Type keyword(s) to search

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

SodaPop
  • Start Topic

44 minutes ago, badhaggis said:

I take you have never been to a "meet the cast of Supernatural" convention. The term undateable came to mind many, many times when my husband and I took our 12 year old niece. The kids dressing up like characters was cute adult women dressing up and being so invested in the show not so much. 

Check out a Star Trek convention and see the same in grown men.

8 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

He quit his job? What the hell does he do all day?

Developing our brand??? Without this show to promote it, they have no way of selling it. Good luck with that.

Right. “Basic white bitch” has already been played out.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I probably would have ridden it out until the end if I were her especially because she’s generally shown in a good , positive light .. in fact I think she’s the only one who is . But I do think they’ll be ok money wise regardless if they stay or go . The show and the people on it are just so trashy and Chelsea and family aren’t , so that probably played a big part in not wanting Aubree to be associated with those people . I can’t blame her for leaving , but to make hundreds of thousands a season for sitting on your couch - that’s gotta be tough to lose . 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I probably would have ridden it out until the end if I were her especially because she’s generally shown in a good , positive light .. in fact I think she’s the only one who is . But I do think they’ll be ok money wise regardless if they stay or go . The show and the people on it are just so trashy and Chelsea and family aren’t , so that probably played a big part in not wanting Aubree to be associated with those people . I can’t blame her for leaving , but to make hundreds of thousands a season for sitting on your couch - that’s gotta be tough to lose . 

For sitting on your couch, and EXPLOITING YOUR CHILDREN.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Chelsea may be "less" trashy than the other girls...but she's still trashy. If she truly saw the error in her ways over the last 10 years and decided Aubree (and the younger ones, but especially Aubree) deserves some privacy, well, better late than never, but my opinion remains that Chelsea was either asked to leave the show or is arrogant enough to think she can springboard this into her own lifestyle brand and no longer needs Teen Mom 2.

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Chelsea may be "less" trashy than the other girls...but she's still trashy. If she truly saw the error in her ways over the last 10 years and decided Aubree (and the younger ones, but especially Aubree) deserves some privacy, well, better late than never, but my opinion remains that Chelsea was either asked to leave the show or is arrogant enough to think she can springboard this into her own lifestyle brand and no longer needs Teen Mom 2.

I doubt she was asked to leave but I’m sure production isn’t horribly upset to see her go . I think they all knew her family brought nothing to the table drama wise . It’s the same rehashed storyline for 10 years - Adam Is a shit dad . Her latest storylines included cell phone shopping for Aubree . It was just time to go . I do think she was sort of needed as a palate cleanser because the rest of them are a mess , but her time just came . I also think they feel they can create a “ brand “ but no one on this show sticks to a certain business . They start one and then move onto something else after 5 minutes . 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Tatum said:

I know, who chooses a guy like Adam, even as a teen?  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Bluesky said:

I am not going to say that choosing Adam was a sign of some lack of character on Chelsea's part. Adam was a narcissistic asshole, who was verbally abusive (no one deserves that) but his "true colors" didnt really come out until Aubree was already born. And we know he was physically abusive to other girlfriends. Before he was an "immature douche" who could sometimes be nice. @Christina87 speaks of being involved with an "Adam type" as a young woman and how she was able to get away from him. 

Probably in the same way TM:OG Gary got involved with Amber- who is officially awful, but wasnt like that when they were dating, he was able to see Amber's true colors, use TM money to better himself (and ended up meeting a nice woman in Kristina).

Even the smartest women can get involved with an abusive guy, and Chelsea isnt the brightest bulb. I am glad she got therapy and eventually let him go. 

• Love 9
On 11/11/2020 at 2:07 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

He quit his job? What the hell does he do all day?

Developing our brand??? Without this show to promote it, they have no way of selling it. Good luck with that.

Yeah. Are they supposed to be the "perfect family" version of Martha Stewart or something? I don't see why anyone would be interested in the De Boers if they aren't on MTV. They are not designers; they don't have good, or even average, taste; there is nothing interesting about them. Their products, at least thus far, are overpriced and unremarkable. Seriously, where is the growth potential for their "brand"?

