forgot when he was little, he got the same reaction from picking up a pine cone when we were visiting in the country.  Allergic to pine.  Scary.

• Love 7