Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

I think that abomination took place at Janelle's house in Flagstaff,,, very awkward and not at all romantic.

I need @ginger90 to weigh in  🙂

They did a V-day bouquet thing in Vegas. Kody, while on camera, got 4 bouquets and announced it was for his WIVES. Camera pans to florists shocked face.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Dustbunny said:

I need @ginger90 to weigh in 

I don’t recall her rental in Vegas, so I don’t know. It’s not the house with the flame throwing horses. 😁

It doesn’t look like two of her rentals in Flagstaff.

Basically, I’m no help. 🤣😂

• LOL 6
29 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t recall her rental in Vegas, so I don’t know. It’s not the house with the flame throwing horses. 😁

It doesn’t look like two of her rentals in Flagstaff.

Basically, I’m no help. 🤣😂

Posting a video on Primetimer - Free

Posting a question that stumps @ginger90 - PRICELESS!!  😂

Now it has me wondering...

When did they move to Flagstaff, 2018?,,, the date on that TLC video is Feb 2020

I think it's Janelle's first tiny little rental house in Flagstaff

• Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
21 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

OK, so Kody says in the clip that two years before Christine " threw him out" that Christine threw a fit at a family party. She left yelling that she was in a loveless marriage according to Kody. Yet, Kody professed through half the season that he was caught completely by surprise when Christine wanted out of the marriage.  I believe that if my husband was screaming at a party that he was in a loveless marriage, I might get an inkling that he was dissatisfied with our relationship.  So either Kody was lying about not knowing Christine was so upset about the state of their relationship or he is an idiot. Actually, it is probably both!!

Well sure! He knew she was unhappy and dissatisfied, but he never dreamed she would have the courage pluck self confidence audacity to actually leave! You're supposed to keep sweet, ya jackwagon!

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
On 12/12/2022 at 7:08 AM, GeeGolly said:

What's next, Kody gets a hangnail and its Christine's fault?

Yep, and it'll be the very worst hangnail in the whole world!

In all of recorded human history!

Scrunching his hair was impossible! He was in agony! He couldn't function! He could have bled out!

Complete with his standard Dinner-threatre-does-Macbeth histrionics.

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
9 hours ago, MMLEsq said:

So now the marriage to Meri is over...   does that mean the show is over?  

https://people.com/tv/sister-wives-meri-brown-confirms-kody-split/

I’m sure it will take a season to show the Janelle escape, but after that …It can’t be Sister Wives with only one wife.   
The show could be reborn into something featuring the three liberated women, or their adult offspring.  

Regarding Meri’s situation, I’ve never liked her on the show but I would not be surprised if she is a lot happier once the shock of admitting it’s over wears off.  She might even turn into a much nicer person.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 5

Christine's leaving took up a whole season. At the end of that, many of us suspected that Janelle was out the door only to have that confirmed in the last minute of a trailer for next week's TH. And now WITHIN DAYS we have Meri gone, too. Give me a break. Can't we even have a whole week to be happy Janelle is gone without having Meri drop her wet blanket on things?

• Like 7
  • LOL 12

These previews are all focusing on Meri and Christine and their long intertwined battle royale - fighting for scraps of Kody's attention - for decades.  Meanwhile Janelle is "separated." Not divorced. Not married. Not dumped. Still over there occupying her own little unique spot on Kody's totem poll. I can't figure out if I am impressed by that or not.  It will be interesting (maybe) to see how she frames things.

• Like 7

Looks like Sobbin' Robyn got what she was aiming for: a legal, monogamous marriage to Creepin' Kody. All the real Sister Wives have gone and she remains. Unfortunately, she and Kodo will have to get real jobs after the show dies (you know they aren't saving any $$$) and he still has to pay child support on a mess of kids for a long, long time. Since he divorced Meri to marry Robyn so he could adopt her spawn from her prior (or so he said), those are his responsibility now, too. I can't wait to see how all this plays out. How soon before Robyn goes sniffin' for a new daddy. Or Kody starts looking for a new momma.  Better start soon, she isn't going to age well with that face. Hah!! So much for the upside of beautiful FLDS plural marriage. 🤣

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Is it me or am I not seeing anything in these articles about Meri "confirming split" other than them playing her Kody's clip saying she can just go elsewhere and her saying "I guess he made a decision"? I mean they're already divorced and have been for years...so the only thing that would really confirm the split is her maybe leaving Flagstaff for good? But it wouldn't honestly surprise me if this signifies nothing/no changes. She'll just keep living like a single woman in Flagstaff presumably. Maybe she'll talk to Robyn... a little less?

