Type keyword(s) to search

S46 Ep. 8 "Hide 'N Seek"

• Start Topic

After a big blindside, multiple castaways claim credit for the elimination, stirring the pot among their fellow tribemates.

Post-show discussion thread

Well that sucked.  I’ll miss Tevin.

Q could have just bounced his own ass out rather than be so goddamned dramatic.  

Next to go are Liz and Venus?  Yes?  PLEASE?

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Well that was certainly something I didn't have on my bingo card for tonight.  I don't even know where to begin.  And after all that, it was still a Tevin blindside, and a landslide vote.

When Q automatically threw in the towel at TC, I couldn't tell at first if this was some plan of his to test his alliance or if he wasn't getting his own way anymore so he wanted out.  He deserved to get knocked down a few pegs and now I want to see how he digs himself out of this hole, if he even bothers to.  I enjoyed how he knew right away he F'ed up by telling Hunter the plan was to vote Tevin out and acting like there was nothing they could do about it.  Guess he forgot some people out there can play the game and think for themselves.   

Maria keeps sliding for me.  Why is having trust with Q so important when he turns on his #1 ally and reveals she has an idol?  Just because she had her own ideas about the vote?  I liked that Charlie had hesitations about the 6-alliance.  He's a little more savvy than I thought.

The hide 'n seek game was fun, but it was stupid that Q was using it as a test to check someone's threat level based on how well they hid.  As I mentioned in the live chat thread, I lived and breathed that game growing up, but I guess we played it the old-fashioned way where the point was not to be found, and to be able to run to home based without getting caught.

I liked that everyone besides Q and Liz held their ground during the IC and wasn't going to risk their vote or sit out the challenge.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

It's going to be a rather long 5 weeks at least before I see some people in Fiji answering for their gameplay.  Unless you actually are the one that gets all of the cash for winning

• Like 2

Well, Liz finally has a feather in her cap, as Tevin's vote-off was her idea.

And Venus outlasted Tevin and Soda.  I'm happy for her, and for myself.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

A moment here to savor the best vote out of the season. I was so happy when mid episode the vote was swinging towards Tevin. His constant hamming it up for the camera and obsession with Venus was already geriatric by the end of the season premier. Please cast no more actual actors. They can't help but truly believe all the world is a stage.

In other news: Hunter's win and the upside-down showboating means nothing when its likely has a pole rigged up in his back yard and has spent hours on it. When he's not winning everything does he do anything else but sit around the camp and scowl at the antics of his fellow castaway? It doesn't seem like he's having any true fun out there.

When the footage says Tiffany is going tonight at the half-hour mark the only thing you can be sure of is that Tiffany was not going.

Q...I don't see how he survives that stunt long term attempting to blow up his own came and taking so many others game with his. The most telling moment tonight was the close up of him before tribal where he was stunned he was not controlling the vote. Its the first time he's had being the shot caller taken away from him and I think that more than anything sparked the bizarre business at tribal.

Using a game of hide and seek to divine someone's gameplay sounds like something an old time snake oil salesman would come up with. Seriously?! Total red herring by production in the previews from last week trying to make us think Hunter outdid the spy shack.

Delusion...thy name is Liz. Suddenly she thinks she is the mastermind? She has everything but GOAT stamped on her forehead.

Lastly, I want to call out the editors...there is something of a cruelty the way they are going out of their way to try and make Venus look foolish and/or outright stupid. I don't think she's either....I just think she is a very naive young woman.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

What the fuck did I just watch?

Q is such an arrogant douche and he needs to go, he went off his lid at Tribal, and they still went with Tevin?

Of course now Q is going to say oh, it was a loyalty test. Just like it was I think him last week who was like oh I threw the challenge.

"Hide and seek proved these people are trying to take control of my game, if you can hide form me blah blah blah" no Q it means you suck at a game designed for CHILDREN.

He is so full of crap and he needs to go.

The banter during challenge is a really unique part of this season and I do love them interacting with Jeff. Tevin whistling, of course he'd be a peacock! "Jeff, how long do you think you'd last up here?" "Longer than 20 seconds." It reminded me a bit of Christian in DvG talking his ear off.

Very glad Tiff didn't waste her idol as I love her.

Those voting confessionals were some of the funniest and they just kept coming. My mom and I loved that.

• Like 15
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Q is bossy, and I don't  get/ like him. I think  he was still pissed at not having the rice. The people  that dropped,  may as well have stepped  out and had something  to eat( the rice)

I enjoyed  Tevin, he made me smile. Venus should get out of her own way, if she makes it to the end, she'd  have 0 votes. I think she's  rude.
My Hunter is still in this! 

