Type keyword(s) to search

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

SodaPop
  • Start Topic

For me, there is a tiny difference, and it is this:

We all know jenelle is a piece of shit with no regard for the law. 

Taylor seems to be the kind of upstanding person who would report it. Why didn’t she?

I’m not saying what I believe happened to the dogs, because I really don’t know. However, it surprises me that Taylor wouldn’t report it at the time, so it sows a seed of doubt. Just a seed. I wouldn’t be surprised if he were guilty. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

For me, there is a tiny difference, and it is this:

We all know jenelle is a piece of shit with no regard for the law. 

Taylor seems to be the kind of upstanding person who would report it. Why didn’t she?

I’m not saying what I believe happened to the dogs, because I really don’t know. However, it surprises me that Taylor wouldn’t report it at the time, so it sows a seed of doubt. Just a seed. I wouldn’t be surprised if he were guilty. 

But from the show at least, we really do not know Taylor much at all. So I'm not ready to disbelieve her about the dogs. Saying she would lie about it just to get back at Adam is not really an indication of an "upstanding person" either, imo.

• Love 3
On 10/27/2020 at 8:58 PM, TheRealT said:

Yeah, I believe Adam opted out of the show a few seasons ago? And I think MTV would be pretty interested in following him, but, apparently, he has some pride/decency/discretion.

And I believe he also deserves credit for relinquishing his parental rights to Paislee so her stepdad could adopt her. It's arguable that he did it because he doesn't care and he didn't want to be on the hook for child support, but I think it's also possible that he realized that it was the right thing to do. He might have opted not to do the same for Aubree because she is more enmeshed with his parents (and him) and/or Aubree didn't want to be adopted by Cole (while Paislee was too young to even understand what was happening).

Again, I'm not "defending" Adam at all, but his situation with Aubree is complicated and I don't think it's fair to paint it as a simple case of him being a totally and obviously uninterested sperm donor, while Chelsea and Cole are THE BEST PARENTS EVER.

I don't know that Adam relinquishing his rights to Paisley was him wanting to do the "right thing"---she wasn't an infant at the time and had come to know her father and her half-sister. He has a history of arrests, meth use, nonpayment of child support, domestic violence, a fiery car crash, etc. --so I doubt he in this case made an entirely altruistic choice to let Paislee's stepdad adopt her.

• Love 7

Yeah, Taylor loses either way. Either she looked the other way when Adam was killing her dogs, or she made it up years later. I'm more inclined to believe the former.

Adam is a worthless asshole, no doubt. But he might not be physically dangerous anymore if he has quit taking steroids. Or he might still be dangerous.

For the record, if Chelsea truly believes Adam is a danger to Aubree, I have ZERO problem with her doing her best to cut off his access to Aubree.

If she merely wishes she could rewrite history to make Cole Aubree's father because Adam is an embarrassment/inconvenience to her and is pressuring Aubree to distance herself from her father and accept Cole as her "true" dad, well, I think that is shitty.

• Love 8

This should be interesting! Once she is off the show, will anyone care about someone who used to be on Teen Mom? If I were any of the other Teen Moms I would be watching closely. They all seem to think that they can parlay their Teen Mom experience into a stand-alone brand once the show is over, but I sincerely doubt it. 

• Love 11

I have diagnosed borderline personality disorder and PTSD and my husband is a quadriplegic...we both work full time and don't get SSDI or SSI. I'm pretty sure Chelsea can do it with her fake mini panic attacks every time she has to buy gas or wash her hair or whatever. 🤣

Sorry, she (AND Cole for sure) just don't want to work imo.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Or Chelsea get a job? Hahahahahhaha!

I doubt it, my hunch is she will ride out the social media "influencer" train as far as she can.

What's irritating, too, is that I actually don't have any issue with people being influencers or making it on social media. But usually people create actual CONTENT and that's why people start to follow them - blogs, really good photos, videos, beauty, fitness, inspiration, whatever. Even interesting captions or something, jeez.

Chelsea and Cole seem to want to put in the absolute least amount of effort possible. They seem to just want to slap a price tag or hashtag on something and have people throw money at them for existing, which I find really grating. If you're actually going to go the social media route, then do it and take pride in it. Don't just try to scam people with BS ads for dumb products and such.