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

Is it me or am I not seeing anything in these articles about Meri "confirming split" other than them playing her Kody's clip saying she can just go elsewhere and her saying "I guess he made a decision"? I mean they're already divorced and have been for years...so the only thing that would really confirm the split is her maybe leaving Flagstaff for good?

At Logan's recent wedding, pictures show Meri sitting on the same side as Christine and Janelle, and away from Kody and Robyn. To me, that says that Meri has stopped trying to be with Kody. Maybe she finally got the hint. I hope Leon sees what is going on and is as hard on Kody as they have been on Meri in the past. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 2

I don't see how anything has changed for Meri, Kody's statements have been public knowledge for at least two years. Clips of him dissing her have played ad nauseam at least that long. And of course, as Janelle says, "just Google me". Everything has been out there for Meri and the world to see.

As @Tuxcat said, Meri is forcing Kody's hand. In her mind, until Kody makes a written statement, she has hope. Her desperate self sees a lack of statement from Kody as him, at the very least, leaving the door unlocked, if not open.

• Like 7

Meri STILL unable to use honest language when pressed why Christine ended their friendship: 

Meri: “I don’t know exactly what the deal is” 

Sukanya: “You know what you did”

https://www.today.com/today/amp/rcna61762

Queen of Denial!  Meri KNOWS the catalyst was the catfish and her wanting to leave the family. She still won’t say it! Someone who’s accepted responsibility would have come out and said “Our friendship was destroyed when I got involved with someone online I nearly left the family for and they turned out to be a catfish.” Instead we get, “I wasn’t always the perfect blah blah blah”. 

And she has the nerve to be angry with Christine. Christine is smart to be wary of  Mean Meri. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Additional
  • Like 9
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Ms Lark said:

Looks like Sobbin' Robyn got what she was aiming for: a legal, monogamous marriage to Creepin' Kody. All the real Sister Wives have gone and she remains. Unfortunately, she and Kodo will have to get real jobs after the show dies (you know they aren't saving any $$$) and he still has to pay child support on a mess of kids for a long, long time. Since he divorced Meri to marry Robyn so he could adopt her spawn from her prior (or so he said), those are his responsibility now, too. I can't wait to see how all this plays out. How soon before Robyn goes sniffin' for a new daddy. Or Kody starts looking for a new momma.  Better start soon, she isn't going to age well with that face. Hah!! So much for the upside of beautiful FLDS plural marriage. 🤣

Robyn’s first three kids are all legal adults now, so it’s just Sol and Arielle to be concerned about. I don’t think Robyn will look for a new husband- I think she’s tired and her reproductive lifespan is over. I think she will stick with Kody for the foreseeable future. They will likely stay together because they are both older and tired. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

he still has to pay child support on a mess of kids for a long, long time.

I don't think that Kody pays child support. None of his wives takes him to court to have it ordered, probably because they don't want the scrutiny of their finances. 

At this time, the only children he has who are legally minors are Truely, Sol and Ari. So if he stays with Robyn, he would only have child support on Truely for six more years. I don't think Christine is going to demand it. She knows he has no money and she has milked the system (so I've heard) in ways not entirely legal, so I don't think she wants anyone poking around in their finances any more than Kody does.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

She knows he has no money and she has milked the system (so I've heard) in ways not entirely legal, so I don't think she wants anyone poking around in their finances any more than Kody does.

I know she doesn't want people poking, but he does have TLC money coming in, so she could demand diversion of a certain % of that as part of her contract negotiations. Though it wouldn't surprise me if they don't have an attorney looking at their contracts.

