Type keyword(s) to search

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

SodaPop
  • Start Topic

On 11/11/2019 at 7:23 PM, nikita said:

Aubree's costume is a mermaid? (I am not snarking. Just trying to confirm the emoji corresponds to the costume. I feel old, but I miss captions with words.)

At first glance I thought she was Little Edie Bouvier from Grey Gardens. I was about to give Chelsea and Aubree props for going there. Too funny. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

At first glance I thought she was Little Edie Bouvier from Grey Gardens. I was about to give Chelsea and Aubree props for going there. Too funny. 

Genius take on Aubs' costume! ROFL

• Love 3
Just now, druzy said:

“I probably should have gotten permission technically to do this podcast,” she said. “To even do articles, we’re supposed to go through MTV Press, but I don’t think people do that anymore. I don’t like to break rules!”

(The Ashley can confirm that, technically, the girls are supposed to obtain permission from the network’s press department before doing any sort of on-the-record interview, magazine article or making any type of public statement. Of course, though, as the years have gone on the once strictly upheld rule has become lax and the girls rarely– if ever– ask first before they give interviews.)

Anyway, The Ashley has broken down the interview and include the most-interesting tidbits below!

On coming out of her shell lately:

Recently, Chelsea has been a much bigger presence on social media and in the press than ever before. During the interview, she explained why.

“This last year I feel like I’m kind of growing as a person,” Chelsea said. “Before I used to hide in my house, literally, hide in my house, all the time. Now I’m trying to put myself out there a little bit. We are so lucky for the opportunities we have due to this platform, so I’m finally being able to be like, ‘Listen, if you want to make the most of this, and anyone should, you’ve got to put yourself out there,’ and that’s what we’re trying to do now.”

On the rumors that Adam is coming back to ‘Teen Mom 2’:

During the current season of the show, Adam Lind– who is the father of Chelsea’s daughter Aubree– was seen on-screen. Adam notoriously quit the show years ago and has not had his mug on-camera since then. When he was shown on a recent episode, fans assumed that he had rejoined the cast, but Chelsea (and The Ashley’s sources) say that’s not so.

“No, I think that might have been a little click bait because he made an appearance on one episode because he showed up to one of Aubree’s softball games when we were filming,” she said. “So they caught him on camera. I don’t think he’s coming back. Not that I know of.”

(The Ashley’s show sources tell her that because Adam had signed a consent to be filmed form in the past they were able to film him and show his face without it being blurred. He has not signed on to film future episodes.)

On the hate she gets from being on the show:

Chelsea has been very vocal about the fact that she takes fans’ criticism hard, even stating once that she no longer allows herself to go on Reddit because of all the mean things she says people write about her on there.

“I’m very sensitive, and I just want people to like me. I care a lot,” she said. “Luckily, our following is so supportive, and for the most part everyone is really sweet to us. We’re really lucky because I know some of the [‘Teen Mom’] girls get hit pretty hard by [haters]. It makes me feel really bad for them. But we all get it.”

Chelsea said she has been sensitive to the haters since her first days on MTV.

“I remember when I first started the show, someone had written an article about [me], the next girl who was going to be on 16 and Pregnant. I remember calling my dad crying,” she said. “I called MTV and I wanted them to not even play my episode because it scared me so badly to see [the negative comments]. I didn’t know. I wasn’t prepared for that part. It took some getting used to.

“I read [comments online] for a little bit and when I see one negative one, I’m like, ‘Alright I’m done.’ Otherwise you get sucked in,” she added.

On how she deals with people talking negatively about her husband Cole:

“When people say something mean to Cole, I’m like, ‘NO! You don’t be mean to Cole because he’s like an angel!'” she said, later adding, “He had to accept a lot. He had to accept me with a kid, me with a baby daddy who’s a little sketch and also the show.”

Cole, who joined the interview at one point, said he gets very angry when he reads mean things written online about his family.

“There’s been a couple comments where I almost gave [the person] my address and said, ‘I’ll be outside,’” Cole said.

“Whatever! If they actually showed up, he’d be like, ‘Hey buddy, how you doing?’” Chelsea joked.

On having more kids:

Chelsea and Cole already have Aubree, as well as son Watson and daughter Layne, but they say they’re not done growing their family.

“We definitely want one more [baby],” she said. “At least one. Aubree’s older so she’s easier now…she was a good baby. Watson’s a tiny Cole, really sweet and sensitive and the easiest baby ever. Then Layne came and she’s the wildest, feisty baby. Before [she came] we were like ‘Let’s do two more’ but now we’re like ‘Maybe one.’”

