Type keyword(s) to search

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

SodaPop
  • Start Topic

28 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

It’s going to be interesting to see how the “influencers“ fare through this upcoming recession.  None of them were independent adults the last time we went through anything like this.  Just because you have money one day doesn’t mean you will have it the next, and NONE of them have any skills to fall back on when things tighten up.   Right now they depend on other people having money to spend on their frivolous bullshit. 

One more post on the braces issue. My son had braces young  to fix jaw issues (while it wasn’t fully set) in second/third grade. He had a second set after all his teeth came in to fine tune alignment. This was all one price. We didn’t pay twice. My daughter only needs them for alignment so she just got them on in 8th grade because her molars were late coming in. Again, same price as what we paid for son. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Christina87 said:

It’s really hard to believe this person grew up wealthy and now makes 400K a year...just gonna leave that there...

9863E25B-7A45-40BA-8090-6F121ED09F7C.jpeg

A wise philosopher once said, “Money can’t buy you class.” It also can’t buy you taste. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

It’s really hard to believe this person grew up wealthy and now makes 400K a year...just gonna leave that there...

9863E25B-7A45-40BA-8090-6F121ED09F7C.jpeg

I think it's just a coincidence that Chelsea grew up in a 6-figure home or lives in a 6-figure home now. If MTV/Cole had never happened, she'd most likely be a single mom struggling on (low) 5 figures from her salon job or a married mom struggling with her salon job and her husband's job (maybe just barely 6 figures combined, quite possibly mid-to high 5 figures combined). To me, there's just nothing special about Chelsea. At all. Even Kail, fucked up as she is, is more "talented." Under the right circumstances, I could see Kail excelling as a real estate agent (or whatever) because I think she is above average in terms of charisma and intelligence.

I could see Chelsea being successful as a real estate agent (for example), but only if she were in a situation where she was set up really well and the market was really good. If she had to sell/rent homes in a situation that was challenging, I think she'd be overwhelmed and easily daunted and given to whining about how hard it all was and how the clients asked too many hard questions (fully expecting Cole/whoever to be like, "OMG, that sounds horrible! Are you ok? Why would they ask you all those weird questions?! What do they expect from you?!"). She's just not equipped for the real world and I think it would take some extensive conditioning for her to get equipped. In all fairness, she doesn't have to do that on her current trajectory, so I guess it's ok.

• Love 10

Also really insensitive given that a lot of people are fearing becoming homeless right now due to the pandemic, yet here they are posting about their Pinterest perfect building project! I guess for them, life is just normal, because neither works anyway. But like you said...read the room!

i don’t get why they’re moving either. Remember when Chelsea said she wanted to move after the burglary, and cole made a joke about it, and she gave him the death glare? It’s shocking that they really ARE moving. Has she stopped to realize that the public will know the exact layout of this house if they broadcast everything online? What idiots!

After that they ran and bought that land I knew it was coming. How are they going to make any money off the house they just bought. If anything with the economy the way it is I think they’ll lose a good chunk.  

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, TheRealT said:

I think it's just a coincidence that Chelsea grew up in a 6-figure home or lives in a 6-figure home now. If MTV/Cole had never happened, she'd most likely be a single mom struggling on (low) 5 figures from her salon job or a married mom struggling with her salon job and her husband's job (maybe just barely 6 figures combined, quite possibly mid-to high 5 figures combined). To me, there's just nothing special about Chelsea. At all. Even Kail, fucked up as she is, is more "talented." Under the right circumstances, I could see Kail excelling as a real estate agent (or whatever) because I think she is above average in terms of charisma and intelligence.

I could see Chelsea being successful as a real estate agent (for example), but only if she were in a situation where she was set up really well and the market was really good. If she had to sell/rent homes in a situation that was challenging, I think she'd be overwhelmed and easily daunted and given to whining about how hard it all was and how the clients asked too many hard questions (fully expecting Cole/whoever to be like, "OMG, that sounds horrible! Are you ok? Why would they ask you all those weird questions?! What do they expect from you?!"). She's just not equipped for the real world and I think it would take some extensive conditioning for her to get equipped. In all fairness, she doesn't have to do that on her current trajectory, so I guess it's ok.

I agree completely, and it’s so weird that she’s like this! I was raised by a dentist dad too, and I felt proud of him from a young age for going to four extra years of very hard school, and also his intelligence and hard work. He always expected a lot from me academically, as well. I just can’t imagine how the dynamics must have been in the houska house. I’m guessing maybe randy was more academically focused with his brighter-seeming older daughters, and maybe was tired and burnt out by the time Chelsea came along. He probably also saw the handwriting on the wall, and realized MTV was Chelsea’s best chance to support herself. IMO most upper middle class families wouldn’t let their daughter appear on this show, because most of those girls are probably going to college, and not embarrassing their family is worth more than money. The only exception I see to that is an extreme stage parent, but there’s no evidence that Chelsea grew up that way (no pageants, performing arts, excessive pushing in athletics, from that we can tell). 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I agree completely, and it’s so weird that she’s like this! I was raised by a dentist dad too, and I felt proud of him from a young age for going to four extra years of very hard school, and also his intelligence and hard work. He always expected a lot from me academically, as well. I just can’t imagine how the dynamics must have been in the houska house. I’m guessing maybe randy was more academically focused with his brighter-seeming older daughters, and maybe was tired and burnt out by the time Chelsea came along. He probably also saw the handwriting on the wall, and realized MTV was Chelsea’s best chance to support herself. IMO most upper middle class families wouldn’t let their daughter appear on this show, because most of those girls are probably going to college, and not embarrassing their family is worth more than money. The only exception I see to that is an extreme stage parent, but there’s no evidence that Chelsea grew up that way (no pageants, performing arts, excessive pushing in athletics, from that we can tell). 