Edited by ReadMeLattice
  • Love 10

I wonder if she quit or production let her go because they have no story lines . Why quit a show where you make hundreds of thousands a season for literally being able to go to a cell phone store and that’s your storyline ? Plus , she’s the only one who looks good out of all the moms and I’m sure she knows it . I’m so curious . 

Also I thought Cole did have a job . Or did he hop on the unemployment express with the rest of the cast ? 

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I wonder if she quit or production let her go because they have no story lines . Why quit a show where you make hundreds of thousands a season for literally being able to go to a cell phone store and that’s your storyline ? Plus , she’s the only one who looks good out of all the moms and I’m sure she knows it . I’m so curious . 

Also I thought Cole did have a job . Or did he hop on the unemployment express with the rest of the cast ? 

Cole quit his job or he didn’t even have one?

1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Because they are making the money by exploiting their kids?

• Love 2

I have a theory that she was pushed out. MTV didn’t want her boring storyline anymore, and she was difficult to work with, but they didn’t want to have a PR nightmare that would come with firing her, and her stans burning MTV to the ground. I bet they started out by giving her a less than perfect edit, and then told her she could be fired or quit. I bet they were really bluffing, though, and would not have fired her if she refused to quit. 

i also think Chelsea is arrogant enough to think people will buy her overpriced crap for eternity, and entitled enough to think randy can/will support all six of them if their plan fails. 

• Love 11

I suppose she could have just decided enough is enough, but I also am skeptical of that. Chelsea started complaining years ago that she was "over" being filmed and ready to move on, yet she kept signing on the dotted line each season. I am wondering if in light of declining ratings and potentially increased production costs due to Covid, MTV floated the idea of reduced salaries for their "talent" and that was the tipping point.

• Love 3

I think they will try for their own show. They are that narcissistic, arrogant, AND clueless. 

It’s just a feeling. I haven’t watched the show in years...just lurk in the shadows of the forum.  It’s what I do when I can’t sleep.

All of you have given me some great laughs. So funny .. with incredible insight!

• Love 3
On 10/30/2020 at 4:45 PM, iwantcookies said:

They will still exploit Aubree with her own line Aubree says.

Yes I agree they want to be social media influencers only and make a living solely on that. 

Or MTV offered them to quit or be fired. 

Good bye Deborings!

Yeah, it seems like an odd time to quit your cushy, super-lucrative job when you have a baby on the way and you're building a huge house (years after the only gainfully employed one quit his job). I agree that they are either so delusional that they think they can have careers as SM influencers/"designers"/whatever without MTV and/or they think they can get their own show. Down on the Farm with the De Boers sounds like the most boring show ever to me, until I imagine a show about Chelsea and Cole running their new clothing line or going on awesome date night outings around Sioux Falls. Deborings indeed.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, TheRealT said:

Yeah, it seems like an odd time to quit your cushy, super-lucrative job when you have a baby on the way and you're building a huge house (years after the only gainfully employed one quit his job). I agree that they are either so delusional that they think they can have careers as SM influencers/"designers"/whatever without MTV and/or they think they can get their own show. Down on the Farm with the De Boers sounds like the most boring show ever to me, until I imagine a show about Chelsea and Cole running their new clothing line or going on awesome date night outings around Sioux Falls. Deborings indeed.

Her equally-delusional fans think she is set for life. That is so crazy! She has made a doctor’s salary for a few years, and she’s not even thirty. I’m sure she’s made a decent supplemental income from social media, but that will wane since she’s no longer on the show. There’s a reason doctors don’t work ten years and then quit! That money isn’t enough to support a lavish lifestyle forever, especially for six people, when at least five of them have never known a budget!

I’m sure her fans are blowing smoke up her butt on Instagram and Facebook, telling her she’s going to be the next top influencer, and a huge star. She also thinks she can do it all on her terms, which sounds pretty sweet. 