I don't believe it was their choice to leave the show. If they were super fired up about how their privacy was being violated or whatever, I think they would have made a statement along those lines. Not even necessarily, "Fuck MTV and how they've screwed our family!," but something "dignified" about how they've come to a point where they feel like they need to be more private and focus on their growing family, blahblah, respectable, mature cakes. The vague, "It's been great, but we're done now and putting all of our eggs into the 'our brand' basket, which hasn't provided even half the income we've gotten from MTV..." just doesn't ring true.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, TheRealT said:

Yeah. Are they supposed to be the "perfect family" version of Martha Stewart or something? I don't see why anyone would be interested in the De Boers if they aren't on MTV. They are not designers; they don't have good, or even average, taste; there is nothing interesting about them. Their products, at least thus far, are overpriced and unremarkable. Seriously, where is the growth potential for their "brand"?

I don't believe it was their choice to leave the show. If they were super fired up about how their privacy was being violated or whatever, I think they would have made a statement along those lines. Not even necessarily, "Fuck MTV and how they've screwed our family!," but something "dignified" about how they've come to a point where they feel like they need to be more private and focus on their growing family, blahblah, respectable, mature cakes. The vague, "It's been great, but we're done now and putting all of our eggs into the 'our brand' basket, which hasn't provided even half the income we've gotten from MTV..." just doesn't ring true.

Plus don't forget they threw in- don't forget to follow us on SM! Sure doesn't sound like people scrambling for privacy.

Honestly, production would be stupid to keep Chelsea on. In addition to her salary, they have all the costs associated with filming her. If they feel they need some stability and heart warming fodder, they have Leah for that who also comes with an abundance of storylines.

It wouldn't surprise me if they start cleaning house in the wake of Covid, if they decide to return to in person filming (they're still using older footage, right?).  It would make sense to downsize both casts.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 11/13/2020 at 8:05 AM, Bluesky said:

I did, at the same age Chelsea did, and my 'Adam' was very, very similar to hers. I don't think it shows a lack of good character on my part-- only his.

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, monicageller said:

I did, at the same age Chelsea did, and my 'Adam' was very, very similar to hers. I don't think it shows a lack of good character on my part-- only his.

Yes. Slow clap. 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

• Love 5
18 hours ago, monicageller said:

I feel this! My Adam was not outwardly a “bad boy,” but I didn’t realize that a guy could look wholesome, come from a good family, be a good student, and still be a complete asshole. He was a total “bad boy” at heart, soooo similar to Adam! It makes me wonder if maybe Adam wasn’t quite as bad at first. Grandma Donna seems like a normal middle-class person, and his brothers all turn out okay. Maybe Adam appeared more normal at first, before he made his transition to total douche!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HeySandyStrange said:

All I can think of, is how can these idiots afford a three story McMansion now that they aren’t going to get their six figure paychecks anymore? They better hope that the tacky deer print isn’t going to bring down the house's resale value. 

I can’t even imagine what the heat bill is going to be in that thing.  Out in a wide open field in South Dakota.  And I’m sure they got all the top level stuff like heated floors and whatnot.  I’d bet it costs more to heat that house per month than my entire mortgage payment.  And now I sound like a cranky old man, but seriously.  

And that carpet is ugly AF.  It’s not even rustic shabby chic farmhouse cute.  I know a ton of hard core deer hunters and I don’t even think they would opt for that.  It’s like they went out of their way to be tacky.  Guess I should be shocked it’s not Buffalo plaid.

• Love 13
43 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I know a ton of hard core deer hunters and I don’t even think they would opt for that.

Does Cole even hunt? It seems like he's very into the aesthetics of hunting-themed stuff, but does he ever talk/post about actually going hunting? I can't imagine Chelsea being too supportive of a hobby that would require him to be away for hours/possibly even days at a time, nor can I see her being into joining him hunting. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 11/14/2020 at 9:50 PM, ilovebeaarthur said:

Well that’s certainly a choice. 

That’s a polite way of putting it. 