On whether or not the drama on the show is manufactured: 

“I know that it’s different with each girl and it matters who they’re working with,” Chelsea said. “I know some people are shadier than others. I love my team that I have. None of the stories are fake or set up or anything. But they’re not always here [filming] either. If we have something going on…say, like when we got robbed. They obviously weren’t here for that but they came that week after it happened, and we were able to discuss how we’re feeling. They do miss some things.”

Chelsea said things are handled very differently now than they were in the early days of ‘Teen Mom 2.’

“I feel like in the beginning, they definitely wanted that drama with Adam,” she said. “They would be like, ‘You should film with him to get this closure’ or whatever. But it’s come a long way from that, I would say.”

Chelsea praised her current crew of producers and camera people.

“My field producer, Mandi, I’m obsessed with her,” she said. “We have all had a couple different field producers, because you have to find someone you feel comfortable with. That’s the person who’s asking you some personal freaking questions and getting all up in your grill. They’re in your house, they’re playing with your kids. It’s hard to find someone that you mesh with.”

When asked if she’s had some really bad producers, Chelsea said that she had.

“I wouldn’t say really bad,” she said. “I don’t open up. I think I open up to women and gay men more. I’ve never had a producer who’s a manly man. I don’t open up to people, and it just hasn’t worked out. There’s just been sketchy people, I don’t know…”

On what would cause her to quit filming ‘Teen Mom 2’:

“I feel like we would eventually get— I don’t feel it now—– but I’ve been through ups and downs, where I’m like ‘Can I keep doing this? Is this healthy for my mental state?’ You go back and forth. We’re in such a good place now, we enjoy it, but if it ever got to a place where it was not healthy for us, [we would be done].

“If [Aubree] was like ‘I truly don’t want to do this’ we’d tell them she’s done,” Chelsea said. “Our family and our marriage is number one.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I always find it funny when the girls complain about haters and mean comments, yet keep signing up year after year to do the show. None of them are going anywhere until MTV pulls the plug. 

I don't think Chelsea has grown all that much as a person. The only difference is Cole is now her crutch instead of Randy. But more power to her if she thinks she's made all these great strides.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 17
On 11/14/2019 at 9:17 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Chelsea, you continue to exploit your kids. Period.

Smokeshow was talking about giving cole a bj on camera 🙄 I like Chelsea... but she seems to be getting desperate to keep that spot on tv. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Mkay said:

Apparently so.   Those who listened to Chelsea on a podcast say he did. 

These Teen Mom people are idiots. Every single one of them. Do they not see that the end is near? No one is going to be knocking on Chelsea's door with offers to slap her name on plaid shirts once this show ends. She's not Lauren Conrad. 

• Love 15
25 minutes ago, druzy said:

These Teen Mom people are idiots. Every single one of them. Do they not see that the end is near? No one is going to be knocking on Chelsea's door with offers to slap her name on plaid shirts once this show ends. She's not Lauren Conrad. 

Who's Lauren Conrad?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 11/21/2019 at 7:20 PM, TVjunkie03 said:

Smokeshow was talking about giving cole a bj on camera 🙄 I like Chelsea... but she seems to be getting desperate to keep that spot on tv. 

I was going to react to this post, but there was no proper reaction...like a vomit, or even just frown would have sufficed, but there were no existing options I felt were appropriate. 😂😂😂

It's sooooo obvious that she thought the audience would go, "awwwww, what a perfect marriage they have! They're soooooo in love!" She is the thirteen-year-old bragging to her friends about her first kiss, essentially. 

And Cole is an idiot to quit his job. I hope he can easily re-enter his field. I can just see him at an interview, saying, "my wife couldn't leave the house, or even go an hour without talking to me, so I quit to help her be a SAHM!"

• Love 15
3 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I really would like to hear from Cole directly why he quit his full time with benefits and pension (presumably, he worked for the city I believe) job.   He’s not even 30 yet.  