Her fans also constantly insist that randy will bankroll her lifestyle if all else fails. Like...what?! Randy supporting his eighteen-year-old daughter so she won’t starve is a lot different than supporting a family of six in style. Why would he support her? His other daughters work regular jobs, and they didn’t even squander MTV money in the process! I find it so laughable that they insist he will support the DeBoers so neither of them have to face the horror of getting a real job. Plus he probably legitimately couldn’t afford it anyway. 

bottom line, I think these people fantasize about being Chelsea, and just aggressively will not hear that her life is anything less than perfect. If her life’s not perfect, do they have any hope that theirs can be?

• Love 7

Well first of all, there’s no way Chelsea is going to get a job.  Not only because she is completely unqualified, but daycare for 3 toddlers??  Yikes.

Y'all, I am legit scared of what is going to happen with this economy and the pandemic and all this crazy business going on in our country (on a personal level, I’m freaked the F out about losing everything I have worked my ass off for).  That being said, who in their right mind is out there building a giant resource sucking house.  It’s DUMB.  Look no further than Chelsea and Kail.  Like, I just can’t with these idiots.  I know they had already started the build job by the time everything shut down, but like at the very least read the room.  I have no idea how much money she has and what kind of investments she has made, but 4 kids and 2 adults is a lot of food, clothing, healthcare blah blah blah.  That they are paying out of pocket.  To me, that is scary AF.  

• Love 13
26 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

bottom line, I think these people fantasize about being Chelsea, and just aggressively will not hear that her life is anything less than perfect. If her life’s not perfect, do they have any hope that theirs can be?

Yeah, I think any adults who idolize Chelsea have to be coming from some level of delusion and overidentification with her. I'm no Chelsea fan by any means, but I could understand if an adult thought she was funny/cute or whatever and/or found her refreshingly down-to-earth and "normal" without feeling like she's any kind of "ideal" or "role model." I don't strongly identify with her, but I can also see how a lot of unexceptional (no offense intended) women might see her as a richer/more glamorous version of themselves, someone they could see themselves being friends with, though she's on TV/SM/etc. and might give her more credence as a "style influencer." But I can't see any adult modeling after/comparing their life to Chelsea in a non-pathological way. To me, there's nothing to "idolize" about her. She's extremely ordinary, or even sub-par, but lucky. I don't even say that as an insult to her; to me, it's just the obvious reality. She's a decent mother (compared to the others on the show), but not a mom I'd idolize at all. To me, she's kind of fucked up as a parent.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, TheRealT said:

Yeah, I think any adults who idolize Chelsea have to be coming from some level of delusion and overidentification with her. I'm no Chelsea fan by any means, but I could understand if an adult thought she was funny/cute or whatever and/or found her refreshingly down-to-earth and "normal" without feeling like she's any kind of "ideal" or "role model." I don't strongly identify with her, but I can also see how a lot of unexceptional (no offense intended) women might see her as a richer/more glamorous version of themselves, someone they could see themselves being friends with, though she's on TV/SM/etc. and might give her more credence as a "style influencer." But I can't see any adult modeling after/comparing their life to Chelsea in a non-pathological way. To me, there's nothing to "idolize" about her. She's extremely ordinary, or even sub-par, but lucky. I don't even say that as an insult to her; to me, it's just the obvious reality. She's a decent mother (compared to the others on the show), but not a mom I'd idolize at all. To me, she's kind of fucked up as a parent.

Yessssss!!!!! I have been thinking this for years. Very well said! I don’t understand why some people cannot hear anything bad about them. Like I think there are fans out there who would take offense if you found out cole cheated on his girlfriend when he was 14 or something like that...a slight imperfection or mistake, but nothing major. It’s because they have this fantasy that their life will one day be like Chelsea and Cole’s, but if something isn’t perfect, it ruins the fantasy. They aren’t objectively hearing news about cole. They are hearing that their entire future is crumbling. Maybe Chelsea’s appeal is that she is an average, unaccomplished girl who was “saved” by a hot guy. It feels attainable to them when they see it happen to Chelsea while they are still waiting. Problem is, it wouldn’t have happened to Chelsea if she wasn’t on MTV. Look at her sister Emily, who works a normal job and just now, in her thirties, married a normal-seeming guy. 

that’s also why they take it so personally when anyone says Cole’s out of Chelsea’s league. If Chelsea is a more glamorous version of themselves, and even she doesn’t “deserve” cole, then what chance do they have?