On 11/14/2020 at 11:42 AM, Christina87 said:

I feel this! My Adam was not outwardly a “bad boy,” but I didn’t realize that a guy could look wholesome, come from a good family, be a good student, and still be a complete asshole. He was a total “bad boy” at heart, soooo similar to Adam! It makes me wonder if maybe Adam wasn’t quite as bad at first. Grandma Donna seems like a normal middle-class person, and his brothers all turn out okay. Maybe Adam appeared more normal at first, before he made his transition to total douche!

Adam was a lot younger then- they met in HIGH SCHOOL, at 16/17. They were peers. Adam wasn’t likely into the hard drugs or addiction yet. He didn’t have a record.....or a previous girlfriend he impregnated, abused or abandoned. They were just hanging out, having fun and having sex. It’s pretty easy to seem normal when there’s no stress. 

I judge Paisely’s mom more than Chelsea as she had an inkling that Adam was an awful human being (but I’m glad she seems to have met a nice guy that loves Paisley). 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, TheRealT said:

Does Cole even hunt? It seems like he's very into the aesthetics of hunting-themed stuff, but does he ever talk/post about actually going hunting? I can't imagine Chelsea being too supportive of a hobby that would require him to be away for hours/possibly even days at a time, nor can I see her being into joining him hunting. 

He probably used to.  But like you said, Chelsea probably squashed that hobby of his.  To be honest, back in the day I looked forward to “deer widows weekend.”  That’s before I became a real widow and am now single for years.   It’s so weird to me that they don’t appear to do anything independent of each other.  And that they seem proud of it.  Back in my day we called that “whipped.” 🤣

• Love 9
On 11/15/2020 at 4:42 AM, Christina87 said:

Yes, same! Mine was a classic sociopath-- he was very charming and everybody liked him. We were well into the relationship before he slowly started the manipulating, gaslighting, and emotional and verbal abuse. I imagine Adam was similar, and MTV came along once Adam had done the old switcheroo.

On 11/15/2020 at 2:50 PM, ilovebeaarthur said:

Well that’s certainly a choice. 

I couldn't have said it better myself.

• Love 5
On 11/14/2020 at 7:31 PM, whydoiwatch said:

Deer print carpet in the new McMansion:  

48431364-4197-4629-B750-1DDD01333092.jpeg

Oh deer god!

6 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I can’t even imagine what the heat bill is going to be in that thing.  Out in a wide open field in South Dakota.  And I’m sure they got all the top level stuff like heated floors and whatnot.  I’d bet it costs more to heat that house per month than my entire mortgage payment.  And now I sound like a cranky old man, but seriously.  

The a/c bill will be worse- they painted the house black!  

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

@Christina87 hi waves happily! Nice to see you are still around. Hope you are well!

Awwww thank you!!! Yep, still around, but just swamped! My school started out virtually, which was crazy enough, and now we have been sent back at 100% capacity! I’ve absolutely never felt this swamped. I heard Chelsea quit the show, so I had to come see what the boards were saying, lol! I hope I can relax a little at Christmas and reconnect with everybody! I love and miss you guys! 💕 here’s to the craziest year of teaching ever!

• Love 10

Audrey of Little People Big World and Leah both have a TEAM!

Chelsea and Cole have a BRAND!

These people are delusional.

If my home was broken into I surely would not be posting pictures inside and out of my new home!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 4
On 11/15/2020 at 7:58 PM, Scarlett45 said:

That’s a polite way of putting it. 

Adam was a lot younger then- they met in HIGH SCHOOL, at 16/17. They were peers. Adam wasn’t likely into the hard drugs or addiction yet. He didn’t have a record.....or a previous girlfriend he impregnated, abused or abandoned. They were just hanging out, having fun and having sex. It’s pretty easy to seem normal when there’s no stress. 

I judge Paisely’s mom more than Chelsea as she had an inkling that Adam was an awful human being (but I’m glad she seems to have met a nice guy that loves Paisley). 

I could be totally wrong about this because I don’t actually remember the details of Chelsea’s 16 and Pregnant all that well, but I thought there was an age difference between Chelsea and Adam. I know Chelsea was around 16/17 when they started dating(hooking up? I was always a bit unclear about their relationship) but Adam was older. I thought Adam was already around 20/21 and had already got into some shit. 

but again I could be really wrong.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

I could be totally wrong about this because I don’t actually remember the details of Chelsea’s 16 and Pregnant all that well, but I thought there was an age difference between Chelsea and Adam. I know Chelsea was around 16/17 when they started dating(hooking up? I was always a bit unclear about their relationship) but Adam was older. I thought Adam was already around 20/21 and had already got into some shit. 

but again I could be really wrong.