Edited by kassa
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Queen of Denial!  Meri KNOWS the catalyst was the catfish and her wanting to leave the family.

I don't think that was the catalyst. More likely it was before that. I think Christine felt betrayed when Meri brought Robyn into the family. I think this fracture happened pre-show.

Also, how can we get these people to stop saying the word "safe."

• Like 13
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I don't think that was the catalyst. More likely it was before that. I think Christine felt betrayed when Meri brought Robyn into the family. I think this fracture happened pre-show.

Also, for all the years Christine was in the basement with a zillion kids, Meri was working part time/in school. Do we imagine she helped out much? Or was she sitting up there in her quiet apartment and sending Leon down to play with their siblings?

• Like 8
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, kassa said:

Also, for all the years Christine was in the basement with a zillion kids, Meri was working part time/in school. Do we imagine she helped out much? Or was she sitting up there in her quiet apartment and sending Leon down to play with their siblings?

I'm going to say that might have been part of it, but It likely went both ways. I'm sure there were days when Meri resented spreading her paycheck to help support a passel of kids, when she technically had only one. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm going to say that might have been part of it, but It likely went both ways. I'm sure there were days when Meri resented spreading her paycheck to help support a passel of kids, when she technically had only one. 

Yes but isn't that 180 degrees counter to living the polygamy lifestyle?

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
Just now, gingerella said:

Yes but isn't that 180 degrees counter to living the polygamy lifestyle?

Yup. IMO, there is nothing healthy about polygamy. The dynamics are such that there are reasons for everyone to resent everyone. Nothing is ever fair.

As much as I dislike Meri I just don't see her as the only bad guy and I don't see Christine as a selfless innocent bystander.

• Like 16
  • Applause 8

When they sit in their circle and talk, am I the only one who notices their closed off body language?  I'm no expert but the tight crossed arms with the frownie faces fascinates me with it's consistency. Every single one of them does it when they have their meetings. Talk about "putting up walls"  or "feeling safe". They are a study in defensive body language.     

• Like 19
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
23 hours ago, Auntie Freeze said:

I have idly wondered if the authorities have ever looked into the Brown finances. 

I have wondered whether their "state-hopping" had something to do with avoiding debtors, pending inquiries from local authorities or charities etc.

I don't know that many people (apart from diplomats and the military) that dragged their families through 5 states (Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Nevada and Arizona) in 25-30 years and I haven't included the fact that they moved back to Utah and Wyoming at least twice.

We know Kotex's love for uprooting and upsetting his family by moving them within a very short notice. There has never been a good and plausible reason for causing that mess (not counting the fake-escape from Lehi as we all know it was orchestrated)So it could very well be that they were indeed on the run for somebody or something....

No real proof for this assumption btw, other than those sudden and frequent moves across states, their disastrous financial history and them "using" the system to claim as much benefits like food stamps as they possibly could.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

Deeds, mortgages, bankruptcies, liens, judgments, tax executions & collection lawsuits are all public record.  Seems to me if they exist, they would've been found & publicized by now? Other reality stars have been charged/convicted, so I doubt the Browns would be spared if there were legitimate allegations.  (But maybe I'm naive!)

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
13 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I have wondered whether their "state-hopping" had something to do with avoiding debtors, pending inquiries from local authorities or charities etc.

I don't know that many people (apart from diplomats and the military) that dragged their families through 5 states (Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Nevada and Arizona) in 25-30 years and I haven't included the fact that they moved back to Utah and Wyoming at least twice.

We know Kotex's love for uprooting and upsetting his family by moving them within a very short notice. There has never been a good and plausible reason for causing that mess (not counting the fake-escape from Lehi as we all know it was orchestrated)So it could very well be that they were indeed on the run for somebody or something....

No real proof for this assumption btw, other than those sudden and frequent moves across states, their disastrous financial history and them "using" the system to claim as much benefits like food stamps as they possibly could.