Most of us regular adults are able to discuss Chelsea and Cole’s good and bad points without taking it personally. However, her fans desperately need everything to remain the fairytale. It’s so sad to go look at Chelsea’s tagged photos on Instagram of these women who are trying so hard to be her; wearing her clothes, looking just like her, and then tagging her. I bet Chelsea laughs at them and thinks they’re losers, but they consider themselves friends with Chelsea, and next in line to get a cole. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Yessssss!!!!! I have been thinking this for years. Very well said! I don’t understand why some people cannot hear anything bad about them. Like I think there are fans out there who would take offense if you found out cole cheated on his girlfriend when he was 14 or something like that...a slight imperfection or mistake, but nothing major. It’s because they have this fantasy that their life will one day be like Chelsea and Cole’s, but if something isn’t perfect, it ruins the fantasy. They aren’t objectively hearing news about cole. They are hearing that their entire future is crumbling. Maybe Chelsea’s appeal is that she is an average, unaccomplished girl who was “saved” by a hot guy. It feels attainable to them when they see it happen to Chelsea while they are still waiting. Problem is, it wouldn’t have happened to Chelsea if she wasn’t on MTV. Look at her sister Emily, who works a normal job and just now, in her thirties, married a normal-seeming guy. 

that’s also why they take it so personally when anyone says Cole’s out of Chelsea’s league. If Chelsea is a more glamorous version of themselves, and even she doesn’t “deserve” cole, then what chance do they have?

Most of us regular adults are able to discuss Chelsea and Cole’s good and bad points without taking it personally. However, her fans desperately need everything to remain the fairytale. It’s so sad to go look at Chelsea’s tagged photos on Instagram of these women who are trying so hard to be her; wearing her clothes, looking just like her, and then tagging her. I bet Chelsea laughs at them and thinks they’re losers, but they consider themselves friends with Chelsea, and next in line to get a cole. 

To me, it's stupid to "stan" anyone, but I could maybe see if someone really admired an author or human rights activist or something and felt obligated to vociferously defend them to strangers online. Personally, I don't care enough about anyone on reality TV to truly lose my shit over someone criticizing them online. Obviously, I participate in these forums and I have my opinions, but, at the end of the day... I don't really care. Even if I strongly disagree with what someone says about these people. So I think people who get really extra about anything said about these people have some kind of issue(s).

2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

The thing is, Chelsea is such a basic simpleton. Certainly in no way is funny or has a sense of humor, and how is she “cute?” 

To be clear, I don't think Chelsea is funny or cute, but I assume that some people do. She seems to think she's being funny/cute sometimes, so I assume the people she's close to (at least Cole/her friends) agree. Like when she talks in funny voices or makes lame snarky comments (I guess). I can't imagine voluntarily spending 10 minutes with Chelsea and can only imagine talking to her at all if we were neighbors or our kids went to school together or something and, in those cases, I would definitely want to keep it as close to "Hi, how are you? Take care; bye!" as possible.

• Love 12

On the bright side, I've always thought that Randylicious has probably had a heavy hand in how Chelsea has managed her money, so they may be well set, if thoughtful. Cole may be doing some of the work on that house they're building and I think he will eventually reenter the workforce. They don't appear to have a lavish lifestyle, vacationing like crazy like Kailyn and their clothes aren't expensive. But, who knows? How much money do we think the moms have made over the years for doing the show?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, politichick said:

On the bright side, I've always thought that Randylicious has probably had a heavy hand in how Chelsea has managed her money, so they may be well set, if thoughtful. Cole may be doing some of the work on that house they're building and I think he will eventually reenter the workforce. They don't appear to have a lavish lifestyle, vacationing like crazy like Kailyn and their clothes aren't expensive. But, who knows? How much money do we think the moms have made over the years for doing the show?

I think that, years ago, they said that Randy was keeping a bank account for Aubree with all of the money Adam paid in child support (maybe Chelsea has taken over control since she "grew up" by marrying Cole). I think their idea was to give all the money to Aubree when she turned 18 and be like, "Your mom (later- 'and Cole') have paid for everything your whole life. Here's the money your dad paid for child support." I'm not sure why they thought that would be some kind of moral victory, but, ok.