I think part of the issue with the Houska girls' lack of ambition and achievement is that the family generally considered getting married young and raising a family to be a good enough ambition for women. I think Randy is smart and he's technically "highly educated," but, culturally, I don't think he's all that intellectual, Chelsea's mom even less so. I would assume that they would have liked their daughters to go to college, at least to get MRS degrees, but as long as they found nice, reasonably successful guys to marry it wouldn't really matter. They probably would have more of a problem with a daughter who wanted to pursue a high-powered career in a big city than with a daughter like Chelsea. 

• Love 10

So they started an IG just for building their home? I notice there’s already a ton of contact names in the bio. So they’re advertising for free stuff I imagine. No, they’re regular people like you & I! Fame hasn’t changed them one bit! 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Mkay said:

You would think after the break in of their house they would try to be a little more discreet about this house. 

Chelsea's anxiety must wax and wave depending on the possibility of freebies....

• LOL 7
  • Love 12

I haven’t had anxiety in years and this whole C19 thing has me wide awake in the middle of the nights, face breaking out (including a nice new cold sore on my lip), etc.  

But this, THIS, has Chelsea starting a blog about her new house?  

She is such a phony.

• Love 19
On 3/20/2020 at 11:45 AM, TheRealT said:

I think part of the issue with the Houska girls' lack of ambition and achievement is that the family generally considered getting married young and raising a family to be a good enough ambition for women. I think Randy is smart and he's technically "highly educated," but, culturally, I don't think he's all that intellectual, Chelsea's mom even less so. I would assume that they would have liked their daughters to go to college, at least to get MRS degrees, but as long as they found nice, reasonably successful guys to marry it wouldn't really matter. They probably would have more of a problem with a daughter who wanted to pursue a high-powered career in a big city than with a daughter like Chelsea. 

Yeah I agree with you somewhat. Had any of the Houska girls wanted to be a Dr or a dentist, I don’t think Randy would’ve forbid it, and I think he would’ve paid their way, but it wasn’t expected. He may have asked them “do you really want to do this?? It’s a lot of work, you can just get married.” Had Randy had a son I don’t think he would’ve accepted this lack of ambition.

I also think Chelsea is likely the least academically bright of all of the kids and Randy knew it. Had MTV not come along, Randy would’ve pushed her a bit more to get her esthetician license and still expected her to meet a nice guy and get married so he could spend his retirement in peace rather than worrying about her and Aubrey. 

• Love 12
On 3/20/2020 at 10:00 AM, Christina87 said:

IMO most upper middle class families wouldn’t let their daughter appear on this show, because most of those girls are probably going to college, and not embarrassing their family is worth more than money.

And not destroying their privacy and the privacy of any kids/grandkids. No WAY would I let my minor kid do a TV show like TM.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 3/24/2020 at 10:52 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah I agree with you somewhat. Had any of the Houska girls wanted to be a Dr or a dentist, I don’t think Randy would’ve forbid it, and I think he would’ve paid their way, but it wasn’t expected. He may have asked them “do you really want to do this?? It’s a lot of work, you can just get married.” Had Randy had a son I don’t think he would’ve accepted this lack of ambition.

I also think Chelsea is likely the least academically bright of all of the kids and Randy knew it. Had MTV not come along, Randy would’ve pushed her a bit more to get her esthetician license and still expected her to meet a nice guy and get married so he could spend his retirement in peace rather than worrying about her and Aubrey. 

I don't think Randy or Chelsea's mom (what is her name? Lois? Mary? I feel like it's one of those and the other is a joke, but I'm not sure) would forbid their daughter to become a doctor or whatever. What I meant is that if they had a daughter who (for instance) wanted to go to Ivy League schools and become a corporate lawyer in NYC, that would "go more against their grain"/be harder for them to easily integrate into their organic lifestyles/comfort levels/etc. than a daughter who got knocked up as a teen and found a "Prince Charming" to marry before she turned 25.

If they had an NYC corporate lawyer daughter, they'd be like, "Why do you want to go to Yale? It's so far away! U of South Dakota is a great school! Why do you want to live in NYC? It's so noisy and dirty! When are you going to get married? Your sisters already have kids and you don't even have a boyfriend!" etc., etc. Not to say that they wouldn't love such a daughter and be generally supportive of her, but I think they'd have a harder time with someone like that than with Chelsea. I think Chelsea is basically a huge success story in her family, with her career with MTV and the attendant opportunities and landing Cole.