Right? Shit, I'm  trying to get a state/city job where I live, but there is a lot of competition for them because of the steady pay/hours/room for advancement/benefits and the pension. So Cole quitting his state/city job when TM2 is on a huge, possibly show ending down swing, is freaking nuts to me. Even if Cole and Chelsea have let say, 1 million+ in the bank, that's not going to last them the rest of their lives. They may not be throwing around money like Kail, but Chelsea and Cole definitely don't strike me as frugel at all. And as someone else said, once TM2 ends, companies won't be hanging on their door to put their names on cheap crap. Dumb dumbs🙄.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

Right? Shit, I'm  trying to get a state/city job where I live, but there is a lot of competition for them because of the steady pay/hours/room for advancement/benefits and the pension. So Cole quitting his state/city job when TM2 is on a huge, possibly show ending down swing, is freaking nuts to me. Even if Cole and Chelsea have let say, 1 million+ in the bank, that's not going to last them the rest of their lives. They may not be throwing around money like Kail, but Chelsea and Cole definitely don't strike me as frugel at all. And as someone else said, once TM2 ends, companies won't be hanging on their door to put their names on cheap crap. Dumb dumbs🙄.

I was looking at a town website for tax info and they were advertising a job for answering phones, high school diploma required, no experience, staring at $24 per hour.  Imagine the professional jobs?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

The thing with Teen Mom money is it sounds like a good amount (300k, I believe?) but you still have to pay taxes, and if these girls have agents or business managers, they get a cut as well.

Additionally, none of these girls deny themselves anything. They all have designer bags, designer clothes, expensive cars, plastic surgery addictions, houses and animals to upkeep, and multiple kids to put through college. Assuming they all live to 80-ish, that's over 50 years to make Teen Mom money last. None of them are set for life off this show, Chelsea included. 

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The thing with Teen Mom money is it sounds like a good amount (300k, I believe?) but you still have to pay taxes, and if these girls have agents or business managers, they get a cut as well.

Additionally, none of these girls deny themselves anything. They all have designer bags, designer clothes, expensive cars, plastic surgery addictions, houses and animals to upkeep, and multiple kids to put through college. Assuming they all live to 80-ish, that's over 50 years to make Teen Mom money last. None of them are set for life off this show, Chelsea included. 

Crazy, isn’t it???  I lost a somewhat stable job when I was 30, and it was devastating.  I flipped the F out wondering how I would survive on unemployment and no health insurance.  And I’m a healthy individual, I rarely use my actual insurance I have now.  And I was SINGLE at that time.   I still at 42 get worried any time my job comes into jeopardy.    But I guess Chelsea doesn’t have to worry about my next big financial fear.  Braces for my kiddo.  😬😬😬

• Love 10

Did Cole 100% quit his job? Because if he did that is so idiotic. Do they think teen mom is gonna go on for another 30 years? Chelsea was probably that chick who would whine about Cole being at work all day and would probably call him nonstop. What a bunch of morons these ppl are.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 11
On 11/23/2019 at 7:19 PM, geauxaway said:

What I don’t get is that they have A LOT of life to live, with a lot of kids.  They are not paying into SSI, so their retirement and health care is all on them.  

They would be paying their own SSI as independent contractors.

• Love 4

If Aubree said she wanted to stop, they would do it in a heartbeat, y'all, because they are such good parents!

You dumbasses are letting a fourth grader call the shots like she has the maturity or wisdom to see this is more than just "cool" to have a camera crew follow you around.

Chelsea and Cole are barely better than the others. They both pimp their kids out and exploit Aubree's shitty parentage on Instagram and TV for money. I have found the two of them increasingly insufferable as the years have worn on. They really think they're the shit.

• Love 15
On 11/23/2019 at 7:05 PM, Lemons said:

I was looking at a town website for tax info and they were advertising a job for answering phones, high school diploma required, no experience, staring at $24 per hour.  Imagine the professional jobs?

The thing is, you don't know who is going to apply for those jobs. I went through a period where I was constantly applying for jobs like that, with college and grad school, and good work experience, and never even got an interview. They'll absolutely hire the person with a master's degree who has 15 years of experience as an office worker. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, druzy said:
ETA: I didn't realize this was an advertisement. I wasn't aware that Chelsea knew how to develop food flavors. 

Jesus. It's basically a jar of candy. No wonder the baby is happy. See here for the description & ingredient list. https://www.fokkennuts.com/product/monster-cookies/. (Contains chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, generic M&Ms, & granola; & even before you get to  the candies, the second & third ingredients, after peanuts, are sugar & brown sugar.) 

So, I guess the flavor development concept is mix a bunch of candy into a jar of peanut butter & feed it to babies. I suppose the "wholesome" concept of monster cookies is that you will bake cookies out of this. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

So Cole quits his job and now they are using the baby to shill.  Classy!

Remember the good old days when you actually had to put in hard work as a stage mother to make a living off your babies? Now it's so much easier due to Instagram!

hahahaha I am currently re-reading Gypsy Rose Lee's autobiography. No way is Chelsea cut out for the kind of work Mama Rose did! Trouping across the country with 5-10 kids while choreographing songs and dances? Nope! Way easier to just post to Instagram. 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, druzy said:
ETA: I didn't realize this was an advertisement. I wasn't aware that Chelsea knew how to develop food flavors. 