No they were in HS together. Chelsea had JUST turned 18 when Aubree was born that September 2009 (Chelsea's bday is August 29), Adam was born in July 1989 so he had just turned 20.......likely 1 year a part in school depending on when the school year started in South Dakota. But they started dating when they were in the same high school.

Edited to add: And yeah they were bf/gf off and on for a while, I agree with @Christina87 that Chelsea probably wanted to become pregnant because senior year was ending and she didnt know what she wanted to do, and thought a baby would make her a "family" with Adam and give her something to do after HS. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

No they were in HS together. Chelsea had JUST turned 18 when Aubree was born that September 2009 (Chelsea's bday is August 29), Adam was born in July 1989 so he had just turned 20.......likely 1 year a part in school depending on when the school year started in South Dakota. But they started dating when they were in the same high school.

Edited to add: And yeah they were bf/gf off and on for a while, I agree with @Christina87 that Chelsea probably wanted to become pregnant because senior year was ending and she didnt know what she wanted to do, and thought a baby would make her a "family" with Adam and give her something to do after HS. 

Yes!!! I find the timing so suspicious, getting pregnant midway through junior year. Second semester junior year is intense, because it’s when most people are taking the SAT and applying to colleges. I could definitely see Chelsea panicking because she didn’t have the grades, didn’t want to disappoint randy, and didn’t want to figure out a plan. If she could just graduate, marry Adam, and stay home and raise aubree, then she would have a legitimate option that didn’t involve furthering her education, OR losing face by being the only dud in her friend group. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Yes!!! I find the timing so suspicious, getting pregnant midway through junior year. Second semester junior year is intense, because it’s when most people are taking the SAT and applying to colleges. I could definitely see Chelsea panicking because she didn’t have the grades, didn’t want to disappoint randy, and didn’t want to figure out a plan. If she could just graduate, marry Adam, and stay home and raise aubree, then she would have a legitimate option that didn’t involve furthering her education, OR losing face by being the only dud in her friend group. 

Chelsea got pregnant mid-way through senior year, she was already 18 the August before Aubree was born prematurely that September. Chelsea was facing the end of senior year, all her friends were making plans, and she had nothing going on. Low and behold she becomes pregnant???? UMMMMHMMMM

• Love 6
On 11/13/2020 at 6:19 PM, monicageller said:

It has nothing to do with character but typically troubled teens are attracted to other troubled teens.  She obviously wasn’t some role model teen. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Chelsea got pregnant mid-way through senior year, she was already 18 the August before Aubree was born prematurely that September. Chelsea was facing the end of senior year, all her friends were making plans, and she had nothing going on. Low and behold she becomes pregnant???? UMMMMHMMMM

It was actually junior year! Remember in her 16 and pregnant when she started the school year, and randy told her he wanted her to graduate with her class? She turned 18 in September, but for whatever reason was just a senior then. She had aubree early in the year, and then ended up dropping out. Remember when she went to that homecoming event with her friends and Adam got mad? That’s why it took her 73927493 years to get her GED, since she dropped out during senior year. She was supposed to go back after having aubree, but just never could get it together. 

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

It was actually junior year! Remember in her 16 and pregnant when she started the school year, and randy told her he wanted her to graduate with her class? She turned 18 in September, but for whatever reason was just a senior then. She had aubree early in the year, and then ended up dropping out. Remember when she went to that homecoming event with her friends and Adam got mad? That’s why it took her 73927493 years to get her GED, since she dropped out during senior year. She was supposed to go back after having aubree, but just never could get it together. 

I so forgot- YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!! Maybe she just started school late, I have a friend who has a summer bday but was a year behind me in school, I started school at 4, she started at 6 (we were born the same year but graduated a year a part).I remember that homecoming thing, and Chelsea missing Aubree and feeling guilty for being with her friends. 

