2 minutes ago, mariah23 said:

Just watch TCM Remembers again.

Did they snub Norman Jewison?!

He was near the beginning.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
Just now, chitowngirl said:

How is it possible that they screw this up every year, and this year they did it royally? And no Matthew Perry???

He was there.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
Just now, chitowngirl said:

How is it possible that they screw this up every year, and this year they did it royally? And no Matthew Perry???

He was in there 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Just watch TCM Remembers again.

He was show at the beginning.

Good thing they cut to the commercial, because I am sobbing...

• Applause 1
1 minute ago, chitowngirl said:

He was there, but almost impossible to see. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

No idea, since I couldn't see most of the names or photos.  And what was up with just words at the very end?  Were those names?  Would have been awesome to be able to see them!

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, chitowngirl said:

I saw Matthew Perry. Sort of.

• Like 4

I really need to quit being surprised over how they find ways to screw up the In Memoriam.  Could barely see shit.  Whose bright idea was this?

Unless I missed him, I didn't see Lance Reddick up there, which alone infuriates me.  Even if he was mainly a television actor, he was Charon a.k.a. the best Hotel Manager ever in the John Wick franchise.  Show him some respect!

• Like 18
  • Love 1

Oh for God's sake!!  I thought it was going to start out okay, with the strings playing Con te partirò, even if I was a little frustrated with the dancers.  But when all you're seeing is a long shot of the people who've passed away, and suddenly there are more dancers and here are the singers...no!!  Just let us see the pictures and occasionally something from the dearly departed, some nice music (I love that song, by the way), and leave it be!!  We don't need an interpretive dance!!!

• Like 19
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I like Billie Eilish & "What Was I Made For?" is ais a beautiful song, but performance -wise, it was much better on "SNL," with the pictures of "Barbie" cast and crew as children in the background. 

When it comes to the Oscar performances, in "There Will Be Blood" terms, "I'm Just Ken" drank "What Was I Made For"'s milkshake and threw the glass against the wall when it was finished. 🥤

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Kimmel has now posed the question: out of this particular line-up, which previous Best Actor winner is the Justin Timberlake of the group?!

To be fair: is there anything you wouldn't do for the right price, Mr. Nicholas Cage?!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Nicholas Cage looks like a touring company actor playing Nicholas Cage and yet he is always consistently and oddly entertaining.

Edited by bosawks
  • Like 12
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Cooper's big mistake with Maestro was not including West Side story, which revolutionized musical theater.

It was like Bohemian Rhapsody without Queen music.

• Like 11
Just now, scarynikki12 said:

I love Nic Cage always being maximum Nic Cage. Can he and Ryan do a movie together? They'll both lean hard into whatever the roles are and we will all benefit.

Hollywood, GET ON THIS NOW!!!!

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

What a fucking mess.  They start out with the names so small I had to get out of my chair and stand in front of my TV to read them - what the hell?  Get those  dancers off the stage.  And why the focus on the singers - it's supposed to be about those we've lost.  And how disrespectful to those who were tiny names crammed on the screen for about 2 1/2 seconds at the end.  

I say this every year - just have the people at TCM do the In Memoriam.  

• Like 14
  • Applause 10

Cillian Murphy wins and is no doubt torn between the happiness of winning and also thinking "Crap!  I now have to give a speech in front of the audience!"

Even though they didn't win, it's still cool seeing the likes of Jeffery Wright and Colman Domingo up there.  This better not be the last time for them.

• Like 13
2 minutes ago, Calvada said:

What a fucking mess.  They start out with the names so small I had to get out of my chair and stand in front of my TV to read them - what the hell?  Get those  dancers off the stage.  And why the focus on the singers - it's supposed to be about those we've lost.  And how disrespectful to those who were tiny names crammed on the screen for about 2 1/2 seconds at the end.  

I say this every year - just have the people at TCM do the In Memoriam.  

Same!

• Like 4

I just realized (I think?) that the announcements for the former winners are replays of the women who read their names when THEY won. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Aw Spielberg's presenting Director. He's probably so excited to give it to Nolan. I remember how thrilled he (and Coppola and Lucas) was to reward his buddy Marty back in the day.

YAY NOLAN!!!!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Way to royally fuck up in memoriam.  The camera was too far back at first making it impossible to see who the actor was on the screen.  Loose the dancers and singers!!!!

Simply.have the orchestral  play while the screen is filled with  the actor, possibly showing a scene of their work. Honor their memory.

• Like 9
  • Applause 13
  • Useful 1

Christopher Nolan finally gets his trophy.  Can put that alongside the $85 million he apparently got for directing the film.  The man is winning in almost every aspect of his life!

Guest they are saving Best Actress for near the end since it's somewhat of a nailbiter.

Find it funny that anytime the Oppenheimer cast is mentioned, they always say Matt Damon's full name while everyone else is just their first one.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Poohbear617 said:

Way to royally fuck up in memoriam.  The camera was too far back at first making it impossible to see who the actor was on the screen.  Loose the dancers and singers!!!!

Simply.have the orchestral  play while the screen is filled with  the actor, possibly showing a scene of their work. Honor their memory.

And don’t we say this every year?????

So aggravating! 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2