I’m pretty sure a 7 year old could “develop” this.  Chocolate chips, M&Ms, peanut butter, sugar, candy, candy, candy.  

And I don’t get it.  Is it a peanut spread or a cookie?  And why would she promote a baby eating this crap for her dumbass followers?  What’s wrong with her?

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Good thing Grandpa's a dentist. Layne will have a mouth full of black holes by kindergarten if she keeps eating that crap. 

Not to mention there’s a family history of obesity.  Poor choices all around. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Lemons said:

I’m pretty sure a 7 year old could “develop” this.  Chocolate chips, M&Ms, peanut butter, sugar, candy, candy, candy.  

And I don’t get it.  Is it a peanut spread or a cookie?  And why would she promote a baby eating this crap for her dumbass followers?  What’s wrong with her?

It kind of reminds me of Nutella being marketed as a nutritious food. I want to gag thinking of how sweet and sugary this is that she’s promoting (and I love chocolate, peanut butter, and candy). 

• Love 4
On 11/23/2019 at 2:57 PM, geauxaway said:

I really would like to hear from Cole directly why he quit his full time with benefits and pension (presumably, he worked for the city I believe) job.   He’s not even 30 yet.  

I don't necessarily blame him for quitting. At this point, they are making more than enough money to live happily, not just from teen mom, but from their various instagram endorsements and diaper bags, books, flannel shirts or whatever they sell. He can always get a job later on if the show ends. We all keep saying that the show won't go on forever, but it certainly does not have an end in sight that is near. And Chelsea is an original so she's probably making $400,000 alone from just the show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Can we talk about the name of this junk product for a minute?  Fookinuts?  Like are you fucking serious?   Soooo edgy, funny, whatever trying to mimic a curse word.  I don’t know why it bugs me so much, but it does.  

Someone ought remind Chelsea that choosy moms choose JIF.  😉

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
On 12/4/2019 at 11:39 AM, heatherchandler said:

And Layne looks like she got the Randy genes - she definitely got his face.  She's going to be huge if she doesn't watch it.

Aubrey got the Randy genes.  It’s not fair to her to have that type of junk around. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 12/4/2019 at 1:55 PM, geauxaway said:

Can we talk about the name of this junk product for a minute?  Fookinuts?  Like are you fucking serious?   Soooo edgy, funny, whatever trying to mimic a curse word.  I don’t know why it bugs me so much, but it does.  

Someone ought remind Chelsea that choosy moms choose JIF.  😉

Well you know Chelsea is so cool and edgy with her moto jacket and Ramones tshirt.  🙄  So, of course she thinks this is funny! 

3 hours ago, Lemons said:

Aubrey got the Randy genes.  It’s not fair to her to have that type of junk around. 

Exactly - the parents have to keep the junk food out and get them used to healthy food.  I have a son who is skinny no matter what he eats but my other guy is a little hefty if he eats crap like fuckinnuts or whatever - so we keep junk food loaded with sugar out of the house, so they learn to eat good food.  It's not that hard to keep the junk out. 

This crap is another way for her to cash in, and once again, it is at the expense of her kids and their well-being. 

• Love 9
On 12/4/2019 at 8:40 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

I don't necessarily blame him for quitting. At this point, they are making more than enough money to live happily, not just from teen mom, but from their various instagram endorsements and diaper bags, books, flannel shirts or whatever they sell. He can always get a job later on if the show ends. We all keep saying that the show won't go on forever, but it certainly does not have an end in sight that is near. And Chelsea is an original so she's probably making $400,000 alone from just the show. 

I would rather work in my 30’s and retire early than quit and try to re-enter the workforce down the road if he needs to.  But maybe he doesn’t need to work.  Who knows.  I just feel like if they didn’t feel a bit of shame about his quitting, she would be rejoicing Coley is now a stay at home dad.  They’re whole mantra was him as this hard working average Joe humble country boy provider.  So much for him “not liking the cameras.”  They’re a bunch of frauds if they claim otherwise.

Their claims that they would walk away no questions asked if Aubree didn’t want to film is also a load of BS.  This is their only stream of income now.  They are 100% dependent on Teen Mom now.

• Love 14

Has it been confirmed that Cole quit his job or is it just speculation because he filmed more events this season?