I believe that Randy was involved in helping Chelsea manage her money for the first however many years of TM, but I don't think he's some kind of financial genius who parlayed her low 7 figures into a fortune big enough to support her family of 6+ in solidly upper-middle class style for 50 years. I don't think Chelsea has wasted money like a lot of the moms, but she seems to have been living a pretty comfortable lifestyle for the past few years (at least) and she's about to have 4 kids and a big house/property when neither she, nor Cole, has a steady job. I don't know what their mortgage/expenses are, but I would assume that Chelsea couldn't earn much in the near future (and the point about daycare for 3 toddlers is correct). She doesn't strike me as the type who'd be motivated/happy to stay up working on some part-time money-making venture after putting the babies to bed to make ends meet. I'm not sure what Cole's professional background/prospects are, but I wouldn't assume that he has a bunch of well-paying jobs readily available to him (especially now).

• Love 9

I think Chelsea spends more than most people think. She had custom designer purses made for all three girls, including layne. She has all the most expensive baby gear. Even though she looks homeless, people on Instagram have commented that a lot of her shoes are like $200-600. She also has said she is an online shopping addict, and orders at least something daily. She may not take vacations (which IMO would be a better use of her money), but she does spend a lot if you look closely. Like someone said, no way can she maintain this lifestyle for 50 years!

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, TheRealT said:

I believe that Randy was involved in helping Chelsea manage her money for the first however many years of TM, but I don't think he's some kind of financial genius who parlayed her low 7 figures into a fortune big enough to support her family of 6+ in solidly upper-middle class style for 50 years.

14 hours ago, TheRealT said:

I think that, years ago, they said that Randy was keeping a bank account for Aubree with all of the money Adam paid in child support (maybe Chelsea has taken over control since she "grew up" by marrying Cole).

The only thing I've ever heard (and I'm hardly an authority figure so take it with a bucket of salt) is that Aubree had a college fund set up for her in the low six figures. Whether that money came from Adam, Randy, or Chelsea's TM earnings, I don't know. This assertion also came before Chelsea's three kids with Cole, so who knows if they each have a college nest egg or if Aubree's college fund is now quartered.

I do believe Randy encouraged Chelsea to live within or even below her means and not leverage herself too deeply, which she did do for a long time. So, at least up until the last few years, Chelsea was in a better position than most of the TM girls, having some savings and not having a huge mortgage she couldn't handle or no equity in any of her assets. But Chelsea has increased her spending over the last few years and at this point, she's closing in on 30, married, and probably doesn't listen to Randy as much as she did 10 years ago.

Chelsea isn't an evil person, but Randy and Mary (that's her name, right?) failed to instill any work ethic in her or accountability. While they are certainly within the top 10% of TM parents (not that that is a huge accomplishment) that was a big failure on their part. Aubree is probably going to get a crash course on "life's not fair" in about 7 years.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Tatum said:

The only thing I've ever heard (and I'm hardly an authority figure so take it with a bucket of salt) is that Aubree had a college fund set up for her in the low six figures. Whether that money came from Adam, Randy, or Chelsea's TM earnings, I don't know. This assertion also came before Chelsea's three kids with Cole, so who knows if they each have a college nest egg or if Aubree's college fund is now quartered.

I do believe Randy encouraged Chelsea to live within or even below her means and not leverage herself too deeply, which she did do for a long time. So, at least up until the last few years, Chelsea was in a better position than most of the TM girls, having some savings and not having a huge mortgage she couldn't handle or no equity in any of her assets. But Chelsea has increased her spending over the last few years and at this point, she's closing in on 30, married, and probably doesn't listen to Randy as much as she did 10 years ago.

Chelsea isn't an evil person, but Randy and Mary (that's her name, right?) failed to instill any work ethic in her or accountability. While they are certainly within the top 10% of TM parents (not that that is a huge accomplishment) that was a big failure on their part. Aubree is probably going to get a crash course on "life's not fair" in about 7 years.