• Like 15
26 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Delusion...thy name is Liz. Suddenly she thinks she is the mastermind? She has everything but GOAT stamped on her forehead.

Lastly, I want to call out the editors...there is something of a cruelty the way they are going out of their way to try and make Venus look foolish and/or outright stupid. I don't think she's either....I just think she is a very naive young woman.

I think everyone this season is pretty much delusional about their gaming abilities, to a point (Hunter and Ben seem like the only level-headed ones left).  But Liz's attitude came out of nowhere tonight.  Suddenly she was the true mastermind of Soda's blindside because she tried getting her out before.  That was then, this was now, and if I had to credit someone with that blindside, it would be Tevin.  Orchestrating a successful blindside usually means your target leaves that night, not that they leave 2 weeks later.  It's interesting how she realized she needed to start playing a more visible game.  I got the impression she thought that's what she was doing until Tevin and Venus tried to take credit for Soda's blindside.  

As for Venus, I also feel sorry for her.  I actually don't think she's completely terrible at the game.  She did peg that Tevin and Charlie are threats.  She wasn't afraid to go over to the 5 sitting on the beach tonight and try to break them up.  Everyone seems to treat her like she doesn't know what she's doing and that it's cute she's trying to play the game of Survivor, but frankly, I think tonight proved everyone is a little bit clueless.  I'd really love to know what everyone's deal is with her because it seems personal.    

• Like 15
38 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Maybe she's not a mastermind, but she does have a move to put on her resume.  Even though Venus has wanted this to happen, it was Liz who had the idea to pull the trigger on Tevin.  So she can take credit for this, at least.

• Like 7

Q is the worst (oh, except for Bhanu).  I can't believe they didn't either vote him out, or just challenge him to quit.  If you thought he was your ally, how can you can work with him now?

I guess you could justify keeping him, though, because he just made himself the ultimate goat.  There's no way he can talk himself out of that performance when it comes up at final 3 (or 2), right?

I'm rooting for the Charlie/Maria under the radar alliance.  They seem reasonable and likable.  They should pull in Hunter and Ben, and try to vote out (or at least rein in) the loose cannons who change their mind every 5 minutes.

• Like 18
1 hour ago, North of Eden said:

In other news: Hunter's win and the upside-down showboating means nothing when its likely has a pole rigged up in his back yard and has spent hours on it. When he's not winning everything does he do anything else but sit around the camp and scowl at the antics of his fellow castaway? It doesn't seem like he's having any true fun out there.

Well - he also blew up the entire plan tonight!  Which led to Q's showboating at TC 😄

31 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

As for Venus, I also feel sorry for her.  I actually don't think she's completely terrible at the game.  She did peg that Tevin and Charlie are threats.  She wasn't afraid to go over to the 5 sitting on the beach tonight and try to break them up.  

As for Venus - she has good instincts for the competition, but is a complete fail at the social part of the game.

• Like 6
Just now, princelina said:

Well - he also blew up the entire plan tonight!

Not really.  Tevin still went to jury duty.  If he'd blown it up, then he would've saved him.

• Like 2

Even though I'm grateful that Tevin is gone, I agree with others saying that Q needs to go. I really couldn't stand him this episode. From his hide and seek game to gauge other player's gameplay to his constant bossy attitude and then him telling everyone to vote him off. They all should have, but I can see why they didn't. What a way to not win this game if he gets to the end. 

Another episode Venus survives another tribal council. Keep surviving. I don't care what others say, I like her.

• Like 13

I liked Q early on — I really did, especially when he was trying to help Bhanu play better.  But I feel like the longer this time has gone on for him, he’s becoming kind of unhinged due to hunger (big guy, not used to starvation) and the social, more delicate manipulations required to stay in this game.  I’m not condoning his “I’m a mob boss” / my way or the highway talk.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

No disagreement here whatsoever.

Nothing wrong with Venus being naive; naive and insufferable, though?  Lousy combination, that.

• Like 19
  • LOL 2

I still don't understand what happened.

Did Q said he was going to be voted out because he wanted to go out? Or was this a plan that us mere mortals couldn't conceptualize? All I know is that we had a lot of whispering, followed by most of the players agreeing this was the dumbest Tribal Council ever. Also, Tevin got voted off . . . which is good, because I can't imagine him being a silent juror for the rest of the game.