I just did a quick google/SM search and saw nothing about Cole quitting outside of this forum.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, snarts said:

Has it been confirmed that Cole quit his job or is it just speculation because he filmed more events this season?

I just did a quick google/SM search and saw nothing about Cole quitting outside of this forum.

Chelsea said so on a podcast, so it's not Internet rumor.

1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

I would rather work in my 30’s and retire early than quit and try to re-enter the workforce down the road if he needs to.  But maybe he doesn’t need to work.  Who knows.  I just feel like if they didn’t feel a bit of shame about his quitting, she would be rejoicing Coley is now a stay at home dad.  They’re whole mantra was him as this hard working average Joe humble country boy provider. 

I agree. Cole's entire narrative is Captain-Save-A-Ho, the white knight who swept in and is the perrrrfect husband and perrrrfect stepdad. Now he's just another lump on top of the pile of boyfriends/baby daddies who do nothing but coast off Teen Mom money. For two people who seem to play up traditional gender roles, it's both funny and ironic that Chelsea is the one supporting the family. Nobody would be hiring Cole to promote anything if it weren't for his wife. 

• Love 13

I think it’s pathetic he quit his job. I used to not mind Chelsea but now her and Cole annoy the shit out of me. His whole day must be him obsessing about Chelsea. Good luck once Teen mom ends loser. He’s such a try hard.

• Love 13

Yes I think Cole quitting his job was stupid. If Chelsea was sick or disabled and needed help caring for the kids- the absolutely him being home (since they can afford it comfortably) would be a great thing for the family with little downside. Like @BitterApple said, it would be better for him to work NOW and maybe take early retirement if he needed to care for his elderly parents or something. 

Most people have some type of junk food/sweets in the house no matter how skinny or big they are. There’s nothing wrong with kids eating that stuff sometimes (like as dessert) but Layne is literally a BABY! She hasn’t turned two yet right? Aubrey or maybe Watson having a little bit okay, but the baby??

• Love 5
2 hours ago, snarts said:

Ok, so what podcast?

They have done a few podcasts lately. Here is one of the podcasts where he was asked what he did before Teen Mom.

Edited by druzy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, geauxaway said:

They’re whole mantra was him as this hard working average Joe humble country boy provider.  So much for him “not liking the cameras.”  

The funny thing is, that was never really what Cole's background. He, like Chelsea, has a white collar professional father (Cole's dad is an engineer and a professor) and Cole has gone to college and probably graduated. He was never a humble "country boy", but a basic upper middle class kid like Chelsea.

16 hours ago, Marley said:

I think it’s pathetic he quit his job. I used to not mind Chelsea but now her and Cole annoy the shit out of me. His whole day must be him obsessing about Chelsea. Good luck once Teen mom ends loser. He’s such a try hard.

Really, Chelsea is starting to act a little like Leah, she needs to have constant help and attention to get through the day. I, for the life of me, don't understand why Chelsea agreed to move further from town. She is a social, needy, anxious person. 

• Love 10
20 hours ago, Marley said:

This is what I'm thinking! Coley used to write Chelsea notes before work to get her through the day, which were all superficial, like:

1. U r perfect

2. U r hot

3. R kids r beautiful 

4. U r blessed

5. R kids r blessed 

6. We have a damn gorgeous family

this is how they were "treating" Chelsea's anxiety. At this point, it must not be enough! Can you imagine how suffocating they must be? Chelsea probably requires constant affirmations, and probably freaks if Cole goes into a different room...unless it enables her to be lazy (like I don't see her minding if he leaves the room to clean up vomit). The worship from fans probably keeps him going now, but I wonder how long he will be happy with this arrangement!

i also agree that it's fishy that Chelsea's not rejoicing from the rooftops that he's a stay at home dad. She wants everyone to buy into the narrative that he's a super special white knight who loves her enough to support her every whim, and pay for both her and her daughter. That's her schtick!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

Really, Chelsea is starting to act a little like Leah, she needs to have constant help and attention to get through the day. I, for the life of me, don't understand why Chelsea agreed to move further from town. She is a social, needy, anxious person. 

Cole said in the podcast (posted above) that his goal is to become a farmer so maybe that's why they moved 🤷‍♂️. Maybe they think they will get a spin-off when Teen Mom ends- Chelsea & Cole Had a Farm E-I-E-I-O

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

So, what I just read above is that Cole wants to become a farmer, yet they're involved in the production and promotion of some kind of Dollar Store "food" that is essentially a huge jar of peanut butter and sugar (the very thing that's putting family grocers and farmers out of business).

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3