Yessss!!! This is one criticism I have always had of all the parents on the show. Their children have to suffer so they can live on easy street, and there will likely be nothing left for them as adults. At least most child actors have a good bit of earnings by the time they grow up. On this show, the moms had a normal childhood (not saying they were all good childhoods, but they weren’t on TV) and pampered adulthoods. The kids, however, are exploited on TV as kids, with probably nothing to show for it as adults, and will have to work their whole lives. It will be hard for aubree to reconcile, when she is 30 and clocking in to her 9 to 5 every day, that Chelsea, cole, and Adam allllll didn’t have to work because they exploited her childhood. Now, after an abnormal childhood, these kids will be expected to go on and be normal adults. 

Also, I hope Chelsea’s kids go to college! I could see them pushing Watson to go, but considering it “normal” if the girls get pregnant, or just decide not to do much. I hope I’m wrong! I could totally see Chelsea, if she is still well off in 20 years, sitting around at home with layne and this new baby, possibly with children of their own, like she did. Chelsea won’t be “mean” like randy and make them finish that GED while they wait on a man. I could see her loving the company of having them around 24/7 so she doesn’t have to be alone, and if they end up enabling Chelsea instead of rebelling, even better! I definitely can see aubree wanting to get out of there and go to college, while they push Watson to be educated because he’s a boy, but not caring about the others’ futures. I hope I am wrong!

• Love 6
On 11/5/2020 at 9:16 AM, Christina87 said:

I don't follow these people on sm, so this is news to me that people think Cole is out of Chelsea's league.  I mean, she is no great beauty, but Cole with his little lady voice is some kind of catch???  Good lord!

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I don't follow these people on sm, so this is news to me that people think Cole is out of Chelsea's league.  I mean, she is no great beauty, but Cole with his little lady voice is some kind of catch???  Good lord!

Yeah I think Chelsea is the catch in that relationship, and that says way more about my opinion of Cole than it does my opinion of Chelsea.

My rationale is this: whatever character deficiencies Chelsea has (irresponsible, lazy, immature, etc) Cole either has himself, or actually encourages and enables it in Chelsea. Or all three. Let's not forget in this marriage, Chelsea is the alpha and Cole does her bidding. I really wouldn't be feeling great about myself if I was a minion of Chelsea's. To quote one of my favorite TWOP recappers- if Chelsea is a loser, Cole is a sub-loser.

Looks-wise, I think conventionally speaking they are about equal. Cole might have a slight edge there, but that is really in the eye of the beholder.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Tatum said:

Yeah I think Chelsea is the catch in that relationship, and that says way more about my opinion of Cole than it does my opinion of Chelsea.

My rationale is this: whatever character deficiencies Chelsea has (irresponsible, lazy, immature, etc) Cole either has himself, or actually encourages and enables it in Chelsea. Or all three. Let's not forget in this marriage, Chelsea is the alpha and Cole does her bidding. I really wouldn't be feeling great about myself if I was a minion of Chelsea's. To quote one of my favorite TWOP recappers- if Chelsea is a loser, Cole is a sub-loser.

Looks-wise, I think conventionally speaking they are about equal. Cole might have a slight edge there, but that is really in the eye of the beholder.

Yeah, I think it was more a few years ago, when cole seemed more put together, that people were saying this more. At one point, cole seemed industrious, had a full-time job, was a college grad (that has since been called into question), was a kind person, had no exes or baggage, no kids, was more handsome, etc. People frequently talked about how while Chelsea whined on the couch about Adam, cole was in college writing papers and playing soccer. People thought it was ridiculous that such a hard worker married someone who couldn’t go to the grocery store alone. At this point, he seemed like more of a catch. Now, we know more about his flaws, and that he possesses a lot of Chelsea’s bad qualities under the surface. 

But both now and then, her stans have taken it so hard if anyone has suggested this. It makes me think that they are afraid their cole won’t come along if he’s out of their league. 

• Love 7

I think in Chelsea's case Cole could feel like a "hero" next to Adam--both as a partner and a father figure to Aubree. Which is not to say that Cole is a hero or can objectively stand alone as one or next to every other guy that Chelsea may have met--it's all relative.

Cole can feel important because the bar was set so very low by Adam.

• Love 3

Late to the party, but I will say, it is somewhat surprising that Chelsea and Cole have quit TM2. Especially giving the shape the world is in currently and C&C are allergic to work. I agree with other posters in that they won't be able to live off of TM2 saving for an extended period time, especially not with having four kids, a huge new house, a petting zoo and with neither of them being frugal or thrifty.