I'm still easily impressed by Hunter. I can't help it. He's probably trained hard enough to make your average American Ninja Warrior mainstay blush in envy. He "won" Q's stupid game by hiding out in the trees. Once again, I'm disappointed that he wasn't setting up his own Spy Shack to put Tony's efforts to shame. And he showed that he was relatable to the viewing audience by engaging in an epic facepalm. Is his social game average? With this tribe, that might be enough to get the win. By the time Q realizes he needs to stop playing eight-dimension chess or whatever, Hunter will be walking away with the million bucks.

Does Yanu stand out as perhaps the most effed-up starting tribe in the show's history? Jelinsky barely tries to play the game, staying long enough to turn "several" into "seven." Bhanu has a jillion breakdowns in four episodes, to the point where he would have put out fires with his tears if the tribe had flint. Now we got Q trying to run the show, shouting at us in interviews, convinced that his shit doesn't stink. Maybe it was just the Yanu males that were crazy. The casting people need to spread the insanity around, as opposed to clumping it all with one tribe.

Anyone else kinda/sorta hoping Venus winds up winning? I don't get the "Rachel from The Real World" vibe someone brought up last week, but she does seem high maintenance. Maybe I'm getting Stockholm Syndrome, trying to project which goat would make it to the end and win, bleating and eating grass the entire time.

*sigh* At least Probst is having a good time. In the end, that is what really seems to count.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

What a freakshow.

I had to laugh at both Venus and Q playing Hide and Seek Psychology. Who knew they were such birds of a feather?

I absolutely believe that Q, self-appointed All-Powerful Mafia Dictator Lord Supreme was so frustrated by not having his every whim obeyed that he was ready to take his whiffle balls and go home. He had previously said that the only game he was interested in playing was one where he is in charge.  Of course, he will now spin it as a mastermind scheme intended to root out the traitors and throw Tevin off balance. If only Q had a tenth of the brain power he thinks he has.

I have been rolling my eyes at Ben's rock and roll references all season, but his line of "This does not rock" was perfectly placed and had me laughing my ass off. No, Ben, it did not.

Hunter did himself no favors with the showboating. Whyyy, dude? I generally like him, but his cluelessness this episode was really surprising. I also don't know why there weren't more volunteers to sit out for rice. Look at the pole, look at your giant feet. Do you really think you have a chance, most of you?

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

(Hunter and Ben seem like the only level-headed ones left). 

I would add Charlie and Maria to that list. Also Tiff. 

One thing this season is not lacking, is a whole lot of ego.  I honestly don't know how they find room on the beach for all those inflated heads.

• Like 15
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Of course, he will now spin it as a mastermind scheme intended to root out the traitors and throw Tevin off balance. If only Q had a tenth of the brain power he thinks he has.

I also don't know why there weren't more volunteers to sit out for rice. Look at the pole, look at your giant feet. Do you really think you have a chance, most of you?

I'm trying to figure out how the powerful mob boss will spin it to Tiffany that he not only was plotting to take her out, but also told them that she had an immunity idol.  I feel like it's 50/50 that he'll either try to make it not sound so bad or flat-out say that Tiffany wasn't doing what he told her to do and was trying to get Maria out, so she had to go for turning on the 6 (an alliance I could argue she was forced into by Q).  

I thought it was very telling that more people didn't sit out for rice.  Venus made sense not to, and I could argue that Hunter likes the competition so he'd want to compete.  Ben might have felt vulnerable.  And I know Charlie was kind of shaky about 6 alliance and his place in the game.  But between Kenzie, Maria, Tiffany, and Tevin, I'm surprised two more didn't bother to sit out.  So were those 4 just wanting to compete or afraid sitting out would make them look overconfident or did they not trust the people they were aligned with?

• Like 7

This season proves to me that, much like the rest of American film and TV, the on-screen talent should be pulled from the U.K. and Australia.

Fuck...this cast suuuuuuucks.  Well, tbf, I guess I don't hate a few of them, but man, the bad ones are so fugging bad. Bhanu vs. Q in the cage match of Survivor Suck.  We'd all lose having to watch that.

I can't even bother to gather my thoughts beyond that.  It's not worth the effort for this shit show.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Leaving aside the big stuff for now I just want to say Charlie is stupid.  He ran off and told Tiffany that he and Maria know about Tiff's idol?!?! 

Doesn't he know that now Tiffany will want to get him and especially his ride or die (Maria) out as soon as possible to protect herself and her secret?