We moved often as a child.  I changed schools 10 times in  13 years.  All in a 200 mile radius.  Not military, not running from the law or debts.  Merely had an alcoholic step-father that lost or changed  jobs at the drop of a hat.  Sometimes it was just to a different home a few miles away. 
I think the Brown family’s moves were similar. Either related to jobs, lack of money to stay where they were,  changing which families they wanted to be near, or believed persecution from being polygamous. Persecution being a strong word because it was most likely people looking at them oddly rather than anything legal. 
I think Janelle has stated multiple times that Meri quit jobs a lot to go on vacations with Kody.  I expect Kody quit often also. 

Kody’s family lives in Wyoming/Montana. Meri and Christine’s in Utah.  I’m sure they made a circuit when they needed financial support.  Which I believe was continual until this show came along. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

Deeds, mortgages, bankruptcies, liens, judgments, tax executions & collection lawsuits are all public record.  Seems to me if they exist, they would've been found & publicized by now?

Most of those have been found and publicized.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Ok, I fully understand that lots of things are on record and that you can’t (always) outrun your past forever. So, you’d assume that each and every bank, credit card company or money lender does a decent check on their client’s past, even if it’s across state borders. (And taxes and such of course)

But in the Brown family case, it’s clear that most didn’t, or failed to unearth all relevant info when providing them with all those loans and mortgages they got over the years. They are a pretty big liability financially.  Just in a few instances companies did check; we came across Robyn with all her credit cards and loans in 4 different names (how did she do that?)  and I think Christine who struggled to qualify for her mortgage. Both qualified in the end, but probably against a higher interest or other terms and conditions.

So, just from this family’s past, it seems worth it to at least try and cover some distance and state boarders and start all over again.

• Like 3
On 12/15/2022 at 11:55 PM, Ms Lark said:

I don’t think child support for Truely = a mess of child support. She’s his only non custodial minor left. 

• Like 6
On 12/16/2022 at 1:34 AM, taragel said:

Is it me or am I not seeing anything in these articles about Meri "confirming split" other than them playing her Kody's clip saying she can just go elsewhere and her saying "I guess he made a decision"? 

I am not sure what to make of it, but Meri has stopped following Kody and Robyn on IG.  

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 9
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Most of those have been found and publicized.

Correct.  Which is why I don't think there is a big "running from the law and/or debt" motivation behind their frequent moves or that they're keeping a bunch of illegal financial secrets.  But...anything is possible, I suppose.

• Like 2

I’ve always suspected Kody might be bipolar. He goes from joyously manic to paranoidly frantic then hates everyone and thinks everyone is against him over and over.

He has grand schemes that fizzle to nothing but debt, changes jobs frequently, uproots the families, is always busy but always has an excuse of why he isn’t accomplishing much except debt and bad relationships. 

• Like 16
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

Ok, I fully understand that lots of things are on record and that you can’t (always) outrun your past forever. So, you’d assume that each and every bank, credit card company or money lender does a decent check on their client’s past, even if it’s across state borders. (And taxes and such of course)

But in the Brown family case, it’s clear that most didn’t, or failed to unearth all relevant info when providing them with all those loans and mortgages they got over the years. They are a pretty big liability financially.  Just in a few instances companies did check; we came across Robyn with all her credit cards and loans in 4 different names (how did she do that?)  and I think Christine who struggled to qualify for her mortgage. Both qualified in the end, but probably against a higher interest or other terms and conditions.

So, just from this family’s past, it seems worth it to at least try and cover some distance and state boarders and start all over again.

Robyn was born to a man named Marck. Assuming her mom,  Alice Fullmer, married him, that would be Robyn's  legal name. Some of the kids Alice  had with Sullivan have the name Marck. Robyn presents herself as Sullivan, but I don't know if she ever took that name. I doubt she was legallu adopted.  She married Jessop. She may have used Fullmer, too. 

I read in CJ blog that Jessop's family had to bail them out financially a few times. I can't substantiate that, of course. Just looking at the credit card names, it seems to me she learned early on how to game the credit system.

• Like 11
  • Useful 2