I also think that they might be holding out for their own show, if they aren't already in talks for one currently. I could see them getting something on CMT or some similar country/Hallmarky channel. They could play up there country strong, good ol' Christian Midwesterner vibe. It might at least help them sell some crap from their new Aubree line lol.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

Late to the party, but I will say, it is somewhat surprising that Chelsea and Cole have quit TM2.

I have a lot of catching up to do! I didn't know they quit a job they both needed to maintain their lifestyles. Wow this won't end good.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, druzy said:

I have a lot of catching up to do! I didn't know they quit a job they both needed to maintain their lifestyles. Wow this won't end good.

I feel like they must have gotten fired with the concession to allow them to say they were quitting. They are building a house, have a baby on the way, and (in their minds) they had just perfected a "strategy" of using Aubree's alleged and/or real issues with Adam and his family as their storyline, thus protecting their own privacy while continuing to collect the MTV bucks. It seems far more likely that MTV was like, "Yeah, this thing of having your whole story be about a 10-y-o getting a phone and becoming increasingly alienated from her paternal family isn't really working..."

I feel like most of Chelsea's real drama is boring. If they didn't shield themselves, I imagine scenes of her in a fetal position or shrieking incoherently because the babies won't stop crying/she gained 3 pounds/Grandma Donna wants to talk to her about Aubree/etc. and Cole trying to manage the crying babies while tending to her (probably with assistance from Aubree). Obviously, stuff like that would burst the bubble of how "perfect" the De Boers are, so we couldn't have that.

I truly believe that Chelsea, Cole, and maybe some smarter person(s) sat down to figure out a way to be interesting enough to stay on the show while hiding all of their real problems so Chelsea and Cole could build and maintain their De Boer brand of being "the perfect family." They came up with the idea of featuring how Aubree was growing up, getting a phone, and realizing that she didn't want to have as much contact with Adam/the Linds. It's so weird and disgusting. Maybe they first pitched focusing the season on the toddlers and how they were growing so fast and showing so much more of their personalities, but MTV was like, "Bitch, please... but maybe we could do something with the 'Aubree and the Linds' idea..."

• Love 10
On 11/5/2020 at 9:16 AM, Christina87 said:

Maybe Chelsea’s appeal is that she is an average, unaccomplished girl who was “saved” by a hot guy.

Basically this. Chelsea isn’t a bad human being by any means, but very average and typical, who hit the lotto with Teen Mom 2, and her biggest mistake (Adam) was mitigated by his legal fuckups and her marriage to Cole. 

For the record I don’t think it’s just a looks thing. I think Cole is handsome, and Chelsea is styled badly but can be very cute (I love her hair right now), but at the end of the day a teen mom will always have fewer marriage prospects than a teen dad, and for Chelsea to meet Cole as young as she did (who was actually a decent guy as well as being conventionally attractive) means she’s aspirational for all of those similarly situated women. Look at Leah- a teen mom with TWO divorces under her belt. For a lot of “Chelsea-types”, they spend their youth chasing scum bags like Adam, trying to raise their kids and getting by on minimum wage. 

• Love 9
19 hours ago, TheRealT said:

I feel like they must have gotten fired with the concession to allow them to say they were quitting. They are building a house, have a baby on the way, and (in their minds) they had just perfected a "strategy" of using Aubree's alleged and/or real issues with Adam and his family as their storyline, thus protecting their own privacy while continuing to collect the MTV bucks. It seems far more likely that MTV was like, "Yeah, this thing of having your whole story be about a 10-y-o getting a phone and becoming increasingly alienated from her paternal family isn't really working..."

I feel like most of Chelsea's real drama is boring. If they didn't shield themselves, I imagine scenes of her in a fetal position or shrieking incoherently because the babies won't stop crying/she gained 3 pounds/Grandma Donna wants to talk to her about Aubree/etc. and Cole trying to manage the crying babies while tending to her (probably with assistance from Aubree). Obviously, stuff like that would burst the bubble of how "perfect" the De Boers are, so we couldn't have that.