• Like 1

In a confessional Q stated that he was going to change the way Survivor is played.  No, Q, we have always had hissy fits, over-inflated egos, and quitters (well, maybe quitting just started with Osten, but it's still been around for quite a while).  I guess his willingness to sit out for rice was for the betterment of the tribe, NOT because he knew he would be out in less than 20 seconds.  I would never use him as my realtor as he would know more about the house I would want than I would know...

I think Q's dramatics at tribal were to throw the vote into a disarry and allow him to take control again.  However, what happened was not the chaos that he intended but rather demonstrated that he really wasn't in charge and that the others were playing their own games and not his game.  I also think he will try to spin this to show how 'great' he is at this game and that everyone should do as he wants.  But it will be too little too late.  As all of these egos battle for dominance I think we are going to start seeing who the real power/strategist in the game is.

I did enjoy some of the lighter moments of the episode.  I liked the hide and seek game as they all seemed to have fun (but, of course, Q had to self-congratulate about gaining insights from it).  

I think the rice bribe failed due to many reasons-lack of trust, wanting to participate, feeling in danger of being voted out etc.  But, I also think that they get so many rewards that nobody is really starving (if they have challenges every 2 days and most of the challenges have a reward attached, then most of the survivors have a good chance of eating on a semi-consistent schedule).

• Like 6

That tribal council felt like a fever dream.

I can't muster any sympathy for Liz and her allergies to tropical foods. Don't go to the North Pole if you're allergic to snow.

• Like 15
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2

That TC was bonkers. I cracked up at everyone shaking their heads and looking confused as they voted. But despite Q quitting and all the chaos no one voted for him?  Clearly these folks don’t ascribe to the “anyone but me” theory.

I don’t get why sometimes Probst boots a quitter on the spot without a vote and sometimes like this they have to go through the motions.  How did the producers know Q would survive the vote?

I seriously think Q has a personality disorder. He flips moods at the drop of a hat. 

• Like 5

Q is the  star of his own show about a brilliant, self-sacrificing hero.  Unfortunately he doesn't have a good script or logical plot, so he has to make his noble speeches at random. I'm glad the rest didn't play along with his improvisation and went on with their own plans. 

I just think Hunter was right and it made more sense to vote out Tiff who had turned against one of the six, rather than Tevin who was loyal. Oh well.  I expect the Six is over now anyway.

I didn't think Hunter was show boating at the challenge so much as resting his arms which must have been in pain.  I also don't think that was a challenge that could have been practiced at home to any great advantage.  It's mainly a matter of pain endurance and a little bit about foot size and muscle strength.  Venus did very well and I'm sure she didn't practice at home. She wouldn't have thought she needed to.

I gave Venus the benefit of the doubt for a long time, but ever since she lectured Maria about how to play the game, I've been seeing that smug sense of superiority everywhere and it really is obnoxious.

Hunter's beard! He could hurt somebody with that stuff!

• Like 11

Last night's episode could have been renamed "The Q Show" , and I did not enjoy it at all.  The entire episode revolved around Q, and he had more talking head time than all the other cast members combined.  It was revolting how he rambled on and on about how he was in control, and anybody who didn't play by "his rules" would be the next voted off.  In his mind, Tiff had to go because she was considering voting off a fellow-alliance member, Maria.  But it was OK for him to then turn the tables and vote Tiff out of the same alliance!  He's definitely a "my way or the highway" type of guy.

I'm also not a fan of Venus.  She's another delusional one, with a side of mean girl vibe!

Sorry to see Tevin go.  He seemed like he had a solid grasp of the game, whether you liked his camera mugging or not.  It took real self-control for him to sit and listen to Venus prattle on endlessly about how she masterminded the Soda vote, and keep his mouth shut the entire time.  

If only Tiff knew how much Q was gunning for her the entire day.  She needs to break those ties and run, not walk, away!

• Like 14

That episode put me through a whole gamut of emotions.

I can't believe Venus is STILL there and despite his unhinged quitting performance, not a single vote was cast for Q.  I'm LIVID if I'm Tevin. 

The fallout next week should be epic. 

Oh yeah.  Shut up, Liz.  And go take a dump.

• Like 4
  • LOL 7

I find myself at least mildly entertained by the hoodie skirt inventor, kids game psychology analyzer, challenge sitter outter, tribal council bomb dropper, and overall mouth runner offer for the season.  When you think you've heard the last of him for the episode, there he is, right on Q.

• Like 8
  • LOL 10
1 minute ago, cowgirlwen said:

It was revolting how he rambled on and on about how he was in control, and anybody who didn't play by "his rules" would be the next voted off.  In his mind, Tiff had to go because she was considering voting off a fellow-alliance member, Maria.  But it was OK for him to then turn the tables and vote Tiff out of the same alliance! 