• Love 9

I grew up in an affluent town and the kids trended towards two extremes: a) hyper-driven, competitive types who were hit with tons of family pressure to follow Mom/Dad's footsteps to the Ivy League or b) lazy, unmotivated slackers due to being handed everything in life and parents who never said "no." Chelsea is easily group b. Even now, most of the things she whines about are stuff normal people accept as par for the course in adulting. Lucky for her she found a spineless simpleton to do her bidding. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
On 3/20/2020 at 12:23 AM, Mkay said:

To each their own obviously but I don’t think the view is so spectacular at their new land. Just looks like shitty small trees on flat land. Meh lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
On 3/30/2020 at 4:37 PM, Marley said:

To each their own obviously but I don’t think the view is so spectacular at their new land. Just looks like shitty small trees on flat land. Meh lol.

Seems like Chelsea and Cole are trying to set themselves up as a sort of low-rent Great Plains Chip & Joanna. @@

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Seems like Chelsea and Cole are trying to set themselves up as a sort of low-rent Great Plains Chip & Joanna. @@

Ha!  They wish.  Chip and Jo are at least somewhat educated and self made.  Unlike Che Che and Coley.  Also....think what you want about Texas but it’s a draw and ain’t no one trying to take a vacation to SoDak.  I mean unless it’s the Badlands or Mount Rushmore.  Sioux Falls....no thanks!  She looks fug in that pic.  Poor Aubree.  Homely and now relying on struggling to get a GED Chelsea for distance learning.  I’m not trying to say I’m a star but at least I finished high school.

Edited by geauxaway
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 3/20/2020 at 1:26 AM, Mkay said:

After that they ran and bought that land I knew it was coming. How are they going to make any money off the house they just bought. If anything with the economy the way it is I think they’ll lose a good chunk.  

Housing market is still really good right now.  And also on their side, acreages are a hot commodity as well.  

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

Housing market is still really good right now.  And also on their side, acreages are a hot commodity as well.  

Not for long. Record unemployment because of the virus is going to drastically change the housing market for the worse.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I can see how your house being broken into would be traumatic. I remember how I felt when someone broke into my car. 

But floor plans and outdoor shots of your house and you’re a public figure?? I don’t even put outdoor shots of my house on my private nobody social media. Why not show design stuff and give tutorials on projects?

• Love 10
19 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I can see how your house being broken into would be traumatic. I remember how I felt when someone broke into my car. 

But floor plans and outdoor shots of your house and you’re a public figure?? I don’t even put outdoor shots of my house on my private nobody social media. Why not show design stuff and give tutorials on projects?

Yep ... it's like giving someone actual plans on where things are so when they break in, they've got easy access...

And I don't put outdoor shots of my house on my social media because it's ... not quite ugly, but it definitely could use a good spruce up!  Plus my front yard has been turned into a veggie garden and the deer fence, while necessary and effective, is not high-end curb appeal! 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Odds on them turning up with a COVID baby?   Anyone care to wager?

You mean a child conceived during the stay at home order, born between (approximately) Jan-March 2021?

I would say it’s likely. I can see them with 4-5 kids. Chelsea has 3 sisters and seems to have enjoyed having multiple siblings. So chances are good they will have a big family- not Duggar size big but big compared to the typical couple. 

7 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

You mean a child conceived during the stay at home order, born between (approximately) Jan-March 2021?

I would say it’s likely. I can see them with 4-5 kids. Chelsea has 3 sisters and seems to have enjoyed having multiple siblings. So chances are good they will have a big family- not Duggar size big but big compared to the typical couple. 

Yes, sorry.  That’s what I’ve heard them referred to as, lol.  My co-worker who I haven’t seen since March just found out they’re having one.  🤣.   

There is expected to be a baby boom of some sort 9 months from now.  Not surprising.

• Love 3
(edited)
26 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

The house looks kind of ugly from that shot.  Are there any better pictures online?

Most definitely. She has a whole Instagram on the new house, floor plans, where the Christmas tree will go. We got a whole walkthrough tour. 🤦🏻‍♀️ She’s not thinking smart. 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 4

Don’t think the pandemic will impact chelsea and Cole’s timing with  having another baby.  They have been spending all theIr time together for a long time already.  Unlike most families who have a least one parent working before stay at home orders.  

• Love 3

Meh to their house and their lame flat view.

I follow Cole on Instagram still and he’s doing this 75 day workout thing. Somehow he looks like a doofus while working out. Not sure why I still follow him but oh well lol.

• LOL 4
On 6/13/2020 at 5:11 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Found on Reddit 🤣🤣🤣

B6663E35-A066-4A16-B62B-9BC41C25AAF7.jpeg

Imagine everyone building a new house after a break in?  

I’ve had a break in and so have many other people I know. Life goes on. Change your locks and install an alarm system.  

• Love 7