I truly believe that Chelsea, Cole, and maybe some smarter person(s) sat down to figure out a way to be interesting enough to stay on the show while hiding all of their real problems so Chelsea and Cole could build and maintain their De Boer brand of being "the perfect family." They came up with the idea of featuring how Aubree was growing up, getting a phone, and realizing that she didn't want to have as much contact with Adam/the Linds. It's so weird and disgusting. Maybe they first pitched focusing the season on the toddlers and how they were growing so fast and showing so much more of their personalities, but MTV was like, "Bitch, please... but maybe we could do something with the 'Aubree and the Linds' idea..."

I absolutely love your description of her rocking in the fetal position because she gained 3 pounds or grandma Donna wanted to talk! Hilarious and spot on! 😂😂😂

18 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Basically this. Chelsea isn’t a bad human being by any means, but very average and typical, who hit the lotto with Teen Mom 2, and her biggest mistake (Adam) was mitigated by his legal fuckups and her marriage to Cole. 

For the record I don’t think it’s just a looks thing. I think Cole is handsome, and Chelsea is styled badly but can be very cute (I love her hair right now), but at the end of the day a teen mom will always have fewer marriage prospects than a teen dad, and for Chelsea to meet Cole as young as she did (who was actually a decent guy as well as being conventionally attractive) means she’s aspirational for all of those similarly situated women. Look at Leah- a teen mom with TWO divorces under her belt. For a lot of “Chelsea-types”, they spend their youth chasing scum bags like Adam, trying to raise their kids and getting by on minimum wage. 

Yes!!! I love that you mention cole being willing to take all that on so young. It would have been different if he were 40. However, some people love to insist that Chelsea waited an eternity to meet and be “saved by” cole! I just turned 33, and I’m single, so it makes me laugh that people consider Chelsea meeting cole at 22 to be “late in life.”

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Yes!!! I love that you mention cole being willing to take all that on so young. It would have been different if he were 40. However, some people love to insist that Chelsea waited an eternity to meet and be “saved by” cole! I just turned 33, and I’m single, so it makes me laugh that people consider Chelsea meeting cole at 22 to be “late in life.”

Yeah- it’s not like Aubree was 13/14, and Chelsea over 30 and met Cole. Even then would still be “young”.

Look this isn’t a judgment. Being a single parent is HARD and often doesn’t leave a lot of free social time for dating (it’s easier if your co-parent is actually parenting and helping out), add in the very real risk single Moms have to consider when bringing men into their lives (especially if they have girl children), I’m glad Chelsea did meet Cole, who really does love Aubree (and her). But she’s only aspirational because she was in such a shitty position. 

I compare Chelsea to a YouTube lifestyle vlogger I follow named Jordan (who wasn’t a teen but pretty young when she had her son who was born prematurely)- she had some family at first help but has been raising her son on her own, working several jobs, saving etc. she’s also naturally beautiful and well spoken. She’s had two boyfriends since her son has been alive and she wants to be married (add in the guilt of having a boy child with no Dad)- and she says how hard it is!! If Jordan whos way more intelligent and hardworking than Chelsea could ever be can speak about these struggles I wonder what other Chelsea types think. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

It reminds me when Twilight movies were out and women in their 40s we’re fantasizing/chasing the guy who played Edward. Chelsea fans are similar they can’t get a guy in real life so they fantasize about someone else.

Most women in their 40s have no problem getting men in real life. Just saying! 🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Most women in their 40s have no problem getting men in real life. Just saying! 🙂

I take you have never been to a "meet the cast of Supernatural" convention. The term undateable came to mind many, many times when my husband and I took our 12 year old niece. The kids dressing up like characters was cute adult women dressing up and being so invested in the show not so much. 

Edited by badhaggis
random capitalization
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 11/4/2020 at 11:06 PM, Marley said:

Cole should’ve kept his job. What a bunch of morons lol.

He quit his job? What the hell does he do all day?

1 hour ago, UniqBlue69 said:

"Our next chapter in life will focus on developing our brand." I caaaaan't! tzvdwfK.thumb.jpg.c9673c1822c4588551a0a6cf8c212a3f.jpg

Developing our brand??? Without this show to promote it, they have no way of selling it. Good luck with that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5