See, I actually followed his line of thinking with this and I was kind of in agreement.  That's why Tim's ass got the boot last week.  In my mind,  if you're willing to sacrifice a member of our "solid" alliance, then what's to stop you from going after me next?   But then the problem becomes replacing that booted member.  Charlie might be an ok solution on the surface but is he really going to be loyal to an alliance when he was only added as a replacement?   Charlie was right in his observations about how infrequently majority alliances manage to not self-destruct. 

But you're spot-on about Q's delusions of controlling the game.  His antics have certainly made things interesting.

• Like 7

Honestly, this might be the most fun I've had watching Survivor. Typically, all of these bad players would annoy me but there's something about this group that I find hilarious rather than frustrating. Bhanu was frustrating, but Q and Venus are just...funny bad. 

Somehow, Venus has become a slightly better contender to the end than Q. And that's saying a lot, given how everyone has stated how much they don't like playing with Venus. Q has managed to put himself in a solid "can never win" situation with his antics. At the very least, he's joined that placement with Venus.

It's interesting to watch Q talk about how in control he is, how this is his game, how everyone should be playing his game. It does give me the impression that he's playing up a character. But the way he reacted at Tribal also gives me pause. Asking everyone to vote him out because he wants everyone to have a fresh start in the game not only makes it clear that Q wants to take back control, he believes the game revolves completely around him. By taking himself out and saying that the game will start fresh, it implies that him leaving resets the game. 

It's just fascinating to watch. We haven't seen characters like Q or Venus in a long time, especially not in the New Era. Their cockiness, arrogance and way of playing is just....refreshing. It's bad, it can be frustrating, but it's also hilarious, knowing they don't have a shot to win.

And funny how Liz has emerged as a potential contender. The Tevin vote was fully on her, I give her credit for that. By sticking to her vote, it probably solidified the very shaky vote with Q's distraction at Tribal, but even before that with people unsure of who to vote. I do think that someone being adamant on sticking to a vote helps to direct other people to do the same. So good on Liz, she's went from also being a no chancer to having a slim chance to win.

Fun stuff this episode, for sure. The Hide and Seek segment was hilarious, given's Q's "BIG MISTAKE" stuff with people either finding other players like him or hiding too well. 

• Like 17
  • Love 1
(edited)

First, Venus is delusional and way way too over confident. She annoys. But then Tevin was claiming credit as well as Liz and they were each bent about not getting the credit. Good golly, folks. Just play the game.

Hide and seek telling Q what he needs to know about the others. Yeah, whatevs. Again, just play Survivor, please, and stop trying to be the next Boston Rob or Pavarti. Aint none of you even close.

So, they wouldn't step up for rice. Not surprised in these 'all about me' times. Venus said she might win...NOT. And, Tevin was going to outlast Ozzy...ok, sure.

Flippy floppy, with who is going home. Q and his rule about not saying a name of the 6 or then you go home is so dumb. He sends home a member of the 6 but others can't suggest one of the 6...like, dude...what???? Then telling Hunter the plan about Tevin. Liz telling Q about Tevin in the first place meant she clearly isn't reading the room to know Q is all about control.

Then, TC....what, Q?? What? Just quit and go then. Or was this another test/tactic? I think so. And it worked out, I guess. What a crapfest that TC was. Yeah, no Survivor greats here!!!!!

Not sad to see Tevin go. I also would like to see Q and Venus go. They bring too much chaos. Seems like they had way too many chaos/nutty players this season (Q, Venus, Bahnu, the ADHD girl- Jess was it?). Not a fan of the Phillips and Debbies so this season isn't my fave.

Edited by Lamima
  • Like 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

But Liz's attitude came out of nowhere tonight.  Suddenly she was the true mastermind of Soda's blindside because she tried getting her out before.

And that's the thing though, based on editing, she didn't even try. Again, only going by the editing, it appeared that Liz was sort of on the fringe in her tribe, with Venus the clear target. 

Then Tevin, despite being close to Soda, recognized the potential of her being a strong social threat and brought up the idea of blindsiding her to Hunter and Liz. That is when Liz made clear then that she'd been thinking for awhile that Soda could be threat. 

So essentially it came across as Liz wanted credit for merely having the thought that Soda could be a potential threat who needed to go, despite Tevin being the one to stick his neck out to Maria and Charlie and get them on board for the vote. 

What's also comical about Liz is that she's the one who came into the game thinking it was a great move to tell people how much she didn't need the money, didn't care about it and was just here for an adventure.

But then she gets all in her feels at the idea of not being seen as a mastermnind or any serious strategist. Well yeah, because that's the game you decided to play at the start with those dumbass comments. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 15

It is my hope that the members of the plus-one alliance fumble and stumble so that they are eliminated one by one by one. Yes, technically Soda interrupted that streak, but now we have Tim and Tevin getting the boot.

Q has for the second time asked to be a target for a boot IIRC (I think back when it was all Yanu and he couldn't bring home a challenge win, he got frustrated and started some quitting talk). I would think that people would agree that they can't play with him and his mob boss strategy doesn't seem like it would work well when people have no reason to fear or trust him. I suppose they could see him as a goat because who's going to give his condescending bipolar ass $1 million after this tribal?

Hunter doesn't seem to have much of a social game and he is an obvious challenge beast. I would think people would try to boot him at the earliest opportunity. But he's got an idol, so it's going to take two tries.

I like Tiffany and Maria, and they weren't all into the plus one alliance...but I'd be amused if what presumably would be a first a majority alliance self-destructed from the onset for no good reason at all. 

• Like 5

I'm surprised no one at council brought up the possibility that Q wanted to direct all their votes towards him in order to pull out an idol to nullify their votes and choose who was going home himself.  Something similar was done on Australian Survivor this year.

• Like 1
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

So essentially it came across as Liz wanted credit for merely having the thought that Soda could be a potential threat who needed to go, despite Tevin being the one to stick his neck out to Maria and Charlie and get them on board for the vote. 

Yes.  It's come to this, "I thought about her first!"  I've never quite understood the amount of credit given to, "I masterminded the vote for person X," as a great bragging point at Final Tribal.  Someone is voted out every week, many names are suggested, after the suggestion many people have to agree, and when it's time to vote, idols and last minute changes come into play.  The only time I really admire it is the rare occasions when someone who has a cult like hold on others (Boston Rob) is voted out, because a brave person talked enough people into it.  

Neither Venus, Liz, nor Tevin should get special credit for getting Soda out. They had limited choices and so it happened.

1 hour ago, Lamima said:

Not a fan of the Phillips and Debbies so this season isn't my fave.

I love those people. Coach is one of my all-time  favorite players, so I'm enjoying Q very much although I sure don't think he should win. 

I think it's too bad we don't have family visits anymore because I really want to see Q's wife.  I'll bet everything at home has to be exactly his way and he comes home with new plans daily.

I  imagine if they all go to the movies, it has to be Q's pick, but if the movie turns out to be boring he comes home and tell his wife he's calling the divorce lawyer and releasing her from all commitments.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

I don't mind watching people make stupid decisions or dumb moves, but it's hard for me to watch a group with so many arrogant idiots. It's especially annoying when the ones who are kicked off act like it was such an amazing move to oust them like somehow the group finally got rid of the mastermind. Stop clapping and praising the group for getting rid of you, you're only clapping for your own ego.  

Even the players that are less grating aren't exactly favorites of mine; They just look good in comparison to someone like Liz. There's the one blonde guy who's obviously a challenge beast, but has zero social skills and the 80s rocker guy who seems nice enough. I guess I'm rooting for the older woman with kids (I'm not good with names - the only player I know is the letter Q... and Liz😞)  since she seems the least noxious. Oh I do know the name Charlie since that's my dog's name and he's clearly getting the winner's edit, but he's simply not my cup of tea. What can I say, I'm not a Swiftie

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Q is the  star of his own show about a brilliant, self-sacrificing hero. 

Unfortunately, Q is also the star of this show. I feel like I'm watching The Q Show every week, and I'm sick to death of it. I can't decide if he's getting this much screen time because the producers love what a "character" he is . . . or if he is going to win. And yes, I still think that's a possibility, even after this week. If he's in the final three with, say, Venus and Liz? He has a real shot at winning.

I get that some people might find Q amusing, which is undoubtably why we're seeing so much of him. But I am not amused. I find him insufferable and the incessant focus on him is ruining the season for me. 

• Like 16
  • Love 2

This is the most egotistical group of players we've ever seen. I say that every season, but it might be true this time. At the very least, this is the largest number of players who refer to themselves in the third person. Jelinsky, Bhanu, Jem, Liz.

I understand the impulse for a big target player like Hunter to hold on to his immunity idol, but he made a mistake not playing it for Tevin because now he's a big target player with no reliable allies. The Plus One alliance is done, and the Nami alliance never really existed. He doesn't seem that flexible or adept socially, so he's going to have to beast it to the end now if he wants to get there.