I still cannot believe it took her 500yrs to get her GED. Randy should've made that condition number 1 of ANY sort of support. Its a GED! She was capable just intellectually lazy IMO. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I so forgot- YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!! Maybe she just started school late, I have a friend who has a summer bday but was a year behind me in school, I started school at 4, she started at 6 (we were born the same year but graduated a year a part).I remember that homecoming thing, and Chelsea missing Aubree and feeling guilty for being with her friends. 

I still cannot believe it took her 500yrs to get her GED. Randy should've made that condition number 1 of ANY sort of support. Its a GED! She was capable just intellectually lazy IMO. 

I agree! I cannot imagine, in any universe, my parents putting up with that. And I can even less imagine them letting me move my loser boyfriend into the home they’re paying for! My parents have always been generous, but also expected me to uphold my end of the bargain. 

I have always really wondered what Chelsea’s life would have looked like without aubree, and I literally can’t imagine it. Without aubree, she couldn’t have lazed around and played house when Adam, because instead of a single mom, she would have been a bum. I wonder if she would have scraped into the college with the lowest admission requirements ever, and partied hard for a year, before failing out. If she didn’t try any school, would she have been able to stick to a job? I’m guessing no. I think best case scenario would have been living at home with randy (so he could stay on her), starting beauty school with friends, and wanting to finish with them, thus being motivated.

Still, it’s so hard to picture her life without aubree. I feel like I know exactly what Leah, jenelle, and Kail would have been doing without their teen pregnancy, but it’s hard to imagine Chelsea’s life any other way!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I agree! I cannot imagine, in any universe, my parents putting up with that. And I can even less imagine them letting me move my loser boyfriend into the home they’re paying for! My parents have always been generous, but also expected me to uphold my end of the bargain. 

I have always really wondered what Chelsea’s life would have looked like without aubree, and I literally can’t imagine it. Without aubree, she couldn’t have lazed around and played house when Adam, because instead of a single mom, she would have been a bum. I wonder if she would have scraped into the college with the lowest admission requirements ever, and partied hard for a year, before failing out. If she didn’t try any school, would she have been able to stick to a job? I’m guessing no. I think best case scenario would have been living at home with randy (so he could stay on her), starting beauty school with friends, and wanting to finish with them, thus being motivated.

Still, it’s so hard to picture her life without aubree. I feel like I know exactly what Leah, jenelle, and Kail would have been doing without their teen pregnancy, but it’s hard to imagine Chelsea’s life any other way!

I think of Chelsea hadn’t had Aubree, she would’ve gone to cosmetology school for a hot minute (maybe even finished) and been looking for a husband ASAP, getting married at 21-22 rather than 25. And then she would’ve gotten pregnant and started having kids. So basically a few more years of living in Randy’s house, going to concerts and hanging out. 

• Love 6

Looking at the first picture (the family room) the only things I can think are how big is their heating bill gonna be (that space is not gonna be easy to heat up) and who's gonna clean all those windows?

I was a bit disappointed with the gold bathtub; when I hear the words "gold bathtub" I expect to see this

https://images.app.goo.gl/zaKHGp41Na345rUP6 (sorry, I couldn't attach the picture) in all its tacky glory and not a regular bathtub with a gold exterior.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I’m wore out just thinking about trying to keep 3 toddlers off all those stairs.  

I’ll go ahead and assume there is a super awesome play area for the kids.  Because what is shown here is less than kid friendly.  

Also, it’s like she picked EVERY SINGLE farmhouse trend. It’s all very specific and A LOT.  And I say this as someone who is moderate “farmhouse” decor in my own home but not every single little thing down to every single finish.  I’m also about patterns and color, but again with like my accent pieces that can easily be switched out every few years.  Not my permanent carpets and flooring in every single room.  Even if she can afford to gut the house in 5 years when all of this is aged, it’s a pain in the ass.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, FortKnox said:

They're so... thirsty. You would think that a happily married couple with a "perfect" family would be less concerned about how they are perceived and determined to check every. single. box. to prove how "perfect" they are. Who wondered or cared whether they're having sex or not? Really? Do people pregnant with their third child together really have to make a public announcement that they had sex? Does anyone need to publicly announce that they had sex?

• Love 16