Also I'm sorry to see Tevin go because he was at least entertaining. Tiffany is competent but boring, so I'd rather she had gone, and if not her, then Venus, who isn't boring but I think the editors have wrung all the humor they can out of her delusions of being the G.O.A.T. and now we're only left with how obnoxious she is. I do agree that the editors seem to hate her, but so does everyone else, and the only common factor there seems to be her and her personality.

I think I'm rooting for Charlie now. He seems smart and has a sly sense of humor. Hanging on the pole only one foot off the ground and then, "how about some rice, Jeff?"

• Like 12
  • LOL 2

Charlie is showing more social skills than he claimed to have when he was doing a song title showdown with Ben.  Interesting.  

Also, ever since Venus told Hunter that she wasn’t targeting him because she wants to keep him around as a meat shield, he low key protects her.  Whenever her name comes up, he tries to make an argument for someone else.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

I don’t get why sometimes Probst boots a quitter on the spot without a vote and sometimes like this they have to go through the motions.  How did the producers know Q would survive the vote?

Yeah, I thought he would have asked everyone whether they agreed right there on the spot to let Q be voted out, and then he would have been gone.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Unfortunately, Q is also the star of this show. I feel like I'm watching The Q Show every week, and I'm sick to death of it. I can't decide if he's getting this much screen time because the producers love what a "character" he is . . . or if he is going to win. And yes, I still think that's a possibility, even after this week. If he's in the final three with, say, Venus and Liz? He has a real shot at winning.

I get that some people might find Q amusing, which is undoubtably why we're seeing so much of him. But I am not amused. I find him insufferable and the incessant focus on him is ruining the season for me. 

But Q was, art least superficially, nice to Bahnu, so the Jeffy Minions are giving him tons of airtime since Q is the hero who tried to help Jeffy's favorite wierd-ass squirrel-chasing puppy of this season.

If it comes down to Q, Liz, and Venus, that is when I quit. Even Gabler was better than any of them (and that season was crappy editing, because they showed the audience a nutcase, but the other players seemed to sincerely love the dude).

• Like 3
16 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Well that was certainly something I didn't have on my bingo card for tonight.  I don't even know where to begin.  And after all that, it was still a Tevin blindside, and a landslide vote.

When Q automatically threw in the towel at TC, I couldn't tell at first if this was some plan of his to test his alliance or if he wasn't getting his own way anymore so he wanted out.  He deserved to get knocked down a few pegs and now I want to see how he digs himself out of this hole, if he even bothers to.  I enjoyed how he knew right away he F'ed up by telling Hunter the plan was to vote Tevin out and acting like there was nothing they could do about it.  Guess he forgot some people out there can play the game and think for themselves.   

Maria keeps sliding for me.  Why is having trust with Q so important when he turns on his #1 ally and reveals she has an idol?  Just because she had her own ideas about the vote?  I liked that Charlie had hesitations about the 6-alliance.  He's a little more savvy than I thought.

The hide 'n seek game was fun, but it was stupid that Q was using it as a test to check someone's threat level based on how well they hid.  As I mentioned in the live chat thread, I lived and breathed that game growing up, but I guess we played it the old-fashioned way where the point was not to be found, and to be able to run to home based without getting caught.

I liked that everyone besides Q and Liz held their ground during the IC and wasn't going to risk their vote or sit out the challenge.  

I'm still trying to figure out if Q wanted out or some sort of plan to try to change the vote off of Tevin and on someone else. I felt that with all his dramatic talk and all the chaos he caused during and before the TC they should have gotten rid of him. When he was so controlling regarding the Tevin vs. Tiff vote, I wonder why the other castaways didn't  just turn on Q and vote him out in the first place. Why would they want to deal with someone like that who is so controlling in the game. They didn't like that with Bruce last season and Q is a lot worse. 

15 hours ago, Valerie said:

What the fuck did I just watch?

Q is such an arrogant douche and he needs to go, he went off his lid at Tribal, and they still went with Tevin?

Of course now Q is going to say oh, it was a loyalty test. Just like it was I think him last week who was like oh I threw the challenge.

"Hide and seek proved these people are trying to take control of my game, if you can hide form me blah blah blah" no Q it means you suck at a game designed for CHILDREN.

He is so full of crap and he needs to go.

The banter during challenge is a really unique part of this season and I do love them interacting with Jeff. Tevin whistling, of course he'd be a peacock! "Jeff, how long do you think you'd last up here?" "Longer than 20 seconds." It reminded me a bit of Christian in DvG talking his ear off.

Very glad Tiff didn't waste her idol as I love her.

Those voting confessionals were some of the funniest and they just kept coming. My mom and I loved that.

There were definitely some funny moments in this episode.

15 hours ago, paul4295 said:

Q is the worst (oh, except for Bhanu).  I can't believe they didn't either vote him out, or just challenge him to quit.  If you thought he was your ally, how can you can work with him now?

I guess you could justify keeping him, though, because he just made himself the ultimate goat.  There's no way he can talk himself out of that performance when it comes up at final 3 (or 2), right?

I'm rooting for the Charlie/Maria under the radar alliance.  They seem reasonable and likable.  They should pull in Hunter and Ben, and try to vote out (or at least rein in) the loose cannons who change their mind every 5 minutes.

That's probably why they kept Q. I do like Charlie/Maria and Hunter.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

That TC was bonkers. I cracked up at everyone shaking their heads and looking confused as they voted. But despite Q quitting and all the chaos no one voted for him?  Clearly these folks don’t ascribe to the “anyone but me” theory.

I seriously think Q has a personality disorder. He flips moods at the drop of a hat. 

I was wondering too why Jeff didn't call out Q on this too.

4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

And that's the thing though, based on editing, she didn't even try. Again, only going by the editing, it appeared that Liz was sort of on the fringe in her tribe, with Venus the clear target. 

Then Tevin, despite being close to Soda, recognized the potential of her being a strong social threat and brought up the idea of blindsiding her to Hunter and Liz. That is when Liz made clear then that she'd been thinking for awhile that Soda could be threat. 

What's also comical about Liz is that she's the one who came into the game thinking it was a great move to tell people how much she didn't need the money, didn't care about it and was just here for an adventure.

But then she gets all in her feels at the idea of not being seen as a mastermnind or any serious strategist. Well yeah, because that's the game you decided to play at the start with those dumbass comments. 

I thought it was a dumb move for Liz anyhow to talk about how she wants to be seen as a mastermind and kind of bring that idea up to a few of them. Why not just save it for later when she can explain later what she did, if she even did anything. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, realitytvfan1017 said:

I'm still trying to figure out if Q wanted out or some sort of plan to try to change the vote off of Tevin and on someone else. I felt that with all his dramatic talk and all the chaos he caused during and before the TC they should have gotten rid of him. When he was so controlling regarding the Tevin vs. Tiff vote, I wonder why the other castaways didn't  just turn on Q and vote him out in the first place. Why would they want to deal with someone like that who is so controlling in the game. They didn't like that with Bruce last season and Q is a lot worse.

Q had pulled the “I’m done” card at Yanu and claimed it was a cover so people wouldn’t be on to him.  If next week he really leads off with this was his plan, he had no intention of quitting and it was either a plan to test his alliance or try to save Tevin, I’m going to wish even more they just got rid of him.  He seemed really rattled when Hunter got up and tried turning the vote back off Tevin, which seemed like the first time he realized he wasn’t in control.  So was this all an act at TC?  Maybe he didn’t want to seem like such a big threat (which I think he only sees himself as at the moment).  But how could he seriously not think this will backfire on him?  And now Tiffany and Kenzie know that he told everyone she has an idol and was plotting to get rid of her.  The 6 alliance is done.  Everyone seemed genuinely annoyed with his antics last night.  Does he really think he can recover?  

• Like 6
2 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Yeah, I thought he would have asked everyone whether they agreed right there on the spot to let Q be voted out, and then he would have been gone.

Peachy will do this only if two conditions are met:

1. A player at TC is proclaiming “Vote me off, please.”
  2. There is unanimous agreement among the other players at TC to do so.

Q definitely met #1 at this TC to be sure; Tiff’s and Kenzie’s (amongst others) protestations against doing so trashed #2 completely, though, so no way was Jiffy Pop going to call this TC as not requiring a stand-up vote - and his decision was borne out by the vote’s result.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
3 hours ago, realitytvfan1017 said:

I'm still trying to figure out if Q wanted out or some sort of plan to try to change the vote off of Tevin and on someone else.

Given his previous request to be voted off Yanu instead of Bhanu, I just think he's a quitter and a sore loser. He said himself in this episode the only game he's interested in playing is one he controls. He has either controlled every prior vote or at least thought he did. This is the first time the vote wasn't under his control.

Interesting we are now dead even with three former Yanu, three Nami and three Siga. I wonder if it even matters anymore.

• Like 7
  